Name a bigger hoax in games than this

Name a bigger hoax in games than this

Attached: Grinch_leak.png (1405x1509, 2.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

smashboards.com/threads/isaac-for-smash-ultimate-goldensunday-shines-again.446390/page-742
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

half life 2: episode 3

>we still have no answers
nobody ever stepped forward to take credit. if you're gonna hoax this hard, how could you not take credit?
I just wanted to see the full art

I have no shame in having believed this because of just how fucking good a fake it is

Because he's going to hit us harder next game

if it hadn't been for that crystal it would have been flawless
I'm still impressed how the "green pixel" bit worked for Isaac.

You need look no further than MarioTehPlumber, his hatred for Nintendo and Rosalina fans combined with his deep pockets got us this hoax. Too bad he's too much of a pussy to admit it, even though he'd get slammed for it.

i love the cylinder with the image mapped over it. what was this supposed to be even? i can't believe anyone fell for this shit. the grinch was fucking brilliant though. the perfect touch to make this into a piece of meme history. shame nobody will ever think of it again. sonic in melee will always be more memorable

MTP

In the end we got Banjo anyway.

Wasn't it confirmed to be Grinch viral marketing?

MGSV.

sheng long

I still don't know how they pulled this shit off. It's ridiculously good for a fake.

i thought it was too stupid to be real and the artwork that apparently "took very long and too much effort for a troll to mastermind by only one person" looked kind of jank
not as bad as that one bravely default portrait tho lmao that face
seriously though, all those people who were so aggressively insistent that it's true that they would insult other people like me for not believing it and then they got btfo by themselves
i won by pretty much not doing anything

I didn't believe until the green pixel shit. It was too perfect; was it made by someone at Nintendo? It wouldn't surprise me honestly

Honestly, it wasn't even that the leak itself was convincing, it was the series of coincidences that kept supporting it
The banner breaking, the green pixel, the delayed direct, the marketing companies that got roped in
The stars fucking aligned perfectly to support it until that final deconfirmation
Otherwise it was just another blurry leak that would have been completely forgotten. The only well-crafted part of it was the printing that was used being the same as the involved company, but who knows if that was even on purpose

Attached: 1540834533827.jpg (1024x830, 130K)

So are you Luigi?

surely not. the hype of 7 characters compared to the last 2 who nobody wanted is a terrible idea for sales

did the grinch movie do well? what did nintendo learn from it? when is the mario movie supposed to come out?

If this leak is fake, then the guy who made it has to be the craziest person in the world going out of their way to make incredibly boring cardboard cut-out models using promotional material from the upcoming Grinch movie because he's thinking 47 steps ahead and knows that both Bandai-Namco and Universal studios contract the same obscure French marketing company. To this end, he then got himself an office, printed out the name of an employee of said company, and haphazardly half blurred out the name because, once again, he's some kind of super genius beyond the mental capacities of mortal man and he knew that the internet's crack team of cybersleuths would find his red-herring name in seconds.

This absolute Einstein of social engineering also happens to moonlight as an expert artist and after presumably spending hours carefully cutting and pasting characters from the Smash poster, he then went out of his way to produce 7 more drawings of his own with obscure elements like vines for Isaac that hardly anyone would be able to make out, and then, for the fun of it, he saw to making a completely unique drawing of the blank version of Battlefield just because he could. He made sure that this fake roster of his perfectly mirrored one posted on Yea Forums last month by someone whose first language clearly isn't English because he knew that people would immediately make the connection to the French marketing company that he is pretending produced this image. The fact that 5 new characters lines up with the 5 missing stages from Corocoro was all part of his master plan. He also made sure this coincided with Nintendo renewing relevant trademarks.

The lengths you have to go to believe that this is all an incredibly elaborate leak would make this man one of the most intelligent people to ever walk the Earth. This guy would be more competent than the entire government of Saudi Arabia when it comes to fakery.

