Worth playing?

Worth playing?

Attached: Invisible War.jpg (639x361, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oWx-jpMVaQo
youtube.com/watch?v=BoB4NTLlStM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

Why not?

Yes, just don't think of it as a Deus Ex 2

Yes it's extremely underrated

Attached: Invisible War vs Human Revolution.png (1973x1401, 934K)

It's bad.

>Small levels to accommodate shitty console hardware
>Watered down gameplay
>Less world interaction, inb4 "b-but muh ragdoll physics! "
>Terrible story which cannot properly work off the first game's multiple endings
>Terrible side missions
>Forgettable characters
Play it and see for yourself.

IW is bad. That's the point of that comparison, jackass.

But HR is good, so if IW is better, it must also be good

Better than HR and MD, literally the most underrated game ever made.

this
nostalgia faggots can fuck off
HR and MD are shit too

>HR
>Bad

No.

Invisible War is the only game I've ever played that made me feel claustrophobic and unfortunately that's not a good thing for what it was trying to do.
Console limitations at the time gimped it hard.

By bad it' worse than the first one, but it's better than the ones after it.

youtube.com/watch?v=oWx-jpMVaQo

youtube.com/watch?v=BoB4NTLlStM
Intelligent AI

I enjoyed it back when it originally released. Although at the time I had no idea there was a previous game in the series. And since I haven't played it since then I don't know how well it has aged, or if I would still enjoy it today.

Yes, it's one of those games where you can be a total dickhead.

Worth playing but not worth buying. It's extremely short.

what a champ

Probably one of the worst games I've played

Shitty floaty movement and combat, even Doom 3 feels better with its shitty shotgun
Universal ammo and no inventory management making the RPG and immersive sim aspects pointless
Dull characters that are unmemorable, literally the only memorable character is JC Denton who is a carry over from the original
Stupid world building (LOL ALL RELIGIONS BECOME THE SAME DESPITE THE FACT THAT FUCKING CHRISTIANITY IS STILL SPLINTERED AFTER THE GREAT SCHISM AND REFORMATION OVER SEEMINGLY MINUTE ISSUES)
Small levels that don't allow for much exploration
le funny coffee meme quest

I got suckered into buying it by fags 10 years ago and it still pisses me off

Attached: iw.png (321x105, 22K)

>if a game doesn't have inventory management it makes the RPG aspects pointless
Weirdest copypasta I've ever read.

>immersive sim
fuck off reddit

Attached: 1536762126210.png (291x331, 57K)

>Bear bones inventory management is okay!

Go tell yourself that IW is good whilst simultaneously saying modern RPGs are bad despite even fucking Fallout 4 being a more better RPG than IW.

Why is this piece of shit being shilled so much lately?

>the more junk I can carry in my inventory the more of an RPG the game is
Gets weirder with every post, is this a bot?

You do know that even Warren Spector uses that term also nice ad hominem, I do like it that you refuse to engage with any of the points and instead nit pick words

Zoomers who have it as their first RPG experience

Given that anyone who likes IW is a retarded nostalgia filled zoomer I'm not surprised that you don't see how resource management and inventory management adds depth to a game since you're too busy doing fortnite dances and having nostalgia over a piece of shit

I'm just wondering if some e-celeb made a video about it or something because I've seen over a dozen threads about this game in the past few days.

The only thing it's good for is to know how bad it is compared to the first game.

>Zoomers who have it as their first RPG experience
Zoomers are well known for playing games that are 15 years old.

Attached: 2574679583.jpg (236x249, 8K)

Name 10 better RPGs

>Zoomers who have it as their first RPG experience
>Meaning they have nostalgia
>Demographers and researchers typically use the mid-1990s to early-2000s as starting birth years
>Release date: December 2, 2003

Sounds about right

I'm not arguing with you. Fuck off, reddit.

Attached: 1539649166643.webm (852x480, 139K)

Did this game molest you as a child or something, dial it down. Also I like how you keep calling people zoomers while you continue to praise Fallout 4.

Retard

Except that every time a thread pops up OP always asks if he should play it and if it's any good, as in he's going to play it for the first time.

Continue to eat shit then

>while you continue to praise Fallout 4.
>even fucking Fallout 4 being a more better RPG than IW.

Wow I didn't know damning with faint praise is me declaring the praises of game. I guess Fallout 4 is also good since it didn't inject me with heroin and cause me to have an addiction huh

Also IW is still shit

>item management dictates if a game is RPG or not
I love Resident Evil 4, it's such a good RPG.

