System Shock 2 turns 20 today and your favorite girl is getting a facelift - Nightdive just announced SS2 Enhanced...

System Shock 2 turns 20 today and your favorite girl is getting a facelift - Nightdive just announced SS2 Enhanced editon a few hours ago. No info on what exactly is getting updated has been provided yet, but here's a dev stream they had twitch.tv/videos/465946427
fun fact: body of the many level textures were taken from actual colonoscopy of one of the devs

Attached: EBvGpg2UwAEjK6i.jpg (2400x1350, 471K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SnuQdLDc3pU
nightdivestudios.com/kex/
steamcommunity.com/games/1010750/announcements/detail/1611645072188616319
youtube.com/watch?v=d-3u9vO9UUE
kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock/posts/1889009
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

well thats a fact I could live without

this is legit just an excuse for stephen kick/night dive to charge 20 bucks for the game instead of whatever the fuck it is now
the games still great, what the fuck can these shitheads improve?? the textures?!? holy shit this is why i dont look at Yea Forums often anymore

It's so Normie's can just download and play without having to install mods that allow for modern controls.

your brap is not ours

Attached: EBu-YTVXoAI6VIc.jpg (1280x720, 34K)

???...
You do realize the GoG version comes pre-patched, and the controls are basically modernized as is? You might have to change what your "E" key is bound to. That's about it.

They probably port it to KEX engine like they did with SS1 and Turok
Current SS2 build already have all that out of the box

I'd love to see some realtime shadows in SS2. Not necesarily raytracing, just your regular decall cast shadows would have been nice

Attached: levine4.jpg (600x290, 32K)

thief 1, 2 and system shock 2 were all pretty much defined by the goddamn dark engine and its different systems and shit, why the absolute fuck would i want to play it on a shittier engine? system shock 1 i can understand but we already have newdark and night dives been selling this game with newdark already for like eight years now???
what the fuck is the point???

damn, you know its serious when its 3 question marks

>why the absolute fuck would i want to play it on a shittier engine?
have you fucking SEEN what the KEX engine can do? Turok 1 and 2 were ported fucking FLAWLESSLY and got some amazing fucking mods.

don't talk out of your stupid ass, user.

We just wait for more info and see. I just assumed it might be kex, i might be wrong. Maybe they want to port it to consoles like Turok or something, and add some bells and whistles along the way, can't do that with newdark.

Damn, just thought of the sound issue. Dark engine still sounds better than many games today. SS2 sound design is an orgasm for your ears desu. I'm pretty doubtful that ND will be able to make a modern engine match it.

i was gonna give them credit for turok but it was actually released on windows back in '97 so fuck it
night dive just makes profit by charging cash for ancient fucking games that were already being kept alive by the fans, theyre better than beamdog in that regard and its nice to have them easily available but for fucks sake

>i was gonna give them credit for turok but it was actually released on windows back in '97 so fuck it

oh you mean the god awful ports that ran at 30 frames and had a shittier resolution than the N64 versions?
again, stop talking shit about stuff you know NOTHING about.

How dare these fucking capitalists make profit from supplying the demand, amirite comrade?

NOT SWEATING IN MY CORRIDOR!

Attached: insekte.png (843x857, 143K)

>night dive just makes profit by charging cash for ancient fucking games that were already being kept alive by the fans
you seriously cant be this fucking retarded.
both Turok ports were complete ASS before Nightdive remade them from the ground up, they go above and beyond with the ports (for example, Turok 1 got a shitload of post processing effects than neiter the n64 nor the OG PC Port had, same with Turok 2).

i expect nothing but greatness with the SS2 Enhanced Edition.

WILL PEOPLE WHO OWN IT BE GETTING A FREE UPGRADE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Came here to say this.
Night dive should get back to what really matters, PuttPutt ports.