I suggest you think about which outcome is more likely.

i'm gonna go with a yikes here captain

The Grinch used all of his energy to put Banjo&Kazooie in Smash.

The old Melee hoax with Sonic and Tails is the only thing I can think of that comes close. It was before everyone knew what photoshop was, so nobody thought it could be faked.

hell yeah i'm luigi

What the goddamn hell am I supposed to be seeing here?

>stupid cunts actually thought this was real

Attached: 1455027329443.png (912x905, 1.23M)

Mew under the truck

>that LOL was laughing at us all along

Attached: f.png (300x345, 24K)

Those weren't even coincidences, just your underage brain being bad at analyzing stuff and the echo chamber you created with other underages like you

Fucking retards, why the fuck would you believe this was real?
>Look at this SHIT, it has a ribbon this mean is GOOD shit!
>it still probably tastes like shit
>NO IT DOESNT IT HAS A RIBBON ON IT
>*it was really shit all along*
>HOW DID THEY DO IT!!!!!

i wanted to believe anything that actively discouraged the inclusion of incelroar, regardless of him being trash in the game or not. fucking gross creature to look at that's infuriating to play against solely because of his own faggy behavior, even if the one playing him sucks dick and doesn't take one stock.
we at least got banjo and stevecucks are dead and buried, so maybe this timeline wasn't the worst one

Attached: 1565560642707.png (300x250, 33K)

user, why would an underage look for those things to be correct? Every character on that final roster, aside from Shadow and Chorus kids, and maybe Isaac, was a boomer pick. An underage would be trying to disprove it.
Kindly correctly call me a retard for believing it instead.

They're like ceiling lights meant to hang low at events above the general booth(s) where the games would be featured or something. I forgot the actual term, but it's just another way of advertising it to people in the area.

it was too good to be true, the majority of the characters were newcomers with new movesets and they were going to be revealed at the SAME time.

I'm here. Yep, you got me. I lost, we lost. Our guys didn't get in. 2 were assists, 1 is a spirit. Ken was confirmed by that point, so at least he made it.

But you know what? Laugh at me. Screen cap this or reply with cringe--I don't give a fuck. Because I believed in what I believed in until the very last minute of the direct. My allegiance to the grinch didn't sway one bit. I was banned for posting the Howdy dog up until a few hours ago so i couldnt even defend my fellow grinchbros during the direct.

I'll never regret being a grinchbro. It was such a wild and fun ride. All the memes, all the camaraderie,and all the pure hype and team spirit. I don't regret it one bit.

Attached: 1541114104216.jpg (848x480, 55K)

Billy Mitchell's score

i wanted to believe, user, don't be a fucking bully

Attached: 1565555234780.jpg (417x339, 46K)

Even a fucking Italian would blush at this pasta.

This copypasta was pretty good

Mushroom Kingdom Hearts

Have you ever experienced the feeling of a womans entire body shudder as she rides your dick?

don't forget
>green healing orb had a sprout icon on it that resembled one of the spells from Golden Sun
>turns out it was just a generic sprout icon
I feel bad for Isaacfags

Attached: banjobackroom.png (828x621, 656K)

yikes lmao

Isaacfags suffered the hardest
>All those comfy Golden Sun threads leading up to the announcement
The Smashboards threads were a rollercoaster but Isaac hit the hardest

>was a boomer pick
i'm 38 fucking years old and i thought it was fake as fuck and also, banjo is overrated and sucks
pick a real boomer pick like qbert or lolo/lala or even the fucking tomato from kwirk
but banjo? that's a generation after mine, don't associate banjo with me, i didn't even like most of n64's catalog

