Why do you refuse to git gud at Bayonetta?

Why do you refuse to git gud at Bayonetta?

Attached: bayobayo.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F89-MOy7Xfg
youtube.com/watch?v=6lFxGBB4UGU
strawpoll.me/18468849
strawpoll.com/s879944g
youtu.be/S-HgVavruMU
youtu.be/tXTOJHIyESE?t=48
youtube.com/watch?v=RElfXigIe4c
youtube.com/watch?v=n7CMMDQBjGQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a shit game like the rest of platinum garbage.

I accidentally saved over my bayo save with a jeanne save

Attached: 1565580113269.png (480x534, 255K)

Because Bayonetta only dates black men

Attached: 1535483171373.jpg (850x1212, 424K)

I'm garbage and can only play on Normal

What's the point?

What went wrong with your life that you routinely spam this image.

How

It's not a Sony exclusive.

Because it lacks interesting characters/world/art design. Unlike DMC and God of War, two games carried by their setting and protagonists, the only appeal of Bayonetta is the fact that you can jerk off to her. Everything else feels like rehashed production ideas for DMC that don't work outside of that game's context.

The only good game they ever made was rising.

I really don't like the character.

Slowly but surely. Just went back and got these babies.
I'd say Bayonetta is an interesting character, as is the world of the game. Art design for enemies is top tier. Environments are nice, especially Paradiso.
>the only appeal of Bayonetta is the fact that you can jerk off to her
The combat is kinetic in a way DMC4 and 5 are not.

Attached: 20190812074351_1.jpg (1920x1080, 177K)

When I first unlocked Jeanne I payed through a level went to save my game, kept mashing through all the prompts as usual and the save file selection reticle was by default on the last slot that was saved onto which was my bayo file

>God of War
>interesting characters/world/art design
>carried by their setting and protagonists

Attached: 1556929709951.jpg (900x650, 78K)

>

Attached: 7657657567.jpg (376x440, 24K)

>Bayonetta
>lacks interesting art design

Alright the rest of your bait post I could ignore but this I cannot. Bayonetta has far more interesting art designs than any of the DMC games.

The cave section after Vigrid burning is pretty lame. Otherwise yeah Bayonetta has top tier art direction and user is a gigantic faggot.

Playing through it all for the first time, this is a really underrated video game. I'm shocked at the lack of jerking off it gets.

Attached: 20190809033614_1.jpg (1920x1080, 377K)

Don't feel bad user I remember wiping a 300 hour Dante file in DMC3 when I saved over it with a Vergil file. I know your pain all too well.

Attached: b18168178ee.jpg (500x281, 57K)

>tfw I had to switch to easy just to finish the last 5 or 6 chapters after getting my ass waxed for the majority of the game
L-Listen, I'd been stuck on the game for 2 years. I just wanted to start Bayo 2.

I'm gonna go back and finish it on Normal, I promise.

Because Bayonetta only dates black men

I am good. People online fuck up multiple boss fights in tag mode

Bayonetta 1 got rave reviews when it released, and was the first multiplatform video game to ever get a 40/40 from Famitsu. It's a great game, just wish people actually bothered to learn its combat system.

I haven't yet had the drive to go back and replay it more than I have for a while. Bayonetta is just one of those games that embodies the ">Want to replay game > Remember THAT part" meme because it has like 7 or 8 THAT Parts. The core gameplay is still fantastic and the game is clearly designed for replay value, which I really respect Kamiya for incorporating into all his games, but I never find myself willing to pull out my WiiU and put in the disc. I do miss Lt. Kilgore, but it's not worth the flaming city, the butchered Afterburner sequence, and Jubileus (my vote for the worst final boss in any good action game).

Besides, if I want a Platinum game with some similar mechanics to Bayo that I'll enjoy even more then I have Wonderful 101 & TF Devastation.

Bayonetta has fantastic art design. 2's best aspect despite its failings was fantastic designs across the board, probably because the director had only ever done visual design work before being put in the director's chair.

Attached: 1542181146440.jpg (800x534, 44K)

I now remember this has online play. They need to put it on sale so more people can jump into the frey and help me get my max ranks

Literally any info about 3 WHEN

Attached: 1450194012937.jpg (1114x998, 324K)

>Bayonetta 1 got rave reviews when it released, and was the first multiplatform video game to ever get a 40/40 from Famitsu
I suppose I mean here, since all I ever see are DMC threads.
>just wish people actually bothered to learn its combat system.
I hear you. People keep making the mistake of treating it like DMC when it's more kinetic than that.

This, these days I do run the whole game on a replay. However, when I was trying to unlock everything I would be skipping almost half the missions for being either two short or extra bullshit.

Bayo2 is more consistent throughout IMO, the combat isnt quite as good but it still gets the job done.

I don't care much for the combat. While I kinda criticize DMC Dante play for absolute optimal being figuring out the timing to royal guard on everything and once you do, you just do that, there's at least fun outside of that and lots of options before you get that good.

Bayonetta, your defensive play is entirely just press one button at any point. Doesn't matter if mid attack or any animation, you can just press it. It makes the attacks feel weightless and absolutely not a commitment and it makes the defense feel like the way royal guard makes me feel all the time. Yes, they made combat feel more fluid, but that to action games is regenerating health to shooters, it never really made them better. It was just kinda a short cut developers made to make balancing a game more mindless.

I find it a little funny that you slam Bayonetta 1 for the Afterburner and Space Harrier section when TW101 has legitimately worse sections of this nature. I absolutely love TW101, but it has far too many "ship" sections and most of the time they aren't implemented well at all. Need I remind of you final segment of the where you have to control two ships with two analog sticks and if you fail it wipes your Pure Platinum rank. The Afterburner and Space Harrier segments are nothing by comparison. The only bad thing about those segments is Jeanne IV is locked behind the Space Harrier segment.

Attached: bayod'arc.jpg (1600x900, 128K)

2 is the much more digestible game, and as such people who beat games once and are done with them generally prefer it to the original. I disagree, but I totally get that. The worst bits of 2 are those flying bosses but they're such a spectacle and your limited moveset is only apparent later on/on higher difficulties. Meanwhile its QTEs are way less egregious and it has some sick sequences like the Chapter you spend entirely in a mech, running into a warzone between Umbran Witches and Angels in the past, and that StarFox sequence before the final couple Missions. 2 also manages to have better overall bosses than the original despite the flying bosses being mediocre and Lumen Sage fights having less substance than Jeanne fights; the actual Angel bosses are actually more enjoyable fights, Loptr/Aesir is nowhere near as fucking awful to fight as Jubileus, Alrune is fucking great, and demon Rodin is just as cool as 1's Rodin fight.

I also think 2's weapons are cooler in concept barring the godking of Bayo weapons Lt. Kilgore. Takemikazuchi is such a cool concept, as are Salamandra and Alruna and Chernabog and Chain Chomp, but they all just fall short of the depth of 1's in the size of their movesets; Chernabog in particular feels like it barely has half of its potential realized.

Forgive the proto-V picture, for some reason I don't actually have any Bayo-related images saved. I only have W101/Rising/Transformers stuff.

Attached: 1552762168807.jpg (930x993, 144K)

I see where you're coming from but I disagree, I think Bayonetta's dodge is inner dependent on the game's Offset system that you need to learn in order to get the Pure Platinum ranks on the higher difficulties (which isn't even restricted to dodging). Bayonetta's enemies are also far more aggressive than anything present in the last three DMC games save maybe DMD Lusts from DMC3. It's a give and take, and on some level I prefer Bayonetta's enemy aggression and uniqueness at the cost of an easier evasion option. And I mean lets be honest, Trickster is even easier than Bayonetta's dodge because you are never punished for abusing it. Jumping + instant Sky Star is also insanely broken with how many i-frames it gives you, and with DMC's generous i-frames on jumping start up you can "jump + sky star" over and over and over with almost impunity.

or the gameplay that takes the already stellar formula of DMC and improves upon it? and i mean, even if no improvements were there it'd still play far better than babby's first hack n' slash, AKA GoW. far more interesting character/world/art design than that series as well, despite what your plebeian senses may tell you.

Attached: 36474817t21.jpg (2560x1920, 1.75M)

Begone blacked cuck

yassss!!!

You could always tell the shitposts made by people who didn’t actually play the game

You know the rule user
If your black, it has to be your feet

I wouldn't really say improves 'upon' it because that would imply Bayonetta plays like DMC, but branches out in a different direction. Bayonetta has jump cancels, all that good stuff. But Bayonetta uses the Offset system and gives Bayonetta herself a more "complete" feeling compared to DMC. There is seriously not a single button wasted on Bayonetta's control scheme.

But I did get good. Got the Platinum for it on the PS3 way back.

I was going to talk about dodge offset but beat me to it.
This too.

