APOLOGIZE

APOLOGIZE

Attached: no-mans-sky-beyond-625x352.png (625x352, 300K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Mz5YPkThOU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're demanding an apology for their apology?

>No kaiju creatures
>Hub based world
>No dynamic faction system
>Environments are static
Imagine defending a scam.

Attached: 1532623161050.jpg (1024x576, 45K)

it's better than scam citizen, thats all i can really say

>the gameplay loop is still boring
They fixed jack shit. Who gives a shit about online multiplayer when they didn't fix the core of the game?

Now you can play with your friends!
>Go collect resources endlessly so you can "upgrade" items while almost having a stroke through our terrible inventory system.
>Go look at planets and animals, with fuck all else to do, BUT HEY AT LEAST THEY'RE PROCEDURAL, EVERYTHING IS.

Fuck this game, I wish I never spent 2 hours on it.

Attached: 20180705003313_1.jpg (1920x1080, 178K)

EVERY ATOM, PROCEDURAL

>I wish I never spent 2 hours on it.
2 hours, try 200 hours

What?
No thanks

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

One friend sold me his PS4 disc version for $4 two days ago, should I play it now? Wait for 2.0 to start? Sell it to GameStop?

You know your upcoming game is so shit you have to force in a pool minigame. That game with starfox as cameo looks more interesting, too bad it was on console.

Hello niggers corporation posting again

Attached: 5cl7xmjb2o131.png (720x561, 507K)

Will this have the same issue as the first game where if you upgrade one item to the next tier everything will have that tier instead?

>Epic store.
Yikes.

Oh shit I'm sorry

If I were to look up the word "Masochism" on google images I'd see your face.

So is there actually more to do in this game than just mine shit now?

Attached: 1562883783307.jpg (1200x1200, 457K)

sorry for what?

It might be fun if you have a VR headset, but other than that 'Beyond' sounds like a big nothingburger. Where is the content or improved systems? Better basebuilding, ok, but what about the rest of the game which is still pretty underwhelming.

Attached: 1507366796894.jpg (535x720, 247K)

I dunno, I might be done with this one.
I got my first freighter, and it seems like the main quest is to just explore and find stuff now. But every time I land somewhere I basically just pick up some resources, scan some animals, get annoyed by some sentinels, and then I leave. Not sure what else I should be doing.
Base building is okay but a lot of it is locked behind fetch quests that are kind of annoying.

You can milk animals.

Glad they made it a lot less shit. Still mediocre though

The basic loop is still the same scan>mine>repeat.
But the base creation system is getting an upgrade where you can use logic to automate some shit.
And you can make a farm now too.

You can kiss my sweet and sour ass OP
That disaster of a launch will never be forgotten no matter how good the game is now/will be in the future.
Remember to post this exact same thread in 2024 when Fallout 76 becomes half-decent after years of fixes and updates, if it even gets that kind of support at all.

>piece of shit scam game is now a slightly less stinky turd
>BASED DEVS
>BOUGHT IT TWICE
>WTF I LOVE THIS GAME NOW
kindly kill yourselves

And supposedly more random NPC giving you quests at the Nexus (32 players online huh)
But I bet my ass that those quest are "go to planet #12658 and scan a red rock, thanks amigo"

I bit the bullet after hearing it was "fixed" for $30 on sale and my disappointment was palpable. If this is the "fixed" state of the game, the original must have been a blank slank of stupid aliens and terrible mechanics.

Nah, that game and anthem are fucked, AAA publishers don't waste money on anything other that new Ferraris for the top executives.

Throw it in the fucking garbage and abandon thread before you get stuck here

Not even worth it if someone paid you $4 to play it

Wishlist for the future:
>seasons
>fighting animals, hunting and butchering
>neolithic planets with caveman sapients
>optional pvp

Please say you make 6 figures a year and can wash your ass with hundred dollar bills if you wanted.
Why the fuck didn't u pirate it first.

