*kills you instantly by clicking my mouse once and hitting you with a single 150-450 damage hitscan shot from across...

*kills you instantly by clicking my mouse once and hitting you with a single 150-450 damage hitscan shot from across the map*

Attached: file.png (512x512, 235K)

Git gud

What’s hitscan supposed to mean?

git gud

it hits what it scans
capisce

The bullet has no travel time. Click, hit.

No hablo frencias senor

gut gid

>dude just flank even though all the maps in this game are designed like dogshit and have 500 meter sightlines
>dude just spaz and jump and crouch constantly even though this game's dogshit hitreg will make you even more likely to get hit

He should've fired projectiles with a quick base speed that are faster the longer you charge, with a full charge just being hitscan.

it's not that hard to avoid a sniper, user. cope harder.

whether you get hit or not becomes a true:false variable

the game decides if the crosshair is over you and the mouse is clicked, you will get hit instantly

>This thread again

Thanks

>PLAY GAME
>PUSH BUTTON
WOW

*ruins your game's delicately crafted system of checks and balances*

Attached: rzb.png (360x360, 81K)

>PLAY GAME
>PUSH BUTTON
>INSTAKILL
WOW

*unzips ambassador*

>unzips a weapon that's been nerfed so incredibly hard for every situation beyond killing an afk hardscoper*

Are snipers really that OP in highlander competitive?

Attached: 250px-Widowmaker_Overwatch.png (250x286, 83K)

yes

Game literally revolves around him there

I don’t see the problem

>wear croc-o-style set
>only get taken down to 1hp
>newb gets mad
>eventually they learn and start trying for body shots instead
>i bait them into firing and master the art of ducking just at the right time so they hit me in the head anyway
i'm pretty sure I'm the reason they removed item set bonuses and I'm still mad that they removed them.

Attached: 1545754488750.gif (245x300, 1.91M)

they removed the sets because they were enabling pay to win

Explaination?

for a sniper it shouldn't be. the bullet should not have a travel speed and should be hitscan

people consider it unfair or broken when weapons like the plasma rifle from UT hit instantaneously even though there is a visible plasma beam animation

who the fuck actually buys internet pixel hats? lmao
and the bonuses were usually not even that good. soldier's was a -10% damage reduction sure, but the items you needed to equip to get it were trash. Pyro's was OK but mostly only cuz he had no other good weapons at the time.
Sniper's drawback was you werent immune to spies and couldn't headshot anyone with the piss gun.

>gets so much as looked at by man across map
>die
so much for risk vs reward and damage ramp up

Attached: gasgasgas.jpg (624x480, 68K)

Would a universal sniper nerf (longer charge time, decreased headshot damage, etc) be that reviled by the TF2 community? I feel like it would be largely embraced, even though, generally speaking, classes like the demo and medic are better than sniper.

the piss gun was overpowered as shit to lower classes due to its instant charge and jarate blast
lots of scout mains were pissed at fuck at piss snipers for a reason

*ting ting ting*
AHEM

FUCK SNIPER
FUCK SPY
FUCK SCOUT
FUCK CRITS
FUCK VALVE
YOU ARE ALL ITTY BITTY TINY BABIES

Attached: AHEM.png (861x750, 551K)

YOU
WERE
STANDING
STILL
DICKHEAD

>reduce quickscope dmg to 120, keep ramp up time and max dmg of 450
>increase hs time to 0.2 but keep 150 min crit
>increase flinching based on distance from damage source
>realise most vanilla maps were designed with 12v12 stock 2007 action where sniper is overwhelmed
>highlander still has hardscoping issues

Attached: 1563680148381.jpg (197x406, 8K)

Have you tried not standing in a corner offering people sandwiches?

Yeah, snipers in any game are a flawed class, sniper himself though, good character

>spray tag on wall
>it's the crouching sniper

>sprays
>2019
bro...

>Nerf sniper
>But not soldier or demo

Attached: 1458344402629.jpg (377x465, 86K)

w-what are you trying to say

sprays are disabled on valve servers now and community servers are mostly dead

splash damage takes more skill than long range hitscan

demo was already nerfed

user you have click the mouse twice to headshot

The entire principle of being able to one shot a character from across the map as long as you have good aim is extremely busted in high levels of play.
Also both games follow the concept of the closer you are the more damage you deal meaning a sniper can be at the back of the map with no real pressure other than a mirror sniper or a flank if the map even allows it. Plus if the map is poorly designed snipers can literally oppress the entire team

This is why sniper is extremely broken in highlander and widowmaker/double sniper is ranking top 500 in OW

Not nefed enough. Sticky spam needs a delay.

When a snipers aim is just fast and accurate enough, theres jack shit you can do about it when he you see him. How do you balance the sniper while still retaining fun and viability?

Force a hard-scope/focus, snipers in tf2 should full-charge/half-charge to one-shot squishies, widow should full-charge to one-shot squishies

i've literally never had problems with snipers

Attached: STOP STANDU.jpg (1048x666, 155K)

TF2 is a casual gane that isn't supposed to br completely balanced

I guess that's why every pro 6s team runs a sniper at all times

there already was a time when widow's bodyshots one hit kill characters like tracer and zenyatta
it was so unfair and unfun it got changed

>the two worst classes in the game can counter sniper
>give sniper multiple items that invalidate both of them
What did valve mean by this?

Sniper players contribute the most money to the TF2 economy.

I'm talking about headshots user, the bodyshots are almost fine, maybe a little nerf for them too since you can just two-tap these days.

I'm talking about being able to scope up, take one second for barely half a charge and then immediately head shot for 200+ health is a ridiculous for a class that takes no risk in engaging a team, also, why does she have 200 hp? she should have 150 hp, tracer has more of a risk for the same benefit.

Snipers break more stalemates than they create, keeping the game more dynamic. The only thing bullshit about Sniper is the peeker's advantage but the game's netcode is generally fucked and it's not limited to just the Sniper.

Also keep in mind playing around your Sniper in HL is only meta in NA. In Europe, there is much more emphasis on the Demo/Med combo.

Then again most players just walk in straight lines, or god forbid jump, against enemy Snipers, then complain about being killed. Go figure.

Attached: 1546649812635.gif (400x258, 1.92M)

i was/am a piss gun main and where it's actually good is just tagging literally everyone on the enemy team with piss, getting you lots and lots of assists.
you'll rarely outright kill anyone with it, short of some idiot running around with low health.

ocнoвaн