Antagonist is evil because... he's evil

>antagonist is evil because... he's evil

Attached: Kefka_CGI_artwork.jpg (1024x768, 566K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Owj76TnUAsA
youtu.be/oridvBe62Ec?t=390
finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/General_(Final_Fantasy_VI)
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/KTYRpfWL8YJBRL+D2JiDkw==/page/1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kefka has a low value for life in general. He just wants to end the world.

Probably the best one-dimensional villain in video game history. Not every villain needs to be a morally complex grey area anti-hero etc.

Attached: WRPG antagonists vs JRPG antagonists.jpg (3009x1569, 776K)

He destroyed the city and escaped to the sea

Best one-dimensional villain is easily Ganondorf.

I'm more about the evil acts they commit during the game, rather than the back story

Some versions of Ganon have goals outside of spreading darkness.

Do you like cherries, user?
Of course NOT, you like COCK.

Attached: cherry-6.jpg (2048x1152, 455K)

>Using the most revered antagonist in all of gaming is cherrypicking

Ganondorf isn't a very good villain. I mean he's fine and it works but the reason those games are good has nothing at all to do with him.

This. Sympathetic villains get boring after a while.

Attached: 1555904664797.png (900x800, 584K)

You do realise that the backstory was that he was fucked up with Magi experiments and went nutso?

>antagonist is actually a good guy who is just misunderstood

Attached: Dirlewanger.jpg (266x442, 30K)

Who gave you permission to post this picture of literally me?

I'm very much aware of the last minute characterization of Ganondorf in Wind Waker. That being said, his Ocarina of Time presence is just fantastic. It's a really cool and subtle way to show off an intimidating villain without throwing it in your face every 5 minutes like most modern games.

Sounds about right, OP.

Yes? That's literally how cherrypicking works. Somebody took the one example that stands out the most and presented it as if that's how antagonists are all the time.

Nintendies are so dumb.

That clown has nothing on my boy. He would have finished the job at the start if given the opportunity Kefka had.

Attached: Exdeath.png (722x839, 691K)

Technically he is evil because he was the first Magitek Soldier and went crazy from the flawed Procedure or something.

>antagonist is evil because he thinks it's the only way to save the world
youtube.com/watch?v=Owj76TnUAsA

Attached: 30286-minimalism-simple_background-Final_Fantasy_IV-Final_Fantasy-Yoshitaka_Amano-748x402.png (748x402, 126K)

Ganondorf is fantastic for the fights he provides and the cockiness that makes it a great final battle,

Kefka is nihilism/the ubermensch done perfectly right

only a mouth breather thinks Kefka is 2edgy4mekillemall villain but in reality he's not read a book nigger

kefka is a true gangweeder who understands that we do live in a society

>2030-11
>caring about """"story""""" and """""characterization""""" in video games

What said.

Ghirahim was the better Zelda villain.

hes really gay

I shouldn't respond to WRPG-kun but KoTOR 2 also has Darth Nihilus. The game wouldn't work if Kreia was the only villain and the creators realized this. Shame you're not smart enough to.

Then how come Terra doesn't go nuts? Or Celes?

They use a more refined version of the process on them, after Kefka they tweaked it. An NPC in the Imperial Capital tells you this.

Uh, what? Show me, cause that sounds like horseshit.

>Then how come Terra doesn't go nuts?
did you not play the game she did go nuts and two she's only half human

also Kefka isn't insane he never was

>Kefka is le evil because he's evil
OP never actually play FFVI

I mean even if it was the same process you could just argue Kefka was predisposed to going nuts.. Like when a latent schizo go nuts after smoking weed or something.

He's insane in that he's deeply psychotic and commits genocide for personal amusement.

It's this guy right here. After this he says Kefka was a normal guy before that but the process wasn't refined yet so he snapped.

Literally the entire premise of this topic is off-base and incorrect.

Attached: 8yzJUwy5iAQLHEXbvrQat5kOnQTVLSXKJDmxUYEV_1Q.jpg (531x464, 57K)

Terra didn't become a homicidal maniac. Her half-Esper side came out and she lost control of herself as one might do when unexpectedly becoming a magic being. The Magitek experiments were just a red herring to throw you off to her Esper side despite all the signs. Kefka was made crazy because of the Magitek Experiment.

