How are they going to explain why Link doesn't have any of the equipment or hearts/stamina he built up by the end of...

How are they going to explain why Link doesn't have any of the equipment or hearts/stamina he built up by the end of BotW?

Attached: The-Legend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-2-E3.png (1280x720, 697K)

equipment broke and stamina gone after shooting 100 years worth of semen inside Zelda with a glopping sound

Speedruns are canon.

Green arm will be a debuff at first, similar to wolf link

Zelda simply won't authorize their usage.

Because Nintendo needs a desperate excuse for more amiibo kikery and making the player grind shrines all over again.

Based Kawahara is writting the story this time, it seems.

Gannon touched his asshole.

>even thinking they need to explain it
Sperg.

Attached: 8C2EA8CB-0C3A-4A81-8787-25A4680E4138.jpg (624x318, 43K)

>Cloud, ex-soldier first class
>level 5
>Auron, legendary guardian already completed the pilgrimage
>sphere grid untouched
bravo

He got AIDS in-between this game and the last, which will be an important subplot for the sequel.

arm got cut off/power got drained from replacing his arm with whoever's arm holding ganondorf in place

Amnesia.

Hes gonna get killed at the start of the game and then revived AGAIN to his base state

Nanomachines

Ganondorf stole it when he rode link's dick

You play as Zelda and have to rescue Link.

Because you play as Zelda.

>Zelda: Other Z

>he didn't beat the game with 3 hearts and base stamina/equipment

You're forgetting that Cloud merely thought himself as an ex-SOLDIER due to mako poisoning and Auron is undead

They didn't bother with MM or Phantom Hourglass I don't see why they would here

It was all temporary. You had to juice up the Master Sword, you had to drain the shrines, and you had to activate the divine beasts one last time. All of those were one-shot boosts, and now you need to find new sources of power

Since you can beat Ganon without doing any of this it's probably just canon that he woke up, did the starting shrines, left the plateau and got his memory back, then made a beeline for the boss battle

He has the Master Sword.

If the guy who made Bad Zelda and Bad Majora made a BotW comic, would it be called Bad Breath?

same way it always happens, a bunch of big black niggers surround the pretty little white thing and when they through, there ain't gonna be nothing left.

same thing happened to Samus in Echoes

FPBP thank you user this made my day.

How will they explain zelda coming back to life? I think this game is set in the past

Seymour kept coming back from the dead and got stronger each time

that evil shit going into Ganondorf curses Link and makes him base 3 heart 1 stamina wheel naked no weapon Link

She wasn't dead, she was absorbed by Ganon, which backfired on old Pork Chop because that allowed Zelda to trap him in Hyrule Castle and delay his resurrection.

Anyone else terrified they will use the same map? That’s my least favorite thing in a sequel. It’s why I never played a Saints Row after 3.

I’m curious to see if Link starts the game with the master sword, that would be new

What if they pull a Zelda 2 and the old overworld is just a small part of the new overworld?

Trailer has him with Master Sword and all of his flashbacks show him never using a shield, so it seems like the canon is he wouldn't have one. As for hearts and stamina, easy. The hand saps that shit when he gets it. The Slate goes to Zelda, since we know Link gives it back to her at the end of the game.

Master Sword itself can just be depowered again and needing to do something to get it's power back up, It serving as a starting infinite weapon that deals only small damage seems like something they would do

>grind shrines
That's not what grind is.

It’s Nintendo,it’ll probably be a Majora’s Mask situation or a Link Between Worlds situation or something else entirely

In Phantom Hourglass Link fell into the ocean from like 9 feet. The blow was so hard it permanently knocked his health back to 3 hearts and he left all his equipment on the ship.

In MM, Link falls off Epona at the beginning. He fell on his back so hard that it reduced his max hearts to 3 again. As for his equipment, fuck you you’re gay.

Ugh, I forgot Link Between Worlds was a thing. It was my least favorite since I pretty much already knew every landscape.

