*pfffffffffffffttttt*

*pfffffffffffffttttt*

Attached: ppfffffffffffffttttt.gif (500x281, 959K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1qsgBF7ZIsk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*spreads lotion on cracked discs*

>fuck, it doesn't work

Attached: giphy.gif (400x224, 2.69M)

Recently i tried the toothpaste trick on my friends scratched Crash Bandicoot 3 disc and it actually worked.

>that kid who spit in the cartridge while blowing into it without realizing it and wondered why the game didn''t work

Attached: 1562974387474.jpg (480x360, 25K)

*spreads chapstick on scratched disk*

my games still worked but they stunk like a dead skunks ass

*put it in the console*
*slap the top of it overly hard*

It fucking worked, that's why it was done.

>open mario party 4 case
>literally a dead spider inside

virginity... GONE

snes never needed blowing it like that

>insert nes cartridge
>bend connectors when pushing down to seat the nes cartridge
>stops working after a while
>OH I MUST BLOW INTO CART TO MAKE IT WORK

>snes never needed blowing it like that
It absolutely did. Although, sometimes I would just get a Q-tip and wet one end of it, slide it in the cartridge and pick up dust/dirt, then use the other, dry end to dry it off.

>snes cartridge
That's how you know you're in the presence of a poser.
It was pretty much only a NES thing. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know shit.

connectors like that generally don't collect enough dust to actually cause problems like that unless you live in a really dirty house
despite what you believe, electricity is not that volatile

my grandpa used to think he was a DIY genius and rubbed generic contact cleaner on the pins for me. it worked most of the time but later in life i realized the pins the got loose and he was rubbing highly viscous chemicals on the carts for no reason. when i got older i realized just inserting the game and applying slight pressure to the left or right was all you needed

if your spit made it smell like that, you seriously need to brush your fucking teeth

The amount of retards that think they're so smart when they say this shit doesn't work. It always fucking worked, not everybody is so retarded they can't blow air without spitting like an absolute mong.

all retarded. the moisture from blowing into the cartridge increased the conductibility of the connectors allowing the cart to work properly

well then

Attached: magnet to make car go forward forever.jpg (1256x706, 92K)

>Have a scratched or worn down disk or a disk that simply won't work
>Spray it with deodorant
>It works perfectly

Attached: 1529943978796.jpg (622x616, 178K)

>that kid that slammed the cartridge with all his strength

Should I bother with getting a NES/SNES to play their games? I know I can emulate the games but I've read the colour correction is different on the actual console, plus it seems like a different experience if you play it on a TV. The only problem is that I don't have any 4:3 TVs/Monitors in the house, they're all widescreen. Plus, I'm autistic for physical copies, even if they're reproductions.

>ejecting spit when you blow
only subbhumans do this

Get the console, a PVM and a flashcart, no need to pay up the ass for old games you can get for free everywhere the quality flashcarts are like $100, but it beats paying $80 for a copy of super metroid. Look into s-video and console hardmodding if you're a europoor, but AV is just fine for NES/SNES/Master System/Megadrive if you have a quality CRT. A CRT is essential if you actually enjoy games, even the PS3/360 looks better on it if you have component cables.

Attached: 2b33befe736bb48793997310272f1566061bf7c5723e6891a954b0f5aba116a0.jpg (225x225, 20K)

Every time you exhale you're releasing moisture you fucking retard

I guess you’re the special one person who has no moisture in your breath?

This. '89 here, our NES stopped working when I was 4 or 5 and I remember my dad being REAL pissed off about it.
Never had any problems with our SNES. Had it from the early 90's all the way until just a couple of years ago. I'd been keeping it for when I needed some quick cash and I finally sold it a couple years ago.

>That one time my friend said he used nail polish on cracked disc

Attached: 1530143984828.jpg (404x267, 23K)

The only way to get these to work again is to take a Q-tip soaked in isopropyl alcohol and wipe down the connectors. Blowing on them only damages the connections.

>the moisture from blowing into the cartridge increased the conductibility of the connectors allowing the cart to work properly
lmao and you think everyone else is a retard?

This bad boy can fit so many Bing bing WaHoos in it!

I remember using toothpaste to clean up a disk after something got spilled on it since I read online that toothpaste works. That was probably one of my more stressful experiences. I was raised from birth being told how fucking fragile and expensive disks are and whenever I see someone mistreat a video game disk my blood fucking boils.

Not the same user, but I work at a retro game shop, and I can tell you that any and every cartridge requires cleaning at some point, it's absolutely not exclusive to NES. If the game uses brass pins to connect to the system, the pins are invariably going to get dirty. NES and gb/gbc/gba carts in particular are always really bad.

