What are your thoughts on level rubber-banding?

What are your thoughts on level rubber-banding?

"Dynamic level adjustment adjusts a character's attributes and level based on the area they are in, either reducing them to match their current area in PvE[1], or increasing their attributes and levels (typically to 80) in WvW or Structured PvP."

Attached: guild-wars-2.jpg (1000x563, 90K)

That's fucking stupid, if I'm super overleveled then I want to be curbstomping enemies that used to be challenging. What the hell is even the point of levelling if everything in the game stays at exactly the same difficulty level, might as well just make areas purely gated by level and remove enemy levels altogether. Obviously that sounds lame as hell but it's basically what this does.

What's the point of having levels at all? Just inflates gameplay at this point, artificial challenge.

Gothic did it right.

It can be kinda nice to be able to play with a lower level friend that has more of an on off schedule without the whole "here, let me maintain an alt at exactly the same pace you play." The cons outweigh the pros though

Then there's no point to old areas besides leveling

Unless it also changes xp rates then there's still going to be no point to old areas, and if it does then you might as well just sit in the starter area forever.

implying anybody goes to old areas when he has finished them

Play GW2 and see for yourselves

>take time to learn its still shit
yeah, no thanks

Attached: fuck you bug.jpg (972x910, 170K)

i play it right now and i'm so glad when i finished an area, i would never go back there again.

>download the game to learn exactly how retarded this mechanic is
I'm gonna pass

you just reminded me that they increased the level in GW2 to 80 from the 20 it was in GW1, for absolutely no fucking reason, just another mistake to add to the pile of trashheap that is Guild Wars 2

stay clueless then, I'm only trying to educate you
you might want to stop and play something else then because you will definitely come back, a lot, and if you were just stomping over every single mob, it would just be a race of who tagged first lol

You curbstomp those enemies anyway. It just keeps you from locking low-level players out of their content. And for what it's worth, the content scales up with the number of players participating as well. It's the kinda game it was designed to be.

The level 1-80 section is to gate new players into exploring the base game first but it doesn't stop them from participating in some of the other group content.

You do curbstomp lower level enemies once you're 80. If you have ascended gear, it gives you a higher power curve when scaled down to lower levels, so you still feel more powerful than before.

It's true. Old areas are near fucking useless aside from an event or achievement every few months. Anet fucking blows at making older content interesting.

It's called level scaling you mongoloid.

I can give GW2 a semi-pass, because gear is practically useless. You can wear grey items and still shit on everyone. But it makes no sense that you have to actually grind xp to get more bits of the story. The whole 1-80 grind is meaningless. They should just do the release system where you had to unlock slots through usage and completely level the level system as it serves no point.

ESO is the worst offender here. Gear is very important in ESO because it applies a damage penalty, for example:

level 1 character, wielding a level 1 dagger = normal damage. always kills a wolf in 3 hits for example. has 30k hp
level 500 character, wield a level 1 dagger = will deal no damage at all even to a rat. has 15k hp
level 500 character wielding a level 120 dagger = will only deal 30% damage compared to the level 1 with the level 1 dagger. has 15k hp

You literally need to powerlevel a character and unlock all CP, then make a new character for PvP, which can blow veterans the fuck out thanks to the level scaling. Then constantly make new alts for trials. The constellation skill points are account bound and you're gimping yourself if you keep playing with characters beyond level 50.

Experience rates depend on both the player's level and the level of the content you're playing. You'll get more experience in the same area at higher levels, but you'll also get even more experience in higher-level areas.

None of that is worth a fuss because it's piss easy to reach max level

reminder that nobody who worked on GW 2 had anything to do with the first one, they literally just hired trannies and women and the entire game is nothing more than a Dressing Room game for women

there were lots of og gw1 devs involved in gw2, its just that they got bullied out of the company over time which now consists of devs uncapable of developing new content / mechanics. they also ruined arena net to a point where theres barely a skeleton crew left. they dont even have enough people to release new expansions.

