Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Just finished pic related and my god what a fucking pile of shit, how'd they get away with releasing this shit?

Attached: 33b74a0527dae6af58431322dc688b0581461c37.jpg (616x353, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oVbj4GuuZTA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: Invisible War vs Human Revolution.png (1973x1401, 934K)

Ahem!
DE>DE:HR>DE:MD>DE:IW

You didn't like the city stuff?

whats wrong with it?

Reminder that eidos released half of the game and is sitting on the other half but will never release it because MD bombed.

>We unironically live in a time where people have nostalgia for Invisible Wars of all things

Just because it's older doesn't mean it's not shit

Attached: 1564975331530.jpg (680x383, 22K)

Well for starters everything, fucking everything drains the energy battery and the only way to recharge is use those energy cells which are expensive as fuck to both craft and buy. What's the point of having all these augments if you'll be reduced to that fucking shit 10% recharge after 30 seconds of use? Wven melee drains energy, fucking horseshit tedium

>have black character
>call him elias CHIKANE
yeah, I'm thinking MD is based.

>garbage story
>one hub
>ends on a shitty cliffhanger
>beats you over the fucking head with its hamfisted APARTHIED theme
>one hub
>combat and stealth are braindead fucking casual with the broken augments
>one hub
>horrible PC port that runs like shit
>one hub
>shitty supporting characters that nobody even remembers
>one hub
>the absolutely fucking insulting level of back and forth backtracking you have to do in every single mission in said one hub

chikane is a south african surname

It sucks the series is basically dead for good now. I mean we might get some shitty mobile shit at some point but that is just desecrating a corpse.

that one hub was top tier though

and a delicacy lol

Invisible War is a good game. You’re just an autist.

Better to be an autist with good tastes than some dumb cunt who likes Invisible Wars

Yeah, those two city blocks smaller than any single hub in HR sure was great.

Sure did love having to cross the checkpoint a minimum of 2 times in every single mission as you just back track back and forth through the same couple of streets over and over again for 15 hours.

>>beats you over the fucking head with its hamfisted APARTHIED theme

This was easily the most disappointing thing about MD and HR

The narrative of the new games is just garbage. The original game was about taking contemporary issues from when the game was made like terrorism, the massive increase in corporate power etc and logically extrapolating them to a future setting. You then get an interesting narrative and a fictional universe that feels relatable and has the appearance of 'predicting' things because it was just building on current social and political trends in a logical way.

The HR and MD narrative is just making up a totally hypothetical social issue and 'debate' out of nowhere then trying to clumsily tie it in to modern day shit which just feels fake and stupid. Even if the hub in the new game is good its hard to take the whole setting and world seriously because of this.
The writing and universe for HR and MD just feel like the Black Mirror meme from Yea Forums to me

>WOT IF 50% OF PEOPLE HAD ROBOTIC LEGS AND THEN IT'S KIND OF LIKE APARTHEID

*cough*
Nope, that looks about right.

Attached: file.jpg (541x533, 67K)

What augs are you using to eat up so much energy? I always end up swimming in Biocells even without crafting them.

>one hub
Also by far the best DX hub. The game would have been worse with a second hub added.
>horrible PC port that runs like shit
wat. The PC port is great with a plethora of settings to tweak.
>shitty supporting characters that nobody even remembers
True, they were really bad. It makes no sense to have so many of them either, like why isn't the IT guy and the forensics guy combined into a single memorable character, for example?
>>combat and stealth are braindead fucking casual with the broken augments
"Too easy" is something that plagues a lot of RPGs, yeah. The game (as well as its predecessor) needed challenging elite enemies in the late game

Mainly from using the execution. How fucking retarded that not wanting to use weapons and instead your fucking strength that picks up soda machines is tied to a bullshit cooldown. I don't wanna use piece of shit stun pistol or sleeper rifle or garbage damage reducing silencers I wanna use my fists and blades. Also every time you use an aug it takes away from your battery which is even more retarded. Should only be for shit like typhoon or the arm cannon or the duro armor not for weaponless action for fuck sakes.

>no leaning while aiming

Of course it was shit

invisible war is better than both the new ones

They made it more Stealthshit anyway because you get punished for doing action.

>Small levels
>Universal ammo
>Barely any inventory management
>le meme coffee quest
>Floaty game feel

>Better than anything

Daria!

Attached: 1562358938621.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

What the hell is her problem, Yea Forums?
Also the kid looks kind of off. Why?

Attached: 20190811182031_2.jpg (1920x1080, 206K)

The end of this quest was so fucking retarded. All this build up to makw it look like the Detective was the killer only to go through the sewers and find out she's a paycho bitch, there was no preemptive give away and a lazy attempt at subverting expectations.

it's made pretty obvious it's her before you get to the sewers

Finding a packet of needles and a bear carpet? That's fucking lazy because it was right at the end.

no you go see her doctor and find out about the experimental treatment she was doing
also if you investigate her apartment early on it's pretty clear that something is up with her

Attached: 1549972433599.jpg (448x473, 99K)

invisible war is hot trash

it was a perfect game you spergs

Just finished my new game plus run. Shame nothing much came out of the Eliza quest. Perhaps something was planned for the second half of the game.

