Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=acqpulP1hLo
youtube.com/watch?v=X3YHDfATo2w
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8962.0
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0
dropbox.com/sh/j3jpdria4ngdg95/AABU1EbXm5SKyody-1mTfG9Ia?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is it possible to just take over a pirate colony and manage it myself? Instead of making my own colony? Or can you only raid colonies?

Tri-tach did nothing wrong.

>two onslaughts on fleet
>they stay back doing shit while I give the enemy hell in my conquest
are onslaughtfags cucks?

Pretty sure that you can invade a planet with marines in Nexelin, and in vanilla you can only do raids and planetary bombardment

r8 my fleet
gonna swap out that legion

Attached: Capture.png (1920x1080, 1.34M)

how do i bribe hegemony ai investigation party ?

Why the sudden surge of starsector threads lately? Now i want to install it again.

It critically needs anime portraits.

Talk to the officer located where the fleet is assembling

an infamous warlord turned youtube reviewer covered the game

Click whatever the option marked with (T) is on the ai investigation warning screen. It's on the righthand side somewhere

They are already in my system. Guess the only way is to just nuke them with transponder off `

ssseth

Sweet, because i just started this new play through with nexerelin

>find a system with 3 habitable planets
>all of them are IV rank and only because of the ruins with shit tier production
>keep looking and find an arid rank V with amazing stats in an orange star area
>realize there's a neutron star off in the distance
why is finding one decent planet so fucking awful

Attached: 1541092417971.gif (480x270, 3.2M)

>heavy industry picking up
guess it's time to start fucking up the competition

>2d indie trash

the space genre deserves so much better

are you fucking kidding me? i drop like 2mil on this stupidass colony. a colony i only started so i could craft a paragon only to learn its going to take an ingame year to actually make the damn thing.
wtf is this bullshit. what do i need to upgrade to make it go faster. ive already sunk enough money in this crafting bullshit to buy like 5 of them if i could find them on the market.

Attached: screenshot012.png (1920x1200, 642K)

yeah like star citizen no man's sky and starfield right?
indie shit is the only thing that's going to save the genre now

What's wrong with you, man? Lowest effort post possible.

Attached: 1516989203002.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

he got responses though didn't he

Why all those threads all of sudden?

I think it might scale based on planet pop size, my limit was like 225k/month for a size 7. I did upgrade it to orbital and have a pristine nano forge tho

Redpill me on this game. What's it about?

Selling heroin and kidneys

e-celebrity spam

What's the difference between Normal and Easy?

you shoot, you loot, then you scoot

everyone is supposed to like this shit or something?

Because Sseth

shill campaign and mods are doing nothing about it desu

hey guys, what does it mean when the ship has a blue background on the recovery screen? I always thought it meant It had a lot of defects, but i've seen it on ships with only one.

Attached: file.png (671x495, 163K)

A child would end up steamrolling on normal after a while, a baby could do it on easy

it means its yours and blew up in the battle

it means you have enough spare crewmen to man it. If its orange it means you need more

did you assign beta bitch officers to them?

ok fine im downloading it
where does it rank among rogue gal./spaz/avorion/evochron etc
what is the core gameplay loop

oh okay, thanks.
not what I meant, but you're still right.

my 2 paragons+2 astrals shit on lowtech garbo like this regularly

seriously hope no one here is that much of a bitch to have tried easy and know

>wow i purposely went into a thread for a game i don't like and provided no useful criticism in my post and people told me to go away

it's mount and blade(warband) in space, but more polished and without the jank

I recalled from my M&B days how trivial damage reduction on friendlies makes the game desu

It's a lot more like Mountain Blade than it is like other space games. The exception being battles. MB unit AI in battles is some of the worst in existence. The AI in this game is pretty good in terms of skirmishing and damage mitigation, so learn how to order individual elimination commands on targets that have overextended. Other than that, do whatever you want. Combat + salvaging disabled ships is my favorite gameplay strategy.

Go to fucking /vg/ godamnit.

just started messing around, got my ass kicked because I still dont know how to engage

still dont recognize lots of stuff on screen, so I dont know if Im doing lots of damage or if I m taking lots of damage

in your experience how long will it take to start getting the hang of it? combat-wise

also any recommendations on what ship to aim to as a new player?

Attached: 1549802469060.jpg (680x842, 146K)

Where can I find medium ship size BPs? I literally only have one good ship blueprint and it's the paragon. I want some nice mobile cruiser BPs. I just got heavy industry up with a forge.

game will be dead again in a week my guy. go post in your 50th smash or wojack thread

>dauphong upload still asks for activation key
spoonfeed me Yea Forums

a day, or a few hours of playing, its easier if you did the tutorials.
if you didn't, you should, they aren't that long and you learn a lot.

NEET here, can't buy the game but seems comfy, I heard one user talking about someone leaking a key everyone was using spoonfeed a loser living in a shithole in the woods.
Thanks in advance for wasting your time reading even if you don't have sauce

Next time you're in combat and piloting a ship, hold down "shift". Just try it.

If you like this, go to settings and there is a setting that makes it default. It's called "invert the behavior of the bla bla bla button"

Someone post the teleporting paragons

go to Sseth's video, he has his in that.

In the description

It's from the Sseth video, he gave his key out at the end of the video. I think it's still enabled because the dev just doesn't give a shit, the ssethtide made him so much money.

devs chill with this shit lol?
w/e might buy later

Attached: 1549370463364.jpg (222x293, 19K)

>Autosave
>you have spent 116 min in battle simulator
>0 battles 25 transactions have occurred

Attached: okabe.jpg (681x641, 151K)

I did the tutorials, still whenever I shoot stuff I feel like I did tons of damage and disengage when taking too much damage, this goes on until I blow up, maybe Im messing around with better ships than mine

I use shift, are you telling me the most efficient way to win by poking some dmg back and forth? if so then this will be a lot easier, cause I thought maybe I was doing something wrong

why are weapons such a fucking meme? like one would say that graviton beam is awsome by looking at the stats, but then I use it on some destroyer shield and I see it building 0 fucking hard flux. how the fuck do I fuck up enemy shields without using missiles? are lasers a meme and should only kinetic be used?

Gravaton beam is great when you have lots of other beams. It's all about out-fluxxing them

Attached: Replay 2019-08-07 22-05-29.webm (960x540, 2.87M)

Thanks anons, I will download on my slow Slavic internet.

Energy weps dont cause hard flux. Probably due to them not having modifiers vs shields or armor

>find desert planet
>survey it
>scattered ruins
>searched the ruins
>pic related
How the fuck

Attached: file.png (1345x931, 326K)

pulse, phase lasers and tachyon lances can deal with shields; but yeah kinetics are superior, esp hypervelocity driver and heavy needler

>more big ships means better
ehhhhh

How much money should I have before starting a colony?

hey hey people

So what's the endgame? Do I just do m&b and paint the sector in my colors?
And where do I find more AI cores?

Attached: sheploo beer.jpg (1280x1024, 139K)

Attached: 1540305498337.jpg (300x318, 9K)

sseff here

Thats the trick, beams (of any kind) do _not_ generate hard flux. Just soft.

Survey planets, look for orbiting stations/mining platforms and explore ruins/platforms

a round mil at least. I started one with less, and the fuck ups due to not having enough security buildings cost me lots of wasted money. if you build everything from the start you should be able to save money on the long run.

What are some of the most op ships?

Anything else I should add?

Attached: mods.png (457x849, 81K)

Gotta say that invading shit in nex is way to easy, it's basically the same difficulty as a raid, feels like the defenders should just get a blank *2 buff to their value against invasions compared to just raids.

then exactly why are they marked as anti shield? in my experience my graviton beam didnt even raise soft flux on the enemy ship, so I can't really understand, unless the enemy ship had very high soft flux dissipation

Is Sseth-shilled Doom ship actually good? Flying whats basically a killer queen sounds like fun.

>no way to favorite systems
>no way to favorite planets
>no way to quickly search for planets
>UI is a clusterfuck
does the dev even play his own game

Once made a whole squad of Paragons. Had fun, people died.

>Intel > Rating 5 planet
Not that hard user

also: who /colony on vulcanword with ultrarich metals and rare metals/ here?

its fun but kinda slow moving for me, i might switch

How should I expand my lobster-selling business?

I personally don't really like them to be honest.

Its exactly that, they're able to dissipate the damage you're putting out. Beams are dumb (except tachyon lance)

Doom is pretty good. It has some weakness like all phase ships do except for throwing fighter wings at it, it isn't a cheap ship to fly though.

