I can't believe "people" have been whining about the lack of online multiplayer in River City Girls when solutions like...

I can't believe "people" have been whining about the lack of online multiplayer in River City Girls when solutions like Hamachi have allowed PC chads to play couch co-op beat 'em ups online for decades.

I swear you incompent fucks are the type of people who hurt yourselves just trying to turn on a computer.

Meanwhile us kings of the city have been enjoying Simpsons Arcade, Final Fight, and Turtles in Time online.

Attached: 1565406545834.png (175x174, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

destructoid.com/we-chatted-with-wayforward-about-river-city-girls-ass-kicking-heroines-kunio-kun-s-legacy-and-keeping-brawlers-fresh-563052.phtml
megamanroyale.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it's okay that this game releasing in 2019 doesn't have a feature that has no reason to not be in it, just use 3rd party apps bro
YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO USE A 3RD PARTY APP TO PLAY A NEW GAME ONLINE IN CURRENT YEAR.

Attached: b6c5b3575345faf6a28bf5319e01772984707146_hq.gif (500x337, 695K)

hamachi isn't a solution, it's garbage.

its time and resources. some of what you have too much and some that you lack

you mean like steam?

You have no idea how much work adding multiplayer to a game requires.

That's not how Hamachi works.

What there’s no online? Fucking DROPPED
And I was kind of looking forward to it, feels bad

Hamachi sucks.

Just work around the lack of this basic feature bro

>hamachi magically makes local coop games multiplayer

Attached: 1536055684487.jpg (493x276, 33K)

Hamachi doesn't let you do that in games that don't have lan plan, you need either fightcade or shit like parsec. It's dumb how none of these arcade style games have online multi, so not only are they worse designed than the classics but also don't take any advantage of modern features.

OK in that case me and my friend are just going to pirate the game and play it online for free :)

It has to support LAN for that you moron. It won't.

If it does then yeah, my complaint is gone.

>dude just use a separate app
I bet you defend Nintendo's lack of online communication because you can just pop open Discord
or even their stupid phone app

Some idiot made a browser Mario Battle Royale game and then another idiot with no programming experience and Game Maker ripped him off with Mega Man shortly after. Are you telling me Wayfoward can't afford to hire a network programmer?

>game doesn't have network multiplayer
>just use hamachi, bro

Attached: 1564531151720.png (1082x485, 670K)

It genuinely might not be in their budget, and it also might require massive restructuring. Do you remember how fucking long it took the stardew dev to rebuild his entire game from scratch for multiplayer? It didn't take him that long because he was lazy.

It's not really that hard anymore. Fuck with GGPO it should be pretty easy.

>Hamachi
>local coop
are you fucking retarded

>It didn't take him that long because he was lazy.
yeah, it took him that long because he's incompetent

Kill yourself

Attached: A51B7442AD4542A98359ED345A068CEA.gif (220x220, 336K)

Unironically, legitimately, if you make a beat em up and don't plan for online multiplayer from the start, you're incompetent and your game deserves to fail.

Fucking Castle Crashers had online.

Hamachi is basically an extension cord for a game's LAN function, which obviously this game won't have.

Fucking clunky ass Double Dragon Neon had online multiplayer on PC, there is literally no excuse

pretty sure the most kunio game on the 3DS or DS or whatever had an online mode too.

I hate that modern games have to choose between local and couch co-op.

Parsec, niggas

If there were are sure fire method of adding multiplayer for every game, like something that could be properly implemented without any variability between design and coding structure, you'd be right. Too bad that doesn't exist though. Once again, stardew dev's only option was to rebuild his entire fucking game for multiplayer. It's not feasible for every dev to account this into their development.

It took him that long because he built the entire game without online multiplayer in mind, all the while saying, "Yeah, I plan to release with online multiplayer."

Maybe he isn't lazy, but he is certainly an idiot.

This game sure is getting shilled hard. Gonna laugh when it sells like shit.

>Some idiot made a browser game
>actually thinking this is at all relevant
Way to admit your ignorance, you fucking moron.

>solutions like Hamachi have allowed PC chads to play couch co-op beat 'em ups online for decades.

