Tell me, why aren't you playing the highest rated MMORPG expansion of all time: FFXIV Shadowbringers

Tell me, why aren't you playing the highest rated MMORPG expansion of all time: FFXIV Shadowbringers.

Attached: DestroyerOfAzeroth.jpg (1079x762, 212K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jq9TnI7ssTU?t=28
youtube.com/watch?v=c-2mR974qs8
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/400998-Confirmed-ARR-campaign-will-be-pruned
youtu.be/GTWz7ugif-Y
youtu.be/pCcbKY7d0dc
may.2chan.net/b/res/660966208.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=mPW9v24S7f4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Getting an Ilberd in before the thread descends into shitflinging.

Attached: 1547645054585.jpg (888x798, 354K)

So what have you guys bought off of mogstation? for me its the motorcycle, black ranger and play dead pose, and the oblivion orch roll

based

Attached: 1565128999029.png (670x678, 1.05M)

Because I already finished MSQ and I'm not an autistic savage farmer.

Ala Mhigo would be a functional state with him at the helm instead of Lyse. Also, the unspoken tension from him and Rauhban having to work together in a joint defense against the empire would've been kino.

Attached: 1561684665295.jpg (1000x1000, 87K)

>buying Oblivion off the mog station
user no you fell for Todd's scheme

Because MMORPGs are exactly what I stand against.
"Videogames as a Service" is not only unappealing to me, it's unacceptable.

i bought a fantasia once

I've never bought anything off the mogstation but I spend $10 on retainers every month, so I'm just as bad.

>’TIS FULL GLAD AM I TO SEE YOU WHOLE AND HALE BUT ERE LONG WE MUST NEEDS PRAY TELL FOR SUCCOR IN THESE CALAMITOUS TIMES

this is why. this right here

Attached: 4430233B-EE8E-48F0-9FF4-641D07FB6067.gif (382x678, 1.73M)

I'm going to bed. That's why. After I shitpost on Yea Forums for the next 8 hours.

>the speech he gives before sacrificing himself
I actually liked that little segment.
Post your favourite HW moments.

Attached: 1540645742615.png (408x240, 3K)

But I spent another 3 hours today wiping to E2S pugs because people just can't fucking grasp cycles

Am I the only one who's getting tired of Ilberd posters? Way to run a meme to the ground, guys.

The Ilberd meme was never funny despite what the Redditors might say. Anyone that posts it is either underage or has far too many chromosomes.

>Finally cleared E3S
>But it was to the limit of the enrage (vid related)
>The only reason we survived was because of the cutscene invincibility
>Also got a grey parse
Feels good but also feels bad, man.

Attached: E3S enrage.webm (956x350, 976K)

I just had the most amazing fight in a dungeon it was some water Dragon healer and dps where thrown off the arena and we had to kill it with a paladin and me a monk we barely got to 16% of the boss and manage to lb2 it to death

So much fun

I've been trying to play it but I'm only level 30 and I can't play longer than 30 minutes without being bored to death because this beginning game play is fucking abysmal. I'm really worried the game never actually gets better or more fun and I'm grinding this shit out for nothing.

Attached: 1559617280366.png (694x632, 167K)

>best game of 2019 so far is an MMO expansion
Can't wait for Blizzard to pay Dorito Pope so XIV doesn't scoop any awards at TGA

Attached: 1564854525140.png (1095x839, 443K)

Leviathan?

Wait until 5.3 then, that's when the beginning MSQ will get its filler trimmed.
Or quit.

I'm I justified in getting pissed off if I'm in DF and some retard and his wife said no to replenish the ranks after the healer left? Healer just randomly dipped in the middle of the run.

>five separate wipes on E2S at less than half a percent
>two at .2

This is my first time progging Savage this early, are the DPS checks always this fucking brutal?

It get much better, I assure you.
The early game is a massive chore tho I'll give you that.

There's no reason not to replenish the ranks after that, you may as well have just left.

Because modern MMOs are all WoWshit, therefore garbage. Play Runescape.

No one is forcing you to play it.

E2S is just mega cancer because of the tight DPS check coupled with retards who keep walking into adds or fuck up Chaos and Retribution. E3S doesnt seem to be as bad by comparison

Someone in your party is not pulling their weight. I hate parsing but sometimes it’s needed to trim the fat

Nice blogpost, faggot.

Because i already beat MSQ, current Eden content and currently fucking bored with it
Might also be slightly salty I could reach the top of Costa Del Sol Tower

No, it's just that E2S is fucking mean, it's a massive spike compared to E1S.
If your DPS aren't that good you need an incredible clean run where nobody died or get damage down.
Stats pots are recommended for everyone, healer included and they better DPS too.

No, E2S is much harder than it should be for a second fight in the tier. E3S is actually easier by some accounts.

Nah, thats just Urianger bruh. Dude's an uber nerd

Sunken cost, we were already 2/3rd finished the dungeon. I'm just mad when one of them went like "oh uh guys if you wanna know why a healer isn't coming, I pressed no by accident"

>"The DPS checks will be more lenient because the fights will focus more on mechanics"
>E2S and E4S exist
Yoshi what the fuck dude

Attached: 1530671843302.jpg (1200x1149, 138K)

>Playing one of the ugliest, jankiest games of all time in current year

What's the appeal?

Not levi just a dungeon boss it's adds are water elemental and there are cyclones throwing you up it's not the kraken

Neverreap sounds like

Oh, Neverreap?

>tfw haven't done Neverreap even ONCE since that shit left Expert roulette

Absolute fucking cancer: the dungeon

3.0 made me hate Neverreap so fucking much

Based

Generals belong on vg

>Can never break 3K as an AST
Is this normal? I know they are supposed to have the lowest DPS but still

Attached: 1554701277497.jpg (480x480, 24K)

>pug e1s through e3s week 1 with little issue
>start practicing e4s
>mfw

this is my first time raiding a tier on release, is the last fight always supposed to kick your ass this hard?

Attached: 1500361322494.gif (255x191, 1.9M)

I came back from late Heavensward, damn the game has changed a lot. AST is pretty decent, but I hear its shit near endgame by a lot of people. At least MNK and BLM are still enjoyable and doing well. I was mind blown you can visit other servers in your DC now, real fucking neato. I miss my old FC, old friends, and that my only 2 friends that still play are in Exodus while I'm in Hyperion. What's the best way to find an FC aside the fags that invite randoms in the main cities/ recruit via shouting?

Attached: 1558724659799.gif (540x540, 499K)

> (You)
>Oh, Neverreap?

> (You)
>Neverreap sounds like

Yeaaaaa Neverreap it's the first time I felt useful as a monk and not only as just another 123 dps can't believe I was wasting my life in archeage

Yes

Yes.

A friend bought me the Edda outfit, I only ever really use the boots. Bought play dead myself, might do some more damage next sale and pick up the exclusive orchestrion rolls since I'm a sucker for trying to collect all of those. Far Eastern school girl outfit is kinda cute too.

How do they not have a glamour like this yet? Do they just hate money?

Attached: Fist-of-Legend-header.jpg (633x356, 82K)

Been playing FFXI on the Eden server. It's an entirely different beast, very grindy but partying up is required so it alleviates the pain to an actual enjoyable level.

Nothing.

It's a tragedy.

Attached: 1560352857347.png (2608x3774, 2.15M)

No you're just shit

HOW MUCH LONGER?! I’m level 14 and I’m struggling.

Quit, you won't make it.

Stop overhealing, DPS more, ABC nigga, ALWAYS BE CASTING

Why does nobody want to play NIN anymore? I love all the melee DPS jobs and its sad I rarely see them at all, everyone's a fucking DRG or MNK.

Play dead and NIN level skip for my alt.

Attached: 1507315063510.jpg (203x345, 13K)

Struggling with what exactly?