Attached: doom_3.webm (1067x600, 2.92M)

So other than RP and all that, what're the perks of being friendly with each of the factions? Specific perks, obviously you get access to their markets.

loving my colony

Attached: screenshot001.png (1366x768, 1.56M)

is this game like space kenshi?

very well, fuck beams then. also fuck luddiggers

Apparently the video sold way more copies in one month than in ten years, so hell yes, the dev is chill.

>1 alpha core

I find more alpha cores than beta or gamma just from exploring ruins while surveying

a million for a fast space station to defend the colony, or around 300K, but you need to personally keep the colony safe from raids.

My negro
Cant find any good weapons for it though.

Attached: 2412.png (1917x1080, 2.1M)

Okay guys I really need to bring down a pirate base given me the buttfuck. How are bombers at dealing with them? I'm probably 50% fast carrier 50% agile cruiser comp. I usually win with pickoffs and skirmishing but I don't think that will work on a station

Attached: 1540099090088.png (562x350, 99K)

you only really need 300 for a space station for a start.

>-108
okay this is epic

Attached: 1535234747645.png (276x52, 12K)

must be fun having every fight take 40 minutes since the enemies are 100x faster than you

So does your mom but I don't see her complaining here.

youtube.com/watch?v=X3YHDfATo2w

because e-celeb shilled the game to his hordes and now everybody and their grandma talks about it, even though the game has been out for 10 years

See the issue is much like migration, it's completely fine when small amount of people join and intergrate into the society they are joining.
But massive floods like this bring their own culture and destroy what was there in the first place.

Longbows and dumbfire bombers of any type should do ok, depending on how much PD the base has. Pirate bases are generally pretty weak compared to others.

Bombers do fine until you reach a Pather Starfortress covered in Devastators and Dual Flak. I prefer using fighters to cover my approach with whatever ship that can throw out 4+ reapers per volley but your fleet comp should be okay.

>t. poorfag who has never ran a cap fleet

If you have a full laser armada you blatt flies out of the void of space as they approach you, who cares if they run.

What fucking culture is there to bring to a SINGLE PLAYER GAME YOU FUCKING RETARD

that's why you are going to personally defend the colony. those 300k will be going for the industries and not for the space station.

have you guys seen sseth's review of this??? really fuckin funny

don't know what to tell you. the only one I've got is the one from the starting mission, haven't found anymore after that...

Just got a nice V planet with spare volatiles along with abundant other bits. Will it produce the volatiles at all?

>entire planet is a volcano
>that population
Where the fuck is everyone living

>tfw looking back at my old 0.9.0 fleet
Some spacers will never understand what it is like to go home and clear out multiple colonies worth of fuel and supply stockpiles, then still make decent income the following month.

Attached: screenshot490.png (2560x1440, 2.64M)

are limited ammo weapons on any ship not driven by the player a meme? I find that the AI is just retarded and wastes them on fucking shields

lmao hell if I know

Ships can survive the event horizon for like 2 days, I'm sure they can build structures that can withstand the heat of the mantle

How do you get higher than 70% max combat readiness?

comfy natural starsector culture vs hordes of sethiets and their epic epic discord memes

I need some fucking direction in my life, if I don't have Dr. Call of duty screaming in my ear and pointing me to a skyrim quest marker I have an autism fit.
Just kind of pottering around until my college stops giving me an allowence, doing missions is kind of annoying since I don't know where exactly to find volitiles and shit, takes a bit to get used to combat but at least it's easy enough to avoid since I just get my dick pushed inside out.

Attached: screenshot467.png (2560x1440, 2.04M)

how the fuck do you get it to grow tho

How do i get Doom? I tried it on simulator and it was really enjoying to play it.

meant for Tri-Tachyon, Sindrian Diktat (mostly commission) and Persean League markets

The Doom can literally 1v40 in a player's hands

And for when they have 80 - you only need a second doom

Attached: AM doom.webm (960x540, 2.89M)

growth incentives; don't make your first colony one that has a lot of hazard/bad accessability; if you're willing to deal with bad events, make it a freeport

Skills, IIRC

And player can have 100% CR on his ship

Basically this . Ideally you want your first colonies to have adequate farmland so that the people can be self sustained and that they can sell whatever surplus they produce and that they can also sustain the other colonies you'll eventually have..

I made it a freeport and can put 10k into a month, but it's literally

Why does everyone hate AI? They seem like nice bots.

Because they're brainlets afraid of an AI take over. Maybe if they were in charge of AI that could happen, but any semi-intelligent person would have proper brakes on their AI to prevent that from happening

Anything to do with my thousands of built up metal or ship components? Can I salvage it into shit to build with like EVE?

>space kenshi
yeah kinda.
you just try to get stinking rich and make a huge crew to kill people

Fuck off, Alfa core.

fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8962.0
how viable is that?

/pol/ go and stay go

see what I mean

>star sector

good job tardo

STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS TRASH

JESUS CHRIST A SMASH THREAD DIED FOR THIS YOU RETARDS

What's with all the jigaboos

>dominator in "tier 1"
>aurora in "tier 2"

LOL

Attached: heavyblaster aurora.webm (960x540, 2.91M)

Nah it's actually fun and has more stuff to do.

if I built my first colony in the middle of nowhere can I safely leave it alone or do I have to babysit it?

Well I went at it and ordered an (e)ngage and wow my fleet just obliterated it. I don't think any of my ships even had to vent, they just skirted the station and skirmished while the bombers and experienced aggressive captains melted it. I also went dark and sniped off all the patrols one by one but I probably didn't even need to do that. Damn this game fun

Attached: 1546337454924.jpg (235x235, 10K)

??

Theres two ways i can explain that to you
>triple digit iq
Space rangers but improved
>double digit iq
Space phase of spore but actually good

onslaughtbros noooooooooo

Attached: 1535426131090.webm (720x531, 2.54M)

>2015
>including templar ships

It's name it's obviously ˢᵗᵃʳˢᵉᶜᵗᵒʳ

Literally proof that piracy doesn't affect good games.

>ship with officer vs a ship with no officer
>ship which is good at flanking vs a ship that is strong only in front facing battles
common user.

Nimblechads assemble, we can all dab on bigshipfags and they cant reach us.

ahh

it does affect them positively

>have pristine forge
>have big fleet
>have 4mill in the bank
>found a really good planet
>can't find any ai cores that aren't gamma

>Travel around bars until you find a scientist that tells that he has located an ai core in the outer space
>Take the quest and get there
>Defeat a bunch of [REDACTED]
>Its always the alpha core
>Take it for yourself instead of returning it to questgiver

not really. starsector is too niche, old and small to count as a good example.

dont let the marketing hacks at denuvo know about this

>all the projectiles hitting eachother

cool as fuck

Attached: 1521308623483.jpg (800x600, 167K)

actually I already have that one I just wanted a spare for my eventual star fortress
plus some betas for my industry would be nice

BUT THEY DID EVERYTHING WRONG

Attached: mirv is a joke.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

you can smack alpha cores at industries too.

mfw i sold a paragon blueprint to the pirates cuz it was a bit more profitable and now they are fucking my colony with it

Attached: 1555402133781s.jpg (250x148, 4K)

Depends on your playstyle and I thought it was hilarious with some tweaking. Pump up the flux capacitors for more phase time and equip some reaper missiles and hull crack weapons. Now I put 4 mines to one side and fire 2 reaper missiles to another. Hilarious to watch the AI freak out.

And if they don't have omni shields? They're fucking dead. Just teleport behind them and fire missiles.

Just find a red warning beacon and farm those cores.

Based pirates

im not exactly sure how do mines work on doom. They kinda spawn on where my cursor is but not always

>tfw ayymd cpu and ayymd gpu playing at smooth 20fps

What do you guys listen to while playing?
I like to listen to GTA IV & V Talk shows and G-funk

Attached: 2ocxVYg.gif (400x300, 1.83M)

I hope you learned a valuable life lesson user.

more pls

my fleet's not THAT strong
I wanted to get a colony up and running with a star fortress before I dumped money into capital ships

MY GOD FUCK CRAFTING SHIPS IN GENERAL
OF COURSE IT COMES OUT WITH FUCKING DMODS AND I HAVE TO SPEND ANOTHER 600K UNFUCKING IT.
SUNK OVER 3MILLION IN THIS BULLSHIT. FINDING A PARAGON BLUEPRINT WAS THE WORST THING POSSIBLE CAUSE IT MADE ME START TRYING TO CRAFT.