Attached: IMG_1882.jpg (500x671, 113K)

SS2 still plays fine and it doesn't have any issues with controls like the original. Unless they're just getting it to work in VR they're probably only going to make it worse.

probably a big fat discount
i remember i got a 90% off coupon for SS1Enhanced because i owned SS2

Did SS1 and Blood actually turn out to be good? I thought they fucked those up.

i looked up, the Blood: Fresh Supply case it was 50% discount for owners of the original

how the fuck do post processing effects improve the gameplay
system shock 2 with newdark already fucking has shit like bloom and anti aliasing that you can enable in a .cfg file anyway, but no thats too hawd uwu
im not an evil child eating commie i just think some remasters are fucking unneeded especially when the game is already fucking fine, like shock 2
holy shit they really did rerelease all the humongous games. i forgot that fucking happened

SS1 port is great, but original was barely playable

>System Shock VR
my god, that sounds amazing.
why my pp hard

Attached: 33481015d04b3974f9ed7acf616592901b13507ebdabf48ee1d6d09d63acc2c4.png (1070x601, 507K)

SS1 Enhanced Edition was fantastic, Blood was bad though.

>how the fuck do post processing effects improve the gameplay
who the fuck is talking about gameplay you brainded moron?
bringing it to a new engine will probably make it work better and be modder friendly unlike the original engine
just look at how much better Turok 2 Remastered looks in comparison to the original port
youtube.com/watch?v=SnuQdLDc3pU

Let's just wait and see what they are offering. For instance if they offer a stable steamworks-enabled co-op i'm sold.

I always thought VR was worthless until I thought of playing my old favorites in it

>I always thought VR was worthless until I thought of playing my old favorites in it
this, also getting a headset for 150 bucks and personally playing VRChat/Pavlov made it a must-have.

>modder friendly unlike the original engine
system shock 2 + thief 1/2 have easily editable config files and a map creation tool (dromed; it fucking sucks but the communitys worked with it for over 20 years)
im not really big on turok but the dark engine games have had a fucking modding community for two decades sooooo
ss2 never had great co-op to begin with but i never played it and i kinda regret it ;~;

Dark Engine definitely has a unique charm to it though. No one has recreated the feeling of it, or the presence you get with sound & EAX on.
They could manage it, but it's not unreasonable to be skeptical. And Dark is already pretty mod-friendly.

>ss2 never had great co-op to begin with but i never played it and i kinda regret it ;~;
you are wrong my friend, ss2 coop is great fun
especially with Secmod, but it's very unstable
t. played it

>it fucking sucks but the communitys worked with it for over 20 years
oh so now that they are getting a way better engine to work with you are going to shit on it because... you are a cheap fucktard that has to ask their parents for money, got it.

>Dark Engine definitely has a unique charm to it though.
i agree, but at the same time im pretty confident in Nightdives porting genius that is Samuel Villareal.

>SS2 Enhanced editon
don't we already HAVE such thing on Steam and GOG? As in, the publisher stole fan-mods and slapped them on the 20yo game?

>fun fact

But of course it was one of their cute female devs, so I don't need to be disgusted by this...

>the worst levels in the game are are the ones textured from the inside of someones asshole

Attached: 1557956261649.jpg (249x249, 4K)

thank you for reminding me that secmod exists
i doubt that therell ever be a level editor for dark engine games that isnt dromed but ok
actually the body of the manys textures were ripped from josh randall/robotkid's colonoscopy, who is a dude so i hope youre ok with male vore uwu
(robotkid also composed all of the fast paced electronic music in the game, not eric brosius soooo)

I'm still waiting on future updates and bug fixes to Forsaken. Some nasty bugs left in the game and it's still missing features from the N64 version.
gib bot matches and split screen multiplayer

I'm sure he's proud of that fact.

Welcome aboard my anus, insect

Attached: robotkid.jpg (970x688, 130K)

I mean I'm as much for consumer's rights as anyone but you're an idiot if you think a publisher can "steal" fan mods. They own the intellectual property of the game and as a result they own any modifications someone makes to that intellectual property and publicly distribute.

AND a level editor, because I can't find all the Blender plugins to do the work anymore.