>shooting 100 years worth of semen inside Zelda
thattaboy link

Attached: 1543606321551.png (1152x514, 64K)

Or maybe you'll get a save transfer from the 1st game.

If they spend all the time they're saving on development reusing BOTWs overworld on developing a metric fuckload of top tier dungeons it will be the best game of all time.

Attached: 1552229548262.jpg (600x422, 24K)

So is Zelda cannotically over 100 years old? After Gannon vored her, she was still sort of alive. That’s never really explained.

>It was my least favorite since I pretty much already knew every landscape.

There are a good few changes to the layout though though, especially in Lorule.

>What if they pull a Zelda 2 and the old overworld is just a small part of the new overworld?
Stop getting my hopes up.

Attached: stop.gif (351x263, 1005K)

It's not any different than Link taking a nap in the tub for a hundred years.

>Kawahara
who?

it was all optional in the first place
he should have at least 13 hearts though concidering he has the master sword

Sort of. But it still wasn’t the same as a brand new map, which is always something I’m eager to explore.

I hope Nintendo doesn't try to build a romance between Link and Zelda. In BOTW it is already very implicit that the two have a connection, I hope Nintendo keeps things subtle, otherwise it will be a little shameful to play the game.

>Ganondorf curses Link and makes him... naked
is this one of you yaoi doujins?

You know the the game started development as a straight up remake of ALTTP, right? It only became a sequel because of the wall merging mechanic.

Same way they did in Majora's Mask, Links Awakening, etc

Oh I knew what I was getting into, I’m just saying I’d have preferred it to be a brand new game.

They wont have to because you wont be playing as Link

The equipment broke. Also it doesn't need to be explained. You can suspend disbelief for the purposes of gameplay and have the character start unarmed and back at level one.

does it honestly break ANYONE’s suspension of disbelief to have stats reset in a sequel? i think not

The map had huge swathes of unused space. They could easily reuse the exact same map, pack it full of content, and have it feel like a brand new game. Looking back, very few parts of the map were memorable. I'm pretty sure if I played BotW right now, having not played it in two years, it would feel new anyways.

In Majoras mask it's the child timeline hero of time, who went to before his adventure even happened. That ones actually explained, albeit not to your face.

The equipment and hearts aren't real, they're abstractions. Link doesn't actually canonically lug a dozen sets of armor across Hyrule, or actually somehow increase his resilience to harm and boost his stamina. These are just gamey mechanics that, if they have any symbolic meaning at all, represent Link getting more prepared and more fit in preparation for Ganon. They don't have to explain any sort of reset.

Depends on game and context. There are plenty of games that do give us a depower segment that actually adds to the suspense and makes progression feel meaningful. Such as the Metroid Prime games.

They can easily do the same in BotW 2 and have the perfect excuse for it. So I see little reason not to, even if it's absence won't make the game worse.

It would in something like Fallout, where people treat you differently based on stats. Imagine a New Vegas 2 where everyone just thinks you're some nobody again instead of the deity you basically are after Lonesome Road.

>implying he's not going to start with all of it

it's a great excuse if you play as zelda instead, but it doesn't necessarily explain why link himself would be underpowered
but as other anons have said, it doesn't matter in the end

It's magic I ain't gotta explain shit

What if they let you start with all your stuff from BotW if you have a save?

I would actually be shocked.
>Import save?
>Starts you out with a number of items, such as food, a few potions, a fairy, all of the champion weapons, hylian shield, Tunic of the Wild, full powered master sword.
>only caveat is that the game turns the difficulty up. So you don't get beginner enemies

Then it will lack a sense of progression and it will suck cock.

>implying the progression in this game won't be you actually getting stuff like the hookshot since there's actual dungeons this time.

Seymour also was also a summoner, and according to FFX-2.5, summoners are basically gods.

I'd be into it.

he lost it lol

yeah like how they needed an explanation between Zelda 1/2 or OOT/MM
fuck off autist

>Link, do you remember me?
>Uhh, sorry, I woke up half an hour ago.

>Zelda 2
I see what you're saying, but how is that related to Zelda 2? It's in a completely different style than the original Zelda.

