Play Dark Souls 2 and/or Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, Yea Forums

They're fun.

Attached: 20190812133516_1 - Copy.jpg (743x1079, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cLQ_82Lnz4U
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBBJXQJJavX2t9PW80_xq4zdOLHYbVcm6
pastebin.com/mBNpUHbA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I uninstalled it a couple days ago after clearing Fallen Giants & Bastille, which is where I uninstall the game every time I try it again.
The game just isn't fun.

Nice image. Anyways, I gave it my fair share of chances and am done with it forever user. Sorry, waiting for OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: das2isagoodgame.webm (1280x720, 2.69M)

Attached: 374847262837.jpg (2560x1920, 1.72M)

/thread

>waiting for OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
based

No it's not, it's clunky and ugly as fuck desu

stop posting this you pasty ass incel

My man got that real dark soul.

t. needs 6+ rolls and half a second if iframes

When are you going to steal DS3?

Ballad Of A Bad Game: Dark Souls 2 Still Sucks

youtu.be/cLQ_82Lnz4U

Attached: jsmonroeshow.jpg (1048x522, 127K)

TRANNY DE-TEC-ED

>no DS3
based

I want to, but it just crashes on startup and I can't figure out why

Not a tranny, just a crossdresser.

>SMonroe
More like SteveManroe.

Elden Ring will be the open-world ludo DaS2 was supposed to be, before Shibuya fucked everything up. Fromsoft has the man-power to do it at this point. Worried about how much of a pull that fat fuck grrm has though.

Attached: 1560189889679.png (968x688, 1.67M)

Pretty fun game
I've duped all the stuff and items and passed themy down to a sm30,000 character that runs around harassing/gifting people in the early areas on ps4. AlwaYsidro a good time and it's always active... nice

Attached: 1565078539903.jpg (1920x1920, 404K)

>dark souls 2
I do on occasion
>SotFS
Fuck no

Tranny shit aside this was a solid analysis, Dark Souls II is indeed a shit game.

Retard.

But OP I've tried like three times and I really just can't get in to it.

I thought it might have been just me too, because I got filtered by DS1 at first but then I came back to it and now I adore it. But I really just can't do DS2.

I'm thinking of rolling a dex character. Are there any fun or effective powerstance options for dex weapons?

You're just shit

fantastic game with an original storyline that fits in well with the series, really fun combat that doesn't fuck around and much more nuanced storytelling than either DS 1 or DS 2
too bad the majority of people who are into dark souls are casual as hell and if the combat and story are not spoon fed to them they act like children and that's how you get easy stupid bullshit like DS3

kek. B Team and bandai are so shit

Started with Sorcer and have just been rapiering. Recommend an actually fun to use weapon

How do people possibly claim that DaS2's storytelling is more nuanced than the other games'? From the very first minute they're constantly slamming you over the head with how bad hollowing it, and the majority of NPC dialogue is "hmmmm I seem to keep forgetting aspects of myself, could it be that I am hollowing? hmmmm.....????"
And how do you claim DaS3 is easy when 2 has the most mindlessly simple bosses in the franchise? Half of them will literally allow you to wail on their asses nearly unchallenged.

>Miyazaki and GRRM partnership
>Two fucking hacks that can't manage shit and pump out nothing but unfinished and unrealized projects until they both accidentally struck water
>Then both proceeded to poison the well with complete dogshit releases
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH is going to be a catastrophe and it's going to be fucking great watching Souls-fags and a nuGeneration of Elden-fags try to paint the clusterfuck as a brilliant and flawless narrative. It'll probably be on par with Snyderfags from Yea Forums.

Attached: 1529253212369473.gif (416x307, 2.58M)

Post your characters.

My dual-wielding katanas/scimitars waifu.

Attached: WaifuSouls.jpg (1600x900, 334K)

t. Needs a controller to play and cant beat the game with a dance pad.

DS2 is a sandbox of the series. Insane freedom in navigation and how you play a game.

I would say it is more of a dungeon crawler than your average Souls game.

Attached: heide.jpg (1196x946, 815K)

Because it was made with Kingsfield sensibilities rather than a Souls 1 mindset.

