Tfw replaying red dead redemption in 4K

>tfw replaying red dead redemption in 4K
It's great to hear about the old gang, having finished the prequel, but the lack of Arthur mentioning is annoying. John speaks about the gang as if there were no good things about it. Then again, the games were released so far apart. Red Dead thread, if you like.

Attached: mexico.jpg (3840x2160, 1.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MigNGNd0KJg
youtu.be/JoIPzq-En-U
youtube.com/watch?v=iZ9iflvCwok
youtube.com/watch?v=JoIPzq-En-U
youtube.com/watch?v=PF4qn4akprI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's the problem with 99% of prequels, they add shit that clashes with the games they are supposed to be prequels for.

If you played as a dishonourable Arthur it’s perfectly reasonable he is never mentioned again.

Red2 is basically just fanfic that should be ignored.

Good point.

Mexico and the whole Mexican revolution plot was more fun than any other part of RDR2

>remember all the times Arthur antagonized him
>yeah the gang sucked i hated those guys

Is this on an emulator?

Attached: 1553060592413.webm (480x480, 675K)

RDR1 has the superior plot. Arthur was great, RDR2 was great, but you gotta let it go and immerse yourself in RDR1. John didn’t seem too happy as part of the gang, especially towards the end.

>red dead 1
>john talks about dutch like some sort of mysterious+charismatic leader of men
>red dead 2
>dutch is literally retarded

Good Arthur is pretty much canon.

RDR2 ruins so much of RDR1's brilliant characterization. There was something mythic about Dutch's gang that was completely lost in RDR2. Instead they were just a group of fucking retards that moved from one location to the other.

Can someone explain this webm to me? What am I looking for?

In a way, I think that was kind of the point. Something to do with the way myths of the old west were not the reality.

fuck I want to replay rdr that way, does it also run better? I think the game was beautiful on the 360, but it would be a whole new level, I just dont want to buy an xbone literally only for an old ass game, even if i love it

Is this on an emulator or something

Whuddya mean wild bill hickok lied ta me? Why would he do that to'a boy like me?

its on xbox one, backwards compatibility

It's 30FPS.

>John acts as if he's never been to Armadillo, needs a guide to Fort Mercer
>No one he meets knows who the fuck Dutch or the rest of his gang were, they are regarded as literal nobodies despite being the most wanted and notorious criminals in the country just a few years before
>John always speaks about his gang as if they were a handful of small-time hoodlums instead of a large group who planned and carried out large scale robberies and massacred entire town populations
>Despite Dutch's gang and John being involved in and responsible for the Blackwater massacre Landon Ricketts (one of the few survivors of the massacre) doesn't recognize his name or mention Dutch's gang when they meet
There's more, but yeah, you're right.

Obviously there's more, that was my point, prequels are always full of anachronistic and lore breaking shit.

Yeah, I was just giving some of the more glaring examples, I probably worded it wrong

No worries but generally I just hate idea of prequels since they always fuck shit up and often even include dumb fanservice that makes no sense that's basically "hey remember this cool shit that happened many years later in the series canon? well it's happening here too, many years earlier!".
Good example being MGS3.

MGS3 is pretty much the only prequel ever done right.

That and maybe SOTC.

only the bad ones

>MGS3 is pretty much the only prequel ever done right.
Laughingwhores.jpg
You can't be serious mate.
The only thing "right" in it is giving Big Boss a good motivation for becoming a cunt, but that's it.

Which is 99% of all prequels ever made.

But that's all MGS3 needed to do? The thing MGS3 did right was only having BB overlap while everything else was new to the story. So it didn't feel like "hey everyone is just younger now". MGS3 became an integral part of MGS's story whereas Red2 feels like it fills in for Red1 where nobody asked for it.

Zero is basically Big Boss' Campbell complete with the same twist of hiding shit from you and working for gubment Illuminati.

Dutch was already going crazy at the beginning of RDR2. The boat heist for example.

But that isn't true at all? Zero was oblivious of it just as Snake was.

FUCK that looks crisp.
I mean, my ps4pro RDR2 screenshots always look blurry as FUCK to the point I never really want to look at em

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181118141041.jpg (3840x2160, 1.04M)

the motivation would've been good if it weren't for the fact that he got mad because he was forced to kill some retarded bullshit mary sue character whos stupid writing haunts the franchise for like 3 games eventually being one of the reasons for its ultimate demise.

calm down

RDR1 on XboneX BC is native 4K, that's why it's so crisp.
RDR2 is also native 4K apparently on XboneX, but has no AA

I think maybe RDR2 would have worked better as a prequel if it had been set even earlier, when John and Arthur were just teenagers and Dutch first took them under his wing. All that idealism of the past Dutch would have made more sense then, as you would have seen him be a much more competent planner and leader. They could have shown time pass and ended it with the Blackwater Massacre, which is where it all started to break down and the scales started falling from everyone's eyes about Dutch.

the blone is that actress from The Girl Next Door, she marries a hockey player i think. idk who the other girl is, some jelly roastie or girl getting mogged. not quite sure myself

Funny how past gen games at 4K look way better than modern games do on the same hardware.

I don't know why Blackwater massacre was off-screen when it's pretty much the only event RDR1 alludes to.

youtube.com/watch?v=MigNGNd0KJg

We're getting closer to RDR1 being playable on PC through emulation.

MGS4 is also booting up to main menu iirc in their latest post.

Attached: Blessed.gif (480x272, 2.14M)

RDR2 isn't native 4K on PS4 Pro, which combined with the blurry as shit temporal AA make it look muddy.
If you want 4K RDR2, XboneX is the only way.

