UNIST Thread

Feels like a Monday

Attached: DwCJrY7XQAAJbLK.png orig.png (1000x1349, 601K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCGgGG2ufGtXNCXzNGPmAVRg
youtube.com/watch?v=G7jWudJzPUs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pass is vee
We march to 2020

Attached: DF9Gx6GUQAAjYBh.jpg orig.jpg (708x1000, 99K)

>Spend a good chunk of the day practicing Orie crap
>Barely remember it already
All too familiar feeling.

Attached: Chibi Elt.png (128x128, 29K)

Are you trying to get the 623A > 5A link stuff or the regular land > 3B > 214B stuff?

623A > 5A is what I've been doing since it feels easy to do. Didn't even try doing 3B into 214B instead.

kw: pclobby
gonna try something new for fun

Attached: tumblr_o4jfb7lKQk1v027vmo4_1280.png (1280x1183, 983K)

Cute Yoshi

Attached: 24309.jpg (1450x1871, 409K)

You want the 623A > 5A link off of bigger confirms while you want the latter off of light stuff

PS Lobby or PC Lobby? Decisions, decisions.

Gimme an example of one because all I've been doing is blah blah into 623A 5A 5C or 623A 2A 5B 3B

Razzy did you move to Brazil over the weekend?
This cannot be me I had a tech from the ISP here today who repaired a loose connection on the pole, and I've replaced every single fucking piece of network equipment in my house over the last couple months.

Attached: 1549882221046.jpg (456x434, 100K)

Sometimes I regret living in the middle of nowhere. It's impossible to get a good connection to anyone.

Who knows, I've only fought you and Hippie in the lobby so far and the match with Hippie was the same if not a little better than usual.

Slowly but surely

Attached: 56699303_p1.jpg (571x570, 216K)

blazeblue cross tag battle

Newfag to fighting games, I just really liked the characters mostly Enkidu and Mika and watching my brother play, should I do the tutorials ingame and any other resources you'd recommend practicing/learning?

Attached: 1536781613296.jpg (898x709, 162K)

Tutorials and Mission Mode
Watch pros play and adopt good habits
Practice and fight others

do some missions, don't worry if you can't finish all the tutorials, the advanced stuff is legit advanced. after you have a short combo down hop online and play, it is the best way to learn.

Attached: MikaNerd.png (178x178, 56K)

Any tips on Gord's 4-11 mission. I can't seem to get the 3c to connect.

Attached: DFmGRyVUAAABixc.jpg_orig.jpg (631x478, 59K)

Like if you ever get a B normal or above, just default to 5C > 2C > 4C > jB > jC > j214A > 623A > 5A > etc
The latter combo you noted with the 2A link is usually for the corner conversions after the DP

Aww, couldn't block after that huh? That was a nice CS to catch my roll.

You want to delay the 5C as much as possible before the IC flash makes it an overhead.

Do the tutorials, pick a character and do their mission combos, typically up to 4-1 is a good goal to aim for.
Really all you need is a basic bnb combo.
Don't worry too much about the option select tutorial lessons, they're useful but you won't need them til later. Just focus on the fundamental stuff.

Pretty much just doing 4-2 mission combo if I land with a B.
I use the 2A version when I do my 5A combo.
>5A 5C j.2C j.214A 66B d.623A 2A 5B 3B 214B 2C 4C 214B

Attached: Think.jpg (200x275, 18K)

trying hilda is making me feel retarded

Attached: Pöpräpitäjä.jpg (455x584, 41K)

f uck

Attached: Mika 2a.gif (100x100, 22K)

Thanks anons, you're too kind. Will go practice.

Attached: 1537394286177.jpg (561x695, 79K)

Knowing your connection, trying for a 623A > 5/2A link off a light confirm isn't going to land all too often, might want to readjust that to the jB > jC > 3B > 214B stuff

Thank you user I've finished his other missions but this one had me stumped for a few hours, will give it a shot tomorrow.

Those worms need to see a dentist

I remember being stuck on that one for a while before it finally clicked.
If you can get through that and the Grim Reaper conversion 4-2, you should be fine.

I made a second PSN lobby

I will try to not do 623A, but after doing 421B on Eltnum so many times I kinda like doing DP motions in combos.

>mostly Enkidu and Mika
Good taste.

>Enkidu
Based

Attached: evilpriest.jpg (1002x647, 60K)

Cool beans. I'll hop in after 1 more go in lobby 1.