>Slaps your Firekeeper.

What do?

Attached: 1564161488747.jpg (1920x2457, 527K)

Beating it once was enough for me. Additional playthroughs just didn't have the same fun as DaS1. Also, to be somewhat petty, I feel it has a very ugly look, and some of the textures look like it's painted cardboard.

Attached: 1379105090729.jpg (591x568, 83K)

How so? Every area feels just as much of a "level" as it does in any other souls game. I'd be interested to hear more.

Git gud

dilate

Which version? I started DS1 and love it. I plan to buy DS2 despite the difference and downgrades but I don't know which version.

well if you like stories and storytelling then it is obvious DS2 is the greater in the trilogy, it covers a much much larger breadth of lore and has very tenuous connections between all the things

if you like being told exactly what's happening, like a movie, then DS1 and 3 are probably going to be your preferred games, they have much less complex themes and ideas

the bosses in all DS games are basically the same thing so I dunno why you even bring that up

Cast dark bead

Go with Scholar of the First Sin since it's the updated version. Visually, SotFS has slightly more visual fidelity.

Did you not watch/listen to Mauler's attack against the defense of this game?

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBBJXQJJavX2t9PW80_xq4zdOLHYbVcm6

I already did, played it quite a bit when it came out. I remember being on the "it's not as good as dark souls 1 so it's bad" bandwagon back in the day but nowadays I almost feel like it's weirdly commendable for being the dumbest souls game to date.

>start up new game+
>get ganked up the ass in the very first area
Nah maybe another time

It's really not fun, although it is remarkably bloated. Not only is there too much of everything but it's also slower. ds3 is the only other soulsborne game that comes anywhere close to how hard ds2 is tilted in favor of quantity over quality.

God fuck this quantity over quality faggot. He could have made an hour long video and left it at that instead of delving into so many tangents with his annoying, monotone voice

he did summarize at the end

>new game+
>ganked
??????????????
you have all your shit

yes they are

Based. Get fucked.

Armor set?

Where is this beautiful creature's patreon?

Attached: soyman.png (1154x1062, 795K)

But I have been playing it. Nobody fucking summons outside of the first few areas.

Attached: 1561077733318.webm (900x506, 2.87M)

Why is Miyazaki such a fucking genius bros? No one can write item descriptions like he can.

Attached: mfw i punch some nazies.jpg (303x335, 26K)

I just replayed ds2 after 100%ing sotfs a couple of year ago.

Now I can finally says that's it's the easiest of the 3 but it's also the most fun to replay.

Also sotfs is better than ds2 but ds2 has more soul

>btfo's DS3

Attached: 20190809231939_1.jpg (1920x1080, 341K)

Optional bonus area

What does ludo mean?

Vidya kino

Welp, this is it Yea Forums, think i'm just gonna end it here, I dont think I can take this shit anymore.
>epstien shit has me freaking out
>just lost 3k in stocks
>family wants to kill me
>keep hearing niggers and homos giggling 10 feet from my window every night
>get gang stalked every single day
>older brother has recently came out as a tranny and has admitted he has sexual feelings for me
Since you guys have always been my favorite board, and kept me entertained. I'll return the favor. I'll be streaming my suicide in about 10 minutes. In the mean time, I shall answer any questions, suggestions, etc

>inb4 go out in a blaze of glory
No, not going to ruin other peoples lives.
>inb4 why dont you make your own thread
ISP is blocked or some shit. so just posting this in first thread i see.
>inb4 is there anything i can do to change your mind
Nope, its Happening.

stream URL and quick rundown:
pastebin.com/mBNpUHbA

See you all soon.
~GD

Attached: IMG_3728299_37372_293942019.png (569x427, 334K)

Play DS2 instead.

Based

Wont watch because dont have discord

>be SJW
>defend DS2
>say you like Lifegems and Mattewmathosis is a hack who can't play
>get 10 hours worth of critique from a condescending guy because of those things

Attached: 538px-HBG_main.jpg (538x599, 29K)

Based Mauler

>be a contrarian retard
>like DS2 for cringe reasons

>be cool me
>like DS2 for based reasons

Attached: wilson.png (717x1024, 922K)

Attached: nice LOD.jpg (1920x1080, 685K)

the game still has that sweet gameplay and thats what games is all about, just see nintendo or even emulating old school games, heck even fortnite is fucking popular with that godawful graphics.

