What's the hardest game ever made?

What's the hardest game ever made?

Attached: 9-w4_cover2.jpg (500x764, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/vr/thread/S1632997
lparchive.org/Wizardry-IV/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ikaruga

Dark Souls, a game made for hardcore gamers.

Attached: Dark Souls - Knight Artorias Fight.webm (600x336, 2.94M)

Came here to post this.
Dark Souls is THE hardest viseogame in history.

MGSV... no reflex mode no tagging no detection meter

lol

Not familiar with this series, what makes Wizardry IV so hard?

Attached: Throb of the Demon's Heart is actually an unrelated spin-off and not a version of Wizardry (1200x1200, 1.07M)

Who the FUCK thought any of this was a good idea?

other than the usual image which just has been posted, here's a brave /vr/gins account of Wizardry 4 - it should illustrate the experience of playing this "game" quite vividly.
warosu.org/vr/thread/S1632997

This image doessn't begin to convey the horror.
As you might expect, the arrows indicate 1-way walls. There are teleports, traps, riddles, and the only way to tell where you are is by mapping as you go and hoping to see it again once you inevitably loop back to the other side.

Attached: wizardry 4 map.gif (560x560, 46K)

Bump

It was back in the day when developers assumed you not only played the last game but mastered it at the highest level.

I really recommend looking up a wizardry 4 walkthrough since it's honestly the most sadistically designed RPG I've ever seen in my life.

Dwarf Fortress

Call of Duty Modern Warfare on veteran, not even fucking joking.

It was basically an RPG for masochists. The previous Wizardry games were notorious for being brutally difficult, but some fans said they wanted it to be even more hardcore, so Wizardry 4 was created.

Shit bait

Spacechem is probably up there.

They deliberately set out to make Wiz4 the hardest game ever made, I believe there's one part where you need to know something about SirTech's staffing arrangements in order to complete a puzzle.

Daioujou

Not bait, the fucking grenade spam...

Virtually all of Wizardry 4's encounters were also submitted by players. They sent the word out that they needed people to send them parties of various levels and optimizations. And they took the horde of mixnmaxed autism they got sent and told you "Ok, now you're the final boss and here are the adventurers trying to kill you. Good luck."

The puzzle design is downright fucking evil on top of that.
>"have you forgotten something?"

here's something to read through if you want to see how difficult it is without actually having to play the game.
lparchive.org/Wizardry-IV/

>let's plays
yeah fucking actually playing through that shit myself. My power level isn't quite that high.

Oh, I forgot to mention the secret ending. Getting that wad fucking insanity and trying to achieve it is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.