Rust Isn't Fun Anymore

Before screeching at me, please consider this. Rust was a survival game with PvP elements, it's now a PvP game with survival elements. The only time it's really fun is when cities and towns are made, pretty much when nobody is making mega clan bases and just having fun. Everyone kills nakeds no matter what, making it near impossible to actually start (I've actually found servers with clans that exclusively hunt nakeds just to kill them. If you didn't know, nakeds only spawn with a rock and torch, so they pose virtually no threat and there's nothing to gain from killing them) I'm aware roleplay servers are a thing, and I only play those most of the time, and occasionally when a vanilla server when everyone on there seems relatively chill. I also forgot to mention cheaters, official servers are nothing but cheaters, there is no anti cheat, so stick to community servers. You guy's thoughts?

Attached: 94646abece675be28d75439327f4f5ec.png (800x800, 10K)

Rust stopped being fun when it was remade in unity

It was never fun and they still have fuck all content as of 2019.

Ha, remade. More like excreted.

Same thing happened with mod DayZ towards the end, its most likely why BR games are so popular now. I think a increasing amount of people just saw them as a higher stakes PvP game.

They have content, but instead of being locked behind loot boxes and p2w mechanics it's locked behind mega clans and a never ending grind just to lose everything you grinded for to said mega clan.

Same thing happened with unturned, fucking nothing but "PvPers". Takes the fun out of survival games.

no they don't i have set up multiple servers and private servers, they have fuck all assets. The game is the very definition of a lazy indie scam. Ark may get a lot of criticism for being unoptimized turd but at least that has has many things to play with and many expansions

cheaters get banned quite fast but as this game depends on ressources and gear sets a single cheater can ruin your whole day by just killing you once.

currently playing on blue lagoon only so encountering a cheater is quite rare (maybe once a wipe), the problem is that its the very definition of a tryhard server, and getting offlined by the same group every single wipe after 1 day is dissapointing.
these motherfuckers literally are literally in the top 10 playtime with 280+ hours / month
Also the biggest fucking problem are the two oil rigs. getting equipment is easier than ever

it takes us (4-6 players) not even 1 fucking hour into a fullwipe to come out with our 2x2 filled to the top with hq, atleast 2 aks and a bolt. when rng is with us even c4.
and well so required time to be able to raid someone is laughable.

oh and also did i mention that for over 8 months now there are game mini freezes for every single player of the game, happening every 10/20/30 minutes? They dont seem to care about fixing this xd

is this pasta?

The actual worst thing was these fucking recipes. Now I have to do bullshit for 3 days to then be able to raid, fuck that shit. Its like you have to have no job to get rolling in the game after a wipe now.

I used to be able to twig-raid and snowball into explosives on day one, hell, everyone did. Now you get to fuck around and farm scrap day and night. That's not fun, the fun part of the game was the PVP and raiding not farming scrap for days.

Oh boy this game first time i realized that games can turn you intoa wageslave ( where you earn nothing)

Literally play alone all the time.
Build bases make them bigger because => Safer
Don realize that people think i have loot but i dont get raided constantly.
Through sheer luck a clan raids me and i can kill 2 of them with superioir architecture and skill.
>Hey Gladium you wanna hang with us
>Why not

Oh bo. Clans are literally the epitomy of fun. Every clan is organized like a company.
We had literally meeting in Teamspeak. Everybody had a job to do .
It was like a second job joing the server and working for the "community" for the "experience" that we could raid other clans.
problem was to be effective we raided at night because thats where less people played.

After 600+ hours i said i quit because it felt like a job and never touched the game again

>Everyone kills nakeds no matter what
This stops the casuals and tourists from joining. The people who think they're owed success merely by playing the game, and have no appreciation for hard work or struggle.
It keeps the game clean of new filth.
Granted, the old filth still exists, but at least it's better than nothing.

So, basically sweats that have no life make the game not fun to play, and the game is beyond unoptimized to the point of the game crashing all the time and making virtually unplayable. Cause that's what literally every negatibe steam review says.

You got it

Attached: .jpg (1000x800, 61K)

It's fun for the sweats with no life.
Did you think of that, or did you just think "NNNOOO MY FUN (AND ONLY MY FUN), REEE"?