>Kill Ifrit
>Your friends have to be killed anyway
Gas the primals. Gas them all

Attached: 1504052260387.jpg (480x360, 11K)

If you’re clipping gcds at all in anyway you’re trash

FACT: Ilberd didn't get enough screentime and was done dirty.

WoW is home

Yea Forums is waiting for Blue Protocol and Phantasy Star Online 2.

might actually be my favorite scene in base ARR

>Why does nobody want to play the class that not only feels horrible to play right now but is also the trick attack/LB bitch

Hmmm I wonder

45-50CPM job for no damage, no reward.

Oh you will. Ifrit is only the first god you will be slaying.

But before that:

youtu.be/jq9TnI7ssTU?t=28

But I am. Remember to /handover to your minion daily.

Attached: 03807425-F39A-467A-A07F-6BB3E0B42C98.jpg (750x529, 169K)

They have the girl's school uniform from fist of legend but why is the male's outfit some gay yukata shit. it's not even aesthetic.

>Why does nobody want to play NIN anymore?
SE finally killed the job and made it obsolete after being a must have since ARR.
Basically, NIN problem right now is that their DPS is so abyssmal that Trick Attack doesn't give enough damage to the party to be useful and both MNK and DRG are so above it in term of both rDPS and pDPS that they are simply not worth wasting one of the 2 melee slot for it.

Attached: eden rdps.jpg (1266x813, 138K)

They already acknowledged that the early game doesn't hold up and that they're planning a complete overhaul of the pre-Heavensward experience around patch 5.3. Maybe come back in a year or so if you can't take it.

maxed out my limit for tomestones

Guys, im so bored. Ive down all the content I can, what do?

Already completed shb and it wasn't that good. Crown of the immaculate was 10/10 though. That should have been the final boss.

Unsub until the next patch or something.

Before the patch with Baelsar's Wall I really thought Ilberd was going to get 100% of what he wanted, pulling us into a war to liberate Ala Mhigo, and being a leader of the Ala Mhigan government that we'd have to work with despite all the shit he pulled.

Imagine if he was at that table facing the Emperor preceding Ghimlyt Dark. Just fucking imagine.

>Dancer that low

Is that including the dps from the standard and technical finish buffs you can give other party members? If so, then yikes

>Ever playing SAMlets

just finished ARR and im so burned out but ive been hearing that now its worth playing going into the heavensword

Must I remind you this is a man who willingly sold out not only the WoL but also the only nation that truly extended an arm to his people in their time of need purely to boost his own status enough to eventually toss himself from the rafters of an imperial facility and summon a massive primal all while thinking this would be the best course of action for ala mhigo? If he had survived and somehow lead ala mhigo after stormblood he would not be someone we could ever trust since he'd likely attempt to invade gridania the moment ala mhigo needed so much as an inch of shade from that desert sun.

:(
Its hard with teammates who always die
Clipping isnt an issue

>story based mmo

Yep, that's a problem in my opinion.

you're free now
this is how the content was designed, take a break and unsub, go play something else
guarantee you'll come back again

I'm just leveling my other jobs. I only got MCH to 80 and realized the job is unplayable with shit latency so now I'm leveling other jobs.

who is in charge of the Flames now that Raubahn quit? I need to know if I should shift my allegiance to the moogledania instead

>RDM is my favorite FF job of all time
>tfw it will always be in the cuckshed in anything that isn’t prog because of doublecast Verraise meaning SE is scared to let us do any damage

E2S has a piss easy DPS check though. My group has cleared it in runs where the healer killed the monk, then killed the monk again 5 seconds before weakness wore off, and 3 other DPS died (one of them died twice in a row) and we healer LB'd and had 4 people dead after the 3rd cast of quietus before the hard enrage.

Pipin. Yet another lala in a position of power...makes you think

It really isn't. The story only gets marginally less shit but if nothing in arr appealed to you then hw isn't going to save it.

That's unfortunate. What would they even do to compensate for NIN being in its current state anyway? Screwed until next expansion?

Yes, the final fight of a tier is always unpuggable until everyone is overgeared

is it bad I keep forgetting Pipin is a character?

His cuck midget "son"

no, not really. He's probably the character with the most undeveloped potential

They really haven’t showed him at all so it’s not surprising.

user! I'm freezing cold.. Please help warm me up!

Attached: brrrr.png (784x970, 1.05M)

Yes but it doesn't account for the parts where curing walts lets your healers get a couple extra GCDs because you can just ignore healing checks or the fact that Monk's rDPS is actually increased by dancer since the extra chakra procs from Devilment count towards' the monk's rDPS and not the dancer's. Dancer is still meta in speedkill groups.

no

Ilberd did get exactly what he wanted, he basically forced Eorzea to liberate Ala Mhigo. He’d probably think running Ala Mhigo would be gay though, even if he lived he’d probably leave that stuff to someone else

>can't clear the fight before quietus
Holy fuck you're trash

nezha set and lightning shirt and fantas

Sure.

Attached: 1551925836500.jpg (488x679, 34K)

>where curing walts lets your healers get a couple extra GCDs because you can just ignore healing checks

You make it way too obvious that you don’t actually do savage raiding

Yes user typically when someone fucks up and kills half the group including the selfish melee twice in a row that causes your run to be set back a lot on week 1 you fucking retard

>lvl72 mch
I liked it more in sb, who thought weaving between a gcd of 1.5 was a good idea? nuke japan and cali

Attached: 1557340275069.png (900x1046, 503K)

>very last mechanic of titan savage
>everyone's damage is across the charts, enrage is nowhere near our minds
>one of the tank dies somehow
>everything goes downhill from there as a healer dies trying to fix it and then it's over
>it was the last pull of the night

Attached: 1564368288808.jpg (480x480, 21K)

Well, I suppose I'll rephrase to "get everything he wants without having to jump off a building head first"

Mad cuz bad
youtube.com/watch?v=c-2mR974qs8

imagine playing a shit mmo and a subpar action game just because it enables your narcissism. go play games like ninja gaiden if you want epic gamer cred instead of wasting time and money on drivel like savage content.

They’re reworking mudras and a few other things in 5.1 that supposedly will make it better. Time will tel though, it’s pretty much make or break for NIN. If they’re still shit after the changes then they have a permanent seat in the cuckshed till 6.0

Is it bad that I don't wanna get onto voice chat because people are gonna make fun of me? People think of me as some mysterious smart type dude. Once they hear a high pitched thick accent mother fucker they gonna lose respect for me.

If I wanted to be fried with hot air, I'd visit the official forums!

Attached: Hmph.png (863x1058, 1.15M)

So is the Echo actually just part of the temper that Zodiark and Hydaelyn did to their summoners? Since both Ascian's and Hydaeynfags can use it.
Or is it just part of being an Amourotine?

That's on Week 2 after they fed their main DPS full of 470 gear and a 475 weapons too

What is some good looking AST gear I should look to chase?

their 60 class gear

Attached: 30D87A6A-2FA0-4853-8D5B-1BFF457231A6.jpg (290x209, 7K)

The latter I think, since a Sahagin with no relation to either had the Echo.

Do you get that at the end of the level 60 job quest? Thanks

>addicted to crafting and gathering
>everything at 80, can craft and gather anything

What do I sell other than

>new 450 gear
>level 80 crafting/gathering gear
>Levequest turn ins

I'm making good money but I don't know if I'm missing anything key.

Attached: 59837749_1664544673690215_2854955235137290240_n.jpg (754x960, 55K)

man looking at SCH I don't think I unlock a single GCD past level 52, it's all oGCDs all the way down. I thought the combat would get more complex than Broil broil broil but I'm at 62 and I guess not.