I have RDR2 on my Xbox One X and it looks crisp and clean as fuck.

They look blurry because its not rendered in true 4k. I forgot the res on the Pro... I think its 1440p upscaled to 4k.

It's pretty gross. I hope it's released on PC this year.

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181104100449.jpg (1920x1080, 313K)

I think RDR2 should have ended with John killing Arthur in some twist ending. This would have avoided the pitfall of the game being entirely predictable due to the foreknowledge of RDR1 and would have added to John's moral dubiousness and what he was willing to do for his family and explains why he never mentions Arthur in 1.

youtu.be/JoIPzq-En-U

kino

Attached: 0_0 (21).jpg (1920x1072, 293K)

Dutch said the greatest line in video game history
>We can’t always fight nature, John. We can’t fight change. Can’t fight gravity. We can’t fight nothin’. My whole life, all I ever did was fight... But I can’t give up neither. I can’t fight my own nature. That’s the paradox, John. You see?

Attached: E7B4E9B4-67FA-411D-8C54-6525A1B54849.png (1920x1080, 2.37M)

I thought how it was going to end when I was playing was that Arthur would get an offer from the lawman to rat out the gang in exchange for TB treatment which would result in the lower gang members getting arrested and Arthur later getting killed in a set up by John as his first target just before RDR1

They went from this to

>TAHITI ARTHUR THINK ABOUT TAHITI

Imagine if the game ended with this then transitioned into a fully remastered RDR1. Would have been Kino of the highest order.

Really wish I could crack how to take 4k screenshots. I have it hooked up to a 1440p screen.
Xbox One X screen

Attached: 8-12-2019_3-25-11_PM-iiewq4ie.png (1920x1080, 2.42M)

Uploaded through Onedrive? Also, do you have it enabled in the settings to take 4K screens?

Uploaded on onedrive and not sure how to check if it takes 4k screens lad.

And R* belittled it with RDR2.

Just saw you can't actually change that. I can only assume it has to recognise a 4K output before it takes screens in that res.

Feels bad man. I dont have a 4k tv/monitor.

who knew 4k requires a 4k tv/monitor to take screenshots of in full resolution

consoles can't into DSR, so.. makes sense

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181104100350.jpg (1920x1080, 250K)

Still looks crisp as fuck on a 1440p monitor.

Attached: 8-12-2019_3-34-18_PM-1g1rallj.png (1920x1080, 2.52M)

I'm surprised by the vast difference between consoles.

The xbox one X looks like it'd be a PC release(if it got up to 60fps) with how crisp/detailed shit looks compared to the PS4 which is my shots

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20190218142547.jpg (1920x1080, 305K)

She is probably married to a player that cost them a goal or something. Not that hard to figure out user.

Attached: sky.jpg (3840x2160, 1.65M)

Attached: sky2.jpg (3840x2160, 1.57M)

Did anyone ever find out why theres horse cock but no horse pussy?

What was the logic behind this.

there wasn't horse cock in the game, it was just balls

as to why there is no mare vagina, well, iunno.

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181028105743.jpg (1920x1080, 304K)

Attached: RDRMex.jpg (3840x2160, 2.37M)

IIRC it is 4k in height but half that in width.

idk how true this is but I read somethign about how the lighting tech in newer games looks better in motion than in screenshots

Thats wrong. Theres literally horse cock modelled too.

Go take a look, there are horsecocks in the game.

you mean the sheath? that's different than a fully fledged horse dick hanging about

Exacvtly him saying the same thing in RDR2 ruins the entire thing about it, instead of you know being a great quote, it sounds like something he has written up in case he needs to sound smart.

The song that plays after Dutch commits suicide gives me the chills
youtube.com/watch?v=iZ9iflvCwok

>TB treatment
There was no treatment for TB at the time. Infact it wasn't until 1906, the year the epilogue is set, that people started doing shit about it successfully.

On PSpro is fine as long as you use an exernal device for your pics (share function uses bypass method, capturing the signal before it goes on your tv and that's why there's a lot difference between what you see on your screen and what you see on your screenshots).

Attached: Capture_20181223174011.jpg (1920x810, 1.21M)

Honestly RDR2 (XOX version) is this most beautiful looking game this gen.

Xbox won.
(It finally captured 1440p screen.)

Attached: 8-12-2019_4-08-23_PM-0mdkapc5.jpg (2560x1440, 2.54M)

Why does every texture in the picture is horrible?

Actual blind man spotted.

How do you use Yea Forums?

RDR2 has some great lines, Stop chimping out.

By opening the pic in a new tab and then click on it.

>RDR2 official soundtrack finally released
>it sounds NOTHING like the in-game music and is way more toned down, often with completely different sounds and indstruments
Welp guess I'll stick to low quality youtube rips

Attached: 1544756187134.png (695x618, 552K)

GPU is being underutilized (I mean yeah I know it'll always be CPU-bound, but that 30% is just bad), why doesn't he just bump the res, RPCS3 can do that right? Or would that increase CPU load as well?

Attached: 8-bit-Mario-Dies.jpg (400x400, 15K)

>Toned down
youtube.com/watch?v=JoIPzq-En-U
Literally sounds ten times better.

Attached: 1562874933767.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Not him but even though I hated it when I first heard it, Mountain Finale is ruined in the official soundtrack, it sounds like a completly different track just with the same instruments.

And its missing half the fucking tracks from the game, hopefully there is a part two or something

Attached: 1541140639965.png (1920x1080, 2.04M)

Skip to 1:20
It’s part of the story and his character
youtube.com/watch?v=PF4qn4akprI

this, i want the ambient music tunes