Beta, Cancelled, Cut content

Beta, Cancelled, Cut content

Attached: mario_sunshine02.jpg (320x247, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tcrf.net/Team_Fortress_2/Unused_Sounds#Dominating_a_Soldier
overwatch.fandom.com/wiki/Project_Titan
youtube.com/watch?v=dILZBoZSLKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oqg4ub5ao9s
youtube.com/watch?v=cGq3RG6selQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lWoLVBNjjPo&list=PLhHcMbVmbwCdYgDcW5-Ai5lXAqPAWihPc&index=11&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=CowgcaT8Xrg
tcrf.net/Prerelease:Super_Mario_Sunshine#Bianco_Hills
youtube.com/watch?v=CSw3YUnsCz4
youtube.com/watch?v=O2e1DVbhTgg
youtube.com/watch?v=YE3B9t5B5lA
strawpoll.me/18463333
youtube.com/watch?v=b1TPP-U6lb8
youtube.com/watch?v=JDJZsUT1b0M
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTXMjYve048
youtube.com/watch?v=k3ueAKqHwRY
youtube.com/watch?v=OiE_gMtJ_Uw
youtu.be/cpTLXvHT8rE?t=629
youtu.be/kJf3eHbjoZM
youtube.com/watch?v=IgE3X64YWOE
youtube.com/watch?v=MyFleT8Zw7Q
tcrf.net/Final_Fantasy_III_(Nintendo_DS)/Unused_Text
youtube.com/watch?v=jGUv8PyPnPM
tcrf.net/Proto:Mario_Kart_DS/USA_kiosk_demo
youtu.be/uflPgiiBa6g
cardsagaswars.wordpress.com/2018/07/01/csw-update-2/
youtu.be/KYX3hBgv_Ak
youtu.be/WkxpLVYoz1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=FrD5l7lHB_o
youtube.com/watch?v=kdKlvjOQn-s
youtube.com/watch?v=xxJbz_3PKQo
twitter.com/IndivisibleRPG
youtube.com/watch?v=GonGJZeu-kA
youtube.com/watch?v=s-X8C_8nJQ4
tcrf.net/Deus_Ex
tcrf.net/Life_Force_(Arcade)
youtube.com/watch?v=MO7Fls5ti_8&t=542s
youtube.com/watch?v=Fr-YhHdeyDA
youtube.com/watch?v=hjUSNZ6Abtk
youtube.com/watch?v=xAfVUHro3sQ
crashbandicoot.fandom.com/wiki/Crash_Landed
thisweekinpinball.com/the-twipys/
youtube.com/watch?v=-ZcqZwEi5P0
crashmania.net/en/games/crash-bandicoot-the-wrath-of-cortex/unused-content/early-prototype/
youtu.be/ivwgE_t8a5s
youtube.com/watch?v=OOeW4r3rAQk
youtube.com/watch?v=5JyiaPhLkeM
youtube.com/watch?v=x_kvZPW6yFc
youtube.com/watch?v=VzuN_RUddl4
youtube.com/watch?v=gzsLrcTNfO8
youtube.com/watch?v=POZEB-H_k_0
pastebin.com/txN5zY0X
youtube.com/watch?v=donW3DefifY
youtube.com/watch?v=HdDdFCcGYGg
youtube.com/watch?v=jrJig54ptAY
youtube.com/watch?v=DgRUJqrBVIM&list=PLaVnKYYesWo99U_C4N-4xvRsVpwwYcXAP
youtube.com/watch?v=QVIlUoKnJHc
youtube.com/watch?v=uflPgiiBa6g
youtube.com/watch?v=e2SjHGjfsP4
youtube.com/watch?v=x1sHMKI4UKU
youtube.com/watch?v=kFWRkj0UQKM
youtube.com/watch?v=C_dFsE0TUdY
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/391009710309900288/609263728243900416/MA_Assets.rar
lostmediawiki.com/Stage_Debut_(cancelled_Nintendo_GameCube_game;_2002-2004)
youtube.com/watch?v=-B4JIHh5Jqk
youtu.be/Y_DSfjAdhlU
youtube.com/watch?v=Z4fSuvmKD9A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I remember when I was like 12 and the game was about to release.
A videogame mag in my country had some pictures in it and showed a flying petey piranha head using torpedos or some shit, I only remember it because I spent days trying to find that mini-boss

do you know what issue number or the name of the magazine was?

I remember trying so hard to get a green Yoshi because it was in early screenshots but I don't believe you could.

Attached: SA1_SegaSaturn_PrototypeScreen2.jpg (600x800, 42K)

its impossible to get a green yoshi without cheating.

Attached: file.png (640x480, 568K)

Almost 18 years ago bud.

want to bet some turbo autist has the saturn build of adventure 1 somewhere and just isnt saying it? we know someone has the saturn shenmue but theyre hiding it

For some reason it feels nice to finally have closure on this.

is okay user, i promise. it is in fact programmed in, but for a functional reason its not in-game. each yoshi has an ability right? what would a green one provide other than being green?

>we don't live in the timeline where this was Sonic's jump to 3D instead
I really just want a Sonic game like in that upper left pic. If only Sega hadn't combined their traditional 3D Sonic and Sonic rpg projects together.

Attached: 1540235530710.jpg (480x358, 25K)

>what would a green one provide other than being green?
he could shoot eggs haha

>Cut content
My foreskin.

Attached: 61364789.jpg (417x339, 46K)

its time to stop

>he doesn't know

you cant fool me

Attached: file.png (644x482, 527K)

tcrf.net/Team_Fortress_2/Unused_Sounds#Dominating_a_Soldier
Unused Demoman lines that were made for the WAR! update. Strangely, the only versions of the lines in existence are MvM Robot versions, with no human equivalents.

Attached: demo bath.jpg (600x800, 70K)

how much significance would this have realistically

Now I'm reminded of an auction that happened recently for some really old game from SMT I think. It's super rare and hasn't seen any ROM uploads let alone an English translation.
Dude trying to buy it and upload it got outbid some wealthy nip saying "these games are a part of our history and foreigners shouldn't get to touch them for the sake of preservation" or some shit.

>all the cut colossi
its not fair

Attached: Devil.gif (640x360, 3.14M)

Attached: 2006_willwright_spore_1152671_o.jpg (800x600, 124K)

Not again please

every bit of spores development is cut content

>no underages posting le epic dick joke yet
Nice.

Attached: bzelda1.webm (160x120, 589K)

I wrote out my reply and went through to find something interesting, maybe I jinxed it

>when you would spend days trying to find secret bosses, levels easter eggs that aren't even real
take me back

Attached: 1548181511777.jpg (882x960, 76K)

this is your fault. now show your favorite prototype zelda screenshot as an apology

Attached: 1565554087601.png (600x600, 267K)

>all those exclusive FMVs with the original cast that we may never see

At least they leaked the soundtrack.

Attached: ITF_Cover.png (580x747, 658K)

An unused TF2 Engineer building called the Repair Node you could swap out the teleporter or dispenser for. It would have repaired nearby buildings, then stopped to recharge. It was scrapped because it could potentially allow for insane turtling, and because the dispenser and teleporter were too useful to switch out.

Attached: TF2_Repair_Node_Textured.png (250x256, 47K)

doesnt tf2 have a lot of shit like this though?

what's your holy grail anons?

Attached: file.png (480x350, 266K)

say what you will about overwatchand theres a lot to say but its transition from the Project Titan MMO to FPS is fascinating and all the lost designs and concepts still interest me, like how they seem to have split characters up and merged them together
still hoping for the day they add some of the unused heroes they seem to have abandoned
some shots of the old MMO character concepts with a even edgier reaper overwatch.fandom.com/wiki/Project_Titan
if those rumors of "overwatch 2" is just them making the original titan then i might actually have a faint interest in it

Attached: unused heroes.png (1200x628, 1.25M)

>Underwater Utopias
I knew I wasn't crazy when they announced that in their game! As a kid, I looked all over for it in the game but couldn't find it so I just kind of gave up and kept playing. I just completely forgot that they did in fact announce that that was a feature and I can safely say it is NOWHERE in the base game

>ITT we discuss the exact same few games as yesterday and the day before
Kys you fucking losers

fuck off zoomer, this is real boomer hours

probably the spore BETA
there has to be a old build floating around somewhere on the EA server gulags

there's a fight where petey flies above you and shoots goop balls at you. you sure it wasn't just that?

spore is cool but let me tell you about Project HON and Project Nano if you feel like getting mad
>project hon
>made by nc soft
>real time mechs in mechs
youtube.com/watch?v=dILZBoZSLKQ
>project nano
>made by epic
>was supposed to be bigger than gears of war
>cliffyb left the company so it died during the prototyping
>wherein it already had all the shit they were going for
>youtube.com/watch?v=oqg4ub5ao9s
excuse the shitty commentary but its all there is publicly for now

>mama hong
>manslaughter

Attached: 1459315604251.jpg (960x720, 45K)

looks cool

Attached: file.png (1236x623, 557K)

>8 years

Attached: Mega_Man_Legends_3_wallpaper_-_Tron_Bonne_Roll_Sephira_(Aero).jpg (1920x1200, 1.4M)

>3ds launch DEMO
>that you would PAY FOR
>with seemingly perfectly fine dev updates
god FUCK

Everything on Beta64

Attached: that thar blows.jpg (400x400, 32K)

>Everything on TCRF and other sources they didn't cite
ftfy

>MML3's cancellation was 8 years ago

Attached: imVE9od.jpg (633x758, 344K)

It probably was just that. People tend to add things that were never there in distant memories

Shutup you faggots, legends games are trash and 3 would have been no exception
>but muh soul
Kys

>i havent played past the first game therefore theyre all trash
its easy to spot shitters like you

Back to the days when you were gullible?