The reason blowing into them works is because your saliva wets the pins and helps bridge the connection. But in the process your saliva actually makes the problem worse long-term by dirtying the pins even more.

Just get some q-tips, 91% isopropyl alcohol, and run the q-tips along both sides of the pins vigorously. One or two runs should be enough for most games, but make sure to run some dry q-tips along the pins as well for the added friction and to dry off the pins. If it still doesn't play right keep doing the process or substitute the rubbing alcohol for either turtle wax or brass polish (both work well), but make sure to clean the pins extra well with alcohol after otherwise you'll just exacerbate the problem.

Finally, the reason the NES has it worse than any other cartridge system is the stupid slotting mechanism, there's this row of detachable teeth that always get bent and corroded over time (especially since so many regular folk would just blow into carts instead of cleaning them, basically coating the teeth in saliva and corroding the teeth), that's why you always have to wiggle the carts around to get it to play as time goes on. The top loader NES doesn't have this problem at all because by that point Nintendo didn't have to disguise it as a VCR anymore.

Also, it's thankfully easy but slightly tedious to fix the front loader NES, I replace the teeth for people regularly for about $15. It's often quite literally the only thing that ever needs to be fixed on an otherwise "broken system" so we buy dead ones all the time for like $5 a pop and restore and retrobrite them.

Attached: 1.jpg (262x278, 7K)

Same guy here and actually, the more I think about it the more I realize N64 carts are bar none the dirtiest, they almost never play on the first insertion and usually require multiple cleanings with alcohol and turtle wax. Especially the popular titles, I don't know how many goldeneyes I've had to waste time cleaning over the last four years.

Attached: 1532276467281.png (680x459, 270K)

>anyone who says otherwise doesn't know shit
>oh but yeah I clean n64 cartridges with the same issue all the time
kill yourself contrarian

Did these actually work or was it just a meme?

Literally not the same guy, buddy. That dude is an idiot. I'm the guy that works at a game shop and said every cart has to be cleaned at some point. I was just adding on to it.

Attached: 1556796773900.jpg (774x543, 30K)

It was a moisture thing, conducts the contacts better. Next time you are in this position do it open mouth no blowing (hurrdurr) and it'll work.

>Massive crack in ps1 disc, 1/10 of it was literally missing
>Works perfectly from start to finish

Attached: 1560178851235.png (341x340, 170K)

ah yes i'm sure he spat in his cartridge today

>Dad sands out scratches with sand paper
>it works

moisture in breath =/= spit you subhumans

memes didnt exist back then, zoomer.

>whenever I see someone mistreat a video game disk my blood fucking boils

be glad you never worked at fucking gamestop

What on God's green earth is wrong with her face?

Hold up, let me start this up. *loud whiring sounds while the smell of burning plastic and black smoke fills the air* there we go, awe that fucking sucks I need to pay 80 more dollars to play my games that already cost 60 to 80 dollars... That fucking sucks*proceeds to suffocate on smoke*

Attached: stadia.0.jpg (1200x675, 52K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: 2019-08-12_112011.jpg (586x592, 63K)

why are you so bitter it's obvious what he meant user

>opening the ps1 tray and grabbing the disc while it's still spinning and the game is running

Attached: 1302850673932.png (983x1073, 1.56M)

>PS1 stops working
>Turn is sideways
>Works again

Shit, my 80 dollar games are taken away because Google decided that the no no word I said on a completely unrelated website was enough to ban my stadia account. Guess I don't get to play the games I paid money for, not to mention it was money that I got from a physically demanding job that I bought the stadia to take my mind off of. Yep, money well spent

Attached: D2CR6GUWwAAoc2P.jpg (2000x1180, 70K)

>try to turn my xbox fat sideways because the bottom keeps getting hot
>SQUEEEEEAAAAAAAAK
>take out disc
>it has a ring shaped scratch
thanks

At least you have something physical that can't be taken away with the press of a button...

Attached: dims.jpg (1600x1067, 101K)

youtube.com/watch?v=1qsgBF7ZIsk

>tfw doing this shit daily in 20 fucking 19 on my ps4 controllers because the analogs drift

fuck

>use hammer
>it works

Attached: c4bb6632cf.jpg (185x185, 10K)

Disks arent that fragile anymore user.
They're virtually unfuckable since the PS3 unless you purposely break or scratch them.

>The reason blowing into them works is because your saliva wets the pins and helps bridge the connection.
blowing does nothing, removing and reinserting the cart is what does the trick. You're scraping off that thin layer of crud when you do it.

Xbox 360 and Wii used DVDs.

So this only applies to PS3/PS4/Bone. And yes, the servers that give us the day 1 patch that actually makes the games playable with he shut down long before the discs degrade.

That's not a positive.