>retard doesn't have an orbital works with a pristine forge

Go to an orange then. Those still drop alphas but more betas.

>has a shit colony that doesn't produce 100% ships with no D-mods
It's like a bad governor is mad that the sandwich they served him contains spit.

As someone who bought it when it was called Starfarer, what the fuck are you talking about. The community has always been so small and nonexistent, you couldn't call it a community. It was more like 8 dudes having inside jokes between themselves.

medium danger level? I'll stop by some thanks

you asked for it.

Attached: 1541202895677239993.gif (600x338, 1.22M)

who you trying to bullshit user?

the paragons are not that bad actually becouse they dont know how to use it. Worse is thhe fact that they now have a station in the sector next to me and they are breeing like crazy. Ive tried to attack it like 20 times but they just keep guarding it. Also they raid me every 15 days any help?

Attached: 1553773671877.jpg (526x701, 156K)

>Hes playing without all factions mods and nex
Boring as hell

more what?

That's why saturation spawning is useful. They have a minimum distance they can spawn from an enemy ship which might throw off your placement so just practice at that point.

How's this planet look for colonization?

Attached: 10895210665564176384_20190811193714_1.png (1920x1080, 1.51M)

Make your colony better. I literally built pristine ships even with a corrupted nanoforge. Get that orbitalworks and change fleet doctrine to 100% prioritize quality ships. Ez crafts.

>start reading starsector threads
>start playing starsector
>see in threads that the game is becoming popular because of a youtube video
>watch youtube video
>realize a lot of posts in the threads are cringe memes from the video
I've become the cancer..

Solar Shielding hullmod or Safety Procedures 2?

Guchi, move in bro

The cancer isn't the people talking about videogames user.

spoken like someone who's never steamrolled a single star forge

Solar shielding since you can just remove it when you become rich enough to not give a shit about burning supplies.

>Oh no nimblechads! How is this happening!?

Attached: 2019-08-11 18-36-46.webm (853x480, 2.95M)

solar shielding is pretty good for the price. the +20% resistance to energy is nice but it also lets you pretty much ignore hyperstorms, black holes, pulsars, and coronas. A decent strategy against a bigger fleet is to lure them into a corona and them fight defensively until they malfunction quickly due to no solar shielding.

Why is there sound in space?

>have 2 perfect food/organicworlds
>just need mining planet
>first system I scan has +3/+3 ore deposits

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Attached: swett.jpg (587x740, 66K)

For the same reason it smells like bacon

New update when?

because the sounds of missiles going off and huge guns firing is cool and realism is boring

I bring one ship for that, I call it the NuttCracker. It's it's sole reason for existence.

Pretty much.
>Start up a Nex game
>Buy 100 marines
>Invade every stage 3-4 pirate colony with no station
>End up with 200k+ credits by the end of the spree

>onslaught isnt running 4x sabots
Honestly everyone memes on the onslaught but they dont realized how op 4 sabots are. Instant shield drop and overload everything. That and expanded racks for nuking an entire enemy fleet.

Attached: lgdd.webm (800x450, 2.83M)

>wOw tHAtS sO wEiRD duDE i fIND sOOOOO mAnY alPha cOrESSS lOoooOooOOoooLLLLL

Attached: really.png (518x723, 732K)

>mod ships that give blink to a capital ship
>vs 2 lashers and 2 hammer heads which aren't very mobile at all
WOW, aren't you a big brain

Some time later the colony was under constant attack by all factions and none managed to actually do anything.

Attached: Base Profile Screenshot 2018.11.20 - 03.31.18.54.png (1920x1080, 2.18M)

SQUADRON FOURTEEN

Attached: DIIIIIIIIIIVE.png (1920x1080, 1016K)

If you turn on debug mode and loot a derelict ship you can get 40 alpha cores.

I could throw 20 frigs in there and it'd be the same result, I'm just lazy

>t. [̷̡̢̢̛̯̭̣̗̭̣͖͕̹̤̖͙̜͖͔͈̫̊̄͛́̃̓̏̊͒͗̑̓́͂̈̌̈̋̄͊͂̀̒̊̔͂̓́͋̆̑̉͛̓̔̒̀͐̀͐͛̒͗̕̕̚̕̕͝ͅͅR̴̨̧̨̛̛̛̛̭̥̗̥̬͈͇͇̥̙͕̞̬̻̥̤̥̗̠̉̆́͆̏̾͌̆̇̓̊̀͐͑̿͆͆͐̌̈́̃̔́̉͑́̈́̈́̃́̈̔̽͌̏̐̌͛́̄͒̉͛̃̾̍̆̓͐̿̇́̀͒̇͌̕̚̚͜͠ͅͅȨ̴̨̢̛̦͎͓̣̯̱͎̟̹̬̬̱̞̼͕͈̗͍̱̦͎̋͌́͗̒̒̀̈̊͗͊͗͑̈́̾͛̓̂̿̑̋̎̑̽͒̑̿̇̾͛͛͌͒̈̑͛̓̿̈́̊̀̃̑̀̈́̊̄͒͊͛̐͐̒̀̐̀̔͋̎̀͑̔̀̇͐̕̚͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͠͝͝͠ͅͅD̴̨̡̧̨̡̛̛͕̗̗̮̟̦̜͉̘̯͈̙̫̘̰̟̘͙̖͈̺̹̭̦̹͛̎͐̓̓͌͊͂͊̾́͒̍͛͋̓̿̈̏̂̈́͒̇̈́̓͐̀̋͒́͌͂̇͐̿͗̎͋̉̑̎͛̌͘̕͘͜͜͠͝A̷̧̢͔̜̰̯̭̬͇̣̱̠̬̩̞͙͇̣͖̪̱͕̹͇̺͍̱̤̤͓͋̽̏̄̎͑̓̂̽͑́̐̍͗͌̍͗̍͗̌̍̈́͘̚̚̚͝͝͝Ç̶̨̧̡̨̛̩͚̥͍͖̝͈̻̣̥͈͔̮̟͉̤͚̺̬̫̺͎̘̼̠̫͙̦̙̹̯̬̜͕̳͉̞̪͖͈̣͖̖̙̯͕̭̫̘̙͖̬̥͓̬̼̗͖̹̫̣̳̞̪̘̣͍̼̯̊̈́̉̈́̀̓̀̏̋̄̓͂͛́̋̓̃̍͊̎̎͒́͑͂̐̍́̔̈́̀̐̌͘͝ͅͅT̴̛͙͒̉̆̄̀̑̌̇̔̋͆̊̇̇̉͌͊́̚͘͠E̴̢̢̨̛̛͙̭̬̻͓͙̰̙̱̝̣̤̖͈̘̺̫͈̻̣̻̟͉̺̫̗͚̪͉̟̖͙̟̰̪͉̰̼͎̠̭̙̪̮̝̹̱̙̋̂̋̽̊͑̔̿̈́̋͗͂̐͒͛͗̑̎̉̂̎̄̎̚̕͜͜͜͝͝ͅͅͅͅḐ̶̢̧̢̧̱̰̩̭̜̖̯̹̭̰͖͈̺̗̝̟̗̯̰̭͉̺̼̮̠̤̜̪̱̬̝̹̫̪̻͇͕͉̟̹̯̬̫̙̗̹̬͕͕̯̥͎̻͖̭̃̆̋́͂͋̓̈͑͑̒̈́̀͐̉̒͛̿͛͆̕̚͘͜͜͝ͅͅͅͅͅ]̸̨̧̢̧̡̢̛̩̤̟̭͍͉̯͚̠̺̰̻̪͇͈̯̻̜̼͈̼̖̬̫͉̩͇̙̗̻͕̤͕͇̜̜̟̺̟͎̜͍͙̻̼̹͔͉̘̜͖̣̰͕͖̱̙̤͎̐̈́͋͐̄̍̋̌͊͌̆̓̃̊̊̓̄̏͛͒͂͛̍̆̏̇̍̔̍͗̌̐́̃̾̐̀̋̽̏̂͗̀͑̌̑̂̎̆̇̏̎̆̍̂̒̚͘͘̚͘̚͜͠͝͝͝ͅͅ

Same reason it does in EVE online. Your ships computer simulates it to give more sensory input to the pilot

Attached: 1541629751718.jpg (251x251, 51K)

>make robits
>profit
>robits are whack
>still profit, but dangerously
>everyone hates them now
>still profiting and doing more R&D to make more profit
Tri-Tachyon have the right idea

pathetic, you can still win in that situation simply because it's player vs AI, but you aren't even attempting.

