Why is nobody talking about this?

Why is nobody talking about this?

Attached: 3568390-4587066765-3b54502b43d32b6adc2207f268abe5a9.jpg (640x360, 46K)

Waiting for a discount desu

Pirated it and tried it a little. Couldn't get into it.

Despite the QOL improvements and more complex game design I still prefer the fantasy setting of AOW3.

doing that right now, hope I'll like it, if I do I'll buy it of course.

if I like CIV will I like this????

Attached: img200102.png (400x811, 324K)

The problem I had with AoW3 was how shallow the diplomacy and empire building was
Is that fixed in this game?

I tried it for 2 hours or so. The city building is unsatisfying beyond belief. It's kind of the opposite experience of TW: Three Kingdoms. Instead of boring battles and improved everthing else here the tactical battles are pretty fun once you get higher tier units involved but everthing else is not really there.

Attached: 1421102002586.jpg (285x281, 34K)

How can you even compare AoW combat to TW? AoW has possibly the most basic turn based tactical combat imaginable.

I played it for a while and I'm gonna try to summarize what I think of it for those who care
Pros:
-Interaction with minor factions is now better, they aren't just a shitty 1 city faction that you are gimped by attempting to assimilate them via diplomacy and risking another player just coming in and taking them over during the process when you can just take them over in 1 turn via war, they did this by basically making minor factions own multiple cities spread out over the map with 1 big capital located in a random spot, improving relationship with them allows you to buy unique stuff that are really useful.
-Science tech is now a generic branching tree instead of the randomized version that was in aow3, personally I prefered the randomized tech in aow3 as it made every run different but I can understand it frustrating some people.
-Cities now have a garrison so no more instantly losing your cities to barbarian mobs
-Can now equip your units with different weapons and equipment and save different presets to give them a lot of variety to their usage and make early game units a viable option for the majority of the match's timespan
-most likely some other things that I forgot to mention

Cons:
-Game completely lost its charm, the art direction and atmosphere of the game simply isn't as good as aow3 it makes the game feel a bit generic
-Building upgrades are extremely boring and unrewarding, it's a matter of build x so you can recruit y or upgrade wall for more garrison units, barely any unique structures outside of the ones you get out of the landmarks.
-The UI is absolutely terrible, hopefully they fix this as time goes.
-Diplomacy is still terrible if not worse than AOW3, not only will most of the AI leaders start of with a negative attitude toward you but they also get offended by almost anything you do causing them to declare war on you within 10-15 turns of meeting you, attempting to set up an alliance with an AI on hard+ difficulities is a tough task

From what I saw it's just AoW3.

And AoW3 was AoW2 minus soul.

Yeah. It's like futuristic Civ with but combat that actually demands strategy.

Isn't that the point of the game?

Its pretty lackluster, introduces almost nothing new, they sent its soul into the shadowrealm by making a fucking generic spess game instead of the ye olden times comfy fantasy it used to be. Right now its just generic space strategy planetfall. So not that bad mechanic wise, but why would i ever want to play this when i can just play aow3? Unless (you) like space/scifi shit more.

Gonna wait for a expansion and see if they can turn this interesting, aow3 was pretty meh until a few expansions so maybe they can salvage this?
High hopes, but prepared for planetfall

Attached: Age-of-Wonders.jpg (1024x576, 203K)

Forgot to answer your question: Yea Forums only plays AAA/mainstream games, get that shit out of here.

I have 1 and 3. Does 1 still hold up compared to the newer entries?

It's like Civ*XCOMlite

AoW1 was so fucking good. Maybe it's rose-tinted glasses, but I remember the diplomacy in that game somehow being fun as a kid. Might be that I hadn't played anything else with better diplomacy though
Also the races were amazing. Like Frostlings and Amphibians(?). And alignments, with the Undead and heavenly bitches being the two extremes
Such a comfy game

Building feels even less impactful than Civ
I have no idea how the fuck they've managed to do that but that's how it is

original aow best aow

God I hate the art style of 3 and planetfall. Are they trying to make this shit ugly?

Lead dev here. Yeah, we understand your personal taste and honestly, we're doing it on purpose just to fuck with you. Imagine the entirety of the team taking a dump on you.

AoW has always been niche but i love the franchise since i was a kiddo

It actually is really bland art desu

I find the aesthetics of that game and it's factions to be abysmal and cringy. Thus I will not play it regardless of how good it might be.

Unlikely. AoW 3 and this are very shallow civ clones with a couple of interesting gimmicks and a more elaborate combat system. AoW 3, for instance, had a somewhat interesting magic system, but that's about the only compliment I can give the game.

>AoW fantasy setting wasnt generic

Attached: 1529611045037.png (406x485, 414K)

Almost bought it, I haven't really played anything similar to HoMM in a long time. Though I reflected upon it and this game looks like shit

its a shitty game

>-Game completely lost its charm, the art direction and atmo
Game just stole a bunch of ideas from everywhere and didnt bring nothing new.