>tfw they cut this music from the game
youtube.com/watch?v=cGq3RG6selQ

Attached: smk_vl.jpg (480x360, 21K)

Season 2 of walking dead. I would have loved to see how all that shit originally played out. Music was nice and spooky too

Battlefront 3. Which I'm amazed hasn't been mentioned yet

people tend to forget the prototype leaked in 2016

HOLY SHIT THIS SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE SOMETHING OUT OF SUPER PAPER MARIO
youtube.com/watch?v=lWoLVBNjjPo&list=PLhHcMbVmbwCdYgDcW5-Ai5lXAqPAWihPc&index=11&t=0s

THE LORE

Attached: 1528570515286.gif (400x412, 859K)

Beta content? Sounds like the lives of anyone playing Classic atm! Haha!

i don't really see it. i wouldn't surprised if they re-used the track somewhere.

>This
>Cut-content
Thy're adding these in one by one, pretty much. They're just slow as all hell.

I do dig Mercy & Angelica though though.
>Rocket Barrage

>i don't really see it.
well duh, you don't see music, you listen to it, dummy :)

Either the Banjo Kazooie remake for the OG Xbox or Bamco's MP4.

Sometimes i wonder how it would've been if they added the cut colossi to the remake, they all had already been implemented to the game and had specific places to be fought in as well as ways of being defeated.

Attached: Phoenix.jpg (640x480, 75K)

they should've left the worm in as an extra boss, even if it was "overpowered." It was literally completed, and some of its files were left over in the demo discs.

Okay, I'm an idiot that didn't look at the picture enough or even read the thread. My bad!

Earthbound 64

youtube.com/watch?v=CowgcaT8Xrg

Attached: 1559079224760.jpg (600x400, 200K)

I hate how it's been over 20 years since MK64, and Kamek STILL hasn't shown up in a Mario Kart game.

Attached: MK64-Prerelease-Character-Select.jpg (500x374, 67K)

>SiIvagunner

The worst part is that he has an unused emblem in MK8, so they were at least considering him, but apparently Metallic Peach Recolor was more important.

Attached: MarioKart8-KamekEmblem.png (256x256, 17K)

well that's pretty fucked up

this sucks the most because i love kamek's design. having him in the OG mario kart would've made him an automatic shoe-in for every other MK game.

oh man come on this is so sad

>the most devastating post in this thread is also the most basic

What's that pic? Did someone find the beta Delfino Isle?

>Nomad is so autistic he's managed to be the single driving force behind damn near every single bit of this game's development history reconstruction
how do we help this man?

Beta TF2 Badlands.

Attached: stephane-gaudette-ctf-badlands-bluebase010038.jpg (800x600, 139K)

kamek in smash confirmed?

from some screenshots you can view here tcrf.net/Prerelease:Super_Mario_Sunshine#Bianco_Hills

Attached: stephane-gaudette-ctf-badlands-redbase010088.jpg (800x600, 167K)

the first game is better than the second one though

I got kinda of bored of the second game shortly after beating the chicken people

yeah that's why dk jr is in every game

>he didnt even make it to saul kada ruins
get the fuck out of here

Ah cut Zelda content is always awesome

Attached: 1542611647569.jpg (800x600, 72K)

how were these screenshots obtained?

likely press stuff just saved

Wrath of the Lich King pre-alpha
>becoming a DK would involve a lengthy max-level questline that would end in converting your character to a DK rather than making one from scratch, as teased in the reveal trailer
>Azjol'nerub was the first underground zone in the game before getting reworked into two dungeons
>Crystalsong Forest effectively cut as a zone with any meaningful content because Dalaran caused too much lag
>Gun'drak raid finale ended up getting cut out of fear of troll fatigue
>Wintersgrasp was going to be one massive 24/7 persistent battle a la old AV but ended up getting tuned down into the 30 minute battles every ~3 hours
>PvP on flying machines cut so late in development it's still on the box
>dance studio

Attached: azjob-nerubessplorationfundationresize[1].jpg (580x325, 31K)

youtube.com/watch?v=CSw3YUnsCz4
youtube.com/watch?v=O2e1DVbhTgg
youtube.com/watch?v=YE3B9t5B5lA

In retrospect I'm glad it wasn't stuck on the fucking 3DS.

>tfw that mario kart prototype will never be dumped
Fuck hoarders, those selfish cunts are literally letting important gaming history rot away because of "muh collectors value".

Man i remember playing Aion. The flying combat was sick as fuck. Game was korean though so..

>the only time it leaves a sony product outside of the pc ports and the spinoff on the phones is a nintendo system
>the 3ds no less
>to go with its launch
im somewhat glad because it was my reason to buy a 3ds, and now its not a thing so i still dont own a 3ds

Attached: Kirby 64 beta.jpg (2100x1347, 2.06M)

>"Why are we still here? Just to suffer?"

Attached: Article_post_width_ss_2015-09-10_at_07.33.00_.png (618x378, 48K)

Attached: 1556567128580.png (978x648, 1.64M)

>zoom out
>zoom out
>can zoom out even more

fucking hell, why couldn't we just get what we were promised.

Attached: g04.jpg (250x375, 22K)

That fairy looks fucking awsome compared to what we got

Attached: g06.jpg (250x375, 25K)

Well?
strawpoll.me/18463333

Attached: 1565538060863.gif (240x320, 477K)

Pretty much all of 358/2 Days

Attached: 1480600472463.jpg (690x549, 94K)

Attached: g09.jpg (250x375, 18K)

So is there any real reason for the cancellation other than Capcom giving a middle finger to Inafune for leaving the company? The demo was ready, more than half of the game was finished and even the english dub got recorded...so what the heck happened?! The worst part is that it was so damm close and now it's fone forever and people no longer seem to give a shit about it... repaying Megaman Legends 1 and 2 made me realize how much I need the third one...I can't believe some idiots still defend and support Capcom after the crap they did! But still I'm sure they have done worse,I mean just look at "SF V" and "Marvel Vs Capcom 4", maybe someday we'll get to play this...one can only dream.
Also Sera best girl!
youtube.com/watch?v=b1TPP-U6lb8
youtube.com/watch?v=JDJZsUT1b0M

Attached: 0a198563.jpg (1037x1162, 405K)

Everything Banjo that got worked on between Tooie and Smash

Specifically the early phases of Nuts and Bolts and whatever the fuck that Banjo-Kazooie Kinect flying game was. But I have a sneaking suspicion there's more.

all the scrapped legacy of kain projects

Capcom has been trying to regain public trust, after MM11, RE2 and DMCV so who knows if we might not see it one day.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTXMjYve048

Remember when this was supposed to be rayman 4? It was the first time the concept of beta or cut content was ever introduced to me.

what's this?

>East High School
I refuse to believe this

Wait it was supposed to be high school drama like Type 0?

Kirby GCN is one of my favorite examples because it's less the beta of one game, and more the baseline of the 4 mainline games following after it. While the game itself seemed to primarily set the stage for Return to Dream Land, Star Allies also takes a hell of a lot from it.
Return to Dreamland is obviously made from a lot of assets from the game. While the concept of the presumed final boss resembles Magolor a bit, special attention should be drawn to that squid as well. What was likely a boss encounter was instead used in RtDL in a super ability segment as a destructible object, still sharing a similar design. Also of note is that in the game's files, the music for the shoot-em-up section in Another Dimension is named 'Halberd' after Meta Knight's ship, despite the Halberd not appearing at all.
As for what Star Allies took, it should be obvious. The return of helpers seems to work just like it did in GCN with up to 4 people. Morpho Knight also owes his design to a piece of concept art depicting Meta Knight as a butterfly.

Attached: Concept_Art.JPG.jpg (1816x1074, 865K)

nah that will never be possible, ather all the story is already concluded

Attached: Alien_assassin.jpg (442x599, 27K)

Beta screenshots of Ace Attorney Investigations. Notably, they seem to depict a case that doesn't exist in the final game.

>NEW DANCES

No, it was supposed to have a High School Musical world

Kirby GCN was going to follow the subgame format, after Super Star. In the first one, Dedede stole the Warp Star and Kirby travels to his castle to get it back. A boss of this subgame would have been the Dedede robot from the trailer, but we can't tell if it was going to be the final boss or not. The next subgame would have been about Meta Knight, who might be the same being as "Morpho Knight" in this game. We can tell that the Halberd would have been present thanks to the music filename for Another Dimension in RtDL.

Attached: gcn stuff.jpg (1909x1798, 2.99M)

>

Attached: file.png (710x893, 90K)

Attached: jar eel.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

The whole feel of beta half life was better, though unfinished.
I at least wish they would've kept the OICW in.