>i doubt that therell ever be a level editor for dark engine games that isnt dromed
good thing the SS2 Enhanced Edition is getting ported to the Kex Engine then :)

Would you play a Mooncrash/Void Bastards type gamemod for SS2?
Core SS2 gameplay and character development, but levels are randomized and you drop all your gear upon death (respawn stations still exist)

Kekistani engine port confimed

Attached: Untitled.png (622x688, 314K)

People asked for this?

So where the fuck is the ss1 remake? Where is SS3 why all this fucking cock tease bullshit?

>Random generation
No as

why are gamers so entitled?

Where are my tendies?

Attached: genius.jpg (599x643, 176K)

>no Nolf remaster

Attached: ts-not-over-everybody-betrayed-me-im-fed-up-with-32861247.png (500x399, 101K)

Mooncrash-style random isn't procedurally generated levels, that would suck.
More like, on each run different replicators and keypads would be broken, a different area would be irradiated, maybe an area has turrets in it on one run but annelid eggs in another.

Could be pretty cool if done well desu

Isn't this like the third time they've "announced" this?

Attached: 1481411652177.jpg (610x625, 100K)

That was for the original. This is for 2.

these greedy fucking niggers

>you asked for it
No we didn't, no one did, game is fine you just trying to milk shit and should go fuck yourself

>CRAWWWLING IN MY SKIIIIN

>845 hours
user, are you okay?

Attached: yick.png (188x210, 60K)

Actually kinda like this idea, it's growing on me. Especially if the different survivors have different specialized skill trees like Mooncrash

>exotic/psi ninja
>hacker with energy spec
>AR marine with strong stats
>repair tech with heavy weapons

Could produce pretty nice gameplay variety desu

Your song is not ours.

This could be you if you had a friend to play ss2 with

Attached: JzeP1jB.jpg (640x489, 81K)

Fuck Night Dive

this

many games nowadays dont even put in the effort into a good sound engine. they use middleware that really just does some directional sound in the mist primitive way and maybe simulates surround sounds for 5.1 speaker setups. many older games had an actual 3 dimensional sound system that worked properly with just headphones or just two speakers. there is no real need to actually make the effort nowadays when middleware like wwise or fmod exist that "just work".

I was wondering why sound tech in video games stagnates

whatever happened to the SS1 remake though?

Remake still happening.
This is just porting SS2 onto a different engine.

The official one is getting regular monthly updates and sceduled for 2020 release.
The fan unity remake is being made, but nothing to new to show off at the moment

how hard is it to check the control options? it something you'd want to do in almost every game anyway.

Attached: 9a9665af84.gif (500x281, 998K)

>robotkid also composed all of the fast paced electronic music in the game, not eric brosius

What? Why is he not credited then?

you might want to check your statement

i dunno but whatever is "enhanced" probably got fixed with mods about 10 years ago. what's the point? I could see ss1 enhanced edition because of how old and hard to approach the original games controls were... but why ss2?

Daily reminder to fuck Nightdive, they've already abandoned their shitty Blood port, the fucking lead dev even suggests people use existing source ports like Nblood, i've no doubt they'll do the same here and move on.

Absolute scum tier.

>fun fact: body of the many level textures were taken from actual colonoscopy of one of the devs

Actually, some design decisions also were born of the same processes, for example, weapons that break once you shoot one clip, tetris inventory and infinitely spawning mooks.

Fuck this shit of a game.

calm down zoom zoom

I can, but sadly that won't make the game better.

that's ok because that's like your opinion man.

Console ports, like with many other enhanced etitions.

civvie said fresh supply has been getting better and I trust that more than literally who on Yea Forums

Watch it with the caps lock, shill. The base game already runs at modern resolutions and framerates. Find a better talking point, or ask your supervisor for one. And get a real job, for fuck's sake, this is embarrassing to behold.

Why is this new engine better? Please go into detail, and provide examples.

I don't think they've figured out the rights to the NOLF games.

>weapons that break once you shoot one clip
stop exaggerating
>tetris inventory
what's wrong with this, exactly?
>infinitely spawning mooks
"I just want to kill everything and explore safely, actually playing the game stresses me out too much :((("

no one cares about shit games like turok

Those features are actually one of the defining for the shock formula, can you imagine? I can see why people don't like weapon degradation, i do too, but i like it in ss2.