The game was always pure garbage.

So in other words, you want the game to die? I don't want fucking hand holding, what I want is to be able to fucking play the game. It's not about getting free wins and shit, it's not about being a sore loser, it's about literally not being able to play. It doesn't matter how good you are at all, rock does not beat full armor man with bang bang stick, it's basic common sense. Gun beats rock

>So in other words, you want the game to die?
Yes.

This, it's so fucking obnoxious trying to get started
>First you have to gather supplies to build a base, this involves surviving long enough to get proper tools to farm effectively, or spend eons using your rock to farm wood/stone
>Now you have to find a suitable place for your base. The problem with this is that there's mega bases fucking everywhere, and if you put up a new base in view of another base, even a small one, they will raid you as soon as possible because they view you as a threat
>Now that you finally have a base you can start storing the shit you gather. Unless you luck out and find a shot gun, your best weapon is a cross bow, but you have to use rope for that
>Also now that you have a base, you can NEVER let anyone see you near it. If anyone sees you exit or enter the base they will door camp you for hours, or simply just raid you since they know you're active
>You however cannot raid anyone until you learn both bean can grenades and satchel charges, which you'll either hope you find randomly in a box, or grind scrap to roll for a random blueprint
>Once you finally learn some form of explosives you have to grind sulfur and smelt it
>After a best case scenario of hours, or a worst case of days, you finally have the supplies to raid someone
>There's 50/50 chance that someone will hear the explosions and come to counter raid you though, so you better hope the base you're raiding has two doors or less so you can get in and get out
>Now that you have potentially successfully raided you can store your stuff and get off the game
>The next day you can log in and feel nothing but bitter disappointment when you see that your entire base has been wiped, or worse, taken over by someone else and you can repeat this whole process again
Rust is something you need friends for, but it's so goddamn frustrating when things go wrong that it makes everyone want to quit, unless you're in a mega zerk of course

So, fuck literally every guy who posted a negative review? Fuck them for wanting to enjoy the game instead of not being able to play whether that be via crashing or sweats. When people say that players can make it literally impossible to play, literally is in the literal sense.

The problem is that you have absolutely no idea who that naked is. He could be part of another zerg doing recon on your base while pretending to farm. He could even just be a guy with a base nearby who wants to get an idea of how many doors your base has, or how many active people, and will come back later with a gun.
He could be wanting to distract you while someone takes a sniper shot in the distance. Or he could just be a leech who wants to follow fully geared people in hopes of stealing the drops.

Also nakeds can still have plenty of loot from the road, and they'll more often than not try to run away if you tell them to drop everything

Here's my reason why I play exclusively on roleplay servers
>have group of friends that play vanilla rust servers with me often, we're relatively skilled at PvP so it's not like we're sure losers
>spend says on server and decide to make a city on the water we call the Ark. Many players stay at the Ark, eventually enough players to have an economy and literal requirement for laws and officers to make players obey said laws.
>everything is going great, Ark stays for days. Everyone is pretty contempt with Ark, government isn't too corrupt(having the occasional "extra taxation" on traders and etc) all the way on the other side of the map a mega clan is, fucking no one is near them for miles so they have to go far out to raid bases.
>everyone gets sick of mega clan and move closer to Ark, this causes us to have raiders attack us more often(most of them didn't have boats so wasn't easy to get to us)
>eventually mega clan finds us and sets up a mega base on the shore closest to Ark, not a raid base but a permanent mega base
>their first attempt fails, second attempt fails, third attempt almost succeeds, they don't attempt again for days and wait us out. We eventually raid their base back, they despawn all their loot because little bitches they are.
>they come back for one and final raid using everything they have, instead of just raiding for resources they literally just blow everything up. I mean everything, fucking gone. They wasted all their rockets just to destroy a city
Fuck sweats, and fuck rust

I don't really understand what you mean, considering the game is basically the same it's just there's more content. There was even less in Legacy. From the servers I've played on since launch, the community has always been the same. It was always panned for its vicious community that would kill on sight. It has always has and always will be a PVP game with survival on the side.

So, you just don't give a shit and just assume every naked is out to get you?

