Why did it died?

Why did it died?
>tfw no wolf among us S2

Attached: 2B924513-F710-40C3-98ED-23B99D8B7A65.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

They kept recycling the same gane hoping to strike gold
They also depleted their capital by hogging all possible IPs and hiring famous V.A.

didn't sell enough considering they were shelling over a ton of money for the rights to use movie and game themes. also rushing shit out and bad management

Because they were retards and also because their games didn't sell

Blowing money on stupid IPs no one wanted like batman and game of cringe.

> engine suffers heavy fps drop (happened with the first Batman game)
> recycled gameplay design for all their games
> choices hardly matter and you will face the major consequence the game wants you to face

The only thing I miss really is the easy 1000g/Platinum

>strike gold with TWD
>completely fail to expand on what they had
Also they shouldn't have shoehorned the exact same gameplay into their other IPs, TWAU really should have been more of a detective game.

>lmao guys you know what would be a great idea?
>lets license extremely expensive IPs, to make the literal same non-game!
>And lets have 5 projects at once, and mass-hire a bunch of people!
>and to really take it home, let's not even bother to develop our own IPs or try a new type of game!

>Why did it died?
Let's play/streaming

Because the guy running them was a greedy idiot who was obsessed with chasing TWD's success. They weren't allowed to try new things or go against the mold. Every game had to be the same (aka like TWD) in terms of story and gameplay. He's the reason why they started buying up crazy IPs too, which is one of the big reasons why they started running out of money.

By the time they managed to oust him from the company, it was too late for them, and then he delivered the death blow by turning around and suing them. afaik it was pretty much done out of spite. There's a few articles about it; look up "Kevin Bruner".

Cause people stoped falling into the "your choices matters" after 3 or 4 games being the same railroaded shit

Having 400 employees

Also, does anyone find it strange that nothing of TWAU2 has leaked yet and the ex devs are totally silent on if? It was supposed to be their first game out in 2019 iirc. Meanwhile, Stranger Things had gameplay leaked. Also, the comic creator and some of the VAs have brought up telling what the story would have been on Twitter, but then they just go silent and never bring it up again.

Is there a chance it might still be in development with a different studio?

>They also depleted their capital by hogging all possible IPs and hiring famous V.A. who didn't voice either Sam or Max

ftfy

>Tried to catch lightning in a bottle after TWD
>Failed b/c other IPs not popular i.e. Fable the literally who of comics
>People realized their choices didn't matter
>Turned TWD S2 into console wars + Clem the 12 year old who is more capable than any adult
>Expanded beyond their means
>Bled money, but though they could live off investors instead of profits
>Kept seeking more investments to cover profit losses, essentially a Ponzi scheme
>It all flops, employees fired and projects cancelled in a sudden company implosion

>Why did it died?
It's easy. A lot of people just put a lot of excuses but the true reason was simply this
>Pay money for IPs
>IP games didn't sell enough

>Telltale dead
>Dontnod losing Life is Strange
The episodic formula doesn't work. The developer gets one popular game, then everyone stops caring and puts them on the "bargain bin or youtube" list. Quantic Dream wins the genre because they actually release finished products.

Attached: life_is_strange___max_and_nathan_by_sschar_db4yp7e-pre.jpg (1133x705, 88K)

TWAU was their highest selling game below TWDs1, though. Batman's the one that completely flopped.

Attached: Telltale Games.jpg (1280x1920, 447K)

>no second season of SBCGFAP

Attached: 1565078682619.jpg (637x445, 44K)

It’s honestly because of the gameplay, or lack thereof. If they decided that a manageable gameplay was added in their games, more people would have bought them instead of watching their fav streamers “play” it

Then why did it take them so long to make a sequel

But was it worth the licensing cost? Did the Fable IP draw in customers or was it riding TWD's bump? People would have played any Telltale at that point, no one bought it for Fable who wouldn't have bought it anyway.

>"Hey this first season of TWD sold pretty well. Why don't we just copy this exact same formula, flaws and all, over and over again? And try and obtain licenses for highly expensive IPs? What could possibly go wrong!"

Attached: 1469957873364.jpg (230x238, 16K)

Considering the sales numbers and how a sequel for it was their most requested game up until the end, and the collective autistic rage that rose up at those fake Bigby leaks that was enough to get several game news sites involved that pushed Telltale to make a statement about them... I'd say, yeah. It clearly resonated with people after the fact, and it probably would have sold respectably.

The IP had very little to do with it I think. Again, look at Batman. The first season sold like ass and the second season sold even worse. If anything, Fables was probably cheaper to buy the rights to.

Combination of NDAs and them not having anything to leak. It sounds like they didn't get further than writing the story.

What's their worst game other than Minecraft? For me it's Game of Thrones.

Attached: 1476319248136.jpg (450x450, 26K)

I never played then but they had many games before they blew up with TWD. I can’t imagine what the CSI ttg would look like

Sam and Max Season 1

What is the best dead episodic adventure 'game' and why is it D4?

Attached: d4-09.png (1904x1071, 2.06M)

never played them beyond walking dead s1, those shit "games" needed actual gameplay to be interesting to me.

Wasn’t their engine very outdated? So many things were wrong with that studio

Why did Yea Forums pretend Telltale was good? Yes, not all of Yea Forums thought this (#NotAll), but there was quite a lot of lot of Yea Forums who did think these games were good. In fact even when the Final Season of Walking Dead was canceled, there were quite a few threads still discussing the last episode.