Attached: 20190808035733_1.jpg (1920x1080, 489K)

Dodge offset confounds me. I keep letting enemy attacks cancel my combos because I'm too used to witchtime

user if you can actually jerk off to bayo I'm afraid your sex drive is mistuned.

I don't understand what you're saying. Dodge Offset has nothing to do with Witchtime.

I'm pretty sure he's saying he never bothered with offset on easier difficulties because witch time allows you to reset your combo with no recourse. With witch time disabled, he keeps forgetting about dodge offset and ends up resetting his combo.

I have no problem replaying anything in W101. It's probably that the worst parts are very short and the QTEs are some of the best out there (other than Asura's).

Really, I think it boils down to a personal distaste for the missile part. Most people hate it for being too long and being the only way to get to Jeanne 4. I hate it because it's the worst version of Afterburner I've ever touched. It's clearly designed to be Afterburner, first of all, but they play Space Harrier music over it instead despite having an Afterburner remix on the OST which leads to people calling it a Space Harrier section which already annoys me (W101 Operation 009-A is Space Harrier, for the record, and while I don't like SH nearly as much as Afterburner 009-A is WAY better than the missile). Secondly, the controls are horrible; keeping sustained gunfire is frustrating the entire time, changing barrel rolls from something you deliberately get by steering from one direction to another into just being the Dodge button ruins the flow, and the way you move across the screen just feels "wrong". Then you get to how it's mechanically fucked; in AB you get several missiles which travel directly towards the target when you lock on and you generally don't have to worry about your usage if you don't spam them without locking on first, but in this sequence your "missiles" are tied to Magic which is horribly limited and only comes back when you hit things with your awful guns. Your barrel roll dodge also flips the whole fucking screen when you use it which makes it almost impossible to get your bearings when on the defensive, and Witch Time doesn't feel like it fits in at all and only even feels useful half the time you get it (I know it's gone on NSIC so it's not as big of an issue, but also fuck dealing with the rest of this shit on NSIC). The Switch port bothered to give you a gyro w/ auto-gunfire, and while that was a HUGE improvement it's still worse than every half-decent Afterburner.

Attached: 1544157236875.jpg (277x250, 16K)

I have it on PS3 and it’s too expensive for the WiiU. I gave up when I got three stones in a row.

I don't think it's as fun to learn as DMC. Bayo is more dependent on movement and combo streams while DMC is more about accessing discrete moves. There's overlap and there's some great stuff to do in Bayo but DMC is the epitome of
>What if I do this?
>Holy shit it actually worked!

OHH, WHAT A DAY

Apples to oranges then, I won't say I hated every single vehicle part in TW101, but every single time I think of replaying the game the underwater ship sections at the end of Operation 006 rears its head. I found that much much less enjoyable than Bayonetta 1's ship segment.

I guess it is just preference. 006-B's ship segment goes slowly, but I really enjoyed the concepts behind it (namely an isometric shmup where you can use your Unite Morphs as different weapon types). It's not a draw but it's not a deterrent.

Legit took me 9 years to discover Shuraba can fire a giant laser beam

Attached: Bayonetta-Smash-4.jpg (750x400, 72K)

I agree in that I liked it conceptually, but the choice of camera angle just killed my enjoyment of it during my Platinum run.

Shame it's almost entirely useless. Still fucking cool.

because I try to avoid games where you play as a devil/devil worshipper/someone who made a deal with a demon. just a weird personal thing of mine.

Its single player, there is not actual difficulty

So what about Bayo 3?

>janny removed his reddit post

Attached: yourpost.jpg (480x453, 24K)

Soon most likely. Platinum probably didn't want to announce anything to take away thunder from Astral Chain's launch.

never considered that

Attached: 1515957207636.jpg (826x727, 903K)

Cute Bayo

This meme upsets me

Best action game I've played. Dodge offset makes it so much fun.

>lacks interesting characters/world/art design.
Bayo has the best enemy designs in the genre.

I hope Hashimoto stayed around for long enough to design most of the enemies for Bayo 3 again

Attached: angels.jpg (1580x2338, 2.54M)

Campaign is filled with bullshit and Angel Slayer has bugged enemies
Combat is amazing though

dumb nigger

Hope they at least keep a lot of the established roster. I love DMC designs but Bayo’s designs just blow it out of the water.

Attached: 4716CA2F-CD96-4D07-8021-9F62450EC7E9.png (477x675, 322K)

This. The man had no clue how to balance an action game's mechanics but he has a damn good eye for visual design; as frustrating as almost every enemy type in Bayo 2 was I loved all of their designs, especially the cold metallic look of the demons compared to the porcelain-organic Angels.

Because i don't really like it that much.

Attached: I don't feel so good.jpg (1920x1080, 365K)

Because my pc is shit and the game isn't on ps4.

Grace and Glory fag is that you

>especially the cold metallic look of the demons
At first I was not a big fan of that since I loved 1s demons, but they grew on me.

Attached: demons.jpg (842x1191, 1.25M)

Watching Platinum fags trying to get into other action games is hilarious. They just mash buttons non stop, get hit, get back up and proceed to mash buttons again.

Attached: pffffffft.jpg (1920x1080, 184K)

This fight is so fucking good.

Attached: jeanne_reveals_her_umbra_witch_form_by_evilmaybe_d6nugqy-fullview.jpg (1024x576, 72K)

Most people who actually follow Platinum are veteran action game fans and players.

and you know this why? You gotta start somewhere. Bayonetta and MGR was the first action game for a lot of people.

>tfw my first one was God Hand because of Yea Forums memes, followed by Revengeance also because of Yea Forums memes

Attached: 1532130817516.jpg (512x523, 20K)

Mmmmmm, Natalie Mars. Gonna watch some of Natalie's vids tonight for a good stroke sesh. May think of bayo while watching too.

Natalie's cosplay is pretty good.

Could be my near 20 years of playing the genre, but familiarity with DMC/God Hand/NG transitioned naturally into Platinum's titles.

can you fucking niggers stop spazzing out and bringing DMC into every bayonetta thread, youre giving sensible DMCfags a bad rep

Attached: 1563880826963.jpg (900x767, 466K)

Attached: Cheshire, look.webm (800x450, 2.89M)

I'm stuck on it on NSIC. Wouldn't be such an issue if I wasn't playing on an undocked switch.

Attached: ThisTriggersRoasties.jpg (1429x1796, 1.17M)

>playing on an undocked switch.
That sounds worse than playing on PS3

Attached: 1552208198516.jpg (1200x749, 72K)

The positive opinions about Bayonetta turned negative when it went Nintendo exclusive. You will never have an honest discussion about Bayonetta again.

>OL Bayo

Attached: 1558501656319.jpg (480x499, 21K)

What in the actual fuck are you talking about. Most people that play Platinum's games play fucking everything, DMC included.

Not awful but christ sometimes it just plays like molasses

I doubt that it's actually worse than the ps3 version, that one was unplayable.

>that one was unplayable
I got the Platinum Trophy for it because I loved the game that much.
To be fair it was at a time where I think I never really played a 60 FPS game, so it was "okay".
Doubt I would be able to do it today.
Although I did "suffer" through Drakengard 3

Damn Luka

I like Bayonetta casually but I don't really want to bother getting gud at it. Combat's intense to the point of being tiring to play, plus with the miserable vehicle sections and bosses I don't think I'd EVER attempt a perfect run like I have with pretty much any other game I got into.

Speaking purely of platinum games, W101 and VJ are way more fun to git gud at.

Attached: 1382808930323.gif (684x387, 986K)

>Saved over my Vergil file with Dante

Attached: Country roads....webm (900x506, 2.91M)

Can you show an example of someone doing this, or did you just make it up?

Is the game even playable on PS3? It's on sale now for cheap but i have seen some videos with ridiculous slowdown. I also don't trust Sega to make a port that doesn't set my console on fire.

Go fuck yourself
filtered
Practice

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 3.41M)

>he doesn't have the limited edition switch version with the steelbook and playing cards
user..

What if it's a half demon that fights/hunts other demons and is a force for good? Didn't that one Christian review website approve of DMC?

Attached: 1565109515866.jpg (1200x1707, 1.28M)

>Is the game even playable on PS3?
It is...sort of. How much is it on sale?

It has really bad slowdown, but if you really had to play the PS3 version (it's on PC now for fuck sake why would you) it's perfectly playable if you just don't have standards about performance.

The biggest problem I found is that button mashing is fucked. Like it expects you to mash faster than you can using a PS3 controller, some prompts that are no issue on 360 or other versions are goddamn impossible on PS3.

I satisfied with automatic combo

Ninja Gaiden is fucking awesome
Why can't they just make Ninja Gaiden 4 instead of Nioh 2.

>NoA
>Making limited edition games of anything besides waifu emblems and splatoon

lmao xd

Does NoA not give you guys limited editions?