Vector citizen: Here's one for you... That guy Kefka? He was Cid's first experimental Magitek knight. But the process wasn't perfect yet. Something snapped in Kefka that day...

Though it doesn't explain why the experiments worked on Terra, who was unknowingly half-Esper, AND Celes who was just a human. It's just poor writing, which is OP's point. Kefka is basically evil because the script says so.

It literally says the process wasn't perfect yet. Are you okay?

Attached: 5OdGGf1.png (531x465, 25K)

FF6 is overrated
FF7 is much better

You got those backwards.

Attached: ff7vff6.jpg (500x500, 156K)

>poor man's joker
This misconception really annoys me and it's one of the reasons the Woolsy translation isn't any good. Kefka is not a clown, he's a poofter that thinks makeup makes him pretty. He's a crossdresser. A good translation would have put some feminine dialogue in there to get this across.

why'd you use an image of ff3 when talking about ff6?

Attached: 1565474584721.png (500x290, 176K)

Didn't they inject magic and shit in him which drove him mad, unlike terra that could handle it

the empire knew she was half-esper did you forget the part she was kidnapped she was always able to use magic Kefka made the slave crown to control her

Bait or do you really not know? Literally anytime someone talks about that fucking game they do the "uh just so you know FF6 was released in the west as FF3" speech

Gonna assume bait

ok, retard
how did they get the "process" which is never described or explained to work on someone they thought was just human but was secretly a being from another dimension and have that same process work on a human?
it doesn't make any sense
maybe they thought they succeeded because terra's esper side made it easier for her magic to come out or whatever but that doesn't explain why Celes avoided insanity when they would have presumably used the same process assuming it would work again but which could not be calibrated to work on humans based of the measurements from a subject that was not human
also, if it was such a big deal that Celes was going against the empire, such that they put their only magitek knight in prison for it, then why not just give her a slave crown also?

but the point is kefka is super loosely characterized outside of evil bad guy and the interesting bits of his backstory are confusing and nonsensical with the rest of the plot, that is a poorly written character

Nah ur just retarded by posting FF3 which also much better then FF6

They never used it on Terra you drooling mouthbreather. She could always use magic. Are you okay? Why should I take your opinion on anything seriously when you get confused by the plot of FF6?

>ok, retard
>how did they get the "process" which is never described or explained
You mean like the Force? Where did it come from? Why do certain people get chosen? How does it let you shoot lightning? None of this is explained so by your standards KoTOR has bad writing and this whole thread is moot.

You're aware the Japanese FF3 was not a super nintendo game, correct? You're having a sperg attack over nothing.

>how did they get the "process" which is never described or explained
Not only does Ramuh explain the process they use at the top of Zozo, you walk into a giant lab with the tanks that are holding espers at the magitek facility. I'm convinced you haven't played the game.

He has a big speech about his motivations right before the final boss. Were you even paying attention.

Well this is the same retard who thought the Empire didn't know Terra was half esper even though there's a scene of the Emperor picking up a baby Terra and declaring how useful a half esper will be to him.

>I shouldn't respond to WRPG-kun but KoTOR 2 also has Darth Nihilus.
You do realize Darth Nihilus is a DECONSTRUCTION of the 'mindlessly evil' trope, right? Nihilus was so consumed by his hunger for power that he became a slave to it, which is how he ends up being defeated.

>Shame you're not smart enough to.
You're apparently not smart enough to realize Nihilus as a villain was a misdirection. Did you even play the game? Kreia is the antagonist of the game.

Attached: 1555183439631.png (431x428, 22K)

>Kefka is nihilism/the ubermensch done perfectly right
Maybe by the writing standards of saturday morning cartoons.

Attached: 184989139712.jpg (2000x2000, 693K)

So pretty much he would've just been another Kuja. That doesn't sound any better.

Kreia is one of two antagonists of the game. The other is a mindlessly evil black hole who you have to power up to beat since Kreia alone can't carry the game. Once again you miss the forest for the trees and mistake being pedantic for intelligence.

>OP proves he literally hasn't played the game he's criticizing so he starts saying Kefka is bad because he's not as good as ______ from other game

Attached: 1538901622251.jpg (792x558, 53K)

Kefka was unstable and hateful. Maybe he was just really pissed off about the Magitek thing, and the only thing he had to say when he was drunk with power was nihilistic shit. He was having a bad time. If an loser edgy highschool teen suddenly became a god, he'd probably say similar things to people trying to stop him. Doesn't mean he's a bad, or unrealistic villain. You just might not like him. Which is fine. Not every villain is meant to be a villian you love, or hate to love, or whatever.