AST has one of the best chest pieces in the game (Owlsight Coat)

Attached: E23FC5AE-2BB0-454A-A601-5A61F287861B.jpg (640x873, 49K)

Surprisingly leveling gear sells well. I'm wondering why, but I'm not complaining.
I'm actually curious though if someone wants to give their 2 cents.

>leveling healer
>expecting complex combat

this is the mindset that is holding game development back

people with more gil than wits to realize vendors sell the same shit

from my own experience, I guess people aren't getting lucky with the dungeon drops.

Because people need to buy catch up gear for their other jobs that they didn’t do the MSQ with.

The only reason I thought it would be the case is because Alka whatever his name was mentioned Selene does the hurty but Selene never does a single hurty.

Just curious why people would rather buy HQ leveling gear instead of just dungeon gear or augmented scaven

None of the healers have complex combat. It's literally 3 buttons: DoT, single target damage, and aoe damage

Selene invigorates and Eos soothes. Selene used to have an aoe haste buff but doesn't anymore, the two modes are functionally the same

GO BACK TO /vg/!

Combat is 2 button spam (I'm rogue), the story has grinned to a halt. It introduced some mysterious mage and evil pirate gang and now I'm doing menial farm work. I don't see any group content yet (I queued for 45 minutes for some group quest and got nothing, no dungeons I can see). Art style/environments sucks, though I don't expect that to improve until later expansions.

I almost bought the whole Shadowbringers package, but I'm glad I only bought the starter edition.

Attached: fullsizeoutput_ab6.jpg (200x584, 32K)

Why buy Scaevan and blow all your poetics when you could just buy the gear? Dungeon gear is good too but sometimes you just don’t get the drops you need.

Take away trick attack and make ninja super strong or just a ok dps and I will be ok

If you're on primal then queue for orbonne monastery right fucking now so I can get this damn thing done, queue is taking ages

>Louisoix was able to do time travel stuff
>Alexander was able to do time travel stuff
>Graha Tia and Garlond Ironworks were able to do time travel stuff
>somehow the "think of something and it will literally exist" Ascians were too retarded to figure out time travel
Why and how?

I guess so. I mean usually I just spam roulettes or dungeons to 80. Either way I get gear from poetics or just get that drop from 80. I'm not complaining but playing in the market without knowing what I'm sticking my hand in feels wrong to me.

I'm starting to get it thought but it still feels irrational to waste money like that.

I've never been to /vg/

Attached: the popoto was spiked.png (1766x1043, 1.46M)

>I'm rogue
>I don't see any group content
Nigga what?
Don't you need to be lvl 30 with one of the first classes to unlock Rogue?
By that point you should have seen at least 6 dungeons

>why aren't you playing the highest rated MMORPG expansion of all time
Because it isn't out for another 2 weeks.

Attached: metawow.png (432x310, 64K)

You get a dungeon in exactly one level.

You might just want to wait until they fix ARR in 5.3 if you really can't do it.

>Queue pops just as I post

Nice

What do I buy with Goetia vs what do I buy with Phantasmagoria? This is my first time being current with content so I don’t want to waste my times since they are capped and shit. Should I try to get a full set of Goetia stuff then upgrade with Phantasmagoria?

Attached: 7754C774-3163-4AE6-BA61-B4C8C0EF4E6C.jpg (760x760, 47K)

Not particularly sure what you were expecting. Though I do hope you do drop it, as I don't need more ADHD people making pugs unbearable

Thats not an expansion.

Don't suppose you've got a source for that, I could use it to silence a few naysayers.

>he thinks this game has good or internally consistent writing
Lol. Just don't ask questions and praise everything as kino bro

>See trap'qote in last thread, all I can think about now

FUCK YOU.

user, when was the last time you actually did ARR?

Leave that shit in /vg/ please.

uh huh
sure it wasn't...
Are one of the types who is never impressed or interested in anything?

Cope

>everyone's numbers are top notch, not just one dps
cope, shitter

iktf, RDM is the only dps class I truly enjoy

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/400998-Confirmed-ARR-campaign-will-be-pruned
>As a side note, we’re working on adjusting the A Realm Reborn main scenario to be more compact, and are aiming for patch 5.3.

You need to do the level 10 class quest is all. Then you can choose another job provided you are in that pirate city.

I'll keep going for now man. The game looks like it has potential. Where are you getting this 5.3 information? I can't find anything view search.

It's so fucking ancient it's score is irrelevant, if someone scored it now it'd get a lot less.

Why are SMTniggers the worst posters on this board?

>I'm only level 30
>I’m level 14 and I’m struggling.
why would you play a class that you don't enjoy playing and that makes you level down if you're having such a hard time keeping interest

Attached: 1439382011048.png (400x277, 83K)

I'm usually impressed by outstanding stuff. Nothing in shb was outstanding aside from its intro (meeting the old man), sin eater visual design and innocence fight/ost.

I'm in post ARR msq and I kinda want to get a whale. Would all the esluts and gaybois notice me or would I just look like a fag that bought something from a Cash Shop?

Attached: 1565216827452.jpg (1447x2047, 1.54M)

93 in 2004 is 10/10
92 in 2019 is 8/10

Oh wow I wasn't expecting to actually get one these days... Thanks.

Sadly it doesn't use the wording you used... I really think it needs a complete overhaul.

i don't want to spend 200 hours doing obligatory fetch quests to arrive at endgame content

Attached: 1504796539821.jpg (480x480, 15K)

God. Anime really does make people into degenerate retards, don't they?

2-3 weeks before ShB. I have 3 fully kitted level 70s on each of the NA datacenter just in case.

Of course its slow. Its the start of a journey. Speeding up the MSQ isn't going to help that very real problem of the game simply not challenging the players.

Need to undo the nerfs to all MSQ content. Double Vishap's health, make Garuda the noobstomper she once was. Make Aiatar in Brayflox unkillable if the tank is stupid again. General power level of characters need to go DOWN

Go back to whatever website you came from.

Sometimes as a healer, you just need to not heal someone enough times until they fucking get it.

>"user why didn't you raise them? We could have beaten the dps check."
>"Didn't see they were dead. I assumed we all knew how to do this part since it's a farm with no bonus."

Post above yours.

Reminder that everything he does is because he was butthurt about his family dying when Bahamut came down. It had absolutely nothing to do with muh Ala Niggers or muh people.

He was just another pathetic morally grey villain.

Show me your toons

Attached: 1557077745043.jpg (457x480, 26K)

I came from Yea Forums. You fucks can go straight back into /vg/ though. You're shitting up xiv threads.

Yeah, I think the original translation I had heard was a bit iffy, but ultimately who knows how far they'll go into making it a more bearable experience.

>HURR PLS RUIN THIS THREAD FOR NO REASON BY BEING ATTENTIONWHORING TRANIES

What post were you even referring to?
Here.

Attached: 1545536806811.jpg (660x430, 63K)

Kys

>ahh yes a fellow patrician who recognises that the only kino games are the ones that require 30 hours of investment before they get good

Nigga it looks like my rotation is going to be boring until level 30 with Shadow Fang (since you can't attack enemies from behind while levelling).

When WoW trusts you with more abilities and more complicated rotations in the first 10 hours, you're doing it wrong.

Well I guess to some degree I pity you... If you only like things that are outstanding your range of things you can enjoy will get smaller and smaller as the bar to what can impress you becomes more and more out of reach.

Personally I think the writing managed to do a few things the mainline games try and flounder to do. Meaningful and interesting villains, interesting characters with noticeable arcs and the Great Servant of Ronka.

It helps of course its had several expansions to work on the lore to the point where it can weave an interesting and complex world. And that the protagonist is mostly silent and mostly you. Since at no point do we have to deal with having an identity crisis for stupid reasons while walking down a hallway to badass music.

it's actually kind of fucked
When Rogue job advances though it becomes the most active job in the game though so there's that

I love going for the best gear but I hate fucking raiding. Dungeon plus when?

