Games that start really strong and become incredibly boring near the end

Games that start really strong and become incredibly boring near the end

Attached: prey.jpg (460x215, 30K)

Attached: 2566479-re4.jpg (504x640, 96K)

yo momma

Bioshock Infinite

>making a 40 hour action RPG with no content variety
what were they thinking

Attached: file.png (590x336, 326K)

I'm counting 2nd run as the second half of the game. Mostly a repeat of everything you've already done except the cutscenes are different. The further you get, the more you roll your eyes at how lazy they got. Even when compared to the original. Playing through, you're just holding onto the hope of big differences or new environments coming in anytime now but that never happens. Just a different final boss.

Attached: 939737.jpg (3840x2160, 1.9M)

I never got past the first Japan level. Should I go back to it?

Yeah I was hoping the things would change but asides from getting a new shitty gun

System Shock 2

Attached: SH4.jpg (1024x768, 90K)

pic unrelated, game got ten times better when Salazar and Krauser showed up

>only like 5 weapons

Why. Why does prey have like FIVE weapons. if you had like 1 alternative weapon for each 'type' it'd make it so much better, and give you actual inventory management instead of 'pick shit up until you run out of space then eat food until you have space'

My biggest complaint about Prey is definitely the lack of weapons.

It gets worse when you basically dumb things down to Pistol, shotgun and Q beam. Q beam ammo is too rare and the weapon too ineffective to use on anyone, pistol barely deals damage and eats through ammo so the only good choice is shotgun.

Shit like stun gun is literally never needed except for the crew quarters if you want to save the MC humans.

Gloo cannon becomes useless once you get the high jump and boost pack

>Q beam ammo is too rare
You can manufacture it. It's good for those targets you don't want to or can't get close to.
>pistol barely deals damage
It actually deals pretty good damage at decent ranges, good for mimics, cystoids, when you don't have q-beam ammo, etc.
>the only good choice is shotgun
It's shit against operators, and you need to be really close to get a good use out of it.
>Shit like stun gun is literally never needed except for the crew quarters if you want to save the MC humans.
It's very useful against operators.
>Gloo cannon becomes useless once you get the high jump and boost pack
Good for saving ammo, use in conjunction with the wrench against mimics and operators. Also a decent crowd control tool.

Finally someone that actually played the game

i agree that prey could use more weapons but youre seriously downplaying the usefulness of the stun gun and gloo cannon

>You can manufacture it. It's good for those targets you don't want to or can't get close to.

Why the fuck would you manufacture ammo and deprive yourself of neuromods?

>It actually deals pretty good damage at decent ranges, good for mimics, cystoids, when you don't have q-beam ammo, etc.

Lmao, Why are you using guns on mimics? Bitch just hit them with the wrench. I played the game on hard (im sure you didnt) and they die in 5-6 wrench hits

>It's shit against operators, and you need to be really close to get a good use out of it.

Again, use the wrench, you do know that enemies get stunned when you hit them with a charged wrench hit, right? No perks required. They ltierally just fall down.Get the chipset or neuromod to improve stamina and you can stunlock the enemy until they die.

>It's very useful against operators.
Again, they dont need more than a wrench.

>Good for saving ammo, use in conjunction with the wrench against mimics and operators. Also a decent crowd control tool.

Stop being a shitter and learn how to use the wrench dude.

their only usefulness is recycling them

Also what kind of bitch ass shotgun are you using? Because my shotgun kills operators in 1-2 hits. Did you also forget you have an electric power that disables them? Bet you were too afraid to install alien neuros too because the turrets would turn against you

Not that guy but uh
You complained about the lacking weapon variety but admitted that you dont even use all the weapons

>waaaa why don't they give me more guns
>lmao why would you use guns, just wrench everything

Do you want more tools to play with or not dawg

>Why the fuck would you manufacture ammo and deprive yourself of neuromods?
Are you trying to get literally all the abilities in one playthrough? That's just boring.
>Lmao, Why are you using guns on mimics? Bitch just hit them with the wrench.
I mean theoretically you could get through the game with just the wrench so why use any gun?
>I played the game on hard (im sure you didnt)
Is this some special hard mode where you're only attacked by one enemy at once and can freely whack them to death at your leisure? Yeah I didn't play it on that.