>Kreia is one of two antagonists of the game. The other is a mindlessly evil black hole who you have to power up to beat since Kreia alone can't carry the game. Once again you miss the forest for the trees and mistake being pedantic for intelligence.

So Nihilus, a character that is in for the game for all of 5 minutes, was absolutely needed because Kreia couldn't carry the game? Kreia, who is the first character you meet in the game and who has more dialogue than all the other characters in the game combined? Are you genuinely retarded?

By that logic, Kefka also couldn't carry FF6, since that game has Gestahl in it (and Gestahl has far more screen time than Nihilus)

Nihilus is an antagonist yes, but he's a product of Kreia's actions. In fact, even the confrontation you have with Nihilus was orchestrated by Kreia

>"From the moment you awoke, I have used you. I have used you so that you might become strong, stronger than I. I used you to keep the Lords of the Sith from condemning the galaxy to death with their power unchecked. I used you to lure them to Telos, where they could be at last fought and killed. I used you to reveal Atris' corruption so that her teaching could be ended before it began. I used you to gather the Jedi so that they could be destroyed. And I used you to make those who wounded me reveal themselves, so they could be killed by the Republic."

Attached: 1552492891652.png (800x729, 48K)

>It literally says the process wasn't perfect yet. Are you okay?
How convenient that only Kefka 'snapped' because of magic while at the same tim, everyone and their mother is infused with the ability to use magic with no side effects, right down to the fucking emperor himself.

FF6 is just badly written.

I prefer ex-death simply because he isn't even human, just an evil tree

nigga, he's a literal clown that goes "whoobwhoobwhoob"

Yeah almost like they used a more refined perfected process or something...

>everyone and their mother is infused with the ability to use magic with no side effects
wut did you not play the game

Have you ever considered that there are more people the process didn't work on too but they don't matter to the story of FF6?

And Darth Sion?
>tfw you make all these rambling text posts but I consistently blow the fuck out of you with three words or a single sentence

He clearly didn't. The reason there are big pauses in between his posts is because he's desperately googling to save face.

Shouldn't these be things the story should have addressed?

Gee, it's almost like FFVI is badly written and you have to pull stuff out of your ass to make up for the plot holes.

Even if we buy Kefka supposedly snapping because of the magic experiements, FFVI is still a prime example of Idiot Plot - the entire plot happens only because everybody in the game is an idiot. There's no reason for Kefka to have any say in anything, the Empire has no reason to listen to him, there's no reason why someone doesn't kill his idiotic ass (he's weak as shit before his little feng shui exercise), and the party repeatedly lets him go just because the writers need him to be the main villain.

The only reason why Kefka succeeds, for example, is the fact that the dumbass protagonists just let him go - repeatedly - after defeating him in battle. He doesn't teleport or anything, they just let him walk away for reasons. It's the very definition of idiot plot - the whole plot happens only because every single character is too stupid to live.

Everybody and their dog knows that Kefka is an unhinged retard because he doesn't even pretend to be anything else. Gestahl magically doesn't see it because like I said, everybody in FFVI is an idiot. The same goes for his attempt to make Celes seem like a bad guy - the very idea that any adult with IQ over 10 would believe an obviously deranged, childish, genocidal clown over their comrade in arms is ludicrous. That's not how manipulation works and everything about this situation is blatantly stupid.

>conveniently ignores replying to the post calling him out for not playing the game
Really makes me think.

pretty sure he's just a shitty troll at this point.

It is explained you simpleton. Kefka was the subject of a prototype experiment. I don't know how much simpler I can make this, it's literally the exact opposite of a plot hole. The first time you fight Kefka seriously is as the boss of Narshe where he's much stronger than the average Imperial Soldier even if he's weaker than the party and General Leo. Plus, he conquered Cyan's castle while Leo incurred heavy losses. He's a useful tool who continually gets more useful until he stabs the Emperor in the back, it's perfectly reasonable he'd be kept around. The protags never let him go, he always escapes they're never in a position where he's at their mercy, he always runs before that can happen. Yet another example of you not paying attention (or not playing the game is the more obvious choice here. Guess your google searching didn't help you here).

The Celes scene was bad. Nobody defends that.