Nigger, are you fucking retarded? Hamachi is a tunneling sowtware it won't do shit if the game doesn't have an IP multiplayer option. What it does is fucking resolveng connectivity issues between "gray" IP-addresses. Fucking PC chums, I swear. I bet you've bought a pre-built alienware tower too.

Attached: 1555711065385.png (800x605, 614K)

Sure they can if they're not lazy pieces of shit. Instead of saying how hard it is, they should just fucking do it.

>no online mode
>cringy story with awful voice acting
>director actively hates on his own product to impress women(meaning he has no faith in his own game)
>game looks easy as hell judging from the demo
>trophy leak shows the game only has 6 levels, which are probably only 10 minutes long at most if the demo is any indication. Meaning the game is barely an hour long.
>costs $30 despite all this
unironically if you buy this game, you are part of the problem and are actively proving that you don't even need to make a good product to sell as long as you shove waifus into it.

Attached: 1445808711394.jpg (250x290, 28K)

That's one retarded take.

I don't think there are many people with strong feelings on a game that looks so bad anyway

Attached: pr86BPxLXAvTqy8pWWir_N49d3j_CkZAp8lW57bZZ_8.jpg (600x643, 57K)

I doubt he planned for his game to be as massive as a success as it was, he similarly didn't plan for a Switch port. This is not incompetence.

Or, they won't, not because they're lazy, but because it requires more resources than they would gain from it. That's generally how business works.

PREASE UNDERSTANDU
WAYFORWARDU IS SMARU INDI KYUMPANY

Attached: 1477356521162.png (600x918, 714K)

Don't forget
>side scroller beat em up in 2019

When you promise online multiplayer for your game's release (before it even hits early access) and then release without it, yeah, that is incompetence. No two ways about it.

You do realize some emulators have LAN multiplayer functions right?

Bet ya bought Alienware right, faggot?

bitch do you really think wayforward and arcsys are this fucking broke and can't do it. Without an online mode, there is literally no reason to buy this game on consoles if you don't have someone that can come over and play the game with you(especially since you need to play the multiplayer in order to unlock all the achievements) and on PC there is no excuse to not have it, 3rd party apps shouldn't be your only option.

>double dragon type co OP beatemup game getting in-game online multiplayer wouldn't increase sales significantly to the point of justifying the man hours
Now are you saying that you're an idiot for thinking that, or the developers are idiots for thinking that? Because that's something only an idiot would think.

Over promising itself is a form of incompetence, but to say that him not putting multiplayer in the game was a product of incompetence is wrong, just as he was wrong to promise it without understanding its implications, just as you're wrong to assume it would be relatively easy and straight forward.

Most of your points are right but 6 levels is a good thing. Arcade games should be under an hour in length, the best part of the entire style is that you can just pick them up and get right into the action and potentially beat/1cc games in one sitting.

>made by SJWs
>panders to cucks
pass

You could just use Parsec for actual local co-op games. Hamachi won't help you here.

THIS THIS THIS THIS for fucks sake THIS

>People in 2019 actually white-knight game developers and corporations for putting their customers' interests last at the expense of their corporate, greedy interests.
I'm sure you like Bethesda too, don't you you little basedboy. When ES6 is released and it has 3 armor slots and 5 unique weapon skins, you'll praise them for allowing modders to fix their game for them.

Attached: 1561638211287.jpg (490x427, 23K)

it'd be fine if multiplayer was more easily available and you weren't screwed by being forced to do local, the replay value of a lot of arcade games like beat'em ups is going in with a buddy and knocking it out in one sitting. playing a game like this by yourself isn't nearly as fun and it's extremely annoying especially because I'm pretty sure one of the trophies requires you to beat the game as every character.

This, tons of people bought garbage like Castle Crashers just because it has online co-op. Online multiplayer in a GOOD beat em up would definitely boost its sales a lot, and would have lets player fags promoting them with bro op to boot.

Fuck off, you bum. OP is implying that the user is too incompetent to play a game or software that has only couch co-op via the PC magic. Of course fucking emulators have P2P connection option and even before that there was kaillera and shit.

Phantom Breaker also didn't have online, but added it later. Even though that took a while.

I never said, nor do I think that, it would be easy or straight forward. However, it is absolutely a product of incompetence. If he had done an even a small amount of research early in development, he would have saved himself a lot of time, effort, and headache. But he didn't, and so in order to deliver on his promise he had to essentially remake his entire game.