Attached: 1374257780288.gif (187x155, 2.28M)

Attached: Base Profile Screenshot 2018.11.18 - 22.28.06.12.png (1920x1080, 1.13M)

>diabletards

homeworld and endless space soundtracks

You want to be cut by my blade too?

Attached: KUKuZId.webm (400x400, 151K)

For common ships, how many D-mods is your limit before you decide to just salvage it?

when you approach an enemy ship's range, shields up, or if you're fast enough, make evasive movements (better with phase ships)
do not engage more than one enemy (depending on your ship's size, ie: destroyers can take on frigates easily but have difficulties against other destroyers)
have ships specialize rather than be generalists, have your ships move together as a unit as to make use of each other's specialties, to effectively make them a superior combined force against a generalist fleet
frigates are not useless, keep a few around to harass larger ships to make larger threats easier to deal with

one, and only if that one is something minor like hull strength

The hazard rating is 100% because 100% of the survey teams havent come back. They must really like it down there...

>millions of beam weapons on a single ship
at last I truly see
and here's my dumb ass trying to fit them on smaller ships and thinking why they're so ineffective

>Get notification about Luddic Church invasion fleet.
>"Fairly Strong"
>Its 8 fucking onslaughts plus a bunch of cruisers and screens.
Fucking hell I only have one fucking battlecarrier.

>doing anything but blowing up pirates

the simple fact that it's a warcrime to nuke their worlds is a crime

Make money and get in fights.

Thats a disgusting amount of caesars. You could do better with an olympus or a TitanX

Gotchu covered senpai

Attached: Phase_ca[1].png (200x238, 100K)

>Luddic Church invasion
>Only 1 fleet, fairly strong don't worry about it
> I'll probably be able to defend with my tier 2 orbital and fleet
>tfw they sent ships bigger than my orbital station
and that was how my first playthrough of starsector ended

Attached: screenshot048.png (1920x1080, 940K)

How long until the next update? These threads make me want to play again but if there's nothing new to do, I'll get bored too soon again.

Correct me if im wrong but
>Midline: jack of all trades
>Low tech: muh dakka
>High tech: FUN

imperium bros give me a quick run down
I really like the legionary with targeting package and the dictator in general. Any other really good ships to look out for?

>play game wrong
>get mad
Amazing

Making your own ships is ultra end game, its supposed to literally be the last thing you can accomplish. You need a pristine forge, and you need to upgrade your colony a lot for it to be cost effective.

Phase lance is great on small ships, however! Particularly tempest.

Attached: Base Profile 2018.11.24 - 13.03.57.03.DVR.webm (1280x720, 417K)

Are those green ships modded or new? Never seen those before

I forgot what they were called but I think they're part of the luddic enhancement mod? which I promptly uninstalled, realizing making terrorists stronger isn't a good thing

Elite package or bust.

hes talking about Yea Forums and sseth followers. Cant tell if you are just trying to deflect that point or genuinely think that hes talking about the game itself.

Low Tech: Guns guns guns cannons
Mid Tech: MIssiles
High Tech: Lasers

How long will these threads last? When Sseth reviewed Fable, we had Fable threads for the following two-three weeks.

I'm not against them, I wouldn't have known about Starsector without them, just curious.

As soon as I can find it. Bought the armor package off the Bazaar and found the targeting package as a random drop from a research station

Modded. They're the updated Cathedral ships from the Ship/Weapon Pack, a mod everyone should have.

Midline is objectively worthless, it spends 70% of a fight unable to do anything.

Low tech is a bit of a misnomer because it gets the top end ballistic weapons and insane armor very early on, I honestly suspect its stronger than the high tech but you cant exactly make them fight.

High tech is great, but you need a metric fuckton of blueprints and you probably wont have them by the time you start a colony.

why the fuck does this retarded shit happens? how do I fix it?

Attached: screenshot002.png (1366x768, 129K)

People are gonna binge play it and then the threads will die out until the next update in like half a year.

>play the game non-stop for a week
>burn out on it
>no desire to play it anymore

Attached: 1564141747167.jpg (1440x900, 178K)

>Midline is objectively worthless, it spends 70% of a fight unable to do anything.
not the ships fault you're retarded.

Battle size, battles can only have 300 points by default including both sides. You can increase this number in the settings.

Now that this game is gaining traction maybe we'll get a rick and morty ship mod

It's based on comparative fleet size, as a way to compensate for limited battle size still giving the advantage to the larger force. Stop fighting massive hordes of enemies, and it will stop happening.

Is inverting the shift behavior really better? It feels kinda weird.

>can't freely move the camera during battles
what the FUCK

Attached: 1563677293614.png (760x839, 760K)

Oh I thought you were talking about stations.

But the same is still true, mid tech is meh.

ok, retard here, I downloaded the game and every mod sseth had. I am completely fucking lost on what to do. just tell me what to pick at start for easy playthrough. thanks.

Attached: farts.jpg (300x168, 8K)

I only like the elite package in the missile boats where they can shine and ammo runs out faster than their CR timer. other than taht the targeting package works bets on almost every ship, except on the carriers. Depending on what fighters they have, it might benefit them better the armor package.

Try the dominus, its the combination of the legionary and the sebastos and in the right hands its capable of killing bigger ships than itself.

the only smaller ship I would consider beams effective on is the sunder, it has both a large and two medium forward facing medium energy turret slots with the flux stats to back it up. since they are also quite cheap you can have a gang of 4 or more of them ganging on dudes animal style

Welcome to the yearly starsector cycle

>sethbabby
fuck off.

Freighter and shepherd.

>Phase lance is great on small ships, however! Particularly tempest.
>post a webm of a fight vs the weakest frigate
okay, you are just posting bait wembs, huh?

>needing others to tell you how to play a game
Holy shit grow the fuck up

high tecs are shit, change my mind
also why are all my legions suicidal fucks

>dominus
that a destroyer I'm assuming? Haven't seen one yet but I'll try it out when I do

It does the same thing to almost any frigate except a monitor. Try it yourself

so is the first couple hours of this game just fedexing shit around

thanks for not being a douche

Is there any reason why I SHOULDN'T equip my entire fleet with salamander rockets?

yes

>not exploring from day 1

Oh no, its a battlecruiser. If you want something a little bit bigger than the legionary, try the dictator. Its basically a very small onslaught without the speed boost.

Not every ship needs the enemy to not be moving

Yeah I've got two dictators, they're great. Can't really find the best guns to equip them with just yet. Not sure if I want to take the step up to capital ship just yet. Thanks for the suggestion either way.

what is "exploring" in this game, just roaming sectors and killing pirates or following those survey quests that are 2 billion miles away

finding a planet to chill on later when you're rich as fuck and can afford it

Does surveying planets advance time?

nope, its instant.

1. Take Scavenger
2. Accept exploration missions
3. No NOT accept missions which say "[planet/object] is some way from the star"
4. Travel there
5. Explore

Its fun.

How the fuck do Research Stations maintain orbit around a black hole if they're inside the event horizon?

You have autism, seek help

user.. I..

anyone got that portrait mod that got deleted?

So, on tankers/freighters

Militarized subsystems and expanded X

or

Efficiency overhaul and expanded X?

Kinda wanted to put survey package on my freighters but limited to 2 logistical hull mods shoots that down.

They aren't inside event horizons, duh.

Trying a carrier run for the 2nd time but they're so boring to fly, goddamn. Do they get any better lategame?

I have 3 just in reserve. The titans get butchered by drone defenses so i just wanted raw powah instead

Then why does my ship get FUCKED with the "Event Horizon" modifier when I approach?

just get a big fuck-off tanker and freighter and put in both subs and expands
what are you, poor?

Literal future magic.

>playing carriers
>not going to the front-line yourself and blasting shit with big guns instead of going pew pew with squadrons of fighters doing your dirty work for you
you tell me

I said TitanX. That's a different, more fun ship.

why use salamanders when you could use atropos torpedoes

No. They only "get better" by having more weapon mounts so you might as well just take a real capital that fights. Better to hand off big carriers to officers instead of wasting skillpoints yourself.

How do you even find a TitanX, I literally never see them

What mod? Not from imperium is it?

