Now that the game has settled, actual thoughts on Sekiro...

Now that the game has settled, actual thoughts on Sekiro? Personally after 90 hours of getting all the achievements and some speedrunning I think I can safely classify it as one of my top five favourite games up there with Dark Souls, Resident Evil 4, The Last of Us, and Shadow of the Colossus. Genuinely think this game is a masterpiece.

Attached: deletetwice.jpg (720x405, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/mBNpUHbA
youtube.com/watch?v=uSY_SVd865Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's my first modern from software game and Im digging it. Though I havent finished it yet.

Sekiro is From Software's best game to date.

It's just an incredibly polished title with no fluff bringing it down. Everything is there for a reason.

Boring filler game that I platinum'd in a week.
Can't wait for Elden Ring because it's their actual project.

I don't think there was a single boss I didn't enjoy. Even the Blazing bull became fun when I realised you could jump on top of it as it charged at you.

>Everything is there for a reason.

Robertooooooooooooooooo.

it's my fav FromSoft game

this, what the fuck were they thinking with bloodborne?

Lack variety really hurt the game. You know it's bad when Yea Forums rarely talk about it anymore.

>retard doesn't know the Portuguese were the first europeans to establish connections with Japan and exchange linguistic culture with them
>doesn't know that the Dutch had multiple trading companies there a couple decades later
Armored Knight isn't out of place at all

This game is all difficulty, no fun. Everything outside of boss fights was pretty much filler. Stealth was dumber than Tenchu 1 from 1998.

A soulfull passion project. You can tell they were having a lot of fun making this game. Playing around with Japanese mythology, architecture and culture in general.
Also this is by far the best iteration of Fromsoft's level design and combat.

it's fun the first playthrough but very bad compared to Soulsborne game.

I beat it, but didn't really have fun like I did with all the other From games.

And it's only being talked about again because it was in gaming news recently.

Things Tenchu Stealth Assassins did better than Sekiro

-Stealth
-Story
-Voice Acting
-Level Design
-Music
-Replay Value
-Artificial Intelligence
-Boss fights
-Grappling hook

Yup, the king is still not dethroned.

Attached: Tenchu Stealth Assassins.jpg (544x457, 57K)

Compared to other fromsoft:

Best in combat.
Average in level design.
Average in lore.
Worst in variety.
Worst in replayability.

Overal DS2 level you could say, given DS2 was best in PvP and nothing else.

>dodge
>dodge
>dodge
>parry
>poke enemy for 4 dmg

SURE GLAD ARMORED CORE IS DEAD FOR THIS COLOSSAL FAGGOTRY

>sekiro
>dodge

Attached: xzEwXkT.png (996x332, 183K)

Personally I found it too frustrating to be fun
but then again Im a die hard soulstard I guess I just couldnt adapt

Attached: 1555712291505.jpg (878x960, 152K)

Stop spamming R1. You should be deflecting most of the time.

its not the R1 spam. I just fucking hate that bosses heal back damage when you are not engaging them. It drives me nuts
Im just too used to facetanking everything in souls/bb and in sekiro if you make mistakes the fights drag on forever making it really frustrating

Didn't like the gameplay all that much, but the setting and story actually hooked me up, which is a first one on ant FromSoft game. Acrually enjoying Metal Wolf Chaos a hell of a lot more.

Yeah but on the other hand, you can finish fight really fast. And then everytime you engage the boss again, it's easier to overpower him.

But their posture stops regenerating if you damage them a bit. You can also just keep throwing shurikens at them occasionally to stop the regen from kicking in.

So is the secret of sekiro just to parry and never strike? I started playing the other day and I'm about to fight the horse warlord. I best the chained ogre first try

hardcores cleared it too fast,
normies quit so early,
lack of online kills replay value
not even a memorable meme
so game is basically dead,
do not expect a DLC

Spirit Emblems keep Sekiro from being great. Just let me play with all the tools. You should be doing cool ninja shit with all your tools and moves, but you never use them because you're hoarding fucking emblems. I kind of get what they were going for, but the temple area is the only place with enough enemy density where you can play around with moves and gain back emblems at a decent rate so you can experiment but still have to play smart enough to stay topped off. I'd have done a second playthrough if I didn't have that restriction.

Yeah the spamming guy in a 5m2 room where the camera bugs out was so fun haha truly a From classic

>do not expect a DLC
I think that became obvious when Elden ring was announced

Is this photoshopped?

I was going to put it nicer, but this.

Welp, this is it Yea Forums, think i'm just gonna end it here, I dont think I can take this shit anymore.
>epstien shit has me freaking out
>just lost 3k in stocks
>family wants to kill me
>keep hearing niggers and homos giggling 10 feet from my window every night
>get gang stalked every single day
>older brother has recently came out as a tranny and has admitted he has sexual feelings for me
Since you guys have always been my favorite board, and kept me entertained. I'll return the favor. I'll be streaming my suicide in about 10 minutes. In the mean time, I shall answer any questions, suggestions, etc

>inb4 go out in a blaze of glory
No, not going to ruin other peoples lives.
>inb4 why dont you make your own thread
ISP is blocked or some shit. so just posting this in first thread i see.
>inb4 is there anything i can do to change your mind
Nope, its Happening.

stream URL and quick rundown:
pastebin.com/mBNpUHbA

See you all soon.
~GX

Attached: IMG_2019SJZNW38392_28SANA3.jpg (559x1024, 56K)

Best from soft game that proves that gameplay > everything else.

Bored after 15 hours

I'm probably tired of the souls formula tho, if a boss kill me 10 times I just stop playing, I have no patience to 'git gud' anymore

Their second best game after DaS1

retard

Its my GOTY so far and i dont think its gonna change.

You forgot memes and fun.
youtube.com/watch?v=uSY_SVd865Y

10/10 fun combat. I can't go back to dark souls again.
Bloodborne is still fun though.

The new Fire Emblem is a slightly better contender for GOTY imo for the replayability. The problem I have with Sekiro is that once you beat Ishin, you’ve mastered the game. Further playthroughs were too easy in my opinion. The only boss that remained hard was the Hatred Demon or whatever his name is. I got Ishin on the first time in my 4th playthrough, it felt good but there’s no merit when you know the game by heart. The grind for the last few skills to platinum was also a bit lame but I can’t dunk points for fucking trophies. Overall a stellar game but Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne remain the better From titles

Attached: 87D1A5B7-D640-47B9-90A9-4D8B88DFAB3D.jpg (1280x1280, 245K)

I don't get why people consider Demon of Hatred hard, just parry his stomps and otherwise play against him like a normal dark soul or monster hunter boss. Position actually matter too.

It's meh at best, it's like a weeb version of dark souls with all the creativity of using and experimenting with different builds, weapons and strategies gone. Also what the hell were they thinking implementing stealth so poorly, it adds literally fuck all to the game.

No, you have to parry and strike in between to stop enemy from regenerate posture. Also as enemy lose HP, their posture get broken easier.

Zero replayability. Good game otherwise.

From’s best game. Most fun gameplay and most polished story/world, graphics, sound design, and overall mechanics.

Sekiro is the height of what modern video games can do

Attached: 9789495E-97A9-4CB1-BFBD-330B6B594059.jpg (2430x1537, 983K)

>everything is thre for a reason
O MY SECOND MORTAL BLADE

yikes

this

Did you actually play the game? Stealth is useful. And builds aren’t fun. I just want to play a good game not play dress up.

>builds are "dress up"
dilate, weeb

Sexiest game too

Attached: CA58876E-7C99-4FA4-A03F-DB7D435DA009.jpg (2048x1826, 733K)

First time through, I really loved it but felt like it was a bit short in comparison to first runs of previous games. Especially BB, which was about 30 hours for me. Replayed DaS1, DaS2 and currently on Old Hunters for BB and just from memory I think Sekiro's areas are all meaningful and well designed with no really dull drops of bad areas, areas going on too long and stagnating, or super short "why?" areas.

I am really glad they have different boss fights for the endings too, but it also sucks you can't really do a run for all the bosses. A free DLC boss rush mode would be fun.

>Grappling hook
I'll disagree with you there, it's the one thing I want Tenchu to take from this game, having a button dedicated to it.

They are. None of the builds actually make the game better. The combat remains clunky and floaty with whatever weapon or armour you hold. It’s all dress up to cover up weak mechanics which are purposefully left that way to make the game more “difficult”.

Lore and level design are best in Sekiro as well

Attached: FDE5D743-B8A8-48A2-A1B7-4BC7A07F2524.jpg (2424x1536, 698K)

Good game, not great or amazing. Soundtrack is From's worst since they started Souls games. Art direction is good, voice acting is standard honestly. Gameplay is good but lacks any real depth. Play through the game once and you've seen all it has to offer apart from a couple of gimmicks for your gimmicks that you can barely use because of spirit emblems. Every encounter is ultimately the same, boss or random trash enemy alike. With some more time and smarter development, it could have been much better.

>Lore
literally generic jap shit
>level design
see above

t. Played with English dubs and relied too much on prosthetics

The world is actually fleshed our and integrated with the story much better and actually changes with day/night/season cycles with different enemy placements and mini bosses. It all evolves with the story. And the lore is also beautifully done and actually well thought out and presented to you and there’s many beautiful interplays and histories between characters that you can discover.

Sorry you’re some bitter and racist anglo who can’t see it.

Wrong on both counts, fanboy. Also, relying on prosthetic tools should be encouraged otherwise the game is even duller. The only one I really "relied" on was the axe with its follow up attack because it was fun and it got me into trouble a lot because of how slow it is.

Fromdrones are the worst

>tells me I’m wrong then proceeds to tell me why he should be able to rely on prosthetics more

Lmao get gud. I bet you spammed your shuriken at the boss then got mad you couldn’t do it indefinitely.

Loved the hell out of it, 10/10. That being said if there is a next one I hope they add some more weapons or allow prosthetics to be used more liberally. After going through NG+++ it gets really repetitive.

Nope. Again, I barely used the tools because you're actively discouraged from using them too much because of emblems. Its a poorly thought out mechanic and makes the game worse for it. You're not allowed to experiment and try out new things in an action game so it is ultimately a shallow experience. I see you got gud at sucking obscene amounts of cock though.

>be Sekiro
>be fun to play
>it’s the best From game

See? Was it that hard to make a game with good combat instead of being lazy From? Look how easy it is to become the best by tightening up your combat. Imagine the Souls games with Sekiro combat.

Attached: 9ED72E20-E8D3-4218-9D0F-7F47876B6D16.jpg (1920x1080, 189K)

Ok sure buddy. Hang in there.

SEKINO

Attached: 97DDFB52-85F3-457D-94A7-5292860DCC91.jpg (2048x1989, 848K)

You too faggot. You'll get to the base one day, just hang in there.