Kudos to him for actually following through despite that though, I can at least respect that.

Not sure about this game but 1ccing beat em ups solo is fun as fuck, and playing faster and faster is very rewarding. I doubt itll be nearly as good as something like Final Fight though, western devs suck at beat em ups and it seems like its going for combos over solid core design.

>THEY HAVE TO REBUILD THE WHOLE GAME!
Or they could have realized that the game they're making is in a genre that thrives with multiplayer mode. They could have realized that it's the year 2019 and online multiplayer is now a significant part of most games.
They could have realized all of this at the beginning of production. They didn't. Because they're idiots.

>announce game 2 months before it releases
>only advertising you actually do for the game is 2 convention demo booths and Yea Forums shilling
this game is barely gonna sell 10k copies and that's being generous considering I bet a lot of people will drop and/or refund the game when they find out it doesn't even have an online mode.

>3rd party apps shouldn't be your only option
I totally agree, and if the devs are suggesting the players do that, they're fucking retards. I understand what implications a couch co-op only game has on who can play it. What I'm saying is, they've obviously deemed the resources required to implement multiplayer not worth it. It's not that they couldn't, but that they aren't interested from a business standpoint, either because they don't think it will attract enough to pay for itself, or becuase it adds extra risk by investment. You must understand that adding features like that increases a game budget and development time, making the possibility of failure even more detrimental. Just because a company has tools doesn't mean that they will use them in every project, especially if they don't expect the return to be guaranteed. I relate with you a lot in finding coop games that are couch only, and I hate having to use shit like hamachi or parsec to play these games with friends, but you shouldn't assume that so many these developers aren't putting internet multiplayer into their games because they're incompetent and lazy.

if a developer seriously thinks a beat'em up having an online mode isn't worth the resources, they are incompetent because that is something that should've been immediately planned for.

River City Ransom Underground, a game by literal who devs released with 4 player online multiplayer.
Wayfoward has had experience with online multiplayer before. There's literally no excuse.

More like it's going for character than solid core design.
>destructoid.com/we-chatted-with-wayforward-about-river-city-girls-ass-kicking-heroines-kunio-kun-s-legacy-and-keeping-brawlers-fresh-563052.phtml
>Adam: River City Girls is, to me, a character-driven game first and foremost.

exactly. I'm not bitching because it's not possible or I don't know how to do it with a 3rd party app. I'm bitching because I shouldn't fucking have to. Online co-op should be in this game at launch and fuck every single one of you fags who are defending arc right now.

Attached: 1542919086215.png (860x710, 466K)

Hey user, I'll just ask again. Are you an idiot for thinking native online multiplayer wouldn't be worth it, or are you saying the devs are idiots for thinking native online multiplayer wouldn't be worth it?

The very first questions when these type of games reveal they don't have networking features is the fact that they don't have networking features and if they will add it to the future. If you're not able to gauge your market and seriously believe that adding a highly requested feature in multiplayer oriented games is a bad business move, then you should be fired immediately.

Who would be the best voice actors for K&R? Both JP and EN.

>implying this game is getting a JP dub
hasn't been confirmed and the JP demo had english voices

1 that's not how hamachi fucking works you retard
2 hamachi is so trash that half the time it will fuck your network settings up after use

I see no reason why. Did they give any justification? Kunio-kun series has always been japanese.

probably just doesn't want to/arcsys doesn't want to shell out for something not important like voice acting.

>that should've been immediately planned for.
You seriously don't think the people who make these games don't ask themselves this exact question when they come up with the idea for their MULTIPLAYER coop game? The question of internet multiayer was undoubtedly asked, user. They deemed it not worth the resources for whatever scope they want their project to be. If they promised internet multiplayer and then said they forgot to implement it, that would certainly be incompetence.

Imagine making a co-op beat em up in 2019, featuring two distinct playable characters in every piece of promotional media, and NOT having an online multiplayer mode.
At least 50% of your potential buyers are gone. There is literally no reason to buy it when you can pirate it and play single player/couch co-op or emulate it with parsec or whatever

>Misako about to give a kiss to the entire soccer team.
Seems like she is everyone's girlfriend.