>The biggest problem I found is that button mashing is fucked.
This, don´t ever try to out ORAORAORA Jeanne on anything above Hard when on PS3.

no

Attached: 1560491005798.jpg (184x184, 11K)

DMC is nice and christian now that I'm thinking about it
>protagonist are part demon and part human
>philosophy is that it isn't their demon parts that make them strong, but their human part, their ability to love and feel and protect others in need

>NoA

Attached: 1482673746449.gif (390x277, 2.31M)

I don't understand. Why? We here in EU are getting the collectors edition of Astral Chain, but you in america are not? Seems like america would be the bigger market.

Based.

gee, I wonder who could be behind this post...

>can't find the picture of Affinity on a computer
fuck

Attached: 1491959282550.png (438x500, 21K)

I actually 100% could but i am not gonna throw that guy under the bus by linking his stuff to Yea Forums. He does NSIC Bayo runs but got filtered by DMC enemies on normal and the less is said about NG the better.

>mfw I'll never play Bayo 2 or 3 because I don't want to buy a console for one game

Attached: 1560907175169.gif (354x304, 107K)

>alfheim is a pile of dicks
>need to plat the god awful missile and motorcycle levels
>trying to unlock gene is strangely hard because the slower animations in normal fuck with my muscle memory to the audio ques
>every time i try to get platinum medals i need to change my shirt afterward because i sweat so hard
>bear all this and only have to get a plat on the tower and the shit minigame levels
>no damage and perfect alfheim
>die to the pseudo-qte at the end
>haven't played the game since
I regret nothing.

Attached: 1560642238254.png (727x688, 523K)

Most people are not the 5 z-list e-celebs you watch on youtune retard. What a retarded statement.

Astral Chain & Daemon X Machina are coming out soon. That's 4 games, plus another handful of exclusives you may like, and double that amount if you skipped the WiiU (and if you did, then they'll probably port W101 eventually, and that's Platinum's best game).

like 5 euro bucks i think, maybe less. It's not even listed under sales because no one is managing the store anymore it seems.

That's because it has half or less the active frames for your inputs. I think I'll pass, thanks.

I don't watch anything on youtune or youtube dumbfuck. Fact of the matter is that people who play action games tend to play action games, what a strange fucking concept that must be for a zoomer pea-brain like you.

cheers love

I bought a WiiU for Bayo 2 and regretted it at the time since I didn't really even like it that much. Thankfully it meant I got to experience W101, which singlehandedly made the console worth owning for me.

At least the Switch has an okay library, and some more action games coming. if Bayo3 is the only game on switch you want I don't know what to tell you.

Attached: x.png (487x404, 134K)

Because it's sexist mysoginistic shit that appeals to the male ego.

I hear you can emulate 2 fairly easily now, haven't tried it myself though.

Bayonetta was designed by a woman who was noted to ignore literally everything Kamiya asked her to incorporate into the design and just made what she wanted; the glasses were really the only thing that Kamiya fought for and kept.

Attached: 1532801885221.gif (408x402, 39K)

>Everyone started with "action games" instead of one specific game that can easily be from Platinum
>Everyone who''s ever played an action game instantly has played every action game ever made
>If you like one action game you must like the genre as a whole

You are one dense motherfucker.

Attached: 1551701481924.jpg (703x742, 61K)

I feel the same way about the Ninja Gaiden games, they look great but I have no easy way of playing them.

What systems do you have?

Wasn't Bayo designed by that waifu that walked on stage last E3?

Also apparently Kamiya got to design Jeanne, which is why she's a fucking flattie.

Attached: tumblr_nc5mw9lT5I1qfka7go1_1280.png (600x851, 466K)

I wasn't okay with DMC for a while, because all I knew of Dante was that he's half-demon and that he was the character all the scrubs used in MvC3, but then I saw that he fights for good and the 'demons' are mostly makai bullshit anyway, not demons in the christian/catholic sense. With bayo, not only are the angels obviously inspired by christianity/catholicism, but bayo made a pact with a demon and her soul is literally forfeit to hell.

That's not what I said, but continue to be willfully obtuse for absolutely no reason to triggered faggot.

So did you play DMC at some point?
I honestly really love it as a tale of good and evil. Especially 5 really hammered home the point with Nero that humanity is what makes these silly white haired fools strong as fuck

How, DMC is so much slower and easier. The only one that's specifically harder is DMC3.

It's spectacular in the strictest sense of the word, but it feels so out of left field. The Broken Sky fight with her was much more engaging since it had buildup, and the spectacle (the plain banking, the plain crashing into the sea) was secondary to the fight. After this, there's the missile mission, and boom you fight her again moving from location to location, riding on missiles. It sacrificed emotionality for spectacle.

I didn't. I'm currently beating it on hard.

jesus fuck I misspelled plane.

Attached: Ah, hell.jpg (640x480, 68K)

As someone who's favorite games include Bayonetta and DMC I'm going to personally come to your house and steal your toenails.

I did get pretty good though. Got every achievement bar beating the game on NSIC mode.

uh huh

>the fucking musical cue when it reveals her umbra outfit
Unironically kino

The Lumen Sage fights in Bayo 2 are such trash in comparison to the Jeanne fights and rival boss fights in action games in general
I really hope Bayonetta 3 has some god-tier Rival boss fights.
I really fucking hope they nail Bayo3

Attached: 1561016643235.png (1200x914, 891K)

what do you mean git gud, all you do is take 5 seconds to learn dodge offset and you'll swim in pure platinum

>Wasn't Bayo designed by that waifu that walked on stage last E3?
No, her name is Shimazaki or something like that I think?
She also worked on Tekken 7, most notably on Kazumi

Attached: 1494160982231.jpg (827x1074, 838K)

>makai

Attached: 23a.jpg (500x375, 112K)

Attached: Kazumi-Mishima-Concept-Art-by-Mari-Shimazaki-tekken-37620096-838-623.jpg (838x623, 145K)

>Wasn't Bayo designed by that waifu that walked on stage last E3?
No, Bayo was created by a woman who does fashion designs IIRC. Ikumi Nakamura did work at Platinum before leaving with Mikami to form Tango though.
>Also apparently Kamiya got to design Jeanne, which is why she's a fucking flattie.
The WiiU port of 1 actually made her tits smaller too. Probably the only time something like that has happened where it was to make them hotter, but the developer's standards at least.

>giting gud when you can just kilgore glitch everyone into submission and get platinum medals up the ass for it

Game is shit.

>Also apparently Kamiya got to design Jeanne
Jeanne was the character he had almost 100% say on how she would look, ye.
Shimazaki still came up with the design, though.

Attached: 1537031379622.jpg (963x1166, 337K)

>Game is bad because you can cheese it in an unintended way, removing the fun for the sake of rankings and achievements
Do you post webms of Distorted Real Impact and Dr. Faust unprovoked in DMC threads, by chance?

Attached: 1551328224181.png (799x597, 569K)

So cute! I hope Kamiya does something soon

I don't think any of the 1 rereleases flattened her (pretty sure I took this screenshot off my WiiU) but she's definitely a flattie in 2. I never actually checked the PC version though.

Fine by me though desu, I think flatties are cute.

Attached: 180 degrees.png (1110x686, 1.23M)

DMC3 was the one i watched him play. I don't know why, probably because even with DMC3 you can't just mindlessly press buttons and just hit the dodge button the moment the enemy flinches. Or maybe he saw combo wank videos and thought it was just a matter of pressing buttons. Maybe he's just not that smart, he died to the bloodgoyles more than once.

I guarantee you he's in charge of their first big self-published title. He's the kind of guy that would be dying to make a game without being jerked around by a corporation after the Scalebound incident.

Bayo 3 either got another first-time director to replace Hashimoto, or they put Saito on it since it's relatively high-profile. The latter would also fit into a theory I had where Babylon's Fall is Saito's game, but with Hashimoto leaving he was needed on Bayo 3, silently delaying Babylon which was originally announced to release in 2019.

>I have to deliberately ignore ways to play the game in a more optimized way

Autism.

Well he was sort of overseeing Taura with Astral Chains

I hate the character design so much in Bayonetta. All the female characters are ugly as fuck and unappealing. How can anyone like these daddy longlegs, ugly as fuck, unlikeable whores at all?

I could barely even get through the game. Not because of the challenge (which was kind of minimal) but because every other moment was a quick time event, a cutscene, or a stupid button mashing cinematic attack that removed all agency from me. It made Bayonetta feel too much like movieshit. I can't acknowledge any gameplay until those problems are removed.

>Having fun playing a video game is more autistic than focusing on the "optimized" method and dismissing anything less
These kinds of action games give you so many weapons so that you can choose how you want to approach combat. Takemikazuchi is probably the worst weapon in 2 but it's my favorite because it feels great to use and has a cool design.