You sound mad

Yeah I'm not looking forward to Elden Ring going back to Dark Souls style combat (or at least that's what I assume is going to happen).

The level design is sub-par compared to dark souls, but being able to jump make the exploration a lot more fun.

The maddest I've ever been in life.

extremely good, it's a clear quality over quantity type game. I wish it had the replayability of soulsborne, but I'm very happy with what I got and I'm glad they tried something different

t. Dyatlov

Soulsborne games only have an idea of replay ability with new items thrown at you as the incentive but I never actually go through with it and always drop it because it feels like a chore to play and in the end the gameplay is what matters and it’s just too clunky to suffer through multiple times. I’ve actually replayed Sekiro three times already and I think it has a better model for replayability: make the incentive new abilities and combos, make the story shorter but more focused so that players can replay and also get rewarded by new stories, and make the game fun to play.

Attached: hehe.png (493x493, 340K)

Dressup is awesome though, it would add a lot to sekiro since you would find unique rewards that don't require lots of gameplay design or are of high importance, instead of just finding sugars and shit when exploring

Dress up is not why I play video games

I think bloodborne had great variety in weapons. it wasn't nearly as good as sekiro, but all the fun movesets made me absolutely love it

Like all From games it's overrated trash

>Not playing hentai dressup games on newgrounds when you were as kid

meant the combat wasn't as good, not variety

People weren’t playing those for the gameplay

literally not a single item is useful

the arm is underutilized

mini-bosses reused too much

fountainhead palace felt like halfway through the game but it was the last area

apart from those its great

Probably the only solid game FROM has shat out since Miyazaki assumed direct control, still has glaring flaws but much better than Soulshit at its core.
Its greatest sin was still keeping all those graphical elements from Souls that have inevitably tarnished its name and identity, as it is, Sekiro will never stand out on its own and forever be compared to Soulshit even though it shares very, very litte with it.
>-Boss fights
No, Tenchu is great and you're mostly right on the rest, but the boss fights are the worst part of the game, not just because they're awful, but because the game has awful combat mechanics, like the rest of the series.
They're hardly comparable either way, one is a mission based, primary stealth based game with some pretense of combat, multiple characters and scoring, the other is an open world action game with focus on fights and a pretense of stealth.
>inb4 B...BUT MIYAZHACKY SAID IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A TENCHU GAME
I was also supposed to be the new King of Siam and saviour of mankind but it ultimately didn't happen.

It's a solid game but it didn't really leave any lasting impression on me, I beat the game twice and there really isn't any reason to go back for more unlike Souls and Bloodborne where I can always try something new to keep it fresh

The items are very useful and so are prosthetics. You really have to experiment with them to find out their proper uses, and some combat arts like living force help to make prosthetics even better.

Attached: 37474817y72.jpg (2560x1920, 1.79M)

I loved the aesthetics of this game. It’s like a Japanese haiku

Attached: 931F88A7-21AB-424E-8E25-E9D893B4F5AF.jpg (2048x1660, 886K)

It's a rip-off of Tomb Raider.

It should be criminal for a game to have this much SOUL

game is legitimately beautiful but your phone camera pains me

Attached: sekiro_2019_06_24_17_57_21_475.jpg (2560x1440, 2.62M)

>still sealed
you didn't even play it did you jamal

Weird it doesn’t pain me

Attached: 5A5278DE-BF00-4A73-8081-AFAF50639B01.jpg (2048x1785, 1.43M)

Can we all agree that if you played Sekiro without the japanese dub you unironically got the soulless experience?

I'm replaying it with the english dub right now, and while the dub isn't bad, it just feels wrong somehow. Almost fraudulent.

Attached: 1411229978636.jpg (265x308, 25K)

How have you managed to maintain a 2004 camera phone in operating condition for 15 years?

Yup. I cringe any time I hear English dubs in the YouTube vids. It sounds so shit and wrong. Dunno how anyone can do that by robbing themselves of the true experience.

Attached: EC3C86DC-2CEB-4F0B-9800-930C376413FA.jpg (2196x1537, 843K)

It’s an iphone7 and you’re just getting the zoomed in portion.

>Missing out on Kenjiro Tsuda
>Being EOP

Attached: Jinza.jpg (710x623, 350K)

Never ever use the digital zoom of any camera on anything whatsoever.

I’m not zooming in, just cropping out the parts that show the monitor. Iphones take unnecessarily large resolution pics.

These pictures look better on a phone though when you don’t look at them blown up. Like so.

Attached: 661FA554-53EB-4689-93F5-4F3C18F81268.jpg (750x665, 647K)

My thoughts is it's just sort of shit

Now compare this screenshotted pic with the actual pic the iPhone took. Unnecessarily huge and it makes it look a bit fuzzy.

Attached: 74DF7466-078D-431F-B2C7-CAE26DB72CBE.jpg (2048x1867, 1.15M)

>Sekiro isn’t scar-

Attached: E51D0F14-D8FB-44B1-A173-F1B6485362AC.jpg (2568x1536, 655K)

I absolutely love the combat, gives me a similar feeling i get when playing fighting games, you gotta deal with situations in a specific way or you'll get fucked and it could cost you your life.
Made me wish that there was a similar game that has a lot of depth to the combat but with a bunch of different weapons that play differently but have similar rules and good balance, like a mix of act and fighting game (Soulsborne isn't like that at all), like different kinds of attacks, different parries, and with a concept similar to highs, lows and mids, inb4 For Honor, no thanks.

user, I just want to salute you for a having a reasonable opinion and posting like a human being instead of the standard Yea Forumstard

Too bad his opinion is shit

Attached: 7EEAA10F-230B-486D-A99B-7A29CD8BFC10.jpg (2520x1536, 542K)

It's really good. I basically ignored the tools because the basic deflect and attack gameplay was so fun to me.

Makes me want to go hiking around Japan. Plus as a Buddhist I can connect to a lot of the imagery in the game

Oooommmmmm

Attached: A164FBBA-98D9-4C50-9CCF-FABD48BA8F3E.jpg (2466x1536, 812K)

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, but got bored during my third Playthrough. I was forcing myself to get the platinum though, I should’ve taken a break. Can’t wait for the dlc if there is one.

>t. filtered

I’m stuck at Seven Spears and the lightning guy at the top of Ashina so I’m just grinding out trash mobs around the castle to hopefully get a new skill

Do I lose skill points if I die? I just started playing again and I don’t remember how this shit works

Requesting the kino graphic with various scenes from the game in one pic, the game had some mesmerizing scenes.

I dont know about top 5 but definitely one of my favourites.

Nah, you only lose the progress to the next skill point, but you'll never lose the skill points you've already earned.

Disappointing, honestly, just didn't enjoy it as much as Dark Souls.

Fun game for artificially hard, most enemies rely on cheap tactics like having special moves when your healing, specifically to counter you healing, and unblockables are dumb as fuck.

But it was fun and I enjoyed it. The absolute worst was that there wasnt an auto cutscene skip, because going from running, to load screen, to 3 seconds of cutscene, to loading screen really killed my enjoyment especially vs isshin. The game could have benefited by putting you next some bosses instead of needing to have a 20 second run up to them.

thanks nigguh

Attached: 204C65C4-E2EE-411C-AE48-1206F9B408D9.jpg (472x472, 70K)

Best fromsoft game by far.

You lose half of your progress bar and half of your money, but you never lose skill points you’ve earned. Also full on dying (i.e. having to be respawned at a statue) increases dragonrot infestation in NPCs so be sure to stock up on dragon tears!

No problem bro, just hope it goes better for you than it did for me.
>Spend 4 hours farming dudes for skillpoints
>Never once use the skills/abilities

Attached: 1547153473268.jpg (640x532, 32K)

You can skip cutscenes bro. Click start. Also Sekiro is the least “artificially difficult” From game. The combat is actually fleshed out and good enough to master for any person, not just autists.

Oooooommmmm

Attached: 458F63BE-10E4-4310-9C7F-9A491F197A55.jpg (2048x1559, 664K)

>cheap tactics like having special moves when your healing, specifically to counter you healing, and unblockables are dumb as fuck.
unblockables are one of the pillars of sekiro's combat system and it would be completely boring garbage otherwise. More unblockables and different ways to react to them would have been good.
finding a safe time to heal is one of the most basic skills and complaining that enemies take advantage of you during the animation is baby-tier. if anything enemies lunging at you when there's an opening is great design. Learn to heal during their backswings

My favourite game Miyazaki's directed. Definitely GOTY so far for me.

Skipping cutscenes takes time and puts you into a third loading screen and is cumbersome as fuck. Why not just give me the ability to put me instantly into the fight instead of wasting 10 seconds loading only for a dumb fucking cutscene i've seen 1000 times

You mean Soulsfags? They haven't played Armored Core or Steel Battalion or any of the mecha games. Fromdrones tend to be mechafags who are still upset theres not Armored Core 6.

Going so ‘barebones’ is more satisfying in Sekiro than any other previous Souls game, bar none. They expect way more out of you than an ‘unga’ naked build with a giant hammer where you roll, R1, and run around.
For the most part, gutting nearly all major customization has allowed them to make their most elaborate and involved fights. Elden Ring is fucked if it forgoes all that for dressup.

>farming in sekiro
Yikes

I’m workin on the Ashina skill tree that looks like it’ll give me more posture damage potential

This sounds like an issue for consoles. There’s no loading screens for me before or after any cutscene. Only time I get loading screens is changing levels with Buddha statue.

Attached: DC44480C-5270-4BEC-AD84-36CBBFB2DAED.jpg (1706x2048, 1.08M)

>Skipping cutscenes takes time and puts you into a third loading screen and is cumbersome as fuck
Literally fuck off. I played it on a base Xbox One and it didn't take any notable amount of time.

I played on PS4 and loading times were abysmal, they were 20-30 seconds and caused my to put down the game right at isshin until I picked it back up and finally beat him 2 months later.

As a guy who only plays these games through once, I liked Sekiro more than DS2 or 3. The combat is better than in Souls games and the art direction is really good, I don't understand how people can say that the locales are unmemorable. The game feels well paced with little filler. I get that Sekiro is a disappointment if you enjoy playing around with different builds but I don't really care about that.

No sweat, you can safely ignore what I said then because those skills are the shit. Just some lategame skills are a bit lackluster when compared to 'beginner' skills.

Attached: 1537878068612.jpg (400x400, 17K)

Good game, but has nowhere near the appeal of Souls games for me. It's just a much less compelling package overall. Probably my least favorite game of theirs, hope Elden Ring steers in the other direction.

Attached: sekiro_beat.png (959x88, 11K)

>he thinks dark souls is good
>he thinks sekiro is good
>he thinks the last of us is good
what are you doing on Yea Forums when you should be on reddit, you disgusting normalfag

I really, really liked it, but it might be because I haven't played a Souls game since Dark Souls and thus haven't been burned out on the genre.