>Z1/Z2
It was explained because the old Hyrule was just a lower segment of the whole Hyrule.
>OoT/MM
He intentionally leaves all of his shit behind and enters the forest alone.

Believe it or not, for these sequels there HAVE been minor explanations. It's just, direct sequels like MM are very rare nowadays. Even things like Spirit Tracks and Link Between Worlds utilize different links. This is the same Link in the same world doing the same thing, and they'll likely have to pull a Metroid and suck his powers out.

Zelda sold everything to repair Hyrule. She only told Link after the fact.

What if they don't remove your stuff?

What if they just let you start the game with the Master Sword and a shit ton of stuff?

Then they have 2 options:
>Something happens and you lose all your stuff (hate this trope)
OR
>All the enemies are more difficult and scaled accordingly

She was able to stay alive for 100 years and not age a day while containing Ganon because uhhhh magic.

>mfw your equipment carries over from your botw save file

MM wakes place after Link was sent back in time, he wouldn't have shit other than a Kokiri shield and a Kokiri sword.

>boss who just wrecked your boy hole joins party
>same level as you
>worse equipment
>less stats

Of course they are going with the former, that's what the whole hand thing is and they already showed that Link gave the slate back to Zelda. So not only is he going to have a different power set, but they have the perfect excuse on why he's back to base level. The only thing left to get rid of is the Master Sword.

Where is Zelda 1 on the Zelda 2 map? Haven't played either that much so i can't really tell.

>but how is that related to Zelda 2?
He means that the lower-left corner of the Zelda 2 overworld is supposed to be the overworld from Zelda 1.

Attached: Legend_of_Zelda_2,_The_-_Adventure_of_Link,_The_-_NES_-_Map_-_1st_Game_Inset.png (800x800, 895K)

The direct map I remember was posted in that really strange japanese only Zelda 1 hd remake where it showed it just off the border of Zelda 2's Death Mountain. Basically Zelda 1 was 1/3 the size of Zelda 2. Zelda 1's Hyrule was abandoned because of all the monsters everywhere, and in Zelda 2 it was explained that everyone fled north and built a shit ton of towns.

It sounds like an asspull answer but considering it was literally just the second game out of 2 I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

As long as there are no shrines or divine beasts, I'm fine. What I'm hoping is that when Ganondorf comes back, his evil presence or magic or whatever will drastically change the landscape.

FUCK YOU ROLL, NOT MY SHINING LASER

Shape should look familiar

Attached: 8rderit6h4w11.png (504x304, 17K)

>A huge ass sprawling graveyard the size of old Hyrule
Fucking nani?

that's hyrule's graveyard. the grave in the middle is the king's. zelda 2 has a surprising amount of lore.

>small ass graveyard of 4x4 is actually 6 plots of 3x4
>northern graveyard is fucking massive in comparison, which makes it seem like there must be hundreds buried there

Fucking shit, I wonder what exactly happened. Considering that they fled north to get away from the Monsters, you would think it would be safer for a while. But it looks like they had just as, if not more problems.

There's a reason why it's called the Era of the Decline of Hyrule.

Cloud is still a mako enhanced superhuman, his problems were mental in nature

The Mako shows his power in his level ups
Cloud's stat growth is the best in-game by far.
No other character comes close to the growth Cloud has in his stats.

EYES OF GANON ARE EVERYWHERE

Attached: zelda2_conceptart_LclxQ.jpg (800x480, 231K)

The fuck is that guy with the boomerang doing?
Just smashing building like a bludge?

Nah, he just throws it around when he can. Goriya are kind of stupid like that.

ganon and gannondorf are so cool

Hearts is easy to explain. Everything got harder in the next adventure so it takes less hits to be killed by things. Which is represented by having less hearts. You're basically under leveled when you begin the game. I'm guessing link will still have the Master Sword, unless he put it in the pedestal to charge before going on this adventure because he didn't think he'd need it.

what equipment?
A stick, a pot lid and some worn out clothes?