Installing this now, what am I in for?

Installing this now, what am I in for?

Attached: DX.jpg (1198x1500, 236K)

shit

Explain.

Played 2 hours, so far it's a snoozefest and I'm not sure I'll bother finishing it.
Would be mad if I paid for it.

Haha who would do something like that haha

deception

Be ready to spend a lot of time robbing apartments

A good game with a really abrupt and disappointing ending.

Fun game, follows well in the original in terms of atmosphere and gameplay but does lose out a bit on the political/conspiracy stuff

Nothing you are installing a virus

I just want a comfy cyberpunk setting, will I get that at least?

Great atmosphere and world building. I would reccomend you explore as much as you can. Story is a bit shit tho as it feels like they cut 1/3 of the game short to make a sequel.

Game is heavy on the sunlight

Yeah but the atmosphere is still cyberpunk rather than GTA.

Yes. Prague's comfy and fun to explore, especially at night. Side missions there are the highlight of the game really.

half of a good game

A HR expansion pack.
The gameplay mechanics are moderately improved, but the story and characters are shit.
The main story is short, but there are a shitton of side missions you shouldn't ignore.
Prague is the only city hub, but it's damn good.
The DLCs are more map packs. The prison one is the best of them.

>what am I in for?
you are in for the
>Adam Jensen in the wrong game
experience, nothing about that game is Deus Ex besides the augments and Adam Jensen plus some returning characters even from the first title.

The setting is incredibly stale, some of the writing is pulled out of a public toilet. Hacking is mindlessly overpowered, alcohol and painkillers let you tank through the dumbest shit (yes even on "Give me Deus Ex" difficulty).
Graphics are unpolished and unoptimized also the first City is split into two parts that takes about a minute or longer to load inbetween.

Other than that the gameplay is amazing it's the strongest point of this game as well as how detailed that actually small game is, it's just not a good Deus Ex title.

How are the waifus?

Next game better not have Jensen

But user, MD doesn't have Jensen either.

there are none really

Long loading times, dull,breakable gameplay and the devs trying to monetize a single player game.
The whole thing is a shitty version of human revolution.

Eliza has a sidequest and Delara Auzenne is kinda hot other than that there are none.

I enjoyed it. It's better to play games and make an opinion for yourself instead of coming to Yea Forums

I've heard about the clone thing, yeah

Don't forget the qt quartermaster at tf29

great game, criminally short, and there's only the one hub area which they give you unrestricted access to too early, as a result you get all the useful augs before doing any missions
there are some great new augs like remote hacking but lots of ones that are just flashy ways to do the equivalent of capping someone with a silenced pistol
less replayable than HR

Just finished it yeaterday. Fucking piece of shit, especially the stupid fucking energy system. Why does MELEE DRAIN ENERGY. Fucking thing doesn't even last for 15 seconds even with energy upgrades it goes down to that fucking free 10% that you have to wait on cooldown. Human Revelation had candy bars that were easy to find so it wasn't much of an issue but not this piece of shit needing 120 crafting parts to make a biocell. Why they give you so many augs but drains energy permenantly every time you turn them on or use melee is retarded beyond belief.

Attached: 1561883922673.jpg (400x400, 33K)

>muh aug rights
Don't bother.

A lame ending.

>Why they give you so many augs but drains energy permenantly every time you turn them on or use melee is retarded beyond belief.
Microtransactions.

Microtransactions were literally thrown in at the last mibut though.

bruh what are you talking about? Biocells are way easier to find than food in HR

The game was cut in half at the last minute too. And adding/changing energy requirements for a an ability is trivial. All abilities are instances of or instances of descendants of some single class which has something like int iEnergyToActivate = 0; (and appropriate getter+setter, maybe even a flag similar to bUsesEnergy or another method like isEnergyUsing() to optimize a little).

>Great atmosphere and world building.
That's bullshit. The canadian woman who wrote the story didn't give a shit about Deus Ex. She used the IP to tell her shitty allegory to BLM even if it didn't fit into a sequel to DE:HR.

Attached: deus ex religion of peace.jpg (1200x675, 127K)

>hungarian notation
>pretending to be smart by talking about programming practice when it's utterly irrelevant
please never do either of these

>>hungarian notation
Fite me, faget. It's convenient.

>>pretending to be smart by talking about programming practice when it's utterly irrelevant
How can you miss the point so badly? I'm just explaining how anyone sane would write it to someone who likely doesn't know it. The flag or boolean method support this by removing the need for knowing default values beforehand.

>get the dismantle aug early
>grab weapon enemy dropped
>dismantle
>grab the next one of the same type to avoid it being transformed into ammo
>dismantle again
>use the parts to make a gorillian biocells
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>It's convenient.
if your idea of a text editor is nano
>How can you miss the point so badly? I'm just explaining how anyone sane would write it to someone who likely doesn't know it.
you don't need to talk about classes and getters and setters to understand that it's just a constant you can trivially edit somewhere lmao

>you don't need to talk about classes and getters and setters to understand that it's just a constant you can trivially edit somewhere lmao
Eh. I guess. I've been recently helping a friend with something of a parser and been modding a game before that, so hopefully that's a bit of an excuse. Or I don't really have a correct frame of reference for non-programmers anymore.