From a purely narrative standpoint, isn't a sequel completely pointless?

From a purely narrative standpoint, isn't a sequel completely pointless?

Attached: Dlt_fU9X4AAIhwr.png (640x796, 850K)

Yes but it isn’t being made from a narrative standpoint, it’s being made from a money making standpoint, like every other game.

i could say the same about Dead Space 3 but i still played this game
damn i'm doomed

They could still possibly find a cure to the infected using Elle somehow

>It's going to be another overrated piece of shit movie gam-

Attached: God Tier TLoU2 Gameplay.webm (960x540, 3M)

Which would make Joels decisions in the first part less meaningful.

That camera looks horrible.
And I assume it is just a case of smashing x or o at the right moment.

fpbp

still can't mass produce it

tlou is self-contained enough but that doesn't mean that there is nowhere to go. people are still trying to survive in the world and the main characters are still alive, with consequences of the first game's events.

Yes. Naughty Dog even said in 2013 that IF they were to make a sequel, Joel and Ellie wouldn't be involved.

This.

would it have been better to focus on a new main character that interacts with elle instead of playing as her?

>the main characters are still alive
99% sure Joel is dead.

based on what exactly

nah, Joel is still alive and Ellie dies in his arms after avenging the death of her lesbian girlfriend

yikes. this looks awful. i wonder how many times you have to mash the x button for this cutscene to finish.

to me it looks almost exactly like melee combat from the first game, with some added animation and a dodge.

A completely new set of characters and a new dilemma to be solved would make more sense. The story of Ellie and the possible cure was finished in part one. I guess the sequel will deal more with her relationship with Joel, probably after she finds out that he lied, but this doesn't seem that compelling outside of the context of a bigger struggle.

bet half of this is scripted just as the e3 demo of the first game was

Citizen Kane 2 kino

This is the nihilist standpoint of 'all fiction is pointless'

I'm kind of hoping the sequel just shows the society in further decay. Either foregoing the cure plot altogether or making the cure irrelevant because humanity is too far gone. Like in The Road.

Same punch lasers.

I genuinely don't see how the plot can continue in a meaningful way without lessening the impact of the previous game. What made the ending of TLoU a gut punch was the finality of Joels actions and the uncertainty of what comes next. If you continue the cure plot then you take away from that impact, and if you don't then where exactly is the plot supposed to go?

>where exactly is the plot supposed to go?
a deterioration of the relationship between Joel and Ellie as a backdrop, with some new drama introduced via new characters. where do stories ever go? writers just invent new conflict.

Does anyone believe that this is actual gameplay

Why wouldn't it be? Looks exactly like the first game except more polished.

Sure. The way the camera kind of snaps to the side when she dodges into the car reminds me of Uncharted 4 melee. She does an epic neck stab kill on the female enemy while the guy just waits. If you look at Uncharted 4 and God of War, I can see these animations being actual gameplay. It's probably a two button melee system, but yeah no it's nothing that crazy for Naughty Dog.

It doesn't look like the first game aside from the finishers and when Ellie lands strikes

Attached: 1552829619281.webm (800x450, 2.99M)

Pretty sure people said that they saw the person playing the demo during the E3 presentation. And I just went back to the 2012 gameplay reveal of the first game and it's fairly representative of the final product, but more scripted, and with button prompts removed. So I'd expect the same with Part 2, it will look a lot like the demo, but more gamey.

gutsy to stick with live demos after the Uncharted 4 reveal blunder hehehe

Don't know about a blunder. It happened around the time when people were extremely skeptical of E3 demos and it was just proof that's it's a real thing. From what I gather, people actually responded positively to it.

Can't make money off of that. Unless they make the third game a VN where Joel has to take care of and rape the corpses