Not that guy, but i assume:
mulitiplat
actually having the source code so you can change anything
modern dev tools
other shit nightdivestudios.com/kex/

I want to drag my balls across agent Scully's face.

The modern dev tools I can get behind, and also the availability of the code (if they intend to release it, otherwise who gives a fuck.) Being ported to other platforms is of no concern to the people who already own the game. I couldn't give less of a crawling fuck if the nintendies get a 30FPS version on their toy.

>the shock formula
Don't, just don't. Don't pit that bioshock trash with this, it's not even in the same genre.

Is it? Well I dunno, say that we have a game about this future dude on a spaceship. Now, a future dude has a future jacket with a number of pockets he uses to carry stuff around. Say he picks up two pills that alleviate the symptoms of his psi-diarrhea and puts these in his pocket. Now say he picks up a pistol and wants to put it in the same pocket. But he cannot do this because these fucking pills just took up all space there was which is incidentally just the same as the space the pistol takes up. What kind of idiocy is this?

Now say there are some evil AIs and robots and monkeys on this future spaceship. It sucks, they come out of nowhere, but this is kinda sorta tolerable, suppose they are just as good as gooks when it comes to hiding. Now future dude has to defend himself! He levels his pistol at them and pulls the trigger once, twice, thrice. Then, the pistol jams! Such is the state of future technologies: weapons are not designed for you to use them, sadly. In the future, weapons are more like upper-class regalia you carry in you silly pockets. Unlike wrenches! Wrenches are tools of the working class and as such must be made of ultra-hard nanofibers that repair themselves over time. Wrenches never break. What kind of idiocy is this?

Now then, you'd think a similar game set in bizarro 1930s would have such shit in spades, it's not like it's future after all, it's the damn past when everything sucked! But it really doesn't. Makes you think, huh?

biggest thing would probably be fixing multiplayer and make modding easier. Last I saw SS2 had problems with certain levels only able to load certain items and they were "locked" so you couldn't change that.

Challenge mode with easier, more balanced builds and interesting map design? Yes, absolutely. Procgen roguelite shit? Ehhhhh. More SysShock is good, but ehhhh.

So many people, so many opinions, but i'm glad we can all agree on SS2 being objectively superior game to SS1 in every single regard!

Attached: friends.jpg (1200x800, 148K)

Atari pulled the plug, they can't do anything about it

>Daily reminder to fuck Nightdive, they've already abandoned their shitty Blood port
>Update #3 (1.9.10) is available now!
>6 AUG @ 1:27AM

Attached: 1289088631996.jpg (515x500, 40K)

That's gonna be the last update, Atari told them they can't touch the IP anymore

>fun fact: body of the many level textures were taken from actual colonoscopy of one of the devs

Guess they should've been called Looking Ass Studios

Attached: 1428598733339.jpg (400x489, 92K)

haha

Wew, I complained about this yesterday and now it's happening, I wonder if the port will be any good though, System Shock 2 runs on TDP's engine, so it has pre computed soundscapes and an a very detailed stealth system, as well as weapon collisions, this could be very good if they add these features to the engine, and extremely bad if they don't.

Warner Bros who own it's developer snapped it up by filing a counter claim to it's trademark against the one Night Dive made. Literally a big company sitting on an IP just so that someone else doesn't get it and make money off of it, even if you don't use it for 1000 years, someone else making money off of it is you losing money.

I remember Atari being responsible for killing Riddick games off of the Internet.

Attached: haddowhy.jpg (486x486, 69K)

Original plays just fine as it is

There were Riddick games?

In what way do people use mods to modernize controls? I mean, it's pretty much standard FPS fare as is.

I'm gonna need a source on this, sounds like something they'd do considering the roller coaster switch port.

modded quake is still the most fun I've had with my set

steamcommunity.com/games/1010750/announcements/detail/1611645072188616319
>For future issues, we will have to recommend contacting Atari about them.

You serious?