How do you explain the game being in the best state its ever been content wise then?

>Best content

Attached: gw172.jpg (385x362, 94K)

I don't remember saying that.

>game being in the best state its ever been content wise

Attached: 1540887648766.jpg (228x221, 25K)

since you are implying it was better before, which year exactly do you mean?

>Best content

Attached: gw151.jpg (1920x1080, 386K)

speedrunning daily dungeon path rewards was when gw2 peaked. after they nerfed that everything went to shit with mindless open world trains beeing the best source of gold/rewards. yes it wasnt perfect but atleast it was better than the tranny devs came up in recent time.
fuck that whole development team.

well, it's dead so I guess that's its peak form

it have 0 difference in gw2, since you keep all your talents. level 80 will still obliterate low level zones

post cute fhds, preferably with the new outfit

Dungeon rewards were buffed back shortly after to even better value with the shitload of tokens and no one ran them.
Fractals are just better content and much more rewarding.

why pof is being praised for being great expansion and hots is getting shit on. hot introduced glider, specializations, legendary armors and gen2 weapons, RAIDS, actually had decent story, great maps with great meta events, and had overall nice theme with those ancients robot thingis in jungle.
Pof on other hand, introduced only mounts, that's it, maps feels empty and there is no reason to go back to them, story is complete train wreck, now you are basically godlike being who can escape death and solo god of war in duel. Even specialization are step down, only decent one is holo

>HoT
>Good Story
What are you on?
>Godlike being who can escape death and solo gods in a duel
Didn't play Gw1 did you? Abbadon would like a word.
>Specializations
Some are shit yes, but if you think Dragon Hunter is better then Firebrand conceptually and game play wise you're a retard. Scourge also comes to mind.

Attached: 1496293539375.jpg (363x620, 108K)

Just started playing a few days ago, level 50 something Elementalist now

The games pretty fun so far, graphics are decent, combat is pretty fun at least with this class.

What makes it shit?

As a long time veteran from beta. The general handling of the game. NCsoft and Anet tripping over each others feet. Several writers turned the story into a mess. PvP is an absolute joke but people like me are stuck with no way out because you're here forever. General poor management of things Anet isn't focused on at the time, tranny shit and ESPATS.

There is still fun to be had and you are in for a ride once you get to Path of Fire. I'd recommend Skipping Heart of Thorns until you are done with PoF and have mounts. The game isn't as bad as Yea Forums says. It is however, shit. At least, it's my shit. Unfortunately I eat a lot of taco bell.

Attached: 27528956290.png (256x327, 148K)

>I'm only trying to educate you
yup its a tranny the only thing left playing this shit non game

OP im sorry but this game is on fucking life support dont kid yourself
The only reason anet hasnt cut off the other half of their staff is because NCSoft manages to carry them with tons of shitty Korean mobile MMO's

Attached: 1462148723170s.jpg (113x125, 4K)

I figured i'd consider the xpacs if I stuck around til max level, since I need one for the elite specs or whatever anyway.

What's wrong with HoT? I don't know shit about the xpacs except that i'm a second class player until I own at least one. Is it just not worth getting?

HoT maps are cancer to navigate. The mobs are very overtuned and unless you have a group you won't be able to get your specialization. PoF is far more solo friendly and the maps are still active.

This. Getting the Hero Points on HoT maps now suck any fun out of the game.

all the classes feel so boring
I was starting to somewhat enjoy weaver until I stopped playing for ~6 months and then I couldn't remember my rotations and would die too quickly

On the other hand, a lot of people still run around doing hero points almost every day.
There's nothing wrong with HoT, it has the absolute best maps in any MMO but I would get PoF first for the mounts which are simply the best for traversal, you'll cheese HoT with them though so I would play it first if you get both.
It's all up to you really.

Attached: chomp.webm (886x498, 2.99M)