Which is worst?

Which is worst?

Attached: 1532322802389.jpg (264x359, 48K)

>the giants of japan
>nintendo's not there
3.7/10 you got my reply

>no nintendo
>no sony

Attached: 1554464897011.gif (500x321, 472K)

FUCK Capcom

Konami doesn't even release much games anymore, so not counting them, it's Square Enix.

Sega by far just because Nu-Atlus is a part of them and the fact they haven't made a good game in 8 years

Square Enix or Konami

Toss up between Sega and Konami, but I personally hate Bamco

Bandai tries, they're just not smart is all. it's like your great grampa trying to be creative and hip.

They're all bad, tbqh. That being said:
Konami < Square Enix < Bandai Namco < Capcom < Sega

All time? Square
Currently? Konami

Capcom > Namco > Sega > Square Enix > Konami

It sucks. Square used to be my favorite game dev.

where the FUCK is SCAMCO you shill?

Probably Square Enix. Can't think of a great game recently published by them.

Bamco > Capcom > Square Enix >>> Sega >>>>>>> Konami

Sega (Atlus) > Capcom > SE > Bamco > current day Konami (old Konami would rank much higher)

Best to worst:

CAPCOM > SEGA > Square Enix > Konami > Namco

Nintendo has done the most damage to the gaming community with their war on roms and fan games. Bamco is probably the most incompetent.

Fuck Bandai. Ruined a great company.

>Capcom
Made on-disc DLC popular.
>Konami
Made a high-quality recreation of MGS3 for a fucking pachinko machine.
>Sega
Doesn't understand what "fan feedback" is and can't figure out why their IPs sell.
>Square
Shitty mobile ports ahoy, refuse to localise DQ and makes Nintendo do it.
>Bamco
Not up to date with their bullshit, but fuck 'em anyway.
They're all shit.

What games does Namco even make apart from Tekken and Soul Calibur?

news flash im blind and possibly retarded nvm op

SEGA = Square Enix = Namco Bandai > Capcom = Konami

Bruh Nintendo saved the industry in the first place.

Anyone saying anything other than Bandai Namco either lives in Japan or doesn't know shit. All of the others are guilty of some stupid shit but Bandai Namco is the worst especially when dealing with putting their titles out in the west.

Nintendo earned that reputation by chance. If not them, someone else would have stepped up. They've thrown that legacy in the trash as well, as they actively try to keep people from playing their old games by not keeping them available legally or illegally.

licensed anime arena brawler asset flips

>No Nintendo
Whatever

Capcom > Bamco > Sega > Square Enix > Konami

But none of them is an actually 100% good guy, all of them have done shit in the past

I'd about agree. Maybe switch Namco and Sega.

Konami easily. Fucked over Metal Gear,Suikoden,Silent Hill and Castlevania.

What did Bamco do to make everyone hate them?

Nintendo as a developer is one of the best studios to have ever made games and deserves all the praise they receive.
Nintendo as a publisher, however, is awful, and continues, to this day, to do things that put them in league with the worst of EA and Activision/Blizzard. Their family-friendly public image and the strength of their dev side allows them to get away with so much without most people paying any attention.

SE is pretty terrible, even if I keep buying their games. they squandered a really good reputation from the 90s.

Smash actually

These days:
Sega > Capcom > SE >>>>>>> Bamco >>>>>>>>>>> Hell >>>>>>> Konami

>Nintendo as a publisher, however, is awful, and continues, to this day, to do things that put them in league with the worst of EA and Activision/Blizzard. Their family-friendly public image and the strength of their dev side allows them to get away with so much without most people paying any attention.

The new change in leadership appears to be addressing that though.

konami isn't a videogame maker anymore and thus doesn't deserve to be on that list.
Square is attempting to become the japanese EA and it isn't exactly going smoothly, but literally too big to die
bandai is the weakest presence on the list, but there is something special about lacking anything of note and still be bottom barrel.
sega doesn't understand anything about videogames anymore, and instead they just copy other videogame makers or fund actual creativity
finally capcom refuses to change anything about their long lived franchises, but also sends newer games to die in hopes it makes their franchises look better than they are.

so to rank, konami, square, bandai, sega. capcom

Square. Remember, they own Taito for a hot second.

They wanted to charge $200 for the complete version of the Darius collection on Switch. And then made some games for the Space Invaders collection PRIME DAY EXCLUSIVE.

Capcom made on disc DLC popular and still to this day has some of the shittiest microtransactions.

Namco is good...in Japan. Namco's American branch is fucking garbage.

Sega is Sega. I wish they'd do more than Yakuza and Sonic.

Konami honestly isn't that anti-consumer. The big issue is that they don't really do anything. I am beyond glad that they made their ACs though and then listened to complaints. What Konami does is honestly no different than what other companies in Japan too, the issue is that Konami doesn't give a fat shit what people think.

If Mikami's falling out with Capcom happened today, it'd be giant news. If Yu Suzuki's falling out with Sega was today, it'd be big news. If Sakaguchi's falling out with Square happened today, it'd be big news. Kojima had the luck of leaving during a social media age and Geoff Keighley being his felch catcher.

