What is the War of the Worlds of video games?

What is the War of the Worlds of video games?

Attached: 1565195827365.png (733x395, 270K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O-uulmO5DAs
youtube.com/watch?v=ppUl_CBuyz8
youtu.be/uJrbz0wiT28?t=2396
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Resistance series. Two as a game is really damn generic though, 1 and 3 are both better

There's a game set in 1980's Sweden where you fight giant robots or something. I can't remember the name, I've never played it.

There's a War of the World's RTS based on the musical.

I hated the movie.

Half Life 2 duh

Ending of WotW movie in Boston was even inspired by the City17 fight with the striders

Only because of herp a derp Scientology man, the screeching kid and the dumb emo faggot. the characters really were awful but the action was great.

EDF

Mass Effect. Those assholes look a lot like Reapers, they do similar shit, too. Only, ME is across the entire galaxy whereas WotW is

In the cinematography sense I agree, but Jesus Christ the characters were horrendous, especially the dumb as shit girl who finally made me realize how much I detest kid characters in movies. When Scary Movie gives the guy a better reason to stay behind than the movie it's parodying you know the whole plot is absolutely retarded.

what

There's a game set in 1980's Sweden where you fight giant robots or something. He can't remember the name, and he's never played it.

THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=O-uulmO5DAs

Here, I remember mildly enjoying this review. Gives you something to watch for a half hour. Released August 11th 2018?... ayy.

user?!

Unironically this.

It's Generation Zero and its the worst aspects of every Avalanche game combined
If you mean the modern one as a post 9/11 allegory I'd dare say Nier but as a literal "giant aliens fucking shit up" thing are good picks

Thanks, I'm feeling like watching something to get pissed off more at the movie.

Attached: 1495796172376.jpg (245x204, 18K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ppUl_CBuyz8

old kino

ULA

>No Thunder Child moment
FUCK Spielberg

Universe at War?

It's actually pretty fun.
A bit janky, but what do you expect.

Attached: JW-WOTW-02.jpg (640x480, 58K)

very based

>9/11 allegory
>Nier
How so?

>That one CYOA of War of the Worlds
>Connects to The First Men in the Moon, From Earth to the Moon, etc
>One of the endings has it turn out the Martians never actually killed people, only liberated the people of Earth to a higher plane of existence with near omnipotent bodies

A lot of N64 games have that fog.

Half life 2 took direct inspiration from war of the worlds and 1984 so that.

>War of the Worlds
> Only takes place on one world

H. G. Wells? More like F. A. G. Wells

Attached: 1540399243909.jpg (468x630, 68K)

>OF the worlds

This movie is amazing, I've been waiting for a giant monster survival game with fully destructible environments ever since.

>what is a game where retards actually believed the hype
No Man's Sky

This is the stupidest and most redundant post I have seen in multiple days

I think Tom Cruise runs around like a helpless little girl in that movie until a virus kills the aliens so a lot of horror games do the powerless thing now.

Don't talk sbit about Cruise. His brats were obnoxious though. I really wish they weren't in the film at all.

Universe at War

Attached: universe-at-war-earth-assault_screenshots_20110218010729-1178081179-678x381.jpg (678x381, 58K)

>I think Tom Cruise runs around like a helpless little girl chasing his autistic little girl

Fixed it for you. The rest is accurate, is such a non-plot with absolutely no substance other than shock value and an ending seen as pulled out of their asses because humans win out of nowhere with no in-movie explanation at all. By far the biggest waste of movie money in my life.

>Ending pulled out of their ass with no explanation
>The movie literally explains it
Are you jeremy from cinemasins?

Wouldnt it be Horizon Zero Dawn or some shit?

Different user, but I read somewhere that Nier Gestalt was inspired in part by 9/11, Because Yoko Taro contemplated what kind of head-space you'd have to be in to commit acts of mass murder and still consider yourself to be morally justified, as well as the "us vs. them" mentality that fuels war.

Attached: King Sechs.png (500x442, 101K)

I fucking loved this game.

>movie includes an autistic child
I have no idea why this still crops up. Literally nobody likes child actors and adding autism to the mix is a recipe for disaster.

Forgive me, it has been years since I watched it and the last part from the movie I remember is the scene when they get free from one of the alien ships with a grenade, then the next one is just them along some soldiers seeing how a bird was standing over one of the ships before blowing it into pieces, cue ending sequence with the two walking through an almost pristine street with falling leaves where the girl's family and the teen now wearing soldier uniform were waiting for them

How so?

