Perhaps one of the most dazzling, post-gaming, psychedelic experiences I've ever had. This game is phenomenal...

Perhaps one of the most dazzling, post-gaming, psychedelic experiences I've ever had. This game is phenomenal. Is this really the peak of gaming? I'm genuinely at a lost as to what to do next.

Attached: saveme.jpg (460x215, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4uDY1flthhw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DUDE LINES LMAO

Lack of music made it boring.

Meh. Try talos principle. Actual puzzle game with actual story. Try your hardest to not spoil yourself.

One of the most pretentious "games" ever made.

>I'm genuinely at a lost as to what to do next.
KYS?

youtube.com/watch?v=4uDY1flthhw

This

I don't care what anyone else says. The game is peak comfy for walking around and doing puzzles. The only bad part is there's no hints for some of them.

>post-gaming

Attached: 1552682443228.jpg (1408x1387, 153K)

Braid was infinitely better

I kind of enjoyed it but I lost all respect for the creator when he bullyied that poor Japanese fan publically in front of a massive fucking audience.

Why don't you charge the gang with it instead?

It's a fun modern interpretation of old screenclickers. The repetition keeps it from being as absorbing as the games that inspired it, and the snippets of text and video you find are a poor replacement for the flavour a real story has.

Pic unrelated

Suicide is what "they" want you to do. Buck up buttercup, learn to take the adversity in stride. Also, don't do thisThe people doing the dirty work may or may not be random innocents being mind controlled.

Hello, Mr FBI.

Don't do it lad.

Attached: 1530186982377.png (640x478, 431K)

>dude what if Myst only had one puzzle

Attached: 1519771496110.jpg (660x644, 107K)

>get gang stalked every single day
t. schitzo
Reading this single point leads me to believe that most of the rest are probably just your paranoid delusions too.
Get help my dudie, it's never too late. Unless it actually is, in which case, uh bye.

Attached: 1537271414844.png (780x801, 121K)

What's Blow working on next? I'd guess nothing.

>The only bad part is there's no hints for some of them.
Did you mean best part?

>tfw accidentally found the secret ending 15 minutes into playing it.

JAI and some shitty sokoban, I think

fpbp it was boring that all the puzzles were some dumb variant of making lines

I would have enjoyed this a whole lot more if what little story was there was outright removed.

What the fuck is post-gaming? Get out of here with your hipster bullshit. The game's fine but it's a game. You can't be post-thing when you're still that thing. God I hope you're in high school.

Attached: 1545423407175.jpg (306x165, 17K)

It was fun, although some of the puzzles drove me mad, especially the bird one.

came here to post this

No it's definitely a bad thing to base your game design and lack of direction on instructing the player to wander around until they find what they should be doing first.

>phone puzzler+walking simulator
dazzling and phenomenal, you got that right OP

on the other hand we got talos principle and antichamber actually interesting puzzle games

based op

best posts itt

2016 GOTY and one of the best puzzlers. Blow is kind of a pretentious ass, but the game is fantastic.

>wander around until they find what they should be doing first
I loved that. Part of what I like about the game is that you piece together the rules as you explore, and you're free to explore and engage with puzzles in any order you want. You quickly figure out that the island is split into several different biomes that act as puzzle hubs for a particular puzzle type, and they're all doing their own thing which doesn't require you to learn anything prior except how to interact with panels. The only exception is the town, but then you realize that the town is supposed to be the last thing you do because of all the different rules, which is cool because it gives you an additional optional goal after you access the mountain.

I got to a point where I didn't understand the gimmick to the puzzles and then I watched a video guide and realized I would have never figured out any of that shit in a billion years

I enjoyed some parts but it kind of sucks to work on many challenging puzzles with the only reward being to do more puzzles when you've got a huge 3D environment to work with. It's cool in games like zachtronics because you're getting better at the mechanics with each new puzzle, but in Witness you have to usually just piece out the one solution the creator had in mind and it's not as rewarding. Also I missed all the environmental puzzles before finishing it and it annoys me I had to get spoiled on it.

The feeling at the beginning of this game is amazing. Learning puzzles intuitively is very satisfying, and solving challenges and having insights is rewarding.
But even the most determined autists will start to get bored with the game's formula, especially when they realize that most "puzzles" are not conventional and will force then to visit the same places thousands of times looking at the same things from various angles until realize that they can form the path on a cloud or on a slope.
The game starts off super rewarding and soon becomes an endless grind where you get distressed and with a paranoia that absolutely ANYTHING can actually be a puzzle. The good feeling of solving something because of intelligence or good insights turns into a mindless "Where's Waldo" but infinitely more boring.

>get stuck on a timed puzzle
>everything online seems to say just hurry
>have no idea how I'm supposed to solve it when the location of the subsequent puzzles seems to be random
>turns out the puzzle to start the timer also shows you the location of the puzzles
Guess it's time I finished this.

But you can just cheat the "Where's Waldo" puzzles, so it isn't that onerous. Don't the obelisks show you the rough direction too?

the environmental puzzles are all easter eggs. You don't need to do any of them to beat the game

My biggest issue is the lack of story. There's no explanation for the island or the statues. You get these audio logs and they keep hinting as to why you are solving puzzles but then it turns out it was all just for the sake of puzzles and there's no story after all. The actual mechanics and visuals are great, although a journal to help review mechanics would be helpful for returning to old puzzle types later, instead of needing a refresher wiki.

I never got bored and I never felt that I was doing something like Where's Waldo. Most of the situations where you have to angle your view of the puzzle pushes you a little to think differently, it's never just find X spot. For example, in the temple when you realize that the branch that is supposed to give you the hint is broken off, so you have to look at the missing piece on the ground and reconstruct the hint in your head.

>puzzle shows you the location of the puzzles
>tfw did it without realizing what the fuck was going on
It was hell