Attached: 1530077245022.png (499x367, 136K)

Because everyone is ugly and unappealing, I like that everyone looks weird.

The only required QTEs are climaxes, and cutscenes are entirely skippable.

If you're playing these games to be optimal and not to look cool you are objectively playing them the wrong way.

I don't know much about Bayo2, but in 1 there are several PRESS X NOT TO DIE moments that are unskippable and if you forget about them you can say goodbye to that Platinum ranking.

Life is too short.

wrong

The game wants you to be optimal with its ranking though. Especially for plat ranking (ie perfect battles).

The sheer shit opinion of this post is so staggering, it's medically fascinating. And I'm a fan of Bayo, DMC and God of War.

She better get a bo staff in 3.

CUTE

Attached: 1529938964355.png (611x599, 389K)

Short hair Bayo > Long hair Bayo
Long hair Jeanne > Short hair Jeanne

What were your favorite weapons in each game?

yokai, whatever. Japanese ghosts/demons.

I played DMCV, it was really fun, although it feels like dante really just barely gives a shit about humanity. Like at first when I beat the game, I started thinking that dante is only really a hero because it gives him a reason to fight other strong demons; that was the feeling I got, anyway.

I did back on the 360 and will never go back. Played 1 and 2 on switch, but won't invest that many hours ever again into a character action game

Bayonetta 2 being clearly worse than 1 definitely help the sentiment. It's true that any discussion is fucked due to retarded platform wars.

The thing you have to understand about Dante in 5 is that one of his character flaws is that he has grown callous and detached from humanity since DMC4.
It's actually a really smart way of contextualizing the "wacky woo hoo Pizzaman" character he especially had going on in DMC4. This is where Nero comes in to bring both him and Vergil down to earth at the end.

Oh right I forgot about those. I dunno I don't really factor them. Not any worse than, say, V.

More like they changed Dante's character AGAIN, to make Nero look cool. What they did to DMC5 Dante wasn't necessary at all.

Dante's character has been different in literally every DMC game, he has the most continuity from DMC3-5 actually.

Ikumu was the monster designer of The Evil Within, not a character designer of Bayonetta. She had minor roles in Platinum before Mikami snatched her to groom her as a director.

Guess that's why her game is so visually interesting, it's always a treat for the eyes when someone with a good eye for compelling art leads a project.

Kulshadra is easily my favourite, I can never stop myself from using it in one.

Shame the whip in 2 felt so stiff by comparison.

But you can though, Trickster is as overpowered than Bayonetta's dodge and you absolutely can just mash buttons starting out. Cerberus is the only thing in the beginning of the game where the game mash checks you.

>The WiiU port of 1 actually made her tits smaller too
Did that carry over to the pc port?

Attached: 1565391558666.jpg (720x714, 41K)

Kamiya confirmed they flattened Jeanne's puppies in the WiiU/Switch release since he always thought they were too big in the original version (despite the fact that they were tiny as hell already). Even had a slide comparison.

All of Bayonetta's "instant death" QTEs are all in the first three chapters of the game. You're clearly just shitposting.

DMC3 Dante was meant to grow up into Kamiya Dante, they also made him to literally be the younger version of Kamiya's Dante. (confirmed by the writer in interviews).

And 4 Dante is nothing like Kamiya's. So no there's not. Go back to DMC threads.

Attached: 1508461530268.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

Only played the first, but Shuraba + Odette is my favorite setup. Most variety of combos. Second to that would be Onyx Roses on both hands and feet. Onyx Roses should've been Bayonetta's defining weapon instead of pistols, desu.

this

Alraune was pretty fuckin strong in 2

This is a man with taste. I'll Sai Fung and Kulshedra into that list as well.

Attached: SkWCtlS.jpg (523x873, 115K)

And yet Teen Dante feels like a natural progression in character for Uncle Dante, not Kamiya's Dante.

Stop being so triggered over dumb shit like this. Kamiya's Dante and DMC1 were referenced but not used as gospel.

Alarune was stronger damage wise but Kulshedra gave you so much combat control in a unique way in comparison.

Call me boring but scarborough fair is my favourite because its charge modifier is just really reliable. Well actually I prefer All 4 One's design but whatever.
The chainsaws in 2 were my favourite there and I liked to combine them with the whip heels.

I don´t remember much about Alraune but did it not function almost the same way as Kulshedra?

How you feel means fuck all when the people behind the fucking game said that he's a younger Kamiya Dante who would grow into Kamiya Dante. And oh wait, Kamiya also helped with the game and was the reason Dante got Agni and Rudra.

Fuck off.

Attached: 1564663595633.jpg (1254x1353, 652K)

Scarabough Fair are also one of my favorites, they just work the best with the main mechanic of the game, Dodge Offset.
It looks so good when doing it with all the bullets flying everywhere.
I also love the design, Love is Blue doesn´t do it for me somehow.

Attached: 1537029390885.jpg (726x709, 124K)

>Why do you refuse to git gud at Bayonetta?
I'm not a big completionist. I got every stage in either Gold, Platinum or Pure Platinum, and decided that was as gud as I felt like gitting.

This desu

fuck QTE

Attached: ninja gaiden 1.jpg (1280x720, 244K)

>Still triggered

It's not what I feel. Dante in 3 is more similar to Dante in 4 who in turn is more similar to 5 than Kamiya's dante because the last 3 games were written by the same writer...who's not Kamiya.

Go outside and take a deep breath. And Kamiya's "help" was literally just telling Itsuno to do whatever the fuck he wanted. Kamiya's words.

SF is great, and it's always satisfying to see those bullets fly, but Onyx Roses are just so sleek and stylish. It doesn't help that OR's damage output compared to SF is nearly incomparable.

I haven't played 2 since it released but Alraune was a lot stiffer in its attacks and animations. It was strogner I think, but Kulshadra was much more fuid and satsifying to use.

I find OR good on joy and g&g but don't bother with it beyond that

Not him but how you "feel" doesn't really hold up to the creators of the game blatantly stating their intent. Kamiya also helped direct the way the writers portrayed Dante, but you're correct in that Kamiya himself said that his advice to Itsuno at large was to just make what he wanted. Big or small Kamiya had some influence on the game

Bo-boom is more satisfying than pewpewpewpewpew sorry user.

My brainlet self can't keep up with all the combos
Also everything kinda feels floaty, it's like you're not hitting the enemies aside from the wicked weaves
I do like the flow of combat though, with dodge offset

are you literally me

For the main moveset, PKP, PPKP and PPKKKK (I think I got that right) are like the only combos that matter at all. The rest aren't really useful or just modifications of the aforementioned.

The combo list looks WAY more intimidating than it really is.

My only big gripe about Bayonetta is Alfheims being counted towards your Chapter grade. I'm okay with missable Verses but making Alfheims mandatory was stupid.

Attached: bayonetta_.png (895x892, 568K)

Intent =/= Execution. Their endgoal from the interviews is clear but Dante in 1 is *completely distinct* from Bingo Morihashi's interpretation of the character. Again, it's not how I "feel", it's how the character is written differently.

But then again, Itsuno keeps saying he wants to do whatever the hell he wants without being chained by details and world building of previous games - which is why they came up with some bullshit excuse to make give Dante and Vergil different actors instead of making keeping the identical twins angle.

I just take it in stride, Itsuno and Bingo just seem to do it for fun.

Why? If you want the perfect score, you need to play the game perfectly.

I think the only bad part of the Alfheims is you can technically get to some of them before you can beat them. Like if you get to the "stay airborne" it's basically impossible without enemy step and INCREDIBLY difficult without Kulshadra, or the one where you need to beat a Beloved in 7 punches/kicks (which I think is only possible using Durga) you just have to skip them and take the lower score.

Also I would understand if you complained about the fact that some of them are basically puzzles based around the combat system rather than actual combat challenges (Like that Beloved one)

Big mood, Onyx Rose is such a buster. I'd use Odette but I hate the movement ability it gets.

Sure, I can see that angle. But ultimately I still feel 3 Dante was made to grow into 1 Dante. In my opinion DMC4 Dante may as well have just been Viewtiful Joe Dante, it's all the same to me. My only issue with DMC5 Dante was he sounded out of breath in damn near every scene he was in. You can't unhear the cartoonish amount of exhaling Dante has in DMC5.

Attached: Viewtiful_Joe_-_Dante_Ending.png (905x520, 722K)

Attached: 14 years old.jpg (1366x768, 114K)

Practice the dodge offset and you'll be making combo videos in no time. Just get used to holding the attack button and slow down in general. You don't have to punch out a PPKKKK in a second, get some chip with holding them.

>PS3
im sorry for your loss of waiting for hte fucking loadingscreen

based and redblooded pilled

>"Devil May Cry's a rockin baby YEEEAAAH!!"