Did kamone end up competing at EVO? I thought he was but I couldn't find his name anywhere in the brackets, I was curious to see how he'd place in his own game.

I can't block overheads to save my life

It's far easier when there's no lag due to online, I wouldn't worry about it.

>you can do the second part of Carmine's blood splatter while doing the air version

Neat.

>went to locals
>was actually blocking merkava overheads for the first time in my life
on the other hand I dropped LITERALLY every combo that day because I hadn't adjusted to the lack of delay on their setups, but the defensive part was nice

Who's the most contrarian character I can pick by Yea Forums standards?

I don't think he did, put apparently he's placed highly at other tournaments using enkidu.

Attached: EBglIWeU4AAdU7h.jpg (900x652, 143K)

Don't take too many lessons from Enkidu's mission mode actually, most of it is too basic to help you all that much. Take notes from the game's developer, he uses some basic stuff but they're more usable than the mission mode stuff. Not-so-great mission modes only extend to Enkidu and Wagner though
youtube.com/channel/UCGgGG2ufGtXNCXzNGPmAVRg

Carmine.

Please. I have no idea how to fight this character because no one ever plays him.

He did not. He said that he wasn't planning to and preferred to watch from the sides during the FB stream a week beforehand.
He did place Top 16 at KSB though
Nobody because we do technically have all the cast repped in some way or form

You're welcome

Attached: EBK1rAvXkAAgQSO.png (128x128, 20K)

Carmine is probably the rarest.

How come I can't block them even offline then?

You're new to the game and don't recognize the overheads or asleep at the wheel.

HILDERP!

Now that we said it, Kaizer is going to show up in a week and then disappear again

I'm not new... and I-I'm definitely not asleep at the wheel... I swear...

speaking of carmine, it was fun running some offline sets with jojo at evo, I definetly felt my improvement since our last online set.

k i fucking hate trying to play hilda

Attached: nanako_nofighting.png (584x200, 89K)

It depends on if you play on PC or PSN since both lobbies have their own representations. Although Carmine is rare on both.

The only thing I don't like about playing Orie so far is that she doesn't have a gun or a fireball I guess.

Attached: Ai yi.png (237x292, 165K)

I forgot that shit whiffs up close

Attached: mikaohno2.png (500x500, 158K)

This must be the first time I've seen carmines iwex.

There's this weird interaction with freeze supers like Carmine 22C/Byak 623C that makes the IWEXS flash not proc the actual thing
So everyone just prefers the IW

k pclobby ggs ill leave the lobby up but i got work in the morning

Attached: 1530039562381.png (537x328, 371K)

Why does Carmine even have one? At least Byak uses his freeze time to set up webs, Carmine usually just awkwardly slaps you with 1 or 2 IC normals after taking a GRD lead.

ggs bro

Cant find the pclobby kw is the same as always right?

its full right now

Carmine sets up 214[x], charges GRD, and do those completely unnecessary side-switches to occupy your head with.
You haven't fought too many it looks like

Am I retarded or is akatsuki fireball not plus?

can’t do the 3-x yuzu combos to save my life. just end me

>--- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---
>407 packets transmitted, 370 received, 9.09091% packet loss
BRB gonna drink myself to death

Attached: 1556534207855.jpg (537x600, 301K)

Distance based

I think only the ex fireball is plus

> -6
god damn I am retarded. It must be because I play a character with slow normals then.

Nice CVO combo Lamp!

Waifu always does a 66C right after the fireball, that usually gets me

>Didn't have enough meter for VO

Attached: Active Reload.png (540x604, 392K)

Considering there's only 5 of us anyways, I don't see the point of splitting the lobbies.

yeah that's what I tried but it didn't work. It must work on me due to slower A buttons.

gg pc bros

This is the only character that does matter

I'm glad he's coming to BBTAG with hoes mad tank

Attached: Profile-akatsuki.png (985x1966, 851K)

Will Enkidu get in?

Attached: Enkidu.png (1625x2050, 1.12M)

Sai needs to come in and punish the air abusers.

Attached: sa_l.jpg (480x480, 80K)

Love the Suzaku spin kick he does

Attached: 1563790094217.gif (128x128, 5K)

Go back to your thread, dinner breaker

He's already in the game, are you stuck in uniel land or something?

As popular as Akatsuki and Enkidu are, I wish there were more good players for both.

No one likes waiting for their turn.

I just wanna land 1 (ONE) whole combo as Orie. This is even harder than delaying Hyde's rekka in netplay.

