2019... I am forgotten

2019... I am forgotten

Attached: jak.jpg (1000x600, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ylxaSM5KdvA
youtube.com/watch?v=35xZDaGI8cY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

does ND even own the rights to it anymore?
I hope they don't because they'd probably turn it into a commentary on trump or the wage gap.

>2019
>still can't be emulated without graphical glitches

Attached: 1538921056574.jpg (584x575, 50K)

daxter on vita is peak soul. Reminder to download all your isos from pkgj before the exploit is closed.

Wouldn't mind playing as Keira though

Most of the PS2 cannot be emulated without graphical glitches because snoy wont release the specs to the ps2 hardware, so emulator devs have to play best guess

Sony should just release the specs, its over a decade old now.

it wont get closed, there was just a firmware update and i downloaded ys VIII with no problem

>Naughty Dog

1 more year and the PS2 is 20 years old, user.

this is pre-movie ND. when andy and jason were still around.

in a burqa making quips about punching nazis?

What a great game, every time i go back to play I can't put it down.

>does ND even own the rights to it anymore?
Jak & Daxter was always owned by Sony
stop being retarded

I'M GONNA KILL PRAXIS .

>"... I am untainted by modern game publisher political horseshit"

"A couple years back, in my art 'collecting' days, I sent 5 of my best men down into the sewers to get that statue, but a massive storm flooded the sewers. I lost all of them, and the statue."

"That's terrible."

"Yes... I've missed that statue ever since."

Attached: Dv3bI3jW0AA6ZjF.jpg (1200x675, 96K)

Attached: Jak 3_20190624000851.png (1920x1080, 352K)

>thrown away by your creators so they could make SJW movies that are purposefully designed to be not fun
truly the saddest of fates in all of vidya.

Jak X racing was fun.
It had good music
youtube.com/watch?v=ylxaSM5KdvA

What are the odds we get Jak in CTR NF?

2>1>3
TPL was very fun but too easy. 3 had some neat concepts but fucked up in the writing. 2 has the best gameplay and writing

Maybe if they can monetize it.

0 percent chance. crash is multiplat now, unless they do a soul calibur and give each platform an exclusive racer

Hopefully they remake these someday.

I unironically played this recently and finished it in like 6hrs and a few rum & cokes.

2 and 3 might actually be good games with vehicles that dont blow, and combat that isnt shit

AND YOUR SUIT SUCKS

Attached: file.png (1051x494, 571K)

>AND YOUR SUIT SUCKS
Haha... wait a minute. Reminder that the Sly series could have gone the same route as Jak 2 onward.

Attached: 88895123c6ab9dc29a8742f421d7fa71.jpg (960x788, 65K)

Attached: sly-cooper-jumping-concept-art-madureira-pencil.jpg (802x800, 81K)

I feel both series improved immensely with their sequels and gave them a better identity.
Jak 1 was the most generic, cookie cutter 3D platformer. You live in a fantasy world that is being destroyed by the Dark people, you collect 2000~ of the world's currency and at least 100 of the main collectible which acts as the key between worlds/areas. You also have a partner (but here he does nothing of value other than quip). You also have a few gimmick sections.
The switch in Jak 2 changed it from cookie cutter 3D platformer to platforming shooter and allowed for more interesting gameplay opportunities.
On the opposite end, Sly 1 was very unique but very bland.
Sly 2 doubled down on everything that worked in Sly 1 and cut everything that didn't, and kept going until they made what would be their perfect Sly focused Sly Cooper game. Since they knew they couldn't be topped, the third game didn't focus on Sly but more on other characters, for better (most of them) or worse (fucking Dimitri's two scuba sections)

Imagine her toes with modern consoles

Attached: 62E997983C764D43BFD8F91CDE004965.jpg (671x313, 39K)

Gotta admit, that trailer for this game felt amazing back then; youtube.com/watch?v=35xZDaGI8cY
And yeah, kind of feel bad for Sanzaru, having to top 2 (which 3 didn't do in the eyes of many) was probably a daunting task. Still, wish they has kept the comic book like cut scenes and change certain story elements.

Attached: bosseslineup rough1 copy_paul sullivan.jpg (1600x645, 186K)

Why did they have to ruin Penelope?

Final frontier was kino for a psp game

Starlink had exclusive content on switch and no other console.

>yet another furry series
And stay in the bin with Star Fox, Banjo, and Sly Cooper.
So glad you stupid furries aren’t pandered to anymore. The idea of using talking animals was never and will never be a good idea.