Konami

*tap* tap* *tap
The NES and SNES Classic would like to have a word with you.

Nintendo>Bandai Namco>Capcom>Sega
Konami makes less games than Level-5 or Arc System Works these days
Sony and Square Enix mostly make movie games these days

Pachinko

Mobile shit

Tales games?

The most recent Onimusha game that isn't a port was a pachinko game.

Oh boy, limited time mini-consoles for scalpers. This is totally a legitimate way to allow people access to the back catalog of our company.

At the bottom, assuming you mean bamco/namco.
Get your eyes checked.

The mobile port of Tales of Phantasia was unironically one of the scummiest things in gaming history.

Konami

>Nintendo as a developer is one of the best studios to have ever made games and deserves all the praise they receive.
I'm kinda on a fence with this one.
I'm not a fan of Zelda or Mario myself but I can easily agree these games were very important for the whole industry during their time. That being said, I don't really see it being really applicable to the modern iterations like BotW, Odyssey, or MM - all the "new" things those games brought were long-present in the industry itself.
I would say Splatoon and Arms do kinda fall in the "new" category, but then again, they aren't anywhere as influential - just gimmicky.
It's hard for me not to see Nintendo relying way too much on their position to make the games fly.

>Sega and Konami are allowing open preorders for their Mini consoles
>both are by M2
>Nintendo had limited runs
>both by NERD

Konami and Sega does what Nintendon't.

Konami's only real anti-consumer action has been removing PT from PSN. It was a grave crime, but compared to Nintendo's daily raping of the community, it's peanuts.

>on-disk DLC retards who have no idea what they are talking about
Go to /g/ if you want to be retarded. The DLC practice itself is questionable but there's literally nothing wrong with on-disk DLC specifically.

Bamco, they haven't made a decent Gundam game in a decade

Their mobile games aren't even that scummy.

For their Picross game on phones, the only ads are for THEIR OWN FUCKING GAMES. And it has absolutely zero MTX. Someone will bring up Survive's MTX, but it also wasn't a full price game.

koei tecmo is the worst jap company. Out of those though, probably konami, they only put out PES nowadays really on the vidya front, and PES is only marginally better than FIFA nowadays.

MGSV also had microtransactions.

Do they still make them? I havent played one since Vesperia on the xbox 360

As did MGS4. But people didn't make near as big as a stink.

They were completely ignoreable desu

They are the main reason why good anime licensed games are so rare these days
They fucked up Xenosaga and refuse to do anything with the IP besides the Kos-Mos and T-elos cameos. Is a miracle that other Xenosaga characters appear on Project X Zone
They have done a lot of shit things with Tales of, starting with Baba
Sometimes, they actually pull awful shit with DLC

Namco was one of the first to pull the MTX for experience shit.

They killed Emuparadise under this new leadership.

Breath of the Wild is easily the next best, non-indie, game this decade after Dark Souls.
Unless you stoop to suggesting your favourite tiny indie dev (ie Illwainter or Hoopoo) who the fuck is as good as Nintendo? 90% of studios have gone to shit a decade ago like Blizzard or have been closed for a decade like Looking Glass.
>Nintendo EPD
>Retro
>Taleworlds
>Fromsoftware
Aside from Arkane, CDPR, iD, and Creative Assemble being borderline, what other great devs are left?

Probably because it was 2008. The ball hadn't really started rolling on the hate. There were probably several games last gen that got away with it because they got in before the hate started.
Also released Ground Zeros as a full priced game.

It was $30.

Is this a trick question? Konami with zero debate

anyone that attempts to argue is braindead as hell

>but Scamco

yeah, at least namco makes games and treats their devs marginally decent

Capcom.

I'm split between Bamco and Sega over denuvo related issues.
But I think Sega might be up higher than namco on the shitlist just because (Rumor is) Space Channel 5 and Samba De Amigo VR are gonna be playstation exclusive.

It was? Memory must be faulty. Remember it getting a lot of backlash for the price and basically demo nature of it.

$30 is still insane for how little content GZ has.

$30 was still a bit steep for what you got, but it wasn't full price.

It was $40.

Konami is probably the worst but Bamco is a close second for me personally for pumping out such fucking terrible One Piece games over the last few years. If Pirate Warriors 4 doesn’t blow PW3 out of the water they’re dead to me.

They basically run on the premise of “they’ll buy it anyway, so why make it good?”

>Capcom
Make good games but fighting games are still shit
>Konami
Don't make games
>SEGA
Makes Sonic garbage and let's the studios they own like Fatlus carry the weight
>Square Enix
Takes a eternity to release half of a game and dumps too much money into marketing
>Bandai Namco
Only makes shitty licensed anime trash and Tekken plus Tales of, the most unnoteworthy JRPG out there

Easy answer is Konami

Attached: 1560137544621.jpg (793x595, 159K)

$20 digital $30 physical on PS3
$30 digitial $40 physical on PS4

It's overpriced don't get me wrong, but the few missions GZ gave us are arguably better designed than the majority of TPP.