I'm waiting.

Nice

Attached: 1557100953397.jpg (125x125, 2K)

he seemed pretty intent on freeing Ala Mhigo to me

Attached: ffxiv_06192019_211242_190.png (1920x1080, 961K)

I'ma wait for the two seater peacock and buy that to taxi my friends.

did anyone not think this was illberd
what a non-mystery

You're not fooling anyone, samefag. Fuck off to /xivg/ if you want to avatarpost.

Do we ever get his armor?

>’TIS FULL GLAD AM I TO SEE YOU WHOLE AND HALE BUT ERE LONG WE MUST NEEDS PRAY TELL FOR SUCCOR IN THESE CALAMITOUS TIMES SO LET'S BE ABOUT IT, THEN
fixed

Ninja has the most complex opener in the game at max level.

In FFXIV we have something called character progression, in both story and combat. You're gonna break those rocks, pick up the poop and get the god damned cheese, you'll be treated like a hero when you earn it. Ninja gets a LOT of fucking shit to do as you progress.You get to treat fledgling adventurers like that later if you so choose

Yeah but good god, ala mhigo was such a bore that it literally brought down the stormblood by the end.That and Zenos being one of the worst and shitty villains ever to grace a final fantasy.

cool now show me that on a group's first clear day 1

Lol did I say I didn't like it or something? !all I said was that it "wasn't that good". It's a mediocre experience, maybe good, but it's not one I regret having. I think it's far from the kino I see so many retards praise it as, and emet selch wins the award for overrated character of the year.
Overall I'd give it a 6 or 7/10. The constant padding and repetitive structure of the quest line design brings it down a lot, but the devs know that if they removed all the worthless filler they'd be left with 30 or 40 quests of actual content and narrative development and people would revolt because for some reason quantity trumps quality in MMOs. Oh well.

I don't want to. Everyone will just make fun of me.

Attached: 1565159776889.jpg (3541x5016, 1.83M)

Because I enjoy the fantasy of a rogue and I don't know if this is a problem with the game, or with the class. I started with conjurer before rogue and conjurer was low dps, so shit too (though I understand it's meant to be a healing class).

Then I probably can't be fucked. Are there any classes that are actually fun to level? Dragoon looks okay.

Because I don't know what melee DPS to play
Dragoon seems like it has too many buttons for a brainlet like me
Monk positionals seem awful considering some of the bosses I've seen
Samurai don't like the look of it
Ninja everyone tells me its awful

Anyone good with photoshop around? I so want a picture of urianger doing one of his poses with the words "Urianger Status: Full Glad" and daft party lights and colours.

Zenos is exactly what he needs to be. Trying to make everyone morally gray is just going to turn the story into post modern garbage that WoW is currently suffering from. I play fantasy because I want good vs evil, light vs dark, unnecessarily violent murderweeb vs zenos

Fuck off attention whore.

Zenos wasn't terrible, just dull. The fact that he's back now is awful though, except for the Katana meme.

playing simon says is not complex. I could memorize the first 100 decimals of pi bur that wont make me a galaxy brain mathematician.

Dragoon doesn't have a lot of buttons. It flows really well when you get the hang of it and there's only 3 positionals. Try it user.

I've never been to the general though, I legitimately just want to see some characters, not everyone is part of a tranny circlejerk who want nothing but get to you

Don't be a pussy

Attached: 1556800502998.png (690x968, 900K)

Why does SAM work so well grinding with hip hop in the background? Holy shit it feels so good.

Attached: file_5.png (1919x1081, 3.39M)

If you are in the oldbone with Hans too, I guess we are 3 anons in it

honestly just go with Rogue until you become Ninja. There's no point jumping around since you'll be starting from the most basic shit possible each time. At least get to 30 to try out mudras.

user, you're s-s-so m-mean!

Attached: 1488407830842.gif (500x283, 506K)

You know anons, it really wasn't that good. There were some lorebombs but the plot kind of sucked desu. First half was great, second half sucked donkey jizz out of a dead dog's asshole.

That was AFTER this family died. After Gaius took over Ala Mhigo and before the calamity he was living comfy with his family

single weave during hypercharge, you goon

I get 16ms latency from US data center and I still clip when I try to double weave that shit. You're not supposed to and you do not need to.

>not Samurai themed hip hop
youtu.be/GTWz7ugif-Y

Because I already played Rise of the Zilart.

Because we're going home in two weeks.

Attached: 1559375546124.jpg (409x409, 47K)

I don't think post-modernism has dibs on characters with depth.

Me. I thought it was another nut.

That's some comfort at least.

Story progression is one thing. Boring combat is another, it's not difficult which you could at least level at vanilla WoW (and even vanilla WoW was 3 button combat at the same point, and got better from there).

Anyway I'll keep playing rogue and see what happens.

Here, you can use this.

Attached: urianger.jpg (1918x1068, 207K)

Dragoon LOOKS complicated, but it's really not, you've got two combos you'll go back and forth between with a few ogcds to use. Particularly with the life of the dragon changes, I think it's the easiest melee now, don't (you) me.

Pick the sword and you join me.
Pick up the ball and you join your mother in death.

Attached: Genius_GZA_Liquid-Swords.jpg (953x953, 130K)

The entire time I didn’t give acfucj about Ilberd so I literally never gave him a single thought. Thought Griffin was a new character. When he revealed himself I was just like “Oh.”

Naw you just use language I am tired of hearing I suppose. Not about FFXIV but about anything anywhere on this site and beyond. "overated", "wasn't that good" and so much other low quality criticism because apparently everyone thinks they are are playing fine art and are some bedroom art critic.

Don't take this as a personal attack, this shits everywhere these days like shitting on things is somehow expected and if you say you like something you get shit on here.

So yeah you're right you didn't say you didn't like it, but you didn't say you did either. So don't snap at me for seeing your low key shitting on it as exactly what it was.

I'm surprised Blizzard didn't try to release classic on the same day as ShB.

And you make it obvious you're just shitposting.

>bought FF14 collectors edition
>literally paid money to beta test this shit
>6 years later they still shill this game on Yea Forums
final fantasy fourteen is absolute dogshit and they scammed the early adopters hardcore. they fucked all the FF11 fans hard in the ass and went for the 13+15 crowd. final fantasy is a fucking shit

but if I don't gauss and ricochet cap at 2

you better not by lying to me since I'm starting to level it now

Attached: 1374328171246.jpg (540x720, 83K)

FF14 is nothing like 13 and 15 though. In fact, it's more FF than 11 was.

what are the similarities

Fucking god why is Assize so satisfying to use

I agree sort of... And I even praised them for making a morally black villain at the time. But it feels like we're lining up for yet another sodding expansion with Zenos as the big bad and I just don't fucking care.

And that's a big jolt from going from stormblood: kinda meh, shadowbringers: actually invested, future zenospansion: not fucking bothered.

I am hoping they kill him off in the patch content... Cause seriously he cannot carry an expansion.

>playing the trash heap that was 1.0
lol retard

Actually, I never said double weave I said weave, I will still clip
Nuke cali

depth =\= good. I've read fanfiction that exposits for 10+ pages for one character and its just fucking awful. fairy tales are hundreds of years old and remain in the cultural memory because of their simplicity, not because of complexity. the most beloved stories in literature can be analyzed to death yes, but what is on the page is whats on the page.

I just finished up a literary analysis/creative writing course and I'm sick of this stuff.

Just got DRK to 70 a couple days ago. The Blackest Night is genuinely busted and I feel like it’s going to get nerfed.

What is wrong with you people? Not every villain needs to be DEEP. There is nothing wrong with a simplistic villain.

Healer meld question: for pieces that are already capped on crit/det do I overmeld DH or piety for lulz? (AST so spellspeed is even more pointless)

you're welcome! i tested it myself!

