Tf2

Thoughts on tf2 + Do you think it might still last after like, 12 years?

Attached: tf2soldierdoe.jpg (268x268, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

teamwork.tf/community/statistics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sure why not. People still play Street Fighter II for heck's sake.

The last update was jungle inferno, just accept it. There will never be a heavy update, it's just a waste of time and money for valve

I like Tf2.
It's... Very strange, seeing people complain about critical hits and how the game should work for e-sports... I've just never seen the game in such a light before. I've always just accepted the fun it provided. For years...

Depends on your definition of lasting, tf2 has been dead for years but it's a zombie game that's still around, mainly for hat crap

Random crits have been highly criticised from the very beginning. You don't have to think TF2 should be competitive to think they are bad.

I like the free unusuals I got.

Attached: 20190729_120340.png (2125x1668, 760K)

No it's still being regularly played solely because there really isn't a good alternative.

Yeah but that's why crit-free servers exist...

Yes because today's games are so fucking bad that we have to go back over a decade to find anything good to play.

I32690
If it's been around this long already, I really couldn't tell how much longer it'll go

anything not vanilla will not matter since the majority of the community or what is left of it anyway will not experience that

Despite people saying TF2 is dead(which implies no one plays it, let's do a real quick check.....Oh yeah, thousands still play it) it's a great game capable of surviving, the key word is CAPABLE
To keep TF2 alive Valve has to add new shit to it, and cosmetics aren't going to work. They need to add new weapons, not fucking Redskins and warpaints. I'm talking new gimmicks and shit, and to the fags that say that TF2 doesn't need new weapons you understand nothing about keeping games alive. WoW is still alive because new shit is added to keep it from getting stale, TF2 is stale and has only gotten 4 new weapons in the last update. Hell, Valve could completely ignore new weapons for a year if they added a new class. I know they won't, and no I'm not stupid for wanting something new and I give no fucks about your precious "meta". TF2 is in the hands of lazy developers, and no just working on any project you want isn't an excuse. With the amount of content of the workshop, there is no fucking excuse to not have at least a small content update every year.

>you understand nothing about keeping games alive
You understand nothing about why games get long lifespans. They aren't from people who keep playing a game because they get something shiny dangled in front of their face. They're from people who legitimately enjoy the game itself and haven't had anything that can replace the experience it gives, they don't care for gimmicks and adding them only risks driving off the very people who ensure the game stays alive.

Bro, games get stale. It doesn't matter how much you love a game you will get bored of it. I've played TF2 since 2007, the only reason I've stayed is because of the new stuff. Yes I enjoy TF2, yes I enjoy the base game with nothing new, but it doesn't matter how much a person is in love with a game they will burn out and quit for a while. There is no avoiding burnout, and when those people take a break they are no actively playing the game so player numbers drop. Adding new stuff is to ensure a constant flow of players, because anyone with half a brain can understand that you can't rely completely on old fans.

So how come games like chess have remained unchanged for countless years and yet are still regularly played?

That's a fucking board game, and if you consider playing a game during a blackout regularly playing then I have bad news for you

>that's a fucking board game
Why does that matter? Still proves that games don't need to be constantly fucked with to maintain a playerbase. Same goes for sportsball games.

teamwork.tf/community/statistics
14k players, that's literally nothing in modern times

the active playerbase is 70% euro?

yup, probably spaniards and ruskies