Attached: Nksoccer_ending.png (1219x1000, 8K)

>Are you an idiot for thinking native online multiplayer wouldn't be worth it, or are you saying the devs are idiots for thinking native online multiplayer wouldn't be worth it?
I'm saying you're an idiot for actually thinking your understanding of their project is higher than theirs. I don't know whether it would be worth it. I'd like to think it is worth it, because I frequently don't buy coop games that I would have bought if they had internet multiplayer. I am one of their lost sales, so I'm inclined to request it, but to take this position and declare the devs incompetent for not including it is moronic. You're absolutely fooling yourself if you think so many devs like this are just not adding internet multiplayer because they're incompetent. Your estimation of internet multiplayer's profitability within an individual project is FUNDAMENTALLY less than that of the developer's, simply by the nature that you are ignorant to the game's development details and structure, nor are you a market analyst who can present empirical evidence as to the proven growth of product sales for coop games that dedicate the extra time to add internet multiplayer. The reality is that there are plenty of internet games that do extremely well, and some that don't sell at all. This itself is evidence of the risk in developing internet multiplayer, and the propensity for indie devs to avoid it entirely is evidence that it's clearly harder and riskier than you or I would like it to be. This in itself does not make these developers incompetent, and it's foolish to assert this reality as some sort of contrivance on the part of developers, as if these games really SHOULD have internet multiplayer, if only these developers weren't so lazy and incompetent. This is an utterly foolish rationalization.

Can you just admit they were retarded for making this decision, user? Is it that hard for you to be honest and say "yeah that decision was retarded from a business standpoint" instead of just saying they made the decision(thanks we realize they made the decision)? Or are you going to pretend that ooooooh maybe they wouldn't have sold that much more if people could reliably play the couch co-op double dragon game with theur internet friends?

RCR Underground had it

Attached: 14BB4A69-0A33-41F7-B290-56E72E47E327.jpg (643x820, 80K)

>shame
>who the fuck cares about the plot of a beat'em up
>source
>play on hard
>welcome to arcade games, I bet you think every shmup is a rip-off too
>how much should it be?
So you are retarded, thanks for your input.
Why are threads about this game and indivisible filled with shitposters?

Attached: mutsuki.gif (408x408, 328K)

Never mind you floundered for a giant wall of text here like I thought you would because you're asspained about people calling out the obvious incompetence of the developers not realizing what EVERY person wants in a co op beatemup game in 2019. Developers make mistakes, user. They do retarded things.

It's also stupid to require parsec because you only need 1 copy of the game, they actively lose sales by not using native online co-op.

It's crazy because they paid people to make a manga for the game.

I'll be honest. The best part about sukeban is hearing them scream and swear. Not having them be japanese voiced is a cardinal sin.

>If you're not able to gauge your market and seriously believe that adding a highly requested feature in multiplayer oriented games is a bad business move, then you should be fired immediately
Your presumption that this is an undeniable market reality is fucking retarded. Whether or not it's highly requested doesn't immediately make it worth the effort. If it undoubtedly was worth the effort, these developers would repeatedly face failures and missed opportunities. If not adding multiplayer to a game causes it to fail, we would naturally see a developer not choose to seek that failure again, but we see couch only games like this quite often. Interesting how that works, isn't it, that developers seeking profit would opt for less risky and profitable forms of development. Your very assertion that those people should be fired is the same line of reasoning that incompetent devs that repeatedly underdeliver or miss opportunities for success would naturally remain unsuccessful, or those that repeatedly overshoot their budget and game scope will fail. To say that this is a product of incompetence is ridiculous. Failure is a product of incompetence. If this game fails because they didn't add multiplayer, that is a product of their incompetence. To add multiplayer and have it still fail would be an even bigger form of incompetence.