>tattoos
>no beautymark
this triggers me

delete this. Ayane is for smiling, not for suffering

>correcting an objectively wrong statement is shitposting
no wonder this place has gotten so bad

Most of them are just gimmicky, I dislike having to do them if I want Platinum ranks. Kamiya didn't make Secret Missions a requirement to S Rank DMC1, don't know why he put it in Bayonetta since Bayonetta 1 can be seen as a DMC1 spiritual successor of sorts.

Attached: 6a603e46393e4bda092cc5eb51aaca48.jpg (600x912, 96K)

I bought an old xbox for NGB

totally worth it. Paid 60 bucks for a premodded one and played a couple of other old games on it as well. Really nice for games that are difficult to run on a computer with massive compatibility issues

the definitive casual action fan opinion

>which is why she's a fucking flattie
flatfags are sick in the head, destroying such a great design with male characteristics

it's so terrible I love it

Runs the same and if not, faster than wii u/ 360 undocked

I'M GONNA DO IT. I'M GETTING A SWITCH FOR BAYO 2 AND 3. FUCK YOU NINTENDO

so she puts the fucking pinecone hair on every girl.

Attached: bayonetta 4.jpg (1800x750, 255K)

You're good people user.

Attached: VJ3confirmed.jpg (1234x793, 216K)

I don’t. I’ve got platinum on all Hard Mode stages, working on Climax Mode stages now. It’s hard as fuck but fun.

love is blue look like plastic toy guns and lack the sophistication of scarborough fair

Attached: LoveisBlueNew.png (498x461, 278K)

Attached: 1526683382407.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

>Luka
>Black

As somebody who gets off to big fat tits and ass all the time, there's nothing wrong with having a flat character, especially in contrast to a character with sizable tits. Good character design supersedes making one person's peepee hard. That said, flat Jeanne would be better if she had a bigger butt than Bayo.

Attached: 1529349159114.png (500x525, 346K)

Nakamura did the environmental design in Bayonetta. She's right near the top of the credits if you keep and eye out the next time you play.

yeah, such a masculine design

Attached: 7485446.png (570x870, 121K)

That may be difficult.

Attached: 1545948125908.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

He felt a bit tired and snappy at the beginning and Vergil coming back as a demon king really threw him out of joint but I feel he found his stride along the game, especially when he starts meeting rivals and finding Devil Arms.

can't you get it on the 360's online store?

Bayonetta is the only action game that makes fuck all sense to just look at. There's projectiles and particle effects flying everywhere, the moves don't even connect with the enemies most of the time, animations are getting canceled left and right, etc.

imagine that bayo tying him up and doing some CBT and that showing up in the next bayo haha

t. eyelet

I just hope Bayo 3 has some form of Grace and Glory. Pride and Pain were shit and Grace and Glory that appear in 2 were neutered to all hell.

Attached: BIkssuHCAAARl8f.jpg (320x373, 26K)

>14 years old
>sent into the red light district to hide the windmill shuriken
Its kinda sad they made her super sexualized outfit in NG2 which is just a bunch of scraps put together. DOAs butterfly dress and ninja dress and her NG1 outfit were way better. They look both functional and sexy

?

A worthwhile cause.

Or a scene of breast envy

Attached: hopeless cuckhold.jpg (796x809, 119K)

cute boy youre posting

Attached: 1558132053268.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

youtube.com/watch?v=F89-MOy7Xfg

Here's your Bayonetta 3 theme song.

viewtiful joe for smash never ever

Attached: 1557119863984.jpg (906x960, 73K)

i kinda of did. i got all gold medals and some pure plats on my normal playthrough so i could unlock that accessory. i can't get past witch trial 4 but its been awhile so maybe i should give it another go.

>Pride and Pain

I didn't even think of those as G&G analogues at all...

I hope Bayo 3 just has better enemies in general. I really didn't like many of the new Bayo 2 enemies.

nah
youtube.com/watch?v=6lFxGBB4UGU

So long as they keep gracious and Glorious the fuck out of it I'm fine. Their tagline should have been 'ender of runs'

post more

Attached: 1553256061185.png (320x706, 310K)

I fucking hate Bayo's art direction. Everything looks over-elaborate, the screen is filled with stuff so it makes the screen hard to follow. Plus, grey-brown-yellow piss isn't that great of a palette.

Eh, Joe will always have MVC3, that's enough for me.

I really would like the see some re-releases of those games though. VJ is like the ONE capcom franchise that's never been milked to death with ports. It's not like it was a flop either, VJ was the most popular game of the Capcom 5, if you ignore RE4.

I did. Remind me again why it has dumb shit hitting you at the end of cutscenes to ruin your pp ranks? Also why the FUCK is there no restart from checkpoint?

Attached: 1565207332561.jpg (692x478, 84K)

lt kilgore + shuraba in 1 and whip + chainsaws in 2

Alfeihms in general are shit, hiding stuff by forcing you to walk back the level after doing some random action in the mission is cancer, I'm glad that shit left DMC

Also "hurr durr you need to constantly run away from these enemies and attack the air to get to wicked weaves because if you hit them with normal attacks you get staggered!!"
Just make it so normal attacks don't do any damage to them instead, holy shit

Dude just perfect parry

Attached: Gracious_&_Glorious.png (554x558, 548K)

>Also why the FUCK is there no restart from checkpoint?
So you actually have to play the chapter well to get a good score instead of savescumming your way through like you can in MGR

>dude do all the alfeihms in the game over 3 difficulties to unlock bloody palace

Attached: 748546.jpg (960x540, 99K)

Oh no, you still save scum, its just additional steps involved. Again, see my previous point of "Dumb shit"

>Also why the FUCK is there no restart from checkpoint?
You can quit to main menu and reload your save faster than the MGR retry option.

Their fine as little diversions like all "Secret Missions" are, but holding Magic/Health upgrade behind them is justification enough for doing them. They shouldn't be needed for Platinums/Pure Platinums.

Attached: madamabutterfly.jpg (900x1480, 243K)

>this fight on hard and NSIC difficulty
Legitimately one of the rewarding and punishing fights.
The only thing I didn't like about it was the mid fight missle qte.

Jacking off to Bayonetta is the biggest brainlet move ever because she is cool as all hell. Why spend time being aroused by her when she’s cool as fuck?

Damn, this kind of facial expression is an instant turn-on for me.

You only needed all the Alfheims on a single difficulty for Angel Slayer

casual here, how do i beat here without items? i always scummed the fight with moon rose lolipops

On console maybe. Not about to bust out the 360 when better ports for both games exist at this point.

He's talking about wonderful 101

avoid her attacks and hit her with your own attacks

I must be thinking of w101 then

>not wanting to be dom'd by Bayo

I can never do the button mash kick rush clashes

Wonderful 101's secrets and unlock system suck honestly. Especially since most of the secret characters are downgrades and you always use them by default when you make max size morphs (or if you make a small size morph in the case of wonder future, whose REALLY BAD

W101 is basically the only action game where I've used the cheat code to unlock characters. Just use the code to get Immorta, Vorkken, Chewgi and Nelson, fuck all the other secret characters.

mmmh yes that makes sense

Attached: images.jpg (112x112, 3K)

I have a 10 hour save file on hard with about 400k halos because I can't past verse 2 of the prologue
I hate being shit at action games

because her walk cycle is hypnotic

Attached: 746746768.gif (500x250, 2M)

Isn't that just with a handful of Affinities and one Applaud?

you mean the torture attack tutorial?

Attached: 1496737308784.png (170x159, 58K)

strawpoll.me/18468849

TELOC VOVIM

AAAA GRAAA OOORS

TAAAABA OOOORD

AAAAAAAAVAVAAAAAAGO

Attached: 9CC0C7B1-108B-4148-94A5-EDF0B6C2E91B.jpg (1024x976, 120K)

affinities, grace and glory
then more affinities with a big one then the dog
I either get fucked by grace and glory because of the rising claw combo which kills you if you're below 70% health because no airdodge or by verse 2 because the camera angle confuses me

Wonderful 101 has a Bloody Palace equivalent? I don't know if I should be ecstatic that my favorite game is actually better than I thought or if I should feel awful because I never knew it and I don't know if I'm willing to do that shit to get it (at least in one go, I'd probably need to chip away at that over the course of a year to not get sick of it).

Attached: 1532130944841.jpg (1440x1080, 784K)

I don't know if you are forced to do the secret missions all over again to get PP for each mission but I assume that yes, since they are listed at the end of the mission. That, having to backtrack for verses, instant death QTEs and shitty vehicle missions are the reason why I played once on normal and see no reason to try to git gud, unlike DMC.

Yeah it do. You have to beat all the Kahkoo regahs across normal, hard and 101 though so it takes forever to unlock

Also it has a really bad bug where the game freezes after you beat it, which is apparently preventable if your WiiU isn't connected to the internet.

