residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Famitsu_interview_with_Hideki_Kamiya
youtube.com/watch?v=bWxkNAPrGMc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

NO WAY FAG

WORK IT OUT ON THE FLOOR

Leon’s a Chad. He doesn’t know the meaning of PTSD

Whaddayabuyin Yea Forums?

PUSSY THRASHING SUPER DICK

Nothing he did in spain compared to Birkin and the shit he dealt with in Raccoon City.

Doesn't he become an alcoholic in Vendetta?

Some people use comedy and jokes to cope with trauma. I know I do.

He already went through this shit in RE2. Not only was he much less equipped than RE4, he also had an absolute unit chasing him around.

>Gets almost killed by a whole village
>he's one liner is BINGO?

Attached: 1997338719728872922.png (662x362, 369K)

What was with the bit at the start where he looks out at the player and says "guess thats a locals way of breaking the ice" Nothing else like that happens in the rest of the game and I wish it did because its funny.

>Witness a two people get swallowed by a 60 foot plant human thing and become a monsterous evil vision of hell
>Without breaking a sweat, smirk and quip
>Monsters.... guess after this, there'll be one less to worry about

>Wants video games to emulate real life
????????????????????????????

You can see the quip jokester personality in Leon ever so slightly begin to develop in the RE2 REmake when you get to the crocodile

Are you having a stroke?

No why?

Attached: SZXIeKG.jpg (960x540, 144K)

>comes face to face with giant bad guy and his thugs
>has guns
>decide to throw a faggy spin kick
>gets ass kicked

Attached: BitoresMendez1.jpg (573x341, 22K)

This happens irl too

Because yer not making a lick of sense there brother

Humor is a coping mechanism.

That's actually pretty realistic

Better find Ashley fast!

He wants to look cool for ada and sherry's sake.

Listen I've never served or anything but I'm pretty sure the humour isn't seconds after the event takes place, it's more for coping with the memory

>Grows up as a mercenary and later fights against BOWs bare handed
>Cracks jokes and doesn't give a fuck
Chaddest RE character.

Attached: images (45).jpg (378x811, 16K)

>tfw no Leon bf

Makes sense to me. Are you ESL or just a sped?

Humor is used as a coping mechanism by some.

>Makes sense to me
kek

based

Wrong.
Why would you think that in the first place? Gramps said "Well, guess I'll have to drive tanks now" right after losing his foot.
Didn't lose consciousness either. Never ended up driving a tank though. But my father did.

It was someone else who replied to you by the way. this is me . this is not me

By Resident Evil 4 this must be like... the third ptsd experience, right? imo RE4 was for him the tamest one, he already has experience, Ganados arent scarier that zombies(until the heads pop up at least), and Salazar and Saddler arent the last bit intimidating, and the close calls werent as close as before, and when Ada appears he at least has an idea of useful cover/assistance. Overall, it was the easiest out of all the bad experiences he must had had in his whole life.

>After losing his foot
Yeah sorry not even remotely compatible to the shit Leon sees

comparable

It's all those boyscout bonfires.

nobody cares though

That line makes me chuckle every time.

He says that because the villagers all suddenly fuck off after trying to kill him.

Please I'm very sensitive and your hurting my feelings with all these mean replies to my posts.

>trying to capture a suspect alive for an international investigation.
try again bro

you need to suck more dicks and you'll get less senstive

This game was great at the time... but it also started the fall of the series... pretty sad.

Attached: 1556399988282.gif (500x308, 288K)

Yeah but the only stories that matter are Resident Evil 1-4 and 7

Soldiers in wars make sick jokes. Plenty of WW1 stories of soldiers making great jokes in that hellhole.

AAAAAAAAaA I STILL CaNT OUTRUB THE STATUE AAAaaaAAAAAAAAAaaaaaAAaaaa

Blocking out the seriousness of the situation is part of the point of humour.
So that matters less than you think.
Losing a leg in battle while people still shoot at you tends to be worse than seeing something freaky for the 653rd time.

he was so fun to control

but chris is the bigger chad. For no fucking reason he just casually brought up, "yea bud i killed yer dad" for no reason, and doubled down when jake held him at gunpoint.

How sheltered are you? Just get in the woods and get mauled by animal it will be basically the same experience like getting eaten by zombies.

this

Are you? That's a normal English sentence.

Yeah, like all the othr suspects he tried to take alive at that point.
Just shoot him in the leg.

how many years until we get a re4 remake

5 tops I'd imagine. and I swear to fucking god if they lock all the extra content behind a paywall like they did with RE2. why wasn't there outrage over that shit? you have to buy the fucking original soundtrack rather than just including the option to toggle new or old? are you fucking kidding me

If you're retarded I guess. You seem to be on his wave length though. You're going places.