I see the Wayforward employee is at it again

Ok WayForward shill. I'll pirate this game. Go away

literally not going to buy it because the girls have boyfriends

They have a heavy presence online. They shill on twitter 24/7 too

>who the fuck cares about the plot of a beat'em up
wayforward themselves are saying this game is story and character driven as shown here >source
by this point you've seen it by now if you've entered a RCG thread, but this in reference to how he shits on his own writing and the involvement of any men on the project to impress some literal who artist, pic related(the part on the right, don't give a shit about the left part, I didn't make this image)
>welcome to arcade games, I bet you think every shmup is a rip-off too
didn't say that, but they're are much longer beat'em ups out there, and a lot of them have extremely high replay value thanks to adding a shit ton of characters and in the case of castle crashers and similar games, they add more RPG like elements that make each run unique thanks to the different build you can do like magic builds or archer builds, this game has the shop stuff but it honestly looks like you're gonna end up buying all the moves anyway so that's not really the same.
>how much should it be?
$15 at most if they're making a game with this little content in it, and even then I'd say that's pushing it a bit, keep in mind you can buy much longer games with much more replay value for much less than $30

Attached: 1562464546907.png (1618x808, 156K)

No online coop?
actually unironically dropped
those third party apps are fucking annoying even when they do work
fuck it
and to think I was interested in getting it

>Developers make mistakes, user. They do retarded things.
And they go out of business for those mistakes. Those that don't make mistakes remain profitable. Those that make mistakes and are capable of observing them make efforts to correct them or avoid them in the future. To suggest that devs keep making these mistakes over and over again by sheer incompetence and laziness is fucking retarded.

Even Japan hates you.
Wayforwardshill, if you have room to talk, tell them to fix Riki's fucking stupid haircut.

Also, Hamachi, as you've been schooled ten thousand times here, doesn't work like you think it does. You'd need something like Parsec.

I really hope this shit's an alternate continuity thing because the writers so far have been completely retarded on twitter and I'm looking forward to pirating the game just to play the smooth animations anyways.

>Wayfoward project manager tries to viciously defend his shit market research job on Yea Forums's Yea Forums

Attached: 1242911076001_4342346972001_AntManFeaturette-hulu.jpg (1280x720, 306K)

>require parsec
I agree. Having to use parsec fucking blows, and it super limits some types of games, splistscreen games are basically impossible because of the garbage bitrate. I really wish more games would have internet functionality.

You don't need to be a goddamned market analyst to realize you're going to lose a lot of fucking sales for not having online in a game like this. Would I need to be a market analyst to tell you people would want to play the game more than once? Would it be presumptuous in your view to assume that the game never letting you play the story a second time might hurt sales? Maybe not having co op at all, would that cause a dip in sales? WHO KNOWS, WE AREN'T THE DEVS OR MARKET ANALYSTS. But for people who only have online video game friends, that's what the reality is. No co op for them in this co op beatemup.

>if they keep making mistakes they would be out of business
Im saying they're making a mistake here, user. Because it is a fucking mistake. But you can't admit that, you disengenuous fuck.

>random fuckjobs make an online play solution for games that didn't previously support it in 1994
>supposed to believe a game company can't manage to get online play in a co-op beatemup in 2019

Attached: 008.jpg (365x411, 109K)

>>how much should it be?
definitely not $30, you can buy Metal Gear Solid V or DMC 1,2 AND 3, or Yakuza 0 for that price, all of which are way longer than this game and have much more content.

My fundamental argument is that the fact that devs keep doing it is evidence itself that the reality is different from what we would like it to be. Devs continuously underdelivering in this aspect is not a product of some contrived incompetence that keeps happening over and over and over again. I'd be really interested to see actual risk assessment data on it though.

Attached: Delet_this_C_U_N_T.jpg (1080x1099, 516K)

user please, there are risks involved in that. They run the risk of making a decent number of sales, for instance. Thankfully they dont need to worry about that now. Risk averted.

They just meant the characters are charismatic, and they are, they ooze attitude and style.
Sorry I don't follow twitter drama and don't give a fuck, I see 2 cute girls and several cute NPCs, this can't be SJW shit no matter how much the director says what a mangina he is.

But this game not having online co-op is actually good news. Now you don’t have to buy it at all, just pirate and play couch or use parsec. Based Wayforward saving our money!

Attached: A76C110C-8A6A-4E55-ABE9-9857C3AE102B.jpg (850x1213, 316K)

>STILL shilling this SJW shit
>they had to force Arin "the fag" Hanson into it to make copies sell

This is also not the first time a japanese publisher releases a new beat'em up without online, there was a new Double Dragon after Neon with no online too, they just don't care.

You really couldn't at launch, of course those games are cheaper now.