I'm bitter about this
youtube.com/watch?v=k3ueAKqHwRY

Attached: Dud38ORW0AANjaO.jpg (600x370, 35K)

is that in new londo ruins?

Call me crazy but as a kid I actually saw this thing in the game. Although it was fucking massive. Like when you see Ganon's Castle at the end of the game floating over a pit of lava, the fairy was easily as big if not bigger than that. It was in the middle of Kakariko Village.

beta content you say?
sorry, couldn't resist

Attached: v.png (261x36, 4K)

>tfw Longshot looked better than the final product and we'll never see this design in Overwatch
So many interesting character designs that will never be in OW. I guess it's for the best, the game is still trash.

Attached: 1564186560281.jpg (354x354, 17K)

When I was a kid I swear I remember entering some extra room in Luigi's Mansion

Right after the very first room that you fight ghosts in I didn't know to use the vacuum so I spent like an hour flashing them until it opened the next room

The next room I remember was just a tiny balcony overlooking nothing, it was black and a blue ice ghost came and one shotted me

2007 it had been hacked into the game and there is a youtube vid. There is no legit way of ever getting it anywhere otherwise.

youtube.com/watch?v=OiE_gMtJ_Uw

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 15K)

oh that's what I remembered.

Attached: 18j4pjsgmtt3njpg.jpg (810x456, 192K)

A "Reverse Cup" that was planned for Mario Kart Double Dash, presumably involving going around the courses in reverse.

Yoshi Circuit, Dino Dino Jungle, Peach Beach, and Mushroom Bridge have filenames in demo version files that imply they were going to be the courses you would play in this mode.

Attached: MKDD_ReverseTrophyModel.png (539x261, 130K)

Beta Fiora design

Attached: 18j4pjsgrw9j8jpg.jpg (720x405, 93K)

RE1.5

Attached: chad vickers.png (199x204, 64K)

This file found in a demo copy also shows that DK Jr. was originally planned for the game, but got replaced with Diddy.

Attached: MKDD_Unused_Character_Icons.png (519x129, 44K)

The Bionis' shoulder, an area that isn't accessible in the final game normally but is still in the game's files

Attached: 18j4pjufkdk68jpg.jpg (810x456, 194K)

I'm still mad.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

The cancelled Crash Bandicoot reboot: Crash Landed

Attached: crashlanded.jpg (960x540, 123K)

It's nothing to bug out about, dawg.

RIP

Unused case idea of a murder that would apparently happen right outside the Wright and Co offices. They probably didnt want to involve Wright in these games, and a case like that would make it impossible for him not to get involved which is why he only gets a background cameo in both games.

It pops on some cutscene tho.

Nah, most likely they're for the mirror mode courses, although i don't remember if mirror mode made it in DD

The Tony Redgrave RE4.

It was some rpg based on some anime or manga. I think it was called Indy for the Famicom. Anyways, the jap who bought it is part of this scene in Japan that hates westerners buying unreleased shit and dumping the rom for everyone.

>it was supposed to have a High School Musical world
Did they seriously think people would want to do a world based on that? Obviously not, but the fact they even considered it.

Suits aren't exactly bright people user.

It is still incredibly frustrating that the prologue, which they claimed they would sell to gauge interest in for the main game, was totally finished and never got released before they pulled the plug.

Honestly with the timing a lot of people who played kingdom hearts may have answered a “what current disney shows/movies do you enjoy?” with high school musical.

Wasn’t it cut because one of the chick on there show off her tits

woah i haven't thought about that australian guy in years, i used to watch all his videos when i was like 13

That technically would have been Donkey Kong IV (Donkey Kong the Fourth), if he was current DK's son.

hell yeah

Attached: Vanessa-Hudgens-nude.jpg (900x1200, 124K)

pink nips? so this goblina is actually...white?

This theead is beta content.

The FUCK

Finding out the next Final Fantasy was coming to the PSX was literally the determining factor in my decision to buy a PSX before an N64.
I don't regret my decision, though I have to say I didn't like FFVII as much as FFVI.

Attached: ffn64.jpg (700x487, 237K)

Why does cut / beta content look so cool and creepy

The sticker star beta before Miyamoto asked the team to not make it a TTYD clone as it had partners and other stuff

Attached: 1503571168719.png (1197x1073, 1.5M)

youtu.be/cpTLXvHT8rE?t=629

all the stuff they cut from Origins was worse
youtu.be/kJf3eHbjoZM

I imagine the creepy factor comes from the fact the content looks so familiar, but at the same time so different from what you know. almost like the game equivalent of the uncanny valley.

10 YEARS AND I'M STILL MAD

Attached: EA0eccPUwAAk86D.jpg (1440x1573, 173K)

GUYS PLEASE
I REMEBER ABOUT 9 YEARS AGO SEEING A VIDEO OF A BETA VERSION OF BREATH OF FIRE 3 !
THE HUD WAS SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT, THE WORLD MAP...
THAT IS ALL I CAN REMEBER

HOWEVER THIS VIDEO IS NOWHERE TO BE SEEN ANYMORE

SOMEONE HAS TO HAVE IT

Attached: bof3.jpg (960x720, 71K)

Kirby GCN

Attached: A castle in a world of ruin.jpg (640x480, 61K)

And the sooner they die the better :)

Attached: Don Dino.jpg (1032x929, 329K)

youtube.com/watch?v=IgE3X64YWOE

i was so excited for this shit

Based Mario Maker 1 costume

Attached: 6874.5_5F00_01C91EBC.png (376x375, 101K)

Still mad. We could've had a chain chomp partner, A CHAIN CHOMP!

Attached: paper-mario-3ds-screenshots-e3-2010.jpg (620x375, 219K)

Really was excited for RE PSP

youtube.com/watch?v=MyFleT8Zw7Q

Within the ROM of Mario Kart Arcade GP is a picture of the Beslan school hostage crisis, a terrorist attack where over 1,100 people were taken hostage by armed separatist militants in a school in Beslan, North Ossetia (Russian Federation).

Attached: MKAGP1_camtest02.jpg (320x240, 24K)

Naive is different to gullible you dumb cunt

Pac-Man almost had a full-on 3D ruins exploration sim.

Attached: pmgz.jpg (500x375, 95K)

I would MURDER to get my hands on EB64

Attached: Earthbound 64.jpg (1792x2032, 1.22M)

Anything for Pikmin?

>we were THIS CLOSE to a new TTYD
>instead we ended up with shitter star
I will never not be mad.

Here's a beta

Yeah that was it, still mad over it.

Attached: 1495754200647.png (466x479, 356K)

burrowing snarrow

The 3D part of Sonic Jam is actually the prototype version of SA1, after the decision was made to move development to the Dreamcast they included it with the game because they didn't want the effort to go to waste.
The Tornado model in particular ended up being used in the final game when you're chasing the Egg Carrier, it sticks out with how low-poly it is compared to the rest of the game.

Diddy Kong Pilot, a GBA Rare game that was cancelled and re-tooled into Banjo Pilot.

Attached: DonkeyKongPilotGBA2.jpg (240x160, 24K)

Interestingly, it was going to feature Mario characters.

Attached: Diddy_Kong_Pilot_2001_Unused_Character_Select_Sprites.png (201x220, 12K)

bruh i miss those old ffvii fansites that had entire pages just dedicated to compiling and debunking obviously fake rumors

>how to save aeris
>how to get rufus in the party
>how to get mr dolphin in the party
etc

fucking miyamoto

I love what we got, but I do wonder what else was different in the original take on Dead Premonition. Was there even more imagery obviously borrowed from Twin Peaks that got covered up?

Attached: rainy_woods__aka_deadly_premonition__by_marblegallery7_dc9m5r2-pre.jpg (1192x670, 103K)

And it was also going to introduce a new character called "Redneck Kong".

Attached: Redneck-kong.png (224x488, 75K)

wtf that looks awesome

holy shit is this a meme or true

>featured in the announcement trailer
>had a character model
>was almost entirely removed from the game
Biggest fault of Sly 4 was not just removing the funniest character in the series as a playable character, but removing all voice lines of his all together. That game would've been so much better if Dimitri had been playable.

Attached: Sly 4 Dimitri.jpg (784x392, 88K)

I'm pretty sure you're just tryng to fit in but if not feel free to post how.

Redneck Kong was an actual nickname given to him by Rare staff, but it wasn't official or in the game.

>One of the early ideas for Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts was a complete remake of the first game where the characters would know they're in a remake and change up the level accordingly
>It was canned after the team thought it'd be hard to sell as some people would see it as just an HD upgrade
People would eat this shit up nowadays.

God damn, I've never seen this before
Swery's ass was lying when he said he's never seen Twin Peaks

SO fucking glad I didn't buy this, even as a kid I just felt something was not right, they promised too much.
Ever since then I have zero hope for any Space-sims
cough cough Star Citizen

Attached: 1501611092349.png (382x417, 325K)

The Sequel to Conkers Bad Fur Day

Attached: Conker incest.png (500x708, 479K)

Attached: be6a7073318f8dae4d1a830286b24b81c85b7f2b4fe7b8881eda9f6e588e230d.jpg (800x800, 99K)

Halo 3's armor textures changed between the beta and launch versions. Beta on the right has a lot more ware and battle damage on it. Launch is sleek and spotless.