After shooting a man through the head and kicking him to death in his own home for turning around the wrong way, Leon is disappointed a village of people quit attacking him, because he wasn't done shooting them. Its hilarious

MURICA

Not him, but I'm pretty sure it's just you and starting to wonder if you might actually have a stroke.
Do any other posts look off to you?

youtu.be/oQ6sr7Bvl7Y?t=118
1:57

>for turning around the wrong way

Attached: 1563328296128.jpg (271x271, 8K)

Plus he's bigger in the literal sense. That man is built like a god damn gorilla.

Yeah, playing as Jake is the closest we will get to play as Wesker.

How would a Chad list look like?
>Chris>Jake>Leon=Piers>Agent

>Anyway you know what this is all about
A clever transition from the narration as Leon is addressing both the player and the two drivers.

BETTER TRY AN OLD TRICK CAUSE THAT ONE'S GETTING OLD

Dude had a hatchet and attacked with him after Leon looked away, user.

>Leon gets injected with the parasite
>this is a big deal
>near the end of the game he and Ashley use a convenient machine that just cures them outright
>villains didn't bother to guard it or destroy it despite it being central to their plan
RE4's story is honestly really bad (even compared to previous entries).
The presentation is just so charming and the gameplay so fun that you can ignore it.

Lean>Piers, boring scarf man can't compete with thad chad hair and chad personality.

Not in any of my playthroughs

>extra content behind a paywall
A little piracy won't ruin your life. Just use a VPN. Especially with Capcom shit. Spend the extra money on food and other essentials.

Why is he breaking the 4th wall lol. This never happens anywhere else in the game or in fact anywhere else in the series.

Might ruin your computer though.

Its a japanese game. Western games have better writing.

unfortunately I'm a console fag, so if I want to access content that was in the original game and should be unlockable by playing it I have to fork over more money. This is the single worst thing that's ever happened to the industry, anti-consumer garbage

youtu.be/suULp_zozsU
so you haven't played the game then?

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

Shit's about to go down.

Shut the fuck up dude its a current events joke, I'm stretching the situation for a joke .Is this really your golden path to truth? Get a clue.

Hes been a special ops/whatever agent for years at that point, and with dialogue with Krauser it's not his first rodeo

Do you skip cutscenes or something? Leon asks the villager if he's seen ashley, but since he's a spaniard he doesn't understand and tells him to fuck off, leon apologizes and turns around but the villager grabs an axe and nearly cleaves his head in half, leon even tries to reason with him, he doesn't immediately shoot.

If it was a joje it sure as hell wasn't funny.

Attached: scoff.png (1589x1080, 748K)

Never once. Anything harmful is caught by the community and doesn't spread.
We all allowed for it in some way or another. But yeah it's a sad era for games and it may never change.

Oh wow dude thanks I almost misremembered a moment from RE4 for a second there haha glad you're always there to set me straight bro that would have been awful

It's, hopefully, intentionally bad. I saw this game as a call-back to 80s action movies like Escape From New York and Warriors, where deep, complicated logic is replaced with actual fun. This works really well because RE4 is a popcorn shooter, the shooting gallery even explicitly says this--it's the same god damn game.

Its intentionally bad but also japanese therefore uniquely retarded

This. Obsidian is a good example. One of the best developers in the industry when it comes to writing.

Play REmake 2 and tell me if anything would phase you living through that.

I know I shouldn't take this game seriously, but you really do have to give Leon credit for going through an entire army of cultists by himself. I stuff like the laser security quick time event makes me wonder what kind of special training he had to go through.

Attached: nwf.jpg (1280x1280, 554K)

Someone has to catch that virus, it could be you. And not every virus is obvious, some are well hidden. But you do your thing. I'll stick to legal stuff cause I'm a good boy.

>sister almost kills herself
>sitting there while parents talk to the cops
>giggling to myself thinking about rope puns
eh, it happens, its knot that odd to cope in this manner.

It's just a cheeky moment. In the other mainline REs the protagonists take themselves and their situation a bit more seriously. RE4 has its own flavor of cheesiness that's a bit more cocky.

SHUT THE FUCK UP FAT MAN

Not falling for that old trick.

Attached: SHINJITERU YO.png (239x209, 79K)

Man, you did not leave us hanging with those puns

I can’t believe Leon just walts into a secluded rural village and killed every man, woman, and child while on a delicate international mission.

I wonder if he would have been embarrassed if Hunnigan heard him say that. Its such a bizarre line but I love it all the same.

The exact moment Leon says BINGO is when RE4's mask slips and it shows its true colours.

Attached: thats rad.gif (480x270, 1.79M)

NO THANKS, BRO!

Attached: writhe in my cage of torment my friend.gif (275x225, 500K)

cos leons a strong man
but
Chris is not so strong hence he's out drinking beer in a bar

>imo RE4 was for him the tamest one
This is the one with a minecart rollercoaster and a giant fighting spanish midget napolean statue.

