Do you make video games a part of your identity?

Do you make video games a part of your identity?

Attached: 4df.jpg (995x1079, 173K)

I use it to connect with people who possibly share my interests, does that count?

Attached: 1564865517484.png (960x960, 1001K)

Probably the only time I feel like bringing it up. Other times it just doesn't feel relevant or just not worth bringing up.

Only when I want to play Splatoon 2 with someone online other than that, never

Not really. Even if I did what does it say about me? I play games somewhat seriously? I don't play professionally and unless the other person express interests in games, or at least the story, I don't really see my hobby becoming that interesting of a conversation piece.

Unless you are a developer or someone who works in the industry, not much point to bringing it up.

No, they're just a form of media that I consume. Unless you create them yourself, it seems silly to base any part or all of your identity around them.
Have video games provided me with some kind of ethic or aesthetic or philosophy that have informed my personality in some way? Also no. What an anti-climax.

Attached: 1565284540551.jpg (406x406, 52K)

Why would i want an identity

Attached: 1565087250014.jpg (1024x730, 67K)

I fucking hate nerds and weebs that can't hide their power level and just blend in like the rest of us. The fucktards who look straight up like a stereotype living in their mom's basement make the rest of us look bad.
Smash Niggers are the biggest offender

Attached: 1555584392902.jpg (1202x900, 125K)

I can say that some games may have influenced the way I write, presented me with some new ideas to ponder or even some of my favorite art. But even then I can't see them as part of my identity. Just some of my main influences as a content creator.

At most i’ll just mention the consoles I own and make a conversation out of that if the option presents itself. Hard to do now since it’s just “Yo, you play Fortnite, Apex, fifa/madden/nba, or any fotm game?”

I am ready for your rage, also before you say anything I'm a white heterosexual male

Attached: Self insert characters.jpg (1376x989, 388K)

Absolutely not.

I'm upfront and honest when asked, "Yes, I do play video games", but I've always abhorred the term "Gamer". It's like "Movier" or "Booker" or "Musicer"

You can die now, ironic weeb normalfag.

it's okay to self-insert as the protag, it's kind of the point of their existence in anime

Seriously nothing wrong with liking that type of character but what does that have to do with anything?

People on Yea Forums make fun of me because of it :(

Eh. Yea Forums has been trapped in a perpetual cycle of retardation and circlejerking even by the standards of Yea Forums for who knows how long now. Coming here for any sort of meaningful validation is probably a mistake.

no

Like gold or like trash just do what you enjoy as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

Yea Forums is allergic to thinking, so that shouldn't be a surprise to you.

Haikyuu is based
Season 4 when

I use to, but once goobergate got into full swing I quit.

I don't make anything part of my identity because I'm not an npc.

I don't know what I identify as

If nothing is part of your identity then what identity do you have?

I am I.

But what are you?

I did all throughout school but I was already a friendless loser anyway so I don't think it made much of a difference
I don't deny that I play a lot of vidya today if anybody asks but I don't really go out of my way to broadcast it or anything

You are you and whatever happens, at least try to get through life without becoming a total asswipe.

Also mouthbreathers like you sharing my hobby make me absolutely embarrassed

Yes
associating videogames with yourself when you look like a cute boy from a videogame works
but otherwise its difficult i'd imagine if you arent a professional or have a career in it

I am myself. The question is who are you?