Sorry, posted the wrong straw poll. This is the real one

strawpoll.com/s879944g
strawpoll.com/s879944g
strawpoll.com/s879944g

Bruh just never fuck up ever its not that hard

>grace and glory
>on prologue
What? Don't they only appear on hard? And hard is not available from the start.

I resent escorts and QTEs

Post yfw you saw astral chain was 30 fps

Attached: sleep.jpg (861x765, 101K)

This is literally the opposite of reality. Bayo herself is the only cool character in her setting and the art design is fucking mental.

These games weren't even hard though...

He said he's on Hard Mode.

Attached: 1557947130029.jpg (480x360, 13K)

it didn't say you couldn't like both, it just asked which you prefer. don't be so easily agitated

It's not that bad, has it's pros. It's not my favorite either though. I love the NG1 outfit but i hate the hoodie, thankfully in RE they gave her that outfit with the hoodie down and it's beautiful. What DOA butterfly dress? The default purple one? I always hated that outfit and thought it failed at giving her a default on par with Kasumi, which is iconic and looks good.

Ayane best "normal" outfits are the NG ones and her black ninja suit in DOA5, that one is amazing.

For the first two phases, parry her advances and try to witch time her summons. For part three just stay in her face and use the building gravity to either get away or dodge offset combos.

Oh right, I can't read.

Bayo 2 on Normal is basically the same as the first game on easy.

Is it possible to even get competent with just a keyboard?
Don't have a controller and I got it on steam.

Grace and Glory take a bit of "preemptive" dodging I feel. You've gotta read their flow, also remember if you have Bath Within if you dodge on the frame you're actually hit you go into Witch Time. There's also Moon of Maaha Kaala, and just good old Dodge Offset

that game looks like such a clusterfuck, I have no idea what to make of it

Attached: 1564956244973.jpg (712x720, 79K)

this is 100% true, I had to drag my ass through bayo 1 on normal but could glide through bayo 2's hard no problem. I think it's telling that hard available from the beginning in 2 I think

To add to this, you can also stun them briefly with the shotguns, and bazillions.
If you don't like those weapons, you could always just witch stomp them out of the air and follow up with whatever combos you like.

but why

Is there a code for it like the characters? I'm willing to admit I'd rather just play the mode even though I didn't shy from the Kahkoo Regahs while playing when I found them. I used the code to get everything in DMC3 just so I could get right to Super Corrupt Vergil and do a Nelo Angelo-only run.

Attached: 1565224791684.png (1500x1172, 1.98M)

>Nelo Angelo only runs

based

Attached: 1491156129595.png (1920x1080, 124K)

I love both games but I still haven't grinded out enough halos to fight rodin in either, is it worth it?

Whenever I pick up Bayonetta, I wish I was playing DMC instead.

I deeply enjoy God Hand too, liked NG a lot and even enjoyed MGR, but Bayonetta just feels off.

this one. I think the purple and butterfly motive works well for her. A lot better than the generic black ninja suits they give the ninja girls nowadays.

I like the sash with a butterfly pattern of her NG2 outfit as well. but the outfit itself is kinda stupid

Attached: 1520889738880.png (1080x1920, 2.06M)

Its almost as if playing through the first game made you better at it

Ive played a lot of controllerbased games and I think you can. Only problem would be that you would be stuck with 8 directions of movement

i want to cum in jean's bum

I don't think so no. It does suck though because the unlock skippable unlock requirement for Jeanne is the unlock requirement for the bloody palace.

With WiiU CFW I'd really like to look into save editing for this game. I'd really like try and see if there's a way to open hard mode and the bloody palace on a fresh save or something.

I got it last year for the Switch, cleared it on Normal then grinded to git gud and get all plats in it, then cleared it on hard and started working on doing the same.

Then my dog got sick and I spent ten days taking him in and out of the vet, cleaning up his bloody diarrhea, sleeping with him on the couch wrapped in a towel to make sure he was warm through the night, trying to get him to eat or drink as he started to grow weak, transporting him twice daily between the pet clinic and the veterinary scool at the local college for the last two days to run tests and make sure they could maintain constant watch, and finally had to put him down as I held him in my arms because his organ damage was too severe and it was finally at the point where another overnight stay to try keep him hydrated and run bloods would nearly certainly see him die without me by his side.

Now whenever I think about Bayonetta I remember how he was showing early warning signs of being ill while I was playing it and how it took me three days to decide it wasn't just him moping or having a tummy bug, and how if I'd taken him in straight away he might not have died. And I get upset.

So yeah. I don't think I'm ever going to clear it on infinite climax.

Any tips to get the shotgun nunchakus?
Just replay the game mindlessly until it pops up?

Speedrun the prologue on normal until you get it.

It has to be a level clear on at least normal, the prologue is the shortest level.

Just do the Prologue over and over

Because I'm gitting gud at DMC5 right now. I do want to eventually git gud at all the cuhrayzee games though, from DMC to Bayo to W101 to NG.

Filter this faggot right now he said the same of Transformers Devastation

Attached: ISTHATA.jpg (960x540, 60K)

I get the same thing with animal crossing new leaf.

I was failing my last year of highschool when that came out in june and I bought the game to play when I wasn't studying to try and calm down, only now when I go back to play it it just reminds me of how fucking stressed and miserable I was when I first played it.

Attached: 1404333044790.gif (310x325, 1.94M)

I'm you had to go through that user, losing a pet is never easy. That reminds me of my dog that died a couple of years ago where he was so old one day he just started peeing meaty red chunks of blood. We had to put him down the next day.

Attached: ba886513651af13.gif (268x520, 2.65M)

Prologue on normal. I just started my grind a few minutes ago.

Attached: 20190812133950_1.jpg (1920x1080, 339K)

I played and play DMC3 with a keyboard, and I played 60% of DMC4 with a keyboard. Should be fine.

friendly reminder to do your speedrun achievement BEFORE you do any pure platinum runs.

digital movement would feel very bad for Bayo but it's not impossible. I know KBM controls are popular among some of the DMC4 pros.

>this one. I think the purple and butterfly motive works well for her. A lot better than the generic black ninja suits they give the ninja girls nowadays

oof bad taste senpai. Both her DOA and NG ninja suits are probably her best outfits. How can you not like butterfly wings scarf? Top cute design.

Attached: Nocturnal Butterfly.webm (900x506, 2.91M)

Attached: 5c100e80e19c9.jpg (1280x720, 185K)

Bros, I'm on Chapter 15 and getting slaughtered. I suck donkey tits at this game. What am I doing wrong?

Attached: 1565559698877.jpg (1024x1024, 122K)

>people actually jerk off to this mutant
how

>say I like the butterfly wings scarf but not the rest of her outfit
>hurr you dont like the butterfly wings

Attached: 1517333141941.png (1920x1080, 2.36M)

Attached: 1459689719855.jpg (663x579, 38K)

you're not spamming PKP and heel stomp enough

>say I like the butterfly wings scarf but not the rest of her outfit

where?

Attached: Ayane.jpg (1000x562, 51K)

Some basic pointers you might not be aware of
>holding kick/punch fires your guns and can be done throughout a combo to massively increase the damage over rapidly tapping through them
>yusing torture attacks guarentees you get the weapon drop for enemies who have one, try to use them to get the most useful ones
>if you need more halos vary up your combos more as the multiplier on your points for them degrades if you don't and this severely limits your income
>witch time being the core mechanic is a fucking lie, dodge offset is by far the most important tool you have. practice dodging mid-combo while holding your input then continuing it after - you'll do far more finishers and it'll massively help your damage.

Beyond that just pay attention to enemies to learn their tells, they all signal their attacks.

>I like the sash with a butterfly pattern of her NG2 outfit as well
Which looks the same as the DOA ninja suit scarf, only then around the waist

Attached: NG2 ayane.jpg (1280x1689, 159K)

>"You DID beat the game with me, right user?"

Attached: Zero1.png (977x657, 652K)

But I am. I played it first on ps3 and I have to say it is good enough for a normal playtrought but once you get to higher difficulties it gets unplayable.
Then I got the WiiU combo and finished both games in every mode but it was until I beat 2 and came back to 1 that I learned to play the freaking game correctly. I didn't know you HAVE to backtrack to find hidden verses or niphelheim circles so I got terrible trophies. But yeah, at the end I finished everything with platinum medal (not pure platinum if you want to know). I just had to beat Rodin and the "bloody palace" mode but then my brother hacked the console and my progress went to shit. All those crows, medals, heart pieces, etc. For nothing

I'm usually pretty good at reading their tells and dodging, but I sometimes don't react well. Thank you for the tips though, I've been rapidly tapping this whole time. I tried to go in blindly, but it's not paying off well.

That reminds me. What are the crows for? I've been collecting them but have no idea what they serve

and what does that have to do with the webm i posted and the outfit i am talking about? And pic related is the DOA ninja outfit i was referring to, again nothing to do with any of what you said.

