What was Naughty Dog thinking when they made this game? It's probably the hardest 3D kids game ever made

What was Naughty Dog thinking when they made this game? It's probably the hardest 3D kids game ever made

Attached: Jak_II_front_cover_(US).png (760x1079, 2.06M)

more important than it being hard is the fact that it's shit

I loved Jak 2 and know what you mean about it being tough. I beat it as a kid on the PS2 but when I bought the Jak and Daxter Collection for PS3, I just kept getting stumped at some parts. Still don't understand how younger me was so good at the game.

Bad taste

you're the one with shit taste my dude. Jak II doesn't do anything better than J&D, GTA or Ratchet & Clank.

>It's probably the hardest 3D kids game ever made
I'd go with Blast Corps
Some of the timings they give you to complete shit are tiny tiny.

>those gold record race times
Inhuman devs

This. It's just a bad mishmash of things that were popular at the time.

It is? I guess I'll actually give it a try now

Gameplay was fun and brought something new to the Jak and Daxter franchise as a whole. Albeit if you would have told me back when Precursor Legacy came out that "The sequel is going to take you into the distant future where everything his hi-tech and monsters have evolved oh and there is also some demon guy", I wouldn't have believed you.

But the entry is still fun and better than Jak 3

Everything new it brought to the franchise was a discount version of something done better elsewhere. That's not to say Naughty Dog was ever original, but their previous copycat efforts (Crash, CTR, J&D) were best in class.

Post yfw you get the blue vulcan

Attached: 1452378068414.jpg (827x755, 81K)

Only part where my brother and I had problem playing it as kids where during the hoverboard trick part and the mind test with the blind lady

I loved it. Great game. Loved all 3 jak games desu. Daxter on psp was good too.

Enjoying that hero mode playthrough user?

Attached: Drill_Platform_turret.png (260x194, 70K)

>It's probably the hardest 3D kids game ever made
*ahem*

Attached: dark souls of platformers.jpg (680x791, 73K)

>the hardest 3D kids game ever made
Far from it. Even simple shit like Super Magnetic Neo is harder than Jak 2

>let’s make a good game

Finally, someone who gets it

>Better than Jak 3
I didn't think you had shit taste, but I gotta be honest that is shit taste right there senpai.
Jak 3 was better than 2 in every single possible way. Better story, better waifus, and more varied environments/gameplay. Jak 2 was just shitty design making the game harder for no reason(rail gun sequence).

my childhood

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018-06-15_at_1.30.36_PM.jpg (800x450, 27K)

Thanks for giving me this piece of the Seal of Mar at the edge of the Slums Water side. Oh hi Krimzon Guards.

>they never made a Jak & Daxter game where Jak tries to go back to the Precursor Legacy time period but ends up going only ~20 years into the past to become the great hero Mar.

Yeah this game frustrated the hell out of me back in the day, I still liked it though but shit.

It's my favorite Jak game maybe because I played it as a kid and I played this one first. I thought 3 sucked and the racing segments were tedious but I loved going around Jak 2 and doing tricks on the hoverboard.

>Jak 3 was better than 2 in every single possible way. Better story, better waifus, and more varied environments/gameplay. Jak 2 was just shitty design making the game harder for no reason(rail gun sequence).

No.

Jak 3’s story is laughably bad.

> First 3rd of the game is running odd jobs in the desert without a single over-arching motivation
> Jak tells Ashlin he doesn’t want to come back to Haven City
> LITERAL NEXT MISSION is Jak going back to Haven City
> doesn’t tie up any loose ends from Jak 2, just invents some new baddies and retcons them into being important historically
> ruins Precursor mythology for a dumb joke
> drops Jak/Keira love interest for Jak/Ashlin for no reason (except they couldn’t get Keira’s VA back so she only gets like 4 lines)

Jak 3 had lots of cool ideas, but it was obviously rushed. Needed 2 years of Dev time not less than 1.

>What was Naughty Dog thinking when they made this game?
Fuck these kids.

still, to this day, can't beat the street race. even if i knock his fucking bike into the water he still manages to rubberband his way past me.

Better story than all 3 of those.
Better level design than GTA and R&C
Better boss fights than GTA and R&C
Better minigames than all 3
Better hub than R&C
Better gameplay variety than J&D
Better difficulty pacing than all 3
fuck you

I'm confused as to why people say this is hard

>LOL DARK SOULS HARD

Attached: BCDE6141-E8EE-4FA8-83FA-D404FB914171.jpg (474x685, 63K)

They got insecure about the game they were making so they stapled a bunch of extraneous shit to the side of a platformer to try and sell it as GTA.
I'd rather play it than 3 though, that shit borderlines on minigame collection.

I don't think it's shit but this
> It's just a bad mishmash of things that were popular at the time.
is pretty true

the gun controls are ass and checkpoints are infrequent
that's about it though

>Better waifus
>turned best girl into a fucking furry for no reason

Attached: 1561055628263.jpg (409x450, 38K)

That's a good thing,though
>he seriously wanted based Daxter to go without pussy for the rest of his life
Dude he gets to fuck the best girl all he wants, and she only has eyes for him.

I remember there being a Jak 4 where you fly around in planes but I never hear anyone talking about it.

>drops Jak/Keira love interest for Jak/Ashlin for no reason
I dont remember that. I thought Ashlin/Torn was a thing.

Doesnt Jak still have a thing for Keira in The Lost Frontier if you want to acknowledge that.

Dumbasses that stand in one spot and spam yellow gun, who dont know how to drive.

Punch+ shoot or Air kick+ shoot, and you're almost unkillable

For good reason.

I never found it to be hard but the vehicles controlled like shit and the stingy checkpoint placement left a bad taste in my mouth.

this, the game is cringe. Play r&c instead.