Attached: mD21R65.jpg (2432x1298, 1.6M)

There's tons of interesting shit in the Half-Life 2 beta.

Attached: half-life 2 beta devtest map.webm (320x240, 2.83M)

I would kill for Earthbound 64

Gonna call BS on this one. Beta footage is readily available and literally everyone who had crackdown played it, and that ruined texture was not there.

>inverted controls
Sunshine was almost a good game

>that beta York
Holy shit we traded up.

Attached: 1461522904022.gif (291x355, 931K)

Looks like junk, they were smart to get rid of that nasty Halo 2-like wear and tear for the armor.

anyone have anything on the cut dungeons from Wind Waker other than one being obviously cut due to the way water is rendered in the engine and the other 1-2 being just theories?

I'd kill for a WW release that has a water dungeon that you get the 3rd stone from and has the Fire and Ice islands turned into mini dungeons the size of Ice Caverns / Bottom of the Well.

Fuck I wish they'd make a 3D Kirby game with mechanics from the last four Kirby games, like Robobot, Air Ride, multiplayer or just multiple party members

Fucking hate collectors that pay out the ass for rare software cause they think only they should be able to experience something.
Heard some super rare game with 3 or 4 left in existence recently got uploaded cause some guy went to one of these collectors house and stole a copy of it.
If I could find where to give that guy money I would do it.

As a kid I could've sworn there was a cutscene where changing into Zora Link in the Stockpot Inn would cause one of the dancing sisters to scream.
I don't know where I got that idea from, must've been a dream.

The Final Fantasy III remake had it's planned storyline additions heavily trimmed during development, to the point that Japanese text strings still remain in the coding of the US and Japanese DS releases (every other release removes it to varying degrees).
tcrf.net/Final_Fantasy_III_(Nintendo_DS)/Unused_Text
Two of the cut scenarios imply that the game would have changed/expanded the structure of certain dungeons, along with potentially making the Bard job optional and changing where the Evoker job was obtained.
Additionally, in an interview, the devs confirmed that they had intended for guest part members to be playable in a fifth slot, but scrapped that for more horsepower on the DS (this was SE's first DS game. They got better by FFIVDS). Desch's Sword in the data may have been a remnant of that.

Attached: 003.jpg (512x287, 28K)

Weird! I remember having a green yoshi and he just spilling regular water instead of juice. I was only 12 back then, so I might be remembering things wrong.

Metroid Prime was originally planned as a 3rd person game. Theres also some other cut content, such as Meta Kraid being planned, as well as a different boss in Phendrana, with Thardus originally being intended for Magmoor. The speed booster and I think screw attack were also planned but got cut, and I think there's even a couple bits of concept art for Mother Brain too. vid has the animations for the cut Phendrana boss at 1:00, posted by the animator himself.
youtube.com/watch?v=jGUv8PyPnPM

Attached: 1539708503403.jpg (685x529, 95K)

I think the general theory is that the unused dungeons were recycled for later games, like one of them being used for Twilight Princess.

tcrf.net/Proto:Mario_Kart_DS/USA_kiosk_demo

Mario Kart DS was planned to have the Chain Chomp item from Double Dash appear, but it was removed from the final game entirely.

Interesting, the store kiosk demo has the Chomp appear in the item roulette, but you can't get it. Hacking to try to get it crashes the game.

The kiosk demo is also loaded with early objects, maps, item icons, and music with a different soundfont. There's also the song SEQ_CIRCUIT2 that does not exist in the final.

Finally, there's data for the planned-but-scrapped E. Gadd, who uses Toad's model as a placeholder.

Attached: Mkdskdchomp.png (256x192, 34K)

They actually did experiment with a 3D Kirby after the first game got cancelled.
It seems to have inspired Kirby's 3D Rumble/Blowout Blast

Attached: kirby-gamecube-proto-01.jpg (300x217, 85K)

The beta one looks like shit honestly, like if it was fucking diamond or Stalhrim or something, I've never played a Halo game tho

That shit was literally just a tech demo that put FF6 chars in the early alpha stages of FF7's 3d system. I had the video at one point and there was even an article saying that's all it ever was, to show proof of 3d concept before FF7 was conceptualized.

And FF6 deserved a better remake than the ios/steam port shit we got. Even fucking FFRK does the story bits MASSIVELY better, why the fuck can't we let them do it at this point?

When I saw a green yoshi in the manual i searched for months

A lot of the game was sick as fuck.
release Aion is probably my favorite MMO for aesthetics. it's just a shame it was extremely grindy.

I looked back on it recently and learned they cur like 90% of the zones and the ones left got cut in half. I heard you can't even explore the sanctum anymore.
dunno what the fuck they were thinking.

stsr wars 1313

Is not cut content if never existed in first place.

The game from Black Tusk (now known as The Coalition) that was teased at E3 2014 that was supposed to be "the next huge Xbox IP"

Man, the jump from n64 to gamecube was so fucking huge.

Picturing mario kart 64 then a game like metroid prime 1/2, resident evil 4, it is just incredible.

its a good game, even with all the cut content

Fucking Card Saga Wars. It never stood a chance, though.

Attached: GrossRequiredCormorant-max-1mb.gif (280x210, 884K)

>Metroid Prime was originally planned as a 3rd person game
I don't know if I want this, surely I wouldn't be mad.

youtu.be/uflPgiiBa6g
Dead Space had an original Xbox prototype

Attached: 06361CCE-E4C9-42BC-896D-C62C768053FC.jpg (1334x750, 38K)

Toss up between Kirby GCN and a later build of Superman PSX (the one that leaked is missing stuff like the Lexcorp level and the final build was supposedly 70% done).
Runner up would be Evolution for the Sega Saturn. I doubt it has any major differences with the Dreamcast version, but I'd still like to see it.
Above all though, I'd like design documents or what have you for the FFIII remake. Not even the Ultimanias touch on the scrapped content.

Attached: evol4.jpg (640x480, 56K)

Is the chick in the first row of images supposed to be kumatora?

I borrowed my friends copy and played through it, it's not a good game. It works, the creature stage and space stage is fun for an hour each but nah missed opportunity

Finding a cursed disk at a garage sale that magically takes me back to being 9 years old

>tfw Spaceworld Gold/Silver got dumped
Battle Network 1 would be next on my list

Attached: BattleNetwork1.jpg (768x576, 153K)

The dragon was completed, not the worm. Wander was shown fighting it in one of the first trailers.

Honestly I think fallout 76 could have been great before the shoehorned multiplayer into it. Fallout 4 with a less intrusive story and that awesome world to explore would have been great or at least a big improvement over 4.

Attached: Fallout-76-Wooby.jpg (825x464, 47K)

GTA III Beta was going to be a lot more colorfull

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

>just Kirby gameplay on isometric cubes
This why Kirby will never have his SMO/BotW? Their problem is just a lack of creativity?

Attached: 3d sonic.jpg (640x640, 35K)

Nothing but vaporware.
Did they even release any demo of sort?

I thought i was looking at a lego game before i opened the image

Probably more that kirby didn't work in 3d.

I don't think they wanted it to be that way, probably that's just how it looked before they started to focus on the graphics, look, the cars don't even have textures.

(PD: I know GTA I and II were colorful)

Y’all are such gay fags. You know why content gets cut or canceled right? Because it was shit, literally didn’t make the cut. What the fuck are you even thinking? You want what you can’t have just to have it? Like dogs chasing a train in the rain.

>Because it was shit
Tell that to New Vegas.

Not without creativity, no.

Could be that they just don't know how exactly to go about it, so they tried what they already know.
HAL does love using spinoffs for some of their weirder gameplay choices, so we'd probably see a 3D spinoff first before anything.
The site (?) seems to have a prototype, but that was last year.
cardsagaswars.wordpress.com/2018/07/01/csw-update-2/

Time constraints exist user.

Attached: MM legends 3.webm (720x444, 2.93M)

beslan hostage crisis happened in september 2004. mario kart arcade was released october 2005.

they were probably early in development and trying to get something displaying on the arcade hardware and just grabbed an image from yahoonews.co.jp or wherever.

>beta
all this people replying to this thread

prove it

Reminder that they cancelled it right as the 3DS was starting to go from failure to megahit. The $5 beta/demo/trial/thing was basically complete, meaning that it'd have been a massive success in a vacuum of non-releases.

Capcom hates Nintendo in general, just look the piss poor support they are giving to Nintendo, and fucking MHXX has sold 3.5M despise this.

Nobody will convice me otherwise but they let Megaman on smash because they thought it was dead and they were throwing a bone.

lol this is fake. the image captions talk about hercules and olympus

Halo DS
just because it's still crazy to think they were even toying with that idea.

Castlevania The Adventure Rebirth has two unused songs: One is the recurring song The Lost Portrait. The other is a remix of Battle of The Holy, one of the tracks from the original Castlevania The Adventure and the only remix of a song from that game.
youtu.be/KYX3hBgv_Ak
youtu.be/WkxpLVYoz1Q

Attached: 238498-castlevania.jpg (480x383, 19K)

LOL

Attached: 1556039143264.png (879x692, 516K)

>character art vs ingame assets
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Attached: 1501313451045.webm (472x484, 129K)

this isn't beta or cut content

what game

>turn the gunslinger black
>Turn the chinese pirate white
>Turn the Arab into the shredder

wat

wat

Are you drunk?

