Any Spyro fan here can tell me if this a good remake?

Any Spyro fan here can tell me if this a good remake?

Attached: header[1].jpg (460x215, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XNL3crTKaW8
youtube.com/watch?v=C_in65DKyew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not

why

It's a demake if anything. Just play the original three and stop there unless you hate yourself. t. played every single one excluding skylanders which kind of doesn't count anyways

It's pretty good

Worse controls in many occasions, like the flying stages.
Blander aesthetics because of less defined color pallettes, busier geometry and heavily altered character designs.
Spyro 3 remake is rushed and buggy.

They’re still good games, but I don’t see any reason to play the remakes over the originals

Is Spyro going to get an major update like Crash did? Would be nice to fix the lighting and that in places

Yes, they’re good. Rushed in some places, but very faithful in others. I’d still recommend playing the originals if possible, but if not, then this remake is a decent alternative.

>remake ever good
>spyro ever good
lel

Possibly; would tie in nicely with the Switch/PC ports

Yes for 3, ok for 2 and awful for 1, they completely ruined the mood of most of 1's levels and made the sky less prevalent in 2 on top of removing colors.

I enjoyed it. Unless you're a Spyro turbo-autist you probably will too

they kind of fucked up 2 & 3 but the remake of 1 is pretty much perfect

motion blur is annoying though

Attached: 1278045627362.jpg (360x240, 16K)

Not everyone is a boomer who can look at hideous PS1 graphics without throwing up

Yes.

It looked so rushed and SOULLESS.

They were unable to replicate the skyboxes of the original games, Gulp and the Sleepy Wizard Rhyno Arena's got changed for the worst.

I honeslty think 1 is a great remake, and even better than 1 in some parts

Dark Hollow for example is even more comfy with all the book shelves, orange candles and maze off in the distance

youtube.com/watch?v=XNL3crTKaW8

Jesus christ that load time

>Someone is actually mad over the look of the Sleepy Wizard Rhyno Arena, of all things

I'm not mad, just that i prefer the original arena over the new one.

yeah that sucks, load times, motion blur and the skyboxes are shitty

everything is fine, people are shitting on 3 the hardest but I think thats because its aged the worst with the TERRIBLE extra playable characters.

I didn't care as a kid but now they are just frustrating and shit

The answer is the same, every thread. If you like and care about Spyro, you won't like Reignited. If you've never played Spyro and just want a collectathon platformer that's cute on its own merits, you'll like it.

Attached: animation.webm (942x1080, 2.93M)

It's pretty good at what it is, which is a way to introduce Spyro to new generations. It's decent, especially if you haven't played the originals.
That being said, N. Sane Trilogy did an infinitely better job at being faithful to the original games while also improving on them.

they fucked up crashes jump which negates literally everything else

They didn't fuck up Crash's jump, it's slightly tighter. If it's a serious problem for you, you need to get better at games.
The new levels, faithful character designs, better music, playable Coco, Lex Lang, easter eggs, fixed Crash 1, and new time trials more than make up for such a minimal problem.

I want to bully Spyro to the ground and forcibly get him hard and take him into my mouth.

1 is the best, 2 is ok, 3 sucks.
Camera is too close to Spyro, there's some weird collision shit with the walls that makes tight turns impossible. The grass sometimes obscures gems.

They also were unable to make a good new rendition of the songs, just compare both Ripto themes.

Goofy childlike Spyro turned into cool whoa rad hey fellow edge kids.

>hideous

Attached: 1521565821897.png (1920x1080, 540K)

I wonder why they changed the design of Gnasty and his troops, also some NPC's on Spyro 2/3.

They look like bugles

The new Gnasty and Gnorcs are better, the others are terrible.

You talk like N. Sane invalidates the originals outright. It's a fine way to play, but I got news for you.

Attached: image0 (1).jpg (640x928, 213K)

Attached: downloadfile.jpg (493x500, 52K)

It doesn't invalidate the originals, but N. Sane Trilogy is absolutely the definitive way to play them. I'm sorry, but I see no reason to play the originals over the remake when the remake improves on them in so many ways with very minimal downgrades. And I 101%ed both trilogies.

Now that was a game

youtube.com/watch?v=C_in65DKyew
Ok, but i prefer the original appearance for these ones.

Attached: image.jpg (1600x900, 325K)

I enjoyed one and 2, hated III

The flying is way better, too easy actually, wtf are you on about?

Old is literal soul

Attached: downloadfile.png (960x640, 49K)

I'm mad my parents sold my gba and games

Attached: large.jpg (500x501, 213K)

Hopefully the loading times and motion blur should be solvable on PC. Maybe even a skybox replacer.

For the most part, yeah. There's a lot of shit I can nitpick because I've played the originals so much, but if you start with this then it's the version you'll get accustomed to so it won't matter. There are some objective issues though.
>gems blend into the environment because of all the extra grass and shit and because they fucked with the level color palettes
>still a fuck load of bugs, biggest issue for me personally is that Sparx just plain doesn't pick gems up sometimes
>camera is kinda fucked, gets stuck in tight places, Spyro is in the bottom half of the screen when gliding instead of the middle so it's harder to tell exactly where you'll land, camera follows too close in flight levels
>load times are way too goddamn long, flying between levels in Spyro 1 went from like 8 seconds to like 25, pointless REIGNITING text after you die that has to be skipped
>can just barely see under surface of swimmable water, sometimes hard to see enemies

I hate em. You can say the old ones were too vague or limited by the technology or whatever, but they were very memorable designs, the little ones being blobby toad things and the big ones being round with cat ears and cute faces. The new ones are just generic goblin trolls. They were seemingly even gonna replicate the old designs before deciding to change them.

Attached: Gnorc Burglar,1a.png (213x188, 55K)

>die
>loading screen

Attached: 1510145014029.jpg (712x712, 42K)

Attached: iqfctoxigw311.jpg (605x719, 46K)

You can actually skip that, I have no idea why the hell it's even there.

The early design looks way better.

Early design looks too cute. The remodel captures his scowl better.

I wouldn't say either of them capture it.