So what was the best game Yea Forums?

so what was the best game Yea Forums?

Attached: 1456603543983.jpg (800x808, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I29bgJLxm8M
youtube.com/watch?v=A0M7FAoK3fM
youtube.com/watch?v=WOjvrPLw9Ws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Arcanum

My favorite

torment> fallout 1 > fallout 2 > baldur's gate 2 > icewind dale1 > baldur's gate > icewind 2

Baldur's Gate was the best game, Torment was the best story, Fallout was the best world

Havent played any of these, someone tell me why i should play them
>t. 2001 babby

Wew
> Fallout 1
> Baldur's Gate 2: SoA
> Icewind Dale
Somehow you failed to pick best Black Isle/Bioware games.

I'll always take points systems over RTwP.
Baldur's Gate has the best exploration, Planescape Torment has fantastic dialogue and originality, and Fallout is just the most fun to play.

This

Underrail

except that fallout 2 fucks up the combat.

Ehhhh, I'm gonna disagree a little and give my reasoning.

Baldur's Gate was the best world as following the storyline was a little hard and the magic items were sparse and hard to find. There wasn't as many checks and the combat was very basic.

Torment was indeed the best story, no debate ever there.

Fallout was the best game, such good stats to choose from, so many fucking options, all that money and stuff you could find and upgrade. All those rpg checks and the game funneled you right into the main quest easy peasy.

Attached: Mineminemineminemine.jpg (1000x800, 90K)

Fallout, Fallout 2, BG1, ToEE

>not having BG2 instead of BG1

Anyways I'm gonna pretend that's BG2

Planescape is first. The story and characters are next level. TNO is probably my favorite and has the most personality of any main character of any RPG while still being a player avatar. Even better than Shepard imo.

The other two are tied. I love Fallout's world more than BG's but I like the combat and companions of BG2 much more.

From those three? Fallout 2.

Baldur's Gate, it's one of my favorite ever games just because of the pacing and party building, god I fucking love this game.

Attached: jambon_crue_m.jpg (280x186, 14K)

BG is better than BG2, high level D&D and degenerate Bioware writing can suck a fuck.

this, i forgot how biowarean bg2 is with characters stopping to cry to you about their feelings in the middle of a dungeon fuck that shit

How the fuck should I know I am not 100 years old?

Fallout's atmosphere is bretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=I29bgJLxm8M
youtube.com/watch?v=A0M7FAoK3fM
youtube.com/watch?v=WOjvrPLw9Ws

Attached: fallout 1997.jpg (793x1007, 65K)

That's just like, your opinion man. BG2 has more fleshed out companions, and a better villian. And high level DND magic is super fun

>Fallout was the best game,
You sir are correct, ho ho ho.

Because they're classics and whilst Yea Forums is for the most part a completely rotten shithole parasited by shills whilst still festering in negativity, its one and only redeeming aspect is that somehow it always had some respect for classics, disregarding the occasional bait, contrarians or more recently zoomers who will trashtalk them.
And the thing about this board is that when those classics are respected it is not out of some pretentious intelectual effort, but it is because of the good reasons, because they're fun games.
So what I'm getting at is that you should play them because they're classics, but first and foremost because they are fun, if you can manage to hold your attention spawn for longer than 10 minutes onto something.

Why is this the only D&D game with good combat?

Attached: The_Temple_of_Elemental_Evil_Coverart.png (256x358, 168K)

Why is this game such a snorefest?

But the companions of the first game are much better, 3/4 of them in BG2 are awfully written whiny bitches and stereotypes.
And they killed Xzar.

It's not bg2 because bg2 is fucking trash.

Please validate my childhood the post

it requires at least 200iq or else you get filtered

Planescape Torment >= Fallout 2 > Baldur's Gate

based and of steamworks and magick obscurapilled

Torment = BG = Fallout 2
All fill a different asshole.

Attached: 1565297403239.jpg (432x495, 38K)

>a better villian

>emo elf who has nothing to do with the overarching bhaalspawn saga and just randomly stumbles on the player character
>literally a cuck

>better villain than sarevok, who is a child of bhaal himself and a mirror for the protagonist, and actually had a thought out plan that involved manipulating two cities into warring with each other so that he could use the resulting bloodshed to become Bhaal

Attached: aUlLPUN.jpg (1045x588, 69K)

Ye but sarecock is a nigger

i played planescape torment a few years ago, and was extremely impressed by the writing, narrative, setting, and story. however the game play was just okay.