Attached: riddickulous.jpg (352x259, 39K)

Wasn't it already available in VR in some form when the first rift dev kits were released?
I remember seeing it in some spreadsheet as "playable"

Betting its gonna be a simple retexture without any actual work like new highpolly models and maps

Yes.

the were two and they were great, check them out

You work with cucks you get cucked.

Alright.

Creative

Thanks for your input, /pol/

Attached: Depositphotos_49240287_s-copy.jpg (866x577, 75K)

he also posted in the comments that Atari will forward issues to them

>middleware
i miss being able to mod game sounds with a simple file swap without the need to trhough a million of hoops like in this wwise garbage.

That's the main reason I'd never trust a remaster of Thief (in addition to the fact that it would be completely unnecessary).

I'd like a faitful extensive remaster of TDP/TMA in one that plays near exactly the same but with graffix and some environmental filler. Packaged with a level editor and converter for old levels.
Yeah that's too much.

a modern dev would only make it worse overall
it would probably look worse too

I'm playing the first one and what the hell is up with this game's soundtrack? youtube.com/watch?v=d-3u9vO9UUE
I like it but it's so out of place.

Attached: 1489272062011.jpg (251x356, 50K)

its called SOUL around these parts

dude it was the 90s
what the fuck do you want.

it feels in place once you learn how to play and start going fast. for a survival horror game it is pretty fast paced

It'd be nice if they just scrapped everything past the command deck and tried their own hand at the rickenbacker and botm

>I like it but it's so out of place.
it's actually alwasy fitting because SS1 have intricate dynamic sountrack system that depends on several things like the area you are in, the state you are in (combat/exploration) or even what enemies you fighting (mutant/cyborg/other)
Here's an article that goes in depth about SS1 music mechanics
kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock/posts/1889009

The depth and complexity of SS2 is impressive even 20 years later, and shows how little games have evolved since then. The huge amount of choices, of skills and abilities, it's overwhelming for anyone under 100 IQ, and for zoomers with short attention span. It's the first game with a grid inventory, a work of genius, and the way it did security cameras spawn reinforcements when they spotted the player was really advanced at the time, although this was already done in Goldeneye (from where SS2 took the idea), and in Sin.

For the whiners complaining about weapon degrading and respawning enemies, well, this is how the game was designed, you aren't supposed to be taking a nice stroll around, you are being actively hunted by a crazy AI's agents, with meager resources to protect yourself, and you aren't supposed to be enjoying it, or to be able to catch a breath. The tension you get from this situation is what makes the game's atmosphere. If you can't stand it go play something else, more fitting for your brainlet tastes.

>It's the first game with a grid inventory
this has to be bait

>he huge amount of choices, of skills and abilities, it's overwhelming for anyone under 100 IQ
ME LIKE WRECH AND FAST SHOOTY STICK, ME KILL EVERYTHIN!!

>how to spot a brainlet
Seethe more (as much as your low IQ allows)

>choices
I like SS2 but the only choices you get is how you build your character, which in the end only means which weapons you end up using
>it's overwhelming for anyone under 100 IQ, and for zoomers with short attention span
Epic

Relax faggot, learn to take a joke

>I couldn't get into SS2 because my IQ was too low but I think my opinion matters anyway

Learn how not to seethe over nothing

Nigga you're the one who's a brainlet if you think SS2 is a complex game

i'll leave you a last reply right so you can feel confident about your internet victory

>no u response
Like clockwork. Confirmed for low IQ.

lol read your own posts

Why even bother porting blood if they didn't have the fucking rights?

>he still continues
Well, one cannot expect a brainlet to not be a brainlet. It's like expecting a dog to talk.

>using caps lock to type singular words in caps
>not being a sourpuss makes you a shill

money

>Nightdive
>following AOC on twitter
HARD DROP

Attached: 1546834496399.jpg (640x550, 68K)

You mean the studio or specific members? Do they get political and preachy on social media too?

>Do they get political and preachy on social media too?
No, he's just an outrage culture fag

are these the guys that butchered the SS1 remake by adding and changing unnecessary shit?