Only thing I care about is whether or not Shammy will make another review for it

>$30
Jesus dude, should've gone to a game store and bought it used. I got mine last year for like $12

>Game is a bore
>Adds features
>Features are boring
>Adds a way to automate those features

Attached: 64428472_606622149746827_4214295453560209408_n.jpg (600x584, 22K)

>still no selling ships
I'll apologize when that's added.
Which is looking to be never at this point

>Shammy NMS review never ever
>Mandy's ED review never ever
Why

>Buy game used
>On PC
I know I hate myself too

What's the point in PVP in a game without combat mechanics?

they just need to add gigantic creatures instead of the retarded dinosaurs and it'll be goat

Fuck off with these retarded template threads.
If you don't have anything interesting to say stay quiet.

>Want to try other ships
>Can't because you still have your ship from vanilla with 48 cargo and perfect stats, so no point switching.

They need to lower the prices of ships. All of the good ones cost an INSANE amount of money that you'll never have unless you dedicate your whole life to the game.

>There are people that actually bought this game after all 3 years of updates and patches
>mfw it's still shit
Post yfw you didn't buy No Man's Lie
youtube.com/watch?v=3Mz5YPkThOU

Attached: 1562047238150.jpg (480x480, 15K)

I think it's okay. I think the devs are asshats but it's palpable to me now so I bought it used. Spent a few hours on it, I enjoy wandering procedurally generated environments but there isn't a ton to do in them. Alien civilizations you can do sandboxy junk in would be a huge boon.

Is the patch out already?

Attached: 1540489258230.jpg (600x437, 76K)

If the other features were added, there would be combat.

Alright Yea Forums, you have to add ONE core gameplay element to this game.

What are you adding?

No, because it was supposed to be like this on the day of the fucking release. Not 3 years later.

I have been playing (not paying for of course) anthem. It's alright...

A few of the flaws I can honestly see with it

>Flight time is tied to power armor type, while yes there's ways to squeeze out a few more seconds if you're looking it's a pretty bad time if you're like me and favor the fat fuck robot
>Gear, looking at games like Destiny and The Division Anthem doesn't really hand out exotics at all during the leveling process, Right now I only picked up a melee "exotic" and being honest it doesn't really feel that exotic.

There's more but I think you get my point. Bioware has about 4 big strikes to their name and one of which they "fixed" (so says the people who still play swtor), I don't think they're ready for the EA graveyard just yet

A decent flight model, so I could at least enjoy flying over planets, and dogfighting.

Fun

A way to weaponize planets
Turn it into a massive fortress world that is automated and hostile to everything except you

Fleet battles would be great

the ability to turn an asteroid into a ship.

Should I get this or Star Sector?

Star Sector for sure

it's on pc now, sans fox cause nintendo obviously

Sorry for what?

Attached: oh shit will you show me.jpg (300x356, 18K)

There is something wrong with you if you can't decide this for yourself

ITT: Yea Forums parrots opinions of e-celebs without ever trying the game

Attached: 74fb79630fb5467c8f242c72d26ef5166d5be0cf51701362bccc770c6ca9e0e8.jpg (1200x1200, 174K)

Where's the worm Robert- I mean Murray.

>no one could ever dislike that game which had a dev lying about it on TV they must be parrots

Attached: 1532021938149.jpg (1280x1280, 142K)

>game was a scam at launch
>first big update comes out
>shills say the game is fixed now
>turns out it's still trash
>second big update comes out
>shills say it's fixed for real this time
>turns out it's still trash but runs slightly better
>game gets newest update
>still looks like the same shit from before
>BUT a shill tells me it's fixed for really real now and I'm just parroting ecelebs and never tried the game
yeah you convinced I will buy two copies now to support hello games

what's on the update?

Attached: 1533479857457.png (496x442, 177K)

Warning to you all who haven't played it that this poor excuse of a video game is still a shallow, highly repetitive and an absolutely joyless, unrewarding piece of shit.

Did they finally fix the harvesting machines? Last year they still kept giving me the same material, no matter the source

Also, did they fix the agonizing amount of material grind

>joyless

Attached: no mans sky.png (241x112, 42K)

Can me and my friends play this as pirate and go raid other players bases and ships?

I agree, but still better than the other space games

>Promise open world space exploration sim
>Turn it into space minecraft

Has Sean Murray ever been seen in public since release? Do you think he still has that forced looking, permanent smile on his face where he shows his teeth as if he's in pain, but uses it as a smile?

"no"

who would have thought?