>BUT WALKING DEAD!!!1

Honestly not very good once you realise none of your choices mattered, yet even when Yea Forums knew, they still tried to pretend it was good because of the tears they cried. Plus three black protagonists? Are you serious?

>OMG DA WOLF AMONG US!!!1

A detective game without any detective work. Great. I'd rather watch episodes of Hercule Poirot.

>TALES FROM BORDERLANDS IS GREAT!!!1

First of all, I don't give a fuck about Borderlands.

>B-B-BUT YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO HAVE PLAYED OR LIKE THOSE GAMES TO LIKE THIS ONE!!!1

Well I don't have to play Tales from the Borderlands to continue enjoying life. The game looks awful and unappealing (and I'm not talking graphically or engine wise), and the Borderlands IP doesn't do anything but drag it down. So if I don't care about the brand or visual novels, why do you think a game without gameplay is "good enough" for the average person to want to play it?

>DON'T YOU LOVE BATMAN!?!?!?!!1

I do, but because these games have stopped being puzzle/adventure games a long time ago, I have 0 interest. A Batman themed point and click 90's style adventure game would be amazing. This however looks like a pile of shit.

Attached: 1537569552024 2.jpg (1510x604, 126K)

GotG is up there with those two.

It's the best because it had a game mechanic integrated with the investigation and it told an interesting story without being too dramafag about it

TWD S1 and TWAU were the only good entries they ever did

Not to mention pandering to furfags and tumblrinas with Sam and Max

>hire too many retards because of muh diversity quota
>don't make enough to pay them all
>wonder where all the money went

I only played season 1 which was great, but I don't think they did this, did they?

>TWD = daughterfu
>TWAU = disney princess waifu
That's it, it was just games that let them think they were interacting with their pet qt3.14

>New Sam and Max never
Kind of glad they never made a new one though I dread to think of what they'd do to it.

>No puzzles, collecting shit or solving shit by talking to people
>Just talking to people
>Max will not remember that
>Only have 1-2 screens at a time to explore so the player doesn't get lost
>Story driven garbage about the duos tragic past and how they met

Because telltale games are absolute shit that despite getting praise up the ass, was only bought by the most dumb mouth breathing idiots.

Valve cut killed them

Attached: 264981421512.png (1106x1054, 272K)

Sam and Max is inherently furfaggotry, just look at Hit the Road
Then telltale made it tumblr core by making Max lol so random and violent xd!!!

>Sam and Max is inherently furfaggotry, just look at Hit the Road

How was a game pre furry culture as we know it about furfaggotry?

>we've made 2 games that people like
>let's take everything those games did and turn it into a formula
>then pump out endless trash following that formula
>also hire more people than we need/can sustain just because
>wtf why aren't people buying our formulaic trash anymore?
>wtf why do we have to pay all these employees?
and then they were dead

If only it finished

Because they’re literally just glorified dvd menus that you can watch online instead of “playing”

>epic shill hard at work

>DUR YOU SHOULDN'T PLAY IT JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN WATCH IT ON YOUTUBE

So ban youtubers from lets playing games, got it.

Are you retarded? It has anthropomorphic animals in it, that's enough for furfaggots to flock to it

Attached: Sam_&_Max.png (284x351, 134K)

No, just make actual games that are worth playing. A lesson for every game developer that goes under.

EBIC STORE
CHONO CHONANAA
EBIC STORE
ECHUU SHEEEHADE UUUAA EEE HYAUUU EH UH
BUY ME GAME

Stay mad, Tim could save telltale like he is saving the rest of the industry right now. Too bad he was too late for them

Don't you have some kids to jerk off to, Randy?

Wolf among us was the only game they made that I actually liked, most of their games felt like they should have come free inside cereal boxes.

I enjoyed the first tt Batman game (when it wasn’t being buggy and Bruce’s head wasn’t spinning 360 degrees during gameplay)
Is the second one good

Wolf is insanely overrated, it was a fun unmemorable game with very poor pacing, and an ok story with a nice cast of characters.

So outdated it couldnt even do physics at all. All props being blown around and such had to be hand animated.

>Replying to any retard using buzzwords as an argument

Anthropomorphic animals are as old as fucking animation and much older than furries nigga

You can't let the furries win; only actual furfaggot shit is furfaggot shit. Sam & Max is NOT furfaggot shit.

And having 370 of said employees being literal deviant art tier writers.

I really think the stories are good (played Wolf Among Us, Borderlands and Batman), but you cant hype people just for the story, the moment they know the gameplay is basicly the same they wont feel like playing it at all. They have to connect with the story first and that is a major step from the player, especially in these days where everyone has a huge back catalog.
They should have switched the gameplay a lot more to get people curious about the next project, then after the first episode the people would be into it and play to the end instead of just ignoring the whole thing. Their core was story, and so far they are good, and different from eachother, so saying that its always the same game its a bit of a stretch. I also did felt that in Batman the choices were a lot more present, complete scenes being different.

>playing them on console
every telltale game runs like vomit on console and fine on midrange PCs

Attached: 1553220122814.png (257x297, 22K)

Little Peggy?

You have been visited by gamer vixen Laura.

This Laura is about to die (just like this thread).

Press 'B' to bump!

Attached: Laura.png (717x389, 342K)