I will not argue with that.

>no sony
sony its burger now

Old arcade games mostly. It's weird to me how they're big enough to publish Witcher 3 but they have zero memorable games past the PS2 era.

Konami is the worst. Fuck Konami, they turned their backs on gaming and gave all their old fans the finger so they could exclusively make shitty pachinko gambling machines and gacha games. I hope their offices get burnt down with all their execs still stuck roasting inside

Capcom > Sega > Bamco > Squeenix >>>>> Konami

The irony of putting Sega and Capcom so high up on this.

>Konami
>Videogames

???
at least they make games

Are you implying that Sega doesn't give it's old fans the MASSIVE finger

Sega keep their old games ported (minus Sonic 3 and a few others), even to PC. You don't know what a massive middle finger is to old fans, like the ones Bamco and Atlus give.

Hard to say.

Probably Konami or Square Enix with how they have poorly treated some of their big name games MGS5, KH3, and FFXV)

Not intentionally, like Konami did

Get back to me when Outrunners, Planet Harriers, HELL MAJORITY OF THEIR ARCADE GAMES get ports.

Why do you people hate Capcom? They've been doing very well lately, releasing big, well-received games that the fans asked for

If you're in the west they shit out awful Shonen Jump arena fighters non-stop
If you're in the east they do a bunch of idol shit (Idolmaster and there's like two more I can never remember)

Toss up between Square and SEGA. Both have utterly mismanaged and ruined great franchises. I’m inching towards Sega because Atlus is too dumb to release their games on all platforms.

Sega just sucks and square is just greedy
dont know what bandai did
capcom and konami on the other hand are just evil

Capcom finally recovered from the bullshit of the Inafune made to the company
Konami is straight up not even a vidya company anymore
SEGA has a shit inhouse team but a decent publisher
Squeenix is the inverse of SEGA
Bamco are all over the place

Konami by fucking far

They're still a shitty company and their fighting game division is proof.

Damn bro what's it like still living in 2013?

Sega > Bandai Namco > Capcom > Square Enix > Konami. Sega easily has the best franchises. Wish it just ported rest of yakuza games and persona games to pc.

>Breath of the Wild is easily the next best, non-indie, game this decade
What exactly does BotW do that wasn't done before? I fail to see anything special about it, to be honest.
Dark Souls might not be the best game out there in my book but I cannot deny it's the most impactful game of the last decade - I cannot say the same about BotW.

>he cares about fighting games
lmao fag

Their new games are subpar products compared to their usual output from the late 1990s to early 2000s.

>muh 90s
Heads up, boomer- the 90s and their cultural output are NEVER coming back. 9/11 and the resulting events and shifts in creativity, as well as the 2008 financial crash, can not be undone. We will never see a golden age like the 70s-90s again, and you just have to accept that.

Bamco always sell over price anime games dlcs, fuck them

Konami

They've gotten to the point where there are only two possible types of fighting games they can make, anyway: More Street Fighter and more Marvel.

They literally could have just remade RE2 like REmake and people would've ate that shit. Instead they chose generic OTS shooter #1827. When was the last time we got a new good FCA game?

>Konami
They don't even make games anymore.

Please kill yourself, boomer. We have SIX+ fixed camera angle RE games, but the notion of one more OTS sends you into a diabetic coma? Maybe you should've died in Iraq in 2005.

You forgot Ubisoft.

They've proven they can't do either well.

Sony

Sega and SE are about equal in how shit they are.

no they didn't. they saved console gaming in north america, that is all.

They also cuck out on their games as well recently. They censored Tales of Berseria in the west and won't release the hot springs DLC in World Seeker in the US. They better stop cucking out or I won't be buying shit from them in the future.

Yeah I'd say the same. Capcom got back into their game this gen. If this was a few years back then I'd probably put Capcom with Square

>Konami on that list
>Not Nintendo
Also I will argue Sony but now their most prominent studios are western ones

>They literally could have just remade RE2 like REmake and people would've ate that shit

You are delusional.
Maybe if they'd designed it from the ground up as an indie-tier Switch exclusive made appeal to nostalgic soiboys instead of as an actual 2019 AAA game...

Only good there is Capcom

I don't get the flak with Sega. They have been releasing games to the west at a fast pace which is great(releases games in west 5-7 months later after original JP release). That alone is pretty based of them.

>Breath of the Wild is easily the next best, non-indie, game this decade after Dark Souls.
botw is an astoundingly generic ubishit formula game. it's nintendo's bioshock infinite, except unlike that game, the fanboys will never admit how overrated it is because it has nintendo's logo on the box.
>Unless you stoop to suggesting your favourite tiny indie dev (ie Illwainter or Hoopoo) who the fuck is as good as Nintendo?
seeing as how nintendo only makes ports, rehashes, cardboard and smartphone "games" anymore, plenty of devs are better than them.

i love how nearly all criticism of atlus boils down to port-beggars seething at them for not getting their way.
if you actually cared about atlus' games, not about getting "bragging rights" in console-war shitposting arguments, you'd be an idort.

they still haven't apologized to their fans and released mega man legends 3.