Attached: 0BA56CBA-9C1E-4441-B47C-597D4317189C.jpg (1024x577, 61K)

I really didn't like Sly 4.
With the new models and artstyle, it lost a lot of the slapped together charm of the originals (where characters would be doing their normal gameplay animations in cutscenes and then suddenly jolt up when they started talking), and the new cutscene style just looked ugly. Going for full animation missed the point of 2 and 3 doing mostly static images with only small moving parts.
There's also the fact that a lot of the Coopers are 'Sly Cooper BUT' and Carmalita is just there. Sly 3, when it made you play as other characters, it gave them their own gameplay style completely, Guru could possess people and disguise himself to make up for lacking in other areas, Penelope does the gadgets, Panda has his fireworks schitck, Dimitri is shit.
Then there is also the piss poor story that completely takes away from the conclusiveness but open-ended ending of 3. The Sly trilogy said everything it needed to say by that point and 4 acted as an unnecessary extension.
Probably in an attempt to replicate Sly 2 in some way. Where Bentley is forced to develop, but in Sly 2, it felt far more natural. In 4, Penelope is forced to be a villain again for no good reason, and God that fucking series of cliffhangers at the end despite the fact that Sanzaru never intended to make a sequel.

>furry series
>only one main character is a talking animal and it's seen as a joke at the character's expense
>the only other time we see talking animals is at the end of the final game

>Jak and Daxter
>furry series
what the fuck?

>iPhone poster is a retard
Who would have known?

I'd say that could apply to Ratchet & Clank too, but the original is still good and just got better with the sequel. All three peaked with their second entry but it's kind of hard for me to pick between Jak 2 and 3

I replayed Jak 3 recently and I was considering it to be superior to Jak 2. Then I replayed Jak 2 and realized it was just as fun, and then it fucking stopped working because the disc stopped spinning in my PS2 for no reason.
Also, we can all agree that Deadlocked is the best of the Ratchet series.

Naughty Dog Games
CTR>Jak and Daxter>Crash 2> Crash 3>Jak 3>Jak 2>Crash> Jak X>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Uncharted 2>Uncharted>Uncharted 3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Uncharted 4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The overrated of us

Nice blog

They're elves you dipshit

deadlocked was good but I prefer platforming.

Jak 2 and 3 were too ambitious for the console they released on. they spent so much time making these giant landscapes to traverse that they forgot to make the game play well and feel fun. i might be wrong, but im pretty sure ratchet 1 was already out and showed the world how awful it played without a strafe function, and then jak 2 and 3 come out and have the same gameplay + shit vehicles

>traverse that they forgot to make the game play well and feel fun
That's exactly what I got with the hoverboard.

No everyone is buying it on ps store for easy Platinum trophy

in the culture of 2019, its for the better

Why do you people think Naughty Dog are the gatekeepers of whether this franchise comes back?

Sony could literally give it to whoever they want, which they have a couple of times. And it didn't really work out?

Things are allowed to end guys

Nothing really replaced it. It was the only series with a healthy mix of platforming and combat. Before platforming meant holding the stick to watch an animation play, and combat meant Resident Evil 4 but worse.

Stop pooping on my parade.

Attached: 1560096460351.webm (874x950, 2.09M)

>outing yourself as a zoomer newfag

Why is Japan so obsessed with underage girls?

They're still trying to shake off lmao2nukes

I will forever stand by the idea that Jak 2 was the beginning of Naughty Dog's rapid descent. GTA 3 was the hot new coattail to ride and they were gonna do it biggerer and betterer without actually having any of the major GTA features at all and in fact just being really watered-down elf cyberpunk city with a scoop of Dune thrown in for good measure, then a whole bag of it was dumped on the third game.
They're still fun enough games but they just show you how much Naughty Dog wanted them GTA bucks and to have "mature" elements to try and sell their funny elf and ferret platformer to the teen demo.
Now they make shitty movies and have hustled out every single person that made Naughty Dog's games any good.

When they get into Smash, it'll revive the series.

>Naughty Dog's rapid descent
>Uncharted 4 sold more than all 4 ND Jak games combined

And the latest Star Wars is what, the highest-grossing movie ever made? Doesn't make it not shit.

>And the latest Star Wars is what, the highest-grossing movie ever made?
not even close

Good

Oh, I'm sorry, I was thinking of the first reboot movie they did that's the FOURTH highest-grossing movie of all time.

Yeah, the actual last Star Wars movie, Solo, actually managed to lose money.

I was thinking of the Last Jedi or something, I forgot Solo even came out.
My point is that profitable doesn't mean not garbage, even if that sucks.

>My point is that profitable doesn't mean not garbage, even if that sucks.
The Last of Us has earned more awards and accolades than all 4 ND Jak games combined

they were trend chasing since crash 1. its just something they do competently.

>awards and accolades
From morons.

>awards and accolades
From people who struggle to push buttons.
That's not very impressive.

at that time paper was the only thing buy-able.