Attached: Ao Disappointment.png (566x573, 475K)

then go back to playing ranked or doing two man lobbies, why are you here?

TIME FOR ANOTHER EPISODE OF I TRY TO LEARN HOW TO DASH BLOCK

Any akats playing in PC lobby or can I shelf this as a meme

Pffft, 8 frames

It went down at least, but I'm gonna chill for a second.

I'm trying to learn him as a secondary also plan on dabbling in Wagner but thats for another day

I have to wait for ranked and 2 man lobbies too, and the connection of randoms are usually worse than the connections I get here

i hate reruns ;_;

Attached: Mika round start.gif (200x192, 436K)

I'll take that as a no then and chalk it up to memeing bbtag kids

> hippie plays carmine
> proceeds to always mash on wakeup
I swear playing this character turns your brain to mush.

I'm here because ranked is dead and I don't feel like waiting for my turn. Why do you have a problem if I want to play instead of waiting 15mins for my next turn.

His 5A beats my shit so easily

Hippie showing everyone how much of a gorilla Carmine is

Attached: rin.png (492x500, 347K)

It's UNIST; being a gorilla is a universal mechanic.

>these wakeup grabs
Jesus christ, it's like I have a negative stat in my ability to meaty

>you can csy to block yuzu parry
well that's something new to me.

It's netplay so you actually do and it's listed at the top of your screen.

CS*

That IWEX wasn't on purpose, first of all, and I keep doing 66C since I think I'm playing Eltnum.

why is it whenever I play against carmine I can't do anything? He puts the trap down and if I press a button I eat a fullscreen counterhit run up confirm

Attached: D5_wYoFWwAUa66H.png (500x500, 160K)

the frames are getting higher and higher

Because Puddle + 623A makes me plus as shit

frame delay is getting bigger

and because I probably have a better idea of playing Carmine than you do with anyone that isn't Mika/Merk

Does Carmine's pressure end or do you get to keep going until you're tired of burning HP?

Damn the one time I don't join Hippie plays Carmine.

literally every special he has is plus, fuck this character. can't wait for him to get nerfed even harder in the next version.

It ends unless he has a pool already out close to you to throw out a wheel and/or CS to keep it airtight.
Not like I know any good Carmine blockstrings aside from replicating what I'm seeing

ggs pclobby

Bye PC friends, I was able to play today thanks to insomnia...

Attached: d0364281aa080326227d276c68e111fa2d29c0a434c99b6972587f2782c78641.png (1500x1500, 707K)

Attached: 1397797093783.png (718x538, 375K)

good thing you have a move that creates the puddle that's only minus 1 on block to easily bait people to pressing a button and then hitting them with the negative edge projectile.

ggs pc lobby
some day i'll learn proper defense

Attached: Maybe tomorrow.png (600x440, 143K)

Good thing I suck with this character

This is driving me insane. I've done everything in my power to get it fixed and nothing fucking works. If I could just say fuck it and head out to locals to not deal with it I wouldn't give a shit but it's a 5 hour round trip for me so I need to plan an entire day around the excursion.

Attached: 1534727822391.jpg (624x480, 54K)

Anyone play Chaos Code?

Attached: D_4xa5jXsAA3sJJ.jpg (900x900, 72K)

I'm down to either later tonight or tomorrow night if you'd like.

where the fuck do you live that you have to drive five hours?
Ohio? Arkansas?

more like Chaos' Chode haha gottem

Right outside of New York fucking City but I have no car and trains to Brooklyn are hell.

Locked out of PS4 at the moment. Just wish the game could also be on switch and the sequel can be released.
Don't insult the poverty fighter.

Attached: Kagari-12.jpg (1024x768, 147K)

ggs PC lobby. I think my brain stop working for a second in that last fight because right after I used CS I messed up right away and tried to CS again. By the time I got sorted out I was already dead.

Fuck PSN, why does it disconnect me every single night even when I'm not lagging much.

I think I'm gonna call it here PC lobby.
Fun times.

I was playing today and I really fail to understand why Enkidu is low-tier.
Is it because everyone else is running full-screen normals to spite him because when I was using my t-rex arms Akatsuki, I found myself getting countered in Neutral because of Enkidu's larger limbs.

Everyone's playing Koihime now.

enkidu has a lot of problems, his normals are slower start up and much worse on block than most of the cast, his throw puts the opponent far away from him so he can't follow up, his overheads are on the slower end, his movement speed is bad, his regular parries don't do much and his ex parry is awful. He just generally has to take bigger risks and work much harder than most of the cast to win.