>Which is worst?
They all suck, Konami is the worst.

Konami > SEGA > Bandai Namco > Square Enix > Capcom

Despite Capcom being fucking terrible they're ironically doing much better than the rest of those companies at the current moment. That being said they're all pretty trash.
Konami is literally a dead company at this point, SEGA is the same but at least they have stuff like Sonic Mania coming out every so often, Bandai Namco actually releases games but the quality and inconstancy of ports is terrible, Square Enix can't get out of the hard rut they're in, Capcom is actually making some home-runs so I can't fault them too much.

Attached: 1548262932439.png (231x260, 132K)

Not really but they're not the best either. They murdered Gust and the Atelier series but Nioh and Toukiden are good. Even if you didn't like Nioh, it didn't have any cancerous DLC practices. It had 3 decent sized expansions and that was it.

>port beggars
Those people actually want stuff like SMT 1-4 and Persona 1-4 on modern console and PC platforms. It's not just about the most recent crap.

New Giant is Cygames

please. 99.9% of the time, it's "P5 SWITCH PORT WHEN???"

>BANDAI
keeps namco on their leash and keep pushing shitty franchises and stupid licensed games
also keeps Dimps hired. for fucks sake how they don't go bankrupt?

>Capcom the worst
>Capcom is actually making some home-runs so I can't fault them too much.
Nigger explain yourself

>They fucked up
you know it's all BANDAI fucking fault
>pay to change "Namco Banda"i to "Bandai Namco"

I think his arrows are pointing the wrong way

who the fuck is Dimps?

Bamco>Sega>Square>Crapcom>>>>>shit>Konami.

I don’t get it, they are like on a hero redemption arc at the moment.

I wish bamco stopped making kusoge for animefags and instead remaster the first 2 pacman world games and other games like klonoa or mspacman maze madness, specially since crash and spyro both got remasters.

It's from Worst to Best.

Attached: 1530754051225.png (912x720, 258K)

>konami
>giant of japan

HAHAHAHA

They were until the cancellation of further DMCV content, and the current radio silence. Hopefully their redemption arc continues at Gamescom, but it might not.

DLC itself is shit and should never be encouraged, the only thing you should be allowed to sell are proper expansions to games

PACHINKO BABY!

Attached: 1550723139708.jpg (1331x998, 321K)

>cancellation of further DMCV content
What cancellation? No new DMC5 content was ever announced

Cucknami by a mile.

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

Attached: 1551322679321.jpg (640x633, 87K)

>V
Ain'tcha retarded

Capcom > Bamco > Sega > Squenix > Konami

all off them suck

>BOY, HE LOOK LIKE A SACK OF BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES

>no they didn't. they saved console gaming in north america
Yeah. They saved the only industry that matters.

Epic centrist

japan's industry didn't need saving.

^;)

Fuck sega because they left sticks the badger, cream the rabbit, chaos zero the water guy from sonic adventure, jet the hawk, storm the albatross, wave the swallow, NiGHTS, reala, ulala, amigo from samba de amigo, aiai from super monkey ball, and billy hatcher out of team sonic racing. I'm also mad at them because I can't play sonic adventure, sonic adventure 2, sonic heroes, or sonic advance on nintendo switch.

>DLC itself is shit and should never be encouraged
That's exactly what I said
>the only thing you should be allowed to sell are proper expansions to games
Define "proper expansion". The only reason Tribunal wasn't DLC is because DLC wasn't a thing back then.

Not DLCs nor "expansions" should be "encouraged". Full games should be shipped instead. Expanding upon existing game should be "a practice" not "a norm" - no matter what shape it takes.

Konami is worst. I like splinter cell better than metal gear and konami does not have the rights to sonic, street fighter, tekken, or kingdom hearts.

Capcom and Square are equally bad because I can't play super street fighter 4 and kingdom hearts re coded or dream drop distance on nintendo switch.

Oh no, not Billy Hatcher! My onions omelets are forever cursed by his exclusion. I could never experience the flesh of another organism without Billy's blessing!

I think bandai namco is the worst. I still don't have a lucky Chloe costume for xenoverse 2. I really want one.

Obviously Konami.

Much moreso because they have the history of being the very best. Fuck their idiotic suits. They are truly antagonistic towards game development.

FUCK konami they ruined and abandoned so many good IPs

Decades ago, what have they done recently?

Could Konami ever make a comeback to AAA videogames? What would it take to get them to go back to making games so they are more like Capcom again

by making mgsv fuck snoys and fuck kojima edition

GIve us MGS4 on something that isn't the stupid PS3

Sega neglects their best IP more than any other company known to man and fucked themselves over at every turn. Sega for sure.

Konami doesnt exist anymore so SEGA, only good thing they do nowadays is Yakuza

The higher-ups seem to be the problem. They need to be replaced entirely before return to form can occur. Although Konami seems to always had that problem, but in those times it worked in the projects' favor, e.g. passionate teams working with and around the restrictions they were given. If I had to guess, I think Kojimer had upset the balance and they just canned most game development all the way.