On top of a lot of things yes. Inventory management makes an RPG better generally as it means that stats matter more and continues to allow for player choice and problem solving.

Also Resident Evil 4 is a far better game than Invisible Wars

It's the last game published by a big name that lets you massacre young children. Worth playing. The strength aug in the game is also practically an early gravity gun.

Yeah it's cool I like it

Attached: 1517665081231.jpg (529x731, 63K)

>Stupid world building (LOL ALL RELIGIONS BECOME THE SAME DESPITE THE FACT THAT FUCKING CHRISTIANITY IS STILL SPLINTERED AFTER THE GREAT SCHISM AND REFORMATION OVER SEEMINGLY MINUTE ISSUES)
They never said that all religions merged, just that there was A religious movement that involved a kind of unitarian thing.

It's worth giving a shot.
Although everything just feels off in comparison to the original.

>steam
lmao child

This points to two possible solutions to me
1. The religious groups we know still exist but are not mentioned nor are their reactions to this incredibly heretical group to them are not documented in text or books. Meaning that the developers did not actually care enough to flesh out the world and thus is crappier than the original DX which had this world building in spades.

2. All religions did merge together into a superchurch which is told environmentally in how a mosque is now an Order Church. Pretty retarded but alright

Yeah I know I should have pirated it instead of paying for that piece of shit huh?

The constant loading screens suck ass and it feels weird to have JC act like he's god when he's the son of God.

Coffee storyline is fun though.

>1. The religious groups we know still exist but are not mentioned nor are their reactions to this incredibly heretical group to them are not documented in text or books. Meaning that the developers did not actually care enough to flesh out the world and thus is crappier than the original DX which had this world building in spades.
Dude it's the current year, Christians don't go around burning heretics anymore.

But you should expect polemic responses to this new religious movement though. Harold Camping was rebutted by almost all Christian groups when he predicted the end of the earth. Not to mention it's not just Christians but also Muslims who would condemn any worship of things other than Allah as apostasy and at the very least there would be writings against this. Also look at India with the Hindu Nationalists who kill Muslims suspected of eating beef. Religious conflict won't simply vanish in 20 years when people have been at it for a long time

The premise around the final boss fight Is kind of neat, but execution falls flat on every front. It's an okay game, but a bad Deus Ex sequel, and you won't find the replicated formula that made Dx1 so great.

There are fan patches that make the broken PC port less shit.

>having conversations with other characters
Nah, waste of time.
>building your character
Nope, don't want it.
>exploring the world and learning about it's history and people
No, completely pointless.
>shuffling items around in a grid
Now THAT'S role playing.

At the current rate of religious decline in white nations, America and Europe will be about 10% Christian by 2070

>>exploring the world
Yeah, in the game where every level is a Chinese fucking working class apartment. There is no exploration, no character building, and very little worthwhile dialogue in IW.
You're being facetious.

>having conversations with other characters
It is when the only decent character is JC Denton and the rest are forgettable as hell including the other carry overs from DX.

>building your character
You mean having some of the worse character building to the point where nuBethesda games does it better?

>exploring the world and learning about it's history and people
You mean through small levels and unfleshed out backstory?

>shuffling items around in a grid
Yeah I assume just having inventory tetris in a game with all of the above being shit would still suck. Good thing DX does all that and resource management better.

And yet we still see them writing refutations to cultural shifts. Hell ignore Christianity, Islam fucking flips its shit over a drawing of Muhammed. How much more would they flip their shit other worshiping other gods.

This, though the biggest gripe I have with this game is the fact that I can't shuffle some icons in a grid, that's what deep and meaningful roleplaying is all about.

If you're going to be a smarmy cunt at least make sure you've got the right person, idiot.

I too agree that strawman arguments are the peak of refutations

Even though I'm blatantly just making fun of you, don't take it personally.

Yes continue to act as if strawman arguments are intelligent or witty and not stupid

I already told you once, retard.

Attached: 1546744850248.png (711x117, 12K)

No
Loved the first Deus Ex
Played HR, thought it was okay; disappointing but gameplay was good enough for me to finish it
Dropped IW less than 2 hours in
The gameplay just feels bad, amd the fact that the game crashes itself to dump memory when loading new areas is just obnoxious especially with how small areas are
Never played MD