It was crazier, but not nearly as scary or ptsd worthy.

>and child
The villagers killed the kids before they became infected. So Leon doesn't have that on his conscience at least.

>After shooting a man through the head and kicking him to death in his own home for turning around the wrong way
Leon used to be an American cop after all.

capcom is great at making dorky characters who think they are cool

Attached: maxresdefault(11).jpg (1280x720, 121K)

I thought children's bodies were not able to resist the mutation the virus gave, and died when they got infected?

It's basically every character they've ever made.

Attached: viewtiful wonderful.gif (500x283, 693K)

>no HUNK

ADIOS, LEON!

>NOOOOOOO

SHUT THE FUCK UP FAT MAN

>that infected baby writhing in the dumpster

Attached: _.jpg (698x672, 26K)

You might be right about that. Seems to me I remembered some text lore from one of the games that said they killed the kids themselves. I've probably got my wires crossed somewhere.

Is that what that thing was?

Why?

Little rough, don't you think?

am supprised no

Leon pls posts

i am impressed guys

Are you talking about pic related? Because if so, it´s way too big to be a baby

Attached: Sack_creature.jpg (800x600, 45K)

probably didnt want them to be infected

that's the real ashly
the one you save at the end is a virus clone

Not that guy, but it could still be a kid.

Las Plagas killed children, not infected them.

I wish devs weren't so squeamish about monster children. Remember The Pack from Dead Space? They were unsettling as hell.

>not him
user, it's time to stop. Give up. Cal your mother and tell her you're sorry.

Would've fucked their T rating though

>that scene in Dead Space 2 where you watch a woman let an infected baby crawl into her lap and then the window is covered in blood shortly after

Attached: 1562015985980.png (202x206, 46K)

I'm not though, go get on IRC and ask a mod you stupid nigger.

And not long after that...

Attached: sun.png (500x365, 66K)

Exactly, its hilarious

RE4 was M, you retard.

Was a 15 over here always thought that translated to T

Sort of like Pokemon Gen 5 in a way....

a little rough don't you think?

LLLOOOOOUUUIIIIIISSS

was re4 the right combination of seriousness of modern re and camp of classic re?

He's an ARYAN CHAD!

THE WHITE MAN KNOWS NO LIMITS!

Hence the credit sequence where you basically see that they all got rused by Saddler and they were all long gone by the time Leon shows up.

He's always been an alcoholic. He had a hangover all throughout the original release of RE2.

>He had a hangover all throughout the original release of RE2.
when was that mentioned in re2?

hahaha holy shit imagine being this angry. Call your mother. Give up.

*CHUFCHUFCHUFCHUFCHUFCHUFCHUF*
"TAKE COVER!"
*WHIIR BRTBRTBRTBRTBBRTBRTBRTBRTBRTBRTBRTBRTBRTRBRRTBRRRTBRTTRBRRRTBRRTBRRRTBRRTBRTBRTBRTBRTBRTBBRTBRTBRTBRTBRTBRTBRTBRTBRTRBRRTBRRRTBRTTRBRRRTBRRTBRRRTBRRTBRTTAC TAC TAC TAC UEUGHH! TAC TAC TAC AAUUAA! TAC TAC TAC TAC UAAAAH! TAC TAC TAC TAC UGHH! TAC TAC TAC TAC TACBRT BRRT TAC TAC BRRTRBRTBRTBRTBRTBRTBBRTBRTBRTBRTBRTBRTBRTBRTBRTRBRRTBRRRTBRTTRBRRRTBRRTBRRRTBRRTBRTPIOWPIOWBRRRTBRTBRTBRT
IIAAHHH-..!*
WhhiIIIIIiiIIIR *Click**

Attached: mike.png (1440x846, 725K)

Not in-game, but it was mentioned in the original official guide in his character background and Kamiya has said so himself in a few interviews residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Famitsu_interview_with_Hideki_Kamiya

It was to explain why he arrived in Raccoon city in the middle of the night. The move to Raccoon city caused him to break up with his GF so he drowned his sorrows in a motel somewhere and slept the day away. Kamiya said he may have done that because he himself was going through a breakup while working on RE2 in one of the Remake 2 roundtable videos they posted on the Resident Evil youtube channel, but he might have just been joking with that bit, idk

Attached: 1565503741846.jpg (551x776, 44K)

Attached: 20190628111500_1.jpg (3840x2156, 1.78M)

>child
>he didn't see the credit sequence

>When even the YTP gets a re-release
youtube.com/watch?v=bWxkNAPrGMc

what are some underrated guns?

He's not an alcoholic to cope with stress he's an alcoholic because he wants to be shitfaced at every waking moment.

I don't know how people can argue Dead Space 2 isn't "horror" just because it's an action game when it has some morbid shit like that frequently.

Dead Space 2 is twice as scary as the god damn Outlast series.