You could jump into other players games, kill them repeatedly but HG stepped in, and made it an option to turn off, seriously it was the peak of the game, jumping in and killing people until they Alt-f4.

the grind for materials is the game

>make game decent after everyone has determined it's shit
>no one buys it
>better shill on Yea Forums!
every time

epic post

Unfortunate. Ah well, back to subnautica

He gave an interview where he said how he was "threatened with death" or something, trying to manipulate people into perceiving gaming addicted trolls as bad people while mythomaniacs like him are actually victims.

>threatened with death
That's happened to everyone at least once on the internet though.

>People still mad at No Man's Sky
>Todd is still allowed to continue working after Fallout 76

Man hypes once, shame on him
Man hypes 9 times, shame on us

Subnautica is the same. After starting to build the rocket platform I got burned out.

The game is still shit, and this is all a PR stunt for their next scam.

They turned it into Minecraft. Did anyone who was interested in this game at the outset actually want Minecraft in space? That was never how it was advertised and that wasn't what anyone was hyped about. Literally nobody asked for this.

Blah blah, sounds like you're mad Sean improved his product or more accurately you know you can't really harm a big corporation vs. a small indie company. At least you're smart enough to pick your battles no matter how futile or small they are.

What features are they still missing that was promised?

>small indie company
>get ads by Sony
>goes on big TV shows to advertise their trash
>small indie company
Sure.

A NEW HAND TOUCHES THE RAW NERVE.

I've had it for a while but never played it. Should I finally play it after this update? I've hated Sean for being a con-man and releasing an unfinished game, but even years later, fixing it for free is still a bit of redemption.

Some people just like exploring faggot. Borderlands 3 is coming out just for people like you so you can go fuck off to that.

>Sony
There you go. You just pointed out the real problem: Sony pushing the game before it was truly ready. Why not go after them? You can't, you know you'll lose so you go after the weaker target. Pussy.

I don't think it's even about features, but the game not even being the same genre as advertised.
It was sold as some sort of a colorful Elite-lite with a focus on space fleet battles and exploration with friends and other players you could mess with, and we got a solo survival game with shit mechanics.
Now they tacked on base building and underwater exploration (that's neat actually), and soon 32 players in a HUB, but it's nothing like they promised.

don't play it, it's not fixed
don't fall for his lies again

>You just pointed out the real problem
I'm sure the real issue isn't the head of Hello Games lying about features :^)

Are all the planets fucking empty with almost no signs of civilization aside from the ocassional spaceport or trading station?

For what?

It only got somewhat decent after over a year of work on it.

People paid money based on a companies lies that only came good a ridiculously long time after release.

They don't deserve praise for what the game should've been at launch.

If I buy an ice cream & only get given the cone, waiting over a year for the ice cream. I don't praise them for giving me the ice cream.

>food analogy
I agree with your point, but please, stop doing this.

Actual combat. Ground "combat" is a joke and you rarely ever get into dogfights.

>spending the past few and next several years turning the game into something playable is just a PR stunt
Whoa, you're really onto something here.
I don't care what everyone always says about you, I don't think you're a complete mouthbreathing, knuckle-dragging retard.

B A S E D

I got this game and dmc5 at the same time some weeks ago, I like this more, linear games bore the shit out of me now, give a shovel and a sandbox and I'll stay 40 hours, maybe my taste is changing or it is just a phase .
But one thing I agree is this game shouldn't have cost more than $20.

Fallout 76 is a good game though. Let me guess, you've never played it?

>the past few
It's just been 2 years.
>next several years
Pretty sure Sean said this update was the last big one.
They didn't even want to update it anymore after NEXT, so I'm not so sure about future updates.

Still, that doesn't mean they should be praised for adding things to their game after lying about it before launch to get everyone hyped up.

This. The game is Space Minecraft, if Minecraft was a giant pain in the ass to play with terrible inventory system.

>with terrible inventory system
Do you still need a mod to remove the hold to interact bs or is that an option now?

TFW half of the marketing campaign for the first years of PS4 was around Destiny and this game, both games turned out to be garbage, now imagine what would have been if they gave the money to buy better "exclusives" from better studios that are now closed.

Attached: miguel-vasquez-892.jpg (400x400, 43K)

Attached: F6BB848B-2922-4023-8F66-E1985C27C981.jpg (640x619, 96K)

Sure, when they release a finished product.