We have actual devs on Yea Forums, it's the only explanation why pirates are considered bad in this board but not in any other.

native online multiplayer is a must for beat em ups in this day and age. and then you fags complain why the genre is dead

Who gives a fuck put it in anyway and make sure it's not a laggy mess.

Wait is this a joke? A $30 beat-em-up doesn't have multiplayer support? hahahaha that's terrible

>You don't need to be a goddamned market analyst to realize you're going to lose a lot of fucking sales for not having online in a game like this.
Totally agree, the reality of lost sales is absolutely true and undeniable. The question is whether it is worth the investment, and if that extra investment is worth the inherent risk in developing a video game. The very fact that adding a feature into a game would bring in sales does not prove that it is worth implementing.
>Would I need to be a market analyst to tell you people would want to play the game more than once?
Not in itself no.
>Would it be presumptuous in your view to assume that the game never letting you play the story a second time might hurt sales?
I don't know, honestly. I'm inclined to consider this a negative though. So in general I agree with your sentiment. This is generally a feature people expect in games, and it seems like more effort to force people to never play the story again than to allow them to do so.
>Maybe not having co op at all, would that cause a dip in sales?
Sales would not dip. Sales would rise with coop, there is a difference between losing sales and gaining sales, seriously. A dev only stands to gain sales from adding coop. This does not mean that those sales gained would be worth the cost of adding coop. The end goal is having sales figures that surpass the budget by as much as possible, not getting as many sales as possible.
>WHO KNOWS, WE AREN'T THE DEVS OR MARKET ANALYSTS.
I couldn't give you figures, maybe we should do a survey with indie devs.
>But for people who only have online video game friends, that's what the reality is. No co op for them in this co op beatemup.
I relate, it sucks a lot. I really think multiplayer coop is an untapped market. I think lots of people are looking for really fun, memorable cooperative experiences with friends, more so than developers are delivering. This is my view.

>they just don't care
Very unlikely, and you're a fool to actually think this.

The fact that the a majority of the top selling games, and this applies to the AAA market and indie games, are multiplayer with an online component is more than enough data. Network programmers might have been a rarity back in the day, but that's no longer the case. Hell, Steam even has a framework they give out for free for devs to implement into their games. This isn't the PS2 era anymore, online is not a fucking mystery.

>Who gives a fuck
The people who need to make profit to maintain their business, the same people developing the game.

Any co-op multiplayer game with no online support in 2019 deserves to flop.

for $10 more you can buy a lot of major games at their launch price since most major releases release in the $40-$60 range

Guys look at the pretty retro graphics and the cute girls!

Day 1 pirate for sure!

>>Would it be presumptuous in your view to assume that the game never letting you play the story a second time might hurt sales?
>I don't know, honestly.
You don't know, user? That the double dragon game never letting you play it a second time would hurt its sales? You just don't know? Are you being this intentionally obtuse, like "well I don't actually know if the sun will rise next morning because we could get hit by a meteor and the earth will explode" kind of obtuse? Is that how far you're backed into a corner to defend your shitty dev's shitty decision to keep you from reliably playing with your internet friends? You're pathetic, unironically.

its fucking 2019 there is 0 excuse why there isnt online multiplayer.

>no online co-op
that's why this genre is dying

>Hamachi

>Wayfoward dev doesn't understand how Hamachi works and doesn't realize Parsec exist, but has only been a thing recently

well this game looked great until this, what the fuck are they thinking

>The fact that the a majority of the top selling games, and this applies to the AAA market and indie games, are multiplayer with an online component is more than enough data
It is rarely the outset goal of an indie dev to reach a level of success comparing with AAA games. There are plenty of games with internet multiplayer that absolutely flop in sales. The REAL fact of the ordeal is that multiplayer does not guarantee a game's success, and the profit of adding multiplayer might not make up for the costs, depending on the success of the game. Similar to your model, one could say that all the top selling games have both controller and keyboard support, but this does not mean that adding this functionality will make my game profitable. It will undoubtedly give me more sales, as anybody limited to one input method would not buy the game otherwise, but this in itself is not proof that those lost sales are worth more than the cost of adding controllerkeyboard support. You must think in terms of costs and profits: virtually every game developer ever to release a game would probably like to spend more time adding more and more features to their game, the question is not whether those features would add sales, but whether they would be worth the cost of development. If adding internet functionality were truly as easy as adding controller support, it would probably not be any rarer than controller support, because internet multiplayer would probably bring in more sales than controller functionality (just my general guess). The reality is that internet multiplayer is likely far more costly than controller choice. One only needs to look at how many devs intentionally choose to avoid internet entirely, despite the sales it would bring and the demand for it. It is far more likely that devs are making the choices that technology and business most incentivize, than to say that they are incompetent fools who are intentionally ignoring the demands of their customers.