Nah it wasn't a hoax, it was a real leak that just fell from a universe where we got cool characters instead of incineroar

ive stuck it in 2 women in my life and im gay now

Bigfoot in GTA San Andreas

Attached: qFbqJxG.jpg (1200x1200, 165K)

you might be 38 but you're also a newfag and or retarded if you don't understand how "boomer" works here

smashboards.com/threads/isaac-for-smash-ultimate-goldensunday-shines-again.446390/page-742

epic falseflag

What the goddamn hell am I supposed to be seeing here?

no
fuck off
stop associating banjo with "older people" in general
banjo is for zoomerfags like yourself but you won't admit it
when you can talk about gyromite, the stupid walking guy in the bonus part of pinball that looks kinda like that mario sonofabitch, thomas from kung fu which apparently was meant to be a jackie chan game, world class track meet, then we can discuss boomerisms
talking about retarded? the only people retarded here were the ones to fall for that stupid "leak" and then try to act like they were smart for falling for it

The moment I saw the cgi boxing ring in the smash direct I felt the largest wave of disappoint in my life.

How is a 38 year old not wanting a retarded bear from a console generation he didn't enjoy a falseflag? Is the idea of someone legitimately not wanting Banjo that difficult of a pill to swallow?

So what are your thoughts on Steve Minecraft?

don't give a shit about minecraft
why is it a war between banjo and mineycrap, they are both trash, though at least banjo qualifies as a game
starfox 64 and mario kart 64 are legit the only games i really enjoyed (that i played) out of the games on 64
i know my brother enjoyed blast corps but ehh, it looked annoying after a while

Star Citizen

Im still mad. Fuck me this was the greatest fake ever. Getting banjo, shadow, chorus men,issac,,geno, mach rider and ken. But in reality we got ken, incearoar, and plant. I will never ever believe or give the slightest attention to any leaks for the rest of my life.

I mean hey, at least Banjo got in

>the one green pixel on little macs shoe where Isaac had apparently been cropped out to be revealed at a later time since an earthquake happened right before a nintendo direct.

who remembers this madness?

Man waiting an extra week with all that speculation was something else. People were convinced issac was remove and to be showed at a different time because of the earthquake

The Grinch leak was real. It just came from a different reality, dummy.

You're absolutely retarded if you think it you believe this.

>tfw when Banjo gets added to the banner he the same pose and positioning as the grinch leak

Attached: Confused.png (870x720, 918K)

In the game of life, the holocaust

The sad thing is for the majority of people it fooled, it left a long lasting impression. When the ring first showed up I'm sure everyone who was looking forward to the reveal started to a bad feeling. But when this. This singular moment with the eyes happened. I think about everyones hearts just sank. Thousands of thoughts racing in there heads from disbelief to utter dread. At that moment, dreams we're crushed, hearts we're shattered into millions of pieces.

We didn't want to believe. We knew deep down it was too good to be true The reality, the real leak was so stupid and underwhelming that of course the Grinch overshadowed it. What reason would anyone believe the previous real leak? And yet the real leak went under the radar and was posted here before and went unnoticed.

Yet this Grinch taught us all one thing. Because of this no one will probably ever believe a leak ever again.

Attached: 46764756.jpg (1271x712, 39K)

When the eyes appeared alot of people thought it was shadow

This right here, told us what we wanted to know. Can't believe it flew under the radar.

Attached: 729.png (1187x370, 163K)

>Because of this no one will probably ever believe a leak ever again.
Because of that, people will believe insider's even harder than before. Fuck off with your retarded shit. You retards deserved to get your hopes crushed for refusing to believe to reason.

Considering how many leaks get posted surely we hit a point where its monkeys and typewriters rather than industrial sabotage?

it would be pretty cool if someone drew the grinch+all the others leak characters lending their power to banjo

that sounds pretty fucking dorky as shit

You mean Banjo (and Ken) betrayed the Grinch to gain the favor of the insiders.

Reminder that if you fell for this you're fucking stupid

Daily reminder that there was a timeline in which we both got the Grinch Leak characters and Incineroar, along with all DLC we have now and all future DLC we'll have.