You got any snacks to snack that up?

youtube.com/watch?v=oVbj4GuuZTA

>inb4 Sterling

He's popular enough that him having an insider connection with a giant studio isn't absurd.

>perfect game
>punishes you for killing
>makes it tedious for people who don't want to use weapons and instead augs only
Nigger post right here.

la creatura...

DX>DXMD>DXHR=>DXIW

I love how the trailers made a big deal about the guy in the yellow jacket yet he's only mentioned once in the main game.

keep in mind that this is wrpg-kun, a known shitposter who derails countless threads with bait images like those.

Even one of the devs shat on it.

People with nothing interesting to say about the future shouldn't make Deus Ex games. Was an OK spy thriller though.

It's not bad once you get into the flow of the game and it beats HR on several fronts. I'm still looking forward to seeing if they improve the third part. You can tell they took another look at the original and tried to improve some stuff over HR. It has plenty of exploration in both the hubs and levels. I lost hope that they'd finally trash the third-person cover crap and "Press F to Cutscene" but once you look past that there's an enjoyable game to be had.

Part 3 got canned because Avengers.

it was pretty decent. not great, but no where near a pile of shit. the gameplay was a step up, but the content and general level design was a step down. plus it carried over some bad mechanic choices like how the hacking works.

I like how everyone that praises HR to hell and back seemingly forgets that the game blatantly favours one playstyle, but the bosses go against that playstyle and literally had to be completely redesigned in the re-release to support both stealth and aggressive paths.
Anyone who unironically says HR is anything other than mediocre is a meme loving faggot that got drawn in by the shit memes that surrounded HR. IW is terrible but HR is just average.

i have fond memories of invisible war because i was a console babby back in 2003 - but i did play it briefly a year ago and boy it was rough.

Redpill me on why IW sucked, I haven't played it.i know why MD did. Mostly. I've never beaten it.

I love MD, played it several times and still find new things. Such a shame we won't be getting new dx in foreseeable future

Attached: 1558078398240.jpg (969x1078, 86K)

That doesn't mean they have anything like a completed game sitting on a shelf somewhere since we don't know the timing or how far along in development the "NG2" team got before being presumably axed.

Fuck Squeenix though, truly amazing how out of touch a fucking games publisher can be about videogames and mess with DX of all series. Now I almost regret buying it at all, will make sure not to pay Squeenix one single penny ever again unless maybe they replace their entire management and stop with this nonsense.

>MD sucked
>I've never beaten it
kek. MD is easily the 2nd best game in the series, and it's not even a contest.

>Redpill me on why IW sucked
dumbed down for consoles
loading screens everywhere
levels nowhere near as expansive
universal ammo
no skills

All of the Deus Ex games are enjoyable. It sucks that Invisible war was developed on unreal engine 2, such a garbage engine.

Correct.

>beats you over the fucking head with its hamfisted APARTHIED theme
That was the point. In one of the emails a Picus reporter is tired of always reporting on the same thing. Can you blame them? all the augs went berserk and killed indiscriminately.

You're the epitome of
>Old good, new Bad
IW was so fucking bad that it killed the franchise for years, it's fucking garbage

Shit waifu t b h

Attached: yet another smug.jpg (500x290, 32K)

There's a file that tracks all the choices you've made, if the second half ever happens then the Eliza quest might have a follow up

I liked invisible war and I played it through at least 3 times at release but it's still shit compared to the new ones. The only good thing about it was Helicopter Johnson who had a sexy voice you could whack off to

op is a plebeian

fuck off fatso

I've been almost tempted to reinstall that dumpster fire and record some choice moments it has to offer to show those revisionist retards what they are forgetting. But I still can't force myself to touch it again.

>not posting the updated image

Attached: 17327128128.jpg (2000x2000, 895K)

but muh piss muh voice acting

Attached: Deus+ex+target+audience_8f8a73_6038428.jpg (680x335, 91K)

>dumbed down for consoles
>levels nowhere near as expansive
>no skills
Sounds like HR, which people loved.

>What augs are you using to eat up so much energy?
not that guy but I had the same experience. I even went some ways into upgrading the energy path and I still found myself constantly out. maybe I was using my augs too much but with such a large selection, I feel like I should be able to.

I really liked HR
however, for some reason I found MD to be very meh and mediocre, I really struggled finishing it
something just wasn't right, I blame the story and boring bland characters

shit pacing, zero pressure. they start off with a terrorist bombing and you forget about it five minutes after even though you are supposed to go and investigate the site.

all I remember of mankind divided is that I don't remember it since it had denuvo which literally killed it.
somehow the crusty old dinosaurs that think "well it makes sense to protect my products right?" failed to recognize the kind of "underground" demographic deus ex targets and what the consequences are of adding DRM while targeting those people. shocking absolutely nobody. never mind the boycotting, the simple fact is that word-of-mouth didn't spread.
it's sad, HR was released to some pretty huge fanfare.

