Is this good pixel art?

Is this good pixel art?

Attached: river city girls.webm (1200x970, 2.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CKb5lFYo464
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>having to ask

>Dab attack
And just like that, my interest is lost

it's clearly not now piss off

Hasebe will kick your ass with some Bajiquan, or Hakkyokuken for you weebs.

Attached: 1540062349678.jpg (1716x968, 882K)

>being triggered this easily
loooool

no
youtube.com/watch?v=CKb5lFYo464

excellent advertising, OP. I'll be sure to buy this game now!

The clashing pixel-art and UI elements kinda kill it for me.

bye bye snowflake

Attached: pr86BPxLXAvTqy8pWWir_N49d3j_CkZAp8lW57bZZ_8.jpg (600x643, 57K)

I'm tired of seeing everyone dab, it was amusing at first but it's boring at this point. Would prefer to see some actual fighting moves. I'll probably play as other girl. Hope this game has panty shots.

Will Wayforward finally manage to make a good game?

Why do Fight'N Rage fags love advertising in River City Girls threads so much?

>kyoko
>misako
God, why do these shitty indie devs always choose unnatural names? It reminds me of those old Japanese NES games that would name characters shit like Galbert and Gaiwain because they didnt know what actual Americans used.

It is. But what I'm really interested in is knowing how much you get paid for the shilling.

You beat the shit out of Hasebe in this game.

Attached: secret boss.png (728x166, 26K)

looks great

yeah i mean it's not like those have been their names for 20 years or anything haha

No, it's low effort and soulless.

Attached: P_20171030_085305_vHDR_Auto.jpg (4656x2620, 3.12M)

I like dabbing because it is so triggering. Dabbing on niggas after I wipe a whole fire squad in destiny is the best thing ever.

it's ok. i'd say it's quality is less about the pixel art and more about the animation.

k wigger

i like it, but why did they go with hand drawn for the faces? that's infinitely easier to do than all these animations. not interested in this type of game at all though not in 2019

garbage for 20 years is still garbage.

>ask for qualitative assessment
>get mad at comparison
reminder that you can buy fight'n rage right now

>Gets triggered by some tiny dumb shit
>Defends point of not being a snowflake

Attached: pic245.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

>Japanese characters have Japanese names
Stay retarded.

snowflake is a hilarious word and i am TOTALLY stealing that :) hope you dont mind!

desu it's the original japanese character's names, so it's more on old Japanese NES games where they would name their characters shit like Kunio and Riki because the names aren't even unnatural wtf

art: 7/10
animation: 9/10

The characters just need a nice black outline.

no, I live in Japan and not a single person in any of my expansive friend group is named kunio or riki. again its like naming an American character "Constance". nobody does that. it is unnatural as fuck.

man you're really retarded, and dont @(You) me

he's obviously talking about kyoko and misako you retarded weeb

Pixelart without outlines is the best, could be perfection.
But I don't like this artstyle, it looks like webcoomic garbage.
And the game's agenda itself is girlpower bullshit for creepy incels

This looks fucking gay lol

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1080x1331, 97K)

plus the colors lack a bit contrast

no soul.

enjoy your fake anime game, western baby

The base forms and animation are good, but the lack of anti-aliasing really stands out.

I know two different women named Constance, my guy. It may be uncommon, but that doesn't make it "unnatural".

powerbombin niggas

Attached: team.webm (1000x724, 1015K)

well, in the devs defense it was a game made in the 80s so maybe these names just fell out of fashion

>anti-aliasing

This looks like "anime made by a westerner" shit you see on tumblr. Is this legitimately a japanese team?

Probably not

Yes. Do you know anything about how sprites were drawn back in the old days? they would manually anti-alias edges by using varying shades per pixel. Something which these sprites neglect to do.

Attached: f05df3de0d7d8920685c9ba7638ca67b[1].png (481x418, 7K)

this is what i call "retrotrash" where people artificially constrain their art style in an attempt to emulate old constraints. an important criteria to being retrotrash is that in a given shot within the game, the graphics BREAK their own constraints, creating a mish-mash of art styles in one piece, making it look like low production value garbage. For example, in OP's .webm, the "padlock" timer (and most ui elements), as well as the fish in the aquarium scene are drawn with pixel graphics, but the pixels do not conform to a grid, as would the pixels of the era this art style attempts to emulate. as such, this is retrotrash. it's not unsalvagable and it has a unique appeal, but its a disservice to old games which looked great despite the constraints of the time

of course not. for starters, if it were made by japs it would be a 2.5d unreal game that looked like gumbi covered in grease

i would tweak the pallete and add subtle scanlines

Tumblr is still a buzzword among retards who don't know what they're talking about, I see.

Still a dumb fat fujoshit, I see.

>No rape scene when you die
Trash

scanlines belong in the trash

>add subtle scanlines
kys

go to any writing forum and post your story involving a character named constance and people will dump on you for using a super original unique OC name. again its like naming a character zelda or esmeralda.

No. was though.

i would for sure go to a forum of nodevs to ask them about my writing

That's true, all respected authors follow the burp rule. If you can't say a character's full name in one burp, it's a shit character.

Wouldn't a fujoshi know more about their own heritage than a baka gaijin like yourself, user-kun?

>fujoshit
user, the boys in this game have girlfriends. Please stop throwing out buzzwords you have no understanding of.

>newfag reporting for duty
>I'm ready to have my opinion issued to me sir!

videogame is cute and, indeed, funny

What website you think she's on?

Attached: hmph.webm (900x530, 2.46M)

existenz

Looks like trash ruined the designs of riki and kunio

Attached: 1529001835457.png (600x628, 556K)

Is it just me or do the beat em up genre is comming back?
First the friends of ringo ishikawa then this

Couponbug

It's Way Forward who is about as mediocre and western as it gets. Some of their games include a silent hill cash-in on the vita called silent hill book of memories. The director is a massive pussy and it's pathetic to see him publicly grovel at any female who gives him attention.

happybear

yeah the beat em up genre do the is mup zappa da beep boop bix nood mofugga

it's only coming back if people buy this stuff
certainly people are trying to get people buy this stuff. we'll see if any of it pans out.
i like beat'em ups so it won't hurt my feelings if it does

efukt

Can we stop acting like dab matters? At all? People like you draw this thing out.

>was recently thinking about how much I miss the Scott Pilgrim game
>hear about this
>even more cute girls
Thank you god

Attached: 1564438605379.png (979x1080, 1.49M)