>He doesn't teleport away
youtu.be/oridvBe62Ec?t=390
He literally LITERALLY teleports away. At this point, it's incredibly obvious you haven't played the game that makes you so upset.

>wut did you not play the game
Did you? "Everyone and their mother" is completely accurate, considering even human enemies encountered in fucking random encounters were apparently infused with the ability to use magic:

finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/General_(Final_Fantasy_VI)

Attached: 1526747331396.jpg (1080x793, 119K)

>Human enemies
You mean high level Imperial soldiers? Are you okay?

>>tfw you make all these rambling text posts but I consistently blow the fuck out of you with three words or a single sentence
How do you do that, exactly? You have yet to address anything I said. What are you even arguing against? Yes, a story can have multiple antagonists. But nobody in their right mind would think Nihilus and Sion have anywhere near as much narrative importance or prominence as Kreia. Heck, you can go through the majority of the game without even seeing Nihilus (or Sion, apart from the intro at Peragus, where he is presumed to have died in the explosion).

>And Darth Sion
The guy that does everything he does because of some weird oedipal complex he has for Kreia and ends up becoming her minion? Not helping your case here.

Attached: 1552167632268.jpg (550x549, 39K)

Why do you think they felt the need to add Sion and Nihilus?

This guy treating a virtual bleep boop toy like it's high class literature fucking lmao. Read a book incel. Or are you too busy telling everyone how amazing the story where magicians fight each other with glowsticks is?

Attached: file.png (600x536, 629K)

How about Cloud of Darkness, just a fart that manifests as a hot babe

>Why do you think they felt the need to add Sion and Nihilus?
Because they act as mirrors to the Exile, all three of them having been warped or mutated by the Force in some way. They serve to illustrate the dangers of relying on the Force too much, which is the very thing Kreia, the primary antagonist, is opposed against.

None of this stuff is deep or anything, it's just basic theming. But even that is apparently too difficult for some people to grasp.

Attached: 1552492992360.jpg (562x490, 41K)

Right exactly. Which Kreia couldn't do on her own. I'm glad you finally see. Don't know why that was so difficult for you to grasp but I guess that's what happens when you play too many WRPGs

man final fantasy games are so deep man LIGHT IS BETTER NO EVIL AND DARKNESS BETTER

Man Star Wars is so deep
>Woah what if the solution is in the middle...

>Man Star Wars is so deep
It is compared to your typical jrpg.

Not that that is much of an achievement.

Attached: 1564857322607.png (746x492, 167K)

I don't remember Light and Darkness being a central plot point in FF6 or 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 or 12 or 13 or 15. And in 3, Dark isn't portrayed as evil at all. I'm beginning to think you haven't played a Final Fantasy game...

So wait...a teenager who's in the middle of a battle is less composed than an elderly scholar in a cushy spaceship. You don't say...

>So wait...a teenager
Not like the dialogue from the so-called adults in Persona is any less juvenile.

>Actual human response vs pretentious fakedeep bullshit

No you're right, every adult ever created is equally as intelligent. Kreia is just as smart as the High School gym teacher and they should all talk the same and have the same character voice.

Ironically, posturing over how mature and deep your Star Wars toys are on Yea Forums is the most juvenile thing of all.

Wasn't it a tree that had the embodiment of all the world's evil being sealed in it? The tree itself wasn't evil.

>>Actual human response vs pretentious fakedeep bullshit

The idea that some people simply do not deserve redemption is a hell of a lot more human and believable than Persona's preachy saturday morning cartoon morality.

Real talk though, which would be more scary irl? People are terrified of those who kill without motive.

>Actual human response

>Akechi
>"human"

>Oh no my daddy left my mom and she killed herself
>Oh no I must suffer the harshness being a orphan and bastard child
>Oh yeah I got a power by this mysterious entity that tried to communicate with me
>By this power I was able to track my dad!
>Kill him? no no no that would too easy. I must pretend to be his loyal assassin and help him raise his power on all over Japan!
>Assassinate Futaba's mother? Haru's father? Making people go berserk and cause damages? no problem boss!
>When he is on the top and full of power, I will stab him in the back so he will be shocked and surprised! muahahaha!

Akechi's behaviour is about as human as a random stormtrooper.

>The idea that some people simply do not deserve redemption
Persona tackles that too. Despite the understanding he and the protag reach, he's still rotting in jail for the rest of his life.