You clearly didn't play legacy then

That’s my issue with the game.
>try to fly a helicopter, get murdered by 20 guys
>try to loot a fucking gas station, get murdered by 20 guys
>try to dive for crates or drive a boat, get murdered by 20 guys
>try to chop down a tree, get murdered by 20 guys
Basically anything worth having takes a ton of farming, and farming is basically impossible if there’s a clan on the server.

Why wouldn't you? This is a game where your entire progress can be lost if you trust the wrong person.
Any naked near my base is free game. Same for nakeds who have been grinding on the road, I'm not going to let them keep everything when I went out there to grind myself

I definitely don’t disagree with you about killing nakeds, it barely costs you anything and there’s no real reason not to do it. Conversely, as a new player or solo player, because of clans, there’s no good reason to play on a server with a population of 15 or higher. And unfortunately, the game is absolutely zero fun on an empty server. There’s just no good options for solo players.

Take out the basically, it's literally impossible. There doesn't have to be a clan either, it just has to be a group of sweats. It would be different if it didn't take so long to get weapons to defend yourself, but fuck the players I guess because the beginning weapons might as well be a fart in a fully geared player's general direction. I'm not even talking about casual players, tons of "PvPers"(insert snarky tone of voice here) complain about the same exact problem.

So, let's not consider other's fun at all? I know you want to have fun too, but damn it really sounds like sucking the fun for other players is your hobby. Don't be paranoid dude, it's a video game ment for enjoyment.

That’s why I play(ed) on Japanese servers. In addition to them being terrible at pvp, they were also generally very friendly. I can’t even play on western servers, I always find a good hiding spot, barely find any stones, probably die to a geared guy while farming them, and then wake up without a house. There’s just no real point.

Can you rephrase that, because I can't tell if you dislike naked killing or not.

I’m not the guy that was arguing with you. I’m a solo player that fucking hates getting killed while I’m out farming stones naked, but I wouldn’t blame anyone for killing nakeds, it’s a video game, not a karma contest.

Hey, just play roleplay servers. Even though the spergs like to say the following "HURRR DURR UR JUST BAD AT GAM SO U LARP IN RUST, NOT EVEN PVP IN RP SERVERS" there is PvP in roleplay servers, just not fucking randomly killing everyone you see just because they may or may not have good loot on them, most of the PvP is with factions fighting other factions. Most to all PvP interactions will be with people of the same gear level, so overall is more enjoyable.

Attached: images (1).png (231x218, 4K)

Soul...

Attached: 123576245.jpg (1280x720, 181K)

Stop, you're gonna make me cry...

Attached: 1510773152497.png (882x758, 16K)

>So, let's not consider other's fun at all? I know you want to have fun too
My fun matters more than your fun. I would rather ruin your good time than risk the chance of you ruining mine later. It's just a sad fact.
I've let nakeds go before in the past, and they thank me by either coming back to door camp me, or trying to act friendly while they craft a spear in hopes of taking me out with a couple jabs before I shoot them. You learn from experience that just because someone is naked it doesn't mean they're harmless.
>it's a video game meant for enjoyment
Yeah, my enjoyment retard. Sorry I'm not going to baby everyone because I'm not worried about their enjoyment

Yep, fuck everyone else. Let's ruin the fun for others because enforcing paranoid behavior is a good thing.

>There's no good reasons to let nakeds live. Here are my reasons why it's in my benefit to kill them, and reasons why letting them live can actually work against me
>In fact here are some examples of why letting nakeds go in the past has come back to bite me in the ass
>"WAHHHHHHHHH NO NO NO YOU CAN'T BE MEAN AND KILL ME, YOU'RE A BAD PERSON FOR PLAYING THE GAME IN YOUR BEST INTEREST!!!!! PLEASE THINK OF MY PRECIOUS FEELINGS!!!"
Fuck off faggot

I'm not fucking asking for a fucking teat in my mouth and a pat on the back, I'm fucking asking to able to play the game. I don't enjoy spawning and instantly being targeted for being a "potential" threat. God forbid someone says that a game community is absolute ass.