>What would it take to get them to go back to making games
The entire Kōzuki family and all their cronies dying in a horrific plane crash. Especially that faggot Takuya

And what would that best IP be?

Capcom's in a redemption arc but they're not fully there and still make dumb moves. Konami is just re-releasing old games for profit from fans while pretending they're listening, they burned too many bridges to get back in people's good graces easily. SEGA basically have Sonic Mania, Yakuza's surge into the semi-mainstream and Valkyria Chronicles 4 on their belt right now and that's it as they horribly mismanage every single other thing. Square-Enix are just sort of being scummy on the side and releasing okay products with a lot of lack of direction while occasionally dicking over customers, but the only genuinely terrible shit they release are mobile ports.

Bandai Namco is my personal evil. For what good IPs and devs they have under their belt, they shell out another dozen licensed and half-assed anime games per year that do nothing but rot the industry while screwing over their devs at the same time. Everything Bandai Namco touches withers and dies.

Konami for basically giving up on vidya for mobileshit/pachinkos almost entirely. Threatening Kojima over getting a fucking award was the big shit-stained ribbon on top.

After them is Squeenix for being the greedy fucks they are and wasting a decade on that abysmal FFXV heap, followed by SEGA for being plain unsure what to do with anything they own (most notably Sanic). Bamco's mostly just weebshit outside of Tekken/SC now, and Capcom despite their DLC practices have been making the biggest comeback as of late. Nintendo is also extremely hit-or-miss depending on what side you view them from.

>#fuckonami
jesus, so much hate for a company who fired one man

in 2015

>Which is worst?

Your grammar! It's WORSE!

>all this Scamco hatred
Warms my heart. We will get the last laugh bros.

>one man
I will still never forgive them for disbanding Team Silent. Instead of trying to improve things, they just sever them off and/or give up. I didn't care that much about MGS but now Castlevania is basically dead too, and Konami says "Fuck those games anyway, mobile and gambling is where the money is!"

there bomberman and contra user

All of them.

if they're not AAA then I don't care

>if they're not AAA then I don't care
a game's a game user, one of those popular games with lots of bugs and glitches, not to mention overhype shit isn't a game it's just there to get your attention, normalfag

Attached: 1562169742227.gif (275x400, 34K)

Capcom > Sega > Bandai Namco > Square Enix > Konami

>Capcom
Capcom goes in first simply because they're on a redemption arc right now. I loved DMCV, I loved RE2make, I liked Mega Man 11 a lot, and I've been liking MonHun World a lot. If we were taking a look at each company with their pasts as well, I'm absolutely certain they'd rank lower, but they're the only company I look at with any truly positive light right now. Unless you're a Switch-exclusive gamer or just really love Street Fighter, I can't see any reason why you would hate them right now.
>Sega
Sega goes here because they make Yakuza and the occasional good Sonic game. That's it really. I wish they'd rerelease JSR.
>Bandai Namco
I don't really know what fucking Namco does anymore outside of Shonen Jump shit. I'd love so many fucking thing from them like a Pac-Man World trilogy remake or localizing IPs that have been Japan-exclusive for fucking eons (cough cough SRW cough cough iM@S) but I have absolutely zero faith in any of those things happening. The only games within the past couple of years that they've made that have stood out in my mind in literally anyway have been Tekken 7 and Pac-Man Championship Edition. They're just straight up inoffensive in my mind.
>Square Enix
Square Enix falls in a similar spot, I have no goddamn clue what they do these days outside of their big IPs. FFXIV doesn't appeal to me and I didn't think either FFXV or KH3 were good. I genuinely can't recall the last SE game I played that really swept me off my feet.
>Konami
They don't make games anymore, easily making them the worst. Bomberman R with DLC is ok and I'm glad they put Simon in Smash Bros. That's about all the positive things I have to say about them in their current state.

Writing all this out has made me realize that I fucking hate video games

Attached: 1546890734970.jpg (386x379, 31K)

>nintendo nowhere to be seen
I hope this is an ironic post.

I can't wait until the demon edition rumor comes true

Attached: DMCV Leak.png (1442x547, 96K)

>(Rumor is) Space Channel 5 and Samba De Amigo VR are gonna be playstation exclusive.
Is SEGA actually making it or are they just letting others use their IPs they have no interest in like Shenmue 3 and the new Panzer Dragoon?

Yakuza sucks and it's all Sega's really got. Sega is shit

>bullshit of the Inafune made to the company
Fuck him for killing Dragons Dogma and Lost Planet.

Worst to least bad:

Square > Konami > namco > Sega > Capcom

MOMMY MOMMY WE CAN'T HAVE A THREA DWITHOUT TALKING ABOUT MY NINTENDYYYY

Square Enix is the worst and it's not even close

Konami, easily

Bamco > Capcom > Square > Sega > Konami
Capcom are a bizarre case. They're doing great shit like DMC 5, and putting RE back on track, but then they're doing scummy shit like the overpriced Switch ports for no reason. I'd also put Square higher, but their western branches are shit, and they've fucked FF to death.