I had a great time playing Double Dragon Neon (made by Wayforward btw) and RCR Underground online with my friend. Shame that we’re going to pass on this one.

Attached: 43B13C66-9BD5-4922-A3B8-E645C14FE3BD.jpg (786x1017, 180K)

What is the point of cutting off my quote? I followed this up by saying that I would be inclined to assume it would harm sales, and that I agreed with you. I couldn't give a figure or any confident assessment on the matter. Are you retarded or are you just being a dick? I doubt anybody else is reading this gigantic thread of replies, user, you aren't fooling anybody.

To say you dont know shows the depths to which you will defend shitty decisions. Do you know if the sun will rise tomorrow user? If someone asked you, would you say yes because outside of some exceptional disaster, that would be the case? Or would you say "well ya know, I just dont know. I mean, likely yes, signs point to it, however..." like a disengenuous chode?

You are the one not fooling anybody and you can't bring yourself to admit this desicion was fucking retarded. You can't bring yourself to admit that devs make mistakes even when generally successful, or that this may be a market failure.

>MUH ONLINE COOP IN 2019

I'm just glad that it has couch coop, something that has been missing in a lot of games for quite some time.

>>MUH ONLINE COOP IN 2019
>I'm just glad that it has couch coop, something that has been missing in a lot of games for quite some time.

Attached: Matt_Bozon_2009_2.jpg (623x468, 88K)

I got this game on PS4 and there was no online, so i never beat it. Got annoying on my own.

now post the copypasta

>I'm just glad that it has couch coop, something that has been missing in a lot of games for quite some time.

Attached: 1564173068607.png (665x800, 54K)

parsec never works for me. my friend's controller never registers.

None of those games let me play as cute sukeban beating the shit outta thugs.

yakuza 0 can with mods

>You are the one not fooling anybody and you can't bring yourself to admit this desicion was fucking retarded.
If I were a producer on the project, I would harshly push against it based on my current limited understanding of the decision. I can only think it would harm the player experience, and thus the game's sales. That being said, I don't actually know if it would effect sales, technically, nor do I know if this decision was done out of some limitation, or why this decision was made in the first place. I would seriously want to hear the rationale for it, because I cannot think of a sensible one. I don't think I am wrong to assume that it wasn't "we want to make the experience worse for the player." I have no fucking idea why they would choose to do this in the first place, nor have I ever seen a developer intentionally choose to do this with their game. It seems like a universal negative from the information I have. Is this a fair assessment in your view? I only meant to clarify how fundamentally disconnected we are from the technicalities of the project and how technically unprovable our presumptions about feature feasabilities are.
The sun has risen every single day for as long as humanity has existed. Your assertion that the sun rising tomorrow is as equally factual and substantiated as the relationship between a design choice and a sales decrease in a video game is fucking ridiculous.
If it is true, that internet functionality would be trivial to add, and that the choice to restrict replayability wholly without any merit whatsoever, the devs will suffer the costs of these mistakes. My argument is not that these devs aren't incompetent, but that the fact that devs repeatedly do not implement online multiplayer in coop games, despite the demand, is evidence that it is more costly than we would like it to be.

>I don't fucking know why they would do that
You don't know much anything about what drives video game sales user, so that doesn't surprise me. Your walls of text that say jack shit only flesh that out.

>pretend devs
>pretend pirate bashers
>pretend trannies
>pretend shills
>pretend zoomers
>pretend boomers
>pretend consolewarfags
>pretend weebs
>pretend twitterniggers
This is the website of pretenders. I promise you no reputable devs post about their products here. Nobody wants to be associated with this place, and the return on any marketing investment here is likely miniscule.

I never once said adding internet multiplayer wouldn't add sales, you illiterate fucking retard.