I don't support people who support people who want me dead
the studio's page follows her. I went to see if anyone from iguana (old turok guys) was there and saw AOC

Attached: 1502636564293.png (456x402, 130K)

Aside from modernized controls and better resolutions, what else did they add? Especially as they anticipated "purist whining" and included the original unaltered game bundled with the release.

>brown woman bad!!

Why does it matter, most creative types are lefties, so what

> didn't hear about the audiotape that explains it's because of particles in the air released by the Many that causes things to decay

When do they start talking about anything interesting or show anything interesting? Or do they?
I don't want to watch someone play SS2 with other people rambling about.

changed the soundtrack, the levels, the storyline a bit, the atmosphere, the enemies
they pretty much turned a remake into a reboot

>Do you have a single fact to back that up?

check their kickstarter history

Didn't they specifically refocus development last year to make a more faithful remake?

Ah, you're talking about the remake. I don't know anything about it other than they were going to make a "reimagining" but it didn't work out so they restarted from scratch and are making a simple remake instead. But there's also the remaster of the original SS1, made by the same guys, that came out a few years ago. That one is very good, so there's no reason to believe that the SS2 remaster won't be good.

did they? I haven't kept up with them after that shitshow

>the huge amount of choices, of skill and abilities
>overwhelming for anyone
It isn't overwhelming; it's just tedious because you are
1) Locked out of content that you cannot see unless you play the game again from the start
2) Forced to use stat points efficiently instead of trying things out and exploring.
At the end of the day you either blindly choose to never see that remaining 20% of the levels or you play the same 80% of the game over and over just to see that 20%.
Survival elements like health, research, ammo and durability were interesting, but the generic RPG stat trees were never what made the game good. They were just a crutch for the devs who couldn't figure out how to balance having multiple skillsets on a single character without essentially soft locking the player for not falling in line with their idea of 'you play class you skill x and x only'.

Still a fun game, but only if you play it once and ignore the possibility that there was any other outcome because getting there is just not worth it.

This is how a game for high IQ people that don't have a short attention span is like. God, you're so entitled, "oh no no no, games should hand over everything in a silver platter the moment I demand it". This is a game where your actions have real consequences that cannot simply be conveniently patched, you're NOT supposed to be finding it "comfy" and "nice", it's a grueling, tense experience, created deliberately by the devs.

It's literally a reboot, it says so everywhere
There is a shock for everyone - untouched dos version for purists, enhanced for normal people and reboot for those who want something fresh

+ Citadel for those who want something fresh but not too fresh.
>why can't i hold all these systemshocks.jpeg

Have you even played SS2? Shodan is your ally throughout the entire game, up until the final level.
Also the game isn't THAT complex compared to any RPG out there, plenty of which are popular with normies.
It's my favorite game of all time but stop just spouting generic buzzwords about it.

Skill trees are pointless as you are only going to pick one branch to effectively complete the game in your imagined grueling tense experience.
The game could have just as easily had one choice at the beginning of the game to choose your branch and specialty then autolevel for you from there because the end result is the same and you don't have the illusion of choice.
A stat tree basically only serves to show you what you missed out on rather than what you can do when the devs want to be misers with skill points for 'muh difficulty'.
That difficulty is a joke anyway since unbreakable tools are scattered throughout the game and you can pretty much cruise through the game just swinging your wrench. Certain classes are even easier, like glow in the dark PSIggers.
Overall the choices are just very poorly thought out and I can see how people would find them unfun because the choice was basically already made for you.

>brown woman good
uh, keep your political opinions to yourself? i'm trying to buy a video game here.

Attached: 1564568781513.jpg (631x647, 162K)

>make post praising good game
>hurr durr buzzwords
Goddamnit, another fucking low IQ brainlet coming out of the woods to seethe. When they will ever learn?

>what the fuck can these shitheads improve??
EXOTIC WEAPONS! MAKE EXOTIC WEAPONS GREAT AGAIN!

Attached: donald-trump.jpg (2500x1688, 421K)

I feel like the guy you're arguing with is being too elitist, but the stat respeccing isn't a big deal. System Shock 2 isn't a very long game. It's about 15 hours max on your first playthrough but it will go down to sub 10 hours, usually sub 5 once you know what you're doing.
Most RPGs won't let you respec until much later than 10 hours. It wouldn't make sense for a very average length game like SS2 to give you constant respecs, since by the time in which you would be allowed to do that in another game, you've already finished SS2.