Just before that bit you remembered, and even in the book they literally say "The aliens were defeated by bacteria God in his infinite wisdom put on the Earth"

Isnt HL2 kind of like a post war of the world ? It does have tripods.

Nothing will top Jeff Wayne's musical

>when the aliens conquer Earth by showing their slick dance moves

This is one of those situations where if you don't realize it then you're a retard

>both the 1953 and the 2005 film radically change the martians appearance
i never got why they did that

Attached: tumblr_m17lqsc66b1qc6jxfo1_250.png (120x150, 9K)

>modernizing war of the worlds
I really hate this.

Or maybe it's you who doesn't realize.

Attached: 1519984437440.jpg (402x431, 23K)

Agreed, the 1950s movie was zoomer garbage compared to the classic book

Never read the book, that's why I said no in-movie explanation. I remember before that he kills one crazy guy who was giving them shelter before the idiot kid runs outside to scream in front of a ship. I simply can't recall when they talked about an Earth virus affecting them.

God I fucking hated that girl.

>child actor
>is a brat
>has mental issues
>a fucking retard without common sense
>always cause of so many indirect deaths in action and horror movies
>or all of the above

Actually having a kid having to be watched over by the MC because reasons is a huge dealbreaker.

Kind of have to, unless you want to see Martian machines that can be brought down by an ironclad dreadnought be utterly annihilated by modern weaponry.

Last I checked victorian england didn't have modern military hardware.

THE CHANCES OF DISCUSSING VIDYA ON Yea Forums
ARE A MILLION TO ONE, HE SAID

Attached: 1563328732746.png (1400x1400, 2.27M)

>modern day predator remake was made
>child character is autistic
>the predators want the kid and believe that autism is the next step for human evolution

Attached: 0DC29C7D-5F16-4610-9843-16C35E6EB146.jpg (723x744, 108K)

Someone for the love of God try to explain Cruise's son actions in the film. There has to be a rational explanation as to why he is such an annoying fucking fag with a death wish.

its a war between earth and mars (or wherever the aliens canonically came from).

STANDING FIRM BETWEEN THEM
THERE LAY THE THUNDERCHILD

So what you're saying is that all adaptations of old things must forever be restricted to that time period?

If you don't realize why bringing up No Man's Sky's expectations in a thread about war of the worlds then you're definitely retarded

The American dream of fighting for your homeland, fighting for your people, fighting for a cause, fighting fighting fighting.

user please stop being retarded.

>Movie
>"I gotta watch this, dad, let me run in the middle of the battle because I NEED to watch, dad"
>Scary Movie parody
>"Let me go with them dad, they'll pay my college"

Unbelievable how a spoof gave him a better reason to stay behind.

youtu.be/uJrbz0wiT28?t=2396
THERE WERE SHIPS OF SHAPES AND SIZES
SCATTERED OUT ALONG THE BAY
AND I THOUGHT I HEARD HER CALLING
AS THE STEAMER PULLED AWAY

You just said that WotW should never be adapted outside of the time it was written.

THE INVADER MUST HAVE SEEN THEM

Some people genuinely like seeing death and destruction dude

I said I disliked it, to which you through out
>so adaptations of old things must forever be restricted to that time period?
Again, stop being retarded.

>the part where they lose the car
>the part where they're waiting to get on the ferry and the little kid sees the tripod
>the mass panic as people try to climb on the boat as it pulls away
>when the boat goes under and everybody is swimming towards shore with the tripods right behind them
This movie did a phenomenal job in portraying mass panic and disaster, but everything about the kids just ruins it.

Attached: 1549187281488.jpg (800x584, 156K)

Feels good to have watched this as a kid and relate to them

While leaving behind his father doing everything he can to keep them alive and his borderline retarded little sister. He should have died on the spot.

Actually, the dad wakes up to see his daughter had disappeared, he goes outside to find her and sees her just standing there staring up at a tripod with a blank "duuuuuuh" expression before it notices her, walks over, and picks her up, with her just standing there the entire time. Apparently that was the only way they could think of to have the dad also get grabbed and do the whole "blows up the tripod with a bunch of grenades" action scene.

The heat ray leapt from man to man

>War of the Worlds broadcast in 1938 caused people to fall for the hype and think the alien invasion is real
>No Man's Sky hype caused people to fall for the hype and think the advertised features are real

>Yea Forums
>believes lies when there is obvious evidence indicating otherwise
Clockwork

Yeah, he's young and dumb, what a surprise?

This is the only answer.

Attached: 1565346953621.jpg (640x640, 66K)

He didn't want to watch, he wanted to fight.

That's true, there was a scene earlier where Cruise asked him to come up with an idea that doesn't involve him joining the army