Comfy stalker thread

comfy stalker thread

post your screenshots, share your stories, recommend your favourite mods

Attached: deadswamps screen.png (801x603, 736K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stalker-ru.gamepedia.com/Литературный_сюжет_2003_года
moddb.com/mods/oblivion-lost-remake/downloads/oblivion-lost-remake-25-english-translation
pastebin.com/6kdiFD7n
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

tfw a grenade yeets you outside of the map mesh and you die in a jojo pose

Attached: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl Screenshot 2019.08.08 - 00.01.52.75.png (1680x1050, 476K)

Planning to play STALKER for the first time?
Consult this Starting Guide!

Then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links:

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.

Attached: stalker guide v1,42.png (1536x1250, 1.1M)

Also complete mod is for braindead morons

Attached: dailyremindercompleteredditors.png (973x1503, 148K)

from stalker-ru.gamepedia.com/Литературный_сюжет_2003_года

Attached: 2003story.png (1021x807, 393K)

people still even mention COMPLETE in 2019 ?

Attached: SoC - COMPLETE shit, bloom.jpg (1280x1024, 170K)

You'd be surprised

This is a great read

Attached: 2003story2.png (1021x899, 439K)

I know this feel

Attached: cccchchcc.png (1920x1080, 1.83M)

Attached: I said come in!.jpg (1920x1080, 407K)

wait what the fuck did you do?

Attached: Picnic.png (349x115, 6K)

Anyone who hasn't read the book or seen the movie needs to do so. Both are great.

Attached: 1561425620393.jpg (1080x828, 69K)

Comfy S.N.E.E.D.K.E.R thread

wrong board

Attached: 2003story3.png (1053x547, 294K)

I think I’ve been playing these games incorrectly. Every time I start a play through of CoP, I follow the main mission, maybe pick up a couple side quests on my way to the garbage and the бap, but after that I start to loose the captivating aspect I had. I liked the vernal survival aspect and dread the game makes you feel, but I feel just following the main story after a while looses my excitement.

I go in these threads and read about close encounters with mutants while hunting for artifacts, mentions of spoopy noises while looking through abandoned buildings, etc. Am I supposed to ignore the story and set out on my own for these feels, do I need some mods? Please, bros, I wanna s.t.a.l.k.

Attached: F6F66759-15A8-48FF-8497-08A559392932.png (1920x1080, 2.08M)

For me the lore and mystery of STALKER sustains it forever, and all the interesting russian mods that actually extend the main questlines and add more maps without just being a boring CoC clone. I recommend getting something really janky and fun as a mod, because those for me are the best. Unless you haven't completed the game with the best ending in which case you should do that first, because it's worth it.

First of all, did you even play SoC and CS?
Because CoP is the third and LAST game in the trilogy, and literally meant for old veterans.

Second... yes; you should "ignore" the main plot missions as often as you can.
I am not joking when I say that I spent a good TWO WEEKS on each and every one of the STALKER games before I played them to the end. And that was WITHOUT any mods of any kind (played all 100% vanilla when they came out), and later on I repeated this with various mods.

That being said, since the game's AI is all dynamic, you may or may not experience unique events, even during linear progression. Though if you do funnel yourself from story point A to B as in a leash, you do sacrifice many ebin chances.

Attached: SoC hunting target story 2017 - game made in 2007.png (1126x445, 58K)

Man how I wish for OLR 3.0

Attached: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl Screenshot 2019.03.31 - 17.25.25.42.png (1680x1050, 3.33M)

WOOF WOOF WOOF
AAAARGHKKMK

cop doesn't have a great main quest, but most of the side quests are pretty good and have some scripted events here and there to make them stand out.
As for exploration, do as you like, but pretty much ever point on the map has something worthwhile for you.
If you really don't enjoy the gameplay then maybe there's a mod that would suit you

some of the earlier patches had pretty insane A-life, I would get swarmed by a massive herd of flesh and boars and had to entrench myself with a shotgun and dwindling ammo supplies in the attic of a house in garbage. Sort of miss that, sort of don't since it made the game unbearable especially in Medpribor (agroprom)

Aren't they working on 3.0?
2.5 is still the true OLR though because 3.0 is going to be full enhanced with modern models, gunplay and shit.
2.5 is the last version that's true to the original vision so if you want to play STALKER the way it was meant to be in 2004, OLR 2.5 is your best bet.

formerly Pripyat

What you talking bout?
Only thing that differs in 3.0 are a few models, like the controller, which were overhauled. In essence the mod still fits the buildzfeel (unlike a mod thats name starts with L), and with addition of True alife and a redone story, itll be much closer to the dizdoks than 2.5,which felt quite raw.

2.5 Is closer to the builds, 3.0 has stuff that hasn't appeared in any builds and was only in design documents. The reason I want 3.0 mainly is so that it's in a 64-bit engine and in general being more modern and with better performance

Attached: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl Screenshot 2019.04.13 - 20.58.37.56.png (1680x1050, 3.7M)

What kind of shit PC do you have that you can't handle 2.5?

Oh just this nothing special I guess

Attached: meme.png (658x524, 37K)

How come it runs bad for you on those specs when my old i7-2600K and 780Ti setup ran it effortlessly?

Guess I gotta get an intel i9-9900K and an RTX-2080Ti to run OLR

This is what I've been trying to figure out, but it pretty much boils down to the mod being built on top of build 1935's X-Ray, and just having a shit-ton of resources for that outdated version of X-ray to handle. Now if all of that stuff was on a 64-bit engine á la OGSR, it'd be buttery smooth. I had a lot of times when looking in a certain direction would drop FPS down to 40 in cordon, without even maxing out grass detail

Maybe it just hates AMD

OLR built on build 1935 xray? The hell are you smoking?