Attached: file.png (554x838, 241K)

Yeah but that's even worse. Kefka is a tool (figuritivley and also an actual complete tool) but Gestahl trusts him way too much despite his "success" in his dirty underhanded tactics. Imagine having a unhinged clown who was growing stronger from Espers, then imagine taking to the source of magic as insurance policy despite being this close to achieving domination.

The only plot possibly dumber is Vagrant story. Just because Guildenstern and Rosencratz have the character subletey of a brick.

>The idea that some people simply do not deserve redemption is a hell of a lot more human
Sure dude.

Attached: 1544905112509.png (289x363, 267K)

Um actually the idea of people wanting to help someone redeem themselves even after committing horrible crimes is a lot more human. My proof? The same proof you gave for your statement, because I said so.

>The only plot possibly dumber is Vagrant story.
Can you explain why Vagrant's story's plot is so dumb? I am intrigued.

Attached: 1557431557155.jpg (960x728, 59K)

But what does your initial point even have to do with the image? It does nothing to disprove it.

wait people actually take persona storys seriously? lol

The idea of the chance at universal redemption regardless of your actions, as long as you're willing to try, is a focal point of the largest religion on the planet.

>OP criticizes a FF6 character and calls him shallow
>anons call him out for not playing the game
>in a desperate attempt to damage control, he brings up Star Wars to prove wrpgs are superior and to recover his damaged ego
This thread is fucking embarrassing, OP. Just stop.

Are you surprised that people can go loony from trauma.

Attached: 1546671933677.jpg (225x225, 12K)

That's because Kefka has been loyal to Gestahl for years. Remember, Kefka willingly lets himself be locked in prison just so Gestahl can get the Returners on his ruse cruise. And who else does Gestahl have at that point? Terra and Celes betrayed him, Leo is dead and would have betrayed him if he was still alive, his army has been severely depleted by war with the Returners and the Esper rampage, and Kefka only snapped after seeing his own blood. He was totally willing to be co rulers alongside Gestahl and Celes before she stabbed him. Gestahl is also the one who orders him to murder General Leo and is also the one who backstabs the Returners, he's just as underhanded and sleazy as Kefka is.

Wait people actually take video game stories seriously? And Star Wars at that? lol

>antagonist exists because... the protagonist needs something to fight
Whoa

>it's okay for his actions to not make a lick of sense and that he's basically a glorified plot device because he suffered some trauma

Attached: 1565071566106.gif (224x224, 3.8M)

Yeah but FF6 is actually a finished game lol.

His actions make total sense.
>I'll twist the knife during his most triumphant moment and watch the joy turn to ashes in his mouth. This is what I've been planning all my life so anyone who gets in my way is collateral
Not sure what's so hard to understand about this?

Just like me

>Yeah but FF6 is actually a finished game lol.
So "finished" that even after the fucking apocalypse, all the towns still look the same on the inside (except for two towns) and even the fucking auction house is still going on as normal, and has the same npc saying the same shit

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (400x386, 34K)

seething

Better than being literally unfinished.

Why would I be seething? Video games are toys you know. You should read a book sometime.

>instead of killing him when I have the opportunity, I'll perform hundreds of criminal acts for him that run the risk of me being caught/lkilled and unable to take revenge

Yeah, that's totally logical behaviour by someone consumed by his desire for revenge,

How was he supposed to kill a senator before meeting him? Was a 14 year old supposed to rush past all his body guards? With what? You DID play the game right?

I mean one of the greatest "villains" in fiction can have their entire thing summed up as "I was wronged in life so I'm going to come back with my vast fortune I got out of nowhere to create an overly elaborate revenge plot just to rub it in as hard as possible"

WRPGfags don't read books so they wouldn't know that.

what villain?

See?

I'm gonna be honest. If someone sent me to prison for 21 years on trumped up charges just so that he could fuck my girlfriend, I'm blowing the motherfucker away the second I get out. I don't give a fuck if they put me right back it, it's worth it.

Do you seriously not recognize Edmond Dantes when you see it?

im a jrpg fag though

Uh huh.

>Do you seriously not recognize Edmond Dantes when you see it?
I had a suspicion you were talking about him, that's why I wanted to confirm. Because saying Dantes is "one of the greatest villains in fiction" is actually hilarious, and I couldn't believe you would say that unironically.