Elden Ring will be kino dont worry

But Sekiro is not a Souls game or RPG. It’s more akin to Zelda or MGR

>DS1, 2 and 3
>blatantly more rushed than DeS, BB and Sekiro
I don’t trust Bamco. If Elden Ring ends up anywhere as rushed as those three I’ll stand convinced FromSoft works with them mostly for cash boosts - which in turn helps them finance better games.

Place your bets everyone

Attached: Owl VS Sword Saint Isshin 2(2)(2).webm (1080x720, 2.75M)

This.

>Imagine the souls games with Sekiro combat
What would you rahter: Bloodborne playing as the Wolf without hookshot or Sekiro playing as the Hunter with a hookshot?
Both ng+ after completing their respective games

Attached: BlankSpace.png (492x376, 121K)

dumbass owl is already nearly dead so it's going to eternal chad isshin

Well, there's nothing quite as impressive as the lothric castle vista

It was fun when it first came out and Yea Forums was complaining that it was too hard while actually talking about their experiences with the game. Now you just get half the people shitting on it and half justifying it.

It's a fun game that's worth a playthrough, fuck discussing it on Yea Forums anymore though.

>he doesnt know
Hohohoho

Hellllll yeah I just learned Ascending Carp and then got Seven Spears immediately on my next try

IT HAS BEGUN, user
KILL EVERYTHING

Attached: 1565278613782.png (328x396, 143K)

Shits all over Bloodborne, honestly. And this is coming from someone who bought a PS4 just for Bloodborne.

One of the best games ever created so far. But I do believe they can do even better.

This game is beautiful to play and look at.

Attached: Dragon Fight.webm (1920x1080, 2.08M)

Literally the first game in over a decade I liked so much that I played it three times almost in a row.
Last game s I had that was when DMC 3 released.

Armored Warrior is the most interesting character I have seen. Their design is based, or just is, the Nanban dou gusoku, a samurai armor made with western techniques that the japanese inverse engineered during the highly regulated cultural exchange of the period. Basically what FROM did indirectly was to re-create a rare historical piece.

Attached: NanbanDo.jpg (278x541, 84K)

I wish people would stop making full resolution webms when they end up looking really compressed to fit in the filesize.

Underwhelming and overrated.
I expected much more from the narrative and scale, and the gameplay is just too simple. It's barely any more complex than soulshit even though it's not an rpg.
Stealth was underwhelming
Story underwhelming
Combat underwhelming
Locales was underwhelming
From played it way too safe.

Armored Warrior is literally a European dude in full Plate.

Hiro should increase file size for Webms and also allow audio streams. Gifs have a limit of 4mb and Webms have 3mb. Da fuck?

Attached: Shuriken back at ya.webm (1920x1080, 2.21M)

The game looks nice but when it came out, I was between jobs so I didn't buy it to save money.

Is it good?

This site is forgotten. Reminder that Russian Yea Forums is superior to this trainwreck in every way.

Do you know how to convert a bash script to batch? Got a script that converts to webm that uses ffmpeg that makes this easy but it's in bash.

Yes, the plate is westerner but details shows Samurai aesthetics. I don't know if the helmet is japanese or euro tho.

Attached: armored-warrior-gallery-3-wiki-guide.jpg (1920x1080, 259K)

Average
Worth it on sale.

I played a normal run and ng+ without kuro's charm and demon bell for the true ending (with the second fight with owl) and enjoyed myself A LOT. I felt no need to play again because 2 runs are more than enough to see all there is to see, and that's fine. I'm not even interested in DLC unless they let you play another character in side story.

Both the final boss and the second owl fight were amazing.

It's very good. It's a unique and memorable experience that's very very polished.

If you're busy you might also appreciate the fact that it's a more compact and focused story and very much built for repeat playthroughs, so you won't feel as tired playing it as Souls games which seem neverending at times.

Attached: Sekiro vs swordsmen.webm (670x348, 2.55M)

>cliffhanger ending

Attached: 1557167839426.jpg (500x400, 51K)

Shura ending Isshin is harder than other endings.

Attached: Isshin Ashina.jpg (1212x682, 73K)

I loved it

but I will probably never play it again unless they release dlc

>no online

Attached: dog_vomitting.jpg (728x546, 56K)

Attached: ashina crosses.webm (720x375, 2.7M)

very good for one playthrough and short enough that getting the other endings isn't a pain in the ass
would have liked more variety in the second half of the game though

>you cut off your head
>cliffhanger

Attached: ashina outskirts.webm (1920x1080, 2.06M)

>and very much built for repeat playthroughs

but don't you have fuckall for build variety compared to Souls?

I have absolutely no idea how to do any of this myself, I just use Yea Forums webm maker which uses ffmpeg as well and lets you set the output resolution. webm for retards is also widely used

Attached: The Big O 01 [anon32][E-D][EF5512F7].webm (640x480, 1.03M)

Attached: GenichiroFight.webm (854x480, 2.86M)

Damn wish I knew about those before just making one myself. Probably the exact same thing anyway.

Attached: 1565621124.png (565x307, 35K)

>he didn't get the Return (Dragon's Homecoming) Ending where the Divine Child literally states that this is only the beginning and it ends on Sekiro and the Divine Child setting out on a huge cross continental journey to China in order to find the birthplace of the Divine Dragon

Depends on what you like about games. Sekiro has a good story with well developed characters that have different endings depending on what you do and what choices you make. It carries the story with good gameplay and unlockable combat arts and prosthetics upgrades, which all tie into the core gameplay. Your incentive to replay it is the fact that it's a tight and focused game that's fun to play.

If you think that all of that doesn't matter because you can't dress up your character, then maybe Sekiro isn't for you.

Attached: MistFeathers.webm (854x480, 2.62M)

Well on the bright side you spent some time making a functional tool, and I applaud that

>Be me
>Finish and plat all the souls saga including Nioh
>Have PC/PS4
>Over 3000 hours in all the saga
>Buy Sekiro
>Good graphics
>Nice atmosphere.
>Get in to the ogre boss
>Die 20 times in arrow due to horrible dodge system and "Press X to avoid insta kill"
>Most retarded/horrible healing system.
>Everything in the game 1-2 shot you and all the mobs around the map are pointless/HP-sponge.
>Everything needs to die in 1 hit or just skip
>Parry system feels awful and doesn't fit in the game at all.
>Horrible learning curvature means you have to die 20-30 times against the same boss or watch a guide of how to " bug/glitch" the enemy.

I re-started the game 3 times in arrow and made it to the fire cow then never touch it again.

I had 0 fun beating boss and actually don't want to progress in the game because it will get worse while your tools are limited and you still will get 1-2 shot so big no for me.

i just arrivedin mibu village, guardian ape still alive. shall i progress or kill gurdian ape first?

>Unironically getting filtered by the ogre and blazing bull and posting about it.

Bruh...

Attached: close call.gif (444x250, 3.93M)

Game felt even more half baked than their previous titles. So many conflicting design choices, things that just went nowhere, or just flat out had no purpose.

>the whole deflection system seems like it was added on at the last minute since the skill and prosthetic trees didn't even really support it outside a couple of abilities in skills or perhaps it was the other way around?
>skills/prosthetic trees felt like fluff because of previous point, none particularly useful outside of a handful of passive things
>itemization, or lack thereof, was a garbage fire and you'll picking up the same handful of trash for the entire fucking game. Yet another thing that felt like it was slapped on without thought.
>no incentive to actually explore anything because of previous point
>grapple points, couldn't even be bothered to make a free movement system like Tenchu and the points themselves look terribly out of place
>half baked stealth elements that feel paper thin compared to actual stealth games and are never considered critical to the game
>existence of strange enemies like the ogre that seem to go against the very nature of the deflection system but are not balanced with that in mind so they're just awkward health sponges
>the constant back and forth with Kuro at the castle that should have just been removed or simplified. There's no other points in the game where there is this much conversation being had. Were npcs originally going to be more important?
>all in all the game just feels like two different games that were mashed together and neither managed to be fully realized

I'd agree with you if there was more to the gameplay, but it's really repetetive. Enemies are uninteresting to fight, complexity and depth is low and there's not really much you can do with the prosthetics.

If you kill the guardian ape the ape duo spawns at the entrance to hidden forest I think (I'm not sure though since I usually kill GA first before I move on to Mibu, so I always see the double ape).

You are just a shitter my dude.
I first tried Ogre and thought it was hilarious and ridiculous when I went on Yea Forums and saw people stating how they had been stuck on fucking Ogre for 2 hours.

end boss of mibu is easy so get the extra attack power if you want
also 2 easy beads if you want hp

The game peaked here

Play more. Prosthetics are great and you need to learn to use them properly. The gameplay is very deep and varied. It's not the game's fault most souls players just played it like souls and circled enemies and tried to do guerilla hit and run tactics then found the game boring.

Attached: Ape Raped.webm (1280x720, 1.94M)

Oh and I forgot to mention dragonrot which ended up being completely fucking irrelevant and only existed to stop npc questlines that weren't even worth fucking doing in the first place. This shit was even more poorly thought out than covenants.

This is pasta btw

I would take the second boss of Nioh ( the succubus that everyone complained when game released) than any other boss in Sekiro.

Against the bitch you only had to adjust your weight and dodge in low stance. But In Sekishit

>Woops didn't parry or dodge on the exact moment? back to the lamp.

> dmc3
Dilate nigger

if you red gourd it you can pretty much parry everything

>If you think that all of that doesn't matter because you can't dress up your character, then maybe Sekiro isn't for you.

I don't mind that you can't dress-up but you just have a sword and some tools and that is it

Is this the boss that can kill you the fastest after reviving?

Yeah dragonrot was a let down, but I think Yea Forums overhyped it too much and got me thinking it'd turn the game upside down

Heathen scum

i've completed the game once, it was a blast, really, but i just can't enjoy it anymore after one playthrough, i know every secret and item locations, every weakness of every boss, and i guess there is just not enough replay value to this game, sadly
not that it makes game bad, just not replayable for me

it would never work with so many weapons, From explained that Sekiro only has one weapon because of the combat system

Attached: Sekiro spear.webm (540x256, 836K)

>Sekiro is From Software's best game to date.
No, that's bloodborne
And no matte what they do, they will never top bloodborne unless they release another sony exclusive

>it's more replayable because it has less content
What kind of cope is this?

For (you)

>play more
I literally finished it and killed Ishin in 7 tries and got the most complex ending to obtain.
I mastered the systems, deflection and the prosthetics.
I never played it like Souls and never circled enemies unless I was required to (Demon of Hatred)
The game is barely any deeper than Souls, you're overrating it massively in my opinion.