He's going to actually find Zodiark and/or Warriors of Dark from other worlds and wake him/them up, then get Worfed as a demonstration of what we're fucking with. He's been demoted to Ilberd

Problem is ff14 has noting but simplistic villains.

Is it still (reasonably) possible to get anemos weapons? And how long would it take?

Attached: 012c818129021.jpg (1024x543, 212K)

If they nerf TBN they destroy the only reason to ever play DRK.
They better leave it alone I swear to god.

Attached: 1540972587602.jpg (1280x678, 358K)

Zenos is just plain boring and ridiculous, too. Nidhogg is even more simplistic but he's a better villain because he doesn't fucking clash with everything you know.

You're projecting... I never said anything about his simplicity.

Read my response here:

its the only thing drk has

Honestly... I loved heavensward DRK and it was my main.

They butchered everything good about that class in stormblood and I haven't forgiven them.

And then gave it all back to gunbreaker... So I guess I am gunbreaker till they inevitably gut the fuck out of it in the next expansion. Because Yoshi hates diversity of roles, then someone might get left out of top tier statics.

The issue is that he's right, it's fucking insane how strong it is, it need to toned down, though just a tiny wee bit

Nope. I just finished getting mine because I wanted the glamour and it took weeks of nonstop grinding. Nobody does it anymore and it’s impossible to solo. You just have to get lucky and check Anemos constantly to see if there are any parties doing fate trains. It’s usually dead. I was going to for pagos and pyros too but I just can’t do it, not until they need the amount of crystals you need to trade in.

>until they need
*nerf

How long will it take to get from level 15 to starting HW stuff? I want to experience the expansions and highlights of the game but fuck me the MSQ for ARR sucks dicks so far

Yoshi is giving the playerbase what they want

This. It's all he has.

buy a story and level skip.
otherwise, it'll take a couple days.
enjoy the 100 fetch quests at the end of ARR that gates HW

Is the trust system worth shit?
I'm not sure how I feel about dragging AIs, even if it's just a dungeon

Attached: 1560720719399.png (400x356, 230K)

It can be anywhere from forty to eighty hours.

Mfw I do the most damage on DRK.
It's so fucking easy to play. I get flustered sometimes on PLD and GNB and mistime their buffs.

Attached: qas33kqguo601.jpg (773x935, 47K)

You got a long way. Focus on where you are rather than where you're going. The 'good' parts of Heavensward aren't good if you skip through everything before it

You can make fun of me if you want. I play on console and I wear cheap, ugly glasses :(

Attached: itsa.me.mario..jpg (3840x2160, 685K)

I'm getting sick and tired of every fucking user coming on here just to complain about ARR.
Why don't you just
A) Drop it
B) FUCK OFF
C) grit your teeth and get through it.
It's honestly not that bad but you retards just mimic whatever you hear. It's a fucking self prophecy

Attached: The-World-Ends-With-You-Final-Remix_Announcement-Capture_01.jpg (1920x1080, 635K)

perfect image for a retard to post

It's fine actually, your character just have a fat face

Attached: 1555884474099.jpg (429x410, 27K)

They are alright.
Bad compared to good players.
Slightly better compared to bad players.

No Yoshi is giving the top % of savage raiders what he thinks they need.

No one asked him to homogenize every class down to the same fucking roll or deny blue mage because "it might be a bit different and we don't have the creativity to make it work."

He's still copying his little "WoW did this" playbook all the way. That's why none of the content has shifted from the same set formula with the exception of taking a 4 man dungeon off the majority of the playerbase and dumping that content into ultimates that no one fucking plays.

I asked my linkshells a while back what they wanted and a lot of it was decent mid tier content... And we get fuck all of that... 1/2 shitty difficulty 4 mans a patch and ooo eureka... replace difficulty with nauseous grinding that only the people who still own a FF11 sub get hard for.

Yoshi doesn't have a fucking clue what the game needs, he just repeats what he stole from WoW because it worked and hopes the art, music and writing team can keep carrying the game.

>pros
>some characters have an emotional connection to the events going on so you get extra lines
>can predict attacks before they happen so you can just follow them around instead of learning the fight
>insta queue as DPS

>cons
>they can't revive you, you have to restart if you die
>they don't do AoEs with the exception of some moves they do as part of other combos
>Thancred/Exarch will not pull big if you do not make them pull big, but they will also definitely not die provided something doesn't happen to Alphinaud/Urianger

>Use Bullet combo when no mercy is up in 5 seconds
There's no other worse feeling.

Ignore this muppet, stick it out... it's tedious but you're gonna lack some serious context if you do it. Everyone I know who jumped seriously regretted it.

titan's theme is getting grating after a few hours lads
i think i'll just play eurobeat over it

Pulling big is meaningless with bots since, as you said, they won't use AoEs

I hope they wont give him a sad past like they did with Yostuyu and that one girl

user, you do know YOU can use AoEs still, right?

I’m fucking tired of running Amaurot to cap out on Tomes. I’m sick and fucking tired of it. Why did they structure the game like this. I hate this shit. Why.

DRK 80 quest ending cutscene was fucking kino.

Allisae loves to use the LB.

Can someone fucking please tell me how to make friends in this game??

Attached: 1552008653-1551358904383.gif (400x225, 2.52M)

take the lalapill

Attached: ffxiv_08072019_111613_114.png (1920x1080, 2.15M)

With a single person aoeing, it still takes forever.

Jesus Christ, I can’t wait when I finally get home, enjoying that classic experience like being one of those tag hunters of my master

Attached: lineofhumantrash.png (1536x864, 2.15M)

Just do hunts you fag.

Just run expert dailies 5 times?

>what they want
>constantly pulls the limitations excuse
>couldnt even finish the new races
>cut corners on Heavensward 3
>still no add-on support
>no SMN glamours after teasing Shiva and Ramuh

Attached: DyeData.png (1786x269, 72K)

he's using general forums and clear rates and parses for metrics.

He saw that AST just fished for Balance cards, so now all cards are Balance

He saw that people brought warrior for its on demand defensives and its high dps, so now all tanks have high dps and on demand defensives

He saw that the entire dps meta revolved around Trick Attack, so he cut that fucker out, along with pruning alot of boring, passive shit, like bard's crit aura. I play SCH and I wish Energy Drain hadn't been given back, as now when I get paired with other SCH they burn their charges on that instead of actually doing their job

genuinely curious do trusts speak after the first dungeon (after you've cleared the game)

because they are silent in holminsters and i am assuming that's because you cannot make a party of who was actually there. But I cba to grind to frogland if they don't speak there. Am slightly pissed i only did one dungeon with trusts if they don't speak after the MSQ.

Im trying too but the main story quest line is like 50 years long.

My friend skipped straight to HW and now he’s caught up with ShB and is loving it. He just watched a video that recaps all I’ve 2.x and he was good. Nothing much even happens in 2.0, all the meat is in the patches afterwards but you can just watch a video explaining it or watch the cutscenes.

For anyone struggling with ARR just get drunk or high and skip all of it's cut scenes

it's still better than just aoeing regular pulls

Actually, every time she's used it with me it's been on bosses. She's a fucking moron.

That's true, but only if you play DPS, so while you CAN use and spam AoEs to your heart content it'll still take eons since you can't shit out damages as much as a DPS as heal or tank.
As for why you'd play heal or tank with bots when you have free queues, personally I have a god awful luck with teaming up with randoms so that made me consider it.
What I'm trying to say here, it vastly depend on you.

Attached: 1557389389357.png (210x260, 15K)

I dunno, I really don't think I would've enjoyed it as much with a video summary.

>it's still better than just aoeing regular pulls
Or you could just play with other people.