The Count of Monte Cristo was pretty good.

^
This is a really desperate attempt to save face WRPGfag.

That shit describes a shit ton of villains. How am I supposed to figure it out from such a vague description.

>O-oh yeah I totally knew. He sucks anyway though, the character who I totally knew. I was just making sure YOU knew yeah that's it.
Yikes.

>you do things because you do things
500 IQ op

Name 5 other than the Count. Call upon your vast literary knowledge

I wasn't the person who originally made the post, but if you don't see that Dantes is a villain then you missed the point. He's not supposed to be seen as intelligent, nihilisitic, with a wicked sense of humor. He's a previously kind and caring man who has become so consumed by his desire for revenge that it has corrupted his very soul. The only reason he's sympathetic considering his actions as the count, is because it's all from his perspective. If the story was told from anyone else's POV, he would be a villain.

Because of how famous the book is?

>Frantically googling to try and find 5

I think you're the one that missed the point. No one's contesting that Dantes is a villain.

>JRPG Villains
>BEING EVIL IS GOOD AND YOUR FRIENDSHIP CAN'T STOP ME

Who's better? PLEASE don't say a character from your favorite video game toy, I've cringed enough in this thread.
>N-n-no my bargain bin fantasy novel plot is really really good guys. They use a lot of big boy words that make me feel smart.

>WRPG Villains
>BEING A MALEFACTOR IS SATISFYING AND YOUR CAMARADERIE IS INEFFECTIVE

Hello, OP. I see you're still making hasty generalizations.

Shido and Akechi literally talk about how they have been working together for years (which is absurd, considering Akechi's age, but that's Persona's writing for you) and they met all the time. Akechi had tons of opportunities to kill him.

>Be OP
>Can't stop seething about a game to the point where you make multiple threads a weak about it despite never actually playing it
>Get BTFO repeatedly for your lack of knowledge
>Meltdown and start making huge generalizations about the genre as a whole to deflect from the fact you're talking shit about a game you have never actually played
The absolute state of OP

He is a clown, though. He used to be an autistic savant who was fiercely devoted to the Emperor but the magic infusion made him unable to derive pleasure from accomplishments. This made him nihilistic and he began to think of others trying to succeed as fools, and dressed as a clown because he saw himself as the biggest joke of all.

>JRPG
>People talk like normal humans
>WRPG
>People talk like they have a thesaurus in hand at all times

>He is a clown, though. He used to be an autistic savant who was fiercely devoted to the Emperor but the magic infusion made him unable to derive pleasure from accomplishments. This made him nihilistic and he began to think of others trying to succeed as fools, and dressed as a clown because he saw himself as the biggest joke of all.

Nice headcanon. When is it ever indicated that Kefka hates the empire or is spiteful towards them? If anything he just used them to get power and is ambivalent to them as an organization. In fact, I'm betting he enjoyed his service to the empire because he got to torture people and commit genocide every now and then.
He is a shitty one note villain, and his motivation is "more power". That's it. His backstory is vague and unsatisfying, not to mention poorly delivered, and does not serve to add any depth to his craziness.

>JRPG villain is actually trying to save the city he loves in an attempt to try and appease the demigod that rules over it but ultimately goes about it in the wrong way
>gets screwed over multiple times in the process

Attached: shades.png (500x900, 310K)

Why isn't he one of the greatest then? The fact that he is left hollow in the end despite outwardly trying to play it off that it was all totally worth it, is part of what makes it work so well. If he either said it wasn't worth it and he got nothing out of his revenge, or if he was left outwardly broken in the end, he never would've been as memorable.

The Count of Monte Cristo is seen as one of, if not the most, famous revenge novels in history for a reason. Yes it's a soap opera, but it's a soap opera that's really well-written.

>>JRPG
>>People talk like normal humans

Attached: 1491677038890.jpg (1079x837, 399K)

Sadly there are people that say kek irl now because of being raised on the internet.

Wait Terra? I thought only Kefka and Celes underwent that experiment.

>It's absurd that a kid with magical untraceable assassin powers would be hired early by a corrupt politician
You feeling okay user?
Besides, Akechi wanted to rip the rug out from under him while setting himself for life as the next detective prince. He wanted to savor his revenge because after it was over, what did he really have to live for?
>The translation is bad so that means they don't talk like normal humans
Feeling okay user? You're starting to completely break down now.

