Is this game worth buying? It's free on Steam this weekend and I'm playing it but it seems kinda cringe...

Is this game worth buying? It's free on Steam this weekend and I'm playing it but it seems kinda cringe? Is this just too niche to bother?

Attached: ED0B587BC6437E9088BF412B08B4F868EB76447D[1].jpg (1920x1080, 501K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/210402-disgaea-5-complete/faqs/72523
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you tried the free weekend and still doesn't like it,
then it's not the game for you.
Personally, i found the game charming and like it despite the cringe.

The humor stays the same.
The gameplay is kinda fun, it let's fuck arround how much you like. Becoming OP is a gameplay element, but you don't have to for the story to finish.

Is it generally better to use towerattacks or individual skills to level them up?

Gameplay wise it's the best in the series.
Narrative wise it's amongst the worst.
So if you're playing it for the narrative, expect more of the same.

This game had nothing but shitty ass sales since release

As a fan of the series I skip a lot of the dialogue.
Figure out if it appeals to you mechanically first, then think about the plot second, or whatever last place is if you can find another area you care about.

I haven't patronized NISA yet so why start now.

You can just skip the whole story, can't you?

Anyone have some general tips for the grindan game?

I've literally never played a JRPG for the gameplay. Why the fuck would anyone do that? Is this the deep end of the shut-in NEET life?

Attached: anxious.gif (500x532, 904K)

I got all the achievements in the PS4 and Steam versions. I'll link the guide I used for a lot of it but I can throw out some tips before you get into the nitty gritty. Once you get the item world try grinding emblems(the items that give boosts to all your stats). Since they aren't class specific and will boost all your stats grinding in them will always have a noticeable payoff. My main always has my 2 of my most leveled emblems and some Boots to help movement if they need it, otherwise a 3rd emblem. Once they grow out of that I pass it down the line, so even my runoff units get a payoff from the emblem grind. You can use the Chara world to get scrolls and pass skills to other characters but there's a squad later that let's you do it for free. Sage is hands down the best class in the game for grinding. It shows up late game and if you want all achievements there's a common Land Decimator build for it that will get you there easy. I personally like having a couple Maid classes around early game. You're unlikely to hit the unit cap early game and Maid's at something like level 10 learn afternoon tea which is a skill that gives another unit another turn. So if you're at the end of your turn and you still have unit slots available you can stick some boots on a low level maid, run them out and give another unit another turn. They probably will die on the next turn but sacrificing units for profit is kind of part of Disgaea. You even get more rewards from the Hospital the more you heal or resurrect. There are lots of other little things but it's best to go out there and experiment to figure out what you find most fun to do. You can refer back to a guide if you think you need it.
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/210402-disgaea-5-complete/faqs/72523

Attached: 1556684073730.jpg (1500x1688, 665K)

Too bad the gameplay is completely irrelevant postgame and the storymode is not the point of disgaea.

Disgaea is an srpg, not a jrpg, plebeian.

No.

I think they are talking about dialogue scenes, which you can skip. You don't need to know jack shit about the plot, as long as you know how to put your sword into the enemy's face you're good.
Obviously you can't just skip to the post game. That might be interesting but without the normal levels to slowly build up your characters it would be a lot of low level item world to get good enough for the real post game.

Should I get it on PC or switch?

The versions are pretty much identical.
Whatever platform you feel more comfortable playing a game for long periods on.

thanks bro

Attached: 1335890405516.jpg (400x400, 31K)

It's only 720p no matter the platform, so I'd say get it on Switch, 720p looks pretty bad on a big ass PC display, but it's perfect for Switch in handheld mode.

Huh, I played the demo on 1080p without problem.

You can just item world as soon as you start and bypass the leveling problems.
Yeah you can skip all scenes at least, even if you forgot to skip scenes in advance you can just press triangle/y to skip them which is a really good qol improvement. Same applies to all skill animations you've seen at least once before.

I meant the character sprite size is the same and optimized for 720p.

Seriously though. This and Nier Automata had the shittiest sales i've ever seen.

not every JRPG is Final Fantasy

Yeah, desu I don't even know what happens in any of the chapters anymore, I just know what Squads they unlock.

Start playing the first one user.

lol, the first game is outdated af

>Nier Automata
Don't remind me.

Still waiting for a 75% sale after over 2 years.

Just get the 100% discount instead.

>disgaea 5 complete
>its not complete

what did they mean by this?

Why did they never port Soul Nomad & the World Eaters?

I mean I can easily emulate it but I'd still rather see it distributed on all current platforms.
Even Phantom Brave got a chance.