But yeah it looks like shit.

In this case you can have both though, there's literally no excuse when the city far off into the distance in 1's Firelink Shrine looked far better

Attached: ds3 lod.jpg (1920x1080, 632K)

As soon as you start seeing ds2 for what it is, it becomes a lot more enjoyable.
At its core, it's still the same gameplay that soul fans like, if a little easy.
Your second playthrough of ds2 will be the most fun, since you can play in a way that negates some of its issues.
But that doesn't change the fact that it has issues, if you look at ds2 critically, it's terrible.

Laugh as the slow fatass swings his sword for 2 hours and can't even aim correctly

It's funny how both II and III are just as flawed yet for completely different reasons

You're absolutely deranged if you think that 3 has as many issues as 2.
It's played safe but on every single fucking level it's a much more competently made experience.

Attached: 374847262837.jpg (2560x1920, 1.72M)

haha nigga

topkek

Attached: DNssCtLV4AIXlWl.jpg (680x535, 47K)

I have like 1300 hours in DkS2 and have no reason to ever go back to it

What are he even reaching for? Is there some invisible watermelon I can't see?

how it feels to be a nigger?

ds2 BEST PVP hands down and it was a great game. fuck the haters i played this one more than 1 and 3

I am aware that DS2 has better balance, some better features, etc. than the other souls games, but the aesthetics and feel of the game are SO BAD that I can't bring myself to play it again, it just feels clunky and looks like a Chinese ripoff of souls

Attached: 1513827551433.png (392x336, 191K)

I replayed it a while ago, I was going to do the DLCs but the first was so fucking shit I dropped them

Attached: 1563966213372.png (540x527, 478K)

Honestly this. SotFS feels like it tries to punish you for knowing the game just like DaS2 as a whole tried to punish you for knowing DaS1. It's just a little too much. I like the Persuer changes, but that's about it. Everything else feels like a shitty, immersion breaking mess.

Plus needing to find the DLC keys out in the wild kinda sucks ass

Vanilla > SOTFS

DS2 is good because it's different IMO.
The souls games playing differently is what adds charm to them and makes them distinctly worth replaying instead of just playing the newest/oldest one.
Even if people don't like it because it "feels off" I cherish the fact. it makes it less of a "here's D1 with new levels" and more of a new game that feels familiar.
I'd reinstall it but I've spent over 200 hours on it and sucked it dry.

Scholar if only for the fact that it feels like more of a complete game. Having not played 2 vanilla, you won't have to deal with the jarring as fuck experience of seeing random enemies placed in the wrong area since you have no frame of reference. Just abandon all ds1 knowledge at the gate and try to think of it as its own thing rather than a sequel.

How do you feel about 3? I'm not here to argue which is the better/worse game, but did the movement in 3 make it feel more like a genuine souls game to you?

That's because your host entered the fog gate first and the dragon's first attack is a forward fire breath. Not defending it though, but it's funny.

I’m pretty much done with souls games for now so I’d rather not. Though I have beaten ds2 more often than the other souls games combined

I did though, I even got all the achievements and maxed everything out best I could. It has shittier level design than 1, but has a few nice changes I think are a shame didn't make it into later games.

At least those buildings make sense.

Attached: QUALITY architecture.jpg (1920x1080, 828K)

>Expects even the tiny parts you'd never look at to be fully rendered as if you'd run around down there at some point - extra work for no reason - and still expect everything else to run perfectly

>This fantasy world with strange unique features such as off-shore prison towers, castles capable of standing in lava and splendid giant shrines constructed on immensely tall rocky platforms couldn't possibly have a structure whose rooms simply protrude into the outside

You're both retarded and I'd like to see you make a game with an aesthetic that's as consistent as Dark Souls.

For an SJW he is pretty nasty with people that are just talking about videogames, like Mathosis, he couldn't just disagree with him, he had to make fun of him.

>doesn't know the difference
I guess you don't believe in DSM-5