Unlike most other FF villains, he actually kind of won. The second half was just picking up the pieces in a world turned into a hellscape.

>Iago
>Moby Dick (despite the obvious 0 personality, it's used as a mirror for the protagonist's character, development and ultimate demise)
>unironically Patrick Bateman
>Humbert Humbert

OP hasn't actually played FF6 despite being so mad about it. It's kind of embarrassing.

>playing final fantasy
>every character starts whipping and nae-naeing
>realize I misread the game's title
>I'm actually playing final danceity

>get called out on being wrong
>n-no, that doesn't count.
>pull new excuses out of your ass

Attached: 1564583123152.jpg (500x359, 30K)

>WRPG
>Characters are sophisticated and understand their conflicts enough to be able to articulate them clearly and colorfully
>JRPG
>I SEE TINAS BOOB WAAAAAAAAA NOSEBLEED

kefka doesn't hate the empire, he just thinks everyone is a fool including himself. also there's a novel on his background. he was an orphan who was never adopted and was kicked out of the orphanage when he grew up. he then joined the officer's academy and graduated at the top of his class and was then adopted by the emperor.

Wow look at that deep jrpg dialog

>Unlike most other FF villains, he actually kind of won.

>in the ending credits we inexplicably see the world restored to its natural beauty and lush forests, as if nothing happened
>after the apocalypse, all the towns still look the same on the inside (except for two towns)
>even the fucking auction house is still going on as normal, and has the same npc saying the samee shit
>even after ascending to godhood, Kefka can still be beaten by a bunch of puny mortals with relative ease

He won...how, exactly?

Attached: 1542803428213.png (466x492, 187K)

>Humbert Humbert
>villain
She was a slut

>also there's a novel on his background.

>Game is so badly written that it needs a novel to make sense of.
Not exactly helping your case here.

Attached: 1556735578101.jpg (480x486, 35K)

exactly

How can you be a villain when you did nothing wrong?

The plan was to build him up then come out as his bastard son and get an orgasm spasm from the revenge fantasy. His whole character is some stupid meta attempt to subvert the dashing rival stereotype by having him be a confident nice guy as his act but a edgy uncouth retard underneath.

so he literally is just a poor mans joker

kys pedo
aren't those the best kinds of villains? the ones who make the reader question if he actually did anything wrong or not

But that's you. Anyway, you're going to just keep making this same thread and getting in these same arguments since WRPGs are just that unfun to play which effectively defeats your own argument right out of the gate. You've outright resorted to unironic samefagging to really punctuate the sadness so I believe I'm done here. I would encourage anyone else besides OP to do the same and leave him wallowing in his misery. But look on the bright side, it's better than playing WRPGs

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/KTYRpfWL8YJBRL+D2JiDkw==/page/1/

Attached: Capture.png (336x351, 178K)

>still thinking these images are only being posted by 1 person
Most of the time I come into a thread to post such a bait image, only to see someone else already posted it before me.

>the virgin WRPG antagonist
>the chad JRPG villain

with a wicked sense of humorâ„¢

Best part of the game.

Attached: 7e6c26d46db574dac6d27762fb8c3406.jpg (480x1100, 81K)

>female

Attached: 1565191712668.png (320x287, 107K)

what's joker's background

FF3 was how FF6 was called in US/EU because the original FF2-3 was never imported to the EU/US you stupid fucking imbecile.

>Edmond Dantes is le ebin bad guy
I bet you're one of those faggots that think Jan Zizka was in the wrong too.
Even from another story perspective, the people he gets revenge on all used their money and power to kill, rob and imprison people beneath them. How the fuck can you sympathise with these people even if they were the protagonist in a story? It's like sympathising with Martin in Flesh + Blood and believing Steven was the villain. It's pure moralistic revisionism.

Attached: Flesh + Blood Martin.jpg (885x560, 99K)

>kefka
>evil because he's evil

he's not even that complicated, and spells out his philosophy extremely blatantly and literally, but Yea Forums brainlets still miss the point

Gay flamboyant villains are great

>he thinks "he's evil because he was wronged and they messed with his brain poor him" is a good background or remotely original
Fucking weebs

Between this
>villain is villain because he fundamentally wants to change the system by putting his self interest above the greater good
Or
>villain is initially a good guy who abuses his position of power and authority with an absolute belief in his ideals
Or
>villain is completely neutral and harmless at first, but then it turns out he was pulling the strings all along with an extremely well crafted and elaborate plan

Which trope is your favorite?