Astral is the only one in vanilla that has somewhat different gameplay, you also have to press system there in addition to picking new target. But yes, it's pretty bad as of now, I wish there was ability to directly tell your fighters what to do like in EVE for example.

>look for mods
>make sure they're up to date
>this happens whenever I try running them
what do

Attached: error.jpg (253x154, 23K)

Means you're near it not in it

simple, when you need to shit damage really fast you may want to use stronger missiles than just a pissy little rocket that just tickles the engines a bit

Delete Nex, its bad anyway

why is it bad?

How's my fleet looking so far?

Attached: 10895210665564176384_20190811204307_1.png (1920x1080, 557K)

>Implying you aren't doing that with the carrier.
Only plebs leave the carreers at the back.

Its on the ships/weapons mod. Specifically under the Bounties system. But if you have the console commands mod, i'm pretty sure you can spawn it by writing "addship ii_boss_titanx"

Does my game hate mods or what?

Attached: error2.jpg (350x154, 27K)

Is it vetter to specialize your fleet for trading/combat/etc or to have a little bit of everything?

you absolutely need militarized subsystem and expanded x, expanding your storage space also increases maintenance if you don't have militarized hull which will eat into your cargo space a lot due to increased supply need

>runs low-tech garbage
jesus christ get more mid-lines or high-tech
get rid of those flying garbage cubes, all they're good for is soaking damage and dying

pretty decent, though im not a fan of the enforcers

how are you installing the mods?

Because the entire map is going to get painted orange, of if you have any slightly OP mod factions, their color.

Its not like M&B map painting, where factions are fairly balanced and it takes a long time for things to change so you get some dynamics without it being overwhelming chaos, Nex rips all the factions a new one except for whichever has the most unbalanced ships, since that's all that matters.

Does your game run without any mods?

Kinda seems like you should do a new download and clean install of the game first, then redownload and test mods one by one.

Only run I had with Nex Sylphon was first faction to be eliminated, and I'm not sure there's anything nearly as broken as them.

>Lots of reapers and reaper launchers.

Attached: OhIlAUEC_400x400.jpg (400x400, 26K)

Can the big ones have more than 2 hull mods? Fact of the matter is it took me forever just to find a couple mid tankers and I haven't seen any of the big freighters.

Right, but I saw that MS increased crew needed and wonder which was more economical. Though the added burn is nice too I suppose

The enforcers?

Exactly like the website told me to, I've learned that only certain mods don't work for me for some reason:
>Interstellar Imperium
>Shadowyards
>Ship/Weapon pack
If I disable those mods, it seems to work.

Attached: mods.jpg (500x373, 67K)

You need to do a clean reinstall of the game to reset some base files that mods often edit and delete the mod folder that's currently in the install folder and put it back together with fresh downloads of the mods. Its a little annoying but its how you get things to work cleanly.

Buy the largest cargo ship you can, buy the largest fuel ship you can (one large > two smaller).

Then the rest is literally just your combat ships.

You dont really make 'specialist fleets in SS. You can tweak them for certain purposes, i.e. you could put solar panels and sensors for exploration on your ships, but you dont need to.

weird. Try to play without shadowyards, because i have all those mods but that one in my game and it plays fine.

>the slow bricks that will never get into a fight and when they do they promptly explode
yes
no but you shouldn't be using them for fighting in the first place
if you want more storage for stuff just get the ship that has the most storage for it and pimp it out to not be a piece of garbage that eats your resources and makes you a big target

is more about the developer/s catering to the new democraphic and balancing the game towards them, making a game aimed for shitters is never a good idea

what? that has never happened in the game and alex has no reason to do so.

havn't heard of shadow yard, try removing that.

FUCK
OFF
WITH YOUR INVISIBLE TELEPORTING LASER SHIPS

who cares you autist

>make a game for fun and make a few bucks off of it
>some new cunts come in and demand you change the game
>you're doing this for fun so you tell them to fuck off
probably how it's going to pan out if that is the case

Oh, i think i know what happened. Did you download all the libraries that the mods need? shadowyards and II also needs GraphicsLib

Alex literally gives no shits about anyone or anything, he just does Alex

If you passed the event horizon you wouldn't be coming back. Once you go black (or further), you never go back (according to outside relative observer).

You're actually retarded

help

which is better, trade legally or black market?

>flies behind you
Pffft, nothing personal kid
>Bzzzzzzzzzz

they have trouble dealing with groups, so don't go alone

This fixed my issue, much appreciated user.

Attached: 1563128579449.jpg (1326x1080, 229K)

black market
what are they gonna do, get mad? they'd love you again if you give them token needed goodies in the normal market while you smuggle their heroine and kidneys in the black market

Fighters

Carriers/Fighters overwhelm teleporting vessels

Do derelict stations ever respawn or am I essentially not able to get certain blueprints depending on how well I roll on salvaging them?

Black always, the penalties are negligible, just dont get caught with banned stuff or they steal it.

Plus that 30% difference is huge.

yeah because it totally hasn't happend before

Don't listen to the others, be a good Hegemony citizen and sell to the legal and fair public market. Also please report any smugglers you come across, thank you.

>newfag who never heard about SS a few weeks ago thinks he has valid opinion on a game which is 7 years old with a based developer who doesnt give a shit about what others think about the game
Fuck off newfag

>JESUS CHRIST A SMASH THREAD DIED FOR THIS YOU RETARDS
Good

Attached: 44504176_1940197286025869_2958042988636274688_n.jpg (960x720, 37K)

More like gay-alimony am i right

abandon colony and move bro

Reinstalled since these threads and forgot the name of a ship mod that had some sweet ass red guys that were LONG and a ship that had a giant laser canon in the center

Rate my fleet anons

Attached: fleet.png (1003x961, 465K)

Anybody wanna help me mod my game for a vanilla expansion feel? I love that scavenging-fringe-industry life. Don't hold my hand, just throw some names at me and I'll poke around.

Attached: a92.jpg (600x466, 54K)

>I have no idea what starsector really is because I bought it three days ago

>meanwhile, the military surplus buys all my shit, illegal or otherwise
hegememeony is a joke

fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

Throw 2 hammerheads or falcons in escorted by lr pd frigs for a vanguard that can punish over-extenders. Medusas kind of do it but they're not quite as dpsy and are better for skirmishes

>implying you were one of the 3 people that played the game before the video dropped

pretty good, but your ships loadouts need work, your eagle the most.

>Luddic enhancement
>ship/weapon pack
>imperium shipyards
>legacy of arkgneisis
>shadowyards
>nexerelin (if you want unique systems and faction dynamics)
>console commands mod (for cheating or testing)
>mayasuran navy
Check em all out, pick and choose. Seriously recommend imperium and ship/weapon pack though.

>Yea Forumscore game with continuous threads for years
Holy fuck piss off you fucking shittid refugee

There's a reason for that, read the tooltip.

its shit

So how exactly do you go about getting a new good ship

>shitty gremlin is the only survivor from a clash with pirates
>it tries to run
>right before it is able to retreat one of it's engines shorts out and when it starts doing it's retreating burn on one engine it does a donut right back into my fleet

Attached: 1533950407532.png (2000x1404, 327K)

I'm not really sure what I should be building on them so mainly been using the autoshit

Ships and weapons modpack. Junk pirates. Vayra's sector. Mayasuran navy. Maybe underworld.

auto shit is okay for complete beginners, but please make a better loadout at least for the ship you fly as you can take full advantage of it.

I understand being a little lost if you're unfamiliar with these games but
>for an easy playthrough
come on, just pick something that sounds like you'll be interested in it.

keep your fleet small and speedy until you got the hang of commanding a fleet. and i don't mean just burn speed, in combat speed is important if you get into a sticky situation. plus if you have the speed advantage you can always poke at them until they die or give up

I fucking swear to God an Imperium planet just up and fucking vanished. I can't find that damn thing. I NEED my Caesar.

>Nuke pirate's planet
>Everyone disliked that
Why was that allowed? There should be no downside from nuking criminals.

>had this happen to me
it was terrifying

level up the industry skill that reduces the chance of ships having d mods, this gives you a reasonable chance for salvageable ships to not be fucked.

You can also derelict hunting but the odds of getting something you want is basically none

you can also check out a (military) world and see if it has the ships you want for sale, if it does start deepthroating those guys and join up when they'll sell their stuff to you

that just sounds like fedex quests with extra steps

what.
Maybe they got conquered by another faction? Either way, the ones on Ex Vis are always there.