Sucks to be in this timeline when you think of it.

I think someone did that during the Banjo vs Steve wars that were happening here on Yea Forums before this E3

>when Banjo gets added
he's already there on the website

Attached: opera_3m75fUpOdr.png (818x714, 1.65M)

Sometimes I forget that some of you are actually autistic.

It is a shame the conversation has just become shitposts, as it is actually a good study on how to do a convincing leak. From not stepping forward to get constant attention on you, how to add irrelevant details to make it seem more realistic to giving little bread crumbs for people to add up and figure out what the material being leaked was. A lot of leaks try that but never get it right, they hit a sweet spot here. Also got very lucky on some coincidences, they managed to frame it with a lot of plausible deniability.

But the conversation around any smash leak is awful, so it isn't surprising that people want to jump to extremes. At the time it was fun though to see someone totally finding one of the renders from the poster every hour, only for it to not match at all. It probably wouldn't have blown up as much if instead they just went nah looks fake and moved on.

God banjokes are so cringe dorks

it wasn't a convincing leak, that's the point. No matter how much you decorated it.

The leak was absolute shit. This leak just shows that retards will believe anything if there's a big enough group. And that's nothing new.

Attached: 1563887951906.png (503x513, 24K)

He's fucking in and there's NOTHING you can do about it.

the only good convincing leak was the Rayman leak for Smash 4, after that we already knew what Fake leakers were capable of.

He can shit on retards like you who will suck at the character they were begging years for

I've been following your responses and this is some next level autism right here.

I can still call u out for being a cringe faggot
Also what is banjokes obsession with haha he is in take that as it is something personal or him being in means anything like???? Is smash ur life I honestly don’t get it seems like people just wanted him to be in to go haha see this dead bear that seee haha he is in haha see we did it we meme’d him in seethe more liek???? Cool idk? Just seriously seems like u retards just want him In to be an annoying faggot and don’t actually like the character makes sense as it was nothing more than a meme hurrdurr nevar ever XD thing cool u whined enough and ur meme magk worked or something idc

please leave this site and don't return until you are an adult

Attached: fag.jpg (362x263, 82K)

why are you following them in the first place you stalking faggot

>faggot spacing
>reaction pic
>no argument
Face it u know that I’m right and anyone who says they acw Wanted him is lying only meme faggots and he duh next nevar evar XD he duhserve it retarded rosterfags wanted him so they can go hurr durr ur just salty hurr durr he in durrr take that durrr

Based sister, keep fighting the good fight against these banjoke shitlords!

Why are you acting like a Banjoke?

????? Do I know u

>Good fake
Cope harder you chromosome hoarder

>the stupid walking guy in the bonus part of pinball that looks kinda like that mario sonofabitch
He IS Mario, though. Why would anyone else be rescuing Pauline?

I think you got confused
Us trannies gotta stick together

>Yea Forums believes something ridiclous
>tell them they're dumbasses day after day for believing 5 fucking characters would be revealed in one direct, get told "NO U HAHA DENIALFAG" everytime
>Literally used fanmade smash renders in the blurry, out of focus screenshot
>The direct finally cometh and I got to laugh so fucking hard to see most of Yea Forums blown the fuck out

I still can't believe you fucks brought this shit

>fanmade smash renders
No.

that already exists

Attached: super banjo-kazooie saiyan.png (810x987, 897K)

lol retard

alright fatass, show me those renders then.

Kys tranny

only uderage kids and manchild faggots fell for it
fucking hell it was so fucking obvious and you faggots still talk about it like it's 100% legit
i guess this shit only showed avarage IQ of smashfags

t. underage

25 old ESL here, stop sucking my cock because i'm not homo, bitch

I wanted it to be true, but Shadow looks so fucking bad. Chorus Kids looked jank, too. The only thing that made me think it was plausible was Isaac. The grass is a nice autistic detail.

if you're allowing it to happen, you are indeed gay.