Killing Floor 2 Monetization

steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/1595883107398197199

>10 dollars for one gun.
>10 dollars. That's one third the price of the base game, which has 26 guns.

they just keep fucking up

Rhinos look pretty neat though.

Attached: rhino kf2.jpg (1024x600, 264K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vgchartz.com/article/438394/killing-floor-franchise-has-shifted-almost-10-million-copies/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>$10
>For a single weapon
that's worse than fucking Payday 2's DLC.

>we aren't making enough from our bullshit little Crates/Zeddconomy/Steam Community Market sales/Keys, so here's a $10 Gun.

I understand they've been putting in lots of """content""" over the years, but fuck man. This is almost embarrassing

Attached: 2aiboh9m25701.jpg (405x720, 66K)

I hope they bought a loicense to model that gun because I'm gonna report them.

I'd rather spend $10 on gacha shit desu

At least in KF1 you got 4 weapons for 8 dollars. With this and the shitty cosmetic unboxing system I'm half convinced that TWI does not know how to handle money.

Attached: ion thruster kf2.jpg (1024x600, 174K)

That's a very expensive pistol to have a very very cheap airshit red dot.

I'd complain but literally haven't touched the game for over 8 months and have no desire to go back

revolver =/= pistol

Attached: differences-between-revolvers-and-pistols.jpg (3000x3000, 536K)

>pistol

Attached: 1515115349234.png (1604x1162, 351K)

ok euro mcnoguns

Attached: Revolver Rifle.png (1100x825, 684K)

They were selling weapons in KF1 as well. Nothing new. I guess, you could say it doesn't matter since the game is co-op and existing guns are more than enough.
Play another game if you hate moneygrubbing scum.

>micro transactions in early access
>out of money

Attached: 1445912857628.jpg (520x320, 91K)

I was actually going to defend you but since you just outed yourself as not a Euro I'm forced to call you a retard, since some parts of Europe are the only places where "pistol" and "handgun" mean the same thing.

This game was on sale for 10 bucks a month ago and usually goes on sale for this price so it's more like buying the game twice for one gun

I don't care. Dropped this soulless pile of trash even before it released. I'm still mad I couldn't get a refund. Fuck tripwire.
I bought rs2 and I have decided I will never buy a game of theirs ever again. Fucking scumbag studio I hope they rot.

The packs in KF1 were multiple weapons but with this new model it's a single gun with a bunch of skins for more. If they reintroduced weapon packs but removed the microtransaction hell that is the zedconomoy I wouldn't care.

The definition distinction may exist since the terms pistol and handgun aren't exactly interchangeable. Its funny to see people sperg out over something so minor. On /k/ nobody would give a single fuck since it doesn't matter. Lets just appreciate that they classified picrelated as a "Handcannon"

Attached: 49465.jpg (533x329, 23K)

its been out of ea for like 2 years

>the microtransaction hell
If you remove that is there really any game left underneath?

Yeah, the shooting bit.

The problem with this model is that they will probably never lower the prices. Eventually there's going to be 50 DLC guns and in order to have access to every weapon in the game you'll need to shell out $500
Even if they cut the prices by 90% after a while that's $50 on top of the price of the game just to have a complete experience.

Maybe if they hadn't wasted a bunch of money developing an awful multiplayer versus mode that nobody wanted.

a revolver is a type of pistol you sperg

>semi-auto Pistol
ok retard

revolver is a type of handgun not pistol retard

who cares
the game is only fun for 3 hours

>weapon ortism

>charging that much for a weapon single/co-op game

Attached: 1565288016954.gif (342x338, 1.5M)

vgchartz.com/article/438394/killing-floor-franchise-has-shifted-almost-10-million-copies/

"earned over $100 million in revenue"

Turbo jews, fuck em.

How about a one off micro transaction so I can host my own games and play them with friends like in any decent co op game on PC
Thats literally the only way they're getting money from me, that or a sequel (but if it has mtx it should just be f2p)

To be fair they do put out some great updates for the game, and fairly frequently.
$10 for one gun is just really steep.

They have their cosmetics store, but I doubt it ever made all that much money. You rarely see anyone wearing the premium skins, the game's population isn't big enough to support an economy like TF2. Plus in co-op games people care less about showing off their epeen with expensive cosmetics.

N-no, man! It's a gun AND FIVE SKINS! I-it's a fucking bargain du-du-dudududude!

>that rhino
glad i stopped playing

Attached: 1447878329686.png (450x443, 102K)

>rhino with reflex sight
what the fuck

>playing kf2 in 2k19
>not returning to the soulful land of KF1

Whats the appeal of this game anyways?
Bought it for 3€ and played it with friends a few times.
Then deinstalled and never played again.
Boring as fuck.

Attached: 1549599434319.jpg (600x537, 38K)

>game comes out early access
>hack every level to be level 25 day one of class
>babies in serves rage and say they are reporting me to tripwire
>mfw
>crates come out shortly after
>no crates on market yet, put one up for $60
>someone buys it
>.10 the next day
>mfw
rip jew floor

Attached: 1418183062590.jpg (800x1136, 156K)

it looks goofy but i'm actually kinda glad they added a handgun with a sight gameplay-wise

aiming with ironsites was getting hard-ish compared to the other guns in the games with sights

It's a fun horde shooter. The different perks and how they can be arranged can give slight variations on how it's played.

The grind to 25 was one of my beefs with the game honestly. You did nothing wrong by cheating it up.

Attached: kf2 is loading.png (1206x1564, 1.23M)

>aiming down the sights of pistols in KF2
come on friend what are you doing

not him but it feels cool when you do it

i really enjoy hipfiring headshots

>The grind to 25
You can mitigate the slog without going straight to 25 and skipping learning curve (everyone can pretty quickly tell that you skipped by you not knowing shit). It's better to jump to 15 or 20 to get some key talents and level the rest normally.

base guns are good enough