>killing tens of millions of people
>why u so upset?
Okay space Hitler

Sweet thanks user

>new to game
>take baby steps and do easy mode and tutorial
>get really into game and start establishing colonies
>remember im on easy mode still
>feel like I cheated myself
>go to war with everyone and go William T. Sherman until I get overwhelmed
A humble normal mode bounty hunter life feels better

Except its more fun and how would you know you haven't even played the game

Sounds like it got decivilized long enough for the colony to break down.

Sell any blueprints you find to the black market
Losing 30% of a 500,000 credit blueprint fucking hurts
For trade goods the difference is negligible after the early game

It's a little confusing at first but in the vein of EvE online, it's better to specialize ships than to make every ship try to do everything.

I tend to put long range pd stuff on quick frigates to keep fighters off my shit. Then I use carriers with fighters to trash on frigates. Finally I use fast cruisers with shitloads of deeps and shield to just sprint at enemies out of position. Destroyers can kinda do whatever you need, I usually have them with long range weapons to pick frigates and bombers.

does anyone else have any experience with the game crashing occasionally whenever you try to save? This happens even when I completely unmod the game too

>everyone is a pirate on a pirate GOVERNED planet
all those women and children....

java
java wants more ram
give java more ram

No, but if I have the game on for too long (6+ hours) it might crash

Never, that sucks user. Maybe try reinstalling in a different location?

I get ultra slow saves after playing for hours at a time

Java a bitch

>leave game on overnight by accident
>come back and try to save
>it takes 10 mins

holy fuck

Attached: void.webm (1280x720, 2.6M)

I already gave it 4gbs. How much more does it need?

They are vermin. Order has its price.

>Try to save
Why, why would you do that

It happens because java. You can go into the vmparams and increase the limit on its RAM usage to help stave it off a little longer but the best way really is to get the autosave mod that reminds you every 15 minutes to try and save to minimize the risk and make it so crashes don't end up being 2 hours of progress lost.

>Sell any blueprints you find to the black market
Lol no.

give the game more ram, or -no joke- store all but one of your ships and save. For some reason the number of ships in your fleet factor in the save time.

If i use a random start, can i potentially start with doom?

yeah, go for it

idk, with 4 gigs I never crash, might be smth else

already poking around at that, wanted people's personal suggestions for balanced interesting content
thanks guys. I keep seeing people say they have Nex but fuckin every time it's brought up people say it's bad.
Is this a serious issue? While I like conquest and stuff, having it happen really fast is less fun than just not having it.

I started saving after every fight and trade quest after it started happening and it still occasionally crashes. I guess it's something different from ram usage if that's the main factor

I do not think so, the random start is supposed to be "weaker" than either of the quick starts so it's either simply not possible or has some kind of point cost associated with it that can't happen

is the hegemony dominator a good ship? I like it because it does pack a punch and can take a hit. I built it to be piloted by me and to be a bit faster. my only issue is that I get SUPER fucked by fighters and missles. I have 2 hellbore cannons and 2 heavy autocannons to smash shields. Then I have two vulcans on the back two slots to maybe shoot down missles doing for my engines?

I also don't know which mods to really put in so I just have system override, heavy armor, targeting core auxillary thrusters. I can get in the grill of other ships and stay there but I can't last in long fights because I rely on my armor more than my shields. Short fights I can usually survive and win. Long fights, I usually die.

Do you guys normally keep ships you recover after battle?

What are best mods for low-tech ships?
I just want to smash my enemies with Freudian caliber artillery while not worrying about having OP shit in my game.

>Is this a serious issue?
Not really and even if one faction conquers the other, Nexerelin has the option of "reviving" the dead factions but you have to activate it in the start of your game.

The longer you play in a single sitting basically builds up a soft memory leak when trying to save. More available memory really just makes it take longer for the issues to start to kick in. Strangely like combat readiness for ships...

everything you sell on the black market gets used to power up pirates

here's a tip, have other ships cover your weaknesses

Get an officer with Impact Mitigation 3 and Evasive Action 3 to really push your armor, or get those skills yourself.
Run more PD. You have no footing to complain about fighters and missiles when all you're running are two Vulcan Cannons. Low tech ships are covered in mounts specifically for you to put PD weapons in them.
If you're running Safety overrides, then you want guns that are good in close range. Heavy Autocannons are passable, but Hellbores are not. Devastator Cannons are great for SO Dominators since they're both great in close range and double as PD.

Attached: screenshot063.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)

They were selling a pair of Dominus when I returned, how do you outfit yours? Autofit reccomended 3 of the fragmentation chainguns but it didn't seem very good in testing so I replaced one with anti armor and one with anti shield

Attached: screenshot062.png (1920x1080, 1.81M)

How the fuck am i suppose to deal with this? Its become common that my enemies have a shit ton of Paragons and Onslaughts

Attached: 7Onslaughts.png (905x762, 94K)

I have a dominator as my main gunship, in my experience targeting and auxiliary thrusters are mandatory mods, the missile and fighter problem solves itself with more vulcan point defence, i have all but 2 slots filled with vulcan PD, i think its the only 2 redundant slots at the front. You will always want more vents than more flux capasity becouse recovering FAST is always better than shooting a bit more and leaving yourself open to attacks later.As for weapons, in the dominator you will want a conbination of both anti-armor and anti-shield, your main targets will be the big ships anyway, i have 2 hephestus autogun on the big slots and 2 heavy autocannon, as for misiles, 1 savot pod in case those shields are too hard and 2 typhoon reaper for great damage when theres an oportunity

Also if you are ever in trouble, boost the fuck out of there

I hope you're good at fighting capitals, unless you're ready to kite/avoid them to pick off the faster ships. Having ships fast enough to flank the Onslaughts make it a lot easier. Throwing more fighters at them should work too, only exception are the Devastator Dual Flak ones.

Attached: i didnt get any xiv.png (553x602, 318K)

what would be a better option over hellbores? I only have hell boars because I wanted something the packs a punch in close range? Should I get assault chain guns?

Is not as hard as you think, they can't send all 7 at the same time so i would worry more about how long is that battle going to be, that's the reason i slap hardened subsystems to every ship i can

what is the best age for a seed?

I think I'm done with my first easy playthrough
it's a fun game but pretty linear
give me your list of mods Yea Forums

I'd change the sagittarius for a dual flak canon or another kinetic weapon because the sagittarius isn't a good gun for point defense I'd also change the missiles that you have for typhoons or something similar. Also try to get better fighters; the ones the imperium has are... underwhelming.

I was thinking of running two pike escort fighter or some other PD oriented fighter and just having 3 DPS up front instead of any flak

sneed.

Would it be fun to just add a shitload of factions and have them duke it out with nexerelin? I wouldn't really care if 3 or 4 factions got wiped out if i still had 5 or 6

Attached: 1542021623638.jpg (960x800, 65K)

Your call. I usually have my fighters as bombers, so i can't really tell you how useful they are as defenders, but the dominus can take the heat with no problem.

well
i took out an onslaught with it, so it cant' be terrible right?
This is a fun ship

only if you write it up as a let's play/AAR

That's what I do when I'm done with vanilla. I get a bunch of mods and see all the fleets in hyperspace, it can be pretty hectic when you have like a dozen more systems in the core worlds throwing invasion fleets at each other. You can also set factions to have a limited or infinite amount of respawns with Nexerelin iirc, just to give some factions as many mulligans as you want.

yeah. If you can take an onslaught, then nothing will kill you.

How do I escort effectively anons, should I just get some small carriers and set them to escort my big ship?

>spend 30 minutes meticulously kitting out a new ship, demolishes absolutely everything I simulate it against
>almost immediately run into a fleet twice my fleet's size that I can't get away from
>have to watch my entire fleet disintegrate under the weight of 50 fighters
And the ship I made STILL fucking held its own, took down two carriers and survived 30 seconds of sustained fire from 5 ships when its shields and engines went down

but why does this happen every fucking time? This is the problem with Starsector, the scalability. There is no having a good fight. Either you completely dominate the opponent or the opponent completely dominates you, with no in-between.

This is the system that needs to be fixed, the thing that keeps this from being a game and pushes it into sandbox territory. There are no systems within the game designed to keep you facing content that will give you a good challenge but not overwhelm you. The game doesn't go "let's see, the player has four frigates and a destroyer, let's not send the gigantic fleet after it, here's a pirate bounty with six frigates and a destroyer that'll give you enough money to buy a ship or two".

