Is it universally agreed upon that xbox live is superior to psn?

Is it universally agreed upon that xbox live is superior to psn?

Attached: 26DB4494-EF1B-4E1F-A29A-47E4948872AF.jpg (800x800, 61K)

I don't know about that, but game pass is far better than ps now.

there's no difference now, the current limiting factor is wifi warriors which microsoft/sony can't control

>eck bock

both suck dick

nah. back in the ps360 days, the 360 online was WAY better than ps3, but these days theyre the same shit. i have all systems and i noticed that the bone downloads things slightly slower, but not by a lot.
games with gold is the equivalent to ps+, and it has been made really bad compared to ps+ to get people to pay (even) more and jump onto the game with gold+game pass combo which is more expensive.
paying for the privilege of using your own internet is completely fucking awful, though, and its sad that every company hopped on board the fuckwit train because people were dumb enough to buy xbox gold.

>ever forgiving Microsoft for making paid online a thing
Nope. Xbox Live will never be good.

This. Greedy cunts

Xbox Live was the first good online for consoles and I was a big Dreamcast guy. It wasnt even close back in the day and well worth the money. Sony has closed the gap but I do still prefer xbox live especially since mine converted to gamepass for $1.

It was universally agreed that to be the case on the PS3 days and that were a stretch even in those days. Not anymore.

>paying for online
I will never understand why you allow this. If Steam became a paid service there would be riots in the streets and Valve would be bankrupt within the day.

Online for consoles was literal dogshit before xbox live. That's worth something.

They originally had dedicated servers. It's also extremely retarded to hold it against MS but be okay with everyone else joining in

>360 online was way better
This is simply false. Only xboxfags would think so but Sony's 1st party games had superior dedicated servers while being free. MAG was an MMO and Microsoft had nothing like it.

They deal with it because there's no other choice if you're a consolefag.

Absolutely not. Xbox Live is far behind PSN and has been this entire gen. It's complete shit now. Xbox is dead.

How is it far behind psn?

Microsoft never had dedicated servers for their 1st party titles. On the x360 Gears was infamous for not only having shitty online but also having less players than what was a standard of the time.

Lacks many features that PSN has. PSN isn't full of ads. Better user interface. Significantly better servers and netcode. Xbox Live is an embarrassment now, they completely got left in the dust by Sony this gen in every regard.

It's completely dead since nobody either owns or plays their xbox, have fun waiting half an hour for each match for the lobby to fill

Brand enslavement will make you accept anything. Mark my words, when game streaming starts breathing down your neck the speartip will be whatever console has the most peons willing to dance to their tune.

not true at all for any game I play on xbox
uhh yeah they did. The shit started with og xbox and ps2 was a joke by comparison

Both are terrible and don't bring any real value. The fact that Microsoft pioneered this is disgusting.

This is where I check out. So much bullshitting and wrong information is spewed on here.

i was talking about the service as a whole. the ps3 had updates every fucking time i wanted to play something, and they took forever. i remember coming home from work and wanting to hop on some multiplayer before i crashed and there was always a 3gb update waiting for me. and who the fuck played mag? youre right about the dedicated servers, but there sure werent many of them. it was mostly p2p shit just like xbox. i had both systems and the 360 online was vastly superior.

weird, I remember never having issues with the ps2 games I played online

X360 had shitty online. X360 had no dedicated servers even though it had online play behind a paywall

Attached: 1561972352190.jpg (300x200, 8K)

this
same with nintendo's pay2play bs

Yes, seven years ago.

>matchmaking is vastly superior to dedicated servers
This is your mind on Microsoft

Lmfao the cope

>On the x360 Gears was infamous for not only having shitty online but also having less players than what was a standard of the time.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I have hundreds, if not thousands of hours across all the Gears titles and the shitty online is undeniable (much better in 4) but those games are popular as all hell.

God damn you can tell its peak euro hours with the amount of Sony dick sucking that's going on in this thread

>imagine paying a premium for a worse experience
>imagine paying a premium for matchmaking p2p

Attached: 13434234213412.jpg (422x422, 28K)

did you even read what i wrote? i said nothing i (or anyone) played had dedicated servers. all the fighters, sports, and fps games (except your beloved mag) were p2p.
anyhoodly doodle, both services are shit compared to what you can do on pc, and they make you pay for it. i cant even send messages to people on my switch. what the fuck is the friends list even for on switch? you literally cant communicate in any way with anyone. fucking retarded. its a good thing i dont play much multiplayer anymore.

Did you not read what I wrote here ?
Sony's 1st party had dedicated servers.

yeah, i know. and im saying no one gave a fuck about sony's first party multiplayer games. we're in agreement that it was awesome that sony offered dedicated servers for their games, but those games werent popular. i certainly dont remember playing even a single game that had a dedicated server on ps3, and i played fuckloads of games.
the download speeds, fewer and faster and more meaningful updates, and party chat functionality was way better on 360.
i cant believe how we've actually gone backwards with functionality. on ps3 and 360, you could just plug in a usb drive or insert a cd and copy the files onto the hdd. now it's
>lol fuck you pay us a subscription fee to use a music streaming service
and
>oh and lol custom soundtracks? fuck off, cunts. not anymore
why cant i play my own music in a racing game or whatever? i used to ten years ago. pathetic.

>i don't remember the ps3's dedicated servers games and i played a lot of games
I can give you 3 without having to look wikipedia.
>killzone 2
>MGS4
>MAG
I'll not dispute that the 360 had a better party chat and in-game music but that was it unless you want to count family protection as a feature kek. Microsoft man, this people are gigakikes. They fucked up the Juan with their non-stop greed and they cut down Mattick or whatever his name was but it wasn't him. He was the fall guy.

>people are saying MAG had good online

We called it LAG for a reason. Nobody gives a shit about dedicated servers when the netcode is so bad.

the fuck? they're both shit. kys

Let's be real, if it wasn't Microsoft it would have inevitably been someone else eventually

Attached: 1544063381024.jpg (680x907, 56K)

Anything is superior to PSN.
It's still just as bad as it was on ps3

>alright guise no need to shit on my favorite company, lets just shift the blame from microsoft ok?

>ps2 online
that crap was horse shit.

pretty sure you had to pay for the sega genesis online subscription. everything the original xbox was just a copy n paste from the sega genesis

I think you mean Dreamcast but I get your point