Attached: 1548175417044.jpg (480x360, 28K)

yea.

all evidence in the game files pointed to beating ja-yearl to get the key to the seal from Ingward, but it was cut. I think Daughters of Ash added him back in at New Londo, but it's obvious that it was unfinished content

Someone post all the Gold/Silver space world Pokemon

>Cut content

My teeny weenie haha my pp weepys for it's lost teepee lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=FrD5l7lHB_o

youtube.com/watch?v=kdKlvjOQn-s
youtube.com/watch?v=xxJbz_3PKQo

Attached: cbb.jpg (1472x1152, 223K)

Why do you exist? Die

Nogami releasing an Animal Crossing concept art book that details earlier versions of every single character and location in every game and cut dialogue. He did one for splatoon, so I’m sure he’ll do it for this game someday.

I still don't know why those stupid fucks over at capcom can't just settle for some sort of combo of old and new, mix both fixed camera and over the shoulder camera, I mean they fucking did it right there in the 3.5 trailer so why can't they do it again? Is it that fucking hard to replicate or something?

Attached: blargg mario 64.gif (400x207, 652K)

there was a big incentive to make GTA3's story more dark and gritty. Given the story we got, it wouldn't match the graphics

Back then, finding good 3D artists was hard as fuck.

thats what happens when you hire designers straight out of Cal Arts

twitter.com/IndivisibleRPG
RE 3.5 looked cool but thank god we got re4

Bioshock Infinite had so much shit cut from it that it almost makes you wonder if it could've ever been a decent game. Pretty every game convention demo of it didn't make it into the final game.

DISTRUST, the danganronpa beta/proof of concept

Attached: Danganronpa_DISTRUST_cover[1].png (367x556, 265K)

>Conquistador turned into a black gunslinger
Why

>GTA: The Simpsons edition

You are. Because it’s impossible. What’s more likely: that you somehow managed to do something in the gale that is literally impossible without hacking the game OR you’re a retard who for some reason thinks you can trust your memories from 2 years ago 100 percent?

>find something on cheatcc or some shit that said kirby air ride had a witch you could unlock if you played city trial for the max amount of time
>tried multiple times to get that to no avail
fuck you, guy who wrote that shit

>The Sonic Tokyo Toy Show demo that somehow got lost
>Sega literally lost the demo for the fucking game that gave them a spot on the map
Also
>The demo version of sonic 06 that actually plays like a fucking sonic game
youtube.com/watch?v=GonGJZeu-kA

Fucking Sega

Attached: sonic_hires_scan.jpg (1734x1000, 427K)

SOTC is one of the posterchildren for cut/beta content

Attached: 1565240491565.jpg (760x570, 365K)

Those mountains in the back are actually referenced in Sonic Mania's Green Hill Zone. Mania's references are insane.

haha
hahaha
hahaa
very funny, user!

Twilight princess magic meter. Also a ton of stuff in the twilight princess beta trailers that looked really cool.

Attached: zelda-twilight-princess-screen.jpg (796x448, 78K)

This is a post deserving of a public ban

This hurts tooo much. I remember when they got Robin Williams to make his own creature. That got me sooo hyped.
I remember buying the game, playing, and having a feeling that the game was off. I had that realization that all that hype was about to hit a brick wall.
I think that was a era of very hyped games and almost all them never living up to it. I remember all the hype memes in Yea Forums a bit later.

Greasy sweet

>project nano
HOLY shit, I completely forgot about Nano. I remember that tech demo and being blown away at the time. Or maybe I'm misremebering it with something else...

I liked how in Mania's green hill they put a small waterfall in the background of the mountains as a reference to the glitched portion in the original green hill's background. Mania has a different kind of passion put into it man.

>Country Kong

Attached: 32423.jpg (640x960, 48K)

Fire emblem 64
I just wanna know what it could've been

Attached: Fireemblem6beta01.jpg (687x457, 272K)

I think so, Kumatora was supposed to be older. It's also important to remember that the plot changed around a lot during the development, a Nintendo Power magazine from around 1998 or so showed Dr. Andonuts' model and said it was only a "tentative addition". Over interviews, there was mentioned a lot of stuff we never got:
>references to Chapter 12, implying even more chapters
>
"(About the ending) You asked if the ending is tearjerking, but I'd say the real tearjerking probably happens during the game itself. And the game might end with you being like, 'Huh?!' It's really an unpleasant game (laugh)."
>there was some sort of pirate village
>expansion pack with 64DD that would incorporate real-time day and night

Attached: 1531023865064.jpg (440x660, 31K)

Attached: Paper Mario Beta.jpg (400x255, 29K)

Little to none, but does help along what the comics were going for with Soldier and Demoman not being stupid enough to fall for the Announcer trying to get them to fight.

Attached: Team Fortress 2 beta.jpg (500x373, 49K)

Yeah, Kaga leaving probably had something to do with the game getting scrapped.

Dark Souls has a ton of traces of unused/cut content that still haven't been found/explored yet
Like this remnant of an unused path into the depths that I've never seen mentioned before

Attached: depths unused path.jpg (1920x1080, 564K)

Attached: Super Mario Kart R pt. 1.jpg (1272x960, 140K)

Attached: Super Mario Kart R pt. 2.jpg (376x306, 133K)

>That hitbox

Attached: Super Mario Kart R pt. 3.jpg (320x210, 37K)

Attached: Super Mario Kart R pt. 4.jpg (298x240, 12K)

Attached: Super Mario Kart R pt. 5.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Attached: Super Mario Kart R pt. 6.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Pretty much any of valve's abandoned projects over the last 10 years.

Attached: Earthbound 64.jpg (350x267, 19K)

Attached: 1531285655804.webm (320x240, 1.75M)

Posted it last thread but the Cave Story beta

Attached: PrtPhoto.png (320x240, 7K)

Insomniac's Overstrike, the original vision before the EA focus group meddling.

I posted these in the last thread, but I'll post them again.

Attached: GTA 3 Beta.jpg (640x448, 86K)

i got your cut content right here

Attached: facebook-linked_image___rockjpg.jpg (1200x628, 56K)

Attached: GTA 3 Beta pt. 2.jpg (640x448, 63K)

Attached: 2001-advance-first-snap.gif (256x176, 38K)

Attached: GTA 3 Beta pt. 3.jpg (640x448, 51K)

These threads are nice when they're not posting the same stuff over an over.

What's different about that Sonic 06 demo? Looks like it played basically the same as the final product but less stiff I guess

yeah but the cutscene is pre rendered as a video file,meaning the game never even loads this map regularly

>he bears the mark of the Jewish cattle

Attached: 782.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

It's an improved build.

Development for 06 was all fucked up and the choice to finish the base game and not polish it was chosen.

im glad you bring this up and heres why
back in the early 2000s at the santa monica pier, i distinctly remember being part of a crash bandicoot promotional thing. a guy in thw crash costume, and the gimmick was we would be allowed to play some build of the game to gauge interest.

to this day i havent found a single bit of info about this isolated event, to the point where im certain what i played was one of these cancelled crash games. All i remember level wise is it was crash, a ps2 game for sure, and the level i selected was some jungle that started up high and went down as it curved left at the start. the key thing that stood out to me was how it loaded everything except level textures for some reason. It was the jungle, enemies, boxes, crash, collision but you could only see the BLUE void.

It's come to the point where I'm almost tempted to ask whoever the fuck worked on crash at this time if this even happened at all because the footage where the group of kiddos shouted "We love crash bandicoot" has also never surfaced. it's very possible it never will surface but i had to share my story just in the hopes someone knows what the fuck im talking about

It was probably just wishful thinking on the magazine writer's part but I think it was the official DC magazine that claimed Halo was coming to the Dreamcast.

Attached: dchalo.jpg (512x768, 69K)

very interesting user

You can actually load ending maps in game.

Check TCRF.

I wish they ran with this concept as a 3ds game. Itd be a fun experiment with the ip and it prolly been better than that federation game

youtube.com/watch?v=s-X8C_8nJQ4

Seriously, it is essentially finished and even had some new shit thrown in as well.

Deus Ex has some crazy interesting cut content, a lot of you probably know about the cut white house level but other cool things include:

>Cut departure music for Area 51 implying there was intended to be another level after.
>A very creepy conversation subtrack for the tunnels section of Vandenburg that goes unheard because there is nobody to talk to down there.
>A cut track that was intended to be played in the graveyard where you talk to Dowd, it's silent in the final game. and is the only silent level in the game.
>Tons of cut dialogue from the training level referencing various techniques implying the training level was going to be far more extensive.
>The brawling, communication, and stealth skills shown at E3 were cut, and the game still does a communication skill check to see if certain npc dialogue choices should be unlocked, however the skill is hardcoded to always be maxed.
>Cut dialogue from a UNATCO troop implies the sniper rifle originally came without a scope and had to have one attached to it.
>Ford Schick, that dude you save from the new york sewers is supposed to actually appear in Smugglers lair in the second and third revisit but due to a developer mistake he never does, he gives JC an aug upgrade in the second revisit and has a lot of dialogue about JC's augmentations.
>The robot in pic related can actually be spawned but is never seen in-game normally.
>Most npcs have cut lines for reloading.
>There is a dude wandering around out of bounds in the Tonnochi Road level, he talks about Paul and him being married to Maggie Chow.

lots of other stuff i'm forgetting, it's insane how many ideas they cut and some of it would have been very cool to see fully fleshed out.

tcrf.net/Deus_Ex

Attached: DeusEx-SecurityBot4.png (255x323, 95K)

its the prototype work after that event that is more special user a game so good that even in its completely bare bones prototype phases, is still fun because you can literally scale a to-size skyscraper

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to post it, and my rage about it continues
I WANTED FUCKING UNDERWATER CIVILIZATIONS!!

funfact resetera was finally useful for something and they may have possibly obtained this version of the game

Attached: IMG_20190802_215310.jpg (750x1000, 115K)

Attached: IMG_20190802_215312.jpg (1080x1263, 174K)

its been almost 16 years since that happened, and i have never once seen anyone else talk about it due to how isolated it was

lulz

Why the FUCK did they cancel this

Dragons Crown on the Dreamcast.