I played baldurs gate 2 not too long after, and I was extremely let down. I couldnt get past a few hours. It seemed like babbys first dnd rpg to me. generic characters and setting (which the forgotten realms is in dnd).
can someone fill me in on what I missed? was it the gameplay people liked?
i played alot of dnd in high school, so maybe if bg2 was your first experience there it was cool?

>2001

Attached: 1563714007899.jpg (710x2412, 86K)

>I played baldurs gate 2 not too long after, and I was extremely let down. I couldnt get past a few hours. It seemed like babbys first dnd rpg to me. generic characters and setting (which the forgotten realms is in dnd).
can someone fill me in on what I missed? was it the gameplay people liked?
The opening hours of BG2 do not make a particularly good impression. It's very generic.

It's really the side quests, dungeon, variety of encounters and quests, rewarding loot, variety of magic spells, etc. that people like.

In two months the War in Afghanistan will be older than people who can post here without breaking global rule 2.

op here i think im just going to download all three and play a few hours of each, thanks for the replies guys, regarding fallout should i play 1 or 2 and same with baldurs gate

>should i play 1 or 2
Both but start with 1.

1 is straight up D&D, 2 is very Bioware, better to do one straight playthrough with the same character to enjoy it all but overall BG is a much more focused game than 2 and then ToB goes full retard.

you can play pathfinder kingmaker with turn based combat now

I like 2 better than 1 personally but this is pretty much correct

and its still worse lol, doesn't even have five foot step

Diablo

the turn based mod does have 5 foot steps

did they fix the game yet or is it still a broken implementation where natural armor can be stacked to ridiculous amounts

Diablo is a loot grinder not a CRPG

first game is a dungeon crawler, second game is a loot grinder

Fallout: New Vegas

I hear the original release was very buggy. I didnt play at launch, only started like a week ago

that dosent sound any less buggy than ranger/clerics from BG2 but it does sound less interesting!

After my first couple playthroughs I never bothered with NPCs as I would either solo or make a custom party
Just recently I re-played the saga making a point to recruit all NPCs and do their quests and holy fuck even back then Bioware was writing absolute dogshit dialogue
At any rate, these are the best companions
>Edwin
>Viconia
>Korgan
>Mazzy
Honorable mention for Keldorn

The worst thing about BG2 is the classes, Kingmaker makes even regular fighters ten times more interesting than anything in BG2

>The worst thing about BG2 is the classes, Kingmaker makes even regular fighters ten times more interesting than anything in BG2

>more interesting than anything in BG2
Kingmaker's spell selection isn't as good as BG2's, so that alone is false.

Besides, are you forgetting about all the equipment in BG2 that gives fighters spell-like abilities? Again, Kingmaker's loot isn't as good as BG2's.

i haven't played cuckfinder but magic users in 3.5 are even more overpowered than ad&d

Montaron, Edwin, Kagain, Shar-teel, and Viconia for me.

But that's the beauty of it though! Irenicus was a literal who, some times great villains do spring up out of the ground without some " A GREAT EVIL HAS AWAKENED. " shit tagged to it.

>2001
I'm sickened.

The only good thing about Irenicus is his voice actor.

>Posts Reddit frog
you're probably 1999

Fallout 1 because heroic fantasy is a shit genre for incel nerds

Torment > Fallout 2 > Fallout 1 >>> Baldur's Gate 2
Never even finished Baldur's Gate 1 and Icewind Dale 1 & 2. They all seemed so boring and uninspired compared to Fallout and Torment.

Sounds to me like you're a casual piece of shit

>Sounds to me like you're a casual piece of shit
Well then you're a poor judge.

The fallout games and torment are the most casual of them all because they have almost no reliance on gameplay, the best way to play them is to see them as adventure games.

magic users are weaker comparatively in pathfinder than in 3.5 and even more so in the CRPG

why are you talking about spells hes talking about fighters

Neither game does fighter especially well, fighter stops needing to be a beginner/intro class. 4e and 13e fix this, pathfinder kingmaker and pathfinder 2 didn't do enough for this

heroic fantasy is a aryan genre, fallout is for commies

Doesn't recompensate the fact that they belong to the most overused and stale genre in media of the last fifty years.

You should see a psychiatrist.

cope

Wizardry 8

Worst Wizardry

>game
all 3 of those have terrible gameplay, so none

I would like these games better if they had a different setting instead of fantasy bullshit