>tfw they patched the game to support 1920x1080 16:9 res in the middle of my first play through

If the game is so "easy", why are you bitching about the scarcity of the skill points?

>The game could have just as easily had one choice at the beginning of the game to choose your branch and specialty then autolevel for you from there because the end result is the same and you don't have the illusion of choice.
The game is not, nor does have any intention, of being balanced. Some choices being much better than others is intentional design. Why should all choices be equally viable?

>you can pretty much cruise through the game just swinging your wrench
Confirmed for never having played the game, just heard memes about it and think you know shit. Try using the wrench against anything ranged, and against anything explosive and see how that works out.

Re balance exotic weapons,give a HP nerf certain mechanical enemies like turrets and security droids (they ruin the balance because while some builds can kill them in a few hits, others range from taking like 20 psi shots to taking literally no damage from exotics), and completely revamp the level design for the final 20% of the game (rickenbacker, BoTM, Shodan)

>uh, keep your political opinions to yourself?
twitter is not video games

user you should know that the only reason i still come here is posts like yours

a video game company announcing news and information about their game and dev team is not on twitter?

>defining features of the shock formula
>only one game in the series (including bioshit games) had all of those "features"
I'm 7 hours late but you're a fucking retard.

>wah wah nerf robots
Just use AP ammo. Exotics is just shit in general in vanilla, play secmod if you want rebalance. It's tougher, but it has a niche for exotics and many more interesting gameplay features

>GoG version comes pre-patched
God I fucking hate that shit

Because skill points let you actually see everything instead of just going down your 1 class corridor. I sure do love having the wrong class keycard at a given door sure hope there wasn't anything cool in there to read/see.
Easy in the sense that there was nothing surprising or challenging to write home about.
Combat is clearly a secondary aspect. The first act of the game you have what? protocol droids you simply can walk away from, turrets you can always completely avoid taking any damage from, maintenance robots you can literally walk circles around while using the wrench, and a bunch of hybrid mooks. Wow, so hard.
Exploration and reading is the actual game - collecting those silly audio logs of the person recording seconds before being attacked, learning more about the ship and its inhabitants, or just exploring the various rooms. If you want to shoot things just go play Half-life. They keep the answers away from you just as you like.

He's wrong, the GOG version has both the original exe and the KEX port

Try playing on Impossible next time, and not on Easy.

Same on steam, they're two separate games

Oh nice maybe I'll finally beat the game.

What's stopping you now?

Bunch of little things that annoy me enough to put me off.

>KEX port
Huh? I thought it was newdark?

>kex engine
how is that possible, would it even be possible to play custom missions with this?

>everything sucks and I have to be overly pessimist about things, do I fit in yet Yea Forums?

You thought wrong then, SS1 was fantastic and Blood turned out pretty good after a couple of patches.

SS2 is on Newdark, SS1 is on KEX. I assumed the "modern controls" meant they were talking about SS1

What's the latest on the SS2 remake and the god awful looking SS3?

You could say that one of the devs literally pulled the level out of his ass.

To elaborate a bit. I think the main problem is that I tried playing the game immediately after beating SS1 and the game was completely different and I had trouble adjusting to that. I got used to having either my pda or inventory open at all times and you can't do that in 2 which kept bugging me until I just dropped the game. Not a huge fan of weapon degradation either. It's shit in other games and it ain't any better in this one.
Haven't given up on the game though and I've resolved to finish it before 3 comes out.

Attached: 1545989319474.png (2560x1440, 714K)

Damn, this game is fine as hell.

They did console ports of turok maybe they’ll do then for SS2. It might be awkward with a controller though

Attached: welcome.png (364x492, 86K)

What's the betting all they're going to do is roll the "recommended" mod list into a steam release? If they make the shitty model mods standard I'd be beyond mad.

Kick liked a tweet about not including rebirth in enhanced, so i think they wouldnt do it