I don't understand why it's so highly rated, the amount of visual clutter with spells is insane. You can't see your own damage numbers from behind the Pink Floyd light show you create from your level 1 spell.

maybe cosmetic shit like races should be a tertiary priority to gameplay

>SMN egis

get out. Summoners will never EVER be satisfied. Your ilk is a black hole of dev time

You can just like.
Disable the effects you know, that's so weird of a complain.

>spoiler
leveling SCH now, do people actually use that shit? I only use it to dump the last remaining stack if there's nothing else to use it on and I can recharge.

Play WAR and be amazed at how easy it is to play while doing stupid damage.

>should be a tertiary priority to gameplay
>Yoshi admitted they couldnt even finish that and will patch it forward with NIN being the next one up on the table
Yeah the man is realllly giving this game thats obsessed with glamours what they want and putting priority in things they need to get shit out on time.

You can adjust visual effects for skills, though you'll still hate any RDM using the LB and turning your entire screen white for a good 15 seconds.

Character Config > Character > Battle Effect settings

Imagine being too retarded to figure this out on your own.

Tank AOE DPS is pretty close to most DPS jobs aside from PLD and maybe DRK
There's no reason not to pull big, you just have to make sure to provoke the last pack then IMMEDIATELY sprint back to the healer or else they'll be too far behind since they don't move with you after you engage the first pack. Also Yshtola and Ryne use a few AOE skills in their default rotation

>teasing Shiva and Ramuh
would egi Shiva just be Ysalye

I melded all DH and enough SkS to be comfy for both DRK and GNB. I don't know if it's that but I'm doing way more damage in expert on DRK rather than WAR.

Alisaie automatically LBs the instant the bar fills so it usually lines up with boss fights. she is retarded.

>we want healers to focus more on healing
>we don't want you to use outside sources to see dps
>here's a boss fight that requires everyone, healers included, to dps their asses off and even if one person slacks off you'll fail the fight

I'm getting mixed signals here.

E2S has an extremely lenient DPS check though

>I only use it to dump the last remaining stack if there's nothing else to use it on and I can recharge.
Kinda exactly how you're supposed to use it.

The healers don’t need to dps if they do then it means your actual DPS are slacking

>24 man ends up having a person from some popular youtube vids
>Devolves to sucking his dick during and after raid

Youtuber culture was a fucking mistake

Thats all its for, burning excess charges and cutting 2 broils off of killing mobs in the overworld. Though I don't get why people think they're 'excess' charges. There's always a way to burn it and prevent having to use GCD heals

Don't be mean to the midget she's trying her best

Attached: 1564492318045.gif (500x500, 96K)

For competent groups it's not an issue, but no fight has ever been an issue for competent groups.

It's all Kino. Too bad the job is shit.

I played through the MSQ as MNK and I wasn't about to wait for DPS queue. I saved time this way.

Not for the common player who can barely green parse.

It's stricter than 1 and 3

My group is fucking retarded and we had basically everyone die 1-3 times in our clear run. It's a piss easy DPS check

>healers dont need to DPS
(You)
Post numbers

Eulmore is such a shit hub area. I think I even prefer bagpipeshire and Rhalgr’s Reacharound over it

How much SkS do I need to comfortably hit 5 bloodspillers in delirium?

Attached: 1548301939616.jpg (1920x1080, 579K)

I played to level 60 and its boring as fuck so I didnt renew my sub

never ever seen it, flee whatever server cluster you are on.

I wanted the last zone to be the hub.
But without emet the city is going to disappear eventually and that's sad.

Hey man. I fangasmed when I saw remotay afking in Limsa. I loved his videos when I was a kid.

>holy trinity game design where nobody is allowed to have any class flavor because the devs are too lazy to balance it properly
>everything is an instance
>loot treadmill game design
>pay2skip the shitty story it forces on you constantly with cringe "you're the chosen hero" that millions of other people have already seen

unless you're a braindead world of warcraft player that thinks endlessly doing the same series of buttons you read from an online guide on raid bosses over and over to get gear so that you're just in time for the next expansion to make you just as weak equivalently as you were at the start of the last one because all the numbers got inflated again the game is terrible. theme park mmo's are bullshit and this is the most insulated and theme parky of them all, complete with dumb minigames.

1500 or something is recommended, but you can go a bit lower

Literally a more one dimensional villain than Prince Autism. Change my mind.

Attached: 1564943359716.jpg (1280x1440, 267K)

The fact that you can see the giant talos and Mount Gulg from there automatically puts it above Bagpipeshire and Rhalgr's Reacharound.

This was the clear run day 1 in 440-450 gear

Attached: clear run btw.png (98x571, 11K)

its japanese

Sure

Attached: 1561684665109.jpg (394x790, 68K)

old and busted

Attached: Mg2mM7C.png (504x342, 215K)

>The healers don’t need to dps
You literally cannot clear savage without healer DPS week 1

what do u think of my chart Yea Forums

Attached: chart.png (1014x986, 272K)

Given all the anti-japanese sentiment seething from america, I highly doubt that.

I said numbers, not deaths

scholar belongs further up the retard scale cause i always see them do nothing but DPS and cause wipes

I am sorry did you mean 300-400 buddy?

Attached: 1500514487371.jpg (640x480, 46K)

>BLM
>pussy
Say that to my xenoglossy, fagola

Attached: 1539840299852.jpg (595x313, 31K)

youtu.be/pCcbKY7d0dc

This fight was fun.

WAR want Crit > Det > DH
Since most of their damage comes from Critical direct hit which get boosted by your Crit and Det while DH does nothing for it

He meant 500

How is FF11 these days? I hear it's real easy to solo, I'm not much into MMOs but I wonder if it's a good gateway. I have a friend who used to play it back in the day and he speaks the world of the game, and I've always wanted to check it out.

Attached: bowsettevibratingatveryhighspeeds.gif (286x326, 135K)

>only use slutglams on my AST
yeah that's accurate

This chart is invalidated simply because DNC is full of retarded sluts.

Also fuck you PLD a best

Attached: 1.jpg (640x480, 40K)

Attached: Untitled.png (116x276, 4K)

Like every other MMO the gameplay is dogshit and everyone who speaks highly of it does so because it was a glorified chat room for them

>WAR want Crit > Det > DH
>Since most of their damage comes from Critical direct hit which get boosted by your Crit and Det while DH does nothing for it
I know my dude. But I melded for DRK and GNB. And I'm not gonna buy another set for WAR.

how?
theres literally no strat, just kill stuff on your screen

Trusts make it so you can solo everything. San d'Oria is the best starting city. Play on Asura.

yeah i had to compensate by making their sluttiness off the scale

also I'm a PLD main too bro, but we gotta be honest with ourselves

Because moogles are cute, dumb dumb.

Attached: 1564945581594.png (750x1200, 1.21M)

The healers were absolutely carrying the group, then.

>"Speaketh to me true, Warrior of Light. Hath thou ever contemplated the most serene bliss of a Lalafellin maiden of the night? In mine overlong night wanderings I oft encounter many such diminuitive damsels. Every moon thus hath mine gil pouch emptied, and mine loins swiftly hereafter. Thou would'st not wisheth to join me upon my next visit? Would'st thou? Afeared greatly I am that left alone the insatiable thirst of these many maidens will soon consumeth my soul swifter than a rampaging primal might. Alas, since Moenbryda left us..Ahem, pray pay me no mind.."

What did square mean by this dialogue?

Attached: spud fucker.jpg (1814x1073, 248K)

I'm just grinding everything to 60 before I start trying to get the Garo mounts, only have DRK/DRG/BRD/MCH/MNK/BLM left
Don't really care about gearing up or doing savage at all

Not really since they caused literally all the DPS deaths

Urianger canonically likes big women user. The only confirmed scion lalafucker is Alphinaud, who thirsts for Krile and to fuck that smug look off her face

Because they stop avalanching readpills all over the MSQ dialogues.