Attached: D-LRvVMU4AAOte8.jpg (557x674, 69K)

Ouch I really fucked up with that VO

Attached: 1543547787725.png (252x221, 110K)

Question: basic combos are hit confirm special move outside of hougeki right?

You have a fireball, 214, a double jump, air-throw, and 1 frame parry.
Enkidu excels at a certain range so he's not always going to be terrible but he has a terrible time getting to that range and maintaining it

GGs PS peeps. Might be back later if everything works out after some gym time.

Attached: linne60.jpg (450x632, 104K)

How many in lobby 2?

It was just me and Sai, so I closed it a few minutes ago when he left

If you're talking PSN, it was just me and Lamp with 1 match from Huo before he disappeared into the night. Not sure if he closed it up or not.

It's usually just 5b 236x

Oh shit, it's raidou
Just me and razzy in lobby 1 now too

It's hard to tell if it's lag fucking up my timing for jump shield OS or if I'm just terrible at it with these accidental crouch shields. I swear I was doing it properly a few days ago

>round start B tatsu trade
woke as FUCK

this is real UNI

I am super rust damn
This is like the 7th time I've come here and said that

Attached: EBcDY9oXYAEYXqC.jpg (2000x1123, 654K)

>almost lost because of that reckless IW
no regrets desu

Hivemind

Fight me with your Hyde hippie you coward

Attached: aspectkatsuki.png (1966x985, 850K)

Edge of my seat there too

Attached: __kotomine_kirei_fate_stay_night_and_etc_drawn_by_kon_manatsu__353aa17f481ff0a8968dd3e3683ab57c.jpg (849x1200, 916K)

Funnily enough between the BBTag announcement and UNICLR giving me a reason to wait to actually buy/own Under Night, I downloaded Akatsuki Blitzkampf recently and have enjoyed it immensely. I like the systems, I like the roster, I like the music. Above all, I've finally found a game where the grappler is both fun to play and a qt; I play grapplers anyway but it's nice to have one I like that isn't a weird psuedo-grappler and/or doesn't try to be quirky and subvert expectations by being a loli (I legit don't play Vanguard Princess mostly because of that shit).

Attached: latest[1].png (443x768, 347K)

Did Sonicfox win UNIEL tournaments with Carmine because he was good or because there wasn't any Japanese competition playing in the US back then?

>Kanaefags
Good taste. Hopefully she makes it into BBTAG so we can triple-throw idiots into the ground.

I will only use B tatsu until hippie fights me with his Hyde

Attached: catdies.jpg (1029x1029, 166K)

Carmine was stronger back in UNIEL
Japanese competition was literally non-existent back then, so there's some truth to that but he was pretty good at the game, but aside from Blaisegod, I couldn't other names he beat since the playerbase was significantly smaller too
This year was the first time the two hemispheres met for real

You will get your wish

Attached: EBnSZDqUIAAHf31.jpg orig.jpg (1107x1502, 283K)

>He used CS into grab instead of FF for once

Attached: 1565204470828.png (640x480, 368K)

SonicFox has a natural ability to "figure out" a game faster than 99% of people playing it while also being able to do so for every kind of fighting game instead of just one. He's probably Top 10 in the world at every single fighting game that's less than 3 months old by default. He has his plateaus, and those usually vary by series/game (the highest being NRS seemingly followed by post-Marvel Tag fighters if you go off of Skullgirls/DBFZ), but if he puts time into a game he can generally make Top 8s in it consistently.

He's a really fascinating player to follow competitively, which makes how naturally irritating he is a problem. I think he and GO1's rivalry in FighterZ is S+ Tier stuff but I'd never want to actually have a conversation with him.

Why are the lobbies filled with pinks now

Attached: 1556165357448.png (695x564, 218K)

They have been for a very long time

People got better

>crouchblock
>get hit
nani

You've been gone a while and we got better

When will he join?

Attached: Sai.jpg (600x888, 164K)

haha this is what I get for not practicing haha

Attached: ohno.png (640x720, 734K)

Go make a BBtag thread
You spam the same pictures each thread

Never too late to start again

It's adapt or die on these streets. Everyone not willing to grind has been filtered out

When are we doing shitty Naoto mirror matches, Hippie?

Attached: Elt (14).jpg (800x800, 88K)

When I buy BBCF on PS4 since I don't want to feel a Dualshock 3 again

Get it on PC then.