Attached: 1526676648064.jpg (2160x1920, 1.47M)

>witch time being the core mechanic is a fucking lie, dodge offset is by far the most important tool you have. practice dodging mid-combo while holding your input then continuing it after - you'll do far more finishers and it'll massively help your damage.
This, along with
>holding kick/punch fires your guns and can be done throughout a combo to massively increase the damage over rapidly tapping through them
Are the most crucial points. I'm not sure whether it's the game's fault for not better conveying these to the player, or players for not experimenting enough, but being able to PPP, dodge offset, and then finish with K, weave is VITAL instead of PPP dodge, restart with PPP.

They give you tears of blood. There's 50 from crows and 51 from achievements. If you get all 101 of then you unlock an item that gives you permanent climax mode, which makes every attack a wicked weave that homes in on enemies (like what you get against bosses)

>action game with keyboard

Why do PCfags insist on this?

Sounds like the infinite rocket launcher from old RE games in terms of being broken as fuck, but in a fun fucking around way. Is that balanced against the highest difficulty? Or is it truly just a silly gimmick?

gimmick - I believe it disables rankings too

At least your last days with your pet were caring for it. My last days were trying to force feed him the very thing that was killing him.

what, bad drug or something?

>drawing attention to her fucked up proportions

Allergic reaction to a medicine?

Yes, vet malpractice, all of it even the thing that necessitated the drug in the first place. Fuck this thread for reminding me about it.

Attached: sad miji.jpg (1024x576, 88K)

>tfw I thought you had to crash Jubileus in every planet before the sun to get a MAXIMUM PAIN bonus
well fuck you too game

Kek I thought that too.

Certainly makes sense why you wouldn't but it's a lot less fun.

You cunts killed my martian cousins

One more thing, please tell me there are no QTEs in the sequel? As few and far between as they've been, I don't like them.

There's none.

Unfortunately they fucked up the combat balance though and Hard difficulty or higher is way less fun as a result.

hehehehe

Attached: B&B.png (525x809, 664K)

how?

The game is entirely balanced around witch time, whereas in Bayo 1 it's more of a cool thing/training wheels.

I enjoy witch time, so i'll probably like it just fine. I've really enjoyed the story in 1, little Cereza is cute! CUTE!

you into vore ?

No, why?

youtu.be/S-HgVavruMU

Little Cereza is the only child character of Platinum's I didn't hate immensely.

Attached: mamamia.webm (1280x720, 1.77M)

Attached: 1540295015625.png (629x1845, 365K)

There's not much to the gameplay

found the shipfaggot.

B A S E D

I really disliked Bayo 2's Inferno enemies, god damn man. On top of their mediocre and downright annoying designs enemies parried you more often and being enraged took away audio cues.

Attached: bayonetta2valiantiumblade.jpg (1280x720, 634K)

Attached: b03.jpg (1920x1080, 225K)

>camera quick-flashes Bayo's chest instead of her face

I forgot how fucking based this game is.

>all this optimal strategy and score autism

Wish i had played the game to know just how disgusted i should be at this post.

When you get to know a combat system inside and out and it gets changed for the worse I think it's pretty justified to be upset.

Attached: 510bb4130872d422ad134692e744f149.jpg (498x600, 91K)

Attached: Posing_like_Trish_Bayonetta.jpg (313x284, 20K)

Depends if it's actually worse or it's just different and it's autism talking.

It's objectively worse. The fact that the Magic meter in Bayonetta 2 is essentially the Umbran Climax meter and not anything else tells you how badly it was implemented. Bayonetta didn't didn't need a "Devil Trigger" mechanic but Hashimoto added it anyway. Bayonetta 2 is better for shallow playthroughs but if you get into the meat and potatoes of action games Bayonetta 1 is the clear winner.

Attached: 116851684khgjyfrtcd5.jpg (500x578, 84K)

Underrated OST desu. Riders of the Light is my shit.

Attached: BayoOriginalOST.jpg (800x693, 115K)

Attached: 2019-08-12 15-54-40.webm (960x540, 1.34M)

That shit got so many people I swear

that's not her walk cycle that's the animation when she leaves the store

It's a dumb system

I goddamn love action games
Bayonetta, DMC, Wonderful 101, Ninja Giaden, God Hand, Metal Gear Rising, Transformers Devastation, Astral Chain I love them all

Best move in the game.

Attached: 2019-08-12 15-54-40_2.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

no stop you can only like one of those and hate all the others

Yeah. Every time I replay DMC3 now I keep Dante on File 1 and Vergil on File 10.

Attached: 1545211528093.jpg (973x1200, 84K)

Genuine question
Why is this sort of mentality so widespread in action game fans? It's almost as if they think that different games aren't allowed to do different things and can't do different things well in different ways. I love action games, but a lot of the fans are real shit. There's always some bait thread about action games on this board which usually just turns into shitflinging.

Getting good at Bayonetta hurts my hands.
Not worth it.

After finishing the first game back on ps3 when it first released I went back through the levels to find alfheims I missed and found one that required you to do:
-15 torture attacks
-Finish 5 waves of enemies (one with grace and glory)
-Under a strict as fuck time limit
-Can only get hit twice, third hit you fail.

I got stuck on it for two fucking weeks straight before I gave up and sold the game out of pure spite.
Bayonetta 2 is infinitely superior in pretty much every way. Bought it for Wii U and had a blast but I'm still pretty bad at it.

Attached: permanent state of despair.jpg (840x700, 368K)

It's just this site, people here will adopt a tribe mentality about anything. I even shittalk MGR sometimes even though I like it, just because I don't like some other people who also like it.

I really liked nero getting in the way of dante and vergil's bullcrap; in fact, the only thing about that scene that bugs me is that I wish he called them out more.

As for dante's detachment from humanity, that's been the case in like every game.
In 3 he has to be yelled at by lady to learn how to care about humans in any capacity
In 1 the conflict feels more personal between dante and mundus, and saving the world just seems like a side effect.
2 doesn't real lol
in 4 he's being all 'wacky woohoo pizza' and not helping as people are dying to the demons, and generally doesn't seem concerned about humans.

It's just natural human tendency. You see it everywhere. Just look at fighting games.

Attached: 38d612c19f265f523c4742f21eeb0a37.jpg (1200x917, 131K)

Why are we not aloud to dislike games if they are part of a genre now?

>Bayonetta 2
>infinitely superior to Bayonetta 1 in every way
Ahem
>Umbran Climax is just the developers going "let's implement a cool devil trigger mechanic except make it like not cool and shit instead"
>Witch Time balancing and everything designed around using Witch Time to defeat enemies
>Lumen Sage fights are complete and utter garbage compared to Jeanne fights in Bayonetta 1
>enraged enemies lose cues
>several other aspects too long to list

Attached: 1563231024571.jpg (540x537, 58K)

Same. By far and away my favorite genre probably. I haven't pllayed God Hand yet though.

I was so happy when I unlocked that shit in Bayo 2 since most of the new weapons in that game were utter shit.

I have always noticed that the people who tout Bayo 2's superiority were not good at Bayo 1 hmmmmm

I don't think it's nearly as prevalent in fighting games. The majority still plays multiple games and I think in general there's a lot of positive energy in trying to bring in new people and getting people to try out different things in order to expand the community.
>reading comprehension
Also
>underage

>And 4 Dante is nothing like Kamiya's. So no there's not. Go back to DMC threads.
Here we fucking go again.

Kamiya's Dante was facing a very serious threat and had personal stakes involved. His whole family suffered because of Mundus.
At the beginning of the game, and even throughout, he makes quips but seriouses the fuck up when necessary.

In 3, 4 and 5 Dante is simply more expressive but still has moments of seriousness in all those games where he resembles DMC1 Dante to a fucking T. In DMC4 at the very beginning he doesn't say a goddamn word. He kills the demon pope in cold blood and looks to handle the remaining demon followers alone. Nero steps in. As time goes on through the fight, Dante visibly lightens up because he's reminded of Vergil. This brings light back to him, he feels nostalgic. As the game goes on, he becomes more chipper and upbeat and leaves on a light note.

In DMC5 he's back to serious. He sees Urizen as a real threat again, and once more quips about as much as DMC1 Dante.

The only thing that's changed his his mocap actor and voice, and the fact he's more expressive. His character, mannerisms and actions are all still very Dante. And I respect Itsuno for that. Please look at this objectively instead of trying to find justification for liking DMC1 better. You do not need to shit on the rest of the games to do so. Be mature about this.

Sorry for going on a rant about DMC in a Bayonetta thread.

Attached: 7828ec34488d57e8e91f47f04e435c2a.jpg (640x853, 69K)

A man after my own heart.

Attached: 2019-08-12 15-54-40.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

First of all i am old enough to be your father, second of all it's a thousand times more prevalent in fighting games. Are you even fucking serious?