Konami, it's not even close. the rest of them are among the best in the world.

jewtendo

konami has done nothing this year
but capcom depsite releasing both DMCV and REmake 2
>Is making a classic console with the least desirable assortment of games while also being too expensive
>Used FBA without proper licensing resulting in the death of FBA because contributers removed their code
>Brought back Megaman X... as a mobile game
>Is bringing back megaman battle network, a series that had a clear ending... as a mobile game
>removed Ducktales remastered from digital stores
>were completely absent from E3
Don't get me started on their switch issues
>Releasing old RE games as seperate titles rather than the collection format on PS4/Xbone
>More expensive than on Xbone and PS4
>Run like shit (6th generation console games)
>Physical collections are incomplete
Dare I say, Crapcom is back?

>removed Ducktales remastered from digital
To be fair to Capcom, that's clearly a case of the license running out, and with the game no doubt no longer selling, paying to keep the license would be just throwing money down the drain. The rest of your post is correct though.

Sega.
The sheer incompetence is astounding to me.

Attached: Screenshot_20190501-235958_Chrome.jpg (809x1612, 700K)

Konami used to make the best games...

Jesus Christ stop the cock sucking, it's embarrassing.

>well-received games that the fans asked for
We didn't ask for a beloved classic turned into a casualized ots action shooter

>all games should look and play the same
Crucify yourself zoomer quadroon

>"""we"""
kill yourself

>casualized ots action shooter
just because it's OTS doesn't mean it's action,
nor does it mean it's casualized,
nor does it make it a "shooter".
retard.

you first samefag

Hard to say. I'd definitely prefer Capcom to be less retarded but their best non-fightan franchises have done well.

>just because it's OTS doesn't mean it's action
Never claimed it did lil quadzoom. It is however casualized action trash masquerading as survival horror.

What action? You cannot melee. You can't even curb stomp zombies. Most of the game is running / sneaking around or away from enemies. The most action you will see is just throwing a grenade as you're being swamped by zombies

Sonic 1 & 2 remasters will never be ported to consoles/PC because it ruins incentive for whenever SEGA puts out a new Genesis games compilation for which the Classic Sonic games are a major draw.

Currently Konami, but they could do a return like Capcom did.
so Square.

>capcom
absolutely redeemed after based re2 and dmc5 releases
>konami
there's still a change they're good guys if that fukushima rumor about mgs5 is true
>sega
they need to bring more shit to PC, megami tensei when?
>square enix
getting better lately, they fixed ff14 which was a clusterfuck and ff7re is looking promising
>bandai namco
they're ok. will they publish new souls game with grr martin?

Konami, but SE have done plenty of awful shit lately too.

this

Konami is disqualified because they don't make anything

Sega sometimes publish good games but rape Sonic

Bandai Namco produce some pure fuckery and the only games to look forward to from them are the ones developed by From Software, a company that can and will hop between publishers

SE frequently fuck their prestige IP's, the best games they put out this gen are NieR and Life is Strange and Deus Ex. Two of those weren't even devloped in house

Capcom are god tier

How is this even a question?

Attached: IMG_7779.jpg (480x639, 40K)

>Currently Konami, but they could do a return like Capcom did.
No they couldn't. Konami has always been led by a stubborn jap business family who have always been stupid shitheads that fire their developers after the slightest bit of underperforming. They have no capacity to truly understand or recognize the value of the IPs that these studios created for them, which is why they think it's no big deal to abandon it all for some quick gains in mobile / pachinko shit

>What exactly does BotW do that wasn't done before?

At the risk of starting yet another BotW shitshow argument, i'll bite because i think the answer isn't really as convoluted as some people make it to be.

What makes a Zelda game be a Zelda game is kind of difficult to single out for many reasons, but the main thing about them and how immersive they are is that the interactivity between the player and the game's world, enemies and assets in general is as realistic, as deep as it needs to be, and then sometimes a bit more.
In other adventure games and genres like say FF, you have a plethora of items and tools in your inventary, but they're just words in a menu with a very specific, "gamey" use. In zelda games when you find a new tool, it feels like a tool instead of a weapon because it's just another toy the game gives you to try on everything you find, be it an enemy or your environment, and it usually works in a way that feels believable and fair within the game's rules. Hookshot is a great example of this. Finding out it works on (almost) every wooden object in the game feels absolutely natural and finding out about it by yourself is very satisfactory. These games are designed with this phylosophy.

Now, what's so good about BotW?It brings Zelda-tier level of quality in interactions to the scale of a modern, huge 3D open world game. This is a very difficult task to achieve that requires insane planning, time and polishing. And the industry didn't realise how necessary it was until BotW released. That's why it resonated so much with so many people despite missing some of the classic content we're used to in the series.

Attached: welp.jpg (500x407, 35K)

Gundam games

are you dumb?
pachinko are not made by the vidya guy.
remember the 3 DMC pachinko? no you don't, because people ignore Capcom and Bandai were also all into pachinko.
pachinko is now almost no existent anyway.