I tried to get into Rust with a few friends but our base was always ransacked the next day, it wasn't very fun.
Then one of our autistic friends started playing the game day and night and managed to fortify a large base, but that wasn't exactly fun either, because the whole game rode on his autism. These games just don't work.

>Here are the reasons why killing nakeds is overall a good idea, and why letting them live as a nice favor can bite you in the ass
>BRO YOU'RE JUST PARANOID, I DON'T WANT A TITTY IN MY MOUTH, BUT PLEASE DON'T EVER EVEN CONSIDER KILLING ME OR YOUR A CONSPIRACY THEORIST
Pick a different game then. The community is shit, and it's not my fault that every naked is a threat. I myself will regularly stake out bases I'm planning on raiding naked, because I don't want to risk losing any gear before I've even started the raid.
Don't like it, don't play

How to sum up rust for new/solo players.
>loading/dying simulator

You wanna make some NPCs?

No shit it doesn't work, these kinds of games never work. If there's no external threat, there's no reason NOT to kill randos.

This is probably some joke I didn't get, but assuming you mean actual NPCs in rust and not the NPC wojak I have thought of ways of using NPCs to discourage nonstop naked killing. An infamy meter that fills up with the more players you kill, the higher your infamy meter the more and stronger NPCs that attack your base. Simple, (hopefully)effective, probably not efficient because rust runs like a potato nailed to the floor

>nakeds door camp your base with spears because they know you're actively punished for killing them
Wow great idea retard

I havent played this game since they took zombies out. what the fuck happened

all these people complaining that killing naked/newplayers is pointless.
i know you had your beans jacked in dayz you soft ass niggas
early and often

Killing you would effect them too

agree
surviving in the game is fucking piss easy
the difficulty comes in not getting jumped by a PvPer

this is why clans are so prevalent, it's easier to survive PvP engagements when you have 2 people watching your back

playing Rust solo is akin to a stealth game
playing Rust with a clan is akin to a TDM game

an overly monotonous, slow-paced, highly punishing game for solos, and a braindead PvP shooter for squads

a fucking garbage game

legacy rust was better

Rust is a never ending grind for literally everything, everyone will kill you no matter what gear you have(didn't know a fucking rock is the mightiest weapon, guns ain't shit I guess), hackers are everywhere in official servers, game runs like absolute ass, can't refund because it takes hours to get into a server, only roleplay servers are worth playing, solo play is for people who enjoy death simulator, shots barely register most of the time, mega based are everywhere, have to have no life to play 8+ hours a day so you stand a slim chance against other people, overall not fun to play anymore

this!
it feels like a fucking job
same with most games that revolve around the competitive scene, CS:GO, LoL, fighting games, etc

they all feel like a fucking job man
why is it so hard to have a casual game made for fun?
Last one I can think of was Overwatch, before blizzard raped it with shitty patches

fuck man I miss tf2

the community and lack of PVE elements killed it

The best way to describe rust is shitter Call of Duty where you have to wait hours to get the guns, roleplay servers are the only worthwhile server to play if you aren't a sweat and you have a life.

this sounds fucking awful and I am glad I stopped playing when they removed the common pve threat even if the zombies were awful

TF2 casual has become
>HURR DURR IMA SPAM SOME SHITTY CHEAP AND EASY SHIT AT YOU UNTIL YOU EOTHER RAGE QUIT OR GET VOTE KICKED AND WHENEVER YOU SHOW ANY SEMBLANCE OF SKILL YOULL BE ACCUSED OF CHEATING HURR DURR"
Competitive ruined TF2 for everyone

absolutely based
glad i'm not the only person who sees this

the main content in the game is late-game PVP, which is locked behind ABSURD hours of grinding

>grind until full loot
>pvp for more loot

or

>be PVP god
>fight late-game players with early-mid game equip
>use their loot to gain more loot

Are you actually retarded?
>I kill the naked with a spear
>I get literally nothing out of it besides defending myself, and get punished for it
Vs
>Naked with spear kills me and gets all my loot, and zero reprocussions if he stashes the loot away in some hidden stash before getting offline
Stop whining about nakeds getting killed retard, it's just how the game is

Hey, I love rust even today. I just can't bare vanilla servers anymore. I can only stand roleplay servers(which are super fucking fun) because every time I've made or lived in a city on a normal server it was destroyed by some Chinese or sweat clan that takes the game way too seriously

Stop. It's no use.

competitive has ruined gaming in general for everyone that doesn't take "le epic gaming" seriously
sadly

Nobody wants nakeds running around their base. They steal everything that isn't nailed down and most will try to kill you with their rock since they got nothing to lose.