Bought it at launch cause
>there's no way he is lying about EVERYTHING
>he lied about everything other than it being a game and 60buckaroos
>come back to it for a few days after every update just to see if its finally good
>every time I hit a wall due to some glitch that makes it almost unplayable
Hopefully this time I wont be disappointed

I'm still amazed at how much hype there was for NMS pre-launch.

the vr flight controls look pretty fun

I'd rather play with a HOTAS than larp about having one in my hands with VR controllers.

>I NEED INSTANT GRATIFICATION AND NEED TO KNOW WHO THE BAD GUYS ARE

zoomers need to be genocided

>you know you'll lose so you go after the weaker target
an ant fighting a dog is being a pussy because they could be fighting the human?

The game is just shit, I enjoy Elite and agree with his point about NMS, what now?

>install game
>get to ship
>you need launch fuel if you want to fly your ship anywhere
>launch fuel takes one of your 12 or so precious inventory slots
>you can't gather a bunch of it at once because it only stacks a few times

Who thought this was a good idea? It's like the game doesn't want me to play it. I could tolerate that if there were other fun things to do, but the flight mechanics are garbage, the combat is garbage, and there is nothing to do except wander around on empty proc gen planets (only one biome per planet) doing busy work while you're constantly out of inventory space.

How is that supposed to be fun?

>apologize for 30fps, constant crashes, crappy flight mechanics
Shame I can't refund it

Those who don't like this game are obviously not chill enough to play it.

Only the most relaxulous may apply.

Attached: relaxboy.png (506x424, 348K)

>Find a paradise planet
>Take screenshots

Attached: 1564783296761.jpg (800x495, 70K)

>g-guys they totally fixed it!
No thanks Sean

Attached: 1446187158447.gif (388x282, 851K)

Deep space exploration is more comfy and relaxing in ED than exploration in NMS.

The core gameplay loop is still garbage tho, VR or not

Oh, they finally put in sandworms and a halfway complex looking AI for wildlife?

>stronk womyn protag now
fucking dropped

WHERE THE FUCK CAN I READ THE PATCH NOTES

nigga Fuck you

Attached: relaxboysequel.png (382x314, 172K)

>can't even argue about it
What a shame

Attached: chieftain_asteroids.png (1920x1080, 1.54M)

Holy shit, imagine getting turned off by fucking launch fuel. One stack is plenty. You're not supposed to constantly takeoff and land on the same planetary surface. If you got past the first few hours, you'd learn that you can increase your inventory from 12 to 48 slots, plus even more cargo slots that can stack minerals up to a thousand, PLUS the inventory space of your starship. On top of that, you can set up exocraft stations, and use those vehicles to explore the surfaces of planets. Those only require carbon which is easily attainable (in zoomer terms, the equivalent of punching trees). I swear, you fucks can't bother to work for anything in a video game without whining about it. Space battles aren't bad, but I'll agree that combat does suck. There are missions to partake in, as well as a new story line to follow with pretty interesting lore. There are games that may handle each aspect of NMS better, but it's the sum of it's parts that make a really decent whole.
I think NMS is more comfy overall just because of base building, and actual exploration on planets that have caverns and oceans to explore. ED is much better for exploring solar systems and documenting celestial bodies. It's also fun to slingshot off of them and fuel scoop.

Attached: 38292833_10217297649292803_5275801821972004864_o.jpg (1920x1080, 254K)

Just turn it into babbies first EVE.
>Bunch of core worlds for general communications and dealings
>surround them by dozen of sectors, each sector few hundred star systems, certain systems contain important resource worlds that player clans can fight over, but have to discover first
>once a sector gets "depleted" it goes dark(Still can explore but resource yield heavily reduced) and another one is generated and opened up for exploration and conquest
>Occasionally rejuvenate old sectors by generating in a few hundred new systems and removing trash ones while keeping relevant ones, either where players have bases or where big battles took place etc

>I think NMS is more comfy overall
I like the colors of NMS, I was merely bugging the guy.
>because of base building
Late 2020! :^)
>actual exploration on planets that have caverns and oceans to explore
I agree, driving around in ED is fine, but it gets quite redundant, and them pushing back the rework of ice planets made me drop exploration.