Attached: Dragon-s-Crown-Dreamcast.jpg (1280x1450, 631K)

This summer is the 10th anniversary of the Agent announcement

Attached: agent.jpg (1321x650, 135K)

How does it make you feel that I played Spore when I was 15 with no expectations and enjoyed it a lot?

the guy trying to buy it asked them to take the thread down because he hadnt even bought it yet, and the mods started losing their shit over this request. its not good for anything, even when its about to do something useful

it was going supposedly going to come to PS2 too, but things happened and you know the rest

Was there any confirmation that this game was ever functional?

That's neat. I think the one that sticks out to me is the cut dialog with Paul indicating that there was a branching path planned in the story.

i know,the point is that the bionis shoulder map shouldnt even be in the files since it only appears on a pre rendered cutscene

they left this image on the back of the fucking box lol

tcrf.net/Life_Force_(Arcade)
A bunch of unused, half-finished music.

Attached: lifefrcej-ships.gif (152x56, 1K)

Cancelled pinball machines:
Zingy Bingy, cancelled when capcom shut down their pinball division. Designed by the late, great, Python Anghelo, who died in 2014. RIP.

Attached: Zingy Bingy Pinball.jpg (388x690, 52K)

damn right she's more important.

i played it at the same age and had this experience.
Why would I care if you liked it? Good for you user

So, wait, did the guy end up buying it or not?

Timesplitters 4. But I know in my heart it is a monkey paw wish that would be full of microtransactions.

With Nintendo and Microsoft being buddy buddy, Halo on Nintendo is actually more feasible than it was 14 years ago.

Also by Python. Different company. Two were made. One is at the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas. There's a company that plans to make more, Circus Maximus. But first they're going to make more Kingpins, of which only 7 were made.

Attached: The Pinball Circus by Python Anghelo.jpg (400x544, 58K)

Continue on your crusade to get to the bottom of this.

N64 Mother 3. Could have been kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=MO7Fls5ti_8&t=542s
There are 7 of these in the world, and two of them were at California Extreme last month. I played them. Good stuff.

Attached: Kingpin playfield.jpg (1536x2048, 1.09M)

The two TF2 betas

The PC version of Skies of Arcadia

Sadness Wii horror game

youtube.com/watch?v=Fr-YhHdeyDA

Turning the gunslinger black would've been cool if they kept everything else about the original design. His new look makes him look like a faux-fireman.

There were three mass-produced Playboy pinball machines and two cancelled ones. Here are the cancelled ones.
This one was going to use hologram technology
youtube.com/watch?v=hjUSNZ6Abtk

and this one wasn't
youtube.com/watch?v=xAfVUHro3sQ

Just for fun, here's the flyer for one playboy which was made.

Attached: Playboy Stern 2002 Flyer Back.jpg (1275x1664, 711K)

Sure you weren't having a fever dream?

this was up for preorder on my local game store for 10 years. i felt kinda sad when they took it down

crashbandicoot.fandom.com/wiki/Crash_Landed

It might have actually been this game in like 2009 or 2010.

Attached: 2ut1atj.png (879x1600, 1.89M)

anyone have anything of Deus Ex HR's cut content?

Sneed Kong

An angry birds pin was pitched to rovio, but it was turned down. Looks pretty innovative.
thisweekinpinball.com/the-twipys/

Here's Wizard Blocks, another cancelled hologram pinball machine.
youtube.com/watch?v=-ZcqZwEi5P0

There was also going to be a Steve Irwin pin, but it was cancelled with his death.

Attached: Alice and Wonderland pinball machine mockup, coming soon from Deeproot.jpg (600x800, 482K)

I mean it had several full on 3D games

Goddamn, I hope those fuckers die soon and their families sell all their shit for cheap.

Attached: 1560109394136.png (320x504, 230K)

I feel like a retard for asking but it has been awhile for me since I have played. Where exactly would this path to the depths be located of it was actually implemented into the game?

>what are shockwaves

I see this thread every goddamn day but why dont I see anyone talking about games like bad day LA or the dirty harry game?

>he doesn't want to jive out with based Troy
lame desu

i assure you my kid adrenaline was unfiltered, and i was excited to play video games when the pier sucked dick
my memory on visuals are almost impossible to remember. i want to believe its not this, because it doesnt line up with the timeframe this happened. this was somewhere around the 2003-2006 range

>every goddamn day
user its just been 3 days, calm down

Are you sure it wasn't either Wrath of Cortex or Twinsanity?

Godbless, and godspeed. At least someone enjoyed it.

its possible, but i want to say no since there was at least 1 game out for sure, and hype for a second one, but whether it was the released one im not sure since what i remember doesnt line up with anything in either of those games

do you have any images of early screenshots by chance?

How bout u clam up?

If one of them was already out, then it was probably Twinsanity.
Crash Mania has a whole bunch of different sections for both games, so it might be worth looking around and seeing if anything jobs your memory.

Attached: placeholders-and-changed-missing-elements-5bd4be6869b06-1.jpg (928x720, 121K)

The general idea that HAL likes to maintain with Kirby games is for them have as simple of a control layout as possible.
When you add in a 3D environment, the normally directional-based inputs of Kirby's attacks don't really translate well, so they'd have to rework the combat controls entirely.
The best way I could imagine Kirby working in 3D is something of a DMC-like action game, but that doesn't really fit HAL's "simple to controls" agenda.

i think its fine to have this small victory of threads amongst all the wojacks, shitposting, "semenbrain"m bait threads, fap bait threads, etc. i think you should shut the fuck up and appreciate actual vidya discussion in times where thats literally a thing that gets deleted

Attached: 1539130611552.gif (395x405, 116K)

>tfw devs let slip on the unity page there was going to be dating elements with Roll, Tron, Sera, the new girl, and an unnamed 5th girl

Attached: The Master will never love you.png (512x512, 75K)

looking over some images now and i think it may have been twinsanity but im still not seeing any level or menus that i saw back on that day at the pier
im starting to believe it may have been wrath of cortex that was there

crashmania.net/en/games/crash-bandicoot-the-wrath-of-cortex/unused-content/early-prototype/
this was what i played the earliest image is one of the levels that was at the pier. thanks for the site user it was a pile of shit to navigate but i did find it

Never forget.

Attached: Skeleton-King.png (640x960, 728K)

No problem user. You should read up some more on WoC, by the way: It went through a surprising amount only to end up as a Crash 3 derivative.
Also, if you played the level in the pic, then consider yourself lucky since it seems like you played a rare build of the game.

Attached: a-long-time-ago-1.png (550x359, 326K)

Holy shit that's amazing. Cool that you got to find out what the fuck it was after all these years. Wrath of Cortex changed wildly during development.

We exist only to suffer

Attached: 1565483082746.jpg (417x417, 74K)

My entire namefagging existence owes itself to unjustly cut content. Long time no see, Yea Forums.

HARNESS THE BURNING ANGER

Attached: 549832.png (373x450, 193K)

Sunshine 2 when?

(cont)

Attached: Q7RmSTl.jpg (900x1200, 198K)

Attached: SquareEnix FINAL FANTASY XV - Announcement Trailer _ E3 2013 (720p_30fps_H264-192kbit_AAC).mp4_snaps (1280x720, 70K)

it was on PS2, the devkit (as i later learned when i started really collecting dev shit) and even me as a kid thought "that ps2 looks weird". they were housed in little dome things with crts up above your head so you look slightly up with a controller mounted to the kiosk of sorts. keep in mind these were setup to have 3 just in this 1 spot on the pier.
no name at the time, just "heres a few levels, pick whatever you want". My buddy at the time picked a level that crashed the system so they had to slightly police him on it, which made him stop playing in general since he hates being told he cant do shit
there were about 6 levels, maybe 9 in the debug menu, i just know 1 was labeled "test" and it wasnt an option that worked.

i never thought id finally find an answer to this thats been haunting me for years. i still wonder where the footage of the pier is because they had a film crew and mascot. theres a good chance it wasnt used because i tripped and it was all caught on camera so i think they wanted to not show my fuckup

This played exactly like bubsy 3D so bullet dodged.