Here comes Dima Igniter

Attached: Dimka.jpg (1366x768, 153K)

OLR isn't running on Build 1935 you fucking retard, it just takes assets from it.
It's literally a SoC mod, in fact Russian original requires SoC to run.
The English one is "standalone" because Russian SoC is different than international SoC so the "standalone" is just premodded Russian SoC.

Why is it using the same loadscreens as that mod, and has an old x-ray icon? It's definitely not based on SoC's engine, you can tell from the way that there are options like activating the 2003 era shaders that you need to download some extra utility file for or something.

Call me back once OLR gets proper English translation for latest patches, and not ancient Patch 2 build that's half google translated.

Loadscreens are literally just textures, piss easy to mod and replace with 1935 ones you retard.
Changing an icon is even easier, you'd know if you weren't tech illiterate.

Why is it so much more dated looking from SoC? Obviously aside from using build assets, the lighting and texture detail all look noticeably worse than on SoC with similar settings

>AMD retard with badly matched prebuilt PC is a tech illiterate imbecile
WHO WOULDA THUNK

OLR literally has a handmade translation for the latest fixx 33
Go on /sg/

>he doesn't know
moddb.com/mods/oblivion-lost-remake/downloads/oblivion-lost-remake-25-english-translation

Moddb says it's for 29 aka patch 2.9, not 33, eat shit.

Not a prebuilt PC, post your specs and how much performance you get in OLR

Because hes probably using static lighting

pastebin.com/6kdiFD7n

Anyway my point was that OLR 2.5 so far is a poorly optimized mod, and it needs a more up-to-date engine to sustain all of the stuff that was added into it. Like the 64-bit engine that has been showcased on OLR 3.0

O suka, spasibo you blyat

OLR3.0 is never ever tier mod that you will wait forever for, much like we waited a decade for 2.5

Attached: 6rfh.jpg (1366x768, 161K)

>forever
2.5 was released like what, 1, 2 years after 1.0?

Favourite stalker? For me it's Strider the chad from CoP

*cheekibreekis your path*

Attached: 1564148109745.jpg (1650x2550, 594K)

1.0 was never in English so it doesn't count.

I mean this summer there was new footage, I'll check it out when it comes out and it'll be cool. Playing through OLR 2.5 was great but I want to experience the buildzfeel in a more stable and polished way

A woman wouldn't last a day in the zone before getting raped.

Attached: Swamp_map.jpg (2075x2001, 3.71M)

Is there a guide for OLR? I heard it's unforgiving.
Also, is there at least a weapon/sleeve model mod for OLR? Those stock ones are fucking horrendous.

>The horrible feeling knowing if Stalker 2 ever is released it'll be shit

Attached: D4V96gLWkAYYdSK.jpg (240x240, 16K)

To play OLR the only thing you really need is the latest handmade translation from Genies of the Zone, the unforgiving part comes from the difficulty combined with the game being a bit cryptic or vague at times but you can solve half of the issue by just using a proper translation like the one by Genies of the Zone

SoC>CS>CoP

Forester or Ganja from Clear Sky

A guide? In what form?
Storyline? The story is pretty straight forward for the most part apart from a few missions. Only 5 tips i have are:
-right after you start the game, run into the last basement and get a piece of bread, then go to the 2 rookies in the village and pray that they have food on sale
-There is a broken ass (but still better than the sunrise you start with) SEVA suit in the building next to Freeman (flea market in Clear Sky), behind one of the windows, on the windowsill.
-Collect artifacts, when you fully fix the Seva suit it becomes an end game tier suit with built in night vision, fixing it at barkeep will take you back at least 3000RU
-There aren't any stashes in the game, like at all. But items that you throw out don't dissapear, ever. So you can create stashes just by throwing shit away in a secluded place.
-Try selling the guns you can collect from the Garbage hangar to the Duty fags on the Garbage - Bar passage, its some easy cash and lots of ammo.
Oh, and make sure to bring a spare flashlight to X18.
As for the arms, no.

I meant the cryptic shit and how supposedly game often fucks you over with giving you 1 time information that doesn't save in datapad and which you can't see again in chatlog or anything.

That's what the notepad is for.
Aside from the code to Lab x18 and the code to Strelok's stash, i dont remember putting much else in my notepad.
If you feel lost, watch Shkrek & Click's playthrough, it's still up to date.
Just beware, its russian.

Cryptic shit has mostly to do with mid-endgame quests and getting the good ending, you need to read your pda a lot and some of the quest areas are vague, one quest had you go into "shining path" to find a thingy for the scientists, but to even get it you had to do a very vague quest for freedom I think which involved finding a specific house pretty much on the border of the location's mesh

Sounds rough, but I'll try.

Had an absolute blast on my last playthrough of AA2 until I got to Red Forest, now I can't be bothered with the rest of it. Feelsbadman.

Oh, and don't forget. When you see a pseudodog evade it if possible.
Same for bloodsuckers.

Are they harder than SoC/CS/CoP?

Any mods with new story/maps and without too much item autism ?

Thinking of giving Anomaly a go since I've played the main campaigns to death. Assuming I don't mind putting up with some inventory nonsense is it any fun?

Pseudodogs are an absolute nightmare in OLR. They have an attack where every 2 seconds they will howl a psionic wave of energy that not only damages your psyche, it also makes your screen dizzy.
Now that would be fine if it wasnt for the fact that he doesnt have an actual animation for that and just does it while attacking you, making him extremely overpowered.
As for the sucker, one bloodsucker is tough, but manageable. But a few bloodsuckers are a death wish. They have much more health than your SoC bloodsucker and deal 2x the damage. Best bet to taking them down is the hunting rifle that Toad gives you loaded with slugs, firing from the right mouse button.