Took me about 50 attempts. Is it bad game design?

Took me about 50 attempts. Is it bad game design?

Attached: bloodborne-part-3-guide.jpg (770x578, 39K)

He is incredibly easy to parry. Once you do that he isn't a threat at all.

No you just suck

Killed him on my 2nd attempt. Sounds like you're just a shitter.

That's about as many tries as it took me to beat Sans, and now I can beat him with my eyes closed.

For the first non-optional boss, its definitely a slightly difficulty jump compared to FROM's other games. The game also gives you a tool to get a bunch of free hits during the second phase

No, you're just bad. I have no idea how you're going to take on the DLC bosses if Father G took you that many tries.

Even if you don't parry him it shouldn't take you 50 tries to learn how to dodge his attacks.

dlc bosses are retardedly more difficult than any in the base game

dont give up
use the music box once hes transformed
dont be too ashamed too get a free hit holding R2 behind a plot of gravestones with the axe
remember too use your gun for parrying, in fact you should focus on parrying as much as you can, he has alot of huge swings you can exploit and when you see his fists raised in the 2nd phase parry that shit
you got it man
if you need blood viles put on a podcast and farm a bit
I have faith in you man

>has the narrative of the map related to him in a way that makes him easier if you figure out shit and explore
>moderately easy to evade or stun with molotov coctails

Dunno man the transformation is a bit of a shocker but you may also fucking suck

So how many times did you die to the cleric beast?

Bloodborne is full of shit that makes my blood boil but the bosses are not on that list
Why was ebrietas so fucking hard when every other base game boss took me 2 attempts at most

Attached: 1561900310716.png (629x1173, 131K)

If it took 50 attempts then you have bad brain design.

It only took me one try. Fucking Kos(m) destroyed me though.

ebrietas wasnt too bad for me, but JESUS FUCK DEFILED AMYGDALA
yeah devs, put a fucking huge bitch like that in fucking tent and then reduce my health by half, oh also only viable hitboxes are only open for about 3 miliseconds at the very most
worth the platinum i guess

Bloodborne was my first soulsborne game and I accidentally skipped cleric beast and fought father gascoigne as my first boss. Took maybe 5 tries and thats being generous. You just suck and god help you if you attempt the DLC

I found Ebrietas to be the toughest as well

>shit at video games so dies 50 times to a basic boss
>is it bad game design???????

No, it's the additional chromosomes in your genome you stupid degenerate fucknigger

Kosm, you only have 1 int

It's open-ended design. Your experience depends on your playstyle.

If you stroll in transform-attacking with a Saw or big-dicking it with a Kirkhammer, Pops G will be completely helpless in his first phase, but you'll have learned nothing - or you'll have realized the simplest way to beat this game.

Alternatively, you might hang back and slowly memorize the boss' repertoire, dying and sacrificing vials as you do so, before giving it your all and utterly styling on them.
With its fairly long and tedious runbacks to most of the bosses, the game makes it harder for the second kind of player

>
no, you are just a piece of shit

Dread of her charge and divebomb. Master evading those two and it's an excellent fight

Git. Gud.

He’s there to test if you have the fundamentals right. This should be your opportunity to practice dodging/parrying

I've seen souls noobs get roflstomped by Gascoigne for hours til they understood to
>dodge through
>dodge proactively
>be aggressive
>bait and parry
>know when to rally
and they'd go on to kick Lud's shit in.

bad luck and bad camera

Bloodborne's game design is bad regardless of whether you're good at the game or not

This.

It's the scourge of dunning kruger and
It's the scourge of sawbabbies/ludshits

ebrietas went down on my first try for me
my fuck you must suck

Nobody cares about your meme game

>story taht's all just a dream
>boss betrays you and revealed as the antagonist (wow didn't see that coming)
>guns yet can't increase amount of ammo you can hold by a decent amount
>can't dual weild guns
>doesn't allow you to play like a tps yet includes guns
>aliens out of nowhere

He will get better by the time he makes it to the dlc you idiot

>50 attempts
you seem to be retarded

no you just weren't used to the game.

he's really quite easy

Attached: 1460577686745.png (680x512, 349K)

