This is the Sega Saturn. It had more processors than it probably should have but was still a great console

This is the Sega Saturn. It had more processors than it probably should have but was still a great console.

Say something nice about it or he will come in to your room tonight and break your legs.

Attached: saturn.jpg (960x616, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OQRC6PZXgJw
youtu.be/3zs0dy7ieY4
youtube.com/watch?v=qg7sG4CsK_A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it sucked at 3D but it at least had the best ports of every 2D fighting game released at the time.

Dope name and aesthetic as fuck.

It sure did, but developers did their best to get 3D out of a system that couldn't quite do it. The results were a delight to see.

Attached: pd-cover.jpg (960x855, 294K)

god i miss it every day

how is it that the console with the most soul was the one to die the fastest

Attached: NiGHTS.jpg (2000x2830, 1003K)

There's a dozen reasons and a million lessons to learn why, but it won't change history.

Attached: atolm.webm (480x358, 2.84M)

it's got a great design, great games and great controllers. shame it was such a pain to develop for.

I don't want to toot my horn here but the sega website back in like 1997 had a browser Nights game and I briefly held the high score on it

In some areas where the PS1 would use FMV cutscenes, the Saturn would render the animations in real time with sprites.

Attached: saturn-2d.png (723x310, 171K)

This was the first system that got me into importing games. I remember receiving X-men vs Street Fighter for one of my birthdays. Later on i would import msh vs Street Fighter and some other fighting games. My only regret is not buying Radiant Silvergun when i had the chance.

but the console with the most soul won that generation.

>Say something nice about it or he will come in to your room tonight and break your legs

Attached: sgtsnshrsmwdhltg.png (1048x715, 553K)

I bought one when they had that 3 game thing when you buy one. Got Daytona USA, Virtura fighter and cop. It had a great controller

wow, you're a legend

so glad I dodged that bullet by getting a PlayStation instead of that failconsole

Elevator Action Returns is fantastic, as is pretty much every Treasure game on the Saturn

saturn fags just didn't have the fortune of playing PS1 first. saturn seems like a piece of shit downgrade of a console after playing PS1

Saturn 3D is fast! FAST!
youtube.com/watch?v=OQRC6PZXgJw

Attached: 1470057223334-3.jpg (720x960, 130K)

Maybe, but it couldn't even do proper transparency effects, it had to do dithering to mimic it...

It could do transparencies! Just look at those transparent stockings.

Attached: 1470057223334-0.jpg (500x555, 64K)

I fucking LOVE the Saturn UI and menu sound effects. Shit was fucking rad. I've been using the Saturn theme on my 3DS since it came out.

boomer trash

What would you want on the mini?

Attached: saturn mini.png (504x291, 151K)

go to hell

I bought a used one that I couldn't pass up for $30. All I have is Battle Monsters for it. youtu.be/3zs0dy7ieY4 I guess that's worth it.

Is there some attachment or some shit I could use to play ISOs on it or some shit?

satiator is in development, rhea/phoebe exists but is too much of a pain in the ass for a number of reasons. Psuedo Saturn is cheap, reliable and burning discs isn't really much of a problem although can be time consuming.

Thanks. I'll be on the look out for Satiator when it comes out. Sounds exactly like what I want.

do you think sonic x-treme could've saved the saturn?

Attached: ms_markivf.jpg (344x810, 58K)

Nah, bringing over more games and marketing the ones they had in the west would have done it more favors. Pic related is how Sega advertised an art house 3D shooter about a boy seeking revenge against an evil empire. Said 3D shooter is still considered the best of all time. Instead of playing that angle up, it's a gag about jerking off. Sega didn't have a games problem, it had a getting people to know the games problem.
youtube.com/watch?v=qg7sG4CsK_A

Attached: pdz-ad.jpg (760x1076, 298K)

I want the bitch from I Dream of Jeanie to poof out the controller port and suck my dick when I rub the disc tray, which has the same likelihood of happening as Sega making an affordable mini capable of emulating saturn games

With M2 at the helm it's more possible than you think.