Well, it's known Konami knows how MG is important for them.
It's not like SH who always did very bad sales, and CV, while not having a game at the moment, got 2 collections (with maybe another one later this year) and 3 season for the Netflix serie.

ff xv is shit and huge disappointment, I get it if you're mad because of it but lately they're not doing so bad. ff xiv shadowbringers is among best games released this year, kh3 was decent and it might even be great after they release fixed version with better combat, dragon quest xi was definitely worth playing for the fans of the series. they're also behind one of the best action rpg of this generation.

Attached: 1562060214020.jpg (1332x850, 148K)

They made one of the best games of 2019

Attached: IMG_20190221_060743.jpg (1024x512, 131K)

Persona games being ported is completely up to Atlus

Don't forget they bought Atlus and made them the Persona Company, basically killing their mindset about making games for a niche but faithful audience in favor of seeking the biggest profit with their, relatively, biggest franchise

Not denying they still put out some good games, I love DQXI and FFXIV. But I'm talking about shit like cutting Deus Ex MD in half then killing the series to make room for Avengers, fucking over Hitman, Left Alive, The Quiet Man, Automata's PC port etc. Don't even care about FFXV or KH3.

What you're talking about is what makes BotW a special Zelda game - and I never said it wasn't.
The issue here is that BotW is not a special game by itself. You are talking about "tools being tools and not just words/items" - but it was like this since forever in many western games. Take Arx Fatalis and you get a similar degree of item interaction from a game that was released in 2002. TES series or Gothic games always had "tools that are tools".
You talk about the Hookshot, but the mechanics for it was present in many games ranging from Worms to Spider-man or Just Cause. Even Dark Messiah had something similar with its rope bow "being usable on any wooden surface".
There are physics interactions but those were present in, say, GTA games since GTA3 and were always a big part of the game.

There is a huge amount of "nothing" BotW brings on its own. It's a unique Zelda experience but it's not a unique experience unlike many of previous Zelda games were.
Now "bringing it all together" would be a valid argument were BotW create actually truly unique combinations - and it does not. Sure, there might not be a game that's "exactly" like BotW but there are plenty of games that cover the essential parts of BotW's gameplay loop with minor exceptions. And the reason minor exceptions are "minor" is because they matter very little in the grand scheme of things.
An example of a game that "brings nothing new but is unique through its realization of previously present mechanics" would be Warframe - plenty of games do gunplay, melee, "abilities", stealth, parkour or even grinding better than it does, but the closest games to it would be Borderlands, Destiny, or by extension Diablo and all of those incidentally end up being completely different games. Warframe manages to be unique because there's no game that took 2/3 of its core mechanics and managed to be successful. That's not the case for BotW.

To the people in this thread whining about Square Enix. If SE is sooo bad how come their games still sell well? You'd think that the number of shit eating fanboys would go down, but have you seen the sales of FF15 and Kingdom Hearts 3? SE is sleeping on billions of overall profit. And FF7 Remake? That thing is going to sell like 30 million units per individual episode given how many sheep fanboys SE has.

EA games sell much better than SE games.

And you'd think that people would learn to hate EA, but ehh if I've learned something is gamers are retarded losers who love being ripped off. You really can't blame these corporations for taking advantage, humans deserve their monetary oppression and deserve to get nickel and dimed.

Sorry user, but it's better to live a dog than to die a lion. If Atlus died there'd straight up be no hope, atleast this way Personas success can fuel other projects. Besides considering Apocalypse, it's probably for the best they take that long break.

third party western games are generally shit this gen. wouldn't blame solely square for it. and even when western devs make a really good one people don't but it enough for some reason, so studios need to implement gacha mechanics and other cancerous shit. for example hitman 2 is really great stealth game, can you tell me why wasn't it more popular?

SEGA = BANDAI > CAPCOM > SE > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KONAMI

>milk dumb otakus and weebs through cheaply made arena shit outsourced to bottom-of-the-barrel devs because they know dumb otaku and weebs will buy this shit regardless
Pretty based honestly

Konami's barely a game dev anymore
In terms of actual business practices they're not even the worst in that picture either (Bamco are massive jews, Capcom helped pioneer jewish business practices in the first place, Square does both and also takes financial advice from fucking fortune tellers, all of them aside from apparently Bamco are slave-driver tier work ethic wise, etc) but the others didn't have a dev with a cult-tier fanbase under them I guess

>What you're talking about is what makes BotW a special Zelda game

Nope. That's evident all on itself. I'm talking why it is a special game.

>You are talking about "tools being tools and not just words/items" - but it was like this since forever in many western games.

Absolutely not like in Zelda games. Not with the same ingenuity, not remotely as tightly thought out, and plus all of those games came years after Zelda already had 2 or 3 classics in its history.
haven't played arx fatalis but TES definitely doesn't have tools that work in a believable, polished way. Yes they thrive on having systems that are loose enough so you can pull fun, crazt stuff out of that,
but they are as loose as they are janky. And the looseness of these systems is at odds with how stiff and neglected other aspects of these games are such as navigation or level design, which results
in way less believability and requiring your imagination to do a lot of the work at forgiving compromises.