Monkey looked sweet too. They all did honestly.
>true sequel never ever

youtu.be/ivwgE_t8a5s

Coop dungeon crawler cancelled a few years back

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-11-23-46-00.png (2560x1440, 908K)

This is it for me. Yogg is right next to LK and they never once explore Arthas having been compromised by Yogg. Anub'Arak is totally wasted. Kel'Thuzad is totally wasted. Jaina, Sylvanas, and Muradin never get their final conversation with Arthas. This is easily the most wasted lore content in any game.

god i wish this was real. hopefully the souless disney remakes will lead to more uncanny valley with kh4 in 2031

What could of been

Attached: ff-versus-13.jpg (1024x768, 113K)

what a wild ride this has been holy shit

>could of

A prototype of Maximo 3 before it was cancelled.

youtube.com/watch?v=OOeW4r3rAQk

This.
I never heard of the game until a few weeks before it came out and I loved the hell out of it.

as someone that didnt follow its development i liked what it did as it came out, but its one of those things where its painful to realize what didnt come with the final release, despite my enjoyment

This would have been so fucking bad

>Diddy is the product of incest
deepest lore

i enjoyed it when i played it back in the day but i was a retard kid so theres that to keep in mind

its still kinda fun to go back to every now and again but it couldve been much better

>could of
I wish I could strangle every single on of you little shits doing this

Attached: famitsu.special.edition.issue422.october1997.article.pg264.jpg (805x1000, 918K)

one*

Attached: famitsu.special.edition.issue422.october1997.article.pg265.jpg (757x1023, 286K)

The fucking manual spoiled Midna's true form, I don't think anyone that worked on that cared what the actual game was about.

There's a thing called Quality > Quantity. There exist an alpha of Serious Sam which is literally a completely different game than what we have now. First off, it had a shitton of levels, 37 exactly, and the alpha is an example of this Quantity > Quality stigma. I mean feast your eyes.

youtube.com/watch?v=5JyiaPhLkeM

but lets say they managed to get quality AND quantity of these colossi, but cut half due to time related reasons. what then?

Mew is under the truck
Good times

Won't stop hurting...

Attached: 1437332327804.png (500x750, 381K)

>100 posts til bumplimit
why are these threads so successful?

The scrapped/planned content from Dragon's Dogma is physically painful.

The purple prizes

Twisted Metal: Harbor City. In recent events, someone dumped an old prototype ROM that's like barely started. There exist a much later build somewhere... A possible late 2003 or early 2004 build.

Attached: TMB2_a.jpg (1299x1370, 406K)

I'm sure it wouldn't be as good as 2016, but I'd be interested in playing a finished version of the Doom 4 beta.

Attached: 32475423446345.jpg (900x581, 71K)

I'm torn between mother 3 on the n64, and the rumored early builds of an actual shin megami tensei x fire emblem game.

>changed because of fucking Naruto

I'm also curious about how Croteam would have done it.

Attached: 141f0exarkf31.jpg (1357x3061, 849K)

And speaking of Doom, it looks like Samuel Hayden's design was originally supposed to be the design of a mass-produced personal assistant robot.

Attached: 379720_20190725202152_1.png (1920x1080, 2.56M)

have you anons ever released prototypes or betas of games? or any form of media related to them (magazines)?

Attached: 1534053242614.png (230x219, 87K)

Cool I've never seen this before. Has this guy been modded in or still in the files?

Explain, I'd like to know what got cut.

Attached: 1417643530235.jpg (960x2797, 1.24M)

The ADA-01B Adler from Ace Combat 5.

It's interesting to see what could have been, whether it's little bits of cut/altered content, or games that went an entirely different direction from how they started out.

Attached: Untitled.png (1280x720, 641K)

this is a really specific plane user. tell me its story

I don't have the images but the game was basically supposed to be two times bigger than what we got (an official quote). There was a glider to travel long distances, an elven city beyond the Witchwood forest, the Everfall was an endless tower that spanned dimensions and you were supposed to fight Grigori on the fucking moon.

Then again, it's a PS2 game. You think stuffing in 48 Colossi, fully coded and fully functional, is possible? Not to mention time constraints.

>8 years
WHAAAATTTT

possible? yes, multiple discs would be needed. would it take a long fucking time? yes, and thats not something game dev allows anymore

>Bigger map
>Elven City
>Fighting Grigori on the moon

Thanks, now I wish I didn't ask.

I went on a binge, looking through Dreamcast Magazine for stuff relating to Evolution: The World of Sacred Device.
I wound up finding plenty of very early concept art and a bunch of gag comics.

Attached: Chase.png (645x539, 849K)

I was slightly wrong. The -01A variant was cut from Ace Combat 5. It would have had burst missiles like the Scinfaxi and Hrimfaxi, but they didn't have time to complete it before the game shipped. The -01B variant is in Infinity. I don't know if there's any difference between the two besides the name.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (946x599, 90K)

Name one game that NEEDS more than 1 disc on the PS2? I know some games on the XBONE used more than one since the hardware ain't got shit for a Blu-Ray player.

i doubt most people here care about arcade racers, but here goes
youtube.com/watch?v=x_kvZPW6yFc
youtube.com/watch?v=VzuN_RUddl4

everyone has something they want to vent about

youtube.com/watch?v=gzsLrcTNfO8

Attached: 1553732952274.jpg (4548x3088, 1.19M)

youtube.com/watch?v=POZEB-H_k_0

He's in the files and has a few animations associated to him like peeking from the lava and attacking, surprised no one has ever tried to finish him or at least add textures

Attached: 320px-SM64-Blargg.png (320x230, 32K)

This truly hurts. I was looking forward to this so goddam much.

>Episode 51 was to take place on a new map, the internal name of which is FLYK.

Multiple sound assets (such as the mission briefings) related to the mission are still present in the soundbanks for the game.

The mission's internal reference number was 10230.

Logic related to mission 51/10230 can be found in several places, including the mission descriptor file and many others (master\data1\Assets\Tpp\script\lib\TppDefine.lua, TppUiBootInit.lua, TppMissionList.lua, TppRevenge.lua, TppStory.lua, TppResult.lua, TppCassette.lua)

The raw code referencing mission 10230/Kingdom of the Flies can be found here; pastebin.com/txN5zY0X

Attached: s-l300 (1).jpg (300x300, 14K)

this is worst than no half life 3

Kinda wanna see it resurface but that shit is probably lost forever. Are you still friends with the other kid? Could ask him if he remembers at all

>countless kids back then saying Magikoopa was in the Japanese version

Wonder what it would've been. Return to Ground Zeroes maybe?

Wonder what made them cancel it then revive it years later on the ps3

not only is it on the back of the box, you can still get green chu jelly in game
youtube.com/watch?v=donW3DefifY

Only wrenches and the Rescue Ranger can heal buildings.

Yeah it would be cool to see him in a rom hack as a new enemy or something, dunno if he would look good with the Mario 64 lava textures

Holy shit this looks incredible.

Dying system, probably was in development hell on top of it. Or it never made it past the concept phase and got scrapped just because.

What?

HL2. Or what L4D1 was meant to be like, from what ive seen in Dam It. Cant wait for Back 4 Blood.

Just got a GC copy at a flea market for 1$ user. Feels good

With the right textures Blargg could blend in greatly with the lava, and could also peek out with their bright eyes to indicate they are about to attack. It would've been nice to have an active obstacle while surfing on the shell

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f (640x480, 189K)

Idiot

Do you guys evenknow what google is?
youtube.com/watch?v=HdDdFCcGYGg

AAAFHFHFFGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO GO THAT UNIVERSE

I really hope with DMC5 out of the way and the recent Switch release presumably being a success we'll get a proper sequel and see some of this realized.

Resident Evil 0 on N64

youtube.com/watch?v=jrJig54ptAY

Weird, never knew that guy made a second Blargg video even though I've searched the topic up before. Looks pretty cool, though I don't think Blargg would had shot fire.

>Tfw we'll never get that human girl from Sunshine's beta which could've expanded the fuck out of Mario's lore
Sucks.

Bayonetta

youtube.com/watch?v=DgRUJqrBVIM&list=PLaVnKYYesWo99U_C4N-4xvRsVpwwYcXAP

Street Fighter IV

youtube.com/watch?v=QVIlUoKnJHc

Dead Space on OG Xbox

youtube.com/watch?v=uflPgiiBa6g

mario's lore is too deep. needed a nerf

doesnt look like a darksouls enemy

Im not too well versed in shit like this but this thread has been super interesting. Is there any spooky/scary shit that has been cut from games?

>Original Destiny
It had so much potential

looks so surreal

I'm on a first name basis with Bob Engels, the executive producer to the second season and writer for the show since day one. I asked him about Deadly Premonition and he told me instantly that they were approached either by Swery or one of his employees (he was unclear about this) and "told the japanese guy that they had to take out all the blatant 1:1 Twin Peaks stuff"
It was originally going to be pretty much just twin peaks.
>I dont believe you
pic related is the shirt Cooper was shot in at the end of season 1.

Attached: shirt.jpg (675x900, 69K)

That or ura

I mean if Odyssey didn't prove to you that Miyamoto doesn't care about Mario's world-building, then I don't know what to tell you user

i was so hyped for this i feel like an absolute idiot now
this feels like a big scam
how did sony get away with this

You probably just saw the comercial that included it.
I saw it too and remember being in awe everytime the showed the fairy clip.