Attached: 1434610971431.jpg (1914x1079, 234K)

That's one of my main grip with WAR too.
If you main WAR like me you'll do less damage on DRK, GNB and PLD but those 3 play just fine if you meld for them.
Also when the fuck are they letting us use Nascent Flash on ourself?!

and PLD WoL's

Attached: 1556846926775.jpg (614x143, 28K)

Probably because they're too focused on bring green DPS, but it's better this way because at least theyre competent. Tell your DPS to not take unnecessary damage as well

Big women now remind him of Moenbryda. He can now only fuck lalas Source: I'm YoshiP, unsubscribe from my game.

>caused
Unless they only took unavoidable damage, it's the dps' fault.

You could solo so much content by yourself if you could just use Nascent Flash on yourself.

>there's literally no strat
Is this bait? It's the only regular ARR trial that actually requires the OT to do something and can still get pugs wiped if someone doesn't bother marking the proper order to kill

Right? It would be like the Bloodbath days!

>theres literally no strat
It's really like you never did it during ARR.

Based green

its actually worse nowadays because tanks alone can push the king now

All MMOs are watered down garbage.

Brainlet here, is the idea for RDM that you use Jolt to instantly cast the other spells, swapping to proc'd spells if available instead?

Attached: Y4UVdeE.gif (500x376, 493K)

It was fucking cool when you go there the first time (honestly it might've been the part of XIV with the most atmosphere period) and then when you seize control you realize that's all there fucking is to the place.

When you fuck up sophia and then forget to heal the DPS you were paired with I'd call it the healer's fault

>all the girls I know play Scholar, Ast, Dnc and smn
>I play gnb
Yeah that's accurate mate.

>it fucking bounces everywhere
I really do hope it ends up being plot relevant somehow, easily my favorite sidequest line in ShB from what I've done so far.

no you just manually hardcast the 6s long cast times. Jolt is just for low level content

Pretty much
>Jolt
>Thunder/Aero, whichever of your mana supply is lower
>Use proc and then thunder/aero depending on which mana is lower
>Repeat till 80/80
>Melee combo
>Repeat
>Use Manafication at 40/40 when available

I just started playing about a month ago, maybe less. I have a 51 Dragoon, but I way outleveled the main story quests, so I started leveling a Warrior to do those quests with. I've also spent a lot of time fishing.

I spent a lot more time than I'd like to admit jumping around on the summer festival tower today too.

Attached: ffxiv_08112019_200150_789.png (1680x1050, 1014K)

>I really do hope it ends up being plot relevant somehow
Yoshi retweeted this, so...

Attached: 1563734367115.jpg (1199x619, 58K)

The two girls in my static play monk and red mage

read also, for AoE situations use Verthunder/Veraero 2 and then Scatter/Impact

Imagine needing help with the easiest and most braindead job in the game

>when you have to switch to Lalafell because all the mods made your cat into a slightly overweight milf and you couldn't stop fapping to her

I can finally enjoy the game.

Attached: b5d.png (601x353, 366K)

BASED

because I'm too cheap to pay a subscription.

He's not asking about warrior, white mage, monk, dancer, bard

Keep doing MSQ on your main job, don't switch jobs or you'll get level gated at high 50s/60s/70s. You get exp bonuses based on how high your most leveled job is so leveling alt jobs before hitting 80 is a waste of time.

That's right, hes asking about RDM :)

The bunny scholars mention a legend about what sounds like a primal the Ronka defeated and imprisoned for thousands of years during that questline. Overtime it diluted its rage and became a guardian of the forest.
Would not at all be surprised if they invent a reason to resurrect it as a primal.

Because there's no customization, the community can't do simple mechanics, and the dungeons/raids are boring.

I still did about 8 hours of E2S "clearing" with some of the worst people ever, doing each pull with minimal mistakes and parsing at the top, and then completely flunked it when someone offered me a spot on a party that'd clear. And we came close, multiple times.

Fuck.

Christ, I selected the wrong post too. Somebody put me out of my misery.

Meant for , obviously.

What the hell is with every artifact this expac having a popped collar

Until people get more ilvl460 gear, E2S will still be a wall.
Or they could just use fucking stats post for fuck's sake it's cheap as fuck now please buy them and use them I'm so tired

based

It looks cool

Is there an example of a trial being so heavily foreshadowed in a side quest to the point where you get it as a minion before you actually fight it, though?

Ironic that Yoshi doing the very thing he said that ruins mmos.

Attached: 1565334532228.png (1280x720, 784K)

a dps not dying and having their stats cut by 25% for 90 seconds will do much more than a pot

As I played through ARR and now Post ARR i've felt as though I wish I could have played through everything as it was fresh and newly released so I could have enjoyed it with everyone else at the same time. :(

Attached: 1564937772719.png (1000x1333, 1.39M)

DNC unseated RDM in terms of being the most braindead dps. At least with RDM you have to know how to count

That too but you can't ask them to play better.
70% of the time they will turn bitchy as fuck or throw the fault at someone else

DNC is fun, though.

that type of player wouldn't even know that stat potions existed, let alone drop 10k a pop

I've stopped potting after having a "so close but so far" party because people failed to do simple mechanics like "stack with flares until it's gone off" and "top people up after prey". I now only pot if we can get to Quietus in a single pull. I don't even use food anymore until I think the group is competent.

I fucking play Black Mage. I should be the one failing this shit, falling over my ass to do the biggest, fattest explosion the realm has ever seen. But, no, it's not me. It's some fucking faggot BRD or RDM who can very easily move, and I'm beating them by about 4k every fucking pull.

It's so fucking frustrating. And then I do the same exact thing myself as them, and remind myself why I hate myself.

That first point is bullshit. Ffxiv looks great for its age but some of the textures are big yikes and the lighting is dogshit, which is why people download ReShade. Game could stand to look a lot better.

I got the xp boost ring. Is there anything else I can get for an xp boost or is it all just from pre ordering?

I'm thinking it would be nice to have for leveling alt jobs.

Attached: 1535821252374.png (365x421, 15K)

>unhealthy obsession with graphic quality
yoshi regularly dabs on people who want hd textures so that one's out, xiv looks great in some respects and ugly in others
>a surprising lack of mmorpg knowledge amongst development team members
debatable, xiv is probably the most balanced mmo on the market with some of the most interesting encounter design even in spite of fights being as scripted as an snes rpg's, i don't think anybody would really argue xiv is directionless or doesn't know what it's doing in good faith
>mindset that the solution to every problem could be patched in a future update
hardly the case when they say themselves it wasn't finished in time and their arm's twisted to finish things as the expac goes alongside delivering the normal content amount

That doesn’t make it not braindead. You could be a vegetable and still play it effectively. There’s honestly no room for error, the kit is so restrictive.

How long would it take to beat the shadow bringers story?

Ok, I joined late Stormblood.
Can someone explain the appeal of Beast Tribe grinds to me?

Attached: 1552098898968.png (900x635, 547K)

What is the DPS in/out of eden?

what kind of char is this? make no sense
t retarded slut

Depends on your free time. I beat it over the early access weekend without skipping cutscenes, but I also prepared my meals in advance so I didnt have to take time to cook, or I just got something delivered when i ran out

Mounts, and a good way to level crafters
For crafting you have Ixal for 1-50, Moogles for 50-60, and Namazu for 60-70

You could only get the aetheryte earring that boosts XP up to 70 from pre-ordering (I'm not sure if it's obtainable at all now), but leveling isn't a tremendous burn-out level of grind anyhow and the Brand New Ring is pretty damned good for getting a class up to a job quickly. Pop cheap food in dungeons and join an FC for more XP boosts.