I like father Gascoigne

Attached: 509d93df2fe745799cf5823ca255cb9e.jpg (500x750, 98K)

>get to orphan
>get rekt
>summon someone
>makes it look like it's the easiest fucking boss
who was this man

Orphan is actually easy because you can parry pretty much everything he does. He’s a lot harder if you don’t do that though

>there are bad examples therefore the trope is flawed
>and yet this fails to dampen the hype of "Tonight.."
>wrong
>wrong
>wants tps in a game with lockon in this day and age
>yes, and

Someone who persevered
After how many rektonings did you summon?

did the aliens really come out of nowhere? i mean, you make it to rom pretty quick and it certainly is surprising but it's not like you were just expecting to fight werewolves and shit after you fight the bug people and mindflayer just outside of byrgenwerth
i thought the twist was the nightmare of mensis and the idea of dreams being more profound than we can know and also the pthumerians really came out of left field
but there being great big monsters was certainly not surprising

this

Second best boss fight in the game, prove me wrong.

Maria>Ludwig>kosm>Gherman>papa G

Isn't that the point? For a first playthrough, blind run, Gascoigne is a bit more engaging and difficult than most of their other games. Lady Butterfly would be the only other contender
Phase 2 should have been done at like 60% health or something. By the time he transforms its probably over, especially if you parry him on the cusp of it and he ends up transforming with like 15% left and is just dead

>tfw beat every boss first try except the ones in the dlc which took me days

I dunno i mean i played dark souls and demon souls before so i already knew what to do i cant even properly rank the bosses because i dont remember them doing anything other than dying super quick
Then i fight son of kos and get my ass raped for days

Bad end user design.

Thank you.

Try two Ebrietas in a room with a hole at the middle.

who here /music box three times to fight Beastcoigne at full health/

Ebrietas is easy as fuck you guys are casuals

I fucked him and literally every boss up to the spider first attempt, wasn't even hard

Attached: 67556863_p0.png (1362x1891, 588K)

DLC was easy

Then again, I killed the queen at the bottom of the chalice dungeons by the time I started it, so my character was OP as fuck.

This one was still doable, i quit when you wake up in a prison/dungeon somewhere after defeating the pussyflap boss in that old church

>be me
>has platinum trophy
>didn't parry at all

Took me one attempt, you're just bad and this is coming from someone who isn't that great at Souls games.

Less than 10 I think. Took him on in breaks between gascoigne fights. He was significantly slower and easiee to read though, and I didn't even need any vials on the final attempt.

maybe you should learn from your mistakes since you suck at small enemies bosses

>three fucking BB threads
>no goddamn summons anywhere
I want my goddamn vermin you bastards, why does nobody summon in this game?

They probably just summon the npcs most of the time

because everyone played it so much at release no one sits to wait for summons anymore

I recently played through ds2 and ds3 again on ps4 and I would usually get instantly summoned to help. On bloodborne I only get summoned in chalice dungeons, never anywhere else.

i just finished ds3 a few months ago for first time and around the time i finished playing the second run , no one was summoning for that faggot gael was called?

This shit is retarded
>play bb blind
>get destroyed by papa G at least 16 times
>beat the game
>DLC comes
>beat ng+ Maria on 2nd try and ng+ Kos and Laurence on 1st try
But you retards keep bragging about your 5th try ng papa G kill

>people have problems with different bosses and a easier time with others
its almost like some people is better at certain things like in real life..really a mystery

It just means that you were the shit design.

I died more to gascoigne than any boss including dlc and chalices.

Took me 3 tries and I'm garbage at this game

First time around he took me about 10 tries with cheesing the tombstones, second time did it first try since I was able to parry

Nah, you are just bad

Gascoigne is probably the hardest boss in the game relative to stage so don't worry. He forces you to learn the parrying mechanic or you will lose infinitely. Don't be disheartened, the game gets quite a bit easier in the next area.

>best boss in the game is the first
>everything after is a retarded Souls animatronic that can't work around circlestrafing
Bloodborne was so close to being good.

What's so hard about spamming dodge to get behind him then spamming R1?