Quantity=/=Quality

That's why people don't consider Borderlands the best game ever made, kiddo.

Nigger, how does it feel to be 老耄?

>It's not the game's fault most souls players just played it like souls and circled enemies and tried to do guerilla hit and run tactics then found the game boring.

to be fair, it does have that vibe of being a Souls game so I don't blame people for trying to play it like a Souls game

It's not my fault you are saying stuff that indicates you didn't learn more about the mechanics. The prosthetics are very useful if you know how to use them and the amount of movesets and combos you can do is vastly better than the movesets you get in Soulsborne games. This is a fact, and denying this just makes me think you didn't really learn the game.

I almost got baited

Attached: bell dodge.gif (480x270, 994K)

they need to just make a straight up action game if they want to go in this direction. pretty much everything in the game other than the combat is way undercooked.

the tutorial teaches you to deflect before teaching you to dodge so it should be obvious that it's the main way of avoiding damage

sekiro is really small game with simplified asthetics weaponvariations factions and lore, pretty much every way cheaper than bloodborne.

Soulsfags are so annoying. Item descriptions are not an adequate replacement for an actual story and characters with character development. Sekiro is 100 times more developed than any Souls sandbox with hints of a story.

So many zoomers still butthurt to this day that they can't play dressup in Sekiro.

Attached: mada mada.gif (480x270, 2.54M)

This nigger game knows it shit

Sekiro captured Japanese culture so well. I'd be proud to have made such a game for my nation.

I only like Demon Souls, I’m not really sure what you’re trying to argue. I guess this game is better than the Dark Souls sequels but that’s hardly saying anything.

Demon's Souls isn't any different from Dark Souls. DeS was my first Souls game as well but I find it to be lesser than the DS series and I also prefer Sekiro over it.

Attached: fireysneak.webm (1920x1080, 896K)

I enjoyed it immensely. A solid 9/10. My sole gripe is that I missed the variety in weapons, though I recognize that allowed them to deepen the sword combat so much as well.

d-did you not read the piece of text earlier in the game literally talking about it?

we have this discussion every 2 days

>they will never [make anything better] unless they release another ... exclusive
What's your logic behind this statement?

I mean, and you probably know this since you acknowledged lack of adaptation, that's just a bad strategy. On the positive side, it means you could replay those Souls games as well without facetanking everything and playing them in a fun new way.

>there are people on Yea Forums RIGHT NOW who will tell you that Sekiro isn’t the best GAME (keyword here) From has made because it doesn’t have enough skins or online connectivity

You can literally make the crappiest game and just add lots of skins to it and some online and voila you have the best game ever made to them. No wonder Fortnite is popular amongst zoomers.

Attached: 950EF8F4-93DC-4D54-BFF9-0ECBB86360C7.jpg (2480x1536, 791K)

This. The game made me want to buy a kabuto and unironically wear it.

Attached: 20190504002452_1.jpg (1920x1080, 418K)

japanstudio + fromsoftware
bloodborne quality is miles from darksouls 1 2 or 3
sekiro was tight little package with nice polish but not much better than ds3 quality

Bloodborne is just another souls clone though. I really don't see it as anything special. It's good and I like the unique world, but it's not something that blows me away like Sekiro.

>compares it to soulsborne because literally any other action game takes more effort than Sekiro
Pottery
Sekiro is literally puddle-deep compared to a real action game like Ninja Gaiden Black.

I've never had any patience for these games.
I've played plenty of other hard games where you die a shit load but for whatever reason I just get so down whenever I fuck up in these games and just quit at one point or another. Doesn't help that the combat feels slow as shit, like you're trying to overcome arthritis every time you swing your sword. I feel like very few people genuinely enjoy these games and are just saying they do to fit in, because so much of what is present here has got other games completely crucified (shitty animations, clipping issues, cheap difficulty); hell even other From games. You just cannot at a fundamental level criticise these games at all; you're not allowed to else you're just told to GIT GUD XD.
Looking at Sekiro and the way they position their characters in scenes just shows me how cheap the presentation still is even though apparently they had Activision backing them.

That all being said I keep getting them in the hopes that one day I might bring myself to finish one of them but no dice as of yet.

Attached: 36003139-closeup-portrait-of-dumb-clueless-young-nigger-arms-out-asking-why-what-s-the-problem-who-c (1300x992, 89K)

Fuck I just got to the part where you have to return to Kuro with all the shit and you had to choose between breaking and not breaking the iron code. I thought the "true ending" choice was to not break it because at the very beginning of the game they tell you that. I still have to beat the bosses and the second phase of Isshin Ashina is kicking my ass and I barely even have the motivation to keep going because this is clearly the bad ending.

>implying Sekiro is not a souls clone

yeah if you are brainlet, best parts of the sekiro comes from visual clues like where the stagnating rivers/waters come from and and jorney to the source of it.

>polished sound design
CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG SQUISH SQUISH CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG THUNK SPLAT …….urgh SE......KI.....RO...….

It's the least cloney Souls clone if you want to be pedantic.

>relied too much on prosthetics
You're a fucking ninja mate. There is no code of honour like with samurai; their core philosophy is just whatever it takes to win.

You got what you deserved for throwing your lot in with the most untrustworthy man alive.
Now go get your bad ending so you can get a better one in ng+

>still upset that Sekiro incorporated ambient music even outside of boss battles with contextual cues indicating enemy fights or a new area and is more memorable than the blaring orchestral noise of Souls games

Sekiro is unironically From's best audio work if you are an audiophile.

So do that. Don't be a fucking dumbass and waste your emblems on blocked shurikens

>OOOOOHHH YOOOOOO I LIKE DA FRIED RICE AND DIM SIM JAPAN NUMBAH 1 RAPE OF UNIT 731 NEVER HAPPENED KIMOCHIIIIII KAWAII MY HIPS ARE MOVING ON THEIR OWN
What did Yea Forums mean by this?

I agree. Hearing the wet pitter patter of raindrops on soil in the Hirata Estate level gave me some intense ASMR

Attached: 7CF43B46-6A25-42DE-A31E-E2823DA47B7A.jpg (2048x1927, 913K)

It's the least absolutely, but it is also absolutely a souls clone.
It is littered and filled with design from souls, some shit is just straight up copy pasted.
From are hacks, they are too scared to actually branch out too far because they can't do anything well other than soulshit so they're just sticking with it.

you need more insight.
lore that is fused in game mechanics, characters and surroundingd are mindbending. like rally/guidance rune/tiny being of lights/story of ludvig for example.

Attached: bb history..png (1896x4870, 979K)

I dunno, I thought Masataka Oniwa screaming his name at the top of his lungs was better done than in the chink version.

>the Sekiro hating spaz is a brainlet racist

Wow I am so surprised (not)

Attached: 93E315EA-EEAE-46CA-9B07-0B19716D82BD.jpg (2048x1705, 981K)

>he thinks there's only one
Deluded.

Sekiro does that as well but much better. Even combat arts and items have a backstory related to characters you meet and know. Bloodborne still uses a Souls type of storytelling and it brings it down in comparison to Sekiro.

I actually didn’t imply that. “The Sekiro Hating Spaz” is a title, not a singular person.

Yeah I guess. I was just expecting the game to reward you for keeping your oath.

>racist
Sekiro is pure garbage and you should feel bad for liking it.

Attached: 1560090089839.png (644x644, 936K)

I wish there was more content to it. Once the controls of the game click it's pretty fun to just blitz through everything.

I’m gonna do it!

Attached: 7F64F87C-FBF0-4C18-803B-35E3CED40798.jpg (2048x1876, 910K)

Ok my well adjusted friend

Attached: 374847262837.jpg (2560x1920, 1.72M)

sekiro does well what it has, but there is much less history, factions, philosophies or details like fucking flowers mold or rocks and it does not go as deep. the blood itself and what it is and what comes from it got so much story that you could write a fucking book from it.

You do get a unique combat art for your trouble
And it's a good ending in its own right, so see it through to the end

>or watch a guide of how to " bug/glitch" the enemy.

Attached: 1514075541961.jpg (764x740, 51K)

>Didn't eat the rice and got the shitty ending.
How long is a second playthrough an average? I don't think i ever replayed a game in my life.

Attached: sadcat2.jpg (1024x1015, 114K)

Cute sheets my dude

The Souls games aren't that good either. They came out at a time when everyone was just starting to get sick of easy games, so this allowed them to once again flex over casuals and give them a reason to justify their hobby. Everyone else just kind of fell in line after that out of fear. Notice how any time anyone praises these games it's just vague empty platitudes (you feel so good after overcoming a challenge beating your head against a wall for two hours, doesn't hold your hand, muh lore). You're not allowed to criticise them at a base level.

I hope From continues to make games like Sekiro and they divert from their Souls formula more. I like games like Bloodborne and The Surge (I know it’s not From) but they still felt slightly too “soulsy” for me. Sekiro was a breath of fresh air for me and I enjoyed it more as a first time experience than any other From game thus far.

I don't think you're in a position to call anyone else maladjusted. After all you're the person who thinks Sekiro is a good game.

Attached: 1562986579520.jpg (640x480, 112K)

NG+ gets easier since you have more skills and health and items (as long as you don’t go charmless). Also since you’ve basically learned the game you should be able to breeze through it. Plus you might find more things that you missed on a first play through. It’s worth it to get the different endings I think.

I agree, i fucking love it and am sad that the game probably won't see any DLC since they seem to have shifted focus to elden ring.

New Game+ is boring as fuck. Don't bother.

Sekiro proved most soulsfags get frustrated fast with challenging games, and this is coming from a huge Dark Souls fan.
Get the RPG and grinding elements away from them and they'll be stuck at the first miniboss for hours, totally hopeless.

super fast. my first playthrough was probably 25-30 hours, i replayed the game 5 or 6 additinal times in the same time (e.g. subsequent playthroughs took like 90-120 mins on average). rushing bosses is one of the best parts of sekiro.

what games would you classify as mechnically superior? there are thousands of videogames out there and most are garbage, so please name at least 15-20 games in a similar genre to be taken seriously here.

Sounds more to me that you’re simply more enamoured with BB’s aesthetics. Everyone has their tastes and I guess BB spoke to you more. That said, Sekiro has plenty of things about it that are alluring or intriguing and full of mystery which could be expanded on in fanfics and sequels. You just have to be aware and appreciative of them. Personally, I found Sekiro’s world and storytelling much more beautiful and mature and I appreciated its laconic style since it’s a game about Japanese culture.

