Why do all the controllers use shitty mushy rubber dome buttons and not something like this...

Why do all the controllers use shitty mushy rubber dome buttons and not something like this? Why do pc guys obsess over mechanical keyboards while consolefags are content with buttons that honestly feel worse than those on complimetnary hp keyboards for office prebuilts? The only modern OEM controllers that are at least somewhat tolerable in button departament are fucking joycons with those metal snap buttons, and that comes at a cost of them being fucking joycons. I seroiusly can't understand console plebs, why don't you want better things?

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x250, 11K)

Price cheaper to make a few rubber membranes than to use individual switches.

Because then you would be here posting about controllers being too expensive

>shitty mouse switches that start double clicking after a year because no manufacturer can get their shit together

will stick to rubber domes thanks

Been using my mouse for 6 years and no double clicking. Wash your hands so gunk doesn’t end up in the switches?

Xbox 360 and Xbox One controller shoulder buttons have microswitches. There are 3rd party controllers with microswitches, like the PDP controllers. The Neogeo gamepad hat at least for the ministick microswitches, not sure about the buttons.
But yeah, I don't get why they aren't the gold standard for all 1st party controllers, just like how every single handheld console has a shitty plastic screen and not glass like mobile phones.

It's cheaper. I feel you bro. We haven't had a good dpad in decades.

Sony's had pressure sencetive buttons.
Not like it used in games though.

It's almost like console players are idiots with no standards.

If you're that autistic about rapid inputs while playing controller games there's custom paddles, buttons and other shit.

Console users are, by definition, happy to trade quality for convenience/easy of use.

it's not about dirt, it's about super thin metal part inside the switch bending out of its initial shape after few months/years of use

Attached: 1C5Wu[1].jpg (582x373, 24K)

My huanos mouse switches never die. My omrons did fairly often however.

Plastic screen is actually a smart idea. Put a glass protector over it and it's the best of both worlds, it neither scratches nor shatters which makes Switch way more resilient than phones. Worst case scenario the glass protector breaks, which is just a 5-minute non-invasive replacement job instead of having to unglue the entire phone, void the warranty and probably screw something up in the process.
3/DS were clamshells so the screens are protected, PSP was cheap, Vita had glass and the rest predate the smartphone era.

Been using this for 15 years, shit's still fine

Attached: item_XL_24118814_35247072__08042.1527034371.jpg (478x484, 28K)

lose weight

ebin

if your fingers didn't weigh 4kg each you wouldn't be crushing your mouse switches.

i'll use more onions products next time to make my fingers weaker fellow gamer

PC:
>Laptop chiclet keys that isn´t Apple or extremely high end is of questionable quality
>Rubber dome has various layers of quality
Toys and consumer stuff
>A lot of ABS plastic, but so is LEGO
>LEGO ABS is of a completely different quality despite being the same material
Gamepads:
>The normal mechanisms has deadzones and uneven force
>Hall Effect analog sticks are uncommon, despite lacking wear from age
>N64s gear system ala early PC mice, do not suffer from deadzone or uneven input
>Microswitches are of completely different quality depending on manifacturer
>Questionable PC controllers all around, where even some of the better like 8bitdo is of shit quality(wear and tear)

>that isn´t Apple
lmao they are among the worst
they literally announced a recall for a model that wasn't even out yet because of the keyboards

As opposed to not recalling it?

Shit on Apple all you want for the innumerable things they deserve to be shat upon for, the physical longevity of their products is not one of them.

As opposed to not making a keyboard that starts double-clicking in half a year like a shitty poundland mouse and feels like absolute shit before that with travel so short it may as well be a touchscreen. Butterflies are fucking hhideous.

go away iPajeet, solder in some more SSDs to the motherboard

As far as I know, the chiclet USB keyboard of Apple is still the high end chiclet keyboard.
There is a few competing products, such as a Corsair one that costs 2-3x, but there isn´t a lot.
Meanwhile more generic stuff has no endurance.

Attached: apple-aluminum-keyboard.jpg (500x291, 26K)

Chiclet in a dedicated keyboard is stupid, it's a space saving measure and should be reserved for laptops.

I loved it for rhythm games like taiko and 4k, but mine had scissor switches. It was also comfy for adadad spam on bhop and surf. Now I've got a mech, but it's a bit more awkward. I tired to shorten the travel distance to 2.5mm by putting ball bearings in the stem hole. Problem was, the bottom out felt weird being so high up. Also, hitting steel balls vs plastic made my fingertips throb.

Still wouldn't try a low profile switch like the ones from kaihl.