Plus note how i said Zelda games interactions are as deep and plentyful as the games NEED to be as to make it a believable, immersive experience. There's a tightness to these you won't find in most games.
Precisely when a game feels very "Zelda-like", it's because of this approach to interaction, like Darksiders games or Okami, with varying range of success. Those games you said are definitely not "Zelda-like" in this approach.

Then you brought up shit like spiderman or just cause which aren't remotely similar to Zelda games which's central mechanic is having something that works like a hookshot. Dark Messiah is a lot more like Zelda in this sense and a very good game because of that. Still that game is basically a corridor and hardly a contestant for the merits of BotW. Which again, is having that 10/10 tightly designed interaction in a huge world. Which other open world games just haven't pulled out yet, no matter how much someone doesn't really dig the game.

Attached: oldcontemptdude.jpg (511x471, 152K)

Is that the kid from sword on the stone

>Dare I say, Crapcom is back?
It never left

>Which is the worst?
Fixed that for you, based ESL poster

all of these companies are irrelevant

the only sega IP that matters anymore is sonic

It's not listed but it's actually Yuke's because unlike all of these, their games had very good concept but were able only to release half assed games and all are very underrated due to their incompetency and unabilty to promote them, they are known only for WWE which they currently stated they cannot even handle and given the right to another company, their situation is so bad that if the company falls soon only little will care due to bad and underrated they are. One of their hidden gems needs to be resurrected, but hopefully not by them.

Sega shot themselves in the foot during their console years and the quality of games tend to be fairly mixed. Konami used to be amazing but holy shit out of all the companies on that list, they easily had the worst fall from Grace.

there fighting game division is still shit, until they get there shit together, then we can have a true hero redemption arc

Konami. All others might make a good game but konami is the one that crushes your hope.

Attached: FO01_NPC_Master_B.png (803x414, 491K)

>Capcom
They aren't able to make good games anymore, after the release of Street Fighter 3 and Nemesis they just jumped the shark
>Konami
Calciomerda & Pachinko
>Sega
Overpriced ports of shitty games and rehashes, basically Nintendo 2.0
>Square Enix
Out of touch jews
>Bandai Namco
Weebshit games from samestory shonens
Can't even say anything good from western devs cause it's the shit down there too

In that exact order. Top is most acceptable, only getting more dubious going down.

Its weird because Atlus is profitable. They simply sought to be held by Sega because Index had creative accounting problems. In a better timeline they're probably independent and getting all the money.

Konami's has the biggest drop in quality and service level for sure. Not even talking about MGS, they used to put out much better stuff all the time. They've always had a history of chasing off their talent long before the Kojima stuff happened.

t.contrarian shitposter

>you now remember Hudsonsofts corpse is still rotting away in the Konami dungeon never to be touched again

Attached: Hudson_Logo_3_a.gif (420x350, 16K)

What they're doing with Iceborne alone prevent Crapcom to be back

>They aren't able to make good games anymore
Did you ignore the last 2 years?

Ace Combat

>A rehash
>A button masher
>A sponge beating simulator
>Ads to Street Grinder V
>More DLCs to Street Jewing V
Yeah I remember the last two years of shit

>with their war on roms and fan games
>I literally have all the roms from every single console stored on two 2 TB hard drives
>did that soon after Nintendo shut Emuparadise down

are you a retarded?

Weak bait

I head they also shutted down many videos that featured Nintendo char. and also songs.

>e-celebs

telling the truth about Capcom nothingness is now a bait

mostly nostalgia, capcom made some of the most badass games of my childhood. even made the 2 legend of zelda games i consider my favorites of the series. but theyve been lackluster and after being on such a high pedestal for so long its easy to see why i myself am disappointed

>Nintendo has done the most damage to the gaming community with their war on roms and fan games
user, that literally does nothing to gaming communities.

>and also songs
Funnily enough Sony as probably taken down more Nintendo music than Nintendo themselves because of XCX.

You hate video games? But you loved RE2 and DMC5. That means you still have some of that love in you.
Also completely agree with your post but for me sega is second place for their support in pc recently. I thanks them for bringing yakuza to pc. Just wish they go up and spank atlus for being so retarded and stubborn.

>I can't see any reason why you would hate them right now
Unless you liked the variety and quality they had in most of their previous works.

Still better than what happened with their 7th generation and a bit of 8th generation with shit like lost planet 3, dead rising 3 and 4, resident evil 6 etc.
With the release of games like resi 7 and remake 2, dmc5, mega man 11 and mhw. They're really coming back to form. And now if the rumors are true and they are making Dragon dogma 2, resi 3 remake, marvel vs capcom 4 then they will become the best returning company.

Im@s

Digimon

yes

It's got to be Square. When was the last time they made a game that wasn't cutsceneshit?

Squeenix is horrific, and they've been putting out trash since 1998

Is that fun for a first timer to the series?

>to do things that put them in league with the worst of EA and Activision/Blizzard
Could you actually list things?