Like the path to success in this game is just going off to bumfuck nowhere, discovering a nice planet, and colonizing it so that you can have infinite money and infinite ships and overwhelm your opponent with superior firepower every time. There's no combat progression. You're winning or you aren't. I've tried so many times to do the "plucky freelancer works his way up to a cruiser" thing but it makes a thousand times more sense to just buy a freighter, go and discover a planet with 2000 heavy armaments, and sell that shit for millions.

Gameplay is the thing that's missing. Logical, intentional, progressive gameplay.

what skills should I be aiming for?

Seems neat. As a final question, anyone with direct experience have input on Dassault? It has so much content but I repeatedly see people calling it bad. What's its deal?

just set one or two Cruisers on what you want to protect, it should be okay as long as your Cruiser isn't low-tech shit

>start a new game
>go to some system in fucknowhere
>find a bunch of derilicts
>fucking pristine nanoforge, synchrotron, at least 8 blueprints and 3 alpha cores
>right as im taking my haul out i see 5 fleets jump into the system
>it was apparently a pirate stronghold
>get merked
>quit

Attached: 1538656407174.jpg (1000x1000, 260K)

How do I increase the range of my sensor burst outside of building a sensor array?

git gud.

fleetwide skills
skills that increase combat readiness
rest just pick what sounds good
ignore industry unless you regularly lose ships

>bought my first carrier
I can finally kill stuff

Attached: 1547596873864.gif (360x360, 498K)

Depends on what you want. About half the combat stuff is OP as fuck, you can essentially turn any ship into something one rank stronger. Science has some good stuff, 10% ordinance points is a lot, the ECM and fleet speed ones are IMO mandatory. More commanders means more OP ships.

They are overpowered by a wide margin. This is especially bad if you want to use Nexerelin because they'll just dominate.

go dark and transverse jump.

this games combat ai need some serious revamp
my onslaughts just chill back there doing fucking nothing

I just got into it, is the only way to get new ships is to scavange them from batles or can I buy them from somewhere? also how do I get those small fighters?

>he makes money with the time-consuming and boring method of exploration contracts
>he doesn't be a smuggler/trade raider and do VERY naughty illegal things (supplying terrorists with armaments, selling drugs and anonymously attacking trade lines for shit you can sell yourself)
more fun than just cruising in hyperspace with nothing happening in-between and getting slapped by stoms

I am gud, that's the problem. I left that failed battle with over two million credits and instantly bought my way back up. When you're gud at the game you realize that there's no point doing anything but trading for 10 minutes then going off to become ultra-wealthy so you can overwhelm whatever you fight with five capital ships.

Not exploration contacts. Just exploring. Syncrotron cores in ruins, caches of 2000 heavy armaments in abandoned stations, stuff like that. And when you're done you'll have a nice list of class V planets to colonize.

Trading's just what you do until you can get your fleet big enough to actually carry all this lucrative stuff.

the AI is surprisingly good

>playing easy mode
>not jumping in a frigate and being an annoying cunt while your other ships go to town on whatever you're harassing

>I am gud
>caught by a fleet twice your size
no

yeah you can buy and sell ships at any market. When you get to any market, Press F (for Fleet) and it'll take you to the fleet menu, you can sell ships (for a shit price) or buy ships.
You can get really good ships at military planets.

That makes sense. I read through his faq and it was like "I BALANCE FOR ME AND I WANT FUN" while every other modder is like "I try to achieve the best balance possible"

hard pass, thanks user

Attached: 1541849012798.jpg (172x292, 12K)

Use paragon/astral/your own onslaught with anti-armor setup. Anything sub-capital simply doesn't have enough damage to kill all this shit without falling asleep, at least in vanilla.

>playing it non-stop for a week
>STILL make mistakes where I keep trying to right-click to chart a new course on the solar system view

Attached: 1542697841523.jpg (600x822, 144K)

fucken why is it reversed on the map and overworld man

was it just me or did Yea Forums just go down for like 15 minutes.

yeah

>main menu tip is
'onslaught was a mistake'
>smile and click next tip
'remember to change the laundry
>realize i forgot to pop my clothes into the dryer today
fuck man

Attached: why.jpg (600x642, 39K)

new touhou killed it

Devastators are the best. I'd argue that it's not worth running SO Dominator without them.

>Degenerate Portrait pack exists for version 0.8
>Xenoit1 on the forum makes a version for 0.9
>Community autist shows up and spergs out over people adding waifu portraits to his mods
>thread locked and Xenoit1's link dead
>Message him over discord he sends me a copy
>I duplicate and rename the player.faction file for almost every mod faction compatible with 0.9 and several that aren't
Here's the link lads. Now every mod should get weebed up. dropbox.com/sh/j3jpdria4ngdg95/AABU1EbXm5SKyody-1mTfG9Ia?dl=0

Attached: waifus.jpg (1920x1080, 322K)

???

Sabots are so ridiculously OP I don't even understand what the purpose of half the other missiles is. Especially on a small slot - I can run four Sabots with expanded racks for twenty fucking four shots of pure homing AoE death unloaded in about five seconds, or I could run a single-shot torpedo that does less damage and misses.

Attached: 584.png (884x903, 309K)

thanks

Attached: Sakuya (1).jpg (600x600, 174K)

The mirving looks so good too.

based

How many cute boys does it have

Zero, there are no homos in space.

Then why does Hegemony exist?

Then why does Tri-Tachyon exist?

Then why does the Sindrian Diktat exist?

What is ECM? I can't find it in the Fleet/Refit screens

Then why do you exist?

Then why does OP exist?

Penalty to enemy range.

Then why do the pirates exist?

Makes sense. Now you know if the Electronic Warfare skill debuffs enemy range all the time or only when you drop a sensor array?

I think it's a static effect. Tactical map widgetry increases it if you cap it. System map stuff gives you flat bonuses that you can check on tooltip.

>found 4 different capital ship blueprints
I had to sell one of them to fund my colonies. IRC it was a high tech blueprint worth 700k

>i had to sell one of them
you have made a terrible mistake

Attached: 1558751827490.png (1034x553, 349K)

Astral with 6 cobras and 2~ herons with fighters to draw fire.

My first priority in every new game is get 1 of each big supply ships so i can start traing, i make thousands almost instantly and millions when i get my hands on other supply ships

You know what REALLY needs to be remade? Retreating. It literally doesn't matter, when you really need to retreat you will always end up with half your ships being obliterated if you are unlucky, all of them but one if you are unlucky, might as well just quit right there becouse half your game you expended it buying and refiting those ships you just lost

>sold one
please tell me not on the black market?

Attached: 1562917682122.png (156x104, 12K)

Then why do I exist?

Thanks bro.

>it's mount and blade(warband) in space
Sounds like X3?

Of course it was on the black market.

Congratulations user you unlocked the secret hard mode for pirates

Attached: 1557621452814.jpg (1200x1200, 333K)

Lube up

>start out with a small ship
>barely any fuel
>can't carry shit
But if I use bigger ships I'm mind numbingly slow, wanted to make a colony so I dind thave to pay taxes to store stuff but I can't even carry that much crew let alone buy them.

not him but i sold onslaught to diable on the nig market
am i still fucked?

your fucked bro

Top ten posts before absolute distaster:

Well, fuck. I just lost like two hours of play where i had some pretty good blueprints.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

On the bright side, i forced myself to edit the autosave mod to do its job properly and not only tell me how much time i've been playing without saving.

Is there any way to autosurvey all of the sectors? I'm tired of rerolling only to not find any good planet near the core worlds.

You killed civilians that were pressed into service by pirates or enslaved to work in their factories, you imbecile.

It can't be that bad. How are they going to produce those ships?

The REASON the PIRATES have SHITTY SHIPS is because they CAN'T MAKE those SHIPS.
YOU just let the PIRATES have the BLUEPRINTS to BUILD those SHIPS!!!!

>he doesn't stock up on high class prisoners until he has 40 of them to become best buddies with pirates
>he doesn't sell the spare Paragon blueprints to watch Pirates wreak havoc on Hegemony cucks on their way to your sector for penis inspection day
>he doesn't have his orbital forces ready to dab on Hegemony inspectors instead of paying them like some whipped cuck
It's nice to not have to worry about pirate activity on my colonies. Even when the warning shows up it also says it doesn't do anything.
Even nicer that I can have AI technology out the ass to make my Divine Kingdom as prosperous as the Domain era were

Attached: D9KDpebXUAA59CF.jpg (413x550, 29K)

At their Military colonies, or any colony with heavy industry, you knucklehead

>good looking men all are homosexuals
That is some top tier uggo cope.