Parry counter:
Raidou: 1
Hippie: doesn't even have a parry
You only witnessed 40% of my power

Attached: DTllUTHV4AAwG0Y.jpg (600x600, 54K)

Maybe after I buy a new one, my machine is around 5 years old already so I'm due to replace it soon

can you gift games on PSN
asking for a friend

Oh well, guess I'll just have time to do Enhance combos properly.

I can only do them in the corner.

I don't have BBTag either but if she got in that might sway me. The game already has multiple grapplers I like and also Blitztank, so if Kanae or my Arcana Heart main get in I'd have enough to play around with. Would Senran or RWBY even have a grappler-style character to add?

No

I forgot how weird some of the overheads were in this game

Attached: hnnnnnnnnnnh.jpg (706x706, 60K)

Ggs amigos, sadly my time tonight had to be short
Catch you guys next time

Marilyn would be cool to get in. I forget who she may be compatible with.

Attached: Movelist_marilyn.jpg (375x375, 124K)

GGs Beatie
Fun night thats for sure

Attached: __kotomine_kirei_fate_hollow_ataraxia_and_etc_drawn_by_zonotaida__a2df3955edc552ec223e704f1716bbe2.j (1000x1400, 131K)

GGs

GGs as always, Angel
Havoc make me wanna CryEngine

Fuck, you guys are accepting matches so fast I can't unskip

Speaking of A - cat's -key, why was he getting shipped with touhou chick at one point? I'm not a nip so idk wtf is going on

Attached: fbb4f85ae4ce279aaa83301e8a5015439d5dcafb.png (720x720, 946K)

Bullet ricochet got me fucked up

This is just ambiguous enough to be either Eltnum or Anonym.

Isn't there a blitzkampf thread already

japs have infamously shit taste so it's probably just that kind of autism

Chadkatsuki gave her a taste of his Thundercock

Buff Yuzu 2A

Is there? Link if so, didn't see one in the catalog.

Literally search it

type blitzkampf in the catalog search dumbass

Damn you Hippie and your DPs, why don't you ever block ;_;

I fucking finally completed my goal for the night, land 1 (ONE) whole combo as Orie tonight.

Attached: Hype.png (729x919, 710K)

youtube.com/watch?v=G7jWudJzPUs

you was poppin all that good shit a minute ago then you got
KICKED
IN
YO
CHEST

Ahhhhhh god dammit fuck you.

This is fine. This is my fault for not knowing how to dash block. But still, god fucking dammit.

I miss playing Kanji in P4U
Does that mean I should play Mika?

God no

she seems like she fits a similar playstyle of making my opponent as angry as possible

She's not really a grappler as much as being a fast as a bullet pressure machine that will try and sniff out a defensive shield and command grab you there so you can't tech.
It's not like she has an aerial dive command grab or an anti-air command grab.

>Razzy catching on to my Akatsuki bullshit
Must be my cue to make like a tree and get out of here

Don't come to EVO 2020 Hippie, I might have to strangle you for that.

Attached: Fuck you.jpg (459x459, 32K)

>my machine is around 5 years old
Are you part of the i5 2500k master race too by chance?

Looking to upgrade as well however.

EAT SHIT

This is why I say fuck off to your meaties lamp
I'm tired of blocking you from a screen away to begin with, why would I want to block more up close?

Fucking throw me, you mashing ape. You've been doing it on your wakeup, why not now?

Same reason as fiona mayfield and order sol. No idea but I find it kinda cute in an autistic way.

Attached: 1471371209995.jpg (367x458, 39K)

You wouldn't be able to understand my strats even if you tried.

GGs
I'll have to see how far I'm able to get with Carmine without changing my buttons

Attached: Dcrcc5oVMAEvWpm.png orig.png (591x800, 457K)

well ggs everyone
Thanks for the matches hippie it made up for missing you at ACEN
Next time tell me you fuck so I can square up instead of waiting in the Dance Rush line all night

Attached: pweasei.png (670x578, 345K)

Dash block properly you cunt. Fuck you and your half screen 214Bs

ggs

How was I supposed to know you kept up with the threads

Anybody have that "I go in on every song" pic?

GGs, will be showing off more pro Orie gameplay tomorrow.

Attached: o.jpg (1061x1500, 184K)

No I mean next time let me know

Attached: qhCvAAX.png (922x1639, 127K)

Yeah sure.

hell yeah

Attached: JO crystal.png (650x650, 368K)