Did 2008 Yea Forums like this game upon release?

Did 2008 Yea Forums like this game upon release?

Attached: file.png (220x254, 102K)

newfag

Yeah actually, people loved it in 2008. I still do.

I liked it. Still do. I think it's the weakest MGS apart from PW, but I still like it.

>1.5 hour long cutscenes

fucking waste of time

Moot even made the board play the theme of love after he beat it for a while.

Yes.

Also moot trolled Yea Forums with it when it came out

>game

Attached: MGS4Cutscenes.png (1262x206, 132K)

Attached: file.png (1600x900, 1.62M)

I love MGS4 because it feels less like a real game and more like a fever dream. Most times I forget it even exists desu

Never 4get

shut the fuck up newfag

Yeah. Even made one of those top 100 games charts Yea Forums occasionally makes.

I went into MGS4 totally and completely blind and fucking loved every second of every bit of fan service. I had played Metal Gear in the early 90's on NES. Had the kids novel based on the game. I fell in love with MGS upon its release, not realizing for the longest time it was a continuation of the NES game. I fucking loved that series... It hurts bros. It's never coming back.

All I remember is that this and GTAIV got 10/10 on ign that was my main source for gaming related information at the time, prompting me to purchase both games and act smug to the guys who got xbox 360's instead of a ps3.
Those were the days.

Going back to Shadow Moses was awesome.

Yea Forums was nothing but MGS4 11/10 GOTY A MASTERPIECE BY KOJIMA for months after it was released, it was practically the one game Yea Forums could ever have been said to have unanimously loved until seething xbox drones started shitspamming "le epic movie xd ps3 no gaems" because people forgot the 360 existed

then it was forgotten because Yea Forums became Nintendogaf in 2011, and all the mobilefags jacked off to peace walker in 2013, the DMC fags jacked off to cuhrazy senate man in 2015, and MGS5 finally dug the series' grave for good, which is where the contrarian PCfag historical revisionists are currently at because they were actually able to play that one instead of being proper idorts like the rest of us

I cry every time

>tfw Laughing Octopus tricked me with the cardboard box trick
I had spent the whole series laughing at the silliness of it and how it would never actually work. Then got tricked by the same damn trick. Felt stupid.

>insulting GAF in 2019

NeoGAF is based and redpilled these days.

Did 2015 Yea Forums this game upon release?

no. the answer is no

Attached: file.png (770x420, 331K)

There was a lot of shitposting about its lack of colors.

>NES game
user... you've been spoofed

I was in the worst denial when it came out you played as medic snake. It still hurts. The wasted potential. The game we could have had. Diddled by Kojimbo's little yellow fiddle.

>he's never tried it in real life
Nobody suspects the box.

Best game in the series

>Twilight Princess
>GTAIV
>MGS4
What the FUCK was up with every 7th gen game using brown/orange filters for everything?

>this amount of cope
mgs is dead and kojimbo's incompetence is partially to blame

Come on dude, don't act like you were aware of the MSX games prior to '98/'99. I played the english patches myself sometime around 00/01

Also Fallout 3.

I said Nintendogaf. Yea Forums is Nintendogaf. This wasn't such a problem at the time when it first happened, but it has negatively colored impressions of Sony games on this website in general, especially older ones that don't usually have active Internet Defence Forces. It seems the only actual Snoy IDFs allowed these days are RDR2 threads.

Oh and by the way, props to whoever came up with Snoy, they finally got a good slur for PS fanboys like myself. Way better than PS-fag or Sony-gger or Sony-pony, those insults were weak.

I don't even know what you're trying to say to me. All I was saying is that using "(x)gaf" as an insult doesn't carry the same weight these days. Hasn't for a couple years.

And Gears of War.

Yea Forums liked and still likes this game

>horse poops on road
>jeep drives through poop
>jeep slides off road
I honestly can't find a single flaw in MGSV after that.

Zack Snyder's 300 and it's brown colour scheme
It (alongside J.J. Abrams' Star Trek and it's lens flares) became the stereotype for a Hollywood blockbuster for a reason.

Yes

It meant you didn't have to devote resources to making things look pretty or artistic. Just 'realistic'.

What a blunder that was.

It's funny, I expected Peace Walker to be a drag but the focus on gameplay (even if that gameplay was heavily simplified in comparison) made it a breath of fresh air after how obnoxiously setpiece-heavy MGS4 was.

You just got to sneak around some dudes with a solid framerate and that's all I can ask for

>did Yea Forums like a game upon it's release
Take a wild guess.

Only Metal Gear Solid game I didn't finish. Got so bored of it and that's a shame.