Ha, that's why you play on American servers that ban squeakers

Please don't

LOL join an rp server fag (that's what I do and it's fun as hell)

Yep, that's why rust is the way it is. Except the entire game is treated like a nonstop competitive game despite not being marketed as such. When did a casual hobby ment for enjoyment and escape from the fuck fest that is life become just as toxic and gay as real life, they're even forcing their political beliefs in our shit too ex overwatch apex legends

> no anti-cheat
smells like old pasta because rust does have anti-cheat; unless you meant to put the word "effective" between "no" and "anti-cheat"

> nothing to gain from killing them
wrong, you gain personal safety and not having to worry about some nigger with a rock killing you when you're low on HP and reloading, or grabbing a dropped weapon and then becoming a more lethal threat.

For all the bitching about toxicity in the "player base" no one really seems to notice or give a shit about the toxicity in the gameplay mechanics itself. It's fucking africa-tier living conditions.
> game loop inherently involves scamming, stealing and murdering people for their resources; if you're a "farmer" you're apparently an idiot
> 1000+ scrap to get a work bench
> 1000+ scrap to get the blueprints to make effective equipment
> which confirms that yes, if you're a resource farmer, you're an idiot
> eating food and drinking water serves no purpose except to instant-heal 2 HP, or prevent tedious death-by-time-out
> which confirms that yes, if you're an ACTUAL farmer, you're an even bigger fucking idiot, since crops take zero effort/resources to grow
> no reason to actually use logic gates or any of that other MEANINGLESS BULLSHIT that gets in the way of the actual game loop

> everyone goes oil rig because shit is OP as fuck and never getting nerfed
> all that's left is to raid bases of other players
> need a group to succeed in a raid unless you're offline raiding someone, otherwise you risk instant failure, massive set-back and retaliation
> inevitably "gameplay" devolves into who can manage the largest group on the server and roll with the most AKs/Launchers

> lose it all
> back to a rock
> at least you can make your rock look pretty!
Rust is nothing more than a vehicle to sell microtransaction weapon skins.

Attached: Rust.jpg (480x360, 34K)

Be a fucking white man and live

So you're saying rust is shit and everyone including the bitching people should lighten up?

not him but yeah rust is shit

So you're saying that in the end we should all comprise and play on our preferred servers instead of arguing with each other about stuff that will never be fixed and or added?

>should lighten up?
against the random dipshit that says 'faggot' over VOIP, yes. its easy to fix; just turn off VOIP and the problem is solved.

not so easy to solve is the massive mental retardation of the "developers" who pursue the most innane bullshit for their updates. the game forums should be spammed every day with threads about "nerf the fucking oil rigs" and most importantly, people need to stop enabling these do-nothing updates from buying fucking skins.

the major reason why i uninstalled rust is because i got tired of seeing another "here's absolutely nothing for this month" updates be released despite teasers about shit like land vehicles; and pissing away time and energy waiting for the update to finish, play and then realise that the few improvements that were made, never actually changed the fundamental problems rust has.
case in point:
> getting up after being downed
100% RNG that says "fuck-you" when you need it most, or not, because it's RNG
it would be so easy to change -- just link hydration and food to the chance. 80% water/food? 95% get-up chance. 0% water/food? instant-death on downing.
the entire gameplay changes... but simple things like that are never done. just "here's more skins, thanks for the jewgold"

*uninstalled and hidden from the steam library
if i could get even a 10% refund i would fucking take that refund

nah
just sayin rust is shit
'ate rust
'ate 'elk
'ate facepunch
simple as

It stopped being good after the torch damage nerf, something like 3 or 5 years ago.

Dude SHHH, the sweats will hear you suggest something that will make the game more enjoyable for a casual audience.