It's time to discuss the best RPG ever

It's time to discuss the best RPG ever

Attached: i8n689zza5o21.jpg (1264x710, 145K)

based

Attached: 1565101375343.png (844x923, 1.11M)

It's barely an RPG, and you've never played any others to make the comparison.

of course it's an rpg, you can be anyone you want, roleplaying is not only min/max numbers you idiot.

Skyrim is such a daddy simulator

Attached: 18C87D39-C28E-43D1-BCAD-21C0EFD7EE9D.jpg (630x487, 36K)

If you insist.

Attached: 220px-PC_Game_Fallout_2.jpg (220x220, 18K)

>le epic pop culture reference

shut up nma

there's nothing wrong with being a pickpocket
fuck the nobles

Attached: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2019.08.12 - 04.37.05.37.png (1920x1080, 1.5M)

RPGs aren't defined by having a character editor, when the gameplay is just bland action bullshit. It's as much of an RPG as fallout 4.

I used to think Skyrim was great and tons of fun, but then I took an arrow to the knee!

Yeah you can be Dragonborne, master of the Dark Brotherhood , Boss of the thieves Guild, Lord of the Companions and Grand Wizard of the mage guild and a Vampire or you can be Dragonborne Ruler of the Dark brotherhood, King of the Thieves guild, Champion of the companion , supreme sorcerer of the mage guild and a Vampire Hunter so much roleplaying

It's unfuckingplayable without mods.
That said, with mods it is quite good. Especially mods that rework the useless shitheap that is Conjuration. The mod that scales your summoned weapon damage off your Conjuration skill level and your Mana is prime.

thats not planescape

>think of reinstalling skyrim again because never played the dlcs
>install over 200 lore-friendly immersion\skills\quests\guilds\gear\graphic mods
>it's pretty fun
>drop it 3 days later
It's all good fun and "muh adventure" until you realize that the last 10 quests you've done were "go to the cave kill draugrs and\or bring back X". Optionally change cave to ruins, draugrs to bandits and X can be an NPC. All of the ruins\caves\dungeons have exactly the same layout of a straight corridor with branching dead ends and a shortcut to the entrance after the final encounter.
It's fucking embarrassing bros, why is this considered good?

Favorite city, Yea Forums?

Attached: Whiterun_Skyrim.png (1600x900, 2.45M)

Funny,that doesnt look like oblivion or that one neverwinter nights game i cant remember the full name of.

You should look into custom quest mods.
Project AHO and Vigilant are neat, even if the latter is a little too souls-like and actually kind of cheesey/sappy at the end, but both are definitely wild rides.

windhelm or riften

People mod Skyrim? I know the earlier games needed a fair amount of help from the modders to get up to par.
Pretty much the only thing I have seen from Skyrim is the waifu shit.

I've played one where you get sold as a slave to some telvanni motherfucker. It was pretty fun, I admit.

None from Skyrim

Play Enderal instead.

Skyrim has the most extensive modding community from any ES game. Requiem is a very good and popular mod that overhuals the experience to be more inline with that of an RPG.

Also, get mods for Lydia.

Attached: 17088359-1424209346.png (540x540, 398K)

How do you play a mage with them being tissue paper in the beginning? Do you just have to spam the flesh spells etc before every combat encounter? And don’t the destruction spells get weaker the more you level up?

I’ve always played rogues in ES games but want to go back to it as TES6 ain’t coming any time soon.

Yeah, that's project AHO.
If you ever do try Vigilant, you should probably temper expectations, since at some points it can get frustrating at few points.
Like in the 3rd act you're in some mansion and you're followed by some enemy at some point that straight insta-kills you when it touches you (even through god mode), to name one.

They’re all so boring and cramped but I’d say Winterhold

Windhelm, which I guess is ironic because I'm an Empirefag.

picked battles
killing critters while traveling between destinations
mods that balance magic

>Playing for the quests

How to spot a Witcher pleb

Cities? More like glorified settlements on a patch of dirt

its amazing in VR with shitload of mods

magic is balanced, you dont even need to spend a single level up into magicka, just get 100% mana cost for the school of magic you are going to use

>pic unrelated