ReShade doesn't make the game look good though. From what I've seen modding rarely makes the game look better gameplay wise unless you sit down and gpose.

may.2chan.net/b/res/660966208.htm
>2層クリアさせてくれ・・・
>何回ニュクスに当たれば気が済むんだ・・・もう・・・
Even nips are stuck on E2S lol

Attached: 1562230691456.jpg (959x479, 70K)

It would be the best mmo. If it actually had pvp that didn't suck complete ass. Until then it's absolute trash

Chaos and Retribution. So many clean runs that fail because one dumbass forgets their spot or panics and causes a chain reaction

>start using ACT again
>get a RDM in Akademia is pulling under 4k and is getting beaten by the healer

Attached: 1558644682250.png (500x525, 59K)

The only relevant point is the last one.
They're rushing content out of the door and have to cut corners fucking everywhere and XIV got too big so he can't just say "no, we're taking additional month to finish all the job adjustments and modelling before the release".

On one hand the amount of content they're delivering is absolutely huge for any MMO project, on the other hand they sort of put themselves into a corner when they committed to so many systems they cannot possibly keep up with so it looks like they're fucking up when they ship a race that can't wear hats or a new job with no extra weapon skins people have come to expect.

Attached: 5758949+_6caccba6aaddd74c9e65c467147edab3.jpg (325x325, 23K)

>Depends on your free time. I beat it over the early access weekend without skipping cutscenes, but I also prepared my meals in advance so I didnt have to take time to cook, or I just got something delivered when i ran out

People really do things like this and see no issues with their lives. Unreal.

PvP in MMO's was always shit, fuck off.

>Using parsers in a dungeon
There's only one loser in that group, and it's not the RDM

dilate

Be honest, you roleplayed at least once.

Attached: why_we_still_here.jpg (364x418, 30K)

>If the cute and beautiful visual of our branch Feo is white pig

Attached: 1565593049970.jpg (1024x576, 170K)

Attached: solus cringe.png (670x680, 725K)

Have you actually used ReShade yourself though? It does a lot for the look of the game, especially when you customize it to get it exactly how you want it.

Attached: 997EAAC9-27DE-4714-839D-77F665EFF6B1.jpg (1200x675, 169K)

Are people stuck on E2S because of the mechanics or they can't meet the dps check? I mean, the mechanics aren't that hard to do...

Retard

>people manage their time and set it aside to enjoy things they like
I know, fucking blows my mind how anyone could do that!

>If it actually had pvp that didn't suck complete ass.
Will it ever be improved? I've only seen a bit from videos and it just looks like a copy of wow arenas which I never liked. I always had more fun in battlegrounds like warsong gulch which will always be my favorite.

Attached: 1564053308771.jpg (706x883, 111K)

Mostly because of the Damage down of the Nyx and the death.
If nobody get hit or die it's pretty easy but otherwise goddamn enjoy your 0.3% enrage

>arenas which I never liked
Found the no skill no brain retard that wants to get carried

I haven't. But I've asked in XIV threads constantly for them to show me good pictures. I haven't seen any that I liked that aren't just pics of their character and the ground.

Seems like Frontline is what you're looking for.
Also in my opinion PVP used to be much more fun since you could use your PVE skill and had bonus PVP skill too.
youtube.com/watch?v=mPW9v24S7f4

The new system is nice but kinda meh in comparison, though they said they will be putting more skills in a future update so we'll see.

I would rather spend an entire night the third wheel in a catranny mansion than a single savage party with minmax logtards.

Attached: 1548906020552.png (828x812, 2.58M)

I fucking hate PvP in MMOs so XIV's being an afterthought is a positive mark in my book.

>budget time
>???
>profit
You should try it sometime, user!

Looks awful, what's wrong with their face

Both, either like 3 people die to cycles or everyone gets hit by a nyx. I haven't been hit by a nyx in days but I just spend so much time fucking rezzing people.

Attached: e2s.png (1325x219, 24K)

I'm sure you would, tranny

Potentially in 5.1 with the new type of frontlines and additional balance, but even Yoshida is now saying that could be delayed to 5.2 when pre-release interviews he was adamant about it coming in 5.1

Hey me too. The only reason we won is because of how the game processes AOE damage. 5/8 of our members died to the enrage. I didn't get grey but at 45th percentile I feel that I may as well have.
I will do better next week!

Attached: ffxiv_07042019_023029_100.png (1920x1080, 785K)

PvP is the most important part of an mmo.

You tell me.

Attached: ffxiv_08102019_111513_250.png (1920x1080, 2.42M)

No actually, unless /tg/ shit counts.

>DoF
>oversaturated colors
To each his own but I'd honestly take the shitty vanilla lighting system over reshade filters.

What is it that he said to you, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1546988711485.jpg (900x603, 389K)

Retards who disagree can dilate

I have some characterization in my head but dont roleplay or ERP because I'm too autistic to initiate

Open your eyes to the darkness and drown in its loveless embrace.
The gods will not be watching.

Attached: 1550735087586.png (1366x768, 603K)

How did TG Cid predict Hades?

Post pics of that Miqo

I dislike PvP, there's too much target switching, I enjoy the game most when I just need to focus on one target instead of playing wack a mole.

I CALL OUT TO THE SKIES AND TREMBLE AS THE BRILLIANCE OF A THOUSAND BOLTS BLINDS MINE ENEMIES AND TEARS FLESH ASUNDER

Attached: 1565377872547.jpg (298x402, 22K)

I tried. People got mad (OOC) when i roleplayed as a misogynistic swashbuckling pirate. Guess I gotta be a donotsteel edgelord assassin or uwu gib me huggie wuggies.

>playing mmos for pvp instead of a real men genre like fighters
found the limp wristed tranny

pictures now

NOT EVEN THE STRONGEST OF SHIELDS CAN PROTECT THE WEAKEST OF WILLS

>preparing meals in advance and ordering delivery so you can stay inside and play vidya like a fucking cretin all day

I legit feel bad for you. You need help.

Attached: 2DEF38E7-52C1-449A-A3E4-11870D5977D7.jpg (750x954, 164K)

I lack creativity and vocabulary so I know if I tried I would be bad at it.

Attached: ok retard.png (782x960, 478K)

Seven shadows cast, Seven fates foretold. Yet at the end of the broken path lies death, and death alone!

normalfag gtfo

BARANSU BREAKA

A little bit, a lancer came up to me and asked what my dragon armor was all about when I was loitering in the Quicksand as DRG once and I played along. It was fun being mildly repulsed in-character that Gridania fancied itself to have spearmen when dragoons are the end-all-be-all of the weapon, and using /vpose to show off a jump on the spot.

Attached: 1558470854397.png (267x272, 137K)

wacky adventures of Estinien and Gaius spinoff when?

Attached: 1564338682822.png (2304x1296, 3.24M)

Wait, so is it true then that E2S is harder than E3S?

Didn't that woman get fired for that or was she fired over something else? I remember something about that.

>He says posting on 4chins

>ESCAPE IS NOT SO EASILY GRANTED

Attached: 1411871326731.jpg (480x454, 33K)

YOUR COMING WAS FORETOLD, SERVANT OF IVALICE... OR PERHAPS, YOU SERVE ANOTHER...

Would you rather people, who are doing things that aren't affecting your life in any way shape or form, be miserable just because what they're enjoying do not conform to your idea of a normal life?
No harm is being done to anyone so what's your fucking issue?

Attached: 1559752254986.png (158x160, 2K)

Yes, and?

Attached: 1452220416234.jpg (488x538, 66K)

Well jeez here's a suggestion. You don't have to pvp.

>amount of content is huge
>literally repeating their Heavensward formula for a 3rd time with a new coat of paint
You know they say repetition is the best way to get something down. You'd think playing it safe and never straying beyond the bare minimum would be easy to do by Expansion 3.
>thinking lack of dev knowledge doesnt apply
Yet they constantly keep saying they lack people who know how to work on MMOs especially in the Battle content design.