Why do people circlejerk garbage like Doom, Witcher 3, RDR2, Planescape, GTA & God of War. But ignore this masterpiece?

Why do people circlejerk garbage like Doom, Witcher 3, RDR2, Planescape, GTA & God of War. But ignore this masterpiece?

Attached: Max Payne.jpg (766x1069, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MA8vd6lT_zQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Witcher 3 is garbag-

Attached: God Tier Witcher 3 Combat 3.webm (924x518, 2.99M)

Witcher 3 is literally a eurojank game with high production value. The story, characters, pacing, overworld & gameplay are all horrible

>try to play this game
>one of the first levels in the game forces me to go into a room with an enemy in basically every corner
>there are no mechanics that allow me to draw enemies out of the room
>there have been no grenades obtainable up until that point
>forced to go in and shoot every enemy
>die over and over
>eventually learn that I can draw one enemy out because his AI is programmed to
>basically play the rest like a gay cover shooter, firing at off angles to try and protect my limited health
>manage to finally kill them all
>open door to next room
>enemy placed in front of door fires at me and kills me instantly before I have a chance to line up my shot

Why do people like this game again?

play Fortnite

literally git gud

Eurojank IS good and slavjank is even better. You should stay playing just smash like other autistic amerimutts here.

This is why PC gaming is fucking irrelevant outside of emulation, PC cucks have incredibly low standards and consider even the most dogshit games as masterpieces because they have nothing else to play

Slavjank has no right to be as good as it is.

Attached: Stalker Gunplay.webm (960x540, 2.87M)

Those are all games in different genres with different audiences.

Max Payne is also widely respected as a good game.

Mr. Takahashi, go back to farmville.

>doom
>Garbage

You take that back you fucking whore

Attached: UltimateDoom_title.gif (320x240, 51K)

MY LORD

Can't tell if bait or really stupid

thats what bullet time is for, the game is harder than average shooters to make up for it

Literally the FPS equivelent of Skyrim, a complete piece of shit that needs 100s of mods before people consider it a good game. Nobody cares about this garbage anymore because of how horribly it aged

even though i like to replay doom and how it has that "arcade style" gameplay i can 100% agree its pretty overrated but not entirely garbage

It's perfectly playable with 0 mods only if you play on ultra violence any lower difficulty is boring shit

It's irrelevant now outside Yea Forums, at this point these are the only classic PC games that people ever talk about
> StarCraft
> Age Of Empires II
> Diablo II
> Baldur's Gate II
> Planescape Torment
> Morrowind
Occasionally you will hear a "System Shock 2 or Deus Ex", but that's about it

bullet time doesn't generally help in a situation like that. It doesn't matter if you can slowly line up your shot on one guy if you have two other guys shooting you in the back

>Still has one of the most active modding scenes
>People still make YouTube videos about it
>Irrelevant

Lrn2bullettime

>RDR2
>Garbage
Zoomer spotted.

Attached: RDR2 gunplay.webm (1280x720, 2.62M)

*poop*

So how does the scaling difficulty work in this? I think I heard that using quick saves makes it so the difficulty never resets, is this true?

Doom's level design is a bit overrated, but considering when it came out and how god damn intelligently it was made the shit's a miracle. I still prefer Quake, Half Life, and shooters that came afterwards, but Doom is still a damn miracle of intelligent game design and programming.

Shoot, move, use the roll if needed. Every bullet in Max Payne is a fairly slowly moving projectile, even without bullet time you can avoid hits with smart movement. The ending of the game is a bit too hard though.

youtube.com/watch?v=MA8vd6lT_zQ

The game is also full of soul, you can tell it was a passion project.

> Muh E-Celebs
> Muh Mods
Means nothing, it's a small but extremely autistic fanbase that dedicates their life to creating mods because of how outdated the game is.

absolutely braindead enemies. why do people think this is good?

HEY-UH!

WHAT DA?!

Doom gets a pass for having braindead enemies, ugly graphics & terrible controls, so why can't RDR2?

>think
I know it's good, zoomie.

Attached: RDR2 gunplay 3.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

>"muh nathon dreik hus a strap on his shutgun that moves when u move this shuld be the new standar in gamin"

Pretty much no version of Doom controls badly, assuming you're playing it on PC.

>slo mo and aim assist

I do really like how there's a shooter out where automatics aren't the only viable weapons, but this still isn't really amazing shooting.

>Doom
>Terrible controls

And RDR2 came on in 2019
Doom came out in 1993 that's a lot of time to develop better AI

sure user sure

everyone knows max payne was good user
it WAS good
3 came out seven years ago and most fans dont even like that one

Max Payne 1 is my favorite game of all time. Every time I replay it I get the same enjoyment from when I first played it.

Attached: 67759168_892032111163049_953178389739470848_n.png (800x597, 613K)

Do you prefer Lords & Ladies or the Pink Flamingo?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

You died to Rico Muerte's trap lmao. What did you expect breaking into his room?

it was very popular when it was released

....What game are you even describing?

I was talking about the bank vault part. Rico actually wasn't that bad

nobody did faggot
sizeable portion of Yea Forums adores this game and I still think about this gem from time to time

I never even heard of plane scape torment until i came to Yea Forums

I know Pink Flamingo is loosely based around Twin Peaks, but is Lords and Ladies based around something?

When I first played I assumed Pride & Prejudice (Especially because of the title), but it's a little too much of a soap opera parody for it to be that. The world may never know.

Probably overshadowed by Devil May Cry in the action category at the time.

So you aren't just shit but you're also playing like a passive bitch too. All bullets are dodgeable with movement alone because enemy bullets have travel time and their aim isn't perfect, same as projectiles in classic shooters. Constant smart movement will keep you fairly safe, but if that fails you always have the dodge roll with invincibility frames to back you up. You can even roll into every room in the game to check it out if you want and you are completely safe when doing this. Then you have slowmo which lets you attack enemies safely when doing all this. Also switch up weapons faggot, if enemies are far away use deagle or sniper, if they're at the mid range use dual pistols, if they're close use shotgun or uzis. Uzis in general are god-tier dps, pull them out when you're overwhelmed by enemies and you'll clear out the room. Once you get Colt Commando you can rely on it for most of the encounters.

Well in my defense, I am playing it on PS2 and I find the basic aiming difficult, seems very imprecise, small presses of the analogue stick sends the reticule like a whole body's length away. Otherwise I would play more aggressively because the game does clearly want me to

probably bold and the beautiful

>Well in my defense, I am playing it on PS2

Oh shit nigger what the hell are you doing

Attached: 1507295761446.png (485x443, 26K)

you'd have better luck playing it with a trackpad, jesus christ user