Attached: kirrb.png (300x325, 65K)

I never said you did either, because you know jack shit about what drives game sales.

This
Yes, thank you for demonstrating you don’t understand.

Are you going to actually refute any of my points or are you just going to keep speedreading my posts and guessing what it is I meant to say? I never once disagreed with you regarding any of your sales estimations.

Adding online functionality to a multiplayer game is such a large undertaking that it’s extremely reasonable to assume that most projects do not have the budget to support it

B-but it's 2019...

That doesn’t mean shit. The level of ignorance in asking why a game isn’t online enabled is like asking why a game isn’t 3D. Does not having it hurt sales? Yes obviously, but many projects simply cannot add such a thing.

do you really think ArcSys and Wayforward can't do it despite the fact that most of ArcSys's games have online multiplayer and WayForward has done it multiple times in the past. For real, how retarded are you?

You dont have any points user, it's just "well some devs aren't doing it and I'll buy it anyway, wonder why they don't bother?" Or "well if you're not on the dev team you have no idea what's going on." Those don't do anything to stave off the biting feeling in the back of your head that this was a stupid fucking move.

They're both small indie teams dude please understand.

Not every project has the same scope.

And yet RCR Underground made by literal whos has it, as well as assloads of low budget indie games. Stardew Valley guy added online multiplayer for free just because everyone was asking for it, he didn’t even had to.
It’s just laziness on Wayforward’s part and you can’t deny it.

A multiplayer game in 2015 onward not having online play is pretty ridiculous.

She literally cucks Kunio in one of the games while he's in jail. Waifufags need to wake up.

none of you faggots even play video games

old girlfriends vs new girlfriends

>I'll buy it anyway
I repeatedly said I that I don't buy games that are couch only. My argument was that devs at large are functioning on what is optimal for their development scopes, contrary to the presumption by people ITT that they're all incompetent and lazy.

What the fuck are you talking about? There's a ton of multiplayer games that launch with both, or just local. Rarely is there a game that's online multiplayer only aside from a few big budget shit or team games.

If Parsec wasn't a piece of shit that demanded it be on my main disc to work instead of my secondary disc with actual space on it, I'd be fine with even PC games just being local co-op with Parsec in mind.
But as it stands, it's both retarded to make a game in the year 2019 that has multiplayer, but no online co-op, and going as far as to ask people to use third party apps to get the multiplayer experience.

Attached: thumbsup.jpg (400x400, 17K)

Is this a reboot? Maybe the translations I played were shitty but I remember Misako being kind of a whore. Kyoko is great though.

If Hamachi can be used, it means it has a networking protocol already setup because that's how it works.

It also means there would be lag, which doesn't make it any better than a direct connect method, in fact it makes it worse because you have to taken into account Hamachi's own system, adding extra latency that direct connect won't have.

>I won't buy it, I just spend hours defending the game and the devs
Sure, user.

The tradition of Bukkake can NOT be understated.

give tomboy

Attached: 1565117697503.png (520x852, 609K)

>literally cucks
It's only cuckoldry if they're married.

I'll spend hours explaining why your shitty presumptions are dumb and illogical. Yea Forums has a tendency to blame lots of game issues or development practices on developer laziness, when they are often not. It is a conclusion only somebody ignorant of technicalities or just ignorant of the incentives faced by developers could come to.

Apparently the manga panels are only a in game cutscene....

>doing the company's work for them
Then why did i pay them?

Maybe I'm a 31yo boomer but forcing people to come coop the game instead of them having the option to do it from their home feels like a good move here. Online coop, even with mic, is just not the same. Felt that in my bones with MHW, love that game but where the fuck are the fun times I had with my mates gathering around, getting some food and beers and popping those 3DS. Seeing your mate react to what's happening in-game rather than hearing about it adds so much to the experience.

I get the complaints, I really do. But I still think its a good thing.

Dumb is "durr I dunno if locking you out of the game after one playthriugh would decrease sales. It probably would but who knows!? We not murkoting anylists so who knos." Dumb or intellectually dishonest to bolster your other position, take your pick.

You can do that if you want to user, don't take features out to fuck over people who can't or don't want to.

Where did you find this picture of my girlfriend?

sauce on the mega man one?

megamanroyale.com/