Imagine getting into this kind of game and being a minmaxing faggot instead of understanding that you are meant to try different playstyles each run.

I don't really get the weapon complaint. When all available weapons are completely unique and useful in their own different ways, do you really need more of them? I think there's 6 weapons in the game, that's plenty of variation. There could have been 12 weapons, but that would have meant additional weapons that are half-assed and not as strongly designed as the rest, or weapons that are simply "the same but stronger".

Oh I forgot to mention that you're 100% braindead if you use weapons on cystoids. Bitch just literally grab ANY of the 3000 props you got around you and throw it at them. Or even just sprint towards them and jump before they explode.
Using those other weapons is no more fun than just smashing shit with the wrench. The weapon variety is really bad, which makes combat boring in general, and the side weapons like the stun gun or gloo cannon are not fun enough to use. They're basically just for adding extra steps for killing things that you could easily avoid by hitting stuff with the wrench

It's like "Would you rather have to shoot this gloo cannon at an enemy for like 10 seconds to freeze it and then go hit it once and then fall back then do the same thing...or would you rather just go smack them with the wrench until they die?"

>Is this some special hard mode where you're only attacked by one enemy at once and can freely whack them to death at your leisure? Yeah I didn't play it on that.

Ironically enough, the game rarely pits more than 1 or 2 enemies against you and once you get the 300 health perk, you can tank to almost every enemy except nightmare

Why the fuck would I want to play a game where the developers got bored halfway more than once?

I bet you find games like dishonored and its restrictions of power uses to be fun

They should have added submachine gun, it fits lore wise and would be interesting,
The main thing I hate is the lack of enemy types, you have the mimic and the greater mimic, the phantoms, that all are fought very similarly, the floating dudes, which and easy, especially in space, just yeet a explosive canister at them and they die. Even the shield one because of the lingering damage.
The nightmare is creepy, but easy to kill. He just wastes ammo really on my play through, and if you leave environmental hazards he will normally kill himself..the tenticals are boring.
Any ideas for a different type of enemy to be added to the game? Btw the crystoids get fucked by the hunters bow caster.

Testing. Did my post not send ffs.

>smg
Yeah that wouldve been cool
>bowcaster for cystoids
I never thought of that, good thinking user

Just shoot at them and the on that you hit will explode, or shoot at a wall near them and they will chase the dart, it's pretty funny to watch them fly into space chasing it.

>hating on the Krauser fights
Pleb detected

Attached: IMG_20190811_211539.jpg (766x1057, 75K)

yes

ridiculous amount of player attacks, combat variety, tonnes of bosses most of which are well designed, and then they have like 12 standard enemies

It's like they went out of thier way to not add a "basic" enemy. All the other shocks had them, no reason prey couldn't

USA

That's dumb as rocks.

DELET

Also theres plenty of Q beam ammo on operators.

Because you also have magic

>stun gun is literally never needed
Holy shit you are a dumb cunt stun gun is fucking OP in this literally what the fuck are you talking about

You are a massive retard. With a few upgrades the pistol one shots mimics with sneak attacks and is a great asset since it’s the only gun effective at longer ranges. I never used the Q beam because the Stun gun makes it so you can essentially one shot phantoms and does massive damage to electronics. It’s incredibly efficient and trivializes the game since you can kill anything and everything before it has time to even attack you. GJ on not knowing anything about the game.

How are you going to bitch about variety while simultaneously sticking only to the wrench?

whats so great about this game? All the enemies are just boring black goo monsters. People bitch like crazy when Japan does the "black goo of unoriginality" but nobody lets out a peep for this game