They would need more than to just sync player bases and 32 players multiplayer.
Elite would have a better chance at it, I don't think the NMS team would ever try this.

>Late 2020
I've been out of the loop, ED is getting base building? I might go back to it at some point if that's the case. Got burned out hauling passengers last I played. I bought and decked out a vulture then quit. One day I'll go back and get an Anaconda

>ED is getting base building?
They game is currently in some sort of maintenance mode with the B team working on it, while most of the devs are working on an expansion that'll come out in "late 2020"
From the leaks/rumors/whatever it's space legs and base building.

>Got burned out hauling passengers last I played
I forgot to mention that if you're just grinding for credits for the biggest ships you probably won't have fun, the bigger ships allow you to do everything but "better" or faster, you have nearly every activity from the start.

i'll buy it as soon i see it a 10€

I like it, the atmosphere and soundtrack are dope. I completed the main questline & I currently set an objective to reach the center of my current galaxy, after that I plan to find the perfect paradise planet to build my base on. It doesn't take much imagination or effort to find something to do in the game, you're just not gonna get your hand held in a linear way

>it's okay if he rapes my ass because he pats my head afterwards!
this is your mindset

Attached: 1548207495777.jpg (813x622, 158K)

It's fine if he's cute

>Hold "E" to
Missed with that shit.

I got it for like $4 when Toys R' Us was going out of business and never touched it because I figured I'd wait until the game is finished. Any idea how many more updates they plan on doing?

The entire UI and interaction system is like that

i enjoyed it, seemed ok, nothing amazing but fun for what time i spend on it

>200 games in steam library i've collected over the years
>Sitting here staring at it bored out of my mind
>at least 50 hours in 80% of them, the ones i haven't played much are so irredeemable that i can't justify wasting time on them
>NMS is sitting at 3 hours
>Desperately need something to do for the next few weeks until classic comes out
Redpill me on NMS. It seemed extremely clunky to play. The environmental hazards were annoying and not a fun mechanic. I love survival crafting trite but this didn't click for me. Everything but the space combat seemed janky and terrible. Please, PLEASE convince me otherwise, i don't want to hate the game i want to see its virtues.

Attached: 1553611396496.png (528x501, 293K)

Lol you must be a brainlet nigger. Just get a few farms and refineries and print money.

Did they ever explain why all the animals are the same shade of pale yellow

They fixed that a long time ago.
Pool, Asteroids, poker, and dice. You can win money, parts, cargo, and special items from them.

Attached: dcc.jpg (630x768, 117K)

There’s still no meaningful interaction with players.

I thought I’d be able to claim a planet in deep space, bending the flora and fauna to my will. Creating fortresses or leaving ruins that let people know I was there.

But instead you can go to the planet, land in the barren surface, and look a plant I named cum, then fly away.

I know. I played it 3 times (on release and then couple times when updates came out) and I legit don't understand the ideology behind something this stupid.

I would understand it for dialogue if there was meaningful conversations to prevent you from saying shit you didn't want to, but it's just silly.

Just play Elite, or wait for Scam Citizen to come out :^)

fpbp

My biggest gripe is the solar system being static because (((QA/testers couldn't figure out why a planet moved)))

>or wait for Scam Citizen to come out :^)
I don't have enough time left in my lifespan, maybe if i dump another 10k into it my childrens children will be able to enjoy being ripped off and hopefully learn a valuable lesson. Give them more money for our future generate. Give it to them.

>Its the daily shill post by sean murray
Fuck off already.

kek
I got it for 20€ when they were selling both SC and SQ42 together, I'm watching from the side.
If it ever comes out I'll get to play the BDSSE, if it doesn't I could say that I helped to fund the biggest shitshow in modern gaming.

I imagine because it's hard to write a script about such boring and shallow

>I NEED AN ACTUAL FUCKING STORY AND A POINT TO WASTING MY FINITE TIME ON EARTH INSTEAD MINDLESSY GATHERING VIRTUAL RESOURCES IN FUCKING SPACE MINECRAFT

Yes.

so what 'pay off' are you referring to in this game user? you must have a very high IQ!

>such boring and shallow
He managed to make an entertaining "review" of The Division and Aurora 4X, I think he can do just fine with Elite.