All I want is a game that isn't a total bore because it has to cater to mental cripples

Why can’t I be Sakuza-sama bros? She’s just asking for the Big Shinibi Cock

Attached: 6F653255-8023-4273-B47B-5C1C616B1584.jpg (2048x1872, 1.17M)

*shinobi

>people treating Sekiro, Bloodborne and Souls as if they were all part of the same franchise
>sekiro is too different from past From Software games with similar control scheme, so it's bad
>implying a smaller, more focussed game is bad

>One of the former researchers I located told me that one day he had a human experiment scheduled, but there was still time to kill. So he and another unit member took the keys to the cells and opened one that housed a Chinese woman. One of the unit members raped her; the other member took the keys and opened another cell. There was a Chinese woman in there who had been used in a frostbite experiment. She had several fingers missing and her bones were black, with gangrene set in. He was about to rape her anyway, then he saw that her sex organ was festering, with pus oozing to the surface. He gave up the idea, left and locked the door, then later went on to his experimental work.
>He was about to rape her anyway
Are the Japanese based and, dare I say it, redpilled?

Attached: 1557525242290.jpg (349x349, 21K)

I actually only realized on my second playthrough that the Jinzaemon guy by the Bottomless Pit was actually following the shamisen sounds of O’Rin. I totally didn’t connect the dots on my first playthrough and I felt retarded for it.

>>people treating Sekiro, Bloodborne and Souls as if they were all part of the same franchise
Because they pretty much are, mechanically. Sekiro is probably the only significant deviation from the regular formula for the last ten years because of its speed and movement mechanics, and even then most bosses are functionally similar anyway.

>people treating Sekiro, Bloodborne and Souls as if they were all part of the same franchise
This is what triggers me the most. People can't accept the fact that a company can try different formulas with different appeals. I can understand Souls-Bloodborne comparisons to a certain extent, but Sekiro is its own thing with its own set of mechanics.

Quite so my good chum

Attached: 318E678F-643E-47EF-8A81-BF7F3C5B5FA4.jpg (2048x1883, 731K)

these games take years to form connections and i got lot of them with bloodborne and it literally makes one mad if you try comrehend the some most fuckd up connectins the game has like mensis brain/messengers/mergo/doll/winterlantersn but there clearly is one.

to be honest sekiro hasent yet formed well for me, it go sacred places/shrines ropes different believes on immortality and being resembling a great one that came from west and stagnation parasitic centipedes, that reminds me of vermins witch i found most interesting parts of the story maby because they are really bloodbornish.

It is bad.

Tell me about O-Rin, why does she wear the basket?

you can call das and bb soulsborne but you could call bb+sekiro bornekiro as well bloodborne is the middle piece that got the rpg of the soulsgames and action focus of sekiro. dark souls and sekiro are pretty far from each other tho

Yeah like I said you’re seeing more in what speaks to you. It’s really no different in terms of scope of ideas for Sekiro, you just have to be receptive to it. Death and honour and patriotism and Buddhist themes on cycles and escaping samsara and eminence of both good and evil spirits among us, plenty of stuff to appreciate. And the thing that makes Sekiro more special to me than Bloodborne is how it tells those stories and ideas. They’re not just done through item descriptions but they take an active role in the story and development of characters. They are much better intwined with the whole game, and feels much less lazy as a result.

This game should have had more actual platforming sections. I don't think anything here actually requires skill, just a few moments of observation. All the tools should also have had no emblem cost but also have been balanced for that, and you should have been expected to use different types of attacks just like you're expected to use different forms of dodging.

interesting. much of this stuff flew over my head but i have played trough sekiro only 2 times compared 20 palytroughs of bb, but its good to know there is more to chew if i keep my ears and eyes open.

Your shitty phone screenshots do not do the game any justice. Why do you post the same low quality pictures and posts in every Sekiro thread?

Game is full of Buddhist themes but it also has lots of Shinto lore and Japanese myths/histories it alludes to so if you read up on those you’ll gain even more of an appreciation for it.

It’s fun.

Attached: F83AF6A3-CEEC-47E0-A3EC-61D052892123.jpg (2704x1536, 967K)

Autism

It's good, great even. I just wish there was more incentive to collect items. I miss the rush of picking up something glowing like in a Souls game and having it potentially be an amazing item.

yeah thats what i think too, sekiro feels really foreign and you can get more out of it if you know thing or two about japanese history and culture.

git gud son

>amazing item
But it never is. It’s just another item with a clunky moveset. Sekiro achieves the same thing with more success by having a combat arts system.

Combat arts suck though

I like to bring this up a lot, but one of my favourite was how the Fountainhead Palace to a famous Japanese folktale called Urashima Taro, about a fisherman who saves a turtle on a beach and then gets taken to the Dragon Palace at the bottom of the ocean where he gets gifted a box that he gets told never to open and then when he opens it he turns into an old man (like the nobles sucking the youth out of you).

No way fag. Combat arts are a legit great way to spice up your movesets and core mechanics. And it gets rid of the need to switch weapons. It’s just a funner way of implementing the same thing.

*alludes to a famous Japanese folktale

Wolf should have had a gun tool.
So many people had guns.
Even Isshin had a gun.
Wolf should have got one too.

What moveset? It's one special attack. Normally games like these have like two dozen "combat arts" that require different button inputs and so can be used at will in different combat micro-situations, sekiro just lets you use one which sort of defeats the purpose as the game isn't designed around it so it's superfluous.

>game isn’t designed around it
Legitimately retarded. Even the people you defeat for said combat arts use them against you.

And the variety of movesets come with understanding directional inputs, contexts, combinations with prosthetics, and using a combat art on top of that. It’s a much better design that having different movesets for different weapons and tying the player down to those. It promotes and rewards experimenting much more this way.

>dark souls and sekiro are pretty far from each other tho
Except the centipedes. And the ape. And the demon. And the knight. And O-Rin. And the headless. And the bulls. And the monk.

I'm not the guy arguing for dark souls weapon slots, sekiro is superior to that, but other games deal with special moves much better even if things like bosses or such make sekiro a better game overall than them.

There's too much reused assets for my taste, but it's still an excellent game. Guardian Ape is one of the best bosses From has ever made.

Use the tanto.

Ah yes, centipedes, monkies, and humanoid enemies. The core of Dark Souls.

Kek.
Basically if you kill a yandere she turns into a murdering ghost.

It's a weird one.
The stealth is jank, as is your access to most of the narrative. To get certain endings you have to do the most roundabout shit
Deflecting is also a bit fuzzy, but somehow you can get good at it. Your brain sort of syncs with the game and its weird rhythm
Even attacking is a bit jank. The weapon delay works for Dark Souls, but not so much for a reflex-intensive game. And the fact that your sword is stubby as fuck and you always feel like enemies are *just* out of reach is annoying. And the fact that you can't cancel animations and all your inputs are locked into a que just doesn't seem to suit the game they were going for

And somehow, despite all this, I think it's really good

>The Last of Us
fuck you, stopped reading there

SAGE

Attached: 85630841f8eef3b6cf53b80521813076.png (1200x1600, 523K)

Rice isn't supposed to come from there!

Tenchu had a grappling hook that could connect with anything though. And WOH added a grappling hook shortcut on the d-pad, so it became a non-issue.

garbage

Well, that rice is obviously contaminated now...

Considering it's persimmon to blood to rice it certainly could come from there, but it's a one time deal.

>tfw you realize the "rice" is actual larvae

I enjoy killing those monks.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-08 00-17-38.png (742x644, 725K)

MODS

The rice thing is intriguing. Each time you ask for it is such a ceremonious process that it conveys to me the same feeling as when somebody break the fourth wall in movies, books or any media.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-12 11-22-04.png (687x399, 251K)

Game has flaws, but it is still absolutely fantastic.

>jank

You don’t know how to use this word.

This is the game that exposed Yea Forums.

>I see you got gud at sucking obscene amounts of cock though.
im pirating this sentence

Can you elaborate?

This. You can tell 80% of people crying about it literally just got filtered too hard and are booty blasted.

Attached: the day v got outed.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

We all know an adequate percentage of people beat the game, but what percentage of people beat it charmless?

summonbabies couldn't summon and got really mad, called the game shit to cope

Less than 1% probably

>Make game that tries to be different from the Souls formula
>DUDE WHAT IF INSTEAD IF SPAMMING ROLLS TO WIN YOU SPAM PARRIES

What if you stopped being retarded altogether and played games?

Charmless was a joke since by then you're perfectly deflecting everything anyways.

I forgot, what did the charm do?

seething

Not me, I enjoy games and am happy I have more of them to play.

the capeshit of videogames

>The Last of Us
>anything but mediocre

Try a bit harder soulsbabby. Remember: dressing up your character =/= gameplay

Sekiro was enjoyable enough but it probably is my least favorite From game.
I don't know why. It's the only Souls game that I actually didn't look forward to playing, and could easily put down for weeks at a time without wanting to play it again, whereas other Souls games, usually, I would look forward to being able to play them during the day.
I just didn't like the setting. I thought it was pretty boring and there wasn't very much variety in the levels.
The combat system, I didn't really like either. It's very repetitive and again, there's no variety. There are too many reused bosses, and the whole posture system isn't really well thought out because it makes fighting bosses a chore. In Souls, once you land a hit, you've landed it, and you're one step closer to the boss being dead. In Sekiro the posture disappears over time, so unless you're constantly pressing the attack and parrying like a god, some hits you get in. You can do really well on a boss, but ultimately fail to make any progress because building their posture doesn't lower their health.
>lol so just lower their vitality
in that case for some bosses you're better off just going for the vitality bar instead, which just makes the game a poor copy of dark souls as the dodge is virtually useless. That means you just run around instead. So for some bosses like the Gorilla or the Ghost Corrupted Monk you just end up fighting them for like 45 minutes, just running around out of their range dodging their shit and going in to tap them on the leg when there's an opening.
It's just the most boring fucking thing ever, yet it's the smarter way to do it because their posture heals so quickly that one misstep while reflecting will leave you waiting to resurrect while their entire posture bar goes back down.

The story is pretty bad too, with plenty of asspulls.
>lol, behold the second mortal blade! :P

>kill guardian ape
>kill it again
>go the new area and fight ape and his buddy
>can kill the ape permanently if you have the mortal blade
>try to get the mortal blade early so I can test if I can kill the centipede on the first ape and skip the second encounter
>game prevents you from doing this by not letting you enter the monkey puzzle fight
I hate it

>he didn't read the scroll about the Black Blade

>That means you just run around instead.
Yikes so you are a soulsshitter that couldn't learn the gameplay mechanics properly then wondered why the game was boring.

what'd I miss with the rice post that got deleted

You can skip the second encounter by going to Mibu village before Sunken Valley.

>second mortal blade
>an asspull
It literally tells you it exists by midgame.

you can get the mortal blade before ape if you want
folding screen monkeys is available as soon as you beat genichiro
ape still disappears before you can finish it off

>So for some bosses like the Gorilla or the Ghost Corrupted Monk you just end up fighting them for like 45 minutes, just running around out of their range dodging their shit and going in to tap them on the leg when there's an opening.
Imagine being this bad then posting about it as if your opinion matters.