I disagree with you. The fighting game community is far bigger than fans of action games. There are far more groups of people and it's constantly changing.
I'm just saying in general the fighting game community is more positive in trying to bring in new people compared to fans of action games who will usually tell you to only stick with one thing and talk shit on everything else.

Same reason console wars exist and why fighting game fans shit on each other constantly during EVO season. People love taking sides; idorts and wide genre appreciation are seen as boring whether that thought is conscious or not. It's a problem that extends far beyond video games but Yea Forums has one of the strongest concentrations of it on the internet.

If it's baseless shitflinging, no. It's totally fine to believe some games are better than others or even that certain games in a category are bad, simply justify them without coming off as a cunt. Some people cannot do that. You don't have to like DMC, Platinum, NG, and more all at once, but there's nothing wrong with that. Same thing with people who enjoy aspects of every Street Fighter or who enjoy SF, Tekken, AND anime fighters, or people who own multiple consoles while playing games on PC. If you're only into one, that's fine, but some people feel the need to justify it by assuming they're not missing out on anything good.

Attached: Bayonetta.jpg (318x462, 89K)

>TW101 has legitimately worse sections of this nature

Not particularly, at least in my opinion. The only bad one is the underwater isometric shooter, and that's bad because it's too easy and long, so it becomes boring. The other vehicle sections are all short and well designed and are actually pretty fun, though I will say the 3 space harrier segments should not have been back to back like they were.

And the twin stick ship segment on the final boss isn't actually a problem because you can actually just part one of them in a safe spot and ignore it while you use one ship to continue clearing debris. Not saying every will figure that out on the first go, but I definitely figured that out on my pure plat attempts.

Attached: Dont believe his lies.jpg (1280x720, 297K)

You may disagree all you want, you are factually wrong. If you think that you must be part of the community of the popular, business sanction games.

Okay!

Astral Chain isn't out yet.

It's true that DMC1 Dante has his lighter moments, and the stakes in 1 and 4 are very different, but the fact that DMC3 Dante and DMC4 Dante behave so similarly despite the age disparity, considering that 3Dante had a believable reason to be that way (youth) and we've seen another older Dante who is a bit more serious (DMC5), makes it hard for me to consider Dante in DMC4 a believable portrayal of the character. Maturity isn't something you flip on and off depending on if the situation calls for it, at least not completely.

4 seems like an alternate developmental path he could have taken after 3 instead of 1, rather than them all being part of the same character.

Nice!

Discussion of personality aside, am I the only one who felt Langdon's performance as Dante in 4 was fucking jarring as hell? Dante's clearly in his thirties, but he goes in and out of an 18 year old voice during certain taunts and lines of dialogue. It bothers the shit out of me.

I've been in many threads where i real criticisms get labeled as shitflinging and actual shitflinging is taken as real criticism. In fact I'd say that is probably the norm.

It is absolutely about the stakes in 4's case. It's not a huge deal. Demon outbreaks happen all the time, and now he's just dealing with a massive fanboy.
Dante could end the whole thing quickly but put his faith in Nero. It was a much more difficult time for Nero than for Dante and it showed.
>Maturity isn't something you flip on and off depending on if the situation calls for it, at least not completely.
It is. That's how human interaction works. You act different in certain scenarios and around different people. Dante is far more human than typical game characters.

Are you a grill who plays cuhrayzee like yoshesque or AccountingNightmare?

Attached: 1551895667024.png (516x767, 344K)

I like bayonetta more then DMC. It has an upbeat almost joyful energy, where as dmc is just edgy shit

You get witch time by dodging an infernal summon or wicked weave. Notice when she's doing a combo like PKP, don't interrupt it, and dodge the weave.

No.
The joyousness combined with the meaty impact of combat puts it above DMC4 and 5 for me. It's about the same level as DMC3.

Attached: 2019-08-12 15-54-40_1.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

>he keeps deleting it

Attached: yourpost.jpg (480x453, 48K)

take your shit elsewhere

What is wrong with you people?

Attached: 132951.jpg (473x700, 126K)

>Combat is basic
>Weapons have the same moveset
>Random super armor
>Dodge seems inconsistent
>Grace and Glory have an undodgeable move and can only be blocked with Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa
>Hard mode enemies placement require cheap hit and run tactics
>QTE
>Enemy attack animations and their hit box don't match up
>Game balanced around wicked weave.

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG MAMAAAAAAAAA

if that isn't fake he deserves the electric chair

FLYYYYY ME TO THE MOON

Sums up why I like bayonetta 2 more. It also has it's fair share of problems but not ones I have an issue dealing with. Bayonetta 1 is just anti-fun at certain points.

Do you like indies too, user?

Attached: Aztez header.jpg (460x215, 48K)

Get on my level.
youtu.be/tXTOJHIyESE?t=48

Fairy Bloom Freesia is pretty good.

That Rice Loli game is being made by the same guys, I hope it's combat as as good as FBF

Is there any chance it will come to console?

If you're willing to scrounge around, the WAD Demonsteele for Doom is one of the best action games that isn't a real game.
youtube.com/watch?v=RElfXigIe4c
Trailer doesn't do it enough justice, low framerate and all, but the gameplay is stellar. It's a mix of MGR and DMC with its focus on speed, evasion, and both of these being rewarded with a pseudo style meter. The higher this meter gets, the more access you have to a one hit kill slash that sends you forward and instantly kills the enemies you pass through. Throw in firearms for variety, and it really is one of the best action games ever that's only a WAD.

It's on PS4/XBone/WiiU. Devs said they wanted to release on Switch but the game flopped and they've been quiet for a while so it might not be happening.

Oh, I never knew that the rice girl game was the FBF people. That's cool.

Attached: Aztez warrior of Huemac.png (1278x719, 651K)

This was a super cute series

because when i learned all you had to do was hold down your attacks to absolutely genocide your enemies it got kinda stale

>most unique weapon in the game is a secret weapon that literally no one will ever find or use

what were they THINKING

Attached: SaiFung.png (1024x1024, 206K)

They should have made it like 50 chapters.

Because the first one has too much filler in between the combat sections and the second one has DmC tier combat.

Just looked up this weapon.
By the time anyone reaches 100 chapters done they will have put the game down for good, jesus.

I can deal with a couple of WoC tier loading screens. Sadly, the framerate isn't also the best, for a game which clearly needs a locked 60.

>mfw grinding the prologue

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif (240x240, 1.63M)

i tried but could not even beat the tutorial, got stuck at the plane part with the timer. and automatic mode was not fun, the game just plays by itself, so i just drop it

Based.

Is this the PS3 version of the game or just windows with PS inputs? If it's the PS3 version it's not that bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=n7CMMDQBjGQ

think its the ps3 version, bayonetta launched on steam in 2017 and that video is from 2014

uhm I'll look at a few more videos and consider it

you could just pirate the pc version

The ps3 version of the game wasn't bad at all. I didn't notice many fps drops at all.

if i had a PC to play it on

The ps3 version was pretty shit on launch and was a port done entirely by a c team at sega. It needed about 4 patches before it was even remotely playable compared to the original native 360 version. Wii u and switch are probably the most definitive ports not counting pc.

The game used to pause to load anytime you opened a menu on ps3 till they patched in HD installs

First civil Bayo thread I've seen in years

Attached: 1419058336584.jpg (500x492, 253K)

Thanks for reminding me I have Bayo installed

Attached: D6jHjFkW0AMdc9K.png (740x466, 495K)

Did they fug?

I'm honestly kinda ashamed of myself that I've owned this game since near release and still haven't used this weapon yet. I still haven't beaten NSIC for that matter actually, although I did get really close (got up to Chapter 13 iirc).

Holy shit, I'm so fucking bad at this game it hurts. I can't even practice in the loading screens because I'm playing it on PC, so I just mash buttons and the 3-4 combos I actually lucked into finding.

Help me Yea Forums, I am suffering

Attached: tenor.gif (264x320, 1.79M)

how do you be bad? just make up your own combos and dodge right before the attack for witch time

Is that the peak of it? Because I'm literally just spamming punch/kick in random alternations and then dodging when I'm about to get hit. There's no deeper combo sequences or anything worth learning?

You just know

Some guy said that dodge offset is super important apparently.
I only tried a bit but it's super fucking awkward just holding a button you were only going to tap and dodging as well, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Why don't you stop and learn what you're doing instead of pressing things?

That would be why I have stopped playing and come to learn in a discussion thread what I should be doing instead of just pressing things.

I'll give it a go!

Dodge offset is super important, if you can't practice in the loading screens find an empty area and practice there. Also extending your attacks by holding the buttons does a decent amount of damage, and can also help you with learning how to use dodge offset.

anyone?

Not really no. You just get an item that is all the Angel weapons rolled into one.

Bayonetta is mostly a button masher

God, no. He's a terrible fight.