Unfortunately no. The best thing we have is the console commands mod which lets you use the command 'goto' to travel instantly to whatever you have selected to travel to.

So you can travel from sector to sector quickly and see whats in it, then just scan whatever terran worlds you find.

It takes about 20 to 30 minutes to just do all the stars around the core worlds speaking from experience. Or 10 if you just focus on yellow stars which are the most common for habitable worlds.

So no problem if they don't have heavy industries.

>getting caught by another fleet
>EVER
uuuhh
_____________________git gud___________________

Attached: 1565157967567.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

I'm doing an analyze equipment cache mission and I can't for the life of me find this fucking thing. It says it's far away from the star, but how far can they actually go? It doesn't help that a doomfleet of pirateniggers is doing donuts in the system for no fucking reason, making debris fields from convoys and giving me false positives on every sensor readout.

Even with blueprints, how are pirates able to build these things? They can't even build Atlases, and have to steal/salvage their A mkIIs.

not really. the game just auto spawns them, just like how it does it with your colony fleets.

Sorry, yellow/orange stars.

Everything else is very very unlikely to have any good worlds.

You can also use the console to activate devmode and then just teleport around with ctrl+lmb. Or maybe it was shift+lmb, I don't remember.

so you be saying we dealing with pirates no matter which planet we be selling them prints on

Yeah, this as well. It's utterly ridiculous when I can be orbiting a friendly or allied station and some group of guys can just charge in, I click "retreat", and apparently my entire fleet is now completely exposed with no support from the station, surrounded on all sides.

Why is engaging a powerful fleet literally ALWAYS better than retreating? It makes no sense.

>get Followers of Borken mod
>console command to see how their AI controlled ships fare against AI controlled Paragon
>None of them can beat the Toilet Seat of Lasers and Shields
Funny how the most unbalanced ship doesn't even have to be modded into the game.

Attached: 1559717419361.png (380x185, 80K)

You probably won't be able to get it on time in conditions like that, unless you savescum and check every direction.

You have to use the neuro sensor thing to find any mission objective which says its far from the star.

I have literally never found one, even using it.

Good luck.

Starsector mods tend to be the direct opposite of the typical mod stereotypes of mod additions being overpowered and gamebreaking. Most mod ships and weapons are in many ways inferior to vanilla ships with some exceptions that only shine in player hands.

I don't know about cute, but it kinda annoyed me how all the male portraits were faceless, so I had to make my own.

Attached: 1539765290066.png (1092x625, 697K)

So a pirate start and selling blueprints to them = easy mode?

ffs, savescum it is. At least I found a class V world, not that I can colonize since I'm at the edge of the universe (which once again beggars the question as to why there is a fucking GIANT PIRATE FLEET out here despite there being no pirate base).

Nice I like it

My XIV ship spends most of the time sitting in my colony

Oh my fucking god I wasted SO MANY FUCKING HOURS

thank you though

There might be a pirate base in one of the systems nearby, they aren't constrained by fuel and supply usage like the player is, so the ai fleets can do quite a bit of trekking across the sector.

Let me put it another way. Doing what it takes to avoid enemy fleets isn't fun. I know HOW to do it. I HAVE done it, on multiple occasions. But why? I'm just flying to another base to see if they have any ships I want. Why do I have to have Transverse Jump, Go Dark, turn off my transponder, why do I have to do any of that just to fly to another port to see what they've got?

Even implying it requires skill exposes you as a drooling moron. It's the easiest thing in the world. It's just slow, and doing it properly eats up a bunch of skill points that you could be spending on other things. It's fun when you're entering a danger sector and carefully tiptoeing around redacted to get at their sweet, sweet bounty, but it adds nothing to the gameplay in civilized systems.

who /junkpirates/ here

I've made a small update for the degenerate pack to be compatible with: Blue, Tyrador Safeguard Coalition, Fringe Defence Syndicate and Tiandong Heavy Industries.
Only Blue is .9.1a compatible so redownload if you use that faction. Otherwise the others are included so if they get updated or you're retarded enough to use .9.0 mods they'll be compatible immediately.

>But why?
So you don't get caught and have to take fights you can't win. The rest of your word salad need not be read.

Um

Can someone please explain why I just found this

Attached: 4354536456765.png (1916x1080, 727K)

potentially, im not sure how it works.

I love fighting the Imperium until they bring out the big nuke
That thing is NUTS

because you put them in there 0/10 bait

Why are the modders cucks tho?

you know what to do, user

Attached: 1547699587033.jpg (500x555, 18K)

"Ludic Path cells active: Player Colony"
What do? I literally have no industry there, only farming and I just started ruin salvage.

Faction relations started going weird after I got my colonies. Why is it that they randomly get upset?

visit your bar, pay some bitch 10,000 to betray her people and go blow up a spacestation half the galaxy away

What's the deal with (D) ships? Pls explain

I didn't know there was a step between corrupted and pristine.

Hire and agent and command them from the intel screen agent tab to travel to your planet and once they arrive, infiltrate the luddic cell. If you have Nexerelin, I don't know if agents are even present in vanilla and if you can destroy the cells any other way than finding the station they spawn from. You could talk to someone at the bar in your colony and he might tip you off as to its location.

They've been damage so badly that repairs can't fix them. They need an entire new hull which costs more than find the same ship without D-mods minus actually finding it

Got it.

So that's how it is. Thanks, user.

I literally did not. I only just started playing and found them in a derelict cargo ship outside my colony.

I ignored it and loaded an older save, obviously something broke.

The don't like the competition and suspect you're cheating
The factions that get angry generally should be the ones whose economies you're damaging through your colony's products.
I've definitely noticed everyone gets pissy when I start churning out massive amounts of fuel.

>try pirate start
>move to a random sector
>a pirate suddenly attacks me and I get -80 relations with pirates
Nice mod

Nobody wants their faction to be the mary sue, man. I like all my modded factions to struggle against the base factions. It just feels right.

>install new faction mod
>there are more organs and drugs on the open market than the black market

Attached: 1519705926224.jpg (884x1092, 181K)

>after in game years my colony finally leveled up to 4
FINALLY
IT'S ALL UPHILL FROM HERE LADS

may your ports be open, and your industry high, user.

The other factions will get butthurt if you are successful.

Are there any text quests in this game?

How did it take you that long? Did you just not upgrade your spaceport?

>set a colony in a system with a domain cryosleeper
>size 4 in days
>size 7 in weeks
>size 9 in months
my colony is more populous than the entire sector at this point

I had it out in the middle of nowhere (first world I found worth it)
Pirates set up tents in my system
I had a Hegemony commission and they were always at war with at least two factions, reducing accessibility
I was using some random administrator I'd found in a cryotank figuring that was best, even though she only had the -upkeep costs ability while my PC had the +accessibility penalty
I didn't realize I had a stable enough income to dump 50k on funding growth alla time.
etc
I was sitting on .39% growth or -5% for months

I set my colonies in the edge of the sector since there was a class V and a bunch of class IV planets clustered.

wondering if someone could give me a quick rundown on what weapons/ships I should be on the lookout for the mid/early game

Attached: 1552190081578.jpg (1800x1200, 196K)

can you make a profit selling to the spawning pirate and luddic bases? i go over and all the prices are dogshit, its such a long trip too.

Attached: 1565356546742.jpg (1041x1772, 518K)

Sunders for yourself
Carriers and Cruisers for your officers
It's that simple

Get low tech or midline ships, safety override, fill with as many reapers and Ludd Akbar

So since we learned today selling blueprints on the black market gives pirates better ship designs, what else should a noobie learn before they get dicked hard?

Attached: 1496647135589.png (1020x822, 1.2M)

never buy/sell on the open market

Tri-tach best faction

Open market is for nerds. If you plan to be doing trading of any sort work by stockpiling your goods in the abandoned mining station in Corvus. Check the market data for good places to sell and only take out what you're going to be selling, illegal or not, that way when you get there and shove everything out onto the black market there's nothing you could possibly lose from a search besides a couple points of reputation.

Just to avoid taxes or for some other reason?

I wish someone made something like this for all the mod faction added weapons. It's fucking overwhelming just how many arms mods add.

Is putting a bunch of lasers beams on my ship viable or am I better off with ballistic?

>market data
tell me more user, I usully just sold or bought based on shared knowledge from /biz/

Ballistics + high explosive.