Centipi.

I know, I just wanted to test this possibility to see if the 2nd encounter can be prevented.
>folding screen monkeys is available as soon as you beat genichiro
Fuck, I rushed to monkeys before progressing in the castle on my test
>ape still disappears before you can finish it off
Guess that answers my question

The boss fights and exploration are some of the best ive seen. As you hit newgame plus however bossfights are the only appealing factor.

If you are talking about centepede then you are fucking insane. His spams are what make him so easy.

Someone post the matrix webm

I did learn the gameplay mechanics, they're just bad and not very well thought. It's not my fault if the smartest way to defeat almost every boss after Genichiro is to run around and get cheeky hits in until their HP is completely down, and there's no check put in place to prevent me from doing that. Why would I make the game harder for myself? Are you the kind of person who gets mad when people start Dark Souls with the Drake Sword?

Attached: what.gif (140x190, 18K)

Wait you could? I spent so long just on figuring out that you can parry his forward lunge and that the chip damage was just inevitable rather than indicative of a failed block. Blaing bull murdered me like 10 times when I ran through NG no charm belled.

As far as Boss Fights go, the fights in WOH are fun because the PS2 Tenchu games have good combat systems.

That's not smart, that's braindead and long.

Attached: meplayingsekiro.webm (1920x1080, 2.21M)

without killing genichiro you get stuck at senpou because you can't do monkeys and you get stuck at giraffe because you don't have gun fort key
you can still go all the way to mibu and do fake monk though
that's what I did on my 2nd and 3rd runs when trying to see how out of order you can beat the game
it's nice because the ghosts don't spawn because it's too early in the day

>the smartest way to defeat almost every boss after Genichiro is to run around and get cheeky hits in until their HP is completely down
Said the retard who spends 45 mins on bosses that can be cleared in less than 5 mins.

>Why would I make the game harder for myself?
You tell me, retard.

Why are soulsbabbies so afraid of parry/deflect mechanics?

I'm trying to achieve this with Real Corrupted.

In Dark Souls/Bloodborne, parrying is a high risk, high reward action. You put your life on the line, but pull it off properly and you can easily take out a large chunk of the enemy's health.
In Sekiro, parrying is a high risk, low reward action. You put your life on the line, and if you pull it off properly, you'll bring the enemy's posture a little bit lower. And if you don't press the attack, that small advantage you gained will be lost almost immediately.
Ergo the only logical solution is never to parry.

Attached: D4ActgMUEAA0_zC.jpg (320x475, 24K)

So press the attack?

>cope
Funny, Sekirofags use the whole git gud cope as a way to deflect any criticism here on Yea Forums.

I absolutely adored it. The combat is really fun and while sometimes i get dicked hard enough for me to stop playing i always come back to it. I dont play for "challenge", I keep playing it because the combat is some of best ive seen, with fast and defensive focused combat.
The reason you cant see how the game is fun is because you are too retarded to see how "press the right button at the right time" produces dopamine.
You are also wrong about the "cheap difficulty" though. The bosses healrh and their damage are almost comically huge, But your defensive tools and how they damage the posture bar evens things out pretty well.

Make one misstep and not only do you risk dying, but your advantage will be gone.
By whittling down the enemy's HP, you risk dying as well, but your advantage remains because bosses do not heal.
Therefore whittling down the vitality bar is the best way to play the game.
It's not my fault Fromsoft decided it was okay to allow Sekiro to sprint for thirty minutes without ever tiring out, user.

>that health bar
Wtf

that's hilarious considering the "git gud" meme was originally used by the dark souls community to do the exact same.

>it's the best way to play the game
If you don't mind spending nearly ten times as long on every boss, certainly.

The enemy's posture goes down faster than their health. Your "high reward" for taking out a large chunk of enemy health is something you can achieve in Sekiro as well with proper application of prosthetics and timing, and your other "high reward" is the fact that you're taking out their posture bar which lets you kill them in less than 5 minutes.

Taking 45 minutes is not the easier solution. Parrying/deflecting is much easier and much more rewarding. Justify your shittery some more Soulsbab.

Nanban trade

How the fuck do you get past the monks at the entrance? The fuckers just jump around and wont let me strike

Failing a parry usually blocks the attack, i have no idea what the fuck you're doing

Most if not all bosses allow you to hit one attack to damage their vitality after you parry their attack. Since posture regen slows down drastically with lower health, it WILL become easier to posture-break them as the fight goes on, as long as you are being aggressive (e.g. always attack first, when you can).

side door
stealth sugar

Panicking and crying that he can't get his shit together probably.

I genuinely hated the game from mibu village to everything right before isshin

To beat lightning dude just spam deflect and look for openings to strike, dont even need to attack

Sekiro has become a plebfilter pretty quickly on Yea Forums. I like it more and more the more I see this effect.

>I go out of my way to prevent myself from having fun. I'm so smart!

How is parrying/deflecting easier? To run literally all you have to do is hold right and press O, and almost every boss is incapable of dealing with that. Parrying is more rewarding, but it's not the most logical thing to do. The game tries to pigeonhole you into parrying everything, but fails to prevent you from not doing that. Is it my fault From fucked up and made it easier and safer to run forever?

Attached: 1565631405679s.jpg (110x125, 3K)

I must be some kind of savant then, because I can deflect with no real problems

There's a boss rush mod, I believe.

No one is saying the game's supposed to stop you from playing it like you. We're just telling you you're playing it like a retard and it's not the game's fault you suck and are not having fun with it.

It's like complaining that GTA is boring because you never go inside of cars or vehicles because you don't want cops to come after you.

It's easier and safer to just run away and shoot things to death in DMC but you don't see people doing that either

Because every fight doesn't take 45 minutes of your time running around until you can punish enough openings to get through the phases.

>Ashina is running out of salt
>the game produces immense amounts of salt
BRAVO FROM

Attached: BF8E0B3C-DAFA-4626-BFB4-DFE018BB10CD.jpg (2048x1635, 612K)

Especially since none of them are THAT hard unless you're just a meme spouting normalfag. The stealth could have been removed and the game would not suffer one bit, and they really did replace roll spam with parry spam. (Even though it tries to say it isn't effective which is total bs)

You are just trying to justify your play style. It is an option you can do, how ever it isn't the main focus of the game.
You can grind to level 999 in an rpg on the first group of mobs
You can DRI every enemy/boss in DMC 4 and never learn their attacks/mechanics.
You can trade with villagers in minecraft to get full diamond and never once go underground.
There is nothing wrong with it, but you are not interacting with the game in the way the devs want you to.

posture damage from failed deflects only becomes noticeable around NG4+ or 5+
even if you're absolutely terrible at the game you shouldn't struggle too much on NG once you realize this
you can also just floating passage everything for direct vitality damage

Absolutely, Japanese dub is far better.
Isshin has the best voice in the game, no competition.

Activision shills are insane

Play belled or no charm/belled.

>b-but muh soulshit.
dark souls was a liberating experience, you could do whatever the fuck you wanted, go where you wanted, play how you wanted. Classic runs, naked runs, sl1 runs, magic runs, heavy runs, light runs, pvp faggotry, summon faggotry, solo faggotry, and yes, dressup roleplaying. Things that promote players' creativity. Such things are fun. Sekiro doesn't promote any creativity, it's not handholding, it's handcuffing. A rush in a straight line, taking "LE HARD" to the next level. Sure it's smooth, polished and much less janky, just like capeshit. And so it feels, just like capeshit, and so i value it - like soulless forgettable iterable shit made to sell copies that comes in goes in heaps.

TLDR; DaS was a thinking man's game, sekiro is a game for amoebas who need to be told The One Right Way to play the game

yeah no shit
I'm talking about for people who would rather run around waiting for an opening for one hit

This game made me play better in fighting games not even lying, getting perfect deflects and seeing the patterns and animations each boss does really helped my reactions in other games, I usually boot up Sekiro and do a few bosses whenever I feel like my reactions get a bit bad but after a few fights I get it back and it feels good.

OK soulsbabby

People who say souls has meaningful choices outside of PvP are fucking delusional. There's only ever been one "Optimal and correct" way to play the game, rolling and poking in between attacks. Every single armor set and playstyle are just different animations tied to this one strategy.

Because parrying leaves them open to hp damage much more reliably than running away. 5 minutes of parrying is also not as difficult as 45 minutes of running away, even if you have 5x times easier to avoid an attack you still have 9x more attacks to avoid.

Oh SHIT, looks like shurikens are the answer for Great Shinobi.
I swear, I have more trouble with him on repeat playthroughs than I do with Father Owl, he makes it much harder to be aggressive. I gotta try that next time.

correct way to play dark souls 3 is great chaos fire orb/black fire orb/dorhys while walking backwards slowly so you can beat every boss in 15 seconds with no damage taken

This post is hilarious because it shows how much of a brainlet you are and how you probably didn't even play the game. Multiple boss encounters are made significantly easier because of stealth. One of them can be almost skipped.

> There's only ever been one "Optimal and correct" way
just as i said, you are an amoeba, a brainless fungus, to whom "creativity" is an alien concept.

>It's not my fault if the smartest way to defeat almost every boss after Genichiro is to run around and get cheeky hits in until their HP is completely down.
No wonder you didnt have fun. You might as well play a different game. the bosses health bars are not designed for that type of gameplay. The gameplay in sekiro is designed around defence and not offence. A valid strategy is to go for vitality by dodging. But not hour long grinds for a single boss.

I literally tried to do this on my second playthrough and fucked up. I feel like I'm always late to react to the elite samurai minibosses, they fuck me up everytime.

Not an argument

Make sure you have the "Living Force" latent skill so you can follow up your Shuriken with a quick swipe of your sword, closing in the distance while doing so. If you get the second tier of Living Force you can also infuse your sword with flame after you use the flame vent.

>i'm creative because I rolled around and used a greatsword instead of rolling around with a rapier
>my shield run is CREATIVITY
>using magic is CREATIVE
You're being sucked in by the shallow veneer of meaningful choice when all along you've just been doing the same thing.

>Why would I make the game harder for myself?
i think a two minute phase is better than a 20 minute one.

Sekiros parries are very reactive. You are torturing yourself.

I think Sekiro is very good, but ultimately what makes it superb above all other Souls games is that nothing meaningful or interesting was cut. The souls series has so much cut shit or stuff that was altered for the final release but Sekiro really feels like they had a clear vision for what they wanted to make and how they wanted to go about doing it.
The only real flaws are the prosthetic can feel underutilized and that the CLANG CLANG CLANG combat is kind of boring compared to Souls since there's only one real way to fight

His head would probably explode if he played Dishonored

>Multiple boss encounters are made significantly easier because of stealth. One of them can be almost skipped.
Well good thing I was talking about how removing stealth wouldn't change the QUALITY of the game and not difficulty. So what if I can stealth kill the dudes by the drunk guy, the game wouldn't be better or worse without it.
>brainlet
Ironic.