>still missing the point this hard

jesus fucking christ i thought the tiny brain wojack edits were just a joke

it's like the most simplistic story an theme ever, condensed and simplified even more by technical and translation limitations of the time. i literally cannot simplify it any more than the game did itself. it's as complex as a children's cartoon, how can you not understand?

How about we just post games we personally consider to have great antags/villains.

Transcendent one is great on a story and lore level, but the Practical Incarnation is amazing for just absolutely taking the fucking cake, its recipe, the cake industry, and still not actually being an antagonist to the player themselves.

Attached: planescape1.jpg (270x210, 24K)

Cringe
>a sympathetic antagonist that makes you wonder why he's even the antagonist, fighting him feels meh

Based
>an antagonist with well defined goals and has done enough abhorrent shit that it's satisfying to fight him

Sadly I can't remember any from the Based category.

Attached: zyzz.jpg (482x720, 200K)

>How the fuck can you sympathise with these people even if they were the protagonist in a story?
I didn't say that, I'm saying none of them are supposed to really be sympathetic. It's evil fighting evil.

Let me guess, you're going to spam this same exact thread every day for the next 3 months, aren't you?

>When you're literally that mentally deranged and obsessed to shitpost literally all day, every day, on multiple threads
>For free
I really hope for you your parents live long enough to support this "lifestyle" of yours, WRPG-Kun, because you sure aren't going to live long after they croak by shitposting this much on the internet just to feed your addiction.

>For the rest of his life
his crime can't be proven, he has to be let out eventually.

I prefer villains dedicated to a cause and a belief so strongly that it essentially elevates them emotionally and they become incapable of considering things like basic humdrum morality.

Things like "the ends justify the means" and whatnot. Because a lot of focus is put on the CAUSE and the REASON. As opposed to those just being secondary to the character being selfish and mean and petty.

What threshold has a villain to cross in order to be deemed "just evil"?

Attached: Middle-Earth-Shadow-of-War-Review-Screenshot-Wallpaper-Sauron.jpg (1920x1080, 224K)

>It's evil fighting evil.
But fucking how? Dantes is far from some revenge-seeker that fucks up anyone in his way, he carefully calculated his revenge, that's why instead of leading some underground gang to assassinate nobles which can spring out of control, he chose to be an aristocrat, so he can be better than the and help others whilst simultaneously defeating them.

>last second villain you only really truly get to confront by paying dlc
>it's actually fucking worth it
Something people forget is just how much spectacle can make the most mundane shit work.

Attached: Chakravartin.png (504x360, 285K)

Really disappointing how almost every character gets a good deal of development while the villain remains really boring and basic through the entire story

The first step down the evil path is viewing people as objects.

Post kino antagonists

Attached: rando.png (1280x982, 248K)

does this include NPCs?

Attached: jacquesdealdersberg.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

What? They literally say Kefka was the FIRST ONE.
You did not play the game.

Ganondorf isn't one-dimensional. His depth comes from the influence he has in the world he is in.
His motivations are much less "dude evil lmao" than people think. He has plans and he wants to Rule Hyrule out of spite for the Gods. He basically wants to destroy the beauty that the Godesses have created. His power lust is more of a means to an end and he understands that in order to oppose the Gods, he needs real power. This is why he mocks the Twili when speaking to Midna. He admits he is impressed by their magic, but belittles them for thinking they could oppose the Godesses with anything else than true God power.

zoltan looks like he seen some shit

Faggot

Attached: Inglourious_Basterds_Hitler_&_Goebbels_shot.jpg (1600x667, 87K)

Rando did nothing wrong tho. Brad and Buddy were more antagonist-like than him

Cringe

Attached: adolf_hitler.jpg (640x842, 81K)

based voidboi

Best kind of antagonist, no need for sob stories about how they stole his plushie when he was a kid.

The other best kind of antagonist is that the antagonist is actually the good guy.

>
>>The idea that some people simply do not deserve redemption
>Persona tackles that too. Despite the understanding he and the protag reach, he's still rotting in jail for the rest of his life.
arkham series explores the joker getting killed, though knight is more a apparition than city being the last laugh.
another antagonist is ren suzugamori.

Attached: FB_IMG_1499369921538.jpg (623x350, 26K)