To guys who actually play these kind of games: how would you rate Diablo III in its current state...

To guys who actually play these kind of games: how would you rate Diablo III in its current state, comparing it to the other aRPGs in the market? Is there anything new Blizzard can do with the genre if it will come to Diablo IV?

Attached: apps.57157.64140138686919815.d9e5eb6a-300a-42c9-ad36-95f5a7005152.jpg (180x270, 9K)

It's the McDonalds of the genre.

The gameplay is probably the most fun of the genre, but there's nothing to do. A season will start. You will play it for a week (maybe 2 weeks max) then get bored of doing the same thing over and over and over. Then you'll quit and wait until the next season.

Diablo 4 should be more of the same gameplay, but with FAR more non-repetitive shit to do in the end-game. Also go back to the D1/2 art-style instead of the cartoony shit that is 3.

>muh endgame
This mentality is what ruined MMOs, and no doubt will ruin other genres next.

mashing left-click on weak NPCs playing the shitty story is the worst and most mind-numbing part of the game. The game only becomes fun in the end-game when you have your build. Like being a charge-barb that flies around the screen at lightspeed perma-stunning everything or perma-spinning as a demon hunter while you shoot mass volleys onto blobs of mobs. Or exploding like 50 enemies at once as a monk.

What ruins MMOs was that it's a boring soulless genre for retards who need some kind of carrot-on-a-stick incentive to work towards because they're losers in real life who can't set and work towards actual goals that will improve their life.

The only good MMOs are the ones where the world is heavily influenced by the players, WoW in particular was always theme-park shit and boring as fuck.

ruined franchise
also who gives a fuck what state this shit game is in

its better on console not even joking.

Installed Diablo 2 last night. Best thing that came with my Diablo 3 Collector's EditionTM.

Diablo 3 is hot trash. Put about 500 hours into D3 vanilla, then discovered Path of Exile. Over 5000 hours later and I've never looked back. It's amazing how badly Blizzard fucked up such a great franchise. It's maybe even more amazing how a couple kiwis made such a vastly superior game for free

At this point, I can't even get excited for D4. It's pretty evident how out of touch Blizzard is these days.

Attached: IMG_20190811_132935.jpg (4000x3000, 3.5M)

Just play Phantasy Star Online on private server. It's literally the same game but doesn't get boring after 1 week. The balance is much better.

Campaign is still irredeemable garbage. One of the worst stories I've seen in games. Rifts are super fun*.
*If you intend to play maybe 30-40 hours max, which is pretty small amount for arpg. After that game becomes very shallow. But again, if you know when to quit it's quite fun.

This

>Tyreal is a NIGGER
>Diablo is a WOMEN
>Deckard Cain gets killed by a fucking BEE

what a fucking sad way to end a beloved franchise

How does that affect gameplay tho?

the gameplay is absolute bottom tier trash

zero depth, zero build variety etc

Mechanically PoE is much better, but holy damn, that game looks and feels so dull.

Huh, they changed the installer, it didn't look that way before

It's easily the best diablo game to this day and one of the best arpg's on the market. Only thing I played longer was Sacred 1 & 2.

I'd rate it a 5 maybe a 4. Which is much much better than the 2 it was at launch.
I'd give PoE a solid 7, same as Grimdawn.
he's 100% right tho

>tfw just bought this for the switch
>see everybody shitting on it
>just want to enjoy diablo in handheld mode

I really am a sucker for games that are good for switches handheld mode.

Don't worry PorEtards are shitting on it for no reason while playing a mediocre arpg at best with 10 fps animations and the worst combat of the entire genre even worse and slower than lowlevel Titanquest.

While Diablo 3 obviously misses out some content due to being abandoned by now it still is a jewel with RoS and you will sink in thousands of hours over time.

I've been wanting to try out Diablo II for years. Does it hold up?

>What ruins MMOs was that it's a boring soulless genre for retards who need some kind of carrot-on-a-stick incentive to work towards because they're losers in real life who can't set and work towards actual goals that will improve their life.
imagine being so autistic and lacking in self awareness that you say this about MMOs while playing ARPGs

its a decent game filled with miserable losers like the people that replied in this thread

It's fun to control a powerful character and kill millions of mobs with the skills but it gets boring after 900 hours. Also the loot sucks.

Jokes on you, fag. I don't play ARPGs.

If Diablo stuck to the non-set meta that it had at launch, it would be a really solid game. Looking for yellows and uniques that created synergy with other yellows and uniques were fun as fuck. Now the endgame revolves solely on searching for better versions of the same gear you already have. You're looking for 1-2% stat increases and that's what the meta farm is until you make a new character. It's shit.
Also since the game revolves around set gear as the meta, you'll be stuck to only using one specific set for each class because blizzard cant balance worth a shit.

Console port is GOAT if you're playing with friends.

Out of those 3, only Cain's death bothered me. It was quick, cheaply done outside a CGI scene, and as was the only way to allow the rest of the shitty plot to unfold -- the player would have no reason to trust Kuul or Adria if Deckard Cain was around.

>Diablo's host is female, so the Prime Evil is accented by Andariel's features
>Tyrael is just a well-intentioned idiot, regardless of skin color

It's a decent iteration over D2 mechanically. Art isn't as iconic as D2 but still looks pretty good when there's tons of enemies thrown at you.

PoE's garbage and RoS is a much more enjoyable experience

>It's a decent iteration over D2 mechanically
It's goddamn Gauntlet with the illusion of character growth through equipment and skills.

>play grim dawn
>enemies keep getting stronger
>and keep doing new things
>some enemies are infinitely more dangerous to the point where they need to be taken out first
Grim Dawn is a good example of a modern ARPG that doesn't just stay "press the win button"

It's basically a single player game that's good for a few run throughs, people out there grinding high level rifts as if if bigger numbers is content are mistaken.

Better than POE and Torchlight 2, worse than Grim Dawn and Torchlight 1

okay

Ok, how's Torchlight 1 better than second one?

But the higher levels come with more frenetic fighting

The skills don't feel like shit, mitigation actually works and half the game isn't featureless desert.

Grim Dawn is the best one available.

It`s good for a babby`s first ARPG.
Loot is easy to find and combat is fun.
However, 90% of items are boring trash with the same rolls (plush fishing for ancients, i left before that). And aside from Legacy of Nightmares builds you can`t take the fun ones since sets increase your power over 9000%, so you have to use them. Runes are neat, but you will always choose the one that gives you your preferred damage type anyway.

TLDR - fun to level up several characters, then play Grim Dawn.

Attached: 1454702178947.png (1988x1848, 2.36M)

Why is Grim Dawn being praised so much here?

No, it is clunky and shit

Repetitive endgame IS Diablo. No one can deny it.

No one has cracked the dungeon crawler endgame code, because it's impossible without unsustainable content churn.

Attached: 1536240281427.jpg (1080x720, 131K)

The solution is hardcore mode by default

Lmao, I thought blizzdrones died out after announcing immortal. But I guess they are just like battered wives.

wrong

>Tyreal is a NIGGER

Tyreal taking his lego pieces angel wings and becoming a human to just become another fucking "honorary" was the dumbest, most pointless shit he's ever done in the series. There was absolutely no arc or development there.

>Caring if Diablo possesses a woman

Get off your fucking screen, you fucking anti-SJW donut.

>Deckard Cain gets killed by a fucking BEE

Make that a fucking korean MMO looking butterfly bitch. I'm still speechless about that.