I've just finished The Talos Principle, all endings, and DUSK Episode 3. Can I have some game recommendations...

I've just finished The Talos Principle, all endings, and DUSK Episode 3. Can I have some game recommendations? Something similar to Myst, not from recent years. Something that harkens back to an older time

Attached: 20190808172725_1.jpg (1920x1080, 830K)

Riven

check out Rama, based on the books by arthur c clarke.

witness

got too repetitive for me. I got literally to the last puzzle and couldn't be bothered to finish it. Also, I got about half way through all the environment puzzles

looks interesting, now I just gotta find a download

Obduction. It's cyan worlds most recent game. I picked it up out of the blue and it has that myst feel to it. It's even got some live action stuff mixed with the computer graphics.

I'm about 3 hours into it, just something about the 3D movement almost ruins it for me. I wanna be able to sit back and click ya know?

Have you played QUERN and Obduction already?
If yes you're pretty much left with GoG stuff. Schizm and Reah are two lesser known myst-like games that come to mind.

It has a point and click option.

Schizm looks real nice actually. Surprisingly GoG's saying it's 7.2gb lmao

oh, looks like I'll be completing it then. Thanks!

Never get any chance to shill this here so you can try Atlantis 2. It's a first person point and click with really odd atmosphere.
Don't start with the first game, it's rubbish and they're barely connected anyways.
Second one though is unlike anything, the plot is a spiritual journey through three unconnected locations where you interact with local mythological beings. Aztecs, China and Ireland iirc. It does good job at reflecting pure weirdness of old myths.

Attached: beyond atlantis.jpg (800x600, 134K)

I'm an absolute sucker for myths and legends and philosophy, I'll definitely be checking it out! It sounds reminiscent of the game Timelapse, which I never got to finish

Attached: Timelapse_box_cover.png (291x341, 169K)

it's fun until you get to the super annoying teleportation puzzles

Did someone say Talos?

Attached: 1565560092536.png (600x1000, 1.27M)

>I've just finished The Talos Principle, all endings
Did you already play the Road To Gehenna DLC?
It is in many ways even BETTER than the main campaign. Definitely harder from the get-go too.

Attached: 1484136730286.jpg (1920x1080, 868K)

OP have you played Outcry?

If you liked Dusk give Amid Evil a try. Think it's even better than Dusk.

Is this game like The Witness?
Because fuck The Witness

Not even close.

I'm waiting for it to go on sale cause I'm broke at the moment, not getting fee help for uni
I saw that game earlier but never found the name, thanks!
I'll definitely look into that, it looks really interesting and dark which I love

It is WAY better than the Witness.

It's The Witness if that game wasn't busy with smelling its own farts.

RHEM

It's more like bigbrain Portal. Has plot, puzzles are 3d and you actually interact with the level when solving them.

also you delve into some pretty good philosophical debates

Practically this. The fact that you don't process through the game's world and puzzles in some linear manner is a neat touch too. If you get stuck at some point, you can go try out other things and come back when you feel like it.

Also, this game may have THE most impressive Options menu(s) out of any game, ever.
Scales down damn well to totally underwhelming specs, and makes the game a great benchmarking tool to boot.

Attached: Talos Principle Video settings explained 1,0 2017.jpg (1582x3914, 2.01M)

In fact, it even HAS a benchmark function.

>played the game for 3 years
>only now realize this
Welp, there goes my free time

Attached: 20160705023128_1.jpg (1920x1200, 893K)