What’s your opinion on reproduction carts?

What’s your opinion on reproduction carts?

Attached: EE12B1C1-8C0B-4B25-B77A-89DFE57ACF61.jpg (794x583, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/281250/final-fantasy-anthology-ps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They're a rip-off. I put a male and a female together half a year ago and they haven't reproduced at all.

The retro market, especially America's, is totally fucked. Bootleggers are heroes.

Attached: 1478899060070.gif (250x250, 992K)

You have to take the safety cap off you dum dum.

for the price of 4 repro carts you could get an everdrive

Bootleggers are part of the problem. Repro carts do not cost anywhere near as much as what they charge for them, they only even really exist to rip off suckers.

Reproductions of region locked games are nice. My sister got me Terranigma a few years back, I noticed it was a repro but didn't actually realize the game was PAL exclusive until later.

Cool because they make collectors seethe for some reason. Why does it matter to them? Does it make their originals less valuable or something?

>people bitch and whine about emulators and roms
>no one cares about reproduction carts despite being roms in a physical form
Someone explain

I don't care for them because I'm someone that cares about legit hardware, but I don't have the money to actually fuel any kind of collecting hobby.

Also, it's a problem when reproduction carts get priced and passed around the same as real carts. It's just scamming people at that point.

this

based

Do you think there will ever be a point where retro games plummet in value because there will be so many repro carts that it’ll be basically impossible to differentiate from the original?

Attached: 35DE745D-52FD-4908-ABFB-D098F51C6658.jpg (750x754, 320K)

They're cancer, if it's not original it's a scam. Just emulate if can't get an original game.

It would be one thing if Ebay forced people into labeling reproduction carts as what they are, but they don't, so you just get a bunch of shitty Chinese bootleggers selling high because it's literally their job to scam people. Also, that older hardware will only continue to get more rare, so I don't see it happening.

Kinda related but I know square still sells old ps1 games
store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/281250/final-fantasy-anthology-ps

Tbh I never understood why companies never capitalized on the market for the repro market. It’s really cheap to make some of these.
I can see them making money off of people that want the original version of the game.

I guarantee Nintendo wold be rolling in money if they decided to make their own official reproduction carts of shit like Earthbound.

It sucks for collectors and people who feel the need to play with legit physical copies. If I wanted to play an older game badly enough, I'd probably just emulate it rather than support fakes if the real games were too expensive.

>Nintendo selling old retro games on their website for 10-20 bucks
>even include Japanese famicom games
>selling box art replacements for old games because almost everyone threw them away back in the day
Why the fuck haven’t they done this?