What we want is an actual sense of some level of progression rather than just early access Starbound levels of 'please just keep farming ores, ores ores ores, mine an ore to get more ores, more ores, more ores.' At least Starbound had the guff to just say 'yeah we suck at this rn so we're early access'

Fuckin no man buy over here finally releasing shit that they promised and that should have been baseline, acting like it's some tough faggot. No you dumb bitch, I don't need a scullery maid who needed to learn how to swab floors, holy fuck, and if I want to wander giant, bloomy empty spaces I'll just play BotW

>yeah we suck at this rn so we're early access
One of my biggest gripes with NMS is that they dared to launch with a 60€ price tag instead of going 30€ in early access and slowly raising the price with each major update (or at launch).

Division was controversial at the time because of the graphical downgrades and that helped spice up the video.
I don't agree that Aurora 4X lacks depth.

>I don't agree that Aurora 4X lacks depth
Of course it doesn't, I'm talking about how the video might have been boring to watch if it was made by someone else.

>watch SGJ gameplay stream
>4 hours of holding down the trigger while following the lead reticle
combat looks like crap, zero decision making just full auto with terrible fov

Attached: space shotgun.webm (900x506, 2.97M)

Oh fuck, I read before viewing the webm and I was about to recommand you House of the Dying Sun, but you're clearly one step ahead.

>HOTDS OST is made by the same guy who did the EYE OST
WHAT

Attached: 1537966765748.png (800x699, 285K)

>No kaiju creatures
what's next you want "lovecraftian creatures like muh cthulhu squids"
go back to plebbit

>Lovecraft is reddit
Okay retard

Was part of the trailer you fucking faggot.

This is an Io board.

a point.

For shitting on the game without knowing it's now actually better than first promised, retard

>actually better than first promised
>no more than 32 players at the same time
>you'll only encounter that much at the HUB
Nah it's still shit, retard.

Lovecraft is extremely reddit, literally steampunk tier.

Can't even say his cat's name there :^)

>dude n*gger lmao xD !!
back to /poleddit/

Could've linked it properly at least ;)

I want a big fucking snake

Attached: no-mans-sky-screen-05-ps4-us-28may15.jpg (1916x1078, 355K)

lets not forget
>even the pre-order dlc was busted. if you accepted the ship before a certain thing happened, you completely broke your playthrough... and since you only had like 1 save back then....

Attached: 20180726233212_1.jpg (1920x1080, 380K)

>hub based world
What do you mean hub based?
I've been playing for seven hours where is this hub

Not in yet.
Next update (Beyond) will add a HUB where you could encounter 32 players max and go on missions with a few of them.

Yeah this was retarded. How this was deemed playable by Sony, I will never knowm

They either didn't care, or thought some day one patch would fix it.
Or they didn't know about it because of a lack of QA test.

Every environment have a big fucking skybox, is not free roam open universe to explore, when you travel between space and a planet, the game loads a separate world and remove the player from the local planetary system, in a very subtle loading, everything in NMS is an illusion.

That's not HUB based, that's an instance like ED does it.
They are specifically adding a HUB to the game to find other players to do missions with.

Still bullshit, fucking Freelancer had a free roam system, NMS should have superior features compared to a 16 years old game, not stagnated technology.

Are you stupid? Do you think this is "cheating" or something? Streaming in assets in the background is something every open world game does. How else is this going to work? They're going to load the entire fucking universe in 8GB RAM?

NMS is supposed to run on 2013 hardware, and you can't just load everything, it's fine to have instances, it doesn't affect gameplay anyway.

Given they had to add VR support, I take it NMS is no longer a CPU burn-in test?

They probably optimised it for PSVR (Sony probably gave them money to do it) and that's it, though Sean said they tried it with multiple VR headsets, so I guess you'll have to try it out yourself.

There's just something about the way they programmed their game that makes it 100% my CPU out and I can only hold a steady 50fps. If my PC can't get 60fps on a mix of med/high settings, I don't know how the fuck they managed to do it on PS4 for VR to not make you sick.

They made it even shitter despite it being complete shit already.
It's just Minecraft in space now and not in a good way.

They probably optimised the fuck out of the PS4 build to make VR work, I don't know.

imagine being this spoiled about nit-picky trivial features

Attached: z9c83.jpg (585x500, 66K)

Imagine grovelling any old shit that gets thrown your way