Attached: 1542339310616.jpg (619x449, 35K)

Game is fun, sry you hate the cyberpunk setting.

>HR was released to some pretty huge fanfare.
half of HR was leaked like 4 fucking months early

and it made no difference because it sold well and almost everyone loved it, including fans of the original

>they start off with a terrorist bombing and you forget about it five minutes
That's realistic, though. I bet that even if we suffered a full-scale alien invasion, in at most a week 99% of the media outlets would return to their scheduled programming.

I wasn't arguing with you, retard.

I really liked everything but the fact that the game doesn't have a crazy second half to the story. Once I played it I realized people really exaggerated the aug lives matter angle. I had a lot of fun and Prague was a really good hub. I wish we had gotten a second hub where the story goes absolute batshit in deus ex fashion. I got the game for 5 bucks and didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised.

>Also by far the best DX hub.
Absolutely not user.

The only other hub that comes close is Hong Kong.

That's the thing about MD, it's so fucking cheap that it's hard to feel short changed if you buy it today.

it's fine if the game world forgets because you want to portray the media a certain way. it's not fine when the player forgets even though it's supposed to drive the plot.

>Also by far the best DX hub.
I never understood this. It's a completely fine hub but it doesn't even hold a candle to Detroit, and especially Hengsha.

It was obviously intended to be the second part in a trilogy. A smaller scale and somewhat self-contained story that sets up the plot threads for a big final game. But now there will never be another one.

I wish Golem City was its own hub rather than just an area you pop up in for one mission and never return after.

The fuck are you talking about? MD has the objectively the best hub in the whole series on top of a very good story. Too bad SE decided to cut the game in a half, other than that though the game is fucking legit and a true Deus Ex successor.

Maybe the fact you're augmented and I don't know if you happened to notice but people aren't exactly taking too kindly to augmented people.

Why did you play it to the end if you disliked it that much? Are you some kind of retard?

What happened to the next game that was planned with this, did the company go bankrupt or something?
Sorry I live in a rock

MD underperformed.

I hear you. I dropped the game like 10 hours in or so. Everything was so boring and uninspiring, I felt zero investment in the story

Square Enix said it didn't sell enough copies for their liking, so they canned any potential sequel at the time.

SE is notorious for tanking Western game IPs. See Tomb Raider, Legacy of Kain, Just Cause and Sleeping Dogs/True Crime for more examples.

Nice meme opinion, faggot.

>t-the level design is so good!!!!
>GARM base is literally two warehouses and a connecting hallway
Played HR right after to see if I wasn't going crazy and that is a far and away better game in every category outside graphical

Doubling down on the badly implemented augs vs naturals thing, which still doesn't make a lick of sense in relation to the original, while keeping relevant progression regarding Pages rebellion etc as side flavor more or less is easily the worst aspect of Mankind Divided. The game plays just as great as it's predecessor though.

It's incredible that we're getting on this level of contrarianism. I certainly don't like all aspects of the direction taken with the new games but they have the advantage of not being a complete fucking mess, not being awful to play in practice.

Both of those rooms are pretty big, each containing several smaller rooms, many other interactables like the drill, and there are several different ways across the warehouses. And that's one of the worse levels in the game.

It wasn't great but it wasn't that bad either

MD is great. Stop being such a rampant storyfag, this is a videogame board.

HR's story was incoherent garbage any way. At least
>There's a terrorist
>Find the terrorist
>Stop the terrorist
With some bullshit dangling plot threads for a sequel makes sense.

The Problem is that Devs misunderstood Deus Ex. Augments were never a plot device. They existed to help the story out however the fact that only a select few people hand them added something to the story. How the fuck and would a Bartender in MD have a need for mechanical legs when he already have perfectly working legs?

It was better than HR in every way except story and atmosphere.

Attached: 1536048768962.gif (480x360, 151K)

I think I remember they were onto something with some small subplot in HR regarding workers in certain businesses essentially getting into indentured servitude by being forced to take loans for augs to keep their jobs, which would at least be a somewhat interesting take on the subject. Instead the major part of the conflict is some stupid purity shit, and at any rate there is absolutely no believable way to go from the society in HR/MD to the original where augs are obviously a only thing for elite military/militarized police and to a degree rich people. I like the games but I don't get why they didn't do the obvious thing and worked up some story primarily focusing on Pages relation to Illuminati at the time involving an early mech agent.

>Dude Deus Ex is really meant for the "underground" gamers, man. The game was made FOR US. How DARE they try to sell a product with those themes MADE FOR US
You sound like the biggest faggot on the fucking planet.
Please let this be a giant shitpost, because no one can be this cringey and fucking retarded at the same time.

Wait I got the ex military husband, how do I find out its the woman that did it

during night time prague you have to determine the evidence is inconclusive, then during curfew prague you get a message from your neighbour

>The HR and MD narrative is just making up a totally hypothetical social issue and 'debate' out of nowhere
No, even worse, straight-up transplanting one we already have. No extrapolation or anything like that. Just hamhandedly cramming racism in there because muh trayvon.