You have to sort of anticipate when he will strike, so you are like half a second ahead of his sword flash.

Attached: 1519795174806.jpg (442x429, 60K)

>I'm used to facetanking
t. havelshitter

>buzzwords in place of an opinion.
I agree that the lack of customisation is a major downside to Sekiro. But you are fucking retarded and should be told off.

It's a great game and I had a lot of fun; for about 30 hours. It gets pretty boring after a couple of playthroughs.
I much prefer the souls games, invasions are just too fun. it motivates me to play through the games dozens of times.

Stealth in this game is just the shitty dark souls AI polished and made sensible

Stealth is legit a great way to get out of tough spots and to take down enemies you’ve never encountered before or mobs you want to clear quickly without engaging.

You’re not supposed to use Stealth for everything but you can if you combine it with ceramic shards and the whistle.

Either way I am very glad stealth is in this game. Not only thematically does it fit and look cool, but it also adds another way to engage (or disengage) enemies and helps you stay alive longer.

I unironically wished for stealth in souls too since there were many situations I wished I could stealth nor without enemies aggroing on me

Attached: ED41E98F-0078-4716-8828-D7AA5AFDFF48.jpg (2048x1615, 1.22M)

Game was short and there’s nothing to do after plat. Before someone responds with some dumb shit like
>well duh, you got plat
In souls, you had different builds to try. This game, once you plat, there really is nothing else to try. Pretty disappointing to wait a year for a game for it to be over in like 50 hrs (including plat).

too hard
6/10

Do people unironically think "new builds" are fun? I start off NG+ in Souls all the time thinking "new builds" are going to be fun but it's still the same clunky piece of shit game and I get bored with it.

Builds in souls basically all the fucking same. What is the meaningful distinction between rolling and hitting an enemy with an ultragreatsword and rolling and hitting them with a crystal soul spear? What is the meaningful difference between blocking an attack chain and punishing and just rolling through it or avoiding it and punishing?

Unironically this
>it’s not handholding, it’s handcuffing
Couldn’t have said it better

Theres nothing to do but just do runs a while before too.

stealth would've been better if enemies reset their alertness like twice as fast
sometimes I would just hide and alt tab since it was taking so long

Yes, we get it. You like to play dress up.

there are a lot of annoying elements that prevent it from being a masterpiece, but the combat is the tightest shit I've played in years and the genichiro/owl/sword saint fights are some of the best vidya duels ever

There are multiple things that help with posture in the trees you retard
>he didn't use the axe for posture, shurikens to keep air enemies down and so on
Same shit in the souls series
>no incentive to get the best ending or rare upgrade mats to make the OP as fuck prosthetics
What does this even mean? Grappling to a rooftop looks out of place and branches dont look like they belong in a fucking mountaintop?
Yeah Stealth is an option and is damn OP, but the stealth mechanics are about as fleshed out as other AAA games
>HAVING FUCKING PROBLEMS WITH CHAINED OGRE
This Kuro stuff is fair, though to be frank that's only to get the optional content and you can explore around without talking to him at all. It's just to help point people in the right direction.

>the fact that you can't cancel animations
You literally can though. Basic R1 can be canceled into block/parry if you press L1 early enough.

I also wonder why people like things I don't like, one of the great mysteries in the world.

You finish the game, only to get to the end to decide that it’s a shit game and during that process you think to yourself that new builds are going to be fun? You’re mental
You could have just said that all the weapons are the same and be done with it. Instead you said this shit. It’s something different to try out. There’s nothing different to try out in sekiro. It’s the same shit every playthrough.

Add to that the fact that most of the meat in souls is exploring the levels and replays get pretty boring. The world is pretty small and utterly dead, so when you don't have the anticipation of seeing new things and getting your bearings vs new situations all you have is very simplistic combat you already know the solution to.

>you can mikiri that diving stab
I'm such a fucking idiot holy shit

Attached: pqu2k8ufnko11.gif (228x170, 1.86M)

>it's something different to try out
But you never do anything different no matter what you are using. You play the exact same general way to matter what you are wearing/holding/statted to be.

Game is the definition of no creativity play at the game's place. Mediocre action game, will probably never play it again.

>There’s nothing different to try out in Sekiro.
There are if you want to try different combat arts and prosthetics combos. And on top of that Sekiro is actually fun to play mechanically, which also boosts its replayability.

Souls has weapons that are all clunky and still basically boil down to roll and hit during opening.

Yeah Im thinking Sekiro is better

Attached: 1429196942836.png (304x287, 116K)

Maybe you could experience new things instead of replaying the same shallow game for the 190th time.

Attached: SekiroHitboxes.webm (1920x1080, 2.54M)

Attached: Owl2fight.webm (1920x1080, 2.43M)

Yeah, I've unlocked all the skills. I just never experimented with the prosthetic tools as much as I could have. I really like playing aggressive, and I often found it was always just quicker to close in with a sword strike, but I definitely overlooked the shuriken for that same purpose.

tfw to little brain to understand that you can jump the fire owl and always ran across the room to dodge the attack

A lot of games do this. Are you surprised by this or something?
Sekiro is a lot more engaging than souls, but don’t tell me that boosts it’s replayability because that’s bullshit. And the prosthetics are pretty shit, only really useful in certain situations.
Someone typed this believing it to be a good response

These are the best lines in the game, prove me wrong.

>a lot of games do this
Then why are you declaring the benefits of trying "Something new" when you acknowledge the game doesn't actually let you try something new?

Yes it unironically has more replayability than souls games. Games like Souls are all about giving you tons of shit to cover up a sloppy core gameplay. It’s basixally the Borderlands ethos of giving you something average padded up by FEATURES. Sekiro is an actual good game. One that I can replay because it’s fun.

Attached: HighMonkDodge.webm (854x480, 1.87M)

I've managed to pull that off sometimes, but the way he moves and dashes around makes it really hard to predict when he's going to strike.
The red-eyed version is way harder because he can basically kill you in one hit. But I always end up beating him by going on the aggressive (just like every other enemy). His one saving grace is that his posture bar fills up really quickly.
Still, I always thought that Isshin would be a lot harder if he had that attack in his arsenal. His attacks are honestly easier to counter than those of his underlings.

this:also there is a shinobi art that let you damage enemy health evn if they block the attack, you can buy it from the pot merchant at the beginning of the game for 5 fish scales

Isshin has that attack in his arsenal. Both Isshin Ashina and Sword Saint Isshin. Maybe you got super lucky and didn't encounter it in your fight.

>lack of online kills replay value
lol no, even if it had online multiplayer, there was no point in it because everyone had the same exat character with the same ability and stats.
what really kill the replayability is the lacks of builds, you have always the same build every time you start a new run.

And im not complayining about that, i just stated why it has lowe replayability compared to Souls.

The game never lies to you. If you see the tip of a blade coming towards you, you can mikiri that shit.

Really good game. "Tough as nails"* difficulty *see fair. Japanese ninja spiderman. The stealth works as intended. The combat is simple and satisfying. The gadgets can give the player the edge assuming they are willing to experiment with them.

Game rules out 5.

Zoomers don't know what a good game is about. Dress up loving retards.

The stealth just didn't feel very fleshed out. I only ever used it to run past people if a boss was giving me trouble. It just feels like such an afterthought for a game where you're supposed to be running around doing shinobi shit.

Or a foot.

Mb, I just went back and read what you said. My argument is that it allows you to try different weapons/builds unlike sekiro. The game is played the same way on each playthrough but isn’t that the case for every game? Can you actually tell me a game that allows you to play it differently on different playthrough to the point where what you’re saying isn’t the case? Because I can’t think of one.

Parry is low risk, low reward though. The deflection window is massive.

>a game where you're supposed to be running around doing shinobi shit
>stealth is not shinobi shit

You complainers literally don't know what you're talking about. The game isn't a stealth game. It's an action game that let's you use stealth in tough situations.

I'm at about 100 hours and still enjoying it. I'm not actively seeking any achievements but I think with a few more NG+s I'll get there eventually. It's just fun to get in battles and let the gameplay click, because when it does it's probably From's most satisfying.
>It's just an incredibly polished title with no fluff bringing it down
Pretty accurate, yeah. There really isn't an area or boss I loathe, which is rare for From as all of their other games have areas or bosses that can be quite the chore. I'm surprised by it, after my first time through I didn't think I'd play it a ton but I've sunk a lot of time into it.

I guess if you like Souls, you can enjoy it through multiple playthrough. I liked sekiro, but I just don’t see how someone could play it again and again when it really is the same on every playthrough. At least Souls let’s you experiment. Sekiro doesn’t allow that at all. What am I gonna do? Main one combat art and then use a different one on the next playthrough?

Isshin enjoying various sakes are the best lines

How is it not a good response? Sekiro is a succulent orange you swallow whole, dark souls is a slightly less tasty orange you're attempting to wring increasingly bitter drops from. While we're standing in an orchard.

If the game doesn't change meaningfully with different weapons and builds, why bother? Why not make your game have a really finely focused fore gameplay loop and just strip out the meaningless "Variety" that changes nothing? The build diversity in the souls games only mattered in PvP, if you weren't an invader or a "duelist" it's entirely pointless, and the PvP in souls games is incredibly shallow outside of the fun you can have in invasions.

Attached: HighMonkDodge2.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

I know Isshin has the same move in the sense that he sheathes his sword then strikes, but he always winds up the attack for a little bit, as opposed to the elite samurai guys who let it out immediately.
Isshin has two options outof the sheath move, I'm saying they should have given him three, one comes out quicker and ends with a sweep. I'm saying I wish they had given him three.

Fag

That's right. Experiment with different playstyles with and combos with Prosthetics while striving for the different endings (there are four in total). Plus even after that you'd want to replay it because it's simply a fun game.

I'm on NG+4 and I'm still having a blast and will come back to it. Just like I do with games like MGR or Zelda or Doom.

True true. But honestly Isshin is already hard enough for me right now on my charmless run so I'm sort of glad

Sekiro is a title that plays average through most of the game with a few high points that still leaves much to be desired. There are numerous small improvements that would increase the overall experience literally tenfold.

Glad they bought back bonfire leveling though, that's pretty fucking based.

Like what?

Let me guess? Online and builds right?

boring rythmn game.
No variaty
linear as fuck
same bosses and enemies over and over again.

even DS2 was better.

Yeah, like I said it's just dark souls AI but more reasonable. Instead of stupid shit like pulling anor londo giants one by one despite them standing 1 meter from each other, you stealth instakill one strawhat monk and fight the other normally. Instead of slowly sprinting past an entire level fill of monsters somehow, you ninja run and grapple through it. It just looks better.