Capcom renewed the trademark last year,so it may not be fully dead. Might end up being a last guardian situation and come out next gen.

wow

>tfw no Twin Peaks game

i think the newer design looks better

I don't know. I always found Lethal Lava Land to be comfy since nothing in it attacks you unless you try to engage it. Adding in a lava surfing monster might ruin that.

Tomb Raider: Anniversary by Core Design, the original developers of Tomb Raider before it scrapped

youtube.com/watch?v=e2SjHGjfsP4

Crash Tag Team Racing on Nintendo DS

youtube.com/watch?v=x1sHMKI4UKU

The original Doom 4 before it was cancelled

youtube.com/watch?v=kFWRkj0UQKM

Gears of War

youtube.com/watch?v=C_dFsE0TUdY

Here's the cut sniper and berserker from metal arms. I've got the textures (that's what they're using in those render I'm gonna post) here's the 3ds Max files.

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/391009710309900288/609263728243900416/MA_Assets.rar

Attached: unknown.png (875x733, 496K)

What is this?

And here's the berserker.

Berserker was removed b/c they redid the wastelands (would have introduced two enemy types) and they ran out of time to script the sniper (he's got references in the csv files)

Attached: unknown.png (782x628, 392K)

Would have been so fucking cool, i liked the GTA V's missions where michael gets socked in the head and has to shoot his way out of the morgue, and the one where you infiltrate a secret lab through its sewer, steal some kind of WMD and one of the feds you worked with has to shoot himself in the leg in order to claim he was a double agent.

I like how Toby Atanwe was originally a top pirate of the flooded LA ruins, and how if you look at his jacket in the final game, you can still see sharks in the design.

There are roms lying around.

>Doom 4 has Glory Kills
Huh, interesting.

remember how many rumors there were about unlocking toad in ssbm

actually kind of fucked up toad still can't be in smash

sonic had some half truth to it

>the couple of them that were cut because they were "too difficult"
F

>you can unlock wario in Super Smash Bros. 64 by unlocking every character, deleting your save, doing it again twice, and Ness will be replaced with Wario on the third time.

still mad

It was always interesting to me that a School bus almost made the cut for GTA 3.

True, still wish Blargg got in though, his design hasn't been used since the SNES Mario games

Attached: Blargg_Super_Mario_World.png (459x266, 159K)

before we hit the bump limit, show us something interesting

at first i thought that was a bionicle

How old was this shit? I swear I remember this back when I was in Elementary school with Cloud and KOS-MOS but maybe I've lost perception of time. I'm almost 30 now.

lostmediawiki.com/Stage_Debut_(cancelled_Nintendo_GameCube_game;_2002-2004)

Attached: 13145.jpg (640x480, 96K)

Nah it was going to be tracking Liquid and the kids down leading into a final fight with Sahelanthropus involving all of the Diamond Dogs. The unfinished cutscenes are out for all to see. The rest was never to see the light of day sadly.

youtube.com/watch?v=-B4JIHh5Jqk

The remake was the perfect time to bring them back since Ueda wasn't there to cut shit, Sony should've done it.

i remember when i was a kid, i thought Demonik(real game advertised in Grandma's Boy that was never released) looked like the coolest shit. last time i looked up what was shown,though, i thought it looked like shit

>the dev had a chance to add cut colossi
>"nah, it's a story about x number of colossi, it's fine as is"

Attached: 1383089194789.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

Why do you care about what people want? Who the fuck are you? Oh wait, fucking nobody. Suck a fat cock you stupid queer.

>all this people
Learn English before you talk shit, retard.

2010 E3 Bioshock Infinite. The story was a million times better, the lighting engine looked fucking great, and the feel was all around more menacing. It's way better than the garbage we got. I know it's out there too because there's screenshots of various builds of the game on Steam locked as beta with a password.
youtu.be/Y_DSfjAdhlU

Attached: e3 2010.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

alot of people talk like that, shemale!

i am just baffled why they refuse to do anything with daisy's kingdom, at all, ever

sarasaland has never been depicted in any capacity outside of SML. it's only referenced to even exist if Daisy needs a bio in a spinoff game. i dunno why they hate giving daisy any depth whatsoever or ever revisiting sarasaland

>that shield

holy shit it's the TP wooden shield

Attached: Wooden_Shield_%28Twilight_Princess%29.png (466x600, 311K)

The builds in question

Attached: betas.png (611x413, 35K)

Is it weird to say that 2000s trailers had a different feel about them? I can't even figure out what it is.

user posted an image from a romhack. It replaced the Kokiri shield texture with the TP wooden shield.

What was up with the Duel of Fates music in the Tomb Raider trailer?

Attached: 1392062714836.jpg (663x550, 44K)

Persona 5 had a fully fleshed out system for reversed social links and pretty much all the dialogue for the relevant scenes is translated in the game's code. the TCRF page for it is meaty as fuck

Also Akechi was intended to have a Palace, again with all the relevant dialogue written for the resident demons

Attached: 1501131659766.png (1356x1540, 1.59M)

>let's replace the shield of the kokiri that has a kokiri logo on it with some random texture from another game
God damn it, why are texturefags so fucking autistic.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z4fSuvmKD9A

Attached: Crash_Team_Racing_2010_13467165515103-890x538.jpg (890x538, 58K)

Still makes me mad to this fucking day

Attached: Horizon zero dawn.jpg (636x954, 165K)

Yeah, a lot of people with a shitty grasp on English. Just because a lot of people do it, doesn’t make it ok. Take your mom, for example.

a shittier version of this got made for mobile if i recall

>I'll break the curse of my heritage!
Feels bad man

Not really cut content. Just killed game some years after release.

Attached: Gigantic-Key-Art-1.jpg (1024x576, 70K)

Really wish Metal Arms got a PC release. Its a shame the series is stuck in limbo thanks to blizzard

It became DreamWorks Super Star Kartz.

It's especially a shame in Smash Bros. All of the creatures from Daisy's kingdom are her subjects, just brainwashed by Tatanga into defending Tatanga, see? Super Mario Land also has this FLOWER creature (fitting Daisy's flower theme) who's whole thing is shooting spore, which is what Toad does in SSB, and this enemy is from the Kingdom that Daisy herself is from. Yet instead of just modeling and implementing this subject of her own, they just give Daisy a blue Toad. It's sad, pathetic, lazy, and stupid. Sarasaland must have been fucking nuked or something.

Attached: Pomponartwork.png (100x122, 11K)

those are some cool armor designs

That's not even the most interesting cut content left in the game files, there's shit from seemingly an entirely different game in there, which I really, really suspect Prison Island was a recycled part of

Whats the one thing you want released before you die

Attached: grape.png (822x899, 34K)

there's a lot more but i'm too tired to find them

Sabreman Stampede.

Attached: Sabreman Stampede.png (384x288, 240K)

before i die i'd like to release a mighty fat nut into a cute girls pussy

id rather not continue my gene pool, ill let my soi brother do that. at least he's the successful one

Just enjoy the fact they they will die working 15 hours a day as a salaryman, someone else will find their belongings and upload the roms

nah man i don't want to continue mine either i just want to hear her beg for me to cum inside her dunno why

>risking the chances to begin with
ill stick to 2D thanks

Attached: 1565056913799.jpg (750x746, 90K)

Sabreman Stampede would have had Captain Blubber from the Banjo-Kazooie games.

Attached: Sabreman Stampede Captain Blubber.png (227x287, 83K)

Super Mario RPG 2

no risk if i punch her in the gut after nutting

Legend of Mana sequel

>nobody mentioned portal
>through the whole thread

Attached: 1564363940248.png (898x802, 667K)

Portal sucks shit, it's the most soi shit ever, legitimately makes me sick.

Remember when the Gamestop listing said there were levels in Russia and NYC?

god fgucking damnit I had not thought about this for months and now im angry as fuck again. it's not you fault user, i love that you are as upset about this as me, but for fucks sake why did they drop it? now we're getting this shitty ass jedi wiffle bat game.

Half-Life 3

It's right above Gaping Dragon's boss room, and it connects to the tunnel right above the dead end you get the greataxe at. Pretty much right near the bonfire.

As to where it would have connected, can't really say, there's nothing it lines up with on any map, so whatever it connected to has been removed, as far as I can tell, maybe there are .flver meshes in the game files that aren't loaded in the actual level data that could shed some light on it but otherwise there just doesn't seem to be anything.

Only theory I have relates to this older version of Firelink's layout that is only seen as an LOD from Blighttown, it has a bridge leading from the main bonfire area off into the walls surrounding Undead Burg. Seems like at one point you have taken the bridge into lower burg's walls and then into lower burg, then worked your way up, instead of going up the hill and into the aqueduct (which doesn't exist in this version of Firelink) to get to upper burg. Obviously cut really early on since nothing of the sort exists in the game files as far as I can tell.

The Remastered edition shipped with some unremoved dev leftovers that didn't ship in any version of the original so someone with a 1.0 copy should rip the files and see if there's anything leftover in the normal map files as well. Maybe there will be some remnants of older stuff in there.

Attached: old firelink.png (1341x890, 430K)

N64DD content for Nintendo's IPs, SOTC cut colossi, or Tekken X Street Fighter.

showed this to the guy behind most of the darks souls cut content documentation and this is his reply

Attached: file.png (688x153, 25K)