That's bullshit. Stop sucking corporate cock.
When I bought my wired 360 controller, I paid 27€. Now they sell Xbox One controllers for 50€+. Same tech, same materials, practically the same functionality, just a different branding.
They could replace all the buttons with micro switches without changing the retail price, and they'd still make a killer profit.

Also consider that they have an """elite""" controller that's literally the same except slightly less plastic.

Yeah, that thing is completely beyond bullshit. I have no words for this jewry.

I was surprised they made a new one, who buys this overpriced crap?

I know a guy that has 3 in boxes, gone through two so far. He also bought the meme router with like 12 antennae and lots of other crap because "I want the best one."

Attached: 1557600755928.jpg (728x729, 200K)

its 50 dollars

omron microswitches are design to fail early.

>They could replace all the buttons with micro switches without changing the retail price, and they'd still make a killer profit.
And they'd be making LESS of a profit.

Controllers are not designed to be good. They're designed to be serviceable, and if they can save the massive cost of a few switches when a rubber pad will do, and can be manufactured at a tenth of the cost, they absolutely will.

We had clicky D-pads back on the fucking neo geo. Know why you don't see them anymore? Because they break down faster, and cost far more to manufacture.

Because people that play PC have a superiority complex. They "need" high quality peripherals to make themselves feel better. In reality 90% of them aren't good enough at any given game for their peripherals to make a difference and is purely preference at that point.
Also the way you hold a controller versus a keyboard makes a difference. I would never want the travel of a mechanical switch on a controller where my thumbs are bent.
Switch joycons are 100% shit though.

That being said there are plenty of people here (as evidenced on /bst/ threads) that use normal peripherals and are fine not wasting their money.

Why haven't we seen anyone do a triple extra super premium controller with microswitches on all buttons? If it's premium it doesn't have to save any costs.
Also good proper switches last far more cycles than any rubber dome can hope to.

>purely preference
I don't know a single person who would prefer mushy over clicky.

>controller starts double clicking

Attached: 1550952080376.jpg (405x277, 78K)

>switches start squeaking

Attached: screaming.jpg (800x500, 491K)

doesnt the xbone controller use something like that in their shoulder buttons? the same shoulder buttons everyone hates?

Xbone controller is clicky as fuck

>he can't repair that shit like a normal person

Apples butterfly switch keyboards are garbage, which is why they are supposedly replacing them.

Their old scissor switch ones were the best in the industry by a mile.

>low travel distance+mushy
>best in the industry
nah
unless you like your keyboard feeling like a numpad on an old phone

you don't need to be a pro epik korean autist gamer to appreciate and prefer nice input peripherals, stop eating shit and being proud of it

They're very common parts, just replace the switches if they're not working correctly.

Yeah I hate this shit, gotta open my mouse every few months to straighten it out. Wondering if its just better to buy a new copper piece, but not sure who sells them or what it is even called.

consolefags have no standards
who would have thought

I believe controllers with microswitches exist
They're just not well known because they're priced at $200 ...even though the microswitches add like $1-2 to the manufacturing cost

Name 5 (five) controllers with micro switches that I could buy new today.

Uh, so after some quick research it seems that at least the Razer Raiju uses a few micro switches
The XBox Elite controller surprisingly doesn't even though it costs as much as 1000 micro switches
I assume at least 1 more overpriced Razer controller will have microswitches

The Razer Onza had microswitches for its buttons, but
>razer
It practically disintegrated in your hands.

Razer did a controller exactly like that (the sabertooth), but even though in paper it had all the right marks, the execution was terrible (controller falls apart faster than your vanilla DS4/ XB1Controller)

Some of Hori's pads are clicky iirc

I know people that prefer chiclet or membrane over mechanical.
I own a mechanical keyboard, and I prefer the switches I had before (Ornata Chroma Mecha-Membrane). It's preference like I said in my post.

I have a friend that prefers his Dell keyboard (you know the one) over any other keyboard and even returned a expensive mechanical keyboard because he didn't like the way it felt.

I used my Sidewinder X4 due to my preference for flat keyboards. That was probably because I used a laptop with for like 6-7 years before finally getting a desktop PC.

ive had this exact same keyboard since 2008. Have only owned an iPod from that time as the only 2 apple products ever and i can safely say that keyboard is the best ive had, and i dont care about mechanical gaming bullshit.

i wash in the shower with a brush and soap once a year to get the dirt out and then just air dry it and it works.
thats fucking quality right there

Attached: 1563881341454.jpg (221x250, 9K)

Imagine trying to play with this shit. The clic clic clic clic clic would drive anyone mad within the first 15 minutes.

I don't see fighting game or shmup players going crazy when using arcade sticks (which afaik all have micro switches). Or people using a mouse.