Here's a cracker for you, Polly.

Attached: cracker.png (569x404, 208K)

What you’re saying would honestly be awesome in the souls games but I guess if you like the souls gameplay enough, you can see past all that. It would be cool to see bosses and enemies react differently to you depending on your weapons/build.
I haven’t really touched it since April and I have no desire to at the moment. Before Elden ring comes out, I’ll probably play it again along with soulsborne. I would like to try the owl hirata fight again because that one was the most intense fight in the game to me

>The game isn't a stealth game. It's an action game
No shit retard, that's why I'm saying stealth should have been left out since it was so half assed.
>It just looks better
At least it does that well.

charmless ng+3 chad reporting

>Sekiro is har-

Attached: FuckyouShizu.webm (1920x1080, 2.4M)

Oh yeah, I still have yet to do charmless, so maybe I shouldn't talk.

Go ring that bell pussy.

Why would you leave it out? It’s very useful. What kind of dumbass complaint is this? Just because GTA isn’t a shooter doesn’t mean they take out the guns....

Like I said, it works from the base that dark souls unavoidably provided. You don't lose anything from including stealth in the game and it looks cool. They should just improve it for SekIIro.

>tfw charmless bell NG+ made me completely realize how the mechanics work and how much of a rhythm game it unironically is, making me hate the gameplay from that point

Attached: 1558942009880.jpg (720x712, 61K)

Does High monk track better than Seppou leaping kicks? I can't get Seppou to do stuff like that

Stealth is based.

Attached: StealthAirStrike.webm (1920x1080, 2.93M)

>dude if you have to deflect stuff based on timing its a rhythm game

We all know what your intention here is.

I can see why people would like Sekiro alot because combat is hard and there are many things you have to multitask but I'm just a baby dark souls player who only rolls and attack.

exactly
i wish that Elder Ring will be anther slap to them like Sekiro was

That would be based, but considering that they have GRRM on board this is probably a more "safe" game for them, so they probably won't deviate much. However, if they utilize Sekiro style combat, it can still be really good. I would be really disappointed if I saw that they went back to clunky Soulsborne combat.

What?
I am obviously exaggerating, but it's literally the only recent Fromsoft game that does not require the usage of left stick during fights at all. There is a reason it's the first "souls" game that, when dodging without a direction moves you forward, rather than the usual backstep. You arguably don't even need the right stick past the point of the first lockon (and maybe further lockons during Owl 1 phase two) but that's it, camera does not matter at all once locked on.

The problem is that what Sekiro does well, it does it VERY well, which is why the stealth is so contrasting.
>GTA isn’t a shooter doesn’t mean they take out the guns
When everything in GTA is mediocre the subpar aspects don't stand out as much.

For low tier enemies sure, but movement is still very important for creating distance when you need to reduce your posture build up as well as to get a good hit into their backs, or to dodge an attack.

The game definitely does promote a less fidgety and more "planted" style though. It's supposed to be like the feeling of standing your ground as a samurai.

Everyone thought sekiro was going to be a dudebro game because they had Activision but it turned out fine

It's not a stealth game. What is your issue with stealth? I have a feeling you are going to complain about Sekiro not having more stealth moves like in Splinter cell or someshit. To which I will say: it's not a stealth game. What's there is really tight and well implemented. I don't understand what your issue with it is.

Yeah I'm surprised From was able to be given so much freedom under Activision. I would've thought this would've been super focus tested and casualized, but it's unironically the most non-casual From game they've released so far.

I don't agree with you there, you need to actually move with low tier enemies since you need to get to them. Once you enter a boss room that's it, you do no need the left stick at all. Of course you're not prevented from using it and you can sometimes get some hits in, but it's pointless, that's what I mean with the charmless bell NG+ run, everything that's not absolutely 100% efficient is a waste of time and effort.
You get into the rhythm of the fight or you lose posture and die. Posture also does not matter, you are required to perfect block, which does not break your posture regardless if it's full or not. If you are not perfect blocking you are failing, and failure results in a block in the best case scenario (which Charmless still deals damage and also breaks your posture).
Don't even get me started on prosthetics and special moves. Utterly useless and a waste of time as well as resources that for some reason do not replenish automatically.

Honestly, Charmless bell NG+ ruined the game for me. I do not recommend doing it for anyone who actually wants to have fun with the game just because it makes it so barebones it's ridiculous.

Attached: 1556399493055.jpg (301x330, 14K)

Shitkiro

>Now that the game has settled
>490 replies and 86 images omitted. Click here to view.
>There are 160 posters in this thread.

Nigga...

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-11 21-19-56.png (959x534, 357K)

You can't say Posture does not matter. People don't play perfectly every time. You DO fuck up, and having that posture bar reduced ensures you don't go down the moment you miss the perfect deflect.

Yes, Charmless demands perfection, but you can mitigate how hard it is by using your positioning to your advantage.

>charmless
nani.
I know there's the demon bell to increase the difficulty, but there was a way to decrease it? How?

There are only 4 reasons Yea Forums talks about games, at least for 99% of threads. In descending order:
1. To shit on them
2. Waifu threads
3. They're new and discussion is ripe
4. They're multiplayer and they're trying to set up a lobby

This is the board that still posts Loss edits. There's only so much you can say about a good game, there's not much to discuss, but you can talk a tremendous amount of shit about shit.

>You will never be a squid noble living in Fountainhead palace playing kickball and the flute all day.

Why livu...

Attached: fountainheadpeaceful.webm (1920x1080, 921K)

i couldnt do it user. Ng+3 charmless great shinobi owl was too much. i tried for a few hours and barely got to his 2nd phase. turned off charmless and took him down in one try. fuck that faggot

Owl is basically when the Charmless runs go from hard to fuck you you're not finishing this game, bitch.

Small, simple touches.
Multiple stealth kill animations for the multiple stealth kill angles, replacing shitty emblem system with cooldowns, losing smaller increments than 50% of your fucking shit at death and a higher chance than fucking 30% to retain it all, configurations for multiple combat arts because only allowing one at a time and having you pause the game to switch them was braindead retarded and very un-from like, removing world-pausing, more wall jump opportunities, more demanding stealth areas like Hirata Estate, and more grappling hook controls such as drag raising and lowering, actual wall-sticking, enemy reel ins like fucking Nioh. Any combination of these two or three improvements would make an entirely different experience.

This. No DLC's? No microtransactions? No season pass bullshit? Plus Elden Ring going right back to Bamco, the whole Sekiro experiment was From stretching their legs and displaying that they can go to any publisher they want and release a great game.

Wanting more isn't a complaint, it's just that you want a sequel. Nothing wrong with that. And emblems are a much better system than cooldowns because in the end you're supposed to defeat your opponents and not take 1 hour to fight them. You're supposed to utilize items to get the job done, not to prolong it. Also you can use the tanto if you really really need more spirit emblems.

And like others have said, this game isn't a stealth game. Stealth is purely an option for you.

All your complaints just say "I want more" or "I want a different game".

But that's the point though, you need perfection, otherwise you're not playing correctly.
Even if you do screw up (which you shouldn't be) posture is the last thing that matters since it depletes so fast while you're blocking it doesn't even matter. Missing a perfect block is crippling regardless of your posture both due to HP damage to you and also NOT getting posture damage on the boss and also you getting staggered from the hit which means you're not hitting them which means they're recovering posture, so you might as well restart the whole fight at that point.

My "breaking point" was on Owl 2 in the Charmless bell NG+ run. You do no require the left stick on it at all and you can dodge, jump, deflect or pressure any attack at all. You also only need to re-lockon during phase 2 with his magic owl form, that's it, nothing else.
I also find it funny how that fight should discourage you from using the charged R1, which you don't need anyway because during that time three R1s are just as effective and more reliable.

Do it faggot!

except for the fact that the Armored Knight isn't Portuguese

Different bosses have different styles yes. Movement is still very much important to maintain space and advantage. You're just making it harder for yourself by not utilizing it when you can.

based. i was steamrolling everyone up until that point and then owl started obliterating. I only got to his 2nd phase if i used yasharikus and divine confetti and hoped I wouldn't get hit cuz his HP pool is so high but then Id make one mistake and get killed. Wasnt having fun anymore so I avoided hardships. May give it a shot again on ng+4

No one knows where Armoured Knight is from. All that we know is that he has a son named Roberto he wants to utilize the Rejuvinating Waters for and he wears Portuguese styled armor.

It's a legitimate theory to say he was a Portuguese guy (and also an allusion to Ponce de Leon looking for the fountain of youth).

The only reason you might not think that is because he speaks Japanese, but a counterpoint to that is that an explorer and potential trader would've learned the language of the land he is interacting with.

This. And finally we have a game with a proper story and play as an actual character, not a self-insert zombie in a convoluted world.

Some of them are asking for more, some of them are things needed for a sequel that would make it objectively better.

And Sekiro is more of a stealth game as it is an action game. It can be played both ways, the difference is that you will be severely punished for choosing action over stealth whereas stealth options are plentiful and pretty fleshed out.

True. Luckily once you master it the action parts can be a lot of fun and you end up not going for the stealth as much just to have a funner experience.

Your mentality remind me of my own during the first 60 hours of the game or so. I don't really know how many charmless runs you've done yourself, but I assure you all of the cool and interesting things in the game (prosthetics, special moves, infinite stamina running, charged attacks and items) are just that, cool and interesting, but never truly useful or replace anything the base gameplay offers.

First time around I agree, it's extremely fun and interesting and all these bosses have cool styles to play around, but it always boils down to spamming R1 until they deflect, they you respond to their attack (deflect, jump or dodge) and then continue spamming. If they jump away like in the case of Genichiro for example you either wait for them to come back, or just spam dodge a few times to get close. That's it, there's nothing else to it.
Come to think of it, the only exception to this is the Divine Dragon, since posture damage cannot kill him and you're required to use the lightning, that's it

>more of a stealth game
bitch how? The stealth mechanics are pretty shallow with the most dumb enemy AI and most basic moves, sneak up on dumb enemy and do a one button take down. All bosses involved action gameplay.
>severely punished for choosing action over stealth
bitch where? I only did stealth so I dont have to waste 2 mins mowing down random mobs. They never posed a threat

I've done a charmless run. It's grueling, yes but everything you say doesn't hold for me. I still utilize these things. Shurikens to close distance quickly, Umbrellas to block attacks, Axe attacks, Mistravens, Divine Abduction, etc..

The game is simply harder and demands more focus on the core gamplay, yes, but it's not to say that the rest of the stuff doesn't help.

Fluff doesn't inherently bring down.

Thank you all for your